Fei Long Video Thread

1373839404143»

Comments

• onemiconemic FGC scrub Joined: Posts: 460
    edited November 2014
    FeistyFree wrote: »

vs. Sakura:

- you had her cornered very fast, which is always a good thing obviously.. yet you didnt capitalise on your rekka fishing, multiple times you landed the first rekka and just left out the remaining two hits
    -But you were always punishing dumb stuff with hp -> hp rekka, good!
    -What concerned me the most about your game is definitely your anti airs.. sorry if that's too direct but that was horrible. You walked into almost every jump in from sakura, no flamekick, no close hp, no roundhouse, nothing, not even a "counterhit" notification which could mean you mistimed the anti air, just plain old "not blocking". If you're unsure about your anti air timing, simply block.
    -Next thing, you dont use your meter at all. At the end of round 1 (!!!) you had your super bar completely full and you didnt use a single ex bar for 2 entire rounds.. no super, no ex moves, nothing. USE IT. It's almost irrelevant for what, ex chicken wing through predictable fireballs, ex flamekick anti airs, flamekick wakeup fadc backdash, ex rekka (first hit is +-0 second hit is -1 on block, use that!)
    -In the second round, you had sakura cornered and started waaay too predictable abuse rekkas.. granted it did work for a while, but only because sakura was scared and didnt think about doing something against it.
    -Also 2nd round I guess, you landed focus crumble backdash midscreen, you walked forward and sweeped her, not bad, but remember that you want your opponent in the corner, backdash and hp rekka hits fully and gives cornercarry!
    -last thing I noticed are odd focus tendencies, nothing too terrible but they seemed displaced, 3/4 screen away focus for nothing, another time you focus, yet got hit by a sweep out of it (which means you didnt hold).
    Remember that you want to catch something specific with your focus.. dont just walk up, press focus and wait for the opponent to do something.
    Which means, if your opponent is someone that likes to sweep, walk up, focus the sweep and punish big. Dont just walk up and hailmary a focus, most of the time you'll eat an armorbreaker or your backdash gets punished.

vs. Oni:

-first round started very good, you seem to have gotten your BnBs and punishes down.
    - and again, odd focus tendency (you focused right when he started his armor break move, bad thing) and also your anti air game.
    - first round in general looked ok, I honestly didnt believe you would lose this match ..
    - but then again, your focus this time got broken almost immediatly, you fished for 3-4 cr.lp into rekkas (IN A ROW) and then finshed a whole rekka on a blocking opponent, looks like you slowly became uneasy for whatever reason
    - and you still sit on your meter, very bad habit, feis ex moves ARE useful
    - in the final round you finally began to drop combos, truly a sign of becoming uneasy with this match, yet I dont know why exactly
    - last thing about this fight: you would have won after Oni did his ridiculus Ultra which you blocked. You could have just super'd him there and finished the round. It's like you dont even realise there is a superbar in this game, sorry..

That's it for now, dont really have time to watch the rest right now, maybe tomorrow :)

PS: I didnt meant to sound rude or something like that.. sorry if it came across like that.

Thanks for the tips! You didn't sound rude at all, and quite honestly I need the honest criticism for me to know what to work on and improve.

Those jumpins from sakura that didnt get blocked were from me trying to input a DP but getting hit before I either hit the button or I input the DP incorrectly. reverse DP motion is harder for me to react with than a regular DP, but its already gotten better than it was in those videos as Im really making it a priority to get that down.

My focus game is really bad. I'm not sure when to focus and for how long. And in most cases if they dont throw out a poke I'm unsure of how to handle the situation. i.e. The situation I'm in 90% of the time when I throw out focus: the opponent jumps towards/over me. When this happens I never know what to do, even when I know it's coming.

Hopefully I'll improve a lot the next time I post up a vid

• LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,186
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • LaMaquinaLaMaquina Joined: Posts: 178
    For those of us wondering about how to tackle the Rose matchup:

• The USF DonThe USF Don Joined: Posts: 159
    So I went to this past NCR and signed up late (onsite) and guess who I got to play first round?

Besides not using EX rekka to chip out in the 3rd game, and dealing with stand Fierce (I decided to let him push it, cuz I figured he'd take a risk sooner rather than later), what should I look for in my game plan to improve?

We'll meet again, someday soon.
  • SendMasterSendMaster its all a dance... Joined: Posts: 579
    you had it :(
    well played man.
    Like everyone else you want to learn to way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying -- Bruce Lee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDWkVRK8kQ#t=1m31s
    edited May 2015
    My matches at ArcadeUFO weekly tourney:
    www.twitch.tv/arcadeufo/v/4733077

My matches are at 22:05, 50:45, 1:13:35

I would appreciate any feedback :)

Thanks

Like everyone else you want to learn to way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying -- Bruce Lee
  • WoogieBoogie757WoogieBoogie757 Joined: Posts: 48
    edited May 2015
    Simple video on punishes against Elena, check out 12:34 for the good stuff!

Took a little longer than I wanted on one of the demonstrations but there it is.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
    "You can't play mind games with someone that's not thinking."
  • 09LegsofLegend0909LegsofLegend09 GrandmasterShadou Joined: Posts: 860
    I will be posting some stuff after a few tournies here, but I can post some random stuff saved, I have a couple of wicked setups for Fei, Love feed back as well boys
    ... PS4: Absoolutezero... @ShadowSingh4D
  • 09LegsofLegend0909LegsofLegend09 GrandmasterShadou Joined: Posts: 860
    edited August 2015
    Here is a video by myself and a friend proximity guard. Hope this helps some of you.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yXeRf58agw

Not sure how to change to a Video from a link.
    ... PS4: Absoolutezero... @ShadowSingh4D
    oii shadow sigh kya hal chal :)

• st3adyst3ady Joined: Posts: 51
    can anyone point me to a vid that teaches how to do his BNB combos, that maybe shows the person's hands on the stick, or with move data on the side? I am really struggling with landing things like the flame kick cancelled into that forward flip kick combo. Thanks!
    www.hahasweet.com - check out my website
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,906
    st3ady wrote: »
    can anyone point me to a vid that teaches how to do his BNB combos, that maybe shows the person's hands on the stick, or with move data on the side? I am really struggling with landing things like the flame kick cancelled into that forward flip kick combo. Thanks!

I have a YouTube channel dedicated to Sagat, but as a former Fei mainer, I can probably do an extensive Fei Long tutorial as a side project.

Would anyone else be interested in this? Or does it exist already?
    edited September 2015
    I'd love to see one. I know there are various, very informative videos for Options Selects, Combos, etc., but an actual Tutorial for his fundamentals would be awesome. I feel like the stuff that's already out there, while very useful. is a little chaotic, i.e., unorganized with no cohesion. A one-stop shop type of location would be excellent.

Got a link for the Sagat stuff?

EDIT: Wanted to make sure to point out I mean no disrespect to what others have already done, and show appreciation for the info that's already out there.
    Post edited by LaMaquina on
  • HighlandfireballHighlandfireball Are you ready for a war? Joined: Posts: 8,906
    LaMaquina wrote: »
    I'd love to see one. I know there are various videos for Options Selects, Combos, etc., but an actual Tutorial for his fundamentals would be awesome. I feel like the stuff that's already out there is a little chaotic, i.e., unorganized with no cohesion.

Got a link for the Sagat stuff?

It's in my Sig , I don't think it shows on phones though.

It's in my Sig , I don't think it shows on phones though.

Oh geez I'm blind!

Thanks man
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,186
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB