Hi! We are in the final stages of the SRK forum migration. Soon, we will lock the forums so we can transfer over all the discussion threads. Please expect a downtime of a few days while we implement the migration. Thx for your patience.

XvsSF thread

Comments

• CBCB Joined: Posts: 2,840
    YO is that NSQ's Big Bama Booty talkin shit?
  • F|at|ine____F|at|ine____ Joined: Posts: 33
    I honestly didn't think it went past 99.....
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5379/worstchunli.jpg
    that's not horrible...that's fucking terrible
  • BigPapiBigPapi Joined: Posts: 80
    I honestly didn't think it went past 99.....
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5379/worstchunli.jpg
    5 hours of straight gameplay? Damn, nice life.. :[
    5 hours? matches were like 10 seconds a piece, relax scrub you literally sit in mvc room just to troll for 6 hours straight....nice life.
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    I took a quick look at the win counter. It would be possible to edit it to go in to the thousands. But, who would want to play that long against the same person(or group if you're playing offline)?
    mcMDr.png

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

SHOUTOUTS TO WM FOR MAKING ANOTHER TOTALLY IRRELEVANT COMBO VIDEO AND BEING SUCH A NEW SCHOOL SCRUB THAT HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHO TO CREDIT THE COMBO TO. RELAX SCRUB, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR COMBOS.
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Why would you play this instead of MSH or COTA?
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • wolverine-masterwolverine-master Trinidad's finest Joined: Posts: 1,763
    Trying to explain something to you guys just makes no sense.
    So, for the non ignorant xmvsf trolls, here is something for you to read. My blog: http://wolverinemaster.wordpress.com/
    The support from 90% of this thread is worthless. Let me help you man. Whenever you see my name above a video, dont watch it.
    If you see a link to my channel, don't click it. If you see the letters W.M, run as far as you can.
    How bout you send me a pm about how you really feel.

Izumonjinx came out with some unexplainable stuff for the vs series....especially xvsf. Instead you try to shed light for the people who dont know, you pick apart MY videos and post your negative thoughts here.
    For anyone that has questions about this game or what happened in Izumonjinx's videos, please feel free to email me @ askwolverinemaster@gmail.com and I will try my best to answer them. I'm actually making an effort to help with confusion and queries that people may have. So if you guys feel its necessary, then let the 3 page W.M bashing/trolling begin.
    IS YOUR WOLVERINE BETTER THAN MINE?
    XBL: wolverine masta
    FB: facebook.com/w0lverinemaster
  • MiddleKingpinMiddleKingpin OmniBUS - 我们在日本有名 Joined: Posts: 1,235
    W.M, I don't try to pick apart xvsf combo videos because frankly most of the stuff in combo videos is not what I'd bust out in a match.
    If you are playing with corner infinites, at a high level this game is about
    - midscreen corner carries
    - two-sided combos (ie to put people back into the corner)
    - squarejump high lows
    - conversions off anti-air for characters who lack good high lows
    - pushblock baits otherwise
    - the famous high/low/cross mixup for chars who have it available
    I mean I understand that combo videos are cool and all but if you look at most of the people on this thread throughout the history of this game they use whatever functional tools r available.

If you are playing without infinites,
    then this game adds more
    - fucked up crossups / reset situations etc etc
    The combo engine for this game is real liberal which is kinda nice but most of the reason the ppl who played this hardbody don't care about the newest izumojin shit is because it has little to no bearing on what you'd actually run in a match in this game, straight up.

like oh snap more ways to win the cyclops juggernaut matchup that Cyclops already owns fray.
    more elaborate infinites on Dhalsim which everybody pretty much has already.

Oh and for you heads who played this and want to get at me on XBL for that mahvel, add me @ thankubaseddog.

Stay free and fraudulent, much love, and have a safe and happy holiday season erbody.

MKP
    WEAKSAUCEMAFIA CAPO STATUS
    MVC3 / MVC2 / XSF
    @ThomasFobbes on Twitter
    XBL: thankubaseddog
    would love to play u in UMVC3 MKP, but I don't have live and my PS3 doesn't have PSN so I just play local...you should hit up ggpo once in awhile though, same with CB and everyone else thats just on UMVC...shiiit I'm runnin UMVC3, KOF13,Tekken and still playing on ggpo! multitaskin and shit.
    Happy New Year
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227
    xsHBn.png
    I might mess with the stages in this game after I'm done with FHD.

I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum

[8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games

• bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802
    Dudes in this thread forgot what the purpose of a combo video is. It's not, nor has ever been, used to show what's functional. But it shows what's possible, and something that's quite honestly, more entertaining than watching the same Cyclops/Wolverine/Storm/Charlie/Ryu/Ken infinites I see in every XSF match.
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    Not trying to be ignorant, but who here agrees with this smart young fellow:
    ""Looks like boring combo rehash from Shidousha no Hyouden's old videos.""
    SlaserX 8 hours ago

It's so sad that this has to come out of someone's mouth every time I make a video. Oh well, dont forget to subscribe.
    Enjoy the videos. If it makes you guys happy, I'm leaving your thread alone after volume 4 of my series. I offered what I could to help you guys and I still get hated on. It was a pleasure.
    See ya around fellas........

• Shiro_420Shiro_420 Tournament organizer Joined: Posts: 4,512
    due my shitty little xvsf combo videos from a while ago got no love, do your thing the combos look cool,

anyhow just for the lols lets do this

http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4886&p=17141#p17141

anyone willing to commentate this with me let me know
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • -JuNo--JuNo- Joined: Posts: 185
    Damn tournament? Last tourney was almost a fuckup because of foreigners Gohan lagged my 3, 200% combos should of been me and Flatline in the grand finals. Every match i see now is storm la abuse or some other shit. Des tactics.. I play this game on and off now on because its not worth playing serious anymore. Here comes macro storm inf vs macro gief lariat inf grand finals again. Cool videos wolverine master. MKP? add my GT DjMcDougal to xbl ill try to get some matches with you sometime, not many people on my list play MvC3 and ranked is full of idiots. Shiro.. ill try to commentate I guess.. we'll see where im at. Just send an inv through skype when ready.
  • dogfacedogface Peke Suto Joined: Posts: 1,241
    Hey Shiro,

I checked out the end of your GGPO Tourney yesterday. Great stuff keeping the scene going, and the matches were intense. T-Kimura's Storm was nuts. Big props to you and all the GGPO guys for keeping this game alive.
    Hey glad you could tune into the event, mvc was a bit of drama with people PLAYING for other people, but it was still an exciting event

we have another going on march 10th
    http://ggpo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4909&p=17255#p17255

So if you happen to catch don't be afraid to say hello. Also I am uploading all the matches from the event, so keep a look out!
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • umthrfkrumthrfkr /Bane Voice Joined: Posts: 7,274
    Hey Shiro,

Horrible...

yup
    fuck you all
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • BigPapiBigPapi Joined: Posts: 80
    Yo? Don't tell me this fat, UGLY mother fucker is WM?

EXPOSED, I SEE YOU, DOGGIE.
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • MiddleKingpinMiddleKingpin OmniBUS - 我们在日本有名 Joined: Posts: 1,235
    Hey Vic,
    Where you at lately?
    What happened to the DogFace Show?
    Get at me.

Also shoutouts to the GGPO crowd for still being on GGPO, I just logged on to see what's up and I see the MVC room is still popoff central and Brazil is still running that #occupyXVSF
    WEAKSAUCEMAFIA CAPO STATUS
    MVC3 / MVC2 / XSF
    @ThomasFobbes on Twitter
    XBL: thankubaseddog
  • MWisk_2MWisk_2 Superduper Streamonster Joined: Posts: 1,042
    XvSF was really popular here, that and mvc1, lots of people never moved on.
    New account, orig '06, same Brazilian monster. Shoutouts to Team Sp00ky! PSN: marcushardle
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Filia or Valentine/Double Gimme Squigly Mike_Z
    KOFXIII: Yuri/King/Terry UMVC3: Wesker/Storm/Sentinel Felicia/Virgil/Wesker
    AE2012: Sakura (main), Oni (alt.) SFxTK: Poison/Julia

old school goodness =d
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
    Hey Vic,
    Where you at lately?
    What happened to the DogFace Show?
    Get at me.

Hey MKP! I've been good man! How's life in Canada? I see you and Joker are mad practicing that UMvC3 like crazy.

In fact, I just saw this. Have you seen this? You got to see this. This.
    http://www.twitch.tv/askdrsubzero/b/315884427

And I'm not sure when I'll get to new content anytime soon. But if I do, I'll make sure to post up here.

I saw on the front page that some passionate fans modded Super Smash Bros. I love that shit. I would love for some guys to mod XvSF and add a combo-breaker, maybe a stage or two without corners, and add Psylocke, Sentinel, Blanka and maybe Rose, Guy or Blanka. What would you guys like to see in an XvSF mod?

Again, shout outs to you and the Canada Crew. Tell everyone I said hi and I would love to see Fanatiq and Joker have a Mag showdown.

-Vic
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,874
    wave dashing needs to be fixed ala every other Vs game that does it right because in xvsf the animation can cut short to early and the amount of ground compared to what you would cover in other Vs games pales in comparison.
    since it wont be competitive ever again, i dont care about combo breakers for infinites since the community is so far advanced that if you were like only two loops once you start an infinite, we all know whats crackin and its all good.
    more characters and if you add commando he can ground pound into captain corridor. :)

and other stuff. im drunk. lol
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • Squire GrooktookSquire Grooktook The Releaser Joined: Posts: 791
    I would very much like to see Colossus in such a mod. He doesn't get enough love in the Marvel series.
    Squire Grooktook: 5 dollars extra and you could have had Skullgirls instead of Divekick.
    Squire Grooktook: You are dead to me.
    [UCF]psychoripper: too bad i wanted divekick more
    Squire Grooktook: YOU SUCK
    [UCF]psychoripper: more of my local friends are playing it
    Squire Grooktook: SOCIAL GAMER
    [UCF]psychoripper: shut up
    Squire Grooktook: NEVER
    Hey MKP! I've been good man! How's life in Canada? I see you and Joker are mad practicing that UMvC3 like crazy.

And I'm not sure when I'll get to new content anytime soon. But if I do, I'll make sure to post up here.

I saw on the front page that some passionate fans modded Super Smash Bros. I love that shit. I would love for some guys to mod XvSF and add a combo-breaker, maybe a stage or two without corners, and add Psylocke, Sentinel, Blanka and maybe Rose, Guy or Blanka. What would you guys like to see in an XvSF mod?

Again, shout outs to you and the Canada Crew. Tell everyone I said hi and I would love to see Fanatiq and Joker have a Mag showdown.

-Vic
    Color mods were cool but yes a full on mod would be nice, maybe taking out the 200% removing dizzies because if you get dizzied your fucking dead! and mayb a less stricked throw tech window. Just some thoughts

Anyhow, i'd like to see joker vs Finat but i wonder how joker would fair, do they hey storms in toronto? i now they got loads of magnetos! plus joker has a sent just as good as any other top sent out there.

Question to cali as well is, do they have a Ironman because no one is on the level joker is with ironman,, they why yipes is shouting out and giving props to joker.

make it happen at canada cup or evo!

Finally the Absolute victory tourament is tis weekend so hope to see osme heads in the tournament, still time to regiester!
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn

Old school
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • NickRocksNickRocks Abuse The Meta Joined: Posts: 22,922

-Vic
    cable and sentinel for xmen/blanka and cody for sf!
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • Khmer_Bad_BoiKhmer_Bad_Boi Joined: Posts: 2

-Vic

Hey Guys! Long time..

I wanted to say what's up XVSF heads...Its been a long time. I know the scene kinda died out since MVC3 came out but I would love to play some games with anyone on GGPO. Also I wanted to thank StriderZero for recording all the matches that went down at EVO2k10.

Just wanted to put this link up...Fanatiq has good execution..but Joker's execution is GODLIKE!

LMX
    LMX!

What's up man, how've you been? Are you still playing XvSF? I play against the computer once in a while, but I think the last time I played against a person was EVO2k10. If I ever get on that ggpo, I'll let you know so we can get some sick Wolv mirrors in.

Dude, Fanatiq vs Joker is so hype that there's a thread on gamefaqs about it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/637240-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/62637612

I have to say that in the execution department, it is pretty hard to call. I mean, Joker is Joker. His hands are robot hands. I typed "Canadian Joker" in google search and got this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=terminator+robot+hand&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=HXaaT6ymOcrViALl_qXODg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CB4Q_AUoAQ&biw=819&bih=533

But then again, Fanatiq can do this:

Seriously though, when this kid starts playing Marvel, they're both done.
    Joker got this, hope it also sticks with IM!
    The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
    Allow me to throw up some old school joker shit

The Champ is here!
    Edmontongamers.com
    I <3 RedCaliburn
  • Squire GrooktookSquire Grooktook The Releaser Joined: Posts: 791
    Quick unrelated question.

Is Sabertooth really as brain-dead as some people say?
    Squire Grooktook: 5 dollars extra and you could have had Skullgirls instead of Divekick.
    Squire Grooktook: You are dead to me.
    [UCF]psychoripper: too bad i wanted divekick more
    Squire Grooktook: YOU SUCK
    [UCF]psychoripper: more of my local friends are playing it
    Squire Grooktook: SOCIAL GAMER
    [UCF]psychoripper: shut up
    Squire Grooktook: NEVER