Oregon Roster & Discussion (info on the 1st page)

Comments

• Bahn YukiBahn Yuki Joined: Posts: 128
    to be honest the 170" isn't that big of a deal for fighters since it's still a side view of the action. It's pretty impressive for FPS or racing games(and of course movies). You're completely engrossed in it all.

Sure thing man, bring whatever you have, don't worry about consoles I have them all. As for the games, we can play them all. Kizuna Encounter, Ninja Masters, Breakers Revenge.

And yes even Twinkle Star Sprites. Don't let me bust out that game...
  • PoetPoet Perplexed Joined: Posts: 46
    Had to youtube that Twinkle Star game. Why do I see myself getting hella hype over that game? haha.
    That game is crack. It's a VS. shooter. You have to try it to believe it.

• Waste of FleshWaste of Flesh Dimension of Chaos Joined: Posts: 118
    Handle: Waste of Flesh
    name: Cody
    XBL info: Used Meathook
    PSN info: Used_Meathook
    Competitive: Blazblue Continuum Shift
    casual: SSFIV & MvC3
    can I kick it? Depends on when. I'm a full time college student with an 11mo old boy and fiance at home. Weekends work best.
    SSFIV: Crimson Viper
    Blazblue CS: Hakumen
    MvC3: Shuma, Dormammu, & Taskmaster
  • RonnicleRonnicle You are beneath me Joined: Posts: 899
    Continuum Shift
    your handle isn't that far off!

I don't know of anyone that plays that game here. the couple beaverton heads don't I am pretty sure. they are concerned with good games.
    "yo is it sad that i felt good after a set with my boy ronnicle (playin' sagat) and he won 54-17 lol"
    youtube.com/user/sparkthisblunt
  • KendrikKendrik Consider me Guilty Joined: Posts: 1,615
    your handle isn't that far off!

I don't know of anyone that plays that game here. the couple beaverton heads don't I am pretty sure. they are concerned with good games.
    I'ma punch you.

I love BlazBlue. It was a contender for my favorite series at one point. :P
    -Kenny
    PSN: KendrikTheRed | Xbox Live: Kendrik The Red | Steam: [toj.cc]Kendrik
    I have a blog, stream gaming on Twitch.TV, and can be found on Twitter, too.
  • RonnicleRonnicle You are beneath me Joined: Posts: 899
    I'ma punch you.

I love BlazBlue. It was a contender for my favorite series at one point. :P

Who are you again?
    oh wait, I don't care.
    Sorry about Hopefully Bailey, that's a 2nd SRK account that Ronnicle made to "troll" on people. though i don't know why he'd do it to a new-to-OR player
    Why? because I don't give a fuck.
    "yo is it sad that i felt good after a set with my boy ronnicle (playin' sagat) and he won 54-17 lol"
    youtube.com/user/sparkthisblunt
    Another round of battles for today. I picked up a copy of SSFIV for PS3 so now we can have battles in two separate floors. If anyone wants to come down, feel free to PM me. We're very laid back and willing to play anything, but we're trying to focus on the Evo trip in July.

BTW anyone notice how STICK friendly the PS3 is? I used some old PSX adapters from like 1999 and they work great on the PS3!
  • PoetPoet Perplexed Joined: Posts: 46
    Yall should come over if you're in town.
  • YangsingYangsing -> Joined: Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    if anyone wants to play mvc3 on xbox live...add me
  • samBsamB TRINGLE FFENS? Joined: Posts: 1,059
    ^
    Really bro??? That's sad for two reasons
    YOU ARE A Peasant
    word with friends isn't cutting it anymore
  • KendrikKendrik Consider me Guilty Joined: Posts: 1,615
    If only you were playing on the PS3.
    -Kenny
    PSN: KendrikTheRed | Xbox Live: Kendrik The Red | Steam: [toj.cc]Kendrik
    I have a blog, stream gaming on Twitch.TV, and can be found on Twitter, too.
    You should trade that bitch in and drop the game. Well that's the smart thing to do
    YOU ARE A Peasant
  • OMNEOMNE The Negrologist Joined: Posts: 1,344
    i dont know why you say retarded shit like that sam, knowing full fuckin well your gonna the game forever just like everyone else that cries like you do. stop frontin, nobody believes you
    This shit isnt even a battle anymore.... you dont even have a army...... Its sad you trying to get shine by half assing tactics real people showed you...
    So I secretly love mvc3? This game is ass & everyone knows it. I won't be playing this trash unless it's tourny

I don't need to practice this trash because it takes very little skill, sorry
    YOU ARE A Peasant
  • Taiga_KneeTaiga_Knee Facsimileclock4 Joined: Posts: 1,129
    So I secretly love mvc3? This game is ass & everyone knows it. I won't be playing this trash unless it's tourny

I don't need to practice this trash because it takes very little skill, sorry

qft
    BTW Sam, Lawrence was talkin about comin down this weekend. You should talk to him if you wanna come. I guess he plays ssf4 also.
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=91720
  • Lord BBHLord BBH EASY EASY~ Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    MvC3 is a scrubby garbage game, but at the moment it's more entertaining to me than SF4

What a sad state of affairs.
    DON'T JUMP AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • MetroxylonMetroxylon Missing link? Joined: Posts: 2,633
    MvC3 is a scrubby garbage game, but at the moment it's more entertaining to me than SF4

What a sad state of affairs.

Lol, realizing how bad MvC3 is reinvigorated my spirit to play Super. But I'm still trying to make my team work, just postponing my dedication.
    Are you clutch or crutch?
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

https://youtube.com/user/SaveReplayandQuit/videos
    Mvc3 is new and is fun atm. mvc3 maybe shitty but i have no interest going from one shitty game back to another shitty game that's been played at least a thousands of times before.
  • MetalxHealthxMetalxHealthx Joined: Posts: 1,109
    i <3 SF4

edit: wow srk is running like shit...
    SF4: Gen, Dudley, Adon
    KoF13: Billy, Clark, Kim, Ryo, Terry
    VF5: Brad, Jacky, Lau
  • R_PandaR_Panda Battle is Bliss Joined: Posts: 1,085
    Is that sarcasm, Kurt?
    I have suplexed a deer, your argument is invalid.

lolbracket4
  • MetalxHealthxMetalxHealthx Joined: Posts: 1,109
    Is that sarcasm, Kurt?

lol you wish, i just have to through around <3s when i talk about SF4.
    SF4: Gen, Dudley, Adon
    KoF13: Billy, Clark, Kim, Ryo, Terry
    VF5: Brad, Jacky, Lau
  • Hyphen-atedHyphen-ated Joined: Posts: 39
    Hi, I just moved to portland and I would like to play fighting games with people. I've been playing mainly ST on ggpo for a few years. I'll play anything else, too, but I'll probably be bad at it. I have a 360 stick that I built; I usually use it on my pc. I don't own any consoles

Handle: Hyphen-ated
    name: Sean
    GGPO info: hyphen-ated
    AIM:HyphenatedHyphen
    steam:hypern@hotmail.com
    Competitive: ST
    casual: I'm willing to play casual anything
    can I kick it? yes. my evenings and weekends are free to play video games. I can't host though
  • Yzae BYzae B FGTV Member Joined: Posts: 247
    This game is ass & everyone knows it.

Same thing for SSF4. We had this discussion last Eugene tourny lol. I just think Marvel is alot more fun to play & watch..
    Official YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/yzaeb
    What I've heard most often is how mvc3 makes people realize how good of a game ssf4 is.

The finals of marvel were tight today tho.
    Read this for those who play alot of marvel- it's funny. It's the 12 steps to quitting the addiction.
  • Yzae BYzae B FGTV Member Joined: Posts: 247
    What I've heard most often is how mvc3 makes people realize how good of a game ssf4 is.

I've seen one person say that, and it was posted in this thread, on this page.
    Official YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/yzaeb
    cool. That's more ppl then. hhahah. I heard ppl say it.

I can see what you're saying about it being entertaining. mvc3 is pretty and so far has been hype. I think ssf4 is only entertaining if y''ure watching 2 pretty good ppl and have enough knowledge about the game to see whats going on (unless UltraDavid is on the mic- he explains stuff). Other wise ssf4 might just look like ppl walking back and forth sometimes.

You can count me among those people. Kind of came to that realization within the first few days of Marvel 3. No doubt, I still want to give Marvel 3 a chance, but I appreciate the pace of SSF4 more now. Also MvC3 has crapton to learn/adapt to (part of it being the speed and inherent frailty), which keeps me from really getting into it. Y'all will see how good my team is eventually. I brought the can opener to John Henry's on Mardi Gras, though. Theo, I heard you got carded??? :wasted:

And yeah, Final Round's MvC3 WF/GF was amazing. Stay free, Marn. People don't need sentinel to win.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

• slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    And yeah, Final Round's MvC3 WF/GF was amazing. Stay free, Marn. People don't need people who can't block to win.

Fixed for truth
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
    Fixed for truth

That's actually a big reason why I don't pick sentinel. His size is such a liability when on D. It's almost like everything works on him, no matter what you do and even react to.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Yo I just watched top three for ssf4 also. That was super tight as well. Wolfkrone was impressive and entertaining and the GF's were mad hype between Tokido and PR Balrog.
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Eternally Blazed~ Joined: Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    My problem with MvC3 is that its too random for its own good, when watching a match you cant tell whats legit and whats not coz there's too much stupid shit flying around.
    still alot of fun to play/watch though so I'm sticking with it for a while.
    And yeah, Final Round's MvC3 WF/GF was amazing. Stay free, Marn. People don't need sentinel to win.

... Marn's main reason for picking Sentinel is coz drones+zero's rushdown is amazing, no assist gives zero that much space and leeway to do mixups/pressure. and also coz Sentinel is kinda broken.

I'd take watching good Sentinels over Shehulk tbh, she's like a more retarded Abel, Safe stupid good mixups all day till one of them hit and you're GG'd...
    while I do like that it gives the game a Guity Gear feel (and maybe Mvc2-ish) that way coz theyre finally some true aggro, i just dont like how its easy as shit to set up in this one opposed to the other 2 games. then again everything is easier in this game so it does make sense, i guess.
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/Piccolo/Tenshinhan; Waiting on Kefla/Caulifla]
    [Eliza | Starfire | Menat | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]

I'd take watching good Sentinels over Shehulk tbh, she's like a more retarded Abel, Safe stupid good mixups all day till one of them hit and you're GG'd...
    while I do like that it gives the game a Guity Gear feel (and maybe Mvc2-ish) that way coz theyre finally some true aggro, i just dont like how its easy as shit to set up in this one opposed to the other 2 games. then again everything is easier in this game so it does make sense, i guess.

Kind of brings up a good point. With JWong's girl team, and the Tron assist/Shulk air throw corner trap, I'm wondering if it'd be better to press a button when airborne, which could result in getting hit by Tron's flame, which would keep you safe from Shulk's throw to super/combos. I mean, if you're in the corner, then you'd still have to deal with that same crap, but it'd keep you safer for awhile.

Ultra David mentioned wanting to test that set up in training mode to see if it's truly inescapable. I imagine some characters have answers for it, if not everybody. I think JWong is kind of banking off of people's lack of experience with this new game, which is why it seems like such a dominant set up (Though Combofiend's team is way better).
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

• FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    any character with an air dash or a teleport thats invincible on the first frame should be able to escape that, I haven't tested but it should work, also can't you act immediately after teching so tech air grab air dash or whatever to avoid trap may work as well.. Its def not free its just new.
    <<>>
    My problem with MvC3 is that its too random for its own good,
    Marn's main reason for picking Sentinel is coz drones+zero's rushdown is amazing, and also coz Sentinel is broken.
    Edited.
    Uhhhhhh. I dont know about that. Sent is mo gross I think. One hit from him = gg too- pan or launch or random air hit into pan or command grab or random air throw (some ppl air throw on purpose but a lot of ppl are just trying to pan hahaha. That's ok! You can miss the pan with Sent! We'll give you the air throw! And sure, you can rocket punch off it! No problem!)
    any character with an air dash or a teleport thats invincible on the first frame should be able to escape that, I haven't tested but it should work, also can't you act immediately after teching so tech air grab air dash or whatever to avoid trap may work as well.. Its def not free its just new.

This. Combo fiend teched it and it worked fine.

He also air dashed out of the upwards super throw setup, so airdashing might work too.
    J.Wong explained the setup a few times, the flame is there so that if you get hit he can do a full combo after it, idk what it was but there was an option to punish you after you tech the throw as well, but I think the airdash will get away from it, I'll need to rewatch the older Jwong vids for that coz thats when he did all the different setups.
    Uhhhhhh. I dont know about that. Sent is mo gross I think. One hit from him = gg too- pan or launch or random air hit into pan or command grab or random air throw (some ppl air throw on purpose but a lot of ppl are just trying to pan hahaha. That's ok! You can miss the pan with Sent! We'll give you the air throw! And sure, you can rocket punch off it! No problem!)

that wasnt my point. while Sentinel is indeed retarded, keeping him out most of the time is easy coz the fucker has no mixups whatsoever, its either Pan or sweep, and the occasional command throw which is only good in the corner so thats obvious too.
    yes assists help in that aspect a bit but he's still easy to keep off if you play patiently and then punish coz almost everything he does thats M or higher is unsafe, with the safest one being -6 (i know marvel isnt about frames and all, but this to show that there is a good gap to punish him with pretty much a full combo for throwing out anything)
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~

[Mian/Ralf/Meitenkun | MonsterHunter/Jedah | Gotenks/Piccolo/Tenshinhan; Waiting on Kefla/Caulifla]
    J.Wong explained the setup a few times, the flame is there so that if you get hit he can do a full combo after it, idk what it was but there was an option to punish you after you tech the throw as well, but I think the airdash will get away from it, I'll need to rewatch the older Jwong vids for that coz thats when he did all the different setups.

that wasnt my point. while Sentinel is indeed retarded, keeping him out most of the time is easy coz the fucker has no mixups whatsoever, its either Pan or sweep, and the occasional command throw which is only good in the corner so thats obvious too.
    yes assists help in that aspect a bit but he's still easy to keep off if you play patiently and then punish coz almost everything he does thats M or higher is unsafe, with the safest one being -6 (i know marvel isnt about frames and all, but this to show that there is a good gap to punish him with pretty much a full combo for throwing out anything)

Ya I think you're right. Ppl just hit too many buttons vs him so it shouldn't be too hard to keep him out. Command throw is pretty much good everywhere though. After the throw you can tell if you need to dash forward to do the d.rocket punch.

I'm not sure what you're referring to about helpers and who you are referring to in the second paragraph but I assume sent. Can't he cancel moves though? So it's not that risky? Why are we talking about this in the Roster thread? Where is the best place to get buttons to put in a SE stick? Is it time to do homework?
    Where is the best place to get buttons to put in a SE stick? Is it time to do homework?

Theo, I may want to get buttons for my SE also, though I'm pretty sure my SE has a wiring problem. When you find a place and a time, lemme know.

And wait until the sun comes out to do your homework for you. Kind of miraculous.
    Downback saved my life.
    Stand strong, do or die.

Ya I think you're right. Ppl just hit too many buttons vs him so it shouldn't be too hard to keep him out. Command throw is pretty much good everywhere though. After the throw you can tell if you need to dash forward to do the d.rocket punch.

I'm not sure what you're referring to about helpers and who you are referring to in the second paragraph but I assume sent. Can't he cancel moves though? So it's not that risky? Why are we talking about this in the Roster thread? Where is the best place to get buttons to put in a SE stick? Is it time to do homework?

I'm pretty sure that you cant combo from the command throw if theyre not close to the corner (when they fly off, the corner wall needs to stop them otherwise theyll be too far for you to do anything)
    He can cancel moves but to what? all his specials are unsafe as hell and his fly has a few startup frames and not as mobile as say Magneto's or Phoenix's so he's still punishable after he cancels to fly, maybe a fly/unfly would make his moves safe but i havent tested that. we are talking about this in the roster thread because you opened up the MvC3 discussion...

as for the buttons thing, here:
    Welcome to Lizard Lick Amusements - American and Japanese Arcade Controls
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~