College Station Thread: Anyone in this college town??

outt3noutt3n Joined: Posts: 55
A few friends and I play SF4 a bit, and I'm just starting to get into Blazblue; with a little 3s in there. School is close to being in session again, and was wondering if we had anyone else in this little place.

Comments

• AndjitaAndjita Working Class Hero Joined: Posts: 463
    Hey man, there is indeed a few people who play in this town. I'm mostly a Marvel player, but I've been playing SFIV for some time now. I know a few other guys who would be interested in playing.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
  • outt3noutt3n Joined: Posts: 55
    NICE! thought I was going to have to let this thing die out since no one was posting lol! Yeah only started playing fighters with SFIV but just recently got Blazblue, so I'll be putting time in to that! but we'll for sure have to coordinate something, just I don't know about now since boss is being a dick and schedules me 5 days in a row wed-sun AGAIN.
    Hey man, it's all good. We'll work something out I'm sure.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    So do you all go to school here? or live here? or....
    I go to school here personally. The other guy we know who doesn't post on here goes to A&M as well.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    For sure, my roommate and another friend of ours always enjoy good game, and we all go to school together and stuff
    Sounds good to me. I'll probably be good to play some next Monday evening and few days after if that's cool. Fenix might be able to play you sooner though I have plans already for this weekend.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    so you have a ps3? damn, I have a 360, but we have 2 sticks do you have any for ps3?
    closest arcade UFO? really wish they had a machine somewhere here. Already ahve checked grand station, and gatti town. Would be cool if they put something in at the bottom of that new complex, the lofts. I actually drove by there and there are 2 cabinets kind of in the lobby. Prob going to go running and I'll go look in there, probably nothing but hopefully.
    Yeah I have two sticks for ps3 (about to have three). I wouldn't count on the lofts having sf4 or anything fairly recent, considering a sf4 cabinet runs about $20k + lol. UFO is probably closest but there an arcade in Houston called planet zero. It's aninteresting place plenty of drama associated with it lol.

I'm actually workig on getting a stick to work on the 360 and fenix has a modded a SE stick for 360. In essence, sticks will no be a problem for pretty much any console.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    sweet. If any of you learn how to dual mod, please please please tell me. Lol don't want to spend as much as they offer on the for sale thread, but have also never soldered. Planet Zero is pretty far away I think. I think the last time I looked it was on the other side of Houston towards Galveston. May have heard of one in the Galleria. I wasn't expecting it to have SF4 but was hoping for something fun. and how can a cabinet run 20k lmfao.
    Board is expensive and an HD display to go on top of it. Planet zero is on westhimer near the galleria sorta, on our side of houston, actually. I might be able to mod your stuff no promises however. Don't want to break anything :)
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    Must be somewhere else that I was thinking of. Maybe that's where Stargate used to be or something. Yeah if you've done it before, then I'll have all the confidence in the world that you can do it again. Just need someone to help me with buying the stuff, and then someone who knows how to do the soldering.
    Well sanjay and I are both EEs and have built own sticks and mess, so we should be able yi handle it.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    YEah I'll have to talk with you when we meet up about it. I know there is a guide on here and stuff so I'm sure it shouldn't be too bad for either of you.
    Yeah speaking of when would you want to meet up? I'll be I'm town starting Monday evening from my weekend plans and we could get a few games in or something
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hey Everone,
    Sanjay here. I've built a few arcade sticks before so whoever needs help with that, I'll be more than happy to assist. I'm mostly a street fighter 2-4, cvs2, and kof player (98 and 2k2).
    Well I'll prob be quitting my job soon lol, so in a little bit it can be whenever, but I am off Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately I've just got into fighters and have started with sf4 as my first. So may have to introduce me to some stuff. but well see about sometime monday or tues
    Well I can safely say that the three of us will be happy to show you and your friends whatever you guys need or whatever. Fenix and sanjay are cool guys and we all help each other. After all, that's part of improving your game.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    Nice. Yeah one of us has a ps2, and all of that, but we just never spent time on it, and his stick is starting to fail. Btw my name is Kyle.
    shit, of course I have to work until midnight on Monday. I'm off Tue and Fri tho and I get off at 8p on Sat.
  • TravenportTravenport Joined: Posts: 82
    Im down to play sf4 as well. I play on ps3 but my stick is dual modded so the console doesnt matter. Ill be in town next saturday the 22nd.

If anyone plays on PSN hit me up as well, my name is Travenport
    Travenport, you'll be in CS this upcoming semester? I'm just wondering.

Also, feel free to hit me up on PSN as well, my tag there is my screenname here as well.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    Yeah, im gonna be there this semester

Ill add you right now andjita
    btw, after some difficulties signing in my new PSN name is Trav-Dav
    So do we want to set a time to meet? Seems like Tuesday is going to be the best bet for most of us to meet up right. I'm off @ 11 am on Tuesday and I'm sure sanjay could play in thececenong at least but I'm coool with a long game session. FYI, I'm coming back to CS late tonight but if you want to play I'm down (night owl here).

My phone # is 979-235-7124, btw. Feel fine to call/text and we can set up a time to meet
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    For sure something tomorrow would be pretty cool, just depends on where we should meet and stuff. So guess I'll be checking back and forth on here.
    Well my place Is somewhat big for a one room. I have a 19" myself, but there is space for a few more tvs as I have tables and whatnot for more. Like I stated I'll ne off at 11 am tomorrow and in cool to play all day if wanted.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    I can bring a 19in tv, xbox360, stick (works on 360 only), and some games (I have Marvel, SF4, and Blazblue).
    If you want to go ahead and bring that, that'd be cool.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    alright I guess I'll be bringing my stick along as well if there will be a 360. Also I wont be able to play until later tonight, around 7 is my guess. Going to eat with some friends that just came in town/moving back in for school. If you want to PM me directions if it's set that it's going down at your place that'd be cool, my number is 281-734-8755 as well. Oh yeah, and who do you all main, just wondering???
    Right now its balrog, im tryin to pick up sagat within the next week or so
    ooohhh boy. Lol, I hate sagats. I usually just play Ryu/Balrog. Praying I dont hear any Blankas....
    I mostly play Akuma, but I can play a few others decently at least.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    so anything going down tonight?
    Fenix is at my place currently, trying to get Sanjay coming, and a friend from Woodlands is en route. So yes, stuff is going down ;) Call me when you can come over, i'll give you directions then. See you this evening.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    Friends are late, and probably wont be able to give you a call until about 9. Sorry if it's an inconvinence for you, but I'll be talking to you around then.
    lol whats wrong with sagat? btw andjita do yoiu feel like playing online while u wait for everyone to show up, if so shoot me an invite on PSN Trav-Dav
    suckered into going out tonight, damn feel bad for flakin on something we were trying to set up. I'll make it up by doing something at my place, maybe on a Saturday, or I get off work at 10pm tomorrow night if anyone is up for stuff then. Shit, sorry guys... and Trav, did you do your own dual mod, been looking into doing it.
    Well, I won't be able make this Saturday for sure and not sure on ones after that, though you guys should play if you could. There is a chance that we could play this evening, but I got about 2 hours of sleep and have to drive to Houston and back, so I wouldn't bet on it. I can play Thursday evening and Friday during the day. After that I'll be free most of Sunday and all of Monday.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    suckered into going out tonight, damn feel bad for flakin on something we were trying to set up. I'll make it up by doing something at my place, maybe on a Saturday, or I get off work at 10pm tomorrow night if anyone is up for stuff then. Shit, sorry guys... and Trav, did you do your own dual mod, been looking into doing it.

yeah i did my own mod. mine was a ps3 to xbox though. which mod are you trying to do
    xbox->ps3:( Hopefully I don't work all of Sunday so we can fit something in. Really want to game with you all lol.
    xbox to ps3 is alot easier mod anyway, so it shouldnt be a problem. i can help you out once u get all the parts
    Don't think that I work all of Sat either, and I think that's one of the days you said you could play? lol look like Sunday will have to work.

Yeah Trav, that's still just something that I'm a little curious about heh. I dont want one that is compatible with everything, just ps3. So would I get the Imp, and just a reg Chutlu, and not the Chutlu MC. And how would we put a switch on there?
    NVM looks like this would be all of what I need?
    1 X Cthulu 40
    1 X Imp Board 9

And where did you order from??
  • AMP187AMP187 Joined: Posts: 143
    hey what's up guys, good to hear there's some SFIV players in college station. i'm starting my first semester at A&M soon and i'd definitely be down to meet some other players.
    XBL: MonsterZero SRK
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    Don't think that I work all of Sat either, and I think that's one of the days you said you could play? lol look like Sunday will have to work.

Yeah Trav, that's still just something that I'm a little curious about heh. I dont want one that is compatible with everything, just ps3. So would I get the Imp, and just a reg Chutlu, and not the Chutlu MC. And how would we put a switch on there?

yeah, as far as things you need to order, you just need the ps3 pcb (cthulu whatever thing), and the imp. you dont need the cthulu mc and you dont need a switch. the imp is going to act as your switch
    Hey AMP, good to hear another player will be here. When will you be in town?

Edit: btw AMP, which system do you play SF4 on?
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    I play Sagat as my main in SF4. I also dabble in some Akuma, Cammy, and Sakura... maybe a little Ryu and Balrog. I think I'd be interested in the 360>PS3 conversion thing too. How much does it cost to set up?
  • AMP187AMP187 Joined: Posts: 143
    i'll be moving in on the 28th, just 3 days before class starts lol

as far as my system goes, i'm a 360 player
    XBL: MonsterZero SRK
    --Don't Get Cocky--