Columbus, OH - Made you look, Avi!

Comments

• doragonkoroshidoragonkoroshi Joined: Posts: 1,225
    I had a DDR friend come last year, pay, and stayed for like 20 min cos he said he didn't like how crowded it was, lol.

you crook lol.
    "My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
    "...That's rough, buddy."
  • RakaeRakae Be there... Joined: Posts: 854
    I have a torrent somewhere that's got thousands of the marquees and front ends.

I will have to get that off you.
    Vortex < Bortex
  • hitstunhitstun Get it together! Joined: Posts: 264
    I'm pretty sure you can emulate mouse stuff with joy2key or something.
    Yeah, I can set up JoyToKey to make the right analog stick move the mouse and R3 do a left click. That should work for everything, but it requires a Dualshock to be plugged in. As for snaps, I only have the official current MAME set from the torrent. It's missing a lot of games, and I don't use the marquees or anything else. I also have snaps for some of the other emulators, but I haven't gotten them to work right with MaLa yet. The snaps don't have the (U) or [!] or whatever in their names, so MaLa doesn't find them.

$25 is a good price for Season's Beatings 4, since it's for the full weekend. Overcrowdedness will be a serious issue, so I hope the layout will be better than in previous years.
    "Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!" -Bowser
    http://hitstun.bakamostudios.com
  • DJ_SanDJ_San rendezvous? Joined: Posts: 1,536
    Daigo AND Justin at SB IV?
    Shit that settles it, WOULD ANYONE VOLUNTEER TO BE MY SPARRING PARTNER?
    Edit : .. And unless Ghaleon doesn't mind me paying in person, I may have to ask you, Lucky Day sometime at Gameworks to get me in, I'll probably pay you when I get the cash, you know the drill.
    [18:03] <@AviH20>; infinite iced coffee def owns. | [17:46] <Sketch> i can feel my sperm getting blasted everytime i take a sip of the dew
  • TiggyTiggy j.B loop > Skittles Joined: Posts: 2,060
    I think I'll brush up on my Japanese so I can nuthug Daigo....IN JAPANESE
    ????????????????????????????????
    welcome sir i got combos nowson watch out!

All I need you to do is crouch block in the corner so I can break your Guard Meter
    But but but but. . . there's a MAME cab in the living room. What's the point?

But but but but. . . MY FIGHT MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYY
    Kludge: i don't think it's fair to compare professionnal fighting games to doujins like sfxt

<BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> thats the goal of ah3
    <BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> stay out of jail long enough to be the best
  • WaInutWaInut Loli dunkin ftw Joined: Posts: 1,293
    Daigo AND Justin at SB IV?
    Shit that settles it, WOULD ANYONE VOLUNTEER TO BE MY SPARRING PARTNER?
    Edit : .. And unless Ghaleon doesn't mind me paying in person, I may have to ask you, Lucky Day sometime at Gameworks to get me in, I'll probably pay you when I get the cash, you know the drill.
    I'll play with you on the PC, I really want to practice up now.
    He's like this American Hero type character, then he's the fuckin main character in the movie. I always related Ryu and Ken as kinda those "secondary twin characters" similar to Phil and Lil.
  • Crimson_Zero12Crimson_Zero12 ¬_¬ SIDE-EYE MADNESS ¬_¬ Joined: Posts: 659
    I wasn't complaining, I was asking when it was raised. . .

. . .if I was complaining, I'd say how I'm not paying because $45 (venue fee/bb/Mahvel) is too much for games that I'm not quite comfortable playing at a pro level. But because it's irrelevant and it's my own fault and not yours, I keep it to myself. However, I wouldn't mind casuals. :coffee:
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk
    ^
    Wayne, who was that directed at? :looney: I don't mind paying that much, granted I get hella casuals in since I, too, am not good enough to compete at pro level
    Kludge: i don't think it's fair to compare professionnal fighting games to doujins like sfxt

I'll play with you on the PC, I really want to practice up now.

I'd love to take you on. Message me as needed to over STEAM.

The coolest shit ever to come out since the motherfucking dreamcast

22 Dollars too, neat.
    [18:03] <@AviH20>; infinite iced coffee def owns. | [17:46] <Sketch> i can feel my sperm getting blasted everytime i take a sip of the dew
    Tiggy: Ghaleon, I think. I feel that he thought I was bitching.
    "The true indication of a good fighting game – playability, not balance" -Clockw0rk
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    We might want to go ahead and get a plan for a hotel room for casuals for SBIV....

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7362746&postcount=462

I will get it taken care of this weekend. Anyone who wants to chip in pm me or get at me sometime.

Yea, I'll throw some money in for sure. lol

and yea, I need to get in touch with you.

Thursday & Friday night, and all day Saturday after noon.:lovin:
  • MrBlastyV2MrBlastyV2 on Blast Joined: Posts: 1,600
    games tonight
    www.columbusfightinggames.com
    PM from MR WIZARD "Your avatar has received several complaints. I had to remove it." LMAO
    games tonight

Best two words I heard all week.
    Vortex < Bortex
  • RyujinflameRyujinflame Bald Eagle, Amazing! Joined: Posts: 316
    I haven't had a decent night home to myself recently, so I'll pass on tonight and practice some BB/SF4 at home. See everyone tomorrow though.
    "What is DHC Glitch? That means you can do a combo into another combo with a super, but that combo, is not landing any combo, but if he knockdown, it's still a combo. You understand?"
    How doez I do Fiery Upperpunch?
  • Clembo2021Clembo2021 Who reads this? Joined: Posts: 534
    Man, maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I don't even remember paying any venue fee last year, lol. Then again it was utter madness at the front gate, so who knows. There was a random dude collecting money from the crowd and all I could remember thinking is "How easy would it be to just SAY you're collecting money outside the door to speed up the line when in reality you're just some random dude".

BTW I'll be there tonight at around 9. Hitstun I'll have your stuff, and I'm bringing that arcade stick so you can check it out Lucky.
  • poonpoon always get a receipt Joined: Posts: 1,260
    How doez I do Fiery Upperpunch?

ITS CALLED ALLYOUCAN! HIT F10 ON KEYBOARD! HIT EVERYTHING REAL FAST ON PS#!

tiggy, i've levelled up that kung fu girl. be afraid. and the cat is not broken.
    I'm the hero Bamboo Stick... who are you?
  • TheKiestTheKiest Joined: Posts: 231
    Argh....

I got called in for work tonight, I'm not going to be able to make it tonight OR tomorrow.

Daigo and Wong at SB4.... wow just wow...
    "Blazblue is a game that favors characters that can zone, rushdown, or both. Unfortunately for Hakumen, he is not capable of doing any of these."
    Tekken: Lee, Paul, Law BB: Ragna, Hakumen
    hahaha just saw wayne quote the cake farts thing
    PM from MR WIZARD "Your avatar has received several complaints. I had to remove it." LMAO
  • bbing51bbing51 Joined: Posts: 332
    Does the "No selling till after 6 months and 50 post " have to be exactly 6 months. My 6 months comes up on Sept. 17...not too far off and I am wanting to sell some stuff like my Nintendo DSI, SF4 TE stick, and T5 stick if Hupp isnt wanting it.

I dont want to break any rules or anything.

Also when its 65 degrees out I will start making it out to Brents....its 84 degrees right now.
  • LuckyDayLuckyDay Joined: Posts: 2,870
    Does the "No selling till after 6 months and 50 post " have to be exactly 6 months. My 6 months comes up on Sept. 17...not too far off and I am wanting to sell some stuff like my Nintendo DSI, SF4 TE stick, and T5 stick if Hupp isnt wanting it.

I dont want to break any rules or anything.

Also when its 65 degrees out I will start making it out to Brents....its 84 degrees right now.

You will want to wait, they'll close your thread.

You giving up on us? Why you getting rid of all the sticks?
    Evil will always triumph... Because good is dumb....

"I can do the corner infinite on cyclops like 25% of the time" - Governor
    ITS CALLED ALLYOUCAN! HIT F10 ON KEYBOARD! HIT EVERYTHING REAL FAST ON PS#!

I sayed you Fire Upperpunch, not super-cool-flashy-glowy-yellow-upperpunch.
    You will want to wait, they'll close your thread.

You giving up on us? Why you getting rid of all the sticks?

Quits....nope. I am buying a custom stick from drangel and I will always keep my sweet ass SF Anniv Stick, plus I have a custom SF4 SE stick.

I wanted to sell some stuff to make room for the custom stick plus I need to get a DSLR camera....well dont need to but want to.
    I wanted to sell some stuff to make room for the custom stick plus I need to get a DSLR camera....well dont need to but want to.

You're about two months too late, I just sold my old one.

That's cool though, forgot you got that new SE.

You're about two months too late, I just sold my old one.

That's cool though, forgot you got that new SE.

Any recommendations ...I was looking at getting the Canon EOS XSI.
  • drangel1drangel1 Joined: Posts: 93
    Any recommendations ...I was looking at getting the Canon EOS XSI.

I just picked up the XSi this summer and love it. I'd recommend picking it up with the kit lens plus the 50mm 1.8.

Can't wait until I'll be home a Wednesday or Thursday instead of traveling for work. May be awhile....
  • JimSenseiJimSensei MWA Joined: Posts: 213
    SBIV is going to be insane....

Someone sell me an arcade stick! I'll plop 70 on one and even drive out to c-Bus to get it. I need to get back into the scene, baby!
    SBIV is going to be insane....

Someone sell me an arcade stick! I'll plop 70 on one and even drive out to c-Bus to get it. I need to get back into the scene, baby!

What kind of stick are you looking for.... ps2 , ps3, xbox360
    GGs tonite fellas, and big thanks for playing Melty Blood with me
    tiggy, i've levelled up that kung fu girl. be afraid. and the cat is not broken.

I've leveled her up too ;) I finally figured out how to combo into that flying kick of hers. And no the cat isn't broken, just really annoying to deal with
    hahaha just saw wayne quote the cake farts thing

That shit was TOO funny

• poonpoon always get a receipt Joined: Posts: 1,260
    I've leveled her up too ;) I finally figured out how to combo into that flying kick of hers. And no the cat isn't broken, just really annoying to deal with

yeah i saw the h/f combos. c's pressure game is too much tho. get ready to play guess strike. :)

edit: and i think direction + e is like cvs2 EO's simple specials/throws etc.
    I'm the hero Bamboo Stick... who are you?
  • MaDDock123MaDDock123 Real life Dj Hero Joined: Posts: 143
    daigo comes to ohio, good shit. justin cant see him at anything.

good 2 games i played tonight. i wasnt planning on going to gameworks, but i might. this will be my last week for a while if i do breakdown and decide to go.

good luck to everyone going to the naptown tournament. you have nobody from ohio to worry about except funkdoc and chicago if they show and probably 3 dudes from indy. represent columbus and play or practice against seth!!

@ mrblasty no triton, only those REAL synths

-Cell

@ mrblasty no triton, only those REAL synths

-Cell

korg got a new synth every month its like a game for them to see how many black wannabe producers they can get to buy them "Manyou got that new triton, dem beats is so fresh!"

Tiggy-we should have a list of who every one is at the begining of the thread like cincy its tuff to keep track of all these kids
    Tiggy-we should have a list of who every one is at the begining of the thread like cincy its tuff to keep track of all these kids

I agree, there are people who I've seen 10 times that I still don't know the name of.

Good games to everyone last night. Blasty as always you are the man.

I will be at GW tonight around 8-9, Remember the longest win streak gets a one hour game works card.
    Vortex < Bortex
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    hey guys, i'm archie and i went to avi's place last saturday. good games on blazblue (guy with hakumen but working on a normal character) even though i got destroyed haha. still working on getting good with the arcade stick but i need a smaller one because i have the big sf anniversary edition. so if anyone's selling one hit me up?

i might be able to go to gameworks tonight if work's cancelled but does anyone even play maximum tune? that's all im gonna play haha.
    so if anyone's selling one hit me up?.

Whatcha lookin' for?

And LMAO at Brent for joining the Cake Farts rebellion. Winking cornholes for all!
  • Tim StaticTim Static Kid Thunder!! Joined: Posts: 4,635 mod
    Change thread title (again) to "Columbus, Ohio - We got Diago and you dont!! :p"
    Newer people start posting your gamertag+real name, or just PM it to me, either one is fine.
    I'm trying to decide whether or not I wanna go to GW tonight. T6BR is the only appeal to me right now, I don't have my strats and combos memorized yet, and to top it off I'm tired and a little stressed from work. We'll see

I'm tired and a little stressed from work. We'll see

Why you tug on hood? :<
    And another thing while I'm thinking about it: If you happen to use someone else's stick, try and be mindful of how you use it. Avi had one of his buttons broken on his stick last night, and quite frankly, I'd be pissed if somebody broke something on my Byrdo. Just saying