Oregon Roster & Discussion (info on the 1st page)

1202122232426»

Comments

• FirebrandFirebrand Joined: Posts: 222
    Hey, Oregon. Just a dropping a friendly line about this new regional. www.saltfest.org
    Utah Fight Circuit (Video Game tournaments in Utah) event organizer.
    www.utahfightcircuit.com our twitter: http://twitter.com/Fight_Circuit
    Utah players official stream channel:
    www.twitch.tv/hadoukenmd#r=-rid-&s=em and www.twitch.tv/fightcircuitnetwork
  • slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    Sounds like fun...unfortunately its the same weekend as NWM :(
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
  • TakTikTakTik Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys. New member here.

I started getting into fighting games during EVO 2011. Since then I've mainly been a stream monster. Only watched, never played. But, about a month ago I finally picked up UMvC3, and just yesterday I got my first stick. So, I'm still pretty crappy, but looking to level up once I get my team down, and I was wondering what are some of the best places near Salem for FG gatherings? I got a car, so even if it's like an hour or away, it's cool.

Handle: TakTik
    Name: Zefe
    PSN info: TakTik503
    Other contact: Ask me.
    Competitive: None yet.
    Casual: UMvC3(trying to get better at it to go competitive), and Persona 4 Arena. I plan to get AE, but not till I have UMvC3 down.
    Can I kick it?: I'm able to kick it when I don't have school or work. Only thing is that I still suck really bad. Like, newbie level bad.
  • Arch4ngelArch4ngel Masterless Student Joined: Posts: 21
    TakTik... I don't know how to break it to you, but you live in KoF13 territory.

The Salem crew includes some of the top KoF players in the region, but most of them really don't think much of the rest of the "current" fighting games around.

I suggest you check out the facebooks, there's a Willamette Valley FGC group that'll hook you into the community. Also, there's a monday night thing in Corvallis every week that you're welcome to attend. The particulars should be in the aforementioned group, or you can drop Beboped a pm and he can give you directions to his place.
  • TakTikTakTik Joined: Posts: 2
    Hmm.. I am Hispanic. Maybe I should pick up KOF. Lol. But, seriously, thanks for the info. Found a couple of those facebook groups, and I also found out about Best Bout which sounds pretty cool. I probably won't be going till I at least have my combos down, but good to know. Thanks again.
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860
    I'll play umvc3 against you online on PSN
    PSN is FMRoss Im not on too often but if Im not trying to get down some silly combo I'll get in games with you
    <<>>
  • KamikazeJDKamikazeJD Wat it do!? Joined: Posts: 98
    Hey guys, I just moved up to Oregon about 2 months ago for school from Cali. I cant find any gamers out here. I live in Mcminnville.. I used to be big into MK until MLG Anaheim, I lost a little bit of hope and dropped the game. I'm back now though, I wangt to get back into the competitive look of gaming. Im looking into injustice, I have ttt2 and enjoy it, though I haven't played in awhile. I just want to get ready for EVO guys, I'm looking for some help
  • Hyphen-atedHyphen-ated Joined: Posts: 39
    Hey, any Portlanders planning on going to Northwest Majors who I might be able to get a ride with? I gotta go win at ST!
  • CesarCesar Book of West side Joined: Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sup people just wanted to let everyone know in about a month I'm going to be making the move to Eugene, OR and was hoping if there's a get together of some sort that plays just about anything really I can play just about everything-ish. After everything settles down after the move I'm down to play pretty much whenever =D

I also made a post in the shoryuken league on facebook
    Sir Charles Chaplin - Limelight....the awesome Calvero!
  • KyehlarKyehlar Purrrfect Joined: Posts: 122
    We really need something down in Southern Oregon for the #FGC to work towards.
    "Never quit. Never let them see you're afraid. Never let them see you're hurt. Never let them see you cry. Never."
    SFV - Cammy/Ken/Juri USF4 - Cammy/Decapre/Sakura MKX - Mileena
    DOA5U - Ayane/Helena/Christie KOFXIII - King/Yuri/Mai/Kim SCV - Mitsurugi Style
    UMvC3 - Felicia/Tron/Jill/Tricia/Dante GG - Baiken/Millia/Jam Persona 4 - Marie/Yukiko/Margaret
    Skullgirls - Eliza/Cerebella/Valentine Divekick - Kung Pao Killer Instinct - Orchid
    twitch.tv/kyehlar Avatar Image by svoidist
  • iyohanxiyohanx Joined: Posts: 1
    Is anybody in the Portland area planning on playing Killer Instinct? It would be great to know there was some type of offline player base for that game in this town.

Also, where do people in Portland play casuals now that Best Bout is closed? I'd love to know.
  • nano5896nano5896 BlightedAgent Joined: Posts: 282
    Cesar wrote: »
    Sup people just wanted to let everyone know in about a month I'm going to be making the move to Eugene, OR and was hoping if there's a get together of some sort that plays just about anything really I can play just about everything-ish. After everything settles down after the move I'm down to play pretty much whenever =D

I also made a post in the shoryuken league on facebook

I will be moving to UO this fall and be trying to go to the Shoryuken League to play matches.
  • KyehlarKyehlar Purrrfect Joined: Posts: 122
    Does anyone know of a Southern Oregon FGC? I'm sure I've probably asked about it before, but I'm really interested in establishing myself in a local community.
    "Never quit. Never let them see you're afraid. Never let them see you're hurt. Never let them see you cry. Never."
    SFV - Cammy/Ken/Juri USF4 - Cammy/Decapre/Sakura MKX - Mileena
    DOA5U - Ayane/Helena/Christie KOFXIII - King/Yuri/Mai/Kim SCV - Mitsurugi Style
    UMvC3 - Felicia/Tron/Jill/Tricia/Dante GG - Baiken/Millia/Jam Persona 4 - Marie/Yukiko/Margaret
    Skullgirls - Eliza/Cerebella/Valentine Divekick - Kung Pao Killer Instinct - Orchid
    twitch.tv/kyehlar Avatar Image by svoidist
  • Spiral0ArchitectSpiral0Architect Joined: Posts: 603
    edited November 2013
    Thread looks a little dead, but does anyone live in the Oregon City area? I've only been gaming with a close-knit group, and I kind of Plateau'd in progress once I got to their level (they had been playing longer than I had.) I've been down to the local arcade, but they didn't seem to have much in the way of players, so I'm wondering if there are any out here! lol

I try to get out to Portland when I can, but not having access to a vehicle means a couple hours on a bus both ways. :\

I mostly play AE and SFxT, but I'm really down to learn anything.
    USFIV: Yun, Vega, Bison :: SFxT: Bison/Chun-Li :: UMvC3: Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye :: TTT2: Dragunov/Leo
  • DarthPariahDarthPariah It depends on what your definition of "GOOD" is. Joined: Posts: 97
    I'm in the OC. If you play sfxt hit me up.
  • Spiral0ArchitectSpiral0Architect Joined: Posts: 603
    Yeah, I love SFxT, but I never found an opportunity to play it offline. Whereabouts do you live?
    USFIV: Yun, Vega, Bison :: SFxT: Bison/Chun-Li :: UMvC3: Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye :: TTT2: Dragunov/Leo
  • MetalxHealthxMetalxHealthx Joined: Posts: 1,109
    edited November 2013
    yeah there does not seem to be much activity on SRK lately, I used to live in Portland and maintained this thread but have since moved. We made the "Team Portland" account available to a few community oriented people but I'm not sure if anyone has updated it in awhile.

In truth this thread existed before me in a very similar layout I just remade it and updated its information because the OP had moved and was not as active in the NW forums, I tried to remedy that situation by making an account that could be handed down and used by others. So to anyone who likes this thread and wants to help Oregon's SRK presence, you could easily be part of making it better if that interested you
    SF4: Gen, Dudley, Adon
    KoF13: Billy, Clark, Kim, Ryo, Terry
    VF5: Brad, Jacky, Lau
  • Master_BelmontMaster_Belmont Joined: Posts: 11
    Just discovered this thread. Sad it's been a year since anyone's posted in it, but I think I'll revive it. I live in West Linn and am looking for a group of people who are interested in fighting games like myself, since I want to be part of a scene. Anyone live in or around the West Linn area? If not, I can travel a little ways to reach people who are in a neighboring city (Lake Oswego, Wilsonville, Tualatin, Tigard, Portland, etc). Hope to hear back from someone.
  • dirty boxerdirty boxer Joined: Posts: 168
    Im in grants pass only play usf4 tho
  • YugoYugo Nigga Joined: Posts: 162
    Just discovered this thread. Sad it's been a year since anyone's posted in it, but I think I'll revive it. I live in West Linn and am looking for a group of people who are interested in fighting games like myself, since I want to be part of a scene. Anyone live in or around the West Linn area? If not, I can travel a little ways to reach people who are in a neighboring city (Lake Oswego, Wilsonville, Tualatin, Tigard, Portland, etc). Hope to hear back from someone.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/271554823019958/