Columbus, OH - Made you look, Avi!

Comments

• DJ_SanDJ_San rendezvous? Joined: Posts: 1,536
    Melty Blood AA
    [18:03] <@AviH20>; infinite iced coffee def owns. | [17:46] <Sketch> i can feel my sperm getting blasted everytime i take a sip of the dew
  • TiggyTiggy j.B loop > Skittles Joined: Posts: 2,060
    yeah I agree with cygnus, EFZ most anime fg out there. period. it was anime game before anime games existed. i can learn along with you Sketch if you want seeing as i only played EFZ a couple of times like two years ago and forget everything i learned
    Kludge: i don't think it's fair to compare professionnal fighting games to doujins like sfxt

<BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> thats the goal of ah3
    <BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> stay out of jail long enough to be the best
  • dudefelladudefella Mr. Perfection Joined: Posts: 168
    Body by Kyokugen.
  • cygnuscygnus going up Joined: Posts: 977
    I don't care if you guys want to troll

I just want to separate the casual players and the Serious " I want to level up" players.
    We just don't have enough dedicated players and im trying to change that.
    Laugh at me now but myself and others will REVIVE Columbus Fighting Game Community.
    are you going to make a good fighting game
  • JimSenseiJimSensei MWA Joined: Posts: 213
    hey guys, i am a serious want to level up player where do i sign????
  • AthrexAthrex Joined: Posts: 414
    I want to play an anime fighter. What is the most anime game out there?

Jimmy would probably kill for people to play CS2 with. Of course then you have to deal with his Noel bullshit.
  • SketchSketch hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut Joined: Posts: 132
    i can learn along with you Sketch if you want seeing as i only played EFZ a couple of times like two years ago and forget everything i learned

Only if we eat pocky and wear cat ears.

But yes I want to learn. Let's set that shit up.
  • hitstunhitstun Get it together! Joined: Posts: 264
    Season's Beatings: Velocity is October 14-16. This is the last one at MOMO2. Ghaleon and Fugee are joined by Nomrah. Team Spooky returns. Games are MvC3, SSF4AE, 3s teams, ST cabs, and MK9. MvC2 is invitation only.
    PowerUp Podcast Episode 62 interview with Ghaleon and nomrah
    Season's Beatings: Velocity Shoryuken thread

Also, there will be a PC version of MBAACC on a Japanese Blu-Ray of the Melty Blood anime in December. I don't need any other anime fighters.
    Melty Bread on MBAACC

(Edit: fixed all the broken links)
    "Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!" -Bowser
    http://hitstun.bakamostudios.com
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160
    Jimmy would probably kill for people to play CS2 with. Of course then you have to deal with his Noel bullshit.

Something tells me that he actually wants a good anime game to play, not the most anime one lol.
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."
  • RakaeRakae Be there... Joined: Posts: 854
    I want to play an anime fighter. What is the most anime game out there?

My vote it vanguard princess. It is not the best game for anime combos but its really fun and easy to play.

I would love it if we all played this game.

Also if anyone is looking for a place to stay I might have a room available. Comparative flat fee and a discount if you play street fighter.
    Vortex < Bortex
    My vote it vanguard princess. It is not the best game for anime combos but its really fun and easy to play.

I would love it if we all played this game.

Also if anyone is looking for a place to stay I might have a room available. Comparative flat fee and a discount if you play street fighter.

Are you talking like Seasons Beatings?
  • sonicspear64sonicspear64 Can't resist the Dark Hadou. Joined: Posts: 574
    In regards to this Columbus fighting game community shit, it'd be nice if you actually tell us what the fuck is going on, Tu. If this has anything to do with the Cleveland vs Columbus SF4 5 on 5, just say so. Niggas are trolling you cause you hoarding info.... and ppl just like to troll, but whatever. For the scene to be more united than it is now, it's gonna take a new game that's accessible for novice players, but it also needs to be a good game that older players can enjoy and that's asking way too much nowadays.

In regards to anime, I would say let's play VS, but that's only like 40% anime. I'm into the game right and I'd like if more ppl played it. I'm up for anything really though
    Goes great with SWISS CHEESE!
    "You're curiously attractive, for a fish player"
    GGPO: OJwithGritZ
  • GameOver4uKidGameOver4uKid Joined: Posts: 15
    In regards to this Columbus fighting game community shit, it'd be nice if you actually tell us what the fuck is going on, Tu. If this has anything to do with the Cleveland vs Columbus SF4 5 on 5, just say so. Niggas are trolling you cause you hoarding info.... and ppl just like to troll, but whatever. For the scene to be more united than it is now, it's gonna take a new game that's accessible for novice players, but it also needs to be a good game that older players can enjoy and that's asking way too much nowadays.

In regards to anime, I would say let's play VS, but that's only like 40% anime. I'm into the game right and I'd like if more ppl played it. I'm up for anything really though

Monty, I'll post the plans after the meeting. If you guys are that curious come to this Wednesday.
    If you're dedicated. I am looking for dedicated to help me on this big plan...there is still more planning to do that's why i need everyone's help.
    I am not bias against any fighting game...i want as a whole our fighting game community to grow much larger than game night.
    LOL it has nothing to do with the 5v5.
    I've been traveling to other cities in ohio game night/ ranbats. I've been noticing while doing my research what Columbus is lacking.
    I'll discuss with you guys about that in detailed on Wednesday.
    I don't think we will need a new game, we need more _______, ______, and ______. [can't spoil it :P]
  • KarateLincolnKarateLincoln Eighting's Number One Fan Joined: Posts: 496
    I'm going to try to attend on wednesday in hopes of no longer being the most obnoxious person there, then
    I'm going to try to attend on wednesday in hopes of no longer being the most obnoxious person there, then
    Damnit, you're trying! Good job.
    [18:03] <@AviH20>; infinite iced coffee def owns. | [17:46] <Sketch> i can feel my sperm getting blasted everytime i take a sip of the dew
    Are you talking like Seasons Beatings?
    I was talking if anyone need a place to live. but if anyone needs a place to stay for SB hit me up.
    I don't think we will need a new game, we need more Players, Time, and Money. [can't spoil it :P]

:D On a serious note I think it is really cool you are going around to the other Ohio scene's. You will have to forgive most peoples skepticism. It is the age of the internet after all. I am interested to hear your ideas on Wednesday. In my experience sometimes even bad ideas bring light to problems.
    Vortex < Bortex
  • GeochronGeochron #1 fan Joined: Posts: 66
    I don't think we will need a new game, we need more _______, ______, and ______. [can't spoil it :P]

lesbians, lesbians, and lesbians
  • KeitsKeits OneTrueGame.com Joined: Posts: 8,765 mod

Hey guys. Registration is open for Fighter X Shooter in Chicago on Sept 2-4. We are featuring top 8 payouts with bonus money in SSF4AE, MvC3, and MK9. We also have tournaments for 3rd Strike Online Edition, arcade ST, and arcade Vampire Savior. Friday Sept 2nd is all special events, so if you can only make it Sat/Sun, you won't miss any of the tournament itself. We'll also have a metric ton of giveaways (sticks, headsets, etc) that anyone can win! Please spread the word, get your travel group together, and rep your area at this regional event. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-2-2011-focus-fire-and-keits-present-fighter-x-shooter-2k-in-bonus-northbrook-il.140573/
    Visit OneTrueGame.com for information on DIVEKICK, Tunnel, and future projects.
  • Onizuka1Onizuka1 THE TAR PIT CLUB Joined: Posts: 136

The problem is land of infinite runbacks / lack of Marvel set ups. Also those other dudes who usually bring a Marvel set up kinda just keep to themselves when they play.. It's like almost borderline inbreeding or something. I mean it's cool and all, but like you don't have to play on your own set.

This past week a guy that just moved to Columbus and doesn't know anyone came to Zeno's and has never played Marvel, we spent most of the night teaching him instead of playing. There was still 4 or 5 other guys that came over and got games in at my set-up...it always ends up in a corner since it's hard for me to get there early.

The week before last the issue was, like you said, lack of set-ups and infinite run backs...there was literally a rage-line of players trying to get games in for marvel on that one set up. Some dude was sitting in a chair right behind you and someone else saying "mother fucker!" (pretty hilarious, prob not good for the scene though rofl) while you guys rematched and he waited in line...Why even bother getting in line to play over there!? I try to stop at first to 5 if I see a line by my machine

Speaking of improving the scene, these also relate to a couple of (relatively) easy things I think could definitely help the community out:

1) Bring more set-ups! If you want to help the community out...take the time to pack up your system one night a week and bring it out so everyone can get more games in...this can help with the next issue

2) Limit sets/games played if someone's waiting. And when people come up, at least be courteous enough to tell them how long your set is going to take. If you're doing a best of 3, or a first to 5, or whatever it is...be kind enough to let the guy(s) waiting know. I've seen people come up to a system and ask "Can I get next?" and someone says "sure" then goes back to playing without a word while the person awkwardly waits some # of games and walks away ...silence leads me to my next point!

3) Talk! Help each other out...it kills me when I play someone in street fighter and I perfected while the other guy sits there without saying a word...if it's a tourney/money-match/grudge/whatever this is obviously fine, but otherwise....everyone is here trying to level up there game (those that care, at least)....if your opponent isn't using his characters best normals, or is repeatedly doing something that's not safe, let him know. If you want to improve the community, that means not only improving yourself but everyone else. This can also go a long way in helping players new to the scene to really get into it and help you to find practice outside of Wednesday nights, maybe even new friends!

I always try to introduce myself if I haven't met the person i'm playing and have some communication so it's a friendly game...compliment them on a nice punish, ask a question if i'm unsure about something, or (heaven forbid) I'll try to point something out if I think I can give them some advice

I know everyone has different personalities, but I think at the very least introductions/constructive criticism could go a long way in a community where you'll be seeing/playing people every week.

4) Not everyone can help this, but making an effort to come every week. Obviously this is a separate issue because it has to do with your life outside of Zeno's, but this past week the place was packed and the week before there was like 3 set-ups and 10 people. The better it gets on a weekly basis hopefully the people that aren't going every week will make an effort to get there.

I have a volleyball game after work tomorrow, so my set up will probably end up at the bar or in a corner again...come beat up on me with your Chris, San :)

Guile and Blue Sim are taken, I still have blue Honda and red Ken for anyone interested in the Kid Robot x Street Fighter 3" Vinyls....$8, hopefully getting some more

Cheers,
    Travis
    Crash! Into the rolling morning~ Flash! I'm in the coolest driver's high~

Land of Infinite Runbacks is a terrible place, yes. Last time, Thulius, myself, Monty, and Sketch kind of came to a consensus to like take turns after every 5 matches or so. That other guy kind of just showed up once though and never came back again, so I didn't feel as bad. Not having a console and then waiting like an hour because of Sketch and Thulius going at it... eh... yeah, I was going to run it back. alot.

But yeah it can just be circumvented with more set ups, and I'd be more than willing to show off Roidfield again.
  • laselase Joined: Posts: 5
    Tomorrow I'm going to run nothing but Deadpool/Trish/Whoever until I can get my opponent into the peekaboo glitch and then taunt out the rest of the clock. I'll probably ~level up~ after this, and probably dump all my stat points into luck.
  • ThuliusThulius Chicken from the kitchen Joined: Posts: 62
    Tomorrow I'm going to run nothing but Deadpool/Trish/Whoever until I can get my opponent into the peekaboo glitch and then taunt out the rest of the clock. I'll probably ~level up~ after this, and probably dump all my stat points into luck.
    Deadpool/Trish/Thor is the only correct choice. I'm going to see a 90 second mighty speech by the end of the night and if that means doing it myself then so be it.
    I'd be more than willing to show off Roidfield again.

1249479902908.gif
    Body by Kyokugen.
    Deadpool/Trish/Thor is the only correct choice. I'm going to see a 90 second mighty speech by the end of the night and if that means doing it myself then so be it.

You win sir. You win.

Can we just set a rule that "unless money match." You play a best of 3 or 5 set? Would make everything easier.

The whole thing about the giving hints things. Hints will be given if help is asked for. When I played Rakae's Seth last night, I had to sit down and say, "Ok what are my wakeup options so at the very least I understand the the 50/50 I have to get through."
    "1) Bring more set-ups!"
    I agree with this point and would like to add if you have a stick or controller bring it.

"2) Limit sets/games played if someone's waiting."
    The way I see this is if you brought the setup you can make the rules. That means if you just want to play everyone win or lose that’s fine. Kind of a dick thing if you did it every week but if you need the experience it is understandable. That also means if you want the rounds to be one and done that is your choice. Which is another reason why you should want to bring a setup. :D

"3) Talk! Help each other out"
    I would also like to add to this don’t be afraid to ask for help if you want it. Most of the time I don’t tell people what they are doing wrong unless I see they are frustrated or ask. I have offered my advice in the past on SFIV and people just say I know or I don’t care about this game. I constantly ask better players why did you do that. Hell I ask sketch all the time if that was guess yomi or reaction.

In the end if this scene is shitty it is our fault, Just like in the end if you are shitty at fighting games it is your fault.

Also I talk to Tu last night about his plans. It is not Jesus coming down to bless us with the perfect upper cut like I thought.
    It is just a few events that focus on growing the local scene in size and up the level of play. Anyone who is interested in giving your opinions join us tonight.

***ATTENTION***

I know the notice is late but I am running a samurai Kirby tournament tonight.
    The cost to enter this tournament will be 1 dollar single elimination winner take all, 5 round set. The game is super easy to play. You just have to hit one button faster than the other guy. Its time to test those reactions.
    Vortex < Bortex
    "1) Bring more set-ups!"
    I agree with this point and would like to add if you have a stick or controller bring it.

Speaking of, would anyone be willing to take a look into what the hell is wrong with mines? As much as I like borrowing other people's TE's, i really miss using mines and need to see what i have to do to fix it.
  • GameOver4uKidGameOver4uKid Joined: Posts: 15
    "1) Bring more set-ups!"

"2) Limit sets/games played if someone's waiting."
    The way I see this is if you brought the setup you can make the rules. That means if you just want to play everyone win or lose that’s fine. Kind of a dick thing if you did it every week but if you need the experience it is understandable. That also means if you want the rounds to be one and done that is your choice. Which is another reason why you should want to bring a setup. :D

I would also like to add to this don’t be afraid to ask for help if you want it. Most of the time I don’t tell people what they are doing wrong unless I see they are frustrated or ask. I have offered my advice in the past on SFIV and people just say I know or I don’t care about this game. I constantly ask better players why did you do that. Hell I ask sketch all the time if that was guess yomi or reaction.

In the end if this scene is shitty it is our fault, Just like in the end if you are shitty at fighting games it is your fault.

Also I talk to Tu last night about his plans. It is not Jesus coming down to bless us with the perfect upper cut like I thought.
    It is just a few events that focus on growing the local scene in size and up the level of play. Anyone who is interested in giving your opinions join us tonight.

***ATTENTION***

I know the notice is late but I am running a samurai Kirby tournament tonight.
    The cost to enter this tournament will be 1 dollar single elimination winner take all, 5 round set. The game is super easy to play. You just have to hit one button faster than the other guy. Its time to test those reactions.

-_- clint I had them, on their toes...it might have been on epic proportions.
  • Onizuka1Onizuka1 THE TAR PIT CLUB Joined: Posts: 136
    The scene will be reborn when third strike comes out and the entire community unites together under 1 game!!!
    Crash! Into the rolling morning~ Flash! I'm in the coolest driver's high~
    -_- clint I had them, on their toes...it might have been on epic proportions.
    Lol not trying to steal your thunder friend just want to make sure people were not scared off. I actually think there is a real good idea in there.
    The scene will be reborn when third strike comes out and the entire community unites together under 1 game!!!
    I will definitely playing it if the GGPO netcode works good.
    Vortex < Bortex
  • DullyannaDullyanna mm hmm... nope Joined: Posts: 1,160

It'd be nice if some people would just take friendly advice as is without any pride, negative presumptions or complete lack of listening skills getting in the way. I'm not directing this at anybody specific but seriously, if I'm REPEATEDLY getting away with some bullshit shenanigan that I shouldn't, landing one specific part of a mixup, or you're always pressing things at really bad points and not changing when it fails I'm going to point it out. Not for the sake of feeling like I'm smrt or a top level FG player, just to help somebody out when something obviously hasn't become apparent to them.

Also if you really want to improve the scene, then two of the biggest things you need are communication and organization. Ya'll have computers or you wouldn't be posting/lurking on this gay-ass site and many of you likely have half-decent phones that support texting and/or can access the internet. If you can't bring your own setup or controller for whatever reason, see to it that somebody does for w/e you want to play (Though really, you should make an effort to bring your own shit so that if somebody with the only remaining setup leaves you aren't stuck twiddling your thumbs). Also, don't neglect the IRC channel ffs. Post shit in it and stick around for a while, even if you have to go afk (Just idle lol).

tl;dr Talk with people, bring shit, make plans ahead of time and ffs try to be social lol.

@Clint: I'd be very much willing to take you up on your offer, but that'd hinge on me having a job and a reliable way of getting to DevRy (Which I don't since my car is fubar). If things change and your offer still stands I'll hit you up, you're a cool dude and I'll play pretty much anything lol.

@San: Talk to LuckyDay or Jose. Also remember the tech forum on this site, it's pretty much one of the best overall places to get advice on such things here.

I'll just abuse Alex GGPO lag tactics offline. You prolly shouldn't expect an old-ass game that doesn't fill niches like ST and MvC do to revive lol
    "Making Yun strong on purpose was naturally a dick move"

"3S is a hidden gem."

"SFIV series... kept the matches very technical because there was very few downtimes, even when you are dominated."

God I hope so, love to play more 3S. I have a feeling I'm going to miss out on a lot tonight since I have my usual 10pm job to attend.
    Dullyanna wrote:
    Also, don't neglect the IRC channel ffs.

How am I supposed to neglect it if I don't even know where it is!
    Body by Kyokugen.
    Also, don't neglect the IRC channel ffs. Post shit in it and stick around for a while, even if you have to go afk (Just idle lol).
    Yo, wasn't that like a secret club to keep people like Paul and Lincoln out?
  • SketchSketch hut hut hut hut hut hut hut hut Joined: Posts: 132
    I would love to help people out but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I just get really lucky with all the buttons I press.
    Yo, wasn't that like a secret club to keep people like Paul and Lincoln out?

Yes San thats right it is such a secert club that it is included on the first post of this thread.
    IRC info:
    irc.synirc.net
    #SRK-ohio
    If you're some random dude that no one from here knows and you come into the IRC trolling you will most likely be ignored.
    Vortex < Bortex
    Yes San thats right it is such a secert club that it is included on the first post of this thread.
    IRC info:
    irc.synirc.net
    #SRK-ohio
    If you're some random dude that no one from here knows and you come into the IRC trolling you will most likely be ignored.

You mean I can't come in under xXx3liteSniper420xXx and dump ASCII porn?
    Body by Kyokugen.
    You mean I can't come in under xXx3liteSniper420xXx and dump ASCII porn?
    Actually I would assume that is always welcome. I completely forgot about the IRC channel until kyle brought it up.
    Vortex < Bortex
  • laselase Joined: Posts: 5

Meh, while it's a total fanservice, and they're doing a great job on it, there are plenty of non-Capcom-rehash fighters coming out that seem far more interesting.

Edit: Not to mention games in general
    I want to play KOF XIII so bad.
  • ThuliusThulius Chicken from the kitchen Joined: Posts: 62
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB1geBaUJ_w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPPxbPI7fZQ

Nothing's going to top either of these videos so hopefully some of you will be spared the expense of dealing with this in person.
  • ailerusailerus ni hao Joined: Posts: 1,335
    also i'll probably ban you if you make threads shitting on our community
    "That's what happens when you don't have the master's skill...you know what I mean...your muthafuckin money get taken if you ain't comin wit it."