Recent Purchases and Good Finds

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,285
    It's using a SD card to IDE adapter for the HDD. As new compatible Hard drives for the Phat PS2 is getting harder and harder to find.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f20/my-ps2-hdd-setup-reading-off-sd-card-adapter-133944/
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f20/ps2-phat-fhdb-opl-setup-externally-mounted-sd-port-ripped-hdd-dvd-smb-156538/

Never pay double the retail price
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    If anyone is interested in that new PS4 razer stick they are having a customer appreciate deal where you can get a code to use on all their stock. Not sure how it calculates it but I tried it on the PS4 stick and it came up at $99 with the discount code taking off $100($199 regularly). It does requires you to make an account and sign up for the code here https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php.

Don't need but with the coupon will keep my first BNIB. Razer's deals are skrong. I'm still waiting for a deal on a new LS-40 never tried one..
    eSJvk1F.jpg
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 160
    If anyone is interested in that new PS4 razer stick they are having a customer appreciate deal where you can get a code to use on all their stock. Not sure how it calculates it but I tried it on the PS4 stick and it came up at $99 with the discount code taking off $100($199 regularly). It does requires you to make an account and sign up for the code here https://insider.razerzone.com/index.php.

These are the kind of post I like finding in this thread. People helping others find deep discounts. I was able to pass this onto someone here locally (not on the forums) and they were able to get $100 off on a Xbone Joystick. Thanks for posting it!
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 293
    edited January 19
    @Bubbledotjpg purchaed the Razer fightstick! Thank you!!
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    g'damn it @Bubbledotjpg had to do it too!

THANK YOU!!! ( i guess )

P.S. x1
    I just did it and was still able to checkout even though the t&c expiration time already passed, so if anyone still wants this, they better make a move.

P.S. x2
    Here's the fine print from the promo code eMail:

Razer CES 2017 Fan Appreciation Event – Terms and Conditions

The Razer CES 2017 Fan Appreciation Event (there-after referred to as ‘Event’ or ‘promotion’) is only applicable to the RazerStore.com, and Event Terms and Conditions apply:

This promotion is only applicable for purchases made at RazerStore.com and cannot be combined with any other offers.
    Use of the promotional code entitles you to 50% off Razer peripherals and accessories such as power adapters. Offer excludes OSVR HDK and Razer Core.
    This promotion does not apply to systems, extended warranties or products that are out of stock.
    Discounts do not apply to applicable shipping charges, customs fees and taxes.
    Each customer/shipping destination is allowed to place only one (1) order with a maximum of one (1) item.
    Only the first order from each customer/shipping destination will be accepted and any subsequent orders will be cancelled. In addition, Razer reserves the sole and absolute discretion to cancel any orders that exceed the limit stated above. Razer shall not be liable to any customer in relation to such cancellations.
    This promotion is only valid for the following periods, or while supplies last. In the event where any particular product is out of stock, Razer shall not be liable to any customers for their failure to purchase the product, even if the purchases were made within the promotional period.
    North America / Asia-Pacific customers – January 17th, 2017, 6pm PST to January 18th, 2017, 5.59pm PST
    Europe customers – January 18th, 2017, 10am CET to January 19th, 2017, 9.59am CET
    While we will strive to meet our shipping commitments, we cannot guarantee that every shipment will arrive within the quoted delivery estimate. Delays may occur as we expect higher than usual order volumes during this promotional period.
    Razer has sole discretion to interpret these terms and conditions and its decision shall be final in all cases.

This promotion shall be subject to Razer’s general terms and conditions as set out in http://www.razerzone.com/terms-conditions, which may be amended from time to time.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    For the Razer Panthera purchasers; I contacted Razer to check if these sticks are on back order, no response yet.
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 216
    I received a conformation earlier this morning that my purchase was shipped so hopefully that is good news for everyone.
    Those looking for a decent 2-Way Scart Cable in the United States I found something for you.
    6 feet SCART cable, 21-pin, multiple shieldings $13.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DYELZXE/

This is a Heavy Duty, shielded 2-way Scart cable with all 21 Pins wired. The Cable it self is really thick from extra shielding and thicker gauge wire.
    I took mine apart to look inside, each of the RGB lines have their own separate grounds wired along with their color signal as Coaxial like they should be.
    No Shared grounds is defiantly a plus, great for any Euro Scart/RGB set up. Any noise your display picks up would be from your Scart Switch or Video Device and not the Cable.

Those who use a device that use a JP21 Pin input will want to pick up a Euro Scart to JP21 adapter.

I know Scart cables is common in Europe, in in the US these things are quite rare and not many people even know about Scart in the US.
    @strfghtrmstr mine is Boxed Shipment so is ready to be ship sometimes this week.
    oodk wrote: »
    @strfghtrmstr mine is Boxed Shipment so is ready to be ship sometimes this week.

Ok thanks I did just get a response from Razer and no new info. But as long as ya'll are receiving your tracking then it's all good.
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 Stock
    PSN $5 below flash sale (Ends 1/23)
    Filtered for PS4 Titles only:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PS4G

Skull Girls 2nd encore for $4.99
    A lot of good titles on this flash sale :smile: 2017 my year to finish my backlog of bethesda/jrpgs/witcher3/etc so resisting..
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 Stock
    Missed the deals out there for a Razer Xbone Arcade stick. Fry's got your back with $30 off.

http://www.frys.com/product/8356377?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 276

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17PS4G

A lot of good titles on this flash sale :smile: 2017 my year to finish my backlog of bethesda/jrpgs/witcher3/etc so resisting..

Thanks for this. I guess I could finally start to play Sleeping Dogs. Journey though, I got it for free a few weeks back.
    Missed the deals out there for a Razer Xbone Arcade stick. Fry's got your back with $30 off.

TeamRazer on Twitter said to ignore the ticker on their site and for folks to keep trying.
    I got my tracking number so they have Panthera's in stock just 1-2business day wait to process their orders.
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 Stock

TeamRazer on Twitter said to ignore the ticker on their site and for folks to keep trying.
    I got my tracking number so they have Panthera's in stock just 1-2business day wait to process their orders.

Awesome! Well there you go. Wonder if you can get Frys to match the price if you need it in person since Fry's will match online prices. I should go there and give it a shot just to check since I have to pick up some cables and don't want to wait for them to be shipped.
    x24 wrote: »

Thanks for this. I guess I could finally start to play Sleeping Dogs. Journey though, I got it for free a few weeks back.

I haven't tried any of the Yakuzas yet but have one ready to play on PS3 via ps+ whenever I get 1 again.

We bought Primal Rage $5: Extinction, Dinosaurs vs Humans shooter. Really fun for the family and even has a LAN mode as qell as online mode. Maybe playable outside PSN?
    Kids just like running flying around as dinosaurs.

Trivial Pursuit $2.50ish, just another game for guests that are nonot gsmers we have the 'You don't know jack sets'

Skull Girls 2nd Encore $5 for all dlc and cross buy for psvita/pstv/ps4. Just watched sonic fox beat the bricks out of someone named "ducktator" in a top 16 @ Combo breaker and triggered me to try this. Good devs too, "Spar mode" at any time in middle of match?? Capcom you need to copy more of their tech you already leased their legacy drivers y not their other modes?
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 Stock
    edited January 21
    I got this NOS OEM Turbo Grafix 16 Pad for 45.99 shipped
    axx4hMU.jpg

Now I am just waiting on a Din 8 connector to make an adapter/extension cord for my PC Engine.
    edited January 27
    Hori RAP4 Kai 13% off and Madcatz Fightpad Pros 25% off at Fry's this week:

http://tinyurl.com/jewhbtt

9031007.01.prod.jpg

8982573.01.prod.jpg

Post edited by MonkeyGovernor on
  • Hanzo_HasashiHanzo_Hasashi Primal Rage rules Joined: Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »

Now I am just waiting on a Din 8 connector to make an adapter/extension cord for my PC Engine.

Hmmmm this reminds me of my boxed (MINT) TG16 (+12 sealed games, multitap, 4 pads) I left at someones house in Miami 5 years ago.

Better call soon.

Darksakul wrote: »

Hmmmm this reminds me of my boxed (MINT) TG16 (+12 sealed games, multitap, 4 pads) I left at someones house in Miami 5 years ago.

Better call soon.

I got my Din 8 connectors, in. They were shipping in from China.
    Adapter cable works like a charm.
    Manage to purchase 2 Nintendo Nes Mini for retail yesterday. I am 2 for 2
    Promo code NEW15 get's you 15% off at the MadCatz online store right now.

https://shopmadcatz.com/collections/street-fighter-v

Also... although not suuuper rare, white colored TE2 sides are instock =)
    edited February 5
    The Y/Pb/Pr input is what would make that display awesome.
    It is all 480i, but that is how CRT screens operate as Interlace (not progressive).

I wonder how this device performs with HD Retrovision cables (they just convert RGBs to Y/Pb/Pr with no change in resolution).
    Assuming this TV can accept 240p Y/Pb/Pr. Most likely yes it should due to it's analog nature.
    Also a good RGBs to Y/Pb/Pr converter might be worth it for retro consoles.

• BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,393
    Friend sold me his 2nd gen silent jlf for $20 Canadian. He said it was defective but I doubt it's something I can't fix.
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 121
    That's a pretty good deal. I wonder what the issue is.
    edited February 11
    hyp36rmax wrote: »
    That's a pretty good deal. I wonder what the issue is.

He said something about the up direction being kinda wonky on his stick. I might just need to desolder the switch and move it a bit closer to the actuator

EDIT: It plugged and played just fine in my madcatz v.s. I guess he just didnt install it correctly.
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 493
    edited February 11
    I've been scouring various sites for Dreamcast gear lately and found this bundle up for auction on Goodwill:
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Sega-Dreamcast-HkT-3010-Bundle-36934007.html

The description states that everything is untested an the console's model number is HKT-3010, which is for a JP model.
    Auction price is current up at $86, but it comes with a metric shit-ton of accessories. I have the current held bid, but I have all I need at this point.
    If anyone is interested, take a look.
    jopamo wrote: »
    I've been scouring various sites for Dreamcast gear lately and found this bundle up for auction on Goodwill:
    https://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Sega-Dreamcast-HkT-3010-Bundle-36934007.html

The description states that everything is untested an the console's model number is HKT-3010, which is for a JP model.
    Auction price is current up at $86, but it comes with a metric shit-ton of accessories. I have the current held bid, but I have all I need at this point.
    If anyone is interested, take a look.

Light guns were pretty tuff to get stateside back in the day, so that might be worth a few extra shekels, plus green goblin, so definitely a good get if you win it!
    edited February 17
    MadCatz Joystick on Sale for $169 for this week only.

8717791.01.prod.jpg

http://www.frys.com/product/8717791?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 493
    edited March 1
    $50?! That's a steal! Bravo!
  • ReirakuReiraku Joined: Posts: 730
    So, who wants to play "how much did Rei spend today?"

Here's the haul:
    rEmHGNW.jpg
    I5qmNlX.jpg
    LzVDZdA.jpg

Not pictured: NES Mario Bros/Duck Hunt and Yoshi for the original Game Boy.
    Much less
    $129.99
    $42
  • anzharanzhar five times Joined: Posts: 877
    aah...

the kind of bargains I only ever get to read about but never get myself
  • Evolution169Evolution169 Wake up DP is unbeatable Joined: Posts: 1,003
    anzhar wrote: »
    aah...

the kind of bargains I only ever get to read about but never get myself
    In my experience, you gotta be actively searching every day for deals like that. Checking craigslist all day, going yard sale hunting on friday and saturday morning, and flea markets every weekend.
    Alternatively, work in a pawn shop
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,042
    Reiraku wrote: »
    Alternatively, work in a pawn shop

Seems like that could be good or bad. It would suck to deal with like a crackhead tryna sell 14 sealed copies of Madden 15.

• LittleJimmy1983LittleJimmy1983 Macho Madness Joined: Posts: 888
    It would suck to deal with like a crackhead tryna sell 14 sealed copies of Madden 15.
    Substitute Madden 15 for sealed boxed sets of movies on DVD or sealed seasons of TV shows on DVD and you have my fondest memories of working at GameStop when they took in DVD's for trade-ins.
    ABACABB.
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 208
    hori mini for $7 at Amazon. says its New and I guess the guy has a bunch of them. I got one cause I only want the pcb. hopefully I don't get screwed.
    HORI Fighting Stick Mini 4 for PlayStation 4 and 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMEW4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ru90yb76JVKZ2