What is up with 360 patch?

Comments

• TaygetaVendettaTaygetaVendetta HDR Joined: Posts: 562
    I can't get on this that

can someone quote what i says?

" I can now say that the patch was submitted to MS awhile back (Don't ask me why I couldn't have said this then). At this point it's down to it going through MS's approval process which will hopefully be over with soon."
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice young old guy Joined: Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Its unreal that this patch isnt oit on XBL yet. Any chance this game had to become sucessful has been taken away by SNK/Ignition. They should of pushed it back and released it with a good netcode.
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77
  • MadeManG74MadeManG74 Joined: Posts: 669
    I'm very seriously considering cancelling my Pre-order.

I hope to hear something about this patch before next wed or so, if not, I might just call it quits.

EDIT: Just what PJ said. I thought delaying the PAL release by THREE MONTHS would have been enough time to get their act together, but theres still no date for a 360 patch!
  • KrsJinKrsJin Cheat Kune Do Joined: Posts: 1,347
    I'm talking from the entire KOF facebook site that Ignition made as well as their own forums. EVERYONE on there has made the assumption that it will release with the system update. That's what PS3 did that's what 360 users expect/hope for. They aren't my words, they're pretty much the entire KOF XII communities words. So fuck you.

Looks like the 'entire KoFXII community' was wrong. Provide some links if you have credible information. Otherwise, stop. posting.
    Number one chief rekka.

Live in Colorado or plan to visit? Check out www.extrafresh.net
  • SlideSlide Inactive Member Joined: Posts: 3,084
    Trading this game in today.

Too bad, I really liked it. If it ever gets to where it needs to get, with alot of play, I shouldn't have a problem getting a play on the game anyway, without having my own copy.
  • BlooddrunkBlooddrunk Guy Guru Joined: Posts: 3,244
    Looks like the 'entire KoFXII community' was wrong. Provide some links if you have credible information. Otherwise, stop. posting.

did you not read what I said? Everyone has the assumption it would release with the system update.. there hasnt been a system update yet and people only assumed that because the patch went with the ps3 firmware update.
    "My mains are normally Ninjas, Kung Fu artists, or Swords. I also love sleep and food."
  • wussmonsterwussmonster Joined: Posts: 184
    i had hopes, but no more. not going to wait around any longer. this ones getting traded for some credit. i really did try to play it, i really did, but am just so disappointed that....i dunno. dont even have words. i've been playing fatal fury since waaaaay back in the day. i love that cast. theyre in kof12 too, but the games unplayable for me. heartbreaking really. best of luck to those of you that hang onto it.

-cheers.
  • JeremyHJeremyH Who mad? Joined: Posts: 324
    It's so rough having to play people locally, I feel your pain =(

Game is still amazing =P
    SSF4: Rog, Sim, Ibuki, Seth
    KoF 2k2: Kusanagi, K9999, Chris/O.Chris, K', Kula, Ralf, Maxima
    KoF98: O.Yashiro, O.Chris, Kyo
    KoFXI: Kula,Kyo,Oswald/Liz
  • PELVIC THRUSTERPELVIC THRUSTER Joined: Posts: 199
    It's so rough having to play people locally, I feel your pain =(

Game is still amazing =P

Damn right. The game has a sense of fluidity that the other games lack. Too bad that Duffman got nerfed.
  • EmXEmX Joined: Posts: 845
    damn you M$ I'm taking my toys and going home that'll learn ya!
  • Monkey KingMonkey King Joined: Posts: 503
    Look at the bright side. At least you guys are getting 98um and 2002um. I guess I can get it too but then I'd need to buy a separate stick for the 360.
    James Chen: "Where's your USA chant now?!"
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Look at the bright side. At least you guys are getting 98um and 2002um. I guess I can get it too but then I'd need to buy a separate stick for the 360.

Yeah with the same crappy netcode that all SNK games have,
    SNK need to pull their head out of their asses and make a competent
    netcode if they want to deliver.
  • Mr ListMr List Lord of the Scrubs Joined: Posts: 1,393
    didnt snk get bought buy capcom before?

or was that a dream?

either way if they keep up their current trend of soddy work they will be up for sale soon.
    Hey hey let's go kenka suru , Taisetsu no mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
    Well the game got delayed again from Sep 24th to "October 09" at ebgames.com.au

I'm doubt it's related to the patch and Ignition wanting the 360 Patch out before it hits Europe, but it's ever so slightly possible.

In any case, I hope that the EU release brings in a slew of new players, otherwise theres not much point in me buying this.
    well my uk copy has been dispatched so i'll be playing it.

least i'm doing my part.
    Hey hey let's go kenka suru , Taisetsu no mono protect my balls! Boku ga warui so let's fighting...
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,585
    theres a patch now... xbox live had one and i tried kof and it had a patch as well... dl'd it and the games seemed to not have much INPUT lag... BUT, the shit was slow as hell... i'm talking worse than world warrior or super type of slow... plus it lagged with choppy ass framerates... is this what it was like pre-patch?

my dl speed is now at 25mb's! and this shit is still laggy... my upload speed is only about 1200 kbp's... the 2 opponents that i played had red connections, mine was blue... i dont know how to filter for good connections on this game... i think i'll reserve judgement for when i play somebody with a good connect...

so what are you guys impressions now that the patch is out?

i didnt play it ONLINE pre-patch and just decided to see if it had a patch once i saw that live had a system update...

also... sorry if ths is just some patch from a month ago that i failed to pick up....

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    also... sorry if ths is just some patch from a month ago that i failed to pick up....

Its the one that came out soon after the game launched. Still waiting for the second one :/
    "This is what happens whenever you graduate from watching shitty moe and fanservice animes, you turn into an investment banker. " -angelpalm
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 11,585
    ah ok... sorry about that...

good... i was VERY worried there for a sec.

-dime
    Gettin' my derp on.
    i thought that would be what he was going on about.

isnt the 1st patch just to fuck up the game? (infinites etc..)
    Let's fighting love!
    Let's fighting love!
    ^ Sure seems that way.

Tekken 6 is nearly out, and they still haven't rolled this patch out for this lol.
    Number one chief rekka.

• cam347cam347 Joined: Posts: 841
    By the time this patch is released(anymore it kinda seems like "if") even the most devout fan will be somewhat skewed......unless of course it's BB smooth.....which it won't be
    XBL- FKE SNK
  • RemxiRemxi Mithan's Robe Joined: Posts: 297
    I can't believe after months of being fucked around by SNK we are now getting fucked around by Microsoft for the same period of time.
  • RagingStormXRagingStormX Team Arcade Stream Joined: Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Crazy shit, I was really gonna try to get into this damn game.
    Yeah. I played it again last week and tonight, and it's still fun as heck, but I just don't see it getting any footing to go anywhere :/
    Number one chief rekka.

Hopefully Shane and Ignition will manage to talk SNKP into implementing GGPO for the next in the series. They can't be too happy being the least played FG in Japan and the US.
    I hope Shane beats SNKP upside the head for this netcode. Force GGPO or no US/EU/MEX releases for the games. Word of mouth could have helped this game out immensely too.
    Word of mouth could have helped this game out immensely too.

Not really. They could have used GGPO and it still would have been trashed by review websites for not having a storymode, not having enough backgrounds and casual shit like that.

FG fans for the most part bought the game day one, without knowing if the netcode would be good or not. Plus FG fans either like SNK games or they don't. Its not like everyone on SRK or <insert FG website here> that hadn't bought KOF XII at launch was gonna buy it if they heard the netcode was good.

To be fair, though, KOF XII does feel like an unfinished game (moreso than any previous KOF game, except maybe 2k3) and doesn't really deserve to be a hit. SNK fucked themselves by rushing this one out.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can't believe after months of being fucked around by SNK we are now getting fucked around by Microsoft for the same period of time.

Dude, you were ALWAYS getting boned by MS. They just made it more blatant to see how much they could get away with, what with you guys cutting them TONS of slack for crap nobody else would let ride. Sony'd be hurting like a mother console-wise by now for half the shit MS pulled with the 360, poor craftsmanship on down.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Furious SpoonFurious Spoon Joined: Posts: 7
    I'm really disappointed this patch hasn't come out yet. I really like the system in this game and the characters, but I can't justify spending a bunch of time in arcade mode when I can play a different game against real people. I've even had a few of my friends ask me if they should get BlazBlue or KoFXII, and even though I like KoFXII system more overall, I can't recommend it because it has nothing to offer anyone outside of a solid offline fighting system. SNK really dropped the ball here, hopefully they get the patch out soon, add some DLC, and drop the price of the game in retail to put some life into this game, though I'm not even sure that will work at this point.
  • AlexanderAlexander Joined: Posts: 977
    SNKP has abandoned KOF XII.

Yeah because they won't force MS to release the 360 patch?
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SNK really dropped the ball here, hopefully they get the patch out soon,

*sigh* there you guys go, in denial again, and not daring to level criticism at MS: MICROSOFT is the problem. SNK already gave them the netcode a month ago. They won't release it. They're probably trying to find a way to make you pay for it.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • TannerTanner Joined: Posts: 1,691
    *sigh* there you guys go, in denial again, and not daring to level criticism at MS: MICROSOFT is the problem. SNK already gave them the netcode a month ago. They won't release it. They're probably trying to find a way to make you pay for it.

MS didn't release a shitty, unfinished, half assed attempt at a game that is literally unplayable. It's not Microsoft's fault we can't play this game, it's SNKP's fault for not having their shit together. Who really can blame Microsoft for not putting a patch for a game that didn't sell shit at the top of their priority list?
    League of Legends IGN: Logios
  • Furious SpoonFurious Spoon Joined: Posts: 7

SNK fucked up on the release of the game by having shitty online play and no single player content including modes or unlockables. Sorry for the confusion my statement caused, I know the patch has been submitted, I'm just hoping it gets released soon, even though it shouldn't have needed a patch to be playable in the first place.
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man I am having so much fun playing online now after this new patch I downloaded. What about you guys, having fun playing online? And the new story mode and boss are SOOOO sweet. She is kinda of cheap but thanks to the fact that I have mastered both of Matures cool moves and that awesome super she has it was a piece of cake unlocking all the new artwork.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • KittyConCarnageKittyConCarnage Joined: Posts: 140
    It is microsofts fault. It's the same reason i quit playing team fortress 2, they wouldn't let valve release the updates.
  • Mr.NannieMr.Nannie Friends with Kl'rt Joined: Posts: 1,691
    Man I am having so much fun playing online now after this new patch I downloaded. What about you guys, having fun playing online? And the new story mode and boss are SOOOO sweet. She is kinda of cheap but thanks to the fact that I have mastered both of Matures cool moves and that awesome super she has it was a piece of cake unlocking all the new artwork.

dont play with my emotions:bottle:

but really is there no hope anymore. I think im gonna trade for blazblue today, so sad but the arcade mode is too weak in KOF12.
    Mabey ill try MOW
    AV by Savaii64
    I think I'm cancelling my pre-order today, by the time this game actually comes out in Australia it'll probably be just about dead, and thats even if the patch comes out in time.

Shame, since I was really looking forward to it too, and enjoyed what I played at the arcades (even though I've only been twice and one time nobody else was playing the game :( )

I might pick it up when it's cheaper, but I'm don't think it's worth the $100 new.
    dont play with my emotions:bottle:

but really is there no hope anymore. I think im gonna trade for blazblue today, so sad but the arcade mode is too weak in KOF12.
    Mabey ill try MOW

Shit man, no reason for you to trade it in for the devil's medicine.
  • ProjectjusticeProjectjustice young old guy Joined: Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did the 360 patch ever get released?
    Fightcade, Steam and XBL tag: Projectjustice
    PSN: Projectjustice77