Recent Purchases and Good Finds

12627293132

Comments

  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 467 ✭✭
    360/ps3 Mad Catz sfxt fightstick pro on buy.com for $88 free shipping., and $80 on buy.com only for the xbox360.
  • GLORYBE26ODGLORYBE26OD Joined: Posts: 445
    Brawl stick for $19.00. on Gameshark. I got one.
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 979 ✭✭✭
    there's some more stuff he knows he has but couldn't find, makes me wonder how much his room represented a Super Potato store.
    So my friend Yuki from before was back in Texas for a while and dug around at his parents' place, and tells me to come over because he found "the shoebox":
    A_vgIDeCYAAD3vS.jpg:large

    Full spread:
    270268_895056383115_1002885291_n.jpg

    Holy shit. I'm gonna miss him (he's already on his way back to Japan) but I've been playing the hell out of the games he gave me before, now I'll be playing even more.

    I think the first game I'm gonna play is Ikki, just to be ironic.


    I really oughta set up FDSLoadr, I told him that there's basically an "elaborate R4 equivalent for the FDS" and he was really glad I'd be using the disk system in some capacity. Still gotta replace the belt on it...


    Also got two PVM 2950Q monitors recently, bought one with burn-in then another popped up without any, each was $40. The burned-in one is going to a technically inclined retrogaming friend of mine from out of town, the hassle of ending up with one extra is gonna be worth dragging him out of his home to come get it and visit me :)
  • RosserRoosterRosserRooster Cocka-doodle-do MoFo Joined: Posts: 2,069
    :)
    Nice deal
    I think I have you to blame Dan for starting my fascination with the famicom:eek:
    I have picked up original Famicom and an FDS since you last posted your Famicom finds I just love those crazy color carts and how some games have additional sound programming over the NES. I love that thing
    :df: :d::d::d::d::d::d::d::d: :db::blah: Pm me if you need something coated :blah:
    :f: [URL='http://<div style="width:480px;text-align:right;"><embed width="480" height="360" src="http://pic2.pbsrc.com/flash/rss_slideshow.swf"; flashvars="rssFeed=http%3A%2F%2Ffeed86.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk89%2Frosserrooster%2FPowder%2520Coated%2520links%2520etc%2Ffeed.rss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" /><a href="javascript:void(0);" target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_geturs.gif"; style="border:none;" /></a><a href="http://s86.beta.photobucket.com/user/rosserrooster/library/Powder Coated links etc&quot; target="_blank"><img src="http://pic.photobucket.com/share/icons/embed/btn_viewall.gif"; style="border:none;" alt="rosserrooster&#039;s Powder Coated links etc album on Photobucket" /></a></div>']Powder Coated Link Gallery [/URL] :b:
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 979 ✭✭✭
    FC carts are kooky, I don't think doing your own shape and color for cartridges at will would work for much else than an old 8 bit system.

    You're not the first preson I've made want to get random retrogaming stuff. I have a friend who got bitten by the retrogaming bug hard, once he saw some of the stuff I had. Thing is this guy tends to be kinda indecisive (for example buys/sells PS3s and 360s all the time since he can't decide if he wants either/both/neither) and I felt a bit of blame for seeing random old consoles join his rotation of stuff he bought and then wanted to sell.

    Hopefully soon, I'll throw some wall shelves and some random IKEA stuff into the gameroom, and will have an entire (small) room to post pictures of.
  • bigsexyc420bigsexyc420 Keystone II Joined: Posts: 456
    First time visit to a local retro video game specialty shop today.

    Looks like a winner to me.
    9zCFd.jpg
    "Contra on the DS makes me want to punch myself in the balls"
    -Monte
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a lens now for my D200, well 2. A Nikkon AF 50mm 1:1.8 and an AF-s 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 G
    Also it always help to read the manual
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • Buster WolfBuster Wolf Are you okay? Joined: Posts: 738 ✭✭✭
    Good deal.

    Sent from my ZTE Fury using Tapatalk 2
  • CzargeistCzargeist Joined: Posts: 91
    Got a hold of two NOS Wico microswitch joysticks. My only issue is that they're incredibly stiff.

    Wicosticks_zps21218dff.jpg
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, Wico is long gone and ALL officially US-manufactured parts are long out-of-print -- hence, collector status and very short supply among parts vendors --, BUT Paradise Arcade Shop does have the old Wico red balltop handle in production. It's 38mm diameter with a different thread than Japanese balltops but they do sell it with an adaptor compatible with Seimitsu and Sanwa joysticks. (Your red "Wico" plastic may vary from the Seimitsu and Sanwa shades!)

    Just sayin'.

    Oh, and long, long ago I had TWO Wico joysticks that were made for the Atari systems way back in the early 1980s. I had the bat handle and the "Famous Red Ball" joysticks. Back then, I preferred the ball handle, too.

    And yes, those Wico joysticks ARE stiff.

    You know they're going to the cemetery when they get as loose as a Sanwa JLF. These are NOT supposed to be the loosest joysticks ever made!


    Recent buys (electronic) -- X-Mas Gifts =>
    PS2 - Samurai Shodown Anthology (US)... I was NOT going to go a third year skipping this title because of the fluctuating prices on NEW condition discs;
    PS3 - Lollipop Chainsaw, Super Street Fighter IV AE, Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, and Persona 4 Arena.
    Very good deals... All 5 for around $100, new condition.

    BlazBlue CE and AquaPazza are definitely on the queque for the future along with SF vs Tekken.
    Lots of flightsims slated for buying, too. I have to have multiple reasons (more than 3 games) to justify getting the Hori PS3 Flight Stick! (And there are at least 2-3 good WWII games this generation plus 2-3 decent jet fighter games.)

    Game prices were around $15-$20 cheaper on average online than I would have paid in-store except Samurai Shodown. I've NEVER seen that title in-store and I always had a feeling that distribution on it was spotty. Heck, I spotted the God Hand and Star Trek Encounters games in-store but NEVER saw SSA in any game store in my area.
  • CzargeistCzargeist Joined: Posts: 91
    Of course, Wico is long gone and ALL officially US-manufactured parts are long out-of-print -- hence, collector status and very short supply among parts vendors --, BUT Paradise Arcade Shop does have the old Wico red balltop handle in production. It's 38mm diameter with a different thread than Japanese balltops but they do sell it with an adaptor compatible with Seimitsu and Sanwa joysticks. (Your red "Wico" plastic may vary from the Seimitsu and Sanwa shades!)

    Just sayin'.

    Oh, and long, long ago I had TWO Wico joysticks that were made for the Atari systems way back in the early 1980s. I had the bat handle and the "Famous Red Ball" joysticks. Back then, I preferred the ball handle, too.

    And yes, those Wico joysticks ARE stiff.

    You know they're going to the cemetery when they get as loose as a Sanwa JLF. These are NOT supposed to be the loosest joysticks ever made!

    Oh, okay then. I was just making sure they're supposed to be like that out of the box. In that case, I'll leave them be until I can find a proper use for them..
  • LKXLKX Joined: Posts: 58
    For any one who has Soul Caliber V they need to go to Gamestop and pick up the Official Hardback Strategy its Huge awesome very very detailed everyone on Amazon gave it 5 stars saying it was almost too much info.That's with them paying retail at 24.99

    Its on Sale at gamestop for $9.99 but mine rang up as $8.99
    $(KGrHqRHJDgE7y+t434HBPEz1Uulc!~~60_35.JPG
    http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/soulcalibur-v-official-strategy-guide/98902



    I one up you with a purchase of this guide from Gamestop for $2.49 only. :)
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I one up you with a purchase of this guide from Gamestop for $2.49 only. :)
    And I traded by copy of The Adventures of Sophitia's spoiled children err I mean Soul Calibur IV to Game Stop.
    And that should let you know what I think of that terrible game, only other fighting game I ever sold or traded off was Super Street Fighter IV (because I got Arcade Edition) and Brutal Paws of Fury (cause it sucks liek SC 4 did).
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    Soul Calibur IV still has Sophitia and Cassandra in it. I guess I don't get the comment about "spoiled" children in SC IV since they weren't in that game. Besides, it was the "Jedi" game... ( = Aargh. The last few Star Wars games haven't been great aside from the great Lego series and the two Rogue Squadron games on the GameCube.)

    I've only played SC V a time or two since I got it but if anything SC IV is truer to the series than SC V. SC V feels... weird. Just like SF III did. Without more of the familiar cast from the past entries in the series, it feels like going back to your high school 5-10 years later with everybody else from your graduating class moved away from town.

    To be honest, the last really good SC game was probably 2... (I went with the "Link" edition. Didn't own a PS2 at the time and am not crazy about the Tekken series.) The only reasons I kept interested as long as I did in SC III and SC IV was because of character customization. Aside from the sidequest games in the first two SC games, I've never felt that the SC series was the deepest fighting game series.
  • LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Macho Madness Joined: Posts: 776
    Picked up Sony brand component cables for PS2 at my local GameStop for $5.77. I was about to spend $18 for the shitty GameStop brand component cables then checked the other side of the display where they put the used accessories and found the Sony cables.
    ABACABB.
  • Smashbro29Smashbro29 "Is it Mewtwo?"™ Joined: Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up Sony brand component cables for PS2 at my local GameStop for $5.77. I was about to spend $18 for the shitty GameStop brand component cables then checked the other side of the display where they put the used accessories and found the Sony cables.

    Those would be really nice to find, right now all I got is a Monoprice 3 in one cable.
  • ThengeanceThengeance Joined: Posts: 6
    Though I've been lurking here for awhile, this will be my first post and I can swear I've seen this thread before. However, I couldn't find it, so I'll have to earn a knowledgeable moderator's ire from the get-go.

    I bought my SFxT TE stick on craigslist a few weeks ago from a guy who bought it, used it 5 times, and wanted to let it go for half price. For some reason, I still make my rounds to the manufacturer and retailer websites because I guess deal hunting was too much fun.

    I know that getting into this community is a bit steep, especially since the flagship controller (MCZ TE) is a staggering $160, so I wanted to share my prowlings with those of you out there debating buying a stick. Trust me, these deals only come around every few months, so unless you want to wait for some of the other majors this spring or EVO, I'd look into these bargains.

    Effective 01/27, 12PM EST:
    Newegg.com:
    MCZ SC5 Soul Edition- $80 (Currently Out of Stock)
    HORI DoA5- $100 (In stock, ends 01/28)
    Most MCZ pads- $20

    Madcatz/Gameshark website:
    MCZ SC5 Soul Edition- $100
    MCZ SFxT TE- $100
    SF4 pads- $20

    Eightarc/Qanba website:
    No current sales

    Best of luck my fellow bargain hunting beginners!
  • klawwklaww Dirtiest Grawgin Joined: Posts: 190
    Thengeance, the Madcatz/Gameshark site has more than just those two sticks. Also has the MLG stick, SFxT PRO and VS.
    Personally, I had no idea the difference between those madcatz sticks, so i saw the buttons were more curved on the SCV one (and i liked the picture better) so i bought that one. hopefully thats a dependable stick .xD
    Terribad.
    PSN: KlawwG
    Steam: Klaww213 hit me up anytime. :3
  • bigsexyc420bigsexyc420 Keystone II Joined: Posts: 456
    Just came in today, gonna get wrapped in another layer of bubble wrap and back into the box she goes. Gonna look into getting an acrylic display case thing for it. Very happy this came in.

    20130128_133859.jpg
    20130128_133943.jpg
    "Contra on the DS makes me want to punch myself in the balls"
    -Monte
  • RugdoctorRugdoctor Joined: Posts: 170
    edited February 2013

    Got this shipped for $32/20quid from local online store.

    image

    Post edited by Rugdoctor on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Silver Slim PS2 w/ matching controller for 35 Shipped. Now I am just waiting for my PS2 component cables.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • alainveyalainvey Joined: Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Posted this in the COMNAS thread sorta by mistake, so reposting here because excited.

    Hori V3, scratched silk screening, Sanwa Black OBSF 30s and a black balltop for £22 shipped on ebay. Stuck in some Dark Hais, a JLF and some carbon fibre vinyl. This is a very comfortable stick, needs a bit more weight but size and layout are perfect.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Just found and purchase a non-working Hrap 3 for $35 shipped on eBay.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • anzharanzhar Joined: Posts: 501
    somebody snag this

    i would take it but shipping to uk is too much
  • fateXd2fateXd2 The Mayor of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 350
    edited May 2013
    wrong thread
    Post edited by fateXd2 on
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Just found and purchase a non-working Hrap 3 for $35 shipped on eBay.

    That's kind of expensive for a case without a working PCB... Is that $35 with shipping included or without? (If it's $35 altogether you still got a good deal... Shipping prices are outrageous no matter which service you use.) Did it at least come with the JLF and Hori pushbuttons (not that I'd keep the pushbuttons; I always pitched those! Hori didn't learn how to make good pushbuttons until the Fighting Edge. (The Namco Joystick was a fluke!)

    Still a very nice case. I kept my original (checkered sticker) HRAP 3 art (I've got the White Amazon.jp variant; used to have but sold the regular black case HRAP 3) and just covered it with a laser-copy print after I got my Art Hong plexi. (The HRAP 3 SA has that nice "graphite" material on its faceplate. Much classier than a sticker!) Lots of prime faceplate real estate for nice artwork...

    Can't say the same so much for the HRAP V3/VX, the HRAP N3, or the Mad Catz FightStick Pro. It's harder to fit art into those narrow, cramped faceplate areas.

    All that and I prefer the old "Astro City" button layout. Way more comfortable on the fingers and you can use all eight buttons if you want. I was never as comfortable using 8-button layout in the Viewlix layout.

    Too bad the joystick mount isn't universal... At least you can use the LS-56 or LS-58 as alternate levers without modding the faceplate or buying a shaft extension!

    Post edited by GeorgeC on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Just found and purchase a non-working Hrap 3 for $35 shipped on eBay.

    That's kind of expensive for a case without a working PCB... Is that $35 with shipping included or without? (If it's $35 altogether you still got a good deal... Shipping prices are outrageous no matter which service you use.) Did it at least come with the JLF and Hori pushbuttons (not that I'd keep the pushbuttons; I always pitched those! Hori didn't learn how to make good pushbuttons until the Fighting Edge. (The Namco Joystick was a fluke!)

    Still a very nice case. I kept my original (checkered sticker) HRAP 3 art (I've got the White Amazon.jp variant; used to have but sold the regular black case HRAP 3) and just covered it with a laser-copy print after I got my Art Hong plexi. (The HRAP 3 SA has that nice "graphite" material on its faceplate. Much classier than a sticker!) Lots of prime faceplate real estate for nice artwork...

    Can't say the same so much for the HRAP V3/VX, the HRAP N3, or the Mad Catz FightStick Pro. It's harder to fit art into those narrow, cramped faceplate areas.

    All that and I prefer the old "Astro City" button layout. Way more comfortable on the fingers and you can use all eight buttons if you want. I was never as comfortable using 8-button layout in the Viewlix layout.

    Too bad the joystick mount isn't universal... At least you can use the LS-56 or LS-58 as alternate levers without modding the faceplate or buying a shaft extension!
    Well I wanted to make it a SNES stick so having a bad PCB isn't a issue, and yes that $35 including shipping.

    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • Zx-toleZx-tole Joined: Posts: 456 ✭✭
    Czargeist wrote: »
    Got a hold of two NOS Wico microswitch joysticks. My only issue is that they're incredibly stiff.

    nice, they probably have rubber grommets instead of springs so that might be why they stiff.

    Currently Playing-
    MvC2: Zangief/Sentinel/Blackheart
    Trying to Play-
    GGAC+R: Kliff and Potemkin.
    SFII'HF/ST: Zangief.
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Qpz7VXK.jpg
    Sennheiser HD595.
    They were cracked.
    €20, just needed to bond them together with some gorilla glue.
    Post edited by kikimaru024 on
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    Quoting myself from the BrawlStick questions thread; don't really want to start another thread for this --


    "Gonna mention this in the thread...

    GameShark.com store has the Brawl Stick on clearance... It's the PS3 model =>
    http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5079&idCategory=120

    $20... You'd pay more than that for most joystick CASE SHELLS let alone a broken Agetec or HRAP joystick.

    Thought I'd mention it for people who want a cheaper project joystick or one with a decent PCB to branch off of... "
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    ^ $20 is a decent price for the shell. Just a shame it isn't the 360 version.
  • fateXd2fateXd2 The Mayor of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 350
    gahrling wrote: »
    ^ $20 is a decent price for the shell. Just a shame it isn't the 360 version.

    The Brawlstick 360 doesnt have a common ground PCB. Either one would require a padhack
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    fateXd2 wrote: »
    The Brawlstick 360 doesnt have a common ground PCB


    It is common ground, dude.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my Japanese Import of Saikyo Shooting Collection Vol.1: Strikers 1945 I & II for the PS2 in today.
    Huray SHMUPS!!!!
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two whole days before release and look what appear at my doorstep
    20130713_210719_zps1ff2aa4b.jpg

    I love you Amazon
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • deBorudeBoru Salty Shodan! Joined: Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Two whole days before release and look what appear at my doorstep
    -snip-

    I love you Amazon

    So. Fucking. Jealous. I pre-ordered, too. Here's hoping mine gets here soon!
    Nintendo 2DS Friend Code: 0619 - 4370 - 4095
    PlayStation Network/Steam ID: Chivalier
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deBoru wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Two whole days before release and look what appear at my doorstep
    -snip-

    I love you Amazon

    So. Fucking. Jealous. I pre-ordered, too. Here's hoping mine gets here soon!
    Amazon pretty good about shipping their videogame preorders. if you haven't received the game yet, you get it more than likely on Monday, Tuesday at the worst.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • deBorudeBoru Salty Shodan! Joined: Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    Darksakul wrote: »
    deBoru wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Two whole days before release and look what appear at my doorstep
    -snip-

    I love you Amazon

    So. Fucking. Jealous. I pre-ordered, too. Here's hoping mine gets here soon!
    Amazon pretty good about shipping their videogame preorders. if you haven't received the game yet, you get it more than likely on Monday, Tuesday at the worst.

    Most of the time, yeah. I got "Last of Us" a week early. On the other hand though, when I pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII-2 I received it a week late (apparently, one of the warehouse conveyors malfunctioned and my package went MIA, or so the customer service lady said. I believe it because the box had weird tread marks on it).
    Nintendo 2DS Friend Code: 0619 - 4370 - 4095
    PlayStation Network/Steam ID: Chivalier
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a XRGB 2 Plus. I am now waiting for a Euro to JPN scart adapter for it.

    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    I recently picked this up for $78 shipped off eBay:

    C7DF4FF2-0207-4407-B4C9-F4EC792837A7-1758-000001ECD50CA9AC.jpg

    It's in very good shape (mint, I'd say), and of course, it also came in the box:

    10136504-A318-44F5-8EAF-ABAE8A270329-1758-000001ECC5A15354.jpg

    Everything was in it, including the SFIV move list card, and the little bag with the instructions and headset cable. The only thing missing was that clip thing for the old style XBox headset, but whatever... I have like three of those, and I don't have the old style headset anymore regardless.

    The little warranty sticker had been snapped on the bottom plate, so I went ahead and opened it. All of the red goo is still in place on the screws attaching the center plate inside. I went ahead and also opened up the top panel, and sure enough, everything looked intact there as well - red goo on the pcbs, and the glue on the ribbon connectors intact. Works great on both my XBox360 and my PC (Windows 8 ), so I'm happy. :)

    Considering that I saw a few go for around $100 + shipping before I saw this auction, I think it was a good deal, considering the condition it's in.
    Post edited by PlayDoh003 on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20130917_231802_zpsc94e7f11.jpg
    Came in last week. The rare Gamecube D-Terminal Composite cables, I got it sent from a Record store from Tokyo.

    $79 Shipped.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭
    The Rd 1 TE is worth $80 used... Why anybody thinks they're worth over $100 used is beyond me but as they say ---... Hell, I'm not going to say it. Spend what you want. I look for deals!

    I just say that most people are nuts if they think anything made in lots of thousands is some kind of automatic collectible... BALONEY. There are about a billion of these things floating out there and even if only 3-5% are "like new/mild useage" condition, that's still 3-5% of 10-15k or more of these things made????? Do the math if-you-know-how and that's still a lot of "perfect condition" units floating around!

    Good on anyone for not overpaying on the basic production unit of the SFIV TE! $80 is what they're worth used, IMHO. Now, the SDCC and Femme Fatale units are a DIFFERENT story if someone wants to charge over $100 for those. There are a lot fewer of them floating around!
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    The Rd 1 TE is worth $80 used... Why anybody thinks they're worth over $100 used is beyond me but as they say ---... Hell, I'm not going to say it. Spend what you want. I look for deals!

    I just say that most people are nuts if they think anything made in lots of thousands is some kind of automatic collectible... BALONEY. There are about a billion of these things floating out there and even if only 3-5% are "like new/mild useage" condition, that's still 3-5% of 10-15k or more of these things made????? Do the math if-you-know-how and that's still a lot of "perfect condition" units floating around!

    Good on anyone for not overpaying on the basic production unit of the SFIV TE! $80 is what they're worth used, IMHO. Now, the SDCC and Femme Fatale units are a DIFFERENT story if someone wants to charge over $100 for those. There are a lot fewer of them floating around!
    PlayDoh003 said he paid $78 and that included shipping. What would be shipping for a large 8 pound box, $10 , $15 ? Thats a $62 to 68 dollar stick that is near mint. Yeah its a round 1 TE, so it will have PCB issues. But all the parts looked Stock.

    My issue is people who do minor mods to sticks and then sell them for highly inflated prices. Blue Sanwa push buttons (for example) does not make a Mad Catz SE $200. Unless you are actually increasing the quality of a stick, I see maybe a $40/50 increase (for parts and labor), minus some of the value due to the stick is no longer stock.

    Yes the Gold Evo, SD Comic Con and Femme Fatale TE sticks are different as they were special limited editions.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • d3vd3v #MAXCPM Fiber Override Joined: Posts: 24,856 mod
    Darksakul wrote: »
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    The Rd 1 TE is worth $80 used... Why anybody thinks they're worth over $100 used is beyond me but as they say ---... Hell, I'm not going to say it. Spend what you want. I look for deals!

    I just say that most people are nuts if they think anything made in lots of thousands is some kind of automatic collectible... BALONEY. There are about a billion of these things floating out there and even if only 3-5% are "like new/mild useage" condition, that's still 3-5% of 10-15k or more of these things made????? Do the math if-you-know-how and that's still a lot of "perfect condition" units floating around!

    Good on anyone for not overpaying on the basic production unit of the SFIV TE! $80 is what they're worth used, IMHO. Now, the SDCC and Femme Fatale units are a DIFFERENT story if someone wants to charge over $100 for those. There are a lot fewer of them floating around!
    PlayDoh003 said he paid $78 and that included shipping. What would be shipping for a large 8 pound box, $10 , $15 ? Thats a $62 to 68 dollar stick that is near mint. Yeah its a round 1 TE, so it will have PCB issues. But all the parts looked Stock.

    My issue is people who do minor mods to sticks and then sell them for highly inflated prices. Blue Sanwa push buttons (for example) does not make a Mad Catz SE $200. Unless you are actually increasing the quality of a stick, I see maybe a $40/50 increase (for parts and labor), minus some of the value due to the stick is no longer stock.

    Yes the Gold Evo, SD Comic Con and Femme Fatale TE sticks are different as they were special limited editions.

    Ugh, DSP.
  • alainveyalainvey Joined: Posts: 276 ✭✭
    If you want some laughs, search for "arcade stick" on Amazon.co.uk and look at the used prices. I'm pretty sure there's a round 1 on there for £400. Also, there are some people selling their used sticks for more than the new price...

    There's also a boxed namco stick on ebay from a Romanian seller right now for £200 buy it now.
  • PlayDoh003PlayDoh003 Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭
    In my defense, my winning bid was $58, so $20 for shipping. The highest bid was actually $30, but I sniped it at the very end, and $58 happened to be my winning bid. I was willing to pay $65 for it.

    I think it was a good deal because:

    1) It came complete in the box with all materials, except for that little XBox headset clip thing that I don't use anyway. If I were to decide to sell this stick layer (not planning it), I could always throw in one of the other three that I have... Most of the sticks I saw going for $90 ( not counting shipping) or more were without the box, with the cord wrapped around it, with changed buttons, etc.

    2) As I mentioned the only thing "wrong" with this stick is that the previous owner was curious and opened it from the bottom, given that the sticker was tampered with. All of the red goop on every mid panel screw was still intact. Likewise, the pcb's up top also had their red goop and ribbon cable glue intact. Why they opened it, I don't know, but as far as I can tell, they didn't mess with it inside.

    3) Finally, it works perfectly. The owner wrote in the listing that he played SFIV for a few months before putting the stick in his closet, where it sat for years, and it shows. The stick was CLEAN. No crud or anything on the inside or along the edges of the top plate either.

    So yeah, a Rd1 (which despite its flaws is still a CLASSIC stick) in great shape for more than $40 less than what other sticks in inferior shape (IMHO) were? Yeah, that's a good deal in my book, and as long as I was happy with the purchase, that's all that matters.

    I agree with your points and am glad that I was an informed buyer... You'd be surprised how many offers I saw out there claiming it was a "Limited Edition", not to mention the ones that were throwing in a copy of Vanilla SFIV, pricing it at $200, and calling it a day.

    I do have to argue that these sticks for some people have value. For one, it's one of the few sticks that have full white TE sides. since MCZ doesn't sell them, getting one of these, or finding someone that replaced theirs is a must. So anyway, I plead my case. No arguments here, just stating the facts behind my purchase and why I thought it was a good deal... :)
  • AnhVuDoAnhVuDo Joined: Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Lookie what I scored on eBay the other week! Sanwa silent stick, aluminum bat top, and a circular and octagonal gate! $39.99 shipped! The guy said there were less than 10 hours of use on it. Feels new to me.

    $(KGrHqZ,!rQFIoZCzGW7BSNzJpEFj!~~60_57.JPG

    I think the bat top needs an adapter. When I attache it, it hinders all movement. But I'm not sure.
Sign In or Register to comment.