Recent Purchases and Good Finds

Comments

• pzlatepzlate When's Breakers Joined: Posts: 928
    Maybe they're bootleg ps-14-gs
  • buyproductbuyproduct Chemist for Hire Joined: Posts: 1,035
    pzlate wrote: »
    I found this and I can't tell if these are PS-14-GX buttons, anyone know?

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/201886431

No, these can't be, the legs on the switch are at the cente, but they're not offset like current seimitsu switches.

Look like the old Namco buttons.
    "weekly 8 on the break tournaments >>> cali majors " skyet
    "Lol, the break is pretty serious when the real players show up, because everyone is a killer! " Dr. Chaos
    8 on the Break weekly thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=194801
  • NENDONENDO I will meditate and then destroy you. Joined: Posts: 3,351
    Aliexpress has all manner of bootleg arcade parts. There are strange things out there.
  • deseradadeserada Joined: Posts: 564
    Back again for another month's update! I'll try to get back into the swing of this.

20150906_153305.jpg

Link to original post with writeup here.
  • donsanitydonsanity Joined: Posts: 34
    edited September 2015
    [img][/img]image_zps0uwajw6n.jpg
    Found this on eBay for $75. Gonna paint and customize to hopefully resemble a Diamond VLX.
  • appoappo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Joined: Posts: 4,772
    edited September 2015
    $_12.JPG
    Xbox 360 Street Fighter FightPad - Ryu
    for 14,40€uro including shipping from ebay and its in a good condition.

• PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    Good pad while it lasts (many reports of the pad wearing out with heavy use), great pcb to padhack as well.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,245
    Good pad while it lasts (many reports of the pad wearing out with heavy use), great pcb to padhack as well.
    I think the Mad Catz Street Fighter Fight Pads true value is in it's being easy to be pad hack over being a fightpad.

It has a reasonably good d-pad for a modern fight pad, but they tend to wear out quickly for my taste.
    So when it does wear out, as long as the PCB still works you can sell it and get some of your money back.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 191
    Guys, don't know how long the deal is going for, but Play-Asia has Street Fighter x Tekken sticks for sale for $79.99 (usually around $180). Get em before they sell out.

http://www.play-asia.com/street-fighter-x-tekken-arcade-fightstick-pro-tournament-edition/13/704krj
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,471
    Darksakul wrote: »
    I think the Mad Catz Street Fighter Fight Pads true value is in it's being easy to be pad hack over being a fightpad.

It has a reasonably good d-pad for a modern fight pad, but they tend to wear out quickly for my taste.
    So when it does wear out, as long as the PCB still works you can sell it and get some of your money back.

Yeah, it's nice to have a fallback use. I still use my original SF4 pad on certain non fighting games where a pad is preferable (and where a pad gets far less wear). Also, I have a few replacement contact pads from padhacking Brawlpads, so it should last quite a while longer.
    Guys, don't know how long the deal is going for, but Play-Asia has Street Fighter x Tekken sticks for sale for $79.99 (usually around $180). Get em before they sell out.

http://www.play-asia.com/street-fighter-x-tekken-arcade-fightstick-pro-tournament-edition/13/704krj

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.
    edited September 2015

yeah i know.
    i had a sfxt pad from madcatz which doesnt hold up even a half year.
    got my money back and switched to original ss controller which i use
    on pc next to my hitbox.

i bought it for two reasons. i am able to play on a xbox with it for local scene meetings when
    i dont want to take the hb with me and i might get a very cheap ps3 te1 stick which propbably
    will not work on my pc so i can use the pcb from the pad and swap it out.

• FR0STBIT3FR0STBIT3 Joined: Posts: 56
    Just got a confirmation email of shipped SCV TE metal panel for $16 off ebay. Will have to get rid of the Vewlix panel soon or keep it as a backup.
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,660
    edited September 2015

Anyone order this? Curious about the shipping cost

Edit: had to switch to desktop site.

$55.90.

Woof.
    Be well.
    FR0STBIT3 wrote: »
    Just got a confirmation email of shipped SCV TE metal panel for $16 off ebay. Will have to get rid of the Vewlix panel soon or keep it as a backup.

Almost jumped at this and realized I already have one.
  • jellyrajahjellyrajah Joined: Posts: 248
    Look at this sweet haul
    nd1BA6c.jpg

I was lucky enough to find these two games at a Goodwill, the Smash Bro Melee case has a memory card left inside
    Both together was $6 plus tax.

Great find! The Melee discs can be pretty expensive these days with the massive amount of interest in the game.
    jellyrajah wrote: »
    Look at this sweet haul
    nd1BA6c.jpg

I was lucky enough to find these two games at a Goodwill, the Smash Bro Melee case has a memory card left inside
    Both together was $6 plus tax.

Great find! The Melee discs can be pretty expensive these days with the massive amount of interest in the game.

The Melee box also had a memory card left inside =)
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ~6 yr.'s after MarkMan rebooted MadCatz's peripherals I'm getting my first MadCatz TE/SE.. It's a PS3 TE-S a shell of its former self.
    No ball top
    No restrictor plate
    No plexi glass
    No pushbuttons

Paid $25.00 for everything else shipped disassembled. I have vinyl wrap for the control panel, ball/battops, Kuros/OBSFs. Only thing I'm lacking is a JLF restrictor plate.

Doesn't toodles make a superior restrictor gate? And who sells it?

Plan to throw in the back of my car and eventually dual mod for 360 or a brooks converter. And keep an eye out for a used Hayabusa unless I end up liking the JLF.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 104
    Paid $25.00 for everything else shipped disassembled.

Damn, what?? Awesome deal. And here I was planning on selling an SE shell here for $40 shipped... :|

I am probably the biggest fan of the TE-S shells. It's got enough room on the inside for all manner of PCBs and it's deep enough for Sanwa OBSF-30RGs, but it's still thin and wide enough to play comfortably on your lap. They're the best-looking (established fact and not up for debate), with no dumb upward slope like with the Hori RAP (are there any candy cab panels that slope upward?), and have the most customization options with Art's Hobbies. I plan on modding a second TE in the future because it was just so much fun the first time.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,884
    Most candy cabs have a slight downward slope towards you, old cabs like the SFII have big slopes, I think the only cabs that don't are ones like the Vewlix(what the TE is modeled after) Sega Lindbergh, Namco Noir etc
    edited September 2015
    Toodles makes a circular restrictor insert, not the whole plate, it's available at godlikecontrols.com. The type of 8 way restrictor profile (square, octagon, circle) you choose is ultimately subjective.
    Post edited by PresidentCamacho on
    edited September 2015
    just found a ps2 slim with a dualshock2 pad in a trash container next to my living place.
    pad seems to work (tested it on pc via adapter), ps2 goes on but the cable to
    connect it to a tv/monitor is missing so i cant say if it works or not...thats what i call a find :P
    Post edited by appo on

• StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 541 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Toodles makes a circular restrictor insert, not the whole plate, it's available at . The type of 8 way restrictor profile (square, octagon, circle) you choose is ultimately subjective.

Ill try octagonal, I've used square gate on every stick I've owned and woukd like to try another flavor. The diagnol inputs are probably a lot stricter though.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,609
    N6eZCak.jpg
    tumblr_mmrss9VMVj1s6aepxo1_250.gif
  • triple_leitriple_lei Fan of green-mouthed Zangief Joined: Posts: 104
    Last week I got a purple PS2 Saturn controller for what I thought was a good deal (a little over $90 shipped), and it worked great on my PS2.

I tried it on my PlayStation TV via iNPiN adapter and it didn't work, which I thought was strange. Then I tried it on my PS2 again and it didn't work there either! I thought I must have fried the controller or something, but then I took a look at the pins in the controller plug and I noticed one of the pins was pushed in pretty far. I had to use tweezers to get the pin back up again.

Trying it on the PS2 again, it worked, but it still wouldn't work with the iNPiN. I figured it was just such a tight fit on the iNPiN that some pins would get pushed down. So I ordered some PS2 extension cables hoping it would be a workaround, and today I'm playing Capcom Classic Collections Reloaded on the PSTV with a Saturn pad like God intended.

And with this most expensive controller in my possession, I'll start daydreaming about an FGW Converter + MC Cthulhu + UD-USB Decoder combo for the Saturn pad on everything. B)
    Reiraku wrote: »
    Just picked up a Hori Soul Calibur V ps3 stick for $32. Haven't even gotten it home and the wife is already talking about what buttons to put in it.

I love my N HRAP. Also a SCV but for 360.

IMAG0045.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Z5wrGYZ.jpg
    Somehow managed to snag this on Kijiji amidst the PS360-pocalypse. Got it for 60 flat, which I think is a good price considering I didn't have to worry about converting from USD and tacking on customs fees.

Now all I need is an Imp and my Xbone Atrox will be set!

(Also goddamn these boards are tiny)
    Post edited by BolSadguy on
  • Digital-Digital- TRVP LORD Joined: Posts: 2,216
    Early Christmas present, brand new VSHG 120 bucks.

euMGACdMP7xZTEaPNi1F55iZv4-yufv10YA_x_uJT14PHrFSV2LEsXAcR1A1itejA-f0456cl08VULoVxMawUIJSV5PL1k2NhOTfUdnHwY6k3_PSzhWfQ8U7Sm5tTExOTJL43BrYVOO5d4mOsgPAhwrYvE0RBeciDoVcnNL-V7Sp_k2DiOyhC8u1_JNMo6UbTgWTMfRCKAyAXCeukArNSAAVzye4MJICl9XSlLXp0oSAQfWwpdJVRLkjzG23X6aWvq2f8sKP_T6Z04yPNPTniIxZkboKD2Fw68HbtUdNyXOrd70Hd2I2HBjvrhKkeldFmr_sj5VuxYBlLNt_Y-4SrP7uL4-sQ_Q4pku5H798Xhjq14YeHUW3WIC5n6x616m7HU0bm_zGdpJRc3hkyQsjrbLbILFhZQv-SKpuMjCnx6ogS7TBp5yEGZQwHhAaF5R9IRQnGKr--xGFPzbo6KD7MXzvIoUme6qcAuHqCeuqdt-o9_tabLNPowEAdWcqoqMYV-iZkT0HlMLC6tGH_Qr4JljL_Gxux8fkN7hundZEkbk=w1698-h955-no

Mint condition box, S revision, brand new never used ect.
    cPIM8T_RU53OhDY6CzkWfJmOH-vNiiZItlFQHmsdvK2OnigRE-0uMqpUCOwQU2jx8VAUP8iOGkHm2VvnfSYSRsc37t9PZUsmEM1tEBem30Ib_r-YiaIhBJPikr_d4aFv86iLjvJ6kbhP9pZ1MPRVQT6adZ9u_HXygen4SPh8_UoROAMYW4DLUEfzC5_pYd4r6kovn6hXnKhBK-g4ZP5yqufjSDSHA26rYu2-Dujo2UbgPKLTdGSzgP0TXh560Ksbqm37dISqXy3j8kIGq2m6YVGRn3CAweCSPrxO31eUSWELhwUMILIxykF28VltocXOj2aBTui5nytYOikb4gcdSNe-WB_65NsBccUbYYj-x0p80okOgHpYZG8ahHeud2hl5LAT-GFVHucerKTkeCG4vB7VxFrhOmKPzPfZaEuou-NKXM2Adq6NzlrJFGPU_dg0DtzroyBXB-exgPx2pTjnlrbsXV0e08qvFLU4NKjRjZ0BlqSXsoKWz8_UPlcoBh727sBSoGEItHtfNC6YRCs--QC0bQEb3oNUWBTKpIUNSwM=w538-h955-no
    TkbqsqNXcw0qjn-HjG8KjYMdlMHBckqDvaX-MdO5jV_kHHqEwC0pj1kjsqE7fM6Th0ZX6JyONyi8DkONBv0-htrhOaASLn2BVN3RM_Ut6TcfjRNhKPNx3C-Arb4B1_YHQkVGKjuRdn0D4DCH77kjzbL6WN4DUdao7GYbdPZRTjp-Dod9mkzgZZnkPPBL9K8eej3gUywZ76cDOyOqftqrZmC5eV6rOTZmActeoQPjE6jYe5_6tJfhAYWUSYroxRileLdWFF263vCffEtnGTiQ1OAk5aotPPJlKP4eAIlQWz6Vx369H6JvRkoOjRS2tKKcary6Wu1XmJHD67rgdI3bMdBkM8qVo2FmUoWETYrTbjKPk6fWc5tP6ujjzJOq6KMXgQCL_h3hZoP4UnJPm_0fV_RE-DIYLVB7JnxyusncehDlNKSh8PGAr5CqwdY2fJnIpoGJCa-XHDrSO5uJ1JgUHSTDp67utIGpuh28c0ml-9X9DpYQiQt7HMZDpUL7yf0q_7m880sBorvlOG7Jdft9DNPg34-AMcr-xDGG3AfKJ5E=w538-h955-no
    BrOj9gyJ-82erhISuJILtRX095DGzBOtThRDNXjtS92mxm5tDlgjrQspkcpm4V-ylxjrMLoMSEdoEhGe_-1fsue3t2fy38lbWWgaNztW0g-OCDLxZrEXwXtoqTnNfnK7eoh5dSiBVL4mkm262oA_yqJg75ZuE0qz_GFYmUGdPKXOOXlLqTJi9AS5GsJ9LzagXxIWE0BB8r8HwIcdMbAfZkeKiiScidl7ZcprA7HkdpDbYFeOJdv74t-SOjmeBE6EiNw7b6FrBX_qjXWJvmeB4K5XJasTd10Fj8JRe8-UpmzsQKRw7Fa2DwyILidnl_5LCZzH6JIZy3dDWOeJfl2F_CoKeNL-PkIaiurVC05X50vTSJ4WomlPLiouefRcLLj01G1Kde7AAILazs_CI-DidtGaijeTd4xTTa8i6HcTtJjvBzKLfXd_9xOzMami1a-gKHTQIvt7LeZjWkrA9R1nR_5wGIigUhVCycdtDSjwWURqx-KSIHZxbS3WOluDRgVakR1ft0JcJIncly8TsGulefJ9SwQR_hm64GoimgGOONk=w538-h955-no
    y0cN4LRRS7xtZztiqgK1sRWooWtZJ0dXzuCQixNJc9L0o2iMIayrb8qb4jodTqVifpud8RId7Vkzu56G_BUGbN9w6DetV6BNxGrtZ63mAtmCuP5b-HcmnQldhXXjXtr0o_hTbMfompVp97VFZTYQCcgsuS7diFEt91lALNNcmP0h-Eov-nRWq6Bg0olxTlVB-sm5qL36AXA6eqnNf9O7Of9kLW0lCtifRrZ11ToNkNRnoyCwQlFq_cViV5_nhLI-crEp7e4_CIRILN86eixZdE1mt_98siJjsR0PUZSh1Bb44mSlnCyzlOTj1eoUj7Xdx8VwDnIClwJ9Mh_jD9ueqGI5uc614qPz0Bs9NKKxeYkB3ymGfYYJ0orUb1-YJD34CABh1hscXlDM4w1ElFNlp6tyhL-n8vDy9iY36IHvR7ynJi5ahnZhrcYIp7R19fwTiYMl8g6z66QAHvQ9dqyRRDwMgmYDwDsuuasEF1H9Yuys1jBwrLL0jws45KdZqP6EnFSbd5GCrpemjbGz6DCIU398vQ80b5OWlWj8R-4qRrM=w538-h955-no
    izwRuwpsPbAEzwZwuYCIwdoYEs0FFgfV6-E5zp_B9BVgeufoirkfTkEdw8oQwLhFe7VcdU6yLyOEcySrc1MIG7TRw4WjIwYhtO1-QLrOj7nSgMxV-qRZWDYt6t6W8k2PVubmKnF-zDrU5J0VwIUNJ8-qKGB6GUk44Tpc2dXBb9sXiaTn_RMo3ynOnQX0d0Fs6vrmTExJP2igIjXBdorF9ZCCc8-f9Mdswq7vego_be_oTUHDcckHNClSwiP6JUCny7E5xrSOoVhhEr7JnCQZaxVbUWXaI8OXbOyf8BfVVXAoMTNLmShxEqPl56Pb96RvfJRabN_nl_d6qpBtll8hSks-r8udnqkDbjTL5WSIYlXwQGmFlVcyozPCMYEkUc4WlsWJMUN2HeL7XsVv2_ZTZKP2O4LxYpm1ZHnzlBdu4bkNv7d0c_huGTdNI_PuSPbXL1WU992aZ30-hvWeSMVe_bGfyRt4PhKQj85kNU7YMWtHQvCaa--FmDyg-DefcQR2pqMQYCc-D9GRbrqbp3Hw3i5Ko9MFGgtSFAF-BGrzFOs=w538-h955-no
    I got a job with the mob making G's, doing some pick-ups, deliveries and transporting keys.
    ApIPknF.jpg
    Picked these up from The Source on my way home from the doctor's. Now I can (pretend that I can) do some basic mods.
  • x24x24 Eiffel Tower! Joined: Posts: 280
    Found an elusive Viera L32X1 in case people are still looking for a low lag 32" tv for their arcade cab in the DC metro area.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/5333439209.html
  • deseradadeserada Joined: Posts: 564
    PS- Wipeout 3 is one of the best racing games of all time and has one of the best soundtracks of all time
    Word. That's an amazing deal, dude. Cherish it.

• manbehindthewiresmanbehindthewires Consider yourself lightly, consider the world deeply Joined: Posts: 947
    edited December 2015
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVk3o2LXAAA_V9D.jpg

(Image not embedding with [/img] for whatever reason...)

Yukawa Box Edition NTSC-J Dreamcast, Dreamcast GD Vol.3, Third Strike and Lotus Challenge on the MegaDrive (not pictured) all for £50 from a shop/collector in Birmingham, UK.

As with a lot of the Yukawa Dreamcasts, it's got that tobacco yellowing all over the console and controller. Thinking of doing a worklog of me getting it back to its original color in the new year
    Post edited by manbehindthewires on
    SFV: Chun Li [CFN: thewires / manbehindthewires]
    Third Strike: Alex/Ibuki [Fightcade: MBTW]
    Here to learn.