New to CvS2? Read here before asking questions!

124»

Comments

• TrykenTryken Having Dignity Since 2001 Joined: Posts: 143
    Hey, I've never seen any real high level play of CvS2. Who are some pros I should check out on youtube or videos of high level play in order to get a better feel for the game? I know fighters, so just being able to watch will give me some combo ideas and so on.

Preferably any team that features Rock, Ken, Vega, Akuma or Iori or Sagat. Those are the characters I've fiddled with before. Any recommendations for certain characters would be great, too. So any videos are appreciated.

Thank you.
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    Hey, I've never seen any real high level play of CvS2. Who are some pros I should check out on youtube or videos of high level play in order to get a better feel for the game? I know fighters, so just being able to watch will give me some combo ideas and so on.

Preferably any team that features Rock, Ken, Vega, Akuma or Iori or Sagat. Those are the characters I've fiddled with before. Any recommendations for certain characters would be great, too. So any videos are appreciated.

Thank you.
    Sagat, you'll find good ones anywhere..

Players to watch:
    Ricky Ortiz
    Bas
    Buktooth
    Sanford Kelly
    Daigo

Lots more... but that should get you started.
    It's been real.
  • RHayabusaRHayabusa I Izuna Drop on the first date Joined: Posts: 156
    Is CvS2 backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 yet? I'm trying to set it up for the community and not sure how to do it as only some PS3's are BC and the PS2's/Xbox 1 cannot use TE sticks etc. Thanks guys and gals.
    Reducto: "Every conversation is scanned for key words. Here, give me your phone, I'll show you." Reducto: "Same-sex marriages. Patagonia. NADER FOR PRESIDENT!"
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    Even if it is, It doesn't really matter. The xbox version of the game is EO, which no one plays competitively. PS3 backwards compatibility lags. Emulators are still hit or miss. The only way to really play it at home is still PS2/DC. Either get your sticks dual modded or forget it.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • RHayabusaRHayabusa I Izuna Drop on the first date Joined: Posts: 156
    Even if it is, It doesn't really matter. The xbox version of the game is EO, which no one plays competitively. PS3 backwards compatibility lags. Emulators are still hit or miss. The only way to really play it at home is still PS2/DC. Either get your sticks dual modded or forget it.

I'm trying to get people interested in old SF titles, it does not mater if the Xbox version is not seen as competitive (what matters is that people's new TE sticks are compatible). When it gets popular then the local arcade may buy the cabinets.
    Reducto: "Every conversation is scanned for key words. Here, give me your phone, I'll show you." Reducto: "Same-sex marriages. Patagonia. NADER FOR PRESIDENT!"
  • wtbrianwtbrian Joined: Posts: 33
    Can someone answer this question is capcom vs snk 2 eo for the original xbox playable on the 360
  • LionxLionx Do the Stun Super! Joined: Posts: 925
    ^ Pretty sure thats a no.
    CvS2: (C-Ryu, Terry, Rolento; K- Rolento, Geese, Kyo.) + Sagat/Cammy
    KoFXIII - Andy, Terry, Maxima ; BB: Tao >:3
    My IPlayWinner Article on CvS2: http://tinyurl.com/83dv74g
    High Level CvS2 vlog: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lionx
  • Newtype AndyNewtype Andy CHECK MATE Joined: Posts: 775
    Last I knew it was not.

Thank you.

Others include Ino (how could we forget this guy?), Alex Valle, Tokido, Dr. B, Chikyuu, Peachy, Gunter, Liquid Metal, Ohnuki, Combofiend, John Choi... There are so many...
    GBA2: RX-78
    SFxT: Juri & Law
    USF4: Juri, Gen, Honda
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,079
    what groove is best for mashing?
    King of the Post-09ers
    We Are Based
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • xX_Deus_XxxX_Deus_Xx ItsCool2BeDismissive Joined: Posts: 2,579
    what groove is best for mashing?
    MOTHERFUCKING K GROOVE!! YOLO! POW RAGE!!! CHING CHING JUDT DEFEND!!1 WAKEUP SUPER1111
    Have fun, and be safe with it.

Just kidding. Fuck shit up.
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    K Groove, without a doubt. But you`re a Marvel player Nick, i suggest you pick and learn A-Groove.
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
  • HexSellsHexSells Joined: Posts: 367
    edited April 2014
    i got cvs2 from the psn store.
    is there seriously no way to turn stun off in training mode?

edit:
    i read there's frame lag.
    i've always wanted to learn this game so i have my mind set on doing so i don't mind the lag (since i can't tell to begin with).
    i can do kyo's c.lk - c.mp just fine but is there anything i shouldn't bother with?
    Post edited by HexSells on
    "play to get better, not to win."
  • geadomgeadom Reversal Counter Hit Joined: Posts: 1,077
    "He´s different, he´s special." Pick up your spear, the only thing you can do is your best
124»