Burnout 3 OWNZ JOO!

g a m m o ng a m m o n Joined: Posts: 349
This is the best arcade racer since Ridge Racer Type 4 or Wipeout XL. The speeds are faster than the secret racing league and the Piranah ship in Wipeout XL and the gameplay is fun as hell. The controls allow for sweet and generally controllable drifts. The multiplayer is sweet as hell because all the dumb ass rednecks and 7 year olds are talking over the mic and spreading their knowledge. BUY IT.
~SC4: Yoshimitsu ~CVS2: Iori, Maki, Sagat ~SSFIIHD: Balrog ~SF3:3S: Elena ~SF4: Balrog
http://gammon.deviantart.com/

Comments

• S-groovephantomS-groovephantom Zoo TV Joined: Posts: 26
    Ill be getting this game also..thanx for the feedback Gammon..ill hit up with a FR, so we can get some games in.
    XBL Gamer tag kalifdan
  • GuiltyNightGuiltyNight Joined: Posts: 18
    I was never a fan of the two previous games but this shit is hot.
    Show me some videos of daigo, I want to see if he's on my level.- Afro21 "The SF king"

"im premium, i payed money. i deserve to be unbanned! i bring life to the boards."-Megamands
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Man, EVERYONE seems to be saying this. Go on any gaming forum and everyone and their mother is raving about it, plus its got crazy scores virtually everwhere, 9.5 ign, 9.5 hard to please gamespot, 9.3 oxm, 9.0/9.0/9.5(I think?) egm, etc etc etc etc.

I think I might get it today.
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    Yeh I will be buying it for sure. 9.5 from Gamespot is a great score, I watched the video review they said it was just too good.

For the Uk peeps, you can get it for 31.99 inc delivery from play.com
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • g a m m o ng a m m o n Joined: Posts: 349
    Ill be getting this game also..thanx for the feedback Gammon..ill hit up with a FR, so we can get some games in.

I'm up for it, this game is 100% entertainment! This game can be played competitively too, which is great! They balanced the amount of carnage with circumstances that can be controlled with skill in the races. The traffic is completely avoidable unlike in Midnight Club II where the traffic was virtually impossible to dodge at times. There are very few times where Burnout 3 sets you up with circumstances that could result in an unforeseeable crash. The only times you crash based on unlucky happenings is when you are forced to blindly drift through multiple lanes of traffic and the occasion that some NPC switches lanes. The switching lane bull-shit happened like 500000 times in Midnight Club II which was fucking gay, it almost never happens in this game which is great.
    ~SC4: Yoshimitsu ~CVS2: Iori, Maki, Sagat ~SSFIIHD: Balrog ~SF3:3S: Elena ~SF4: Balrog
  • jwillenniumjwillennium Joined: Posts: 372
    F-Zero Fo Life!

But I'm looking at getting that Burnout 3 too. I've heard nothing but great things about it.
    I was a huge fan of Burnout 2, and 3 is better in many ways. This has to be the best racer I've ever played and easily one of the best Xbox games to date. Everyone should own this game, maybe we can make an SRK team for Team Road Rage!
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Ibuki and Juri BUFFZ Joined: Posts: 52,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LOL. It's funny how I got into Burnout. I knew it had potential from the very first game. Me and my friend were chillin out and we decided to play Burnout just cuz we had nothing else to play and he said he never really played it much. We popped it in and immediately I was having a good time. A game where you get bonuses for driving on the wrong side of the road?! That was some innovative shit at the time. I said to myself..."give this game a sequel or two and it's gonna be hot shit for real".

Two sequels later and it gets a 9.5 Editor's Choice on GameSpot. My dad just picked it up yesterday and he was having a great time with it. Can't wait to play it myself.

Kunoichi is always in V Trigger

BUFF CITY.  Population IBUKI

SFV: Ibuki (Main Bae), Juri (Buffed Bae), Chun Li (Needs Buffs Bae)

KOF XIV: Nakoruru/Iori/KDash

SFIV: Nobody hate that shit (PROTIP: Everyone on SRK hates SFIV)

3S: Ibuki (main), Alex

If I ever pick up Xrd: Johnny

PSN: PervyJin01

CFN: PervyJin01 (PS4) Twitch: c88deviljin01

I have the game to and have unlocked 15 cars so far, I have lots of hours to go on this one before I have unlocked all the cars, I tested the game online and there doesn't seem to be any form of lag as far as I can tell, I tested it for about 20 minutes and everything did run smooth. The game is a lot of fun to with all the race and crash modes so maybe I see you guys online in this one to!
  • CrotchMonkeyCrotchMonkey G-R-A-S-P Joined: Posts: 691
    damn i should check this out
    "War is ugly, but to be dominated is uglier." -Imam Khomeini

SA.M at his finest:
    TheMotherFknTime: YOU WANT PAIN
    TheMotherFknTime: AEGIS REFLECTOR
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!? Joined: Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I have never played any burnout before and all I gotta say is WOAAAAAH !!! :wow:
    Unfuckingbelivable..basically EVERYTHING is great about this game.Controls,graphic(oh yes big time),music,etc.I unlocked this car that runs like 208mph :wow:
    I mean DAAAAAAAAAAAMN..both of my brothers doesnt really play but they got hooked instanly."THE" fastest racer I have ever played..everyone get this game..N:mad:W

Also invest on a steering wheel..its a WHOLE LOT more fun then using a controller :clap:
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• CrotchMonkeyCrotchMonkey G-R-A-S-P Joined: Posts: 691
    how much is the game running for?
    "War is ugly, but to be dominated is uglier." -Imam Khomeini

SA.M at his finest:
    TheMotherFknTime: AEGIS REFLECTOR
    Xaronth wrote:
    how much is the game running for?

I don't know if you have Fry's Electronics where you live, but you can get it there for $34.99.

I just got back from there. The sticker on the front said $49.99, so I assumed I would have payed that, but then when the girl rang it up...BAM!! $37.88. Fry's is just gangsta that way.

EDIT: *checks Xaronth's location* LOL!! I highly doubt you have Fry's Electronics over there. Better luck next time, broham.
  • SF PunkerSF Punker All he wanted was a Pepsi... Joined: Posts: 351
    I just got done playing this on Live for the past 3 hours...so far the best modes seem to be Road Rage and Single Race...Party Crash is alright, if your more up for slow carnage based fun. Haven't played Team Crush or Double Impact yet...
    "You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there...somebody'll sneak up and write 'Fuck you' right under your nose."
    Just got the game today,just went into worked picked it up and took the rest of the day off. Game fuckin rocks man. look forward to playing all you guys on it.

If you see me on at times it will be me and other times it will be one of my 2 younger brothers or one of my friends. This game is so pick up get buzzin and play every mother fucker that comes to my house is playing it.
  • SFMCSFMC The irate artist Joined: Posts: 1,077
    Not really a fan of race car games, but this one seems hyped up. I'll check it out.
    Av by Givequicheachance
    blog
    http://saigonradio.blogspot.com/
    SFMC wrote:
    Not really a fan of race car games, but this one seems hyped up. I'll check it out.

Its not hyped up, it's just damn good.
    SFMC wrote:

I am not a fan of racing games, but Burnout 3 is just a master in arcade racing, serius fun for even peeps that play nothing.

g a m m o n - Hopefully I can catch you for a sess soon, and make you eat my dust bitch :tup:

Only kiddin bro I suck
    Heh, I've been playing it up. It may be a couple of days before I play you on LIVE, setting up in the dorms at my college soon.
  • ViciousSLASHViciousSLASH Game Time Jones Joined: Posts: 7,500
    Only kiddin bro I suck

I do too, I just got it yesterday and I keep coming in last. :rofl:

It was so funny playing with guys from the UK.

Some people on Live are nerdy as fuck though,like they actually make me think the stereotypes about nerds are true. Those nasly voices make me want to shoot myself.
    http://michaelpfeffer.blogspot.com I don't even update this, who cares
    Slade555 wrote:
    ...9.5 hard to please gamespot...

Yes, the same people that gave Metroid Prime 9.7. Gamespot's reviews are terrible and hugley inconsitant.
    I do too, I just got it yesterday and I keep coming in last. :rofl:

It was so funny playing with guys from the UK.

Some people on Live are nerdy as fuck though,like they actually make me think the stereotypes about nerds are true. Those nasly voices make me want to shoot myself.

Did I play you on B out 3, I cant remember. If their was some uncontrolably funny shit being said on the mic then u defnitley played me.

If you up for some games on Burn out 3 or cvs2 send me FR bro.

Supmalek , Dude burnout 3 rocks, I command you to go purchase it :tup:
    Man... Yall make it sound so good! I dont like racing games, but man.. I think ima have check this game out!
    I've played uhh.. I don't know, 5 hours or so of offline + online. Not really that impressed. Crash mode doesn't seem as cool as it should be (and why doesn't money scale based on how much damage a car gets? Instead if you just hit it or it gets hit once no matter how hard you get the same points for it. Also, cars brake. If people saw a huge crash in front of them, they would brake and not just keep going at the same speed and plow into it 10 seconds later, come on). Race mode can be cool. Its obviously fast, but its hard as hell not to crash into traffic, sometimes theres nothing you can do. Takedowns online are also extremely hard to get. Mainly crashes are the worst thing because they happen so much (and yet they don't happen a lot of times when they should like rubbing along walls and crap where you just kind of float alongside stuff). Kind of shallow gameplay overall imo.
    Yeah, you're right... this sh** is crazy.

**** CVS2, I'll see you folks when DOAU comes out... I'm not even rushing to get GG now.
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,287
    Just got this shit today. I will be online with it later.
    CFN ScootMagee
    Just got this shit today. I will be online with it later.

Dude I am gonna send you FR, I'll be online in a min so hook me up and lets cuss some rednecks.
    I just picked this up and god dam it i cant get off it.... no CVS for a while.... a Long While
    Didnt see you online bigbadcod, Hope I aint deleted you from friends list by accident, if I have I'll send you another or send me one.

Let's get it on.

Good Burnout 3 Games to -

SNK FOREVER
    scoot magee
    Gl0ry
    g a m m o n -otherday
    S1ngho - otherday

jwillenium I was tryin to join yo games but warent havin any joy, I'll try and catch you next time I see u on.
  • mholla77mholla77 Level up! Joined: Posts: 17
    Aftertouch = the tech roll of racing games.

Everyone should own this game. The sensation of speed is incredible, the wrecks are awesome and LIVE play is pretty nice.

I'll be playing this for a looooooong while. Until Halo 2 anyways.
    I wanna do damage
    I would if I could manage
    to push the earth in a path of a planet
    on average
    I'm the type to take advantage
    to put the weak willed in a high state of panic
    This game sucks :\. Ebay time.
    jwillenium I was tryin to join yo games but warent havin any joy, I'll try and catch you next time I see u on.

Well, you got in today, but either the host left, or I got disconnected... I can't even remember what happened. But I just wanted to let you know, I don't even use my mic most of the time when I'm on Live. For one thing, I have it rigged up in a fashion that leaves me uncomfortable when I throw it on. I probably can come up with a better fix, but I'm too lazy... I might just grab a new one when Halo 2 comes out. I'm really not into chatting on Live anyway.
    Cool jwill the EA servers suck ass anyway. If I see you on I'll still try and join or send you invite. I love the headset for this game, the amount o shit I chat is just uncanny.
    Slade555 wrote:
    This game sucks :\. Ebay time.

Word.

I don't know what the world is thinking about jizzing all over this game. :shake:

It was hilarious hearing the nerds yell at each other on Live though. I've never used the headset but the voices were coming over the television and the level of geekdom was off the charts. Almost makes me wanna try using the headset with CvS2...almost.
    Burn...

Yeah, This Game Is Very Well Done...
    They Fixed The Online Problems Too...
    The Reply Value Is Phenomenal, Etc...
    I'm In No Way A Fan Of Racing Games, However Good Game None The Less...
    Anyways, Rocky Legends (It Will Be Online) Will Overthrow The Game Once Released (IMO)...
    :wgrin:

MMK
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Does anyone know how to use the custom soundtracks feature? The music in this game sucks, I need to change it.

-Xplicit
    (K Thanx)
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
  • KneelB4MeKneelB4Me CVS2! Joined: Posts: 810
    Yea

Go to driver settings in the options.. Then EA Trax, then press the blue button to change to the playlist you want :tup:

I just got my copy a few days back. Its mad fun, I havent really been online too much yet.. Too soaked up with the single player and Silent Hill 4 on my PC which is great!

Whats with all the games I cant join because scrubs are playing on 50hz :rofl: I also joined a party crash game by accident, went to leave and it made everybody crash. Kept loading a picture of my car! It setup a mad cursing spree, damn its good to be back on the Mic! :clap:
    I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them.
    More K less A
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,689
    Are you sure? I thought I tried that but couldn't find my Soundtracks. I'll try again though. Thanx for responding.

*edit*

Holy crap that worked! How'd I miss that?!! You have no clue how happy you've just made me, I hated the music in this game so much. The games like 1,000,000,000x better now.

-Syn
    (I wuv you)
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    oh yeah this game owns me for free ..... too bad we're on EA's servers not microsoft's
  • Mr MortMr Mort Giganticus breathalizer Joined: Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Slade555 wrote:
    If people saw a huge crash in front of them, they would brake and not just keep going at the same speed and plow into it 10 seconds later, come on).

The game is obviously not about realism, or realistic AI, it's an ARCADE racer. If you're looking for realism, stick to Gran Tourismo.

That said, the game is loads of fun, even offline. It's like crack, once you start, you need more. "Just one more race..." The only thing I don't like is the corporate-america soundtrack, which you can thankfully change, but it won't save your preferences, it keeps defaulting to the ass-tastic EA soundtrack every time you boot up the game. That and EA's servers suck ass. Beyond that it's great. Only F-Zero GX has a greater sense of speed.
  • LBt1stLBt1st Registered Badass Joined: Posts: 123
    I just pick it up. Sadly, I won't have a chance to play till tomorrow. However, I'll have three nights off! So look for me plowing into a wall near you!

btw: I got this game so I had something fast to play on my new 80" projector. I'm hoping to get motion sick and die.

-Bean I
  • darthJonesdarthJones She is dancing you perv! Joined: Posts: 200
    KneelB4Me wrote:
    Yea

Go to driver settings in the options.. Then EA Trax, then press the blue button to change to the playlist you want :tup:

I just got my copy a few days back. Its mad fun, I havent really been online too much yet.. Too soaked up with the single player and Silent Hill 4 on my PC which is great!

Whats with all the games I cant join because scrubs are playing on 50hz :rofl: I also joined a party crash game by accident, went to leave and it made everybody crash. Kept loading a picture of my car! It setup a mad cursing spree, damn its good to be back on the Mic! :clap:
    is there a way to have the game automatically select a specific custom soundtrack at the beginning? i hate having to change it every time i start the game...
    the girl in my avatar is dancing. what did you think she was doing?
  • pockygiantpockygiant Joined: Posts: 400
    I love this game! I haven't played it live yet, seeing mixed reviews of it. The lap runs are hard, cannot crash once!
    twitch.tv/pockygiant
    Is there a way to mute players in this game!?
    I can't stand having to listen to some fucktard's barking dog or music.

And yes, this game does own j00~!

-Bean I
    Only thing I don't like about this game is when your in your garage just browsing through your cars it doesn't show the car stats like it does before a race.
    Is there a list of all the cars and their stats?
    Also, are there any other stats besides the speed/weight shown? There seems to be a lot of cars with identical speed/weight.

-Bean I
    When it's fun, it's fun... I like players that take the racing seriously.

Unfortunately, I am having a problem with the BO3 community in general. For one thing, I get booted from games way too often by hosts for reasons I couldn't begin to imagine. I'm not much of a "talker" in online games, but I do put on the headset in BO3 just to avoid getting booted. Another thing I hate is when hosts take forever to get the game started. Sometimes a room could be FULL, and I find myself waiting for a good minute for the race to start, only to have the session ended. Some people just don't need to be hositng.
  • Dios <-X->Dios <-X-> Game Over Joined: Posts: 6,731 mod
    i just got the game, how is the online gameplay?
    And how does lag work online? is it laggy like ggx2 at times, or it is smooth with no delay?
    [Originally posted by OrangeCat
    I have a sort of dilmma at this point of time.
    Right now, one of my best friends is fat. Not cute fat but he borders on being pig fat. He doesn't waddle, but he has the formings of fat tits forming.

Originally posted by MrWizard
    The site was down due to the forum being too big.

Ken Is So Top Tier. Just imagine Ken, with the Ben Stein Assist!!!
    Here is what would happen to any contestant that challenges. Low Short, Low Short, Call Ben Stein, Launch into Air Combo, End it with the special move, Trivial PUNCH, (roundhouse version) Super cancel into (FINAL JEOPARDYYYY!!!!!!) Thats already like 70% not to mention you can DHC into Alex Treebek's DAILY DOUBLE DEVASTATION Super. The Insanity!!!
    Connections are typically great (compaired to fighting games). That's just due to the nature of racing games though (easier to predict where a car will be).
    Only bad thing is EA. If you remember the whole EA/MS thing, EA doesn't want MS's servers handling their games. So EA has their own record servers. These servers sometimes fail for whatever reason. This results in all rooms being closed. Any current games will continue on but once you leave you end up back in the lobby. This seems to happen a few times a day. It's not the end of the world (assuming the host reopens the room you just jump back in again), but it is annoying. I would assume they're working on it. And I've heard it's much less frequent then when the game first came out.

jwillennium, I've never had the issues you speak of with the community. Most the people I've met are pretty cool. I've only come accross ONE guy who was trying to be an ass (verbally as there's no gameplay method of pissing people off, i.e. can't drive the track backwards), he was kicked out and that was that.
    If you getting kicked for no apparent reason it's possibly your mic. You may be causing a much of noise/echo without realizing it. If it's not that, I donno what to tell ya.
    Currently my headset (cell phone) causes echo (I'll have a new one soon). So I keep myself muted. Unmute to talk then remute. It's a pain, but it's my fault for having a shit headset. If there's not a lot of people talking or they're cool with it I'll stay unmuted during the races.

All n all the game itself is the shit... now I must go play..

-Bean I
    Nah... it's not my mic, and it damn sure isn't me, as I'm pretty serious about the racing, and I hardly ever conversate.
    Fact is, I often can enter a room, and find myself facing a "You've Been Kicked"(or whatever) message before I even get to see my alias on the screen. That happens quite often.

And I take back the "community in general" part. I'm really referring to hosts in general.
  • DJTakashiDJTakashi of Awesometon Joined: Posts: 32
    I just got ahold of this from a friend of mine now that I got an XBox. This game is the shizzle. Played a few runs online as well. Anyone up for a race, just lemme know. Gamertag is Ptak.

I figured i'd use the search function rather than start a new thread. Meh.
    'Last night we talked about masturbation, crocheting, and ninja penguins with video cameras.'