College Station Thread: Anyone in this college town??

Comments

• AMP187AMP187 Joined: Posts: 143
    Hey everyone, I haven't posted in this thread in months lol

Completely awesome that there seems to be some new interest in this town! I'm currently on an extended field camp for school until the 24th, but once I return I am completely down to play with you guys. I'm mainly an AE player but I also play some SFxT.

My number is 832 326 2075

I look forward to meeting all of y'all.
    XBL: MonsterZero SRK
    --Don't Get Cocky--
  • ZaboomafooZaboomafoo LOG Joined: Posts: 146
    Hey guys, lets get some games in this week!
    "Why, you!!! Ill pulverize you! Ill cut you up! Then, Ill put you back together and do it again!"
  • a38006a38006 offline is the best way to play Joined: Posts: 27
    Hey guys, lets get some games in this week!

me and a few others are getting together Saturday
  • Seoul StyleSeoul Style Global Admnistrator Joined: Posts: 187
    Yeah, anyone who is interested in getting games in this whenever week, just post which days of the week you're available and we'll host accordingly. If you don't post, we might not host.

I should be available all week unless other small plans with other friends come up. I'll probably be slowing down when Summer II classes start.
  • ATP2014ATP2014 Press H to win Joined: Posts: 364
    Hey, anybody interested in playing some casuals, we are gonna go to Ruiz's place tonight. Also, we will be getting a bigger group together on saturday at the same place and playing again.
    "Just zone him out"
    UMVC3: Wolverine/x/Akuma
    Ultra: Akuma
    Injustice: Batman
  • FrankTheThirdFrankTheThird Joined: Posts: 261
    Anyone going to Ruiz place Saturday that is trying out VF5:FS, I'm a scrub, but I enjoy the game...???
    I don't know how many of yall take UMVC3 seriously, but has anyone kept up with the TAC infinites? Some of them look so easy, and I feel its gonna really hurt this game in the long run.
    "Just zone him out"
    Hey dudes, I'm back from my extended field camp. Anyone want to meet up for casuals some time? I'm free from today until Saturday.
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    I don't know how many of yall take UMVC3 seriously, but has anyone kept up with the TAC infinites? Some of them look so easy, and I feel its gonna really hurt this game in the long run.

I am a bit, it's funny because my team is Mags/Trish/Doom, and from what I hear/read the Mags Trish infinite seems really easy, but I don't doubt they will get patched out, seeing as how many there are, if that makes sense.
    Hey dudes, I'm back from my extended field camp. Anyone want to meet up for casuals some time? I'm free from today until Saturday.

Yeah man, Saturday is the day that Ruiz place gets invaded by a few guys...not totally sure on the time though, Ruiz??
    Yeah, Saturday looks like the day that everyone is down to play. If Al can bring his dual-ASUS setup, that would be great. I have another dual-screen setup in my room. Living room TV can be used for Marvel. As far as time, I don't know. Maybe around 2 or 3 ish. Have it start kind of early, so there's plenty of time to play.
    Sounds good, since I'm heading home to get ready for EVO, I'm packing up everything here and taking it home, which means I'll be able to take another set-up 360 + Asus monitor.
  • StoidsStoids Joined: Posts: 11
    Just thought I'd add to this thread. I'm starting to get into SF4 at a very basic level. I've always watched fighting games and appreciated the intricacies, but never bothered to learn them myself. I've had a lot of down time lately, so I thought now would be a good time to try to pick it up again. I may drop by to watch some games and bug you guys with basic questions. I'm a graduate student down here, so I'll be around.
    Just thought I'd add to this thread. I'm starting to get into SF4 at a very basic level. I've always watched fighting games and appreciated the intricacies, but never bothered to learn them myself. I've had a lot of down time lately, so I thought now would be a good time to try to pick it up again. I may drop by to watch some games and bug you guys with basic questions. I'm a graduate student down here, so I'll be around.

It's never bugging when you're asking to learn and get better, I'm still fairly new as well, didn't start playing till about May of last year, don't be intimidated or nervous about asking questions and stuff.
    Yea, asking questions never hurts. I'm probably worse than you are at SF4 haha
    "Just zone him out"
    I am a bit, it's funny because my team is Mags/Trish/Doom, and from what I hear/read the Mags Trish infinite seems really easy, but I don't doubt they will get patched out, seeing as how many there are, if that makes sense.

I'm sure it will be patched out, but damn in EVO won't bee full of that shit. Gonna make watching real boring unless ppl make amazing reads
    "Just zone him out"
    Alright, so I'll be hosting a session tomorrow, Saturday @ 2PM. We should be good on setups. Bring your A-game, as we need to help some folks prep for EVO. See you guys tomorrow.
  • StoidsStoids Joined: Posts: 11
    I'll probably stop by and watch. Let me know if you need an extra 360 or anything in the future. Would be happy to lend mine to the cause.
    Great session yesterday. I didn't realize that time flew so fast. Are people down to play this week? I know some of us will be gone for Evo by the middle of the week.
    Hey guys, EVO weekend was great. Thanks for coming out to chill and have a good time.

Summer II classes have started so I won't be able to play hardly at all until after August 6. I'm sorry about this, but we'll have some good sessions before Fall semester starts.

This weekend, our buddy Aaron [AMP187] is available to host. I should be able to attend this one for a few hours, as it'll be the last time while Summer II classes are going on. I hope the rest of you will be able to come too.

Other that, cheers!
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,790
    Quick question...
    Has Xbox Live been just.....compeltely un-tha-fu#%-playable for any of you guys!!
    I've been using a wireless connection for the past year...via the black wireless N adapter for the 360, and have never seen it this bad!!

My IP provider is Embarq/CenturyLink, and I'm over near Brenham.

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura
    What's up guys. So I'm hosting tonight, if yall want to start coming around 6 or so that's cool with me. I only have one setup and its on Xbox, we might be able to set up another console/TV if someone brings one. Hope you guys can make it out, my number is 832 326 2075, text or call for directions to my place.
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    So anything goin this week guys?

Also, I was watching SBO quals they held in Austin at UFO and a player "Evil Toaster" came up on stream, well Fubar mentioned that he was from CS, anyone know the guy personally that goes by that handle?
    No idea who Evil Toaster is. Did he make it far? Also, I'm down for casuals before the weekend. Need to level up my Spencer and learn some up-grapple combos.
    "Just zone him out"
  • GamerDudeGamerDude Joined: Posts: 2
    No idea who Evil Toaster is. Did he make it far? Also, I'm down for casuals before the weekend. Need to level up my Spencer and learn some up-grapple combos.

I got your up grapples dude, ill show you how to jump cancel the launcher when i get back to cstat
    I got your up grapples dude, ill show you how to jump cancel the launcher when i get back to cstat
    Hey when do you get back in cstat? Might do some casuals when you get back.
    "Just zone him out"
    Sup everyone. Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in casuals from the 30th to the 2nd
    --Don't Get Cocky--
  • GamerDudeGamerDude Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey when do you get back in cstat? Might do some casuals when you get back.
    move in day is on the 19th so probably that day. and im down for some casuals whenever, we need to try out all these teams we got
    Sup everyone. Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in casuals from the 30th to the 2nd
    I'm down for anytime after 5-6ish. I gotta move in to a new place around that time, but I should be fine after that time.
    "Just zone him out"
  • BmanBman Heart of Space Joined: Posts: 725

I'm available, but college station scrubs aren't worth my time especially the worst player named Aaron. That guy is literally the worst player I've ever seen, even worse than wolfkrone. And that one Viper main who's ok cause he gave me free food, but is still shite with a dumbest character in the history of video games. And fuck all the Marvel players, why don't you go play competitive rock paper scissors or tic tac toe that's probably close to your style.
    AE Main: Ken
    3rd Strike Main: Ken
    Guilty Gear Main: Ken
    Soul Caliber Main: Ken
    Barbie Doll Main: Ken
    I'm available, but college station scrubs aren't worth my time especially the worst player named Aaron. That guy is literally the worst player I've ever seen, even worse than wolfkrone. And that one Viper main who's ok cause he gave me free food, but is still shite with a dumbest character in the history of video games. And fuck all the Marvel players, why don't you go play competitive rock paper scissors or tic tac toe that's probably close to your style.
    This guy...
    "Just zone him out"
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games (including $600 each for AE and UMvC3). It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Soul Calibur V, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls.

For more information (including an estimate on how much 1st/2nd/3rd will win in AE/UMvC3), visit the official thread here (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-25-2012-ark-v-1400-bonus-pots-feat-the-best-of-the-south-jacksonville-ar.158608/) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.
  • RetekinRetekin Joined: Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm in town for a bit and would like to get some games in.
    I'm available, but college station scrubs aren't worth my time

Especially vs. this guy.
    An uppercut is a thinking man's block.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    "Team White Guys, the least racist out of all of you"
    ~Some ethnic guy
    anyone interested in casuals tomorrow? i'm available most of the day
    --Don't Get Cocky--
  • BmanBman Heart of Space Joined: Posts: 725

Especially vs. this guy.
    I don't lose to random buttslam honda's and juri's who spam ex counter over and over even though they get punished. How about I play using my ballsack so you have a better chance of winning?
    AE Main: Ken
    3rd Strike Main: Ken
    Guilty Gear Main: Ken
    Soul Caliber Main: Ken
    Barbie Doll Main: Ken
    I don't lose to random buttslam honda's and juri's who spam ex counter over and over even though they get punished. How about I play using my ballsack so you have a better chance of winning?

Since you don't lose to my particular variety of trash, care to make things interesting then???
    anyone interested in casuals tomorrow? i'm available most of the day

What time and where? I'd be down for some games. Earlier in the afternoon would work better for me.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    later in the afternoon would be best for me, if anyone is interested
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    later in the afternoon would be best for me, if anyone is interested
    yes I'm down for anytime after 3 today
    "Just zone him out"
    Where do you guys game around here?
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    lately it's been at ruiz (seoul style)'s place, but i can host today if need be
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    I've got stuff planned for this evening, I'll try to make it out another time.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    Hey guys, so my class just finished today, so I'll be free for the next two or three weeks to do whatever before Fall semester starts (can't wait!). I hear you guys haven't been able to make casuals work out and that saddens me. But hey, what do you say we get started again for a bit?

I'm down to host anytime except for Fri-Sun this weekend. I need to know when everyone is free for casuals. So please post if you're down to play because your response is critical in order to make casuals work with a good turnout. Post your availability and if there's enough responses, we'll work out some casual meetups, more than likely at my place or AMP's.

Gig 'Emmmmmmm
    Hey guys, so my class just finished today, so I'll be free for the next two or three weeks to do whatever before Fall semester starts (can't wait!). I hear you guys haven't been able to make casuals work out and that saddens me. But hey, what do you say we get started again for a bit?

I'm down to host anytime except for Fri-Sun this weekend. I need to know when everyone is free for casuals. So please post if you're down to play because your response is critical in order to make casuals work with a good turnout. Post your availability and if there's enough responses, we'll work out some casual meetups, more than likely at my place or AMP's.

Gig 'Emmmmmmm
    Any time/day after tuesday. I'll be out of town on thursday.
    "Just zone him out"
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008
    I'm starting classes the week after next, but I'm going down tomorrow for the Corps' Freshman Orentation Week. Anyone ITT live on campus? IDK if I'll have much time to play between classes, corps, and ROTC stuff, but if I do I'll try to play some of you guys. Unfortunately, I don't have room to pack my stick. I play SF4 (Seth), HDR (Honda), and I've tried to learn Blazblue (Rachel).
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
    Any time/day after tuesday. I'll be out of town on thursday.

So, how about games tonight?
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    So, how about games tonight?
    Maybe, I gotta wake up early to go out of town this thursday. Text me 4698781559
    "Just zone him out"
    So, anyone hosting games this weekend?
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 13
    Hi guys i just moved here like last week and have been looking for someone to play some AE casuals. Anyone down?
    Yo, I'd be happy to play AE, but I'm out of town tomorrow through Monday.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
  • WhtLotusWhtLotus Joined: Posts: 13
    Yo, I'd be happy to play AE, but I'm out of town tomorrow through Monday.
    Are you down to play today? Here's my number, shoot me a text if you wanna play :-P 832-744-4941
  • a38006a38006 offline is the best way to play Joined: Posts: 27
    casuals today ?