College Station Thread: Anyone in this college town??

Comments

• TravenportTravenport Joined: Posts: 82
    suckered into going out tonight, damn feel bad for flakin on something we were trying to set up. I'll make it up by doing something at my place, maybe on a Saturday, or I get off work at 10pm tomorrow night if anyone is up for stuff then. Shit, sorry guys... and Trav, did you do your own dual mod, been looking into doing it.

yeah i did my own mod. mine was a ps3 to xbox though. which mod are you trying to do
  • outt3noutt3n Joined: Posts: 55
    xbox->ps3:( Hopefully I don't work all of Sunday so we can fit something in. Really want to game with you all lol.
    xbox to ps3 is alot easier mod anyway, so it shouldnt be a problem. i can help you out once u get all the parts
    Don't think that I work all of Sat either, and I think that's one of the days you said you could play? lol look like Sunday will have to work.

Yeah Trav, that's still just something that I'm a little curious about heh. I dont want one that is compatible with everything, just ps3. So would I get the Imp, and just a reg Chutlu, and not the Chutlu MC. And how would we put a switch on there?
    NVM looks like this would be all of what I need?
    1 X Cthulu 40
    1 X Imp Board 9

And where did you order from??
  • AMP187AMP187 Joined: Posts: 143
    hey what's up guys, good to hear there's some SFIV players in college station. i'm starting my first semester at A&M soon and i'd definitely be down to meet some other players.
    XBL: MonsterZero SRK
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    Don't think that I work all of Sat either, and I think that's one of the days you said you could play? lol look like Sunday will have to work.

Yeah Trav, that's still just something that I'm a little curious about heh. I dont want one that is compatible with everything, just ps3. So would I get the Imp, and just a reg Chutlu, and not the Chutlu MC. And how would we put a switch on there?

yeah, as far as things you need to order, you just need the ps3 pcb (cthulu whatever thing), and the imp. you dont need the cthulu mc and you dont need a switch. the imp is going to act as your switch
  • AndjitaAndjita Working Class Hero Joined: Posts: 463
    Hey AMP, good to hear another player will be here. When will you be in town?

Edit: btw AMP, which system do you play SF4 on?
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I play Sagat as my main in SF4. I also dabble in some Akuma, Cammy, and Sakura... maybe a little Ryu and Balrog. I think I'd be interested in the 360>PS3 conversion thing too. How much does it cost to set up?
    i'll be moving in on the 28th, just 3 days before class starts lol

as far as my system goes, i'm a 360 player
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    so we gonna set up some times to play? i would suggest my place but i live in the dorms. not a very spacious area...
    Yeah, we need to set up a time to play. i'm free tonight after 7:30 I believe (have a meeting for work) but I'm good tonight.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    we need like a weekly scheduled time and place...any volunteers? also ive been going to arcade UFO in austin the past few weekends. arcade sf4 cabinets are the shiz. so if anyone wants to carpool, we could start setting that up as well.

btw, hit me up online. im itchin to play some new folks

PSN: Trav-Dav
    I totally agree with the weekly scheduled time and place. I'm fine with having it at my place.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    yeah i agree that a scheduled time and place for SFIV play would definitely be a good idea. also, it looks like there's a lot of PS3 players in this thread, i'm not sure if me being a 360 player would be a problem? (i have two 360 sticks, but no PS3 ones)
    --Don't Get Cocky--
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I'm a 360 player too (gamertag is FRC Shoryuken, add me :cool:). I may not have a spare tv to bring over for much longer. We're trying to free up some space in the house, so we put up a buncha crap on craigslist today.

My work sched is super-erratic, so I'll try to make it to whatever regularly scheduled time you guys wanna set up.
    I know for myself, probably a weekday evening would be best, considering my weekends are going to be pretty much all taken up this semester. Monday through Thursday evenings would be best for myself.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    For me, I'd have to say Wednesday evenings would probably work best, though Tuesday and Thursday might work. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I wouldn't be able to make it until pretty late though, like 9:00 or so.
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    im cool with wednesdays. Andjita its ur place, so whatever you set up people will come
    This Wednesday we should try it. What time on Wednesday? Anytime after 6 would be good
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    soo, 7? is everyone good with wednesday at 7?
    ya that should work for me, where we meeting at?
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    andjita's place. who all is coming.

does anyone know any of the other people that have posted in this thread that are no longer posting? if you do, see if they are coming or not. we gotta have the turnout more than like 3 people lol.

also, anyone interested in arcade UFO. i also here that there is a sf4 cabinet in houston. if your down lemme know.
    cool, well i should be able to make it. two questions, how do i go about finding andjita's place and is there anything i need to bring? (sticks, game, etc.)
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    Andjita, if you wouldnt mind could you either pm, or just post your address to all that is interested. My number is 210-833-6176 for anyone who wants it. just text me and let me know your from the forums if you need anything.

once we figure out the number of setups we are going to have we can start seeing who is going to bring what system and games. i would recommend bringing your own sticks because its what your used to. mine is modded so it wont matter what system im on. but obviously whoever has sticks for a specific system, they will get priority on that system. and hopefully no one will mind sharing and we can just leave the sticks while people rotate
    Alright, well, some change of plans. one of my professors just told me that I have to attend a training session in order to learn how to use the lab materials for the class this evening, and it sounds like it will last awhile. I'm still down with playing tonight, but it won't be until late, at least 9:30 i'd say.

I believe that Fenix and I were going to try to play on Thursday, not sure when though. I'll let you guys know when (or even if) we do play on Thursday. Whenever we do come over and get together, i'd say bring at least another game system, whether it be a 360 or PS3, along with another TV if possible.

Feel free to text me or call me: 979-235-7124. My address is as follows:
    1201 Harvey Rd Apt 27
    College Station, Texas 77840

Like I said, i'll be in 'training' until god knows when this evening, tho i'll be checking the thread when i can today. Although before you come over, make sure and at least text me so I can tell you if i'm there or not, lol.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    lol andjita are you talking about the MatLab Help Session by chance? Yeah, it's looking like I'll have to attend that to learn how to use the lab at 7:00.
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    Matlab is so retarded. didnt help me learn s#!+
    Nah it's not Matlab (although MatLab is quite retarded). would you guys be interested in later this evening? Fenix will probably come over tomorrow around 5:30 or so as well.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    yeah, i think i'd be interested in getting some matches in later this evening, i don't have to wake up early tomorrow so it's no problem with me. anyone else interested? i'm curious to see what the turnout might look like.
    --Don't Get Cocky--
    Fenix just told me he'd try to make it late tonight but depends on some other factors.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    yeah im down for later tonight. just gimmie a time
    uhhh. so guess I've been MIA because of work and school. Time stamp is messed up on this board so we meeting again Thurs? Had work till 11 tonight.

Taking a MatLab programming course for CVEN should be FUUUNNN fml.
    Yeah, stuff is starting at my place around 5:30 I believe. I'll check the thread but fenix will be there from 5:30 on for a time, AMP starting around 7 I believe he said, and trav said he'd make it at some point too (or at least try). You're welcome to come starting around 5:30 and later, just let me know via text or phone call when you're heading(though I'll be checking the thread throughout the day)

I've posted my address up it's pretty easy to get to. Call if you need any help. One thong about my place is vistors have to park in uncovered spaces or risked being towed (and my experience with this town they will tow you lol)
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    good times tonight guys.. good to meet everyone, it was really fun. Any Akuma mirrors go on that night?
    After you guys left, Aaron, Ryan and I played a good amount of Akuma vs. Akuma, lol. GG guys and glad to put some faces (and actual names) to handles. Definitely, definitely have to set something up on a weekly basis.
    Dear Rome,

What's a DHC?

Signed, Team Scrub
    sorry, couldnt make it last night. had a bit more homework than planned
    btw, anyone down for acrade UFO or Planet zero this weekend?
    work this weekend, sorry man.
    just thought i'd chime in and say that getting together and having some matches last thursday was really fun. i totallly agree that we need to do it weekly or something similar. also, i'd be open to host it at my house, it's no problem with me. i got a 32'' tv (i think it's 32''), and a HRAP EX and TE Sticky for my 360, so the hardware should be covered.
    --Don't Get Cocky--