Recent Purchases and Good Finds

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,901
    US $1,189.75

Man thats a rip off
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,451 mod
    Reiraku wrote: »
    Definitely not a "good find". Also hoping that you aren't a sucker and this doesn't count as a "recent purchase" as well.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    Maybe it's a sign of things to come. Quick! Buy 2 before they double in price again!
    SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 821
    d3v wrote: »
    Definitely not a "good find". Also hoping that you aren't a sucker and this doesn't count as a "recent purchase" as well.

Dear god, no. I was just confused at how anyone could consider listing it for that price. You see those going for $170 - 200 all day.

This was mostly posted for the "lol" factor.
    d3v wrote: »

Dear god, no. I was just confused at how anyone could consider listing it for that price. You see those going for $170 - 200 all day.

This was mostly posted for the "lol" factor.
    There alot of unscrupulous sellers on eBay and Amazon. Thing is overpricing a item is not against either site's policy.
    So always do your homework, compare the sale to other sales, including those which has sold.

Odd thing is I don't see how this clown jackswarehouse2010 sold 4 Hori hrap V4 arcade sticks at US $1,189.75
    Some people must be desperate for a PS4 stick. Listen people if you are this desperate just contact Gummo, I am sure he do the mod for you.
  • el grecoel greco Lite Dash Joined: Posts: 361
    If you would have clicked on the Purchase History link you would have seen the seller just made a typo updating his listing. But who am I to stop the tech talk spergouts.
    el greco wrote: »
    If you would have clicked on the Purchase History link you would have seen the seller just made a typo updating his listing. But who am I to stop the tech talk spergouts.

What Typo?

Adding a extra 1 in front of the price?
  • slash5150slash5150 Naptime? Joined: Posts: 3,616 mod
    That has to be a typo when all the others sold for 189.75

Pretty funny typo though
    I Stream Stuff! - http://twitch.tv/teamkhaos
    edited January 2015
    Here is a great deal for N64 replacement Expansion Pak cover and bottom port cover
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Nintendo-64-Expansion-Jumper-Pak-Cover-Lid-Bottom-Cap-Nintendo-DD-/161266553831?pt=US_Video_Gaming_Replacement_Parts_Tools

Just $3 plus standard shipping, looks like this seller takes the time to clean each and every part before it leaves their shop. The port and expansion covers I got smelled great from what ever they used to clean it.
    He also has a Watermelon Red N64 at a decent price.

From another seller I got one of these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/131388792217

A Japanese Two-Toned Ice Blue N64, that I going to later do a RGB mod on.
    And encase your wondering the covers aren't for the Blue N64, its for a grey N64 I just swap the motherboard out of. I want to make sure this second ordinary dark grey N64 has all it's pieces before I sell or trade it off.

Also if anyone is interested, there this Smoke Grey N64 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-Funtastic-Smoke-Grey-Console-ITS-SO-BEAUTIFUL-AND-CLEAR-/251745705437
    $59.99 US is a really good price. Its just the basic console only and its missing the expansion and port covers but this thing normally goes for $80.
  • skaloolaskaloola Joined: Posts: 172
    edited February 2015
    was gonna buy this but then decided i'd just deal with soft resetting my ps360+...

(hori fc4 shipped from AZ)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-seller-Hori-Fighting-Commander-4-controller-PS4-PS3-Playstation-3-fightpad-/231471140645?

edit: updated link
    Post edited by skaloola on
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    edited February 2015
    just picked up a MadCatz Namco TE 'S' for 150 shipped. Also got a cronusmax (otherwise known as shitty titan one) for free from a friend.
    Friends don't let friends drive drunk use the shitty Cronusmax.
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    edited February 2015
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Friends don't let friends drive drunk use the shitty Cronusmax.

im sorry senpai, but it was free D:
    I finally found a remote for a XRGB-2 PLUS. The only acessory for my XRGB-2 PLUS I was really missing on.
    I was the only bidder on eBay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-XRGB-2-PLUS-Up-Scan-Converter-Remote-Control-Japan-0125A25-/391048072119?

Paid $16 plus another $6.50 for shipping (registered air mail with tracking and insurance)

Well technically I am still missing the D terminal to RCA connection breakout for Component video
    and the Japan 21 Pin (their version of "scart") break out connector adapter.
    But I can get those easily if I ever need them.
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    I finally found a remote for a XRGB-2 PLUS. The only acessory for my XRGB-2 PLUS I was really missing on.
    I was the only bidder on eBay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micomsoft-XRGB-2-PLUS-Up-Scan-Converter-Remote-Control-Japan-0125A25-/391048072119?

Paid $16 plus another $6.50 for shipping (registered air mail with tracking and insurance)

Well technically I am still missing the D terminal to RCA connection breakout for Component video
    and the Japan 21 Pin (their version of "scart") break out connector adapter.
    But I can get those easily if I ever need them.

NICE FIND!!!

Take it easy on those tiny XRGB remote cards and keep them away from heat/direct sunlight, the plastic on the face on those can get very brittle.

P.S. If you know of someone who makes good Japanese RGB cables I'd like to get some too for SNES, Genesis 1st Gen, Genesis CDX, and Saturn!!!
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    edited February 2015
    If you know of someone who makes good Japanese RGB cables I'd like to get some too for SNES, Genesis 1st Gen, Genesis CDX, and Saturn!!!

I know of two really good sources
    1. http://www.retrogamingcables.com (they also have a eBay store) makes custom system RGB cables, both Euro Scart and JPN 21 configurations Located in the UK.
    2. Retro console accessories Their eBay store http://www.ebay.com/usr/retro_console_accessories?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754 they also make custom RGB cables Located in the US in Florida.

Most of my cabling are Euro Scart, after my Scart system selector box the cable goes to an adapter for my XRGB 2 Plus.
    I stick to mostly Euro Scart as their easier to find and my Switch box is a British Bandridge brand Euro Scart switch Box (manual version).

• hanzohattori1hanzohattori1 Dust to Dust, Amen Joined: Posts: 942
    My haul for last weekend:

AC Revelations with AC1, Mass Effect 3, Heavenly Sword, Army of Two, Deus Ex, Dead Space LE, Lost Planet 2, Hunted: Demon's Forge, Quantum Theory, 2K12, 13, and 14 - $40 (Gamestop's 3 for $10 deal)

OG WiFi Vita with 16gb stick and Blackgate, along with a blue 3DS XL (Have an OG black 3DS, but waited until the last minute to try and pre-order the new system, thinking there would be many plain ones in stock, smh) with clear armor/protector, Mario 3D Land and SFIV 3D - $150

Also got the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition helmet for free!

Foster brother came up as well: 120gb slim PS3 and blue DS3 with UFC 14, Black Ops 2, MW2, Mass Effect 3, and Arkham Origins - $100
  • SavingPrincessSavingPrincess ... thank you for playing. Joined: Posts: 611
    Got a used-once (literally) RAPv3 SA KAI for free ($99.99 in trade in credit) at a local game store that I have a bunch of credit at. My new travel stick :)
    ... thank you for playing.
    edited February 2015
    Dude closed his thread before I could give him props, so I'm gonna throw him some shine in TT.

Like new (read brand f'ing new but open box) Japroc Torii White Fightstick.

Sweetheart price which we settled with some parts and some cash.

Got the stick the other day. Good pack job, item arrived as described, and I appreciate how easy he was to deal with over instant message.

Thanks @slaycruz !!!

IMG_20150218_201430.jpg
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 1,320
    Dude closed his thread before I could give him props, so I'm gonna throw him some shine in TT.

Like new (read brand f'ing new but open box) Japroc Torii White Fightstick.

Sweetheart price which we settled with some parts and some cash.

Got the stick the other day. Good pack job, item arrived as described, and I appreciate how easy he was to deal with over instant message.

Thanks @slaycruz !!!

IMG_20150218_201430.jpg

No problem @Feargus001100 ...glad it went to a good home. I never played on it but it being shipped by USPS I did open it to check and make sure there was no damage and back in the box it went.
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    Got a mint PS3 Femme Fatale in box (no manual/instructions tho) for $200.

Do these guys on eBay selling them for $500 actually have people that pay that?
    skaloola wrote: »

They are rare collector item versions of the TE. Saw a very limited release,

In other news

I did see this today
    http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-black-starter-bundle/120360

Nintendo NEW 3DS XL - Black Starter Bundle
    Its the NEW 3DS XL (black) , Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and Smash Bros 3DS

There also Nintendo NEW 3DS XL - Red Starter Bundle
    Comes with Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

both comes with a eGuide for Majoras Mask.

I think Gamestop out of the Black starter set
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 403
    edited February 2015
    I didn't buy it, but found a Capcom Power stick for $40. Is that good should I buy it?
    noober2 wrote: »
    I didn't buy it, but found a Capcom Power stick for $40. Is that good should I buy it?

↑ I'd run that by @STEZO_ONE , he's the Barney Stinson of Fightstick-Price-Is-Right ↑

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Got one of these off of CL the other day:

"Lightly used" Hori SCV stick with Box

Dude also threw in a spare Octo-Gate he had lying around:

$60.00Hori_SoulCalibur_V_ArcadeStick.jpg
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,686
    If it were mint in box, maybe. Otherwise I'd say it's a $20 item. It's not a piece of poo, but it's not that exciting either. I own 2, more for novelty than than because they are great sticks.
    -ud

$60.00

There's been a few diff Tekken ones being posted near me, one as low as $35 brand new in box w/ Tekken and everything. He txt'd me back today but from searching doesn't look like it's that great for modding.

How is the SCV one? I like that it's not viewlix.

There's also a cheap 6 button SCIV one near me.

Was considering buying them to keep at my office if they're easy to mod. baby steps, eventually I hope they'll agree to letting me get a candy cab... =)
    There's been a few diff Tekken ones being posted near me, one as low as $35 brand new in box w/ Tekken and everything. He txt'd me back today but from searching doesn't look like it's that great for modding.

How is the SCV one? I like that it's not viewlix.

There's also a cheap 6 button SCIV one near me.

Was considering buying them to keep at my office if they're easy to mod. baby steps, eventually I hope they'll agree to letting me get a candy cab... =)

HORI SCV

Full Sanwa, good size for folks with big hands, can rest my wrist comfortably on the stick with out hitting the bottom edge, I like this button layout too.

Nice features: Start button cover, Switch to turn the stick from 8 to 6 button, Storage area for cord very spacious.

Gonna see if its deep enough for Sanwa OBSN-30RG's or OBS-30B's soon.

///

HRAP T5

@BartStation sold me a Hori Tekken 10th Anniversary stick last year for $40, I'd probably rate it a B- unmodded to play on, button layout is great for KOF games.

Tough part about modding it is that the buttons are soldered to an extra PCB vs. have quick disconnects and the joystick mount is for old hori factory sticks not for JLF's.

If you can get one cheap enough that you still have money leftover to get a custom panel from @arthong , and know how to desolder the buttons you should fine.
    Received the ff today, it doesn't look like it's ever been used. Box is pristine too. #203

can't believe I got this for $200.

damn I really want to play on it. maybe I'll have to do what @hibachifinal did and make a ghetto FF.
  • noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 403

↑ I'd run that by @STEZO_ONE , he's the Barney Stinson of Fightstick-Price-Is-Right ↑

///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Ok, thanks but I guess I'll just pass.

And @undamned I always admired the quality, but that doesn't justify getting one lol
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495

The power stick is worth around 50 only if it comes with complete with box and BOTH cables. The sega power stick is worth slightly more but its hard to find that one with a box This one came with a jlw instead of the american jlf.Thanks for the shout out @Feargus001100. Hows the comic con emp stick doing?

thats about the right price for that stick missing instructions. nobody pays 500 for a stick unless its a b15sdm. or maybe a hrap se.
    edited February 2015
    It actually did end up coming with instructions and even the original receipt from 2009, despite what it said in the item description

Edit:I realize that wasnt your point, I agree with you. Just I've even seen people on here selling the chun (which is less rare from what I understand) for over 2x the original retail price.

oh, I didn't mention, I got it off Amazon while trying to find pics of the FF artwork. The other listing was for 600 or something
    Post edited by skaloola on
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,451 mod
    undamned wrote: »
    If it were mint in box, maybe. Otherwise I'd say it's a $20 item. It's not a piece of poo, but it's not that exciting either. I own 2, more for novelty than than because they are great sticks.
    -ud
    Need to also mention that some of these came with Sanwa JLWs out of the box.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    edited February 2015
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »

The power stick is worth around 50 only if it comes with complete with box and BOTH cables. The sega power stick is worth slightly more but its hard to find that one with a box This one came with a jlw instead of the american jlf.Thanks for the shout out @Feargus001100. Hows the comic con emp stick doing?
    There no such thing as an American JLF (although at one time Sanwa and Happ shared items on their part catalogs).

Capcom Power stick came with either a Sanwa JLW variant or a what looks like a Seimitsu LS-40 variant. I never seen a 3rd joystick in a Capcom power stick (does not mean one doesn't exist).

There no such thing as an American JLF (although at one time Sanwa and Happ shared items on their part catalogs).

Capcom Power stick came with either a Sanwa JLW variant or a what looks like a Seimitsu LS-40 variant. I never seen a 3rd joystick in a Capcom power stick (does not mean one doesn't exist).

You are correct! Sorrry. The two sticks were the jlw and ls 40. My mistake. THANKS @DARKSAKUL
    edited February 2015
    Hows the comic con emp stick doing?

Safe and sound in the vault collecting dust.
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 821
    Picked up a Chun Li TE for criminal prices today. The box is pretty worn/tearing, but the stick itself is in great shape.

att_1425427931367197_zpsqougihz8.jpeg

att_1425427942165121_zps7shkc8ha.jpeg
  • yomartin1yomartin1 Joined: Posts: 18
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mad-Catz-Arcade-stick-messenger/dp/B00MJ2F5LG/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A33RHKO
    Madcatz europe selling fightstick bags.

Can't order a bag idk why, im from Sweden - EU, keep getting same message like this,

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE"
    There was a problem with some of the items in your order (see below for more information):
    Arcade stick messenger bag"

I don´t think it has to do with my adress, i even tested other mcz products and they works just fine to ship my adress however, bag doesn't :(
    Anyways hope ya guys enjoy this bag if ur ordering, sad that i can't also have that cool bag, so cheap ;((((((((.