Fei Long Video Thread

Comments

• SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    :tup: Cool. thnx
  • Hotdawg_SKAHotdawg_SKA Joined: Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Wow Justin beat that Gief pretty easily....I always kinda knew that the Gief matchup wasn't that bad with Fei. It's just you gotta be REALLY patient and make sure you know your poke range.

Woo hoo! Wong wins with Fei Long! Watchaaaaa!
    I am Hotstuff!
    GOOD SHIT JUSTIN! Very nice display of Fei pressure. He could have done better at some things:

-low strong CH (he got SO many) xx jab rekka
    -hit confirming rekkas
    -fierce rekka xx jab rekka to beat fullscreen focus start-up

BUT....he made it do what it do, regardless.

low jab, low jab, overhead FTW :P (i don't think he really landed many CHs with this, but i did see him do it 2x in a row at some points)

EX CW FTW :P

it was like, Chris didn't see it coming, and then, when he possibly tried to stop it with dp, ate the hits :O

s.fierce xx shien vs s.fierce xx tenshin :(

Justin used super to go through a fb and landed the first hit, but the follow-ups were blocked. we think he used jab or strong super instead of fierce. good try though

man the chat was bumpin. nice show from the fei community! i saw a few of you guys

CHRIS HU = GDLK commentary

It's not over yet folks. I have an online tourney vs our own Nemsys_Syndrome and he will be streaming. Looks like a possible Fei mirror is about to go down. Not sure who his alt is, but you better be ready for Seth if your Rekka is Betta Nem :lovin:

sure either he or myself will post that stream link in a few guys when we start this single elimination 2 out of 3
    He used overhead and cr. HP A LOT...I didn't see him try for any Tenshin setups at all. He didn't really connect with Fei's bnb as well either. Overall, very good zoning though and pressure...kept Chris at the corner and Chris didn't know what to do.
    I am Hotstuff!
  • lolitsmelolitsme Endless Nightmare Joined: Posts: 129
    jwong just rocked the house with fei long, Fei Wong ftw
    SSFIV:M.Bison

avy by Squabbler
  • MaaZaMaaZa 198d Joined: Posts: 226
    :sad: I missed it all

does anyone know if theres going to be a chance to watch it later?
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    He used overhead and cr. HP A LOT...I didn't see him try for any Tenshin setups at all. He didn't really connect with Fei's bnb as well either. Overall, very good zoning though and pressure...kept Chris at the corner and Chris didn't know what to do.

He did connect with Fei's bnbs. He also did the rekkax2 tenshin setup on Chris Hu in a match. He played Fei very solid. :china:
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
    :u: this

---

http://www.justin.tv/nemesys_syndrome

Ok there it is. About to start this 2 out of 3, ft5 vs Nem.
  • crayzieapcrayzieap Joined: Posts: 94
    yeah. justin's fei was quite nice even though he dropped alot of combos.

basically he lost in the winner's bracket to chris hu's ryu because ryu would run back and zone and mash the FA alot. anytime justin would rekka he would crumple...

but in the finals match. basically justin adapted and rushed down with dashes and FA of his own... pressuring ryu into the corner. overall superior pressure. it was nice to see.
    never mind guys I've realised I can watch the whole thing through the archived link
    Nemesys takes it.

We both started Fei. Got to 4-3 me. After he won his 3rd, I went Seth to try and seal it. His Fei took my Seth for his 4th win. This was one of the laggiest matches, but it's all good. After Nem wins the 4th he goes Guile to seal the 5th...changing chars on win :sad:

ggs sir
  • Nemesys_SyndromeNemesys_Syndrome What the?! Where?! Joined: Posts: 2,412
    Good matches Judge. Glad we finally got matches together. And damn were they fast paced! I'm sorry for switching characters on you in the last match though. lol. Only because my alternate happens to be Guile. lol. It's not like I tried to counterpick. lol. But damn, your Fei is super solid.

But...here's the video for all you guys.

http://www.justin.tv/clip/efa7e2fdd231d390 (Part 1 of 2)
    http://www.justin.tv/clip/e964d73fc72c793c (Part 2 of 2)
  • bubblanbubblan Joined: Posts: 253
    I didn't see the JW vids and I can't find it on justin.tv or on youtube so if anybody finds those vids please post them here.

Nemesys I put your entire channel in the OP
    That's cool. Bubblan.

I hope you don't mind that there's some Guile play in there as well.
  • LorteBuddingLorteBudding Joined: Posts: 128
    Bubblan, you must go http://fr.justin.tv/fadc/archive then choose "Oct 3rd 2009", navigating the tournament thru the arrows.
    Bubblan, you must go http://fr.justin.tv/fadc/archive then choose "Oct 3rd 2009", navigating the tournament thru the arrows.

They only have about 10 minutes of gameplay in the archives unless I'm missing something
    Hmm..I'll take a look, Bubblan.

Just finished rewatching those videos and there's tons of random gameplay with Wong's Fei but nothing from his finals match. Not sure if I'd even want to create clips of the matches of the Fei vs random character matches. It's like he was playing against people with no matchup knowledge. (E.g. turtling Akuma?)
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, here's Wong against Kin Au.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,459
    They only have about 10 minutes of gameplay in the archives unless I'm missing something

you have to click the button to skip ahead to the next 10 minute section. his matches are mixed in, so you have to keep an eye out. and yeah, the opponents didnt look like they had too much of an idea what to do. but not to take anything away from jw. but like i said, very fundamentaly sound, not too many risks, and a lot of mistakes we all made when first learning fei. if he takes a couple more weeks with him tho, his fei will be top notch. saw more than a few unconfirmed three rekkas, short cw at the two hit range etc

EDIT:having watched it a few times now, he did hit confirm amazingly well from rekka 1. looks like 50/50 between visual and situational. like see his opponent walking foward into range, and hitting them before they can react. i am very impressed with his spacing, and reaction time. but thats nothing new
  • crayzieapcrayzieap Joined: Posts: 94
    Hmm..I'll take a look, Bubblan.

Just finished rewatching those videos and there's tons of random gameplay with Wong's Fei but nothing from his finals match. Not sure if I'd even want to create clips of the matches of the Fei vs random character matches. It's like he was playing against people with no matchup knowledge. (E.g. turtling Akuma?)

if you want to watch the finals match with justin wong fei and hu's ryu instead of clicking the "October 3rd" link... just click the "Watch my last broadcast" button in the player... then use the arrow key back a few time to get to the start of the finals match.

hopefully this helps since it took a while for me to figure out.
    how do you watch the nico vids?
    how do you watch the nico vids?

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html Use this and it's right under the nicovids.

Saw some of Justin Wong's vids now and I'm kinda disappointed because I was hoping too see something new. JW just played a strong, basic game which he could just do with any other character and still win.

Saw some of Justin Wong's vids now and I'm kinda disappointed because I was hoping too see something new. JW just played a strong, basic game which he could just do with any other character and still win.

lol. i told you guys thats what would happen. granted, he did just start using him. i dunno if he plans to keep using him or not tho. im sure he would be abel to come up with something after extended use. but he may have just been trying to prove he could win with anyone, and be switching it up for his next tourney
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7247CCFA9F8C865E

Added them to youtube,if you prefer that. Sorry about the quality but the original stream wasn't that good in places. I didn't re-encode them so the loss was minimal.

The matches are more a lesson in spacing and footsies, something that can be done with most characters I guess. Being new to SF, I still learned a lot.
  • AvengerAvenger Wise One Joined: Posts: 141

I know I am still a beginner and all, but in that match with ryu, it seemed he played bad. How many times did he get hit by FA? Usually I just rekaken through FA. Thanks for the upload. It was interesting watching one of the best players make some of the same mistakes I make.
    I can't believe that out of all the overheads Wong through out, he was never DP'ed even once.

Plain simple, it was just Wong showing off his ground game.
  • RyodragoonRyodragoon EAT THAT HO! Joined: Posts: 990
    The matches are more a lesson in spacing and footsies, something that can be done with most characters I guess. Being new to SF, I still learned a lot.

This. Justin knows the footsie and most of the spacing of Fei, he just needs more Experience to really rock with him. like how we wouldnt Throw an EX CW to go through fireballs even I knew were coming.

I know I am still a beginner and all, but in that match with ryu, it seemed he played bad. How many times did he get hit by FA? Usually I just rekaken through FA. Thanks for the upload. It was interesting watching one of the best players make some of the same mistakes I make.

I thought it was more down to Chris releasing the FA with perfect timing between the 1st and 2nd rekka. It was weird when Justin fell for it 3-4 times in a row though.
  • soakratessoakrates that's US, dude! Joined: Posts: 355
    I think Justin might have rekka'd the FA a little late and got crumpled for it. I usually beat it with the jab rekkas if I catch it early. Probably should test it out.
  • bgfbgf Joined: Posts: 198
    Newest one against Blanka.
    Last time I fought him, I got my assed kicked because I kept falling into his blanka ball>electricity trap.

I'd be glad if Capcom changes the Tenshin command. It keeps coming out by accident (again) lately.

PS: just got to G1-D last night after nearly six weeks playing in G1.
    current top three main:
    1 FeiLong 78.66% (4597)
    2 Dan 4.56% (267)
    3 ChunLi 4.14% (242)
    lol I've fought this guy so many times, his tactics are so basic and lame.
    Great work, pretty much dominated the match
    2 Vids of me against GeoM MODinside, an SG ranked Guile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MoD1ns1d3#play/uploads/12/cD9qt-LRvIQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/MoD1ns1d3#play/uploads/11/mQ67Ihkq7Hk

Man I played pretty bad but yay a win is a win lol...unfortunately, he was having problems with his stick though which he later told me. I was extremely nervous b/c I've played against his Guile before and he beat me pretty bad. This time, I played very safe but as a result, I missed a lot of combos and punishments and my execution wasn't on spot. I'm my own worse critic and damn whenever I watch vids of myself, I'm like, "Why did I do that?" or "How come I didn't punish that?" Ugh oh wells...I've also been playing and experimenting more with Fei's focus attack so yeah, that was the reason for all the focusing around. Anyhow just thought I'd put these vids up since there aren't many vids of Fei players...especially real nice clear vids. Big thanks to GeoMODinside for putting these up!
    I am Hotstuff!
    Ack! Vids of my Fei don't count? lol.
    2 Vids of me against GeoM MODinside, an SG ranked Guile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MoD1ns1d3#play/uploads/12/cD9qt-LRvIQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/MoD1ns1d3#play/uploads/11/mQ67Ihkq7Hk

Man I played pretty bad but yay a win is a win lol...unfortunately, he was having problems with his stick though which he later told me. I was extremely nervous b/c I've played against his Guile before and he beat me pretty bad. This time, I played very safe but as a result, I missed a lot of combos and punishments and my execution wasn't on spot. I'm my own worse critic and damn whenever I watch vids of myself, I'm like, "Why did I do that?" or "How come I didn't punish that?" Ugh oh wells...I've also been playing and experimenting more with Fei's focus attack so yeah, that was the reason for all the focusing around. Anyhow just thought I'd put these vids up since there aren't many vids of Fei players...especially real nice clear vids. Big thanks to GeoMODinside for putting these up!

gotta work on your spacing. watched both of your videos, and out of 15 possible opportunities to anti air, you didnt punnish 1. i did count 6 mashout flamekicks, however. but you'd be better off hitting him out of the air instead of blocking, and then hoping he fucked up his blockstring. you didnt pay for it too hard, but what if he jumped in purposely stopped, let you reversal then caught you with ultra.

save your mashes for when you have two bars
    OK I added these latest videos but at the moment I'm too lazy to fix the Justin Wong vids.

So hotdawg I have too slow reactions for using the mk cw and yet you didn't punish a single jumpin?
    play nice now
    gotta work on your spacing. watched both of your videos, and out of 15 possible opportunities to anti air, you didnt punnish 1. i did count 6 mashout flamekicks, however. but you'd be better off hitting him out of the air instead of blocking, and then hoping he fucked up his blockstring. you didnt pay for it too hard, but what if he jumped in purposely stopped, let you reversal then caught you with ultra.

save your mashes for when you have two bars

Yeah I was playing pretty bad...and his jump ins really surprised me b/c usually Guile doesn't jump in. Last time I remember fighting him, he turtled hardcore and I got suckered into his cat and mouse game. Now I was waiting on him to make mistakes...the bad thing is, I'm not used to doing that lol. Most people who fight me always say how relentless I am with my pressure. Regardless, the fact that he was an SG rank Guile really intimidated me. I'm just happy I won!!! You should've seen the first match though....the first round, I won by a close margin. The second round, he got a perfect on me. The third round, I was winning by a good margin but then I got suckered into chasing after him and paid for it dearly and lost. Ugh I hate it when that happens!
    I am Hotstuff!
    OK I added these latest videos but at the moment I'm too lazy to fix the Justin Wong vids.

So hotdawg I have too slow reactions for using the mk cw and yet you didn't punish a single jumpin?

No, not for using CW but knowing how to follow up after it such as dash back, flame kick FADC, jump neutral, throw, etc. Abel has only a few options when put under this pressure and most of them can be stuffed. If he rolls, you can throw him. If he dashes back, you can rekka or CW him. MK CW also crosses him up. I'm just saying that you have so many more options than him but you're telling me Abel can punish you. If you know he can punish you by making you whiff CW, then that means you already know what's coming...you can throw him out of his cr. LK or whatever normal Abel has that can make CW whiff. Or you can do LK CW and it won't whiff...or dash back or FADC flamekick or jump neutral, etc. Honestly, the mix up is in your favor...it just depends on whether you can execute it or not.

Yeah we both played pretty bad...I failed to punish a lot of his jump ins and he failed to punish a lot of my flamekicks. I think usually the first couple of matches are always kinda iffy b/c you're still getting warmed up and learning each others styles.
    I am Hotstuff!
  • StarNabStarNab Joined: Posts: 195
    Here we go.

Some vids I ain't really proud of... But everyone randomly sucks I guess ^^'

vs Renegad (Boxer)

vs Lord DVD (Honda)

vs Kilivan (Zangief)

Thousand years of shame on me for that Super against Boxer.
    Against Lord DVD, I feel ridiculous for the 2 last matches.
    They see me Chicken Wing, they hatin'
    Youtube Chanel : http://www.youtube.com/user/StarNab
    French Sessions (offline & online) Streaming : http://fr.justin.tv/starnab
  • KilivanKilivan Joined: Posts: 21
    Haha I know you would post it weak bruce lee! I was tired and third place isn't interesting so I let you win ...

GG next time we (Onibaku Team) will crush them ^^