FeistyFree wrote: »
- you had her cornered very fast, which is always a good thing obviously.. yet you didnt capitalise on your rekka fishing, multiple times you landed the first rekka and just left out the remaining two hits
-But you were always punishing dumb stuff with hp -> hp rekka, good!
-What concerned me the most about your game is definitely your anti airs.. sorry if that's too direct but that was horrible. You walked into almost every jump in from sakura, no flamekick, no close hp, no roundhouse, nothing, not even a "counterhit" notification which could mean you mistimed the anti air, just plain old "not blocking". If you're unsure about your anti air timing, simply block.
-Next thing, you dont use your meter at all. At the end of round 1 (!!!) you had your super bar completely full and you didnt use a single ex bar for 2 entire rounds.. no super, no ex moves, nothing. USE IT. It's almost irrelevant for what, ex chicken wing through predictable fireballs, ex flamekick anti airs, flamekick wakeup fadc backdash, ex rekka (first hit is +-0 second hit is -1 on block, use that!)
-In the second round, you had sakura cornered and started waaay too predictable abuse rekkas.. granted it did work for a while, but only because sakura was scared and didnt think about doing something against it.
-Also 2nd round I guess, you landed focus crumble backdash midscreen, you walked forward and sweeped her, not bad, but remember that you want your opponent in the corner, backdash and hp rekka hits fully and gives cornercarry!
-last thing I noticed are odd focus tendencies, nothing too terrible but they seemed displaced, 3/4 screen away focus for nothing, another time you focus, yet got hit by a sweep out of it (which means you didnt hold).
Remember that you want to catch something specific with your focus.. dont just walk up, press focus and wait for the opponent to do something.
Which means, if your opponent is someone that likes to sweep, walk up, focus the sweep and punish big. Dont just walk up and hailmary a focus, most of the time you'll eat an armorbreaker or your backdash gets punished.
-first round started very good, you seem to have gotten your BnBs and punishes down.
- and again, odd focus tendency (you focused right when he started his armor break move, bad thing) and also your anti air game.
- first round in general looked ok, I honestly didnt believe you would lose this match ..
- but then again, your focus this time got broken almost immediatly, you fished for 3-4 cr.lp into rekkas (IN A ROW) and then finshed a whole rekka on a blocking opponent, looks like you slowly became uneasy for whatever reason
- and you still sit on your meter, very bad habit, feis ex moves ARE useful
- in the final round you finally began to drop combos, truly a sign of becoming uneasy with this match, yet I dont know why exactly
- last thing about this fight: you would have won after Oni did his ridiculus Ultra which you blocked. You could have just super'd him there and finished the round. It's like you dont even realise there is a superbar in this game, sorry..
That's it for now, dont really have time to watch the rest right now, maybe tomorrow
PS: I didnt meant to sound rude or something like that.. sorry if it came across like that.
st3ady wrote: »
can anyone point me to a vid that teaches how to do his BNB combos, that maybe shows the person's hands on the stick, or with move data on the side? I am really struggling with landing things like the flame kick cancelled into that forward flip kick combo. Thanks!
LaMaquina wrote: »
I'd love to see one. I know there are various videos for Options Selects, Combos, etc., but an actual Tutorial for his fundamentals would be awesome. I feel like the stuff that's already out there is a little chaotic, i.e., unorganized with no cohesion.
Got a link for the Sagat stuff?
Highlandfireball wrote: »
It's in my Sig , I don't think it shows on phones though.