NEW "Blazblue Continum: Shift" discussion!!!!!

zlejedizlejedi Joined: Posts: 57
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374936

Famitsu from 23rd of September has some info on new release of BB.
I wonder if it's the rumored update.

Comments

• blazeu25blazeu25 blaze it up Joined: Posts: 2,054
    as long as top 3 get nerf idc what they do with the game. more health to ragna tho please. loland a roboky cmd grab that sucks life
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    as long as top 3 get nerf idc what they do with the game. more health to ragna tho please. loland a roboky cmd grab that sucks life

You would be more likely to see top 3 stay close to the same and everyone else get buffed than to see the top 3 get nerfed.

Based off the pictures though arakune has something new and so does Rachel.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,937
    New super for Rachel?

I'm sold.

Don't think much of Tsubaki's outfit though, didn't even recognise her until I'd been through all the screenshots without seeing her and realised the girl in that freaky outfit must have ben her.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • BlackNoobBlackNoob Ultimate Loser Joined: Posts: 224
    When do these usually hit jap consoles? A year after Arcade release?
  • CastigationCastigation S-Rank, Baby! Joined: Posts: 125
    When do these usually hit jap consoles? A year after Arcade release?

Seeing as all these things where rumored / confirmed depending on how sceptical you are for the EU release which has been stated as coming early next year I don't think we'll have to wait that long.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,311
    i cant wait for the local test videos :woot:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • Bluedevil5Bluedevil5 http://pcfightinggames.net Joined: Posts: 96
    I still think it will be a disk not an update. around a year after it hits arcades probably with a console only super overpowered kli...character(s) as well. tsubakis outfit looks so fucking ill that she might steal me from my sword fetish.
  • mhtdtrmhtdtr Joined: Posts: 8
    this is not an update, this is a sequel. new character, new moves and interfaz for the life gauge, super gauge etc... is imposible update this into the actual game.

this is a whole new game for the arcades first. the eu release will be the same that the "original" blazblue. this new game will come out later. i dont think before autumm 2010 in consoles
    Fight is everything!
  • Tone!Tone! so what you do is Joined: Posts: 1,401
    this is not an update, this is a sequel. new character, new moves and interfaz for the life gauge, super gauge etc... is imposible update this into the actual game.

Sure it's possible. Ever look at the Guilty Gear series? SF2?
  • MilkR0undMilkR0und Joined: Posts: 401
    WHERE
    IS
    TERUMEI?

also all the new stuff looks really cool.
    Please come down from your crystal fortress.
    SF3- Yang,Ryu,Oro :SF4-Ken
    Game Im not really playing: BlazBlue-Tager, HAZAMAAAA : T6-Miguel
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Get on my level Joined: Posts: 1,684

this is a whole new game for the arcades first. the eu release will be the same that the "original" blazblue. this new game will come out later. i dont think before autumm 2010 in consoles

autumn 2010? Highly unlikely. I bet money it'll hit arcades in the japan before the end of the year, then consoles next summer at the latest.
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    WHERE
    IS
    VALKENHAYNE?

omfg yes arakune projectile
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,916 mod
    Stickied so people will have a place to talk about it. Exciting stuff
    shut up TGS
  • ZealZeal Rising Dragon Joined: Posts: 79
    Anyone notice Jin's new super? Heavenly spirit of victory much?
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,645
    They just need to buff my favorite character and nerf their hardest matchup.

Game design is too easy!
  • KilleyKilley Game Over Yeeeaaaahhhhh Joined: Posts: 5,560
    Oh god so many people want to jump on the Valkenhyne train. :/

New Jin DD looks similar to Haku's counter DD so if it's a counter super that would be neat. I just pray they don't nerf Jin as he was truly the most balanced character in the game.
    All posts made by Killey are intended for discerning readers. All views & opinions are subject to change without notice. Killey will not apologize for any misinterpretations of his posts.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 4,937
    Oh god so many people want to jump on the Valkenhyne train. :/

New Jin DD looks similar to Haku's counter DD so if it's a counter super that would be neat. I just pray they don't nerf Jin as he was truly the most balanced character in the game.

Well if he gets a super counter without any nerfs it sure as hell doesn't sound like he'll be balenced lol.

He needs to lose something in exchange for it.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • DasvanuDasvanu [VØLTÄG3]+ Joined: Posts: 337
    I'm just hoping that Carl doesn't suddenly become more popular. Nerf him to crap-tier if you have to, but please don't make him easy to use. I hate mirrors, no offense guys.
    Mains: Whoever has to press the most buttons
    Subs: Poster boys & top tiers
    ---
    It's all fun & games till I put away the TE stick and troll you with C. Viper on Dualshock 3.
    I'm just hoping that Carl doesn't suddenly become more popular. Nerf him to crap-tier if you have to, but please don't make him easy to use. I hate mirrors, no offense guys.

lol, I was going to say, I hope they do something to Carl so that someone actually get to playing Carl online. I've yet to face anyone playing Carl on PSN.

They could update it, they can easily revamp it that much on 360/PS3. Not saying they would/will, though.
  • AlterGenesisAlterGenesis new srk is trollin Joined: Posts: 3,447
    I'm just going to state the sentiments of many people who are going to see this new expansion.

Nu/Arakune/Rachel are still in this game?

Man, fuck this game.
    #ipressallthebuttons
    XBL: AlterGenesis
    PSN: AlterGenesisOP
  • KyokujiKyokuji Needlessly Perverted Joined: Posts: 2,926
    New ways for Arakuna to curse
    Derp.
    "Getting herpes on your face is not a cost-saving solution."
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,842
    Nu/Arakune/Rachel are still in this game?

Man, fuck this game.

I find it ironic that BB is predominantly a rush-down game yet the best 3 characters rule with a iron-fist through keep away tactics (excusing the clap looping Carl) projectile's be damned, I still want a charge character btw :bluu:
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    Everyone knew a new iteration was inevitable. If they're giving jin a super counter, what are they giving Hakumen? :(
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    hopefully projectiles
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • EshmaseshEshmasesh Unblockable IRL Joined: Posts: 531
    Optic Blast
    I make music.

www.reverbnation.com/eshmasesh
    Everyone knew a new iteration was inevitable. If they're giving jin a super counter, what are they giving Hakumen? :(
    Probably Ice Car.
  • TroytheSkullTroytheSkull Mummummummumum... Joined: Posts: 20
    Need new Tao stuff.:pray: Also believe there going to be more chars. added, I lest I hope so.:xeye: I don't believe there changing the HUD but by those pictures it looks like it, I do think in those pictures the HUD looks incomplete.

One pray, two believes and one think.
    be-HOLD!

they should just give Jin a Haku-install :lol:
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • ZealZeal Rising Dragon Joined: Posts: 79
    Probably Ice Car.

I lawled irl. On a different note, it'd be nice if it wasn't a counter. The super looks too badass in order for it to be limited to counter activation only.
    Hakumen doesn't get Icecar. He gets swordcar. His bamboo stick sword turns into a gravity defying surfboard. Then not only will people call him a sephiroth look-alike, he can be the silver surfer too!

Hakumen: Silver Surfer Cyborg Samurai Sephiroth.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,863

All they really need to give him are better counters and he'd be able to slice a god. Maybe a projectile reflect/absorb move ala SNK's number 2 villainous badass (behind Geese Howard) Ryuji Yamazaki.

Edit: Also a reliable anti air move for Iron Tager.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    What's a better counter than 1f start up? Just frame for everything including 5D?

Dude's drive should be changed to "win" :lol:
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • MomotaroMomotaro Maybe shes born with it Joined: Posts: 658
    Bang:

Give him more shurikens. (This is a must! Twelve is just not enough.)
    Needs stronger normal attacks.
    Better damage output.

Too lazy to name the rest.
    "They gonna come talk to me about money laundering?! In west Baltimore?! Shieeeeeeeeet!" - Senator Clay Davis of The Wire
  • BlackNoobBlackNoob Ultimate Loser Joined: Posts: 224
    Bang:

Give him more shurikens. (This is a must! Twelve is just not enough.)
    Needs stronger normal attacks.
    Better damage output.

Too lazy to name the rest.

I honestly think all bang needs is about 15-16 nails, tweak his j.d, and make an awesomer-er taunt... Then he'd be OP.
  • CalcalCalcal Joined: Posts: 1,128
    Hakumen doesn't get Icecar. He gets swordcar. His bamboo stick sword turns into a gravity defying surfboard. Then not only will people call him a sephiroth look-alike, he can be the silver surfer too!

Hakumen: Silver Surfer Cyborg Samurai Sephiroth.

1:02 sword car.

I would talk about what I think Bang needs but I feel the thread will turn into a balance wish list.
    Pokemon FC: 2749 7678 1016
    Advance Wars: 433915-918661
    Av by BIGWORM
    What's a better counter than 1f start up? Just frame for everything including 5D?

Dude's drive should be changed to "win" :lol:

All of his drives have like 7 active frames or something. 5D is the longest with 12 frames. The timing is kind of tricky. Jump D. Counter has no follow up, and all of them prorate pretty severely. I personally think His counters are fine for the most part, and that's what keeps him from being the worst character in the game, IMO.

And btw, that sword car is epic. If Hakumen had something like dat, Fuck yah man.
    Yeah boo wishlist threads! Just hope the game's as good and hopefully better.

Everyone on DL needs to chill the fuck out about: tsubaki, her outfit, and arakune curses. Do you think they'd give him another way to curse if they didn't alter how he plays a little? I'm sure they've removed afflict on block for his curse clouds.
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • MilkR0undMilkR0und Joined: Posts: 401
    Ugh, I hate this

The only games I was thinking about was tekken 6 and call of duty 6.

Now I have to wait like a whole nother month for this, since unless my shitty local arcade (the only fighting game they have is tekken 4), so I don't think they have the balls or the money to get this.

ugh.
    Please come down from your crystal fortress.
    SF3- Yang,Ryu,Oro :SF4-Ken
    Game Im not really playing: BlazBlue-Tager, HAZAMAAAA : T6-Miguel
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    Ill be going to the location test in Akihabara this weekend
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
  • Dark_SaviorDark_Savior Needs more RED! Joined: Posts: 77
    wow. I leave for like two days and bam. I figured that it was going to come out, but images already? damn that is gonna be nice. Noel is still in the game! Tsu....looks odd. I hope that they give her some sort of decent damage, and who knows.

I'm just hoping for something that's not too hard to learn and not going to have to spend like 100+ hours just to learn one character.
    SFIV: Cammy, Sagat
    SSFIV: Cammy, Sagat, Adon, Juri
    BlazBlue: Noel, Ragna, Bang
    Soul Calibur IV: Kilik, Maxi, Star Killer
  • DasvanuDasvanu [VØLTÄG3]+ Joined: Posts: 337
    wow. I leave for like two days and bam. I figured that it was going to come out, but images already? damn that is gonna be nice. Noel is still in the game! Tsu....looks odd. I hope that they give her some sort of decent damage, and who knows.

I'm just hoping for something that's not too hard to learn and not going to have to spend like 100+ hours just to learn one character.

You and I are opposites. This is what I want. Seriously. At least one character in every game should be like this.
    Mains: Whoever has to press the most buttons
    Subs: Poster boys & top tiers
    ---
    It's all fun & games till I put away the TE stick and troll you with C. Viper on Dualshock 3.
  • AntihippyAntihippy Joined: Posts: 720
    Maybe a projectile reflect/absorb move ala SNK's number 2 villainous badass (behind Geese Howard) Ryuji Yamazaki.

It's called D.

Not very useful as one though. Maybe if it let's you dash/jump cancel it.
    All of his drives have like 7 active frames or something. 5D is the longest with 12 frames. The timing is kind of tricky. Jump D. Counter has no follow up, and all of them prorate pretty severely. I personally think His counters are fine for the most part, and that's what keeps him from being the worst character in the game, IMO.

Err what.

Every counter except for 5D is 1F from what I remember.
    SSF4- Makoto sub: Ibuki
    Blazblue- main: lambda-11 sub: Hazama
    Err what.

He's talking about active frames, you are talking about startup.

He basically wants Hakumen's D to have more active frames, that is to be more lenient about timing.

That is a terrible idea though.
  • CastigationCastigation S-Rank, Baby! Joined: Posts: 125

Do you have any basis for this at all? The press release for the EU version clearly states new moves and new characters.
  • QwertyHeroQwertyHero NII-SAN!~~ Joined: Posts: 566
    Alright guys, gonna be doing a quick analysis of all the new info given to us in the past few days.

Tsubaki looks pretty dope. Her outfit is pretty cool, but not at all like I expected, but I suppose they couldn't make her look too similar to Noel and Jin, it would get pretty redundant. I just wanna know why she looks like that.
    Possibly possessed by Terumi?
    Her weapons looks awfully strange as well, can't really make heads or tails of what it is/what it can do.
    Also, from what I can see, she looks like a big character, maybe around the same size of Haku
    Anyone think a charge character would be introduced at some point?
    It wouldn't be the only fighting game with one charge character (Garou)

Love love love the new HUD.
    I think the guys at ArkSys got a lot of complaints about the complexity of the many meters of BB, and overall, the top of the screen was a bit crowded as far as I'm concerned and I'm a firm believer in less is more in some situations.

Carl's new projectile, as far as I'm concerned is not a projectile at all, well it kind of is, but from what I can see it's more of a big barrier. I suppose it's used to stop people from rushing him down so hard. Maybe it goes away after a while, or it has to be broken down by damage. Some people may think this would make him OP, but I think if neither you/Nirvana or the your opponent could get through the barrier it would be quite fair.
    Kune's projectile, from what I can see, looks like another VERY good move. I mean, I don't know how the move works in the least, who knows maybe it sucks dick, but if it curses on block or has a fast start-up, it would be just another move used to rape his opponents.
    Again, I could be very wrong, and even if the move ends up being REALLY good, I'm sure they would de-buff many other moves to make it fair.
    Litchi seems to have some kind of new attack with her pole, can't really tell though.

Jin's new super looks sweet.
    It more than likely is not a counter super, but a move that is very easy to block and kinda is the same motion as Haku's counter (big slash horizontally across the screen) and unless it is used in a combo (notice how the person he is doing it on is frozen) it will be very easy to punish, and pretty much ineffective. Also, it will probably do some sick damage and will HOPEFULLY replace that AWFUL arrow super of his.
    I'm on the same boat as Killey, Jin is the most perfect character in the game, they really should NOT touch him (maybe change the way you get out of freeze but that's it)
    Rachel's super looks pretty weird, can't really tell what it does. I can see some debris in the background. Maybe it's used to attack the opponent (which would be kind of ridiculous, I can see some unblockable set ups, kind of like Storms "Make it Rain") or maybe it's a defensive thing, like debris comes to block certain attacks without you having to hold back effectively making pressuring her in this state in-effective (CH's, anyone? Also, now that I think about it, that also sounds pretty OP against anyone that isn't top tier, but I think I'm pretty cool with Rachel being top tier as long as the other characters are on mostly even ground) .
    Ragna's new attack looks weird, a new way to pressure your opponent from a jump in (sorta like a dive kick)?
    I don't know, looks weird.

Hey, if any of you Japanese SRK members (I know your out there) could decipher some if this, it would be much appreciated!

Oh, and as a side note, I don't see any real changes to the original sprites, which is a tad disappointing, not like the original sprites were bad but a little touch up wouldn't have hurt.
    It's all about Mahvel baby

Doom/Sent(or Zero)/Akuma all day errrday
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,757
    I love how the only images of my two characters Tao and Tager are of them getting hit in the mouth.

This does not bode well for them.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
    as far as the new kune curse goes i feel like it's going to be a complete replacement for the cloud

clouds are clearly overpowered and if you make it so they dont curse on block then all anyone needs to do to completely negate it is jump at it and hold back

and yeah this gives you an opening to go in and apply some pressure but still, they'd have nowhere near the threat level they once had.
    Do you have any basis for this at all? The press release for the EU version clearly states new moves and new characters.

Not to mention that the NA version scans for new downloadable content, which would at least mean that DLC was considered at some point.
    It's called D.

Not very useful as one though. Maybe if it let's you dash/jump cancel it.

Err what.

J.D, 2.D, 6.D all have 0 fram startup (active on the first frame), and 7 active frames (followed by some recovery frames but I dont remember the data on the recoveries.)

5 has like 4 frames of startup or something, followed by 12 active frames.

And no, I don't want more active frames on Hakumen's drives. I was just pointing out the limitations of them.
  • PANDEMlCPANDEMlC Joined: Posts: 117
    As long as Hazama is added and the top 3 are nerfed I don't care what else they do.
    SF5: Birdie, Fang, Zangief, Urien, Alex
    MKX: Quan Chi, Predator, Jason
    GG: Faust