1.02 patch is up for PSN

Comments

• Hibiki ManHibiki Man Cool Hair Dude Joined: Posts: 19
    As long as I play yellow and above connections, the matches are fine. Though, as soon as I play a red connection, then I start to notice some input lag. But I do have to say the patch has helped and I'm satisfied with it.

I'm the only one using my connection and I'm wired, so that does help. I'm pretty confident in the strength of my connection.

Here is my connection:

DL -> 44.51 Mb/s
    UL -> 38.76 Mb/s
    556171442.jpg
    uh, yah?
    P4A: Yosuke & ???
  • Gill HustleGill Hustle Joined: Posts: 221
    I was playing all day. It was flawless. Yet again proving trolls wrong.

Are any other PS3 players noticing better playability? A lot of early impressions gave me mixed feelings.

I'm really hoping the update breathes new life into this game while I wait for the Xbox update.
  • Barnaby_GoogBarnaby_Goog Joined: Posts: 313
    i really wanna see what this is like also...

garuntee if it gets playable i may have my replacement for sf4
    "What Would Geese Do"

I accept all challenges.
  • PELVIC THRUSTERPELVIC THRUSTER Joined: Posts: 199
    As long as I play yellow and above connections, the matches are fine. Though, as soon as I play a red connection, then I start to notice some input lag. But I do have to say the patch has helped and I'm satisfied with it.

I'm the only one using my connection and I'm wired, so that does help. I'm pretty confident in the strength of my connection.

Here is my connection:

DL -> 44.51 Mb/s
    UL -> 38.76 Mb/s
    556171442.jpg

Damn you and your Japanese internet. Your network isn't even an internet. It's almost essentially an INTRANET. Oh well. You are probably having great games while Americans essentially shoot craps with each other.
  • nilcamnilcam New Student Joined: Posts: 467
    Are any other PS3 players noticing better playability? A lot of early impressions gave me mixed feelings.

I'm really hoping the update breathes new life into this game while I wait for the Xbox update.

I've noticed a serious increase in the quality of online games as well as the number of players. I haven't noticed any input lag at all.
  • BLACKLACBLACKLAC Joined: Posts: 154

Here is my connection:

DL -> 44.51 Mb/s
    UL -> 38.76 Mb/s
    556171442.jpg

i fucking hate you dude :wonder:
    VF5: FS - Vanessa
    Stockton, CA
    XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: BLACK L A C x
    ^^ Japanese internet beats US for free
    "What Would Geese Do"

I accept all challenges.
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    He's being sarcastic.

Also, does anyone have any idea why the results are so mixed?

Yup, because some people don't know what lag is, some people don't mind playing in lag, and others have their own thresholds of what's considered playable. From the mixed results i've read, and what i've come to expect from japanese companies, i suspect the game plays the same as all the other fgs before hdr and ggpo. Basically the game is probably best when fighting someone in the same state or same coast.
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • BLACKLACBLACKLAC Joined: Posts: 154
    ^^ Japanese internet beats US for free

I like how it has 3.8 out of 5 for customer satisfaction

it's like salt in the wound
    VF5: FS - Vanessa
    Stockton, CA
    XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: BLACK L A C x
  • TDenekaTDeneka Joined: Posts: 665

All of my local friends have the same great results.
    And i am not talking about playing vs eachother online, i mean red bars, yellows, etc.
    Easy Operation
    lol meaning that it gets better....

fuckin a we need to catch up
    "What Would Geese Do"

I accept all challenges.
  • NinjaMicNinjaMic Registered Scrub Joined: Posts: 332
    I had some good matches with ShinBlanka last night.

As long as nobody's got a red connection, its all good now.
    <Lawd> sunday tourneys wtf
    <Lawd> NIGGAS GOT CHURCH

<RCADEMODE> SOMEONE CALL THE COLONIAL
    <RCADEMODE> WE NEED THAT RECIPE
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Yep. My only problem is that I played very little offline since launch day, and have to get used to how fast the game is supposed to be now that it moves at full speed online.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • LTrav2kLTrav2k LeeVanDam Joined: Posts: 10
    Post patch, as long as I can play a yellow connection it's great. Red connections are still playable, but with the input lag I gotta guess about commit to a few things.
    "Everyone's fighting style is different due to that each person is unique. By the time you realize my style, you'll be dead."
  • ShinBlankaShinBlanka 神Blanka Joined: Posts: 7,165 mod
    I had some good matches with ShinBlanka last night.

As long as nobody's got a red connection, its all good now.
    Yea gg's sir! We need to play some other time.:wonder:
    Post patch, as long as I can play a yellow connection it's great. Red connections are still playable, but with the input lag I gotta guess about commit to a few things.
    We need to play since you're in Ga with me. Are you going to enter kof12 at FR13?:wonder: and thanks for signing up on www.finalround.org
    Yup, because some people don't know what lag is, some people don't mind playing in lag, and others have their own thresholds of what's considered playable. From the mixed results i've read, and what i've come to expect from japanese companies, i suspect the game plays the same as all the other fgs before hdr and ggpo. Basically the game is probably best when fighting someone in the same state or same coast.
    Pretty much this is dead on sir, but I have had good connections with players in so cal.:sweat::wonder::wgrin: Stick wih your state or region to get the best connections. Someone with a red bar comes into your lobby it will fuck up everyone's match. I just sit there until they get the message and go away!:annoy:
    (FinalRound) A staple in the Fighting Game Community!
    New FR site: http://www.finalround.org
    Rest in Peace: To my MOMMA , Auntie Toosie, Uncle Thon, Craig Dufour "MAXIMUS" and Brian "Mummy-B" Graham and my 2 unborn children.
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice young old guy Joined: Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dont understand why anyone is mentioning a red connection for. Thats like playing someone with 1 bar in SF4. You just dont do it.
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
    Hey guys...how do you tell where someone's playing from? I saw a few posts in this forum saying "I played some guys from New York" and such...is there an option to find that out, or do you just ask them? Most of the time, nobody responds to messages you send them after a match...and they haul ass from the room after losing, too.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hey guys...how do you tell where someone's playing from? I saw a few posts in this forum saying "I played some guys from New York" and such...is there an option to find that out, or do you just ask them? Most of the time, nobody responds to messages you send them after a match...and they haul ass from the room after losing, too.

Yeah, you just ask, or in some cases, people name their room to reflect where they are located in hopes of matching up with people in their area. At least, that's how it works on the 360, not sure about the PS3.
    Yeah, you just ask, or in some cases, people name their room to reflect where they are located in hopes of matching up with people in their area. At least, that's how it works on the 360, not sure about the PS3.

I always wondered about the room thing, cuz unless they name the room after themselves, they might just be people who beat the room creator so bad he just up and left. Why do people do that so often with this game? In other games with waiting lobbies for matchups, like Tekken 5dr, people stick around to play another match after they lost. And it would be nice if they added a vibrate feature to let you know when YOUR match is about to start (like in Tekken)...I wander, cook a quick meal, or use my pc to watch dvds and avis while waiting, and sometimes come back to find the room empty except for me.
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    MvC2 was never ment to be balanced. Capcom wasnt even going for balanced, they were going for a party game with MvC2.

Don't hate on one of the most popular and most played fighting game in America.
    1) God you are so full of shit. Capcom didnt make these games, Backbone did. Capcom just published them on XBLA and PSN. The net code in both SF2HDR and MvC2 are the same since both are developed by Backbone and have nothing to do with GGPO. Its true that Capcom licenced the GGPO netcode but they have yet to use it.

lmao*

Not going to even comment on this one.
    2) XBL version of the patch isnt out yet. We all know fighters perform better on XBL than PSN. I suggest you wait. Do you even own the game? I dont even see a XBL or PSN gamertag associated to your name. Have you played anyone from SRK? You never signed up for the match making thread I made in these forums or you are playing people from the other side of world just to come here and bitch about it.:rolleyes:

I think you're the one full of shit. You do realize BOTH systems use P2P, right?
    he said tournaments, plural man :rolleyes:

Getting 2nd @ SBO says A LOT. You don't need to win multiple tournaments if someone placed so well in the biggest tourney in japan.
    So now I guess that Carl is Top Tier with Arakune and v-13 is Mid Tier?
    Cool

Carl was right under the top 3, he might have moved up since that SBO showing though.
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
    Don't hate on one of the most popular and most played fighting game in America.

No hating, just stating facts. MvC2 is a broken mess.
    I think you're the one full of shit. You do realize BOTH systems use P2P, right

Its true to a certain extent. The latency will most likely have not changed between the two users. However, the netcode can and sometimes is different, due to being on 2 different networks.

To those that dont comprehend certain things might feel like you do. The majority agrees that XBL is a far better experience.
  • Alucard20Alucard20 Omega Joined: Posts: 1,148
    No hating, just stating facts. MvC2 is a broken mess.

I'll go a head say it's indeed a broken game. Pretty much fact. Saying Capcom was going for a party game sounded like you was trying to insult Mvc2 however.

Its true to a certain extent. The latency will most likely have not changed between the two users. However, the netcode can and sometimes is different, due to being on 2 different networks.

To those that dont comprehend certain things might feel like you do. The majority agrees that XBL is a far better experience.

Really? I use to play on my bro 360 all the time and i saw no difference. Only difference I see here is, i don't have to pay for my online experience.
    Vampire savior. Main: Jedah Sub: Zabel, Gallon.
    Marvel vs Capcom. Strider, Gambit, Wolvie, venom, MM and spidey
    Marvel vs Capcom 2: Omega/XX/XX
    Mvc3: ???
    I'll go a head say it's indeed a broken game. Pretty much fact.

Yup
    Really? I use to play on my bro 360 all the time and i saw no difference. Only difference I see here is, i don't have to pay for my online experience.

Yup, really. Like I said, the majority.
  • TDenekaTDeneka Joined: Posts: 665
    quick question btt.... Is the infinite with joe still working in the new patch?
    Easy Operation
  • ADVIIIADVIII ParryFiend Joined: Posts: 315
    quick question btt.... Is the infinite with joe still working in the new patch?[/QUOTE

My friend stated that he was still able to use Joe's infinite recently
    Do Something About It?
    SFV: Ryu, Can't Think Of Others At the Moment
    Tekken 7: Asuka, Josie, Paul, and Maybe Others
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Wow another PSN vs. XBL "discussion" :rolleyes:

Played IzumiDesu from Mass to my FL connection, yellow bar was very playable with some matches having a slight input lag. Overall A+ would download patch again.
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Now I have yet to play with someone nearby but the input lag is still unbearable but now instead of showing you how slow your inputs are being recieved they just make the game play normal speed and let the inputs come as they may.. I wouldn't really say thats an imporvement. yellow bar is still unplayable crap from the 5 or so games Ive had.
    <<>>
  • TaygetaVendettaTaygetaVendetta HDR Joined: Posts: 562
    Now I have yet to play with someone nearby but the input lag is still unbearable but now instead of showing you how slow your inputs are being recieved they just make the game play normal speed and let the inputs come as they may.. I wouldn't really say thats an imporvement. yellow bar is still unplayable crap from the 5 or so games Ive had.

Sounds worse than before the game got patched at all :/

Hope the 360 version fares better.
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • Mr ListMr List Lord of the Scrubs Joined: Posts: 1,393
    well i am hoping it will be better when it arrives in europe.

all the yanks keep complaining how bad sf4 is online but to me it seems mostly fine.
    hopefully kof12 will be the same.
    mostly fine.
    mostly.
    Hey hey let's go kenka suru , Taisetsu no mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
  • FirecottonFirecotton Joined: Posts: 215
    Does even somebody plays Kof online on Xbox? I got my copy today and I didn't find any matches.
    Just 1 match with a little bit input lag but that wasn't that bad - after that I got 3 brutal lag matches.. -.-
    Some europeans play this yet?
    SFV: Laura
    BB: Hazama/Bullet
    P4: Akihiko
    GG: Sin
    An ok amount of people play the game. I've seen 5 or so Euro players today alone. Be sure you're searching for Arcade Matches, no one plays Ranked or Player.
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • FirecottonFirecotton Joined: Posts: 215
    An ok amount of people play the game. I've seen 5 or so Euro players today alone. Be sure you're searching for Arcade Matches, no one plays Ranked or Player.
    Ah, thanks. ^^ I didn't know that. I'm gonna check it out.
    SFV: Laura
    BB: Hazama/Bullet
    P4: Akihiko
    GG: Sin
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    well i am hoping it will be better when it arrives in europe.

all the yanks keep complaining how bad sf4 is online but to me it seems mostly fine.
    hopefully kof12 will be the same.
    mostly fine.
    mostly.

I think SF4 is fine, some input lag every once in awhile but its cool. This is not like that at all.

Usually I can say with confidence a good 70% of my matches are cool in sf4. Id say maybe 10% feel that way in KOF.

I tapped forward to run with robert and the input lag made me run half-way across the screen!
    <<>>
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin

All the matches I play are ranked I only play in the afternoons but anywere after 12am(eastern) it's pretty hard to find a game
    Wow Ignition really forgot about the Xbox users. I cant believe this patch is taking this long to come out.
  • GutcruncherGutcruncher Suckmaster 8000 Joined: Posts: 114
    This could be due more to Microsofts incredibly long and strict process with putting patches on Live, especially with something as unpopular as KOFXII it might even be getting set aside for more popular game's patches.
  • MazinkaiserMazinkaiser Debiru Mashin Joined: Posts: 100
    a month of queue? bah.. sucks M$ -.-
    This could be due more to Microsofts incredibly long and strict process with putting patches on Live, especially with something as unpopular as KOFXII it might even be getting set aside for more popular game's patches.

Certification with MS isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. I think it has more to do with Ignition working on and submitting the patch to Sony like 2 weeks (or was it a week and a half, w/e) before starting on/submitting the patch to MS.
  • Gill HustleGill Hustle Joined: Posts: 221
    Maybe it has to do with the supposed Dash Update on the 15th?
  • OGHowieOGHowie Joined: Posts: 297
    Wow Ignition really forgot about the Xbox users. I cant believe this patch is taking this long to come out.

Yup, pretty close to selling the game already.