Oregon Roster & Discussion (info on the 1st page)

Comments

• YangsingYangsing -> Joined: Posts: 541
    take me off...i dont want you scrubs talking to me on xbox live when i'm playing dynasty warriors
  • G_EffectG_Effect Woodland's #1 Player Joined: Posts: 453

Here is my flight info:

Southwest Airlines

Thursday, July 28, 2011
    Depart Portland, OR (PDX) 10:10 AM
    Arrive in Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 12:20 PM

Monday, August 1, 2011
    Depart Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 1:30 PM
    Stops in Oakland, CA
    Arrive in Portland, OR (PDX) 5:00 PM

We also have room for 1 more person in our room. We have 3 total. If you are interested let me know. You don't have to be fro PDX this is up for Seattle as well.
    Homepage: BestBout.com

Facebook: Facebook.com/BestBoutGaming

Stream: Justin.tv//BestBout
  • PlaceboOhNoPlaceboOhNo Joined: Posts: 4
    Handle: PlaceboOhNo
    name: Zach
    XBL info: PlaceboOhNo
    Steam: PlaceboOhNo
    Competitive: SSF4AE
    casual: SC2, MvC3, GGXX, ITG2
    can I kick it? Yes, you can.
    Salty level: Wendy's fries.

I've played fighting games uber casually for a decade or so (3rd strike, MvC2, DoA2HC mostly). I was always an arcade kiddy but more for bemani than anything else. I'm lookin' to connect with the Oregon community so add me on XBL; I'll be trying to make it up to Portland for some of the meet-ups.
  • GoatrixGoatrix NSFW Joined: Posts: 824
    Handle: Goatrix
    Name: Carlman
    XBL: Goatrix
    Competitive: MvC3
    Casual: 3S:OE, MK, T6, SSF4AE

Unfortunately Ontario is nowhere near most of you (it's a six hour drive to Portland for me), but I am looking to move closer to the Portland area, it looks like Oregon's scene is really starting to grow.
    This will always be a world of dictators.
  • slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    ATTN EVERYONE! Northwest Majors 3 is officially 100% set in stone for Nov 11-13. Hotel Registration is live bit.ly/pxthwO
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
  • madeincamadeinca i'd taunt you. Joined: Posts: 397
    yo srk, im traveling through, i play marvel and sf.
    who ever wants some good matches inbox me or whats your number.

im dying of bordem here in oregon ffs
    weed >/= we. i'll never stop smokin weed. its necessary for high level operation.
  • G_EffectG_Effect Woodland's #1 Player Joined: Posts: 453
    Homepage: BestBout.com

Facebook: Facebook.com/BestBoutGaming

Stream: Justin.tv//BestBout
    If you guys were still interested in registering and going to NWM, only 4 days left until the registration prices increase to $25! http://northwestmajors.com/register
  • DintraoDintrao Majora's Wrath Joined: Posts: 292
    Handle: Dintrao
    Name: Ryan
    XBL info: CrimsonYukikaze
    Competitive: Marvel 3 at the moment, KOF if the netcode is any good
    Casual: Pretty much everything
    Can I kick it? Occasionally, gas money is a bitch.
    72 Hours Remain.
  • Tom Goes to the MaTom Goes to the Ma g Joined: Posts: 427
    Tom goes to the ma
    Jeff
    right near the movie theater on 185th
    I don't have any current gen consoles anymore
    GGPO info: emergency alert system
    no chatting device
    other contact: through srk
    Competitive: melty blood
    casual: pretty much any other game. i'm not incredibly casual, but i do know how to play the game on a decent level, i just don't give a fuck about winning.
    can I kick it? no
  • BebopedBeboped Joined: Posts: 19
    Handle: Beboped
    Name: Brian
    PSN: Beboped1
    Competitve: SF4
    Casual: Some SC4, not much else
    Kick it? Yes, please.

Is there anyone else in the Corvallis, Albany area who is interested in getting together maybe once a week and playing for a few hours? I have one friend I play with weekly, but I'm looking for more people in the area, maybe try to get a real local scene going at least during the school year. I'm really bad (200-400pp on PSN), and I'm looking to get better, but I find online ranked to be mildly soul crushing.
  • R_PandaR_Panda Battle is Bliss Joined: Posts: 1,085
    My handle for SNKplaymore games is now SNKcrymore.
    I have suplexed a deer, your argument is invalid.

lolbracket4
  • AngelicAngelic Chaos Dimension Joined: Posts: 835
    Hey guys, Angelic here posting that I will be in OR once again!
    Bahn Yuki showed me a super great time with some old school CvS2 last time I was here! but this time around I definitely want to play Oregon's best at Marvel and AE.

Let me know any events going on from 22nd till the 2nd of January and I will try to make one or two of them in between family gatherings!
    Twitter: @AZAngelic
    Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
    Firebrand/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath
  • pdx_jivepdx_jive Joined: Posts: 536
    Hey guys, Angelic here posting that I will be in OR once again!
    Bahn Yuki showed me a super great time with some old school CvS2 last time I was here! but this time around I definitely want to play Oregon's best at Marvel and AE.

Let me know any events going on from 22nd till the 2nd of January and I will try to make one or two of them in between family gatherings!
    Heya, if you are looking to play the best in Oregon you should make it out to Best Bout Gaming Tuesday night in Portland. The next one we are going to have will be on 12/27/11, starting about 7pm. Not sure what part of Oregon you will be in, but if it is near Portland definitely check us out : )
    pronounce the Jive like you'd do Jose...so PDX Yive
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,627
    I may want to come up for BB, That's run on XBox right? I'll talk to Amir see if he wants to go.

Angelic, you're from AZ? Where in OR are you staying?
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    I'm staying in McMinnville with my parents but I have a car to drive if I needed to.
    I'll try to make it out to the events on that Best Bout Gaming page, as family allows.

Yes, I am from Arizona.
    Also, I see X-factor fridays, is this going on tonight?
  • Kwyjibo123Kwyjibo123 Stuttering Cody Joined: Posts: 300
    No. Havent been open fridays for a while
    I kick so much ass you'll probably go blind
    OK, well the website does say X-Factor Friday on Dec 30th, and the SRK front page as well.
    Heads up to fix it! I plan on being there tuesday, hope to bring my A game though I haven't really played since SCR.
    Best Bout really needs to take off parts of their schedule on SRK, if you look at Live Streams/Events BBG is always listed as happening on Fridays. It's nice frontpage advertising but it doesn't happen on Friday..

Anyway played this guy from Eugene at Darwin's yesterday, pretty good at KOF and then I was told he was holding back haha. The guy that came up for the KoF11 tournies. He'll be in town Tuesday and will hopefully stop by Best Bout, if you want to play the best in KoF, apparently it's this guy, so come out this Tuesday.

Yeah I forgot his name wanna fight about it

lolbracket4
  • samBsamB TRINGLE FFENS? Joined: Posts: 1,059
    I heard the mexicans ran train on you yesterday bro....
    YOU ARE A Peasant
  • YangsingYangsing -> Joined: Posts: 541
    mexicans are born with kof in their blood
  • Bahn YukiBahn Yuki Joined: Posts: 128
    Yeah those mexicans are amazing. My half-Salvadorian blood couldn't compete. Anyway we're trying to get a weekly thing going on in Salem as Salem is right between Eugene and Portland. Hit me up if you plan on coming down.
    Gather peeps up and make it to Best Bout on Tuesdays.
    Unfortunately I can't leave Salem "area" at all for a couple of months. I can't even make it to the tournaments on Saturdays due my schedule. Anyway Friday night we're having a gathering, you're all welcome to come.
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Unfortunately I can't leave Salem "area" at all for a couple of months. I can't even make it to the tournaments on Saturdays due my schedule. Anyway Friday night we're having a gathering, you're all welcome to come.

awesome. yeah Amir/EBlaze has been going up to those, and I've wanted to go, but either I have other plans, or just figure my KOF knowledge isn't anywhere close to y'alls.

I do wanna learn it eventually. Gotta run team psycho power.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Um we play other games aside from KOF, but yeah KOF is the main title. But other Salem dudes kick it with other games as well. Hell I'm 32 so my main game isn't even current, but we're all trying to get the KOF XIII down.
  • Arch4ngelArch4ngel Masterless Student Joined: Posts: 21
    Handle: Arch4ngel
    Name: Daniel
    XBL info: Mighty Keiichi
    AIM: LordTron XVI
    Competitive: SSF4AE (working up to, anyway ^^;)
    casual: Soul Calibur II, Samurai Shodown II

Breathing life into the Corvallis FGC! Let's play some games!
    This man has sick gatherings, having been to one last year.
    Everybody should go! ;)
    A lot of angels in Oregon...

lolbracket4
  • jamashawalkerjamashawalker Taunt Button! Joined: Posts: 8
    Handle: Jamashawalker
    Name: TJ
    PSN: jamashawalkerr
    Competitve: UMvC3
    Casual: Soul Cal, SF4, Tekken
    Kick it? Yes, please.

Hey tryin to bring some life into Oregon starting with corvallis. Just recently found the FGC here and met with some really good players. Met with Arch4ngel and a couple of other people. My main goal hopefully is to get people(like me) involved in the FGC who are really into gaming, but unaware that there is one here. The other day I found some really good competition in Marvel and they had no idea of others in the FGC. Also before I graduate I would like to possibly run a tournament at OSU. We do have our LAN tournaments here with the side tourneys of some fighting games, but it would be nicer to have one that focuses mainly on fighting games. If we can get a large number of people not only from OSU but from Salem, Eugene, Portland or from anywhere in OR that would be amazing! It would really nice if we got together with people at U of O and some of us got together with a little competition! We do have gatherings if anyone wants to know about them message me. Lets bring Oregon to life in the FGC!!
  • Postalboy85Postalboy85 Tobin Joined: Posts: 7
    So we play games up here in salem. KOFXIII is the primary game as of right now, but we have some folks that play marvel, sf4, tekken, and the new sfxt. I may be down to come play some games down there sometime. Do you have regular get-togethers? I graduated from OSU a while back and I know the town pretty well. Hit me up.

Handle: Jamashawalker
    Name: TJ
    PSN: jamashawalkerr
    Competitve: UMvC3
    Casual: Soul Cal, SF4, Tekken
    Kick it? Yes, please.

Hey tryin to bring some life into Oregon starting with corvallis. Just recently found the FGC here and met with some really good players. Met with Arch4ngel and a couple of other people. My main goal hopefully is to get people(like me) involved in the FGC who are really into gaming, but unaware that there is one here. The other day I found some really good competition in Marvel and they had no idea of others in the FGC. Also before I graduate I would like to possibly run a tournament at OSU. We do have our LAN tournaments here with the side tourneys of some fighting games, but it would be nicer to have one that focuses mainly on fighting games. If we can get a large number of people not only from OSU but from Salem, Eugene, Portland or from anywhere in OR that would be amazing! We do have gatherings if anyone wants to know about them message me. Lets bring Oregon to life in the FGC!!
    Juri, Cammy, Ryu

Kyo, Benimaru, Yuri
    Yeah we meet up in 4th floor of Stag on Thursdays from 11-2. Look up on this website School of hardknocks OSU. We play SF4, SFxT and Marvel. And we are always welcome to having different games
    A lot of angels in Oregon...
    I have no idea what you're talking about. >.>
    So we play games up here in salem. KOFXIII is the primary game as of right now, but we have some folks that play marvel, sf4, tekken, and the new sfxt. I may be down to come play some games down there sometime. Do you have regular get-togethers? I graduated from OSU a while back and I know the town pretty well. Hit me up.
    I'm fiddling with both KoFXIII and SFxT, and really liking both of them, but the common game thus far is AE2012. Beboped(see above) and I have kind of been the driving force as far as organization goes for the scene we DO have in Corvallis, and we don't personally care for Mahvel, but it seems like TJ has linked together a few interested parties, so it might become a thing as well.

Our get-togethers are Tuesday nights (more competitive play, 2 stations generally with one running AE2012 and the other whatever game we're experimenting with this week) at Beboped's house (hit him up for directions, they're not publicly posted anywhere) and Thursdays 11am-2pm (more of a teaching environment, but SEVERAL stations - we've been most limited thus far by the number of fightsticks people bring) in the OSU Gaming lab on the 4th floor of the StAg building. See the "OSU School of Hard Knocks" thread for more details.
  • EdgeKunEdgeKun Two-Tailed Fox Joined: Posts: 158
    Saw that Best Bout was interested in getting some more air-dashy fighters on their roster. (G.Gear, BlazBlue, or Melty. Probably Skullgirls on release, too) Has there been any progress or enough interest to get such events going?

In the meantime, we've (air-dash fighting kiddies =P ) started meeting at Hellsap's place on Thursdays to play GG/BB/KoF13. If anyone in the PDX area is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll fill you in on details.
    Two Tailed Fox > Hedgehog
    You can use the term "Anime fighter", it's cool. ~_^

We'll probably have some Skullgirls going on in Corvallis too, when it drops. Beboped is so hype for it he can hardly contain himself. We have a BB/Melty fan, but he hasn't managed to convince the rest of us to spend the $40 yet. Much like I haven't convinced others to spend the $40 for KoF13 or SFxT.

College students...we're poor.
    Man, I definitely hear you on that one. I think in a strange roundabout way, I was fortunate that the 2008 fighter boom didn't happen till right as I was graduating. I wouldn't have been able to afford all those shiny new games as they were coming out. D: Fortunately G.Gear and Melty were more than enough for my group of friends and I. (Though looking back, it's unfortunate I didn't have an appreciation of 3S back then. What I'd give to play that now with dorm-level availability of opponents.)

Also, just realized this list is more than a bit out of date for me. Could someone update my location to Beaverton/Hillsboro? In addition, if I could get my casual entry there updated to include KoF13, Melty Blood, and Vampire Savior (though i'd love to play it on a competitive level) I would probably be set.
    We're poor and with limited transportation :/
  • BebopedBeboped Joined: Posts: 19
    I wanted to say, absolutely, anyone interested in coming by Tuesday nights should message me for my address. We've been able to sustain 3-5 people a night for the last couple months, but our total group is around 10 now. If we keep growing, we can even get some local tournaments set up to try to push the skill levels even higher. I know there's more people out there in Corvallis/Albany/Lebanon who want to get better at Street Fighter or Marvel or Blazblu or KoF.

Also, there will be an attempt at a Skullgirls scene once it comes out. It'll be cheaper than a retail purchase, and I am so freaking hype I'm ready to explode.
  • DragardDragard Ghoul Joined: Posts: 17
    Handle: Dragard
    name: Braulio
    PSN: xDragardx
    Competitive: Ultimate Marvel
    Casual: Nothing at the moment really. Marvel's all I got for now, although I did play some SSFIV before. I'm going to get KoFXIII (I'm Mexican), Persona 4 Arena, Skull Girls, and SFxT once I finally get a job though.
    Can I kick it?: Over PSN, sure. Otherwise, I'd have to know a few days ahead of time. Salem is about a half hour away, and Portland is about 1 hour. Shouldn't be to much of a problem.
    P4A: Akihiko
    UMVC3: Zero(a) / Viper(b) / Doom(b)
    SFxTK: Juri / Lili
    It's not my money that's valuable and limited but my time. I only have so much time to practice different games, and practicing games I don't like that much anyway is a waste of time. I'm going to continue learning GG and VF5 in anticipation for the summer releases, and KoF and Skullgirls if people end up really playing those games, but everything else isn't fun enough to care for. In fact, I'd like to update my own info in this thread.

R_Panda
    Name: Panda
    XBL: R Panda
    PSN: Likely_A_Panda
    Competitive: 3S, VF5, GG
    Casual: Tekken 6, Vanguard Princess, Battle Fantasia, Arcana Heart 3, Soul Caliber 5, KoF13, SF4, MSHvSF, BlazBlue, NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Pocket Fighter, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, Fighting Vipers, Garou, Virtual On
    I do not play MvC2/3, ST, HDR or MK.
    Can I kick it? Yep. Often at Best Bout.

Btw, the Tilt information is a little out of date.
    Lloyd Center's Tilt - 3s, CvS2, KoF '03, MvC1, MvC2, T5 DR, T6vanilla, VF4, SC2
    No SF4 anymore.

lolbracket4
    Panda, you going to be at Mark's place tonight? :O I'll be bringing my Cthulhu powered sticks, so we'll have two sticks for Gear~
    Hey we created a FB group for the mid willamette scene. Be sure to check us out for events we will be having in the spring and get togethers. We'll stay updated on this website as well. Our plan is to have monthly tournaments and weekly brawls. It is not limited to only people living in Albany corvallis so dont be shy to join =)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/351009688275148/
    Northwest Majors 4 Thread going!

HERE!!
  • KyehlarKyehlar Purrrfect Joined: Posts: 122
    Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere, but the Tilt arcade in Medford, OR. is gone. Has been for some time. Not that it was much of an arcade anymore in it's last days. Now there's nowhere left around here unless you can find a cabinet at a local pizza parlor.
    "Never quit. Never let them see you're afraid. Never let them see you're hurt. Never let them see you cry. Never."
    SFV - Cammy/Ken/Juri USF4 - Cammy/Decapre/Sakura MKX - Mileena
    DOA5U - Ayane/Helena/Christie KOFXIII - King/Yuri/Mai/Kim SCV - Mitsurugi Style
    UMvC3 - Felicia/Tron/Jill/Tricia/Dante GG - Baiken/Millia/Jam Persona 4 - Marie/Yukiko/Margaret
    Skullgirls - Eliza/Cerebella/Valentine Divekick - Kung Pao Killer Instinct - Orchid
    twitch.tv/kyehlar Avatar Image by svoidist
  • Thunder Forc e222Thunder Forc e222 Joined: Posts: 18
    Couldn't find it mentioned anywhere, but the Tilt arcade in Medford, OR. is gone. Has been for some time. Not that it was much of an arcade anymore in it's last days. Now there's nowhere left around here unless you can find a cabinet at a local pizza parlor.
    So is the one in Albany...it wasn't much either...but it was home from 90-11
    AREA GUARD NAME: Deep Purple -Sub Name- ~"I Fought The Messenger Of The New God There!" -MAJ. Wolf -REDEEMER- Brandish (KNIGHT 2) ..Jr.Flight Off. Of "KNIGHTS" FLIGHT, the Special C.D. (Circulate Death) Squad Of The "222nd TACTICAL R.V.R. Fighter Wing" CODENAME: Thunder Force.
    mexicans are born with kof in their blood
    It's SOOOOOO TRUE!!! Mexicans LOVE KOF...THEY LOVE IT!!! It's what they do!!
    AREA GUARD NAME: Deep Purple -Sub Name- ~"I Fought The Messenger Of The New God There!" -MAJ. Wolf -REDEEMER- Brandish (KNIGHT 2) ..Jr.Flight Off. Of "KNIGHTS" FLIGHT, the Special C.D. (Circulate Death) Squad Of The "222nd TACTICAL R.V.R. Fighter Wing" CODENAME: Thunder Force.
    Thunder Force222
    Name: Thunder Force
    Location: Albany, mainly..but I'll claim the whole Willamette Valley, since I move around.
    XBL:Don't have one.
    PSN: ThunderForceGod
    Competitive: All Vs. Series, Guilty Gears, Vampire Series, Super Turbo 3rd Strike CvS2
    Casual:KOF13, SFIV SF Alpha Series, Blazeblue, Rage Of The Dragons, World Heroes Series, Rival Schools, Pocket Fighter, Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword, Virtual-On, Windjammers, Super Dodgeball, MK1-2-3, Killer Instinct 1-2 Alien Vs. Predator (CPS2)..AND SHMUPS...SHMUPS SHMUPS SHMUPS!!!!
    There really isn't much I haven't played. I've been playing since 1992...20 years.
    Can I kick it? Kinda, my Acura was stolen last year, but I get around the state pretty good.
  • junitZjunitZ PR Guy Player Joined: Posts: 82
    Handle: junitZ
    name: Luis
    XBL info: junitZz
    GFWL info: n/a
    PSN info: juniiitZ
    GGPO info: n/a
    AIM: junitZ78
    other contact: msn: shousha_lover@hotmail.com
    Competitive: any SF game, except for 3D (shivers), any MK, Soulcalibur (up until 4), MvsC1 & 2, all Killer Instinct
    casual: any other....
    can I kick it? I'd like to think I can kick it.... I'm an old school fighter, but I was quite good in my prime.
    Hopefully I will kick it even more when I move to OR... practice makes perfect!

update: i managed to land a good job in Portland, so... yeah, I just moved in! now I'm looking for good places to bout from Sunday to Tuesday (my days off for the time being) - let me know if you know any, besides Best Bout. thx!
    Close this world.... Open the next!
  • RonnicleRonnicle You are beneath me Joined: Posts: 899
    :coffee:
    "yo is it sad that i felt good after a set with my boy ronnicle (playin' sagat) and he won 54-17 lol"
    youtube.com/user/sparkthisblunt