NEW "Blazblue Continum: Shift" discussion!!!!!

Comments

• DasvanuDasvanu [VØLTÄG3]+ Joined: Posts: 337
    wow. I leave for like two days and bam. I figured that it was going to come out, but images already? damn that is gonna be nice. Noel is still in the game! Tsu....looks odd. I hope that they give her some sort of decent damage, and who knows.

I'm just hoping for something that's not too hard to learn and not going to have to spend like 100+ hours just to learn one character.

You and I are opposites. This is what I want. Seriously. At least one character in every game should be like this.
    Mains: Whoever has to press the most buttons
    Subs: Poster boys & top tiers
    ---
    It's all fun & games till I put away the TE stick and troll you with C. Viper on Dualshock 3.
  • AntihippyAntihippy Joined: Posts: 720
    Maybe a projectile reflect/absorb move ala SNK's number 2 villainous badass (behind Geese Howard) Ryuji Yamazaki.

It's called D.

Not very useful as one though. Maybe if it let's you dash/jump cancel it.
    All of his drives have like 7 active frames or something. 5D is the longest with 12 frames. The timing is kind of tricky. Jump D. Counter has no follow up, and all of them prorate pretty severely. I personally think His counters are fine for the most part, and that's what keeps him from being the worst character in the game, IMO.

Err what.

Every counter except for 5D is 1F from what I remember.
    SSF4- Makoto sub: Ibuki
    Blazblue- main: lambda-11 sub: Hazama
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Err what.

He's talking about active frames, you are talking about startup.

He basically wants Hakumen's D to have more active frames, that is to be more lenient about timing.

That is a terrible idea though.
  • CastigationCastigation S-Rank, Baby! Joined: Posts: 129
    this is not an update, this is a sequel. new character, new moves and interfaz for the life gauge, super gauge etc... is imposible update this into the actual game.

this is a whole new game for the arcades first. the eu release will be the same that the "original" blazblue. this new game will come out later. i dont think before autumm 2010 in consoles

Do you have any basis for this at all? The press release for the EU version clearly states new moves and new characters.
  • QwertyHeroQwertyHero NII-SAN!~~ Joined: Posts: 566
    Alright guys, gonna be doing a quick analysis of all the new info given to us in the past few days.

Tsubaki looks pretty dope. Her outfit is pretty cool, but not at all like I expected, but I suppose they couldn't make her look too similar to Noel and Jin, it would get pretty redundant. I just wanna know why she looks like that.
    Possibly possessed by Terumi?
    Her weapons looks awfully strange as well, can't really make heads or tails of what it is/what it can do.
    Also, from what I can see, she looks like a big character, maybe around the same size of Haku
    Anyone think a charge character would be introduced at some point?
    It wouldn't be the only fighting game with one charge character (Garou)

Love love love the new HUD.
    I think the guys at ArkSys got a lot of complaints about the complexity of the many meters of BB, and overall, the top of the screen was a bit crowded as far as I'm concerned and I'm a firm believer in less is more in some situations.

Carl's new projectile, as far as I'm concerned is not a projectile at all, well it kind of is, but from what I can see it's more of a big barrier. I suppose it's used to stop people from rushing him down so hard. Maybe it goes away after a while, or it has to be broken down by damage. Some people may think this would make him OP, but I think if neither you/Nirvana or the your opponent could get through the barrier it would be quite fair.
    Kune's projectile, from what I can see, looks like another VERY good move. I mean, I don't know how the move works in the least, who knows maybe it sucks dick, but if it curses on block or has a fast start-up, it would be just another move used to rape his opponents.
    Again, I could be very wrong, and even if the move ends up being REALLY good, I'm sure they would de-buff many other moves to make it fair.
    Litchi seems to have some kind of new attack with her pole, can't really tell though.

Jin's new super looks sweet.
    It more than likely is not a counter super, but a move that is very easy to block and kinda is the same motion as Haku's counter (big slash horizontally across the screen) and unless it is used in a combo (notice how the person he is doing it on is frozen) it will be very easy to punish, and pretty much ineffective. Also, it will probably do some sick damage and will HOPEFULLY replace that AWFUL arrow super of his.
    I'm on the same boat as Killey, Jin is the most perfect character in the game, they really should NOT touch him (maybe change the way you get out of freeze but that's it)
    Rachel's super looks pretty weird, can't really tell what it does. I can see some debris in the background. Maybe it's used to attack the opponent (which would be kind of ridiculous, I can see some unblockable set ups, kind of like Storms "Make it Rain") or maybe it's a defensive thing, like debris comes to block certain attacks without you having to hold back effectively making pressuring her in this state in-effective (CH's, anyone? Also, now that I think about it, that also sounds pretty OP against anyone that isn't top tier, but I think I'm pretty cool with Rachel being top tier as long as the other characters are on mostly even ground) .
    Ragna's new attack looks weird, a new way to pressure your opponent from a jump in (sorta like a dive kick)?
    I don't know, looks weird.

Hey, if any of you Japanese SRK members (I know your out there) could decipher some if this, it would be much appreciated!

Oh, and as a side note, I don't see any real changes to the original sprites, which is a tad disappointing, not like the original sprites were bad but a little touch up wouldn't have hurt.
    It's all about Mahvel baby

Doom/Sent(or Zero)/Akuma all day errrday
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,787
    I love how the only images of my two characters Tao and Tager are of them getting hit in the mouth.

This does not bode well for them.
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
    as far as the new kune curse goes i feel like it's going to be a complete replacement for the cloud

clouds are clearly overpowered and if you make it so they dont curse on block then all anyone needs to do to completely negate it is jump at it and hold back

and yeah this gives you an opening to go in and apply some pressure but still, they'd have nowhere near the threat level they once had.
    Do you have any basis for this at all? The press release for the EU version clearly states new moves and new characters.

Not to mention that the NA version scans for new downloadable content, which would at least mean that DLC was considered at some point.
  • SimpleKissSimpleKiss Getting Hit in the Mouth Joined: Posts: 1,005
    It's called D.

Not very useful as one though. Maybe if it let's you dash/jump cancel it.

Err what.

J.D, 2.D, 6.D all have 0 fram startup (active on the first frame), and 7 active frames (followed by some recovery frames but I dont remember the data on the recoveries.)

5 has like 4 frames of startup or something, followed by 12 active frames.

And no, I don't want more active frames on Hakumen's drives. I was just pointing out the limitations of them.
    Damn it feels good to be a gangster (kitten)
  • PANDEMlCPANDEMlC Joined: Posts: 117
    As long as Hazama is added and the top 3 are nerfed I don't care what else they do.
    SF5: Birdie, Fang, Zangief, Urien, Alex
    MKX: Quan Chi, Predator, Jason
    GG: Faust
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 keyboard warrior Joined: Posts: 288
    High quality screenshots available here.
    http://japan.gamespot.com/news/story...0400513,00.htm

awesome.
  • LAMGLAMG arcade rat Joined: Posts: 95
    ^^correct link:
    http://japan.gamespot.com/news/story/0,3800076565,20400513,00.htm

EDIT: now that i have seen the new hud 2 things called my attention:

1: the game is in debug mode, that might mean that characters portraits and bars might be disabled
    2: the 7 blue thingies > hokuto no ken style astral finishes?
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Awesome pics. Game is hypin all over da place.
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,330
    2: the 7 blue thingies > hokuto no ken style astral finishes?

guard libra :coffee:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    guard libra :coffee:
    hope so, they look quite alike
  • ocdscaleocdscale Joined: Posts: 70
    as far as the new kune curse goes i feel like it's going to be a complete replacement for the cloud
    Without getting into the rest of your post, this is very interesting.
    It occurs to me that "Arakune is getting a new way to curse." Could mean in addition to the current methods, or replacing the current methods.
    Looking forward to loke tests
  • FuLLBLeeDFuLLBLeeD KC SRK Supreme Godking Joined: Posts: 2,160
    As an Arakune main I really hope he does get some sort of nerf. He's way too cheesey and has some rigged matchups. I love the character but boy do I feel shitty when I beat my friend who plays Ragna. :( There's nothing he can do!

Also, I'm hoping this would be released as DLC/patch for the US/JPN version of BlazBlue, to update to Continuum Shift, but history is probably going to repeat itself here like it did with Guilty Gear and its going to be a whole new disc based game.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,294
    As an Arakune main I really hope he does get some sort of nerf. He's way too cheesey and has some rigged matchups. I love the character but boy do I feel shitty when I beat my friend who plays Ragna. :( There's nothing he can do!

Also, I'm hoping this would be released as DLC/patch for the US/JPN version of BlazBlue, to update to Continuum Shift, but history is probably going to repeat itself here like it did with Guilty Gear and its going to be a whole new disc based game.

Hope he keeps his j.d moves though, I know it's probably a hated move because it hits low from the air, but come on you are taking your opponent from below with a phalic looking object!:lovin:
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • ViacheViache Joined: Posts: 781
    Hope he keeps his j.d moves though, I know it's probably a hated move because it hits low from the air, but come on you are taking your opponent from below with a phalic looking object!:lovin:

The thing that pisses me off about that and 2D is that they don't get stuffed when you hit Arakune.

Tsubaki looks like she could be fun. I'm glad they didn't give us yet another blue NOL uniform. Way too many characters in this game are the same color.
  • JarvJarv Frickin' Normie Joined: Posts: 1,920
    Someone on DustLoop talkin about how the new Arakune curse = curse clouds removed. Just because they don't curse on block (hypothetically in CS) doesn't meant they're useless, I've definitely hit people with them when I jump back and they jump forward. I guess you could just block that but it's not completely useless.
    - it looked really annoying
    so I kept doing it
    /fighting games
  • scythe masterscythe master Joined: Posts: 402
    looks like the jin super is probably a quick dash...notice his posture and the little speed line/slash line through the middle of the screen

also, it looks like they finally made a caster type character in a fighting game that looks like aren't completely a joke (though magicians tend to be fairly powerful...it seems they always have silly attacks)...she looks REALLY awesome
  • NinjaSYXXNinjaSYXX May Lover Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 75
    Just like everyone else, all i want is for the top 3 to be nerfed or buff the others to the point where they can match up well w/ the top 3. My suggestions

Give Nu a sword count like bang, that replenishes slowly.
    Arakune can't curse on block.
    Rachel... i dono
    Make Jin a little less bs and more punishable.
    Tager not magnetizing on block and shorten his invincibility frames a slight bit.
    Make carl's clap loop a bit harder to land.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,330
    Tager not magnetizing on block and shorten his invincibility frames a slight bit.

WTF??????

make his moves more unsafe, and reduce his tools that barely do the work

leave the drugs son
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • NegroNinjaNegroNinja N-Word Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,620
    720 set-up begone, people are tired of looking stupid =D
    AKA Hellpockets/Hotpockets/HaxMurderer/Darth Sharpton
    Just like everyone else, all i want is for the top 3 to be nerfed or buff the others to the point where they can match up well w/ the top 3. My suggestions

Give Nu a sword count like bang, that replenishes slowly.
    Arakune can't curse on block.
    Rachel... i dono
    Make Jin a little less bs and more punishable.
    Make carl's clap loop a bit harder to land.

Jin should NOT be touched in the slightest. Totally perfect, and definitely the most balanced character in the game, and besides, he's already SUPER punishable!
    Ice car is one of the easiest moves to punish in the game. 3 of his DP's are highly punishable. 2D leaves him incredibly open for a CH. 6D comes out slow as fuck and can be punished if you see it coming. I mean come on, what do you want, to make him shit tier??
    How about we make his 5C punishable on block?
    Also, Carl's clap IS very hard to land on anyone who isn't named Tager
    720 set-up begone, people are tired of looking stupid =D

xD
    EMERALD
    TAGER
    BUSTER!!!

• ZoogstinZoogstin Joined: Posts: 1,021
    Yeah Carl's loop is hard. Its rare to find a carl player online. Its even more rare to find one that even tries to do the loop.

It needs to just go altogether.
  • MilkR0undMilkR0und Joined: Posts: 401
    Dear Arc system works,

Put terumi in

Kthxbai,

MilkRound
    Please come down from your crystal fortress.
    SF3- Yang,Ryu,Oro :SF4-Ken
    Game Im not really playing: BlazBlue-Tager, HAZAMAAAA : T6-Miguel
  • DasvanuDasvanu [VØLTÄG3]+ Joined: Posts: 337
    Capcom and ArcSystemWorks need to trade licenses for C. Viper and Jin. Make Jin Ken's relative somehow and make Viper Tsubaki from a parallel universe.
    Mains: Whoever has to press the most buttons
    Subs: Poster boys & top tiers
    ---
    It's all fun & games till I put away the TE stick and troll you with C. Viper on Dualshock 3.
    Dear Arc system works,

Put terumi in

Kthxbai,

MilkRound

x'D
    Aye, there's still 2 more characters coming, so there's reason to be hopeful!
    It needs to just go altogether.

:nono:
    Carl would be bottom tier if they took away clap loop, he might as well not be in the game with the addition of 3 new characters.
    I mean, punch loop is okay, and his other loop is decent but the threat of clap loop is so intimidating it needs to be there for Carl to be effective and top tier

i havent got Clamity Trigger yet, i have an order in coming next week to Australia, i was wondering if it still worth grabbing if CS title is coming, i guess 3-4 months of practice wont hurt since im new to the Guilty Gear/Blazblue fighting styles (i come from a SF background since the early 90s).

As far as i can see this game offers alot more the SF4 does in terms of Art/moves/combos/style/story/etc.... i cant wait actually.
  • MilkR0undMilkR0und Joined: Posts: 401

Carl would be bottom tier if they took away clap loop
    He was considered the worst character in the game before it was found.
    Please come down from your crystal fortress.
    SF3- Yang,Ryu,Oro :SF4-Ken
    Game Im not really playing: BlazBlue-Tager, HAZAMAAAA : T6-Miguel
  • capsuletoycocapsuletoyco BRAD KAIN! Joined: Posts: 540
    i said it before and i'll say it again. this version needs, alternate costumes, better colors, and some type of team battle not tag teams with assists, just straight out one character dies the other goes in. that would open up the online world so much more if they had different choices when it came to battles.
    like King of Fighters? or a Hybrid of that and Marvel VS Capcom 2?
  • capsuletoycocapsuletoyco BRAD KAIN! Joined: Posts: 540
    more like kof, no assist characters
  • krazykone123krazykone123 4D Joined: Posts: 2,847
    I just hope they add a charge character, I already put the ish in my sig... make it happen Arc :tup:
  • The Lone DragonThe Lone Dragon perverted feminist Joined: Posts: 3,787

Also, slow him down a little. He's too fast.

I mean, where's the fire, Tigger? Where's the fire.

i said it before and i'll say it again. this version needs, alternate costumes, better colors

Y'all do realize that this is a 2D game, right?
    Watch Porkchop 'n Flatscreen: Episode 2 on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Z4Kj1Etrk
    VIEW my animations and music: http://emezie.com
    READ my sister's book- http://nnedi.com
    <<give bang a ninja dog:wonder:
  • VicevirtuosoVicevirtuoso HE HE Joined: Posts: 211
    I want Hakumen to get a teleport.

Oh, and for 236236D to counter lows.
    HE
  • ViacheViache Joined: Posts: 781
    I want survival mode.
  • CountingGardensCountingGardens The intarweb is mine. Joined: Posts: 239
    This game needs Axl from GG, that's the charge character I'm lookin' for.
    Tiers and frames are blasphemy lol.