NEW "Blazblue Continum: Shift" discussion!!!!!

Comments

• mcginnismcginnis Smile :D Joined: Posts: 2,123
    Well, FINALLY did Kune's 10 Challenge. After various ways of trying to cheat at the thing I found out that it doesn't need anything fancy, just wicked fast button presses at the beginning so he does the air C animation and doesn't cancel to D. My hand is a little tired but it brings me back to when I learned RC in CVS2. :sweat:

Guess Tao is next since I did play her some on the first game and yea those combos aren't too practical as most of the time you'd probably finish off the guy before you complete it. I just wish they added the dive bug combo for Kune but I'll look for it on youtube or something.
    "If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'cause that's all there is. What we do, now, today."
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,517 mod
    man tao is mad hard to play now.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    man tao is mad hard to play now.

Well, shouldn't be too bad and she's one of the few players I'd like to play. Pretty much only like Kune, Tao, Hazama, and possibly Tsubaki and Jin until Makoto is released. Don't care much for the other players.
    "If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'cause that's all there is. What we do, now, today."
  • xumpxump Joined: Posts: 116
    Well, shouldn't be too bad and she's one of the few players I'd like to play. Pretty much only like Kune, Tao, Hazama, and possibly Tsubaki and Jin until Makoto is released. Don't care much for the other players.

Hazamas is pretty fun, first time using him though so I was even enjoying dropping the combos
    I made it to 8 when I had to leave.

Looking forward to finishing his and moving on to lambda
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    Gah...mashing works pretty well in this game >:/ tager can mash 360/720 and it works pretty damn well..same with hazamas special and many other moves
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    These challenges really help highlight just how much I actually suck at fighting games. Sometimes I feel like I should relegate myself to modding sticks.
  • zlatkozlatko Joined: Posts: 179
    This game is really good on upping your execution. Getting good at BBCS combos will help you out in dividens in other fighting games...well if you can do them on stick.

I actually took my buddies advice to try it on my 360 controller and I'm actually WAAAAY better on it for execution, which is odd since on SSF4 there's no way I can get anything done on 360 pad. It must be the leniancy of controls for this game or something.

I think I'm going to order a fightpad from Madcatz for it. Is that the best option for pad warrioring on BBCS or is there something much better?
  • CalcalCalcal Joined: Posts: 1,128
    I actually took my buddies advice to try it on my 360 controller and I'm actually WAAAAY better on it for execution,

This sounds like me. Played CT on pad and now both my 360 pads aren't 100% responsive. Got a SE stick for SSFIV and got use to it. Now trying CS with the stick I can't do uppercuts or supers on reaction. And I used Bang in CT where his DD is usually comfirmable after doing his DP.

I just finished story mode so I am going to see how Mu-12 is later today.
    Pokemon FC: 2749 7678 1016
    Advance Wars: 433915-918661
    Av by BIGWORM
    roughly how long did it take you to unlock her?
  • ponopono Joined: Posts: 51
    Glad I'm not the only one who things Tsubaki timing is kind of rough.

Even challenge 3 on PS3 DS3 is giving my callouses. Kind of want to main, though.
    roughly how long did it take you to unlock her?

I separated it throughout the days it was released. Maybe..3-4 hours? I dont know how to use all the characters so going into challenge mode with some adds to it. I didn't finish all the characters after completing everyone but Litchi and Arakune the true ending came up.

And has anyone had a problem completed a combo challenge and not getting credit for it? Fishing Mu level 9 challenge and it reset me like I didn't finish it. But I got all 17 hits in.
    Av by BIGWORM
  • Lord KnightLord Knight MONEY. WOMEN. POWER. Joined: Posts: 242
    Tsubaki's shit isn't bad, just make sure you advance input while you rise with the sjcancel.
  • Son of a GunSon of a Gun That Man Joined: Posts: 328
    So here's a question to the CS players. I am trying to get over my shock about Rachel but I have three months to do so. How is the rest of the game actually? How is the balancing? Other characters got 'screwed up'?
    Have they buffed some too much or did they nerf others too much (apart from Rachel).
    Did they nerf everyone down to a certain extent?
    Did they make a deeper character out of Noel (which was a character for beginners to combo easy up 'till now)?
    I'm curious about this.
    Hologram Summer Again.

BB Main: Rachel & Valkenhayn
    SSFIV: AE Main: Vega/Claw, Yun
    T6 Main: Lars
    Just starting some ranked matches online. The quick match is putting me (level 1) against level 22 Ragnas. Cool.
    Just starting some ranked matches online. The quick match is putting me (level 1) against level 22 Ragnas. Cool.

I can still barely find a match in ranked. And there's some a-holes in customs as I get booted before I even get to play some times. I'm getting better with the Kune though, I can actually build meter a little now :lol:.
    I can still barely find a match in ranked. And there's some a-holes in customs as I get booted before I even get to play some times. I'm getting better with the Kune though, I can actually build meter a little now :lol:.

Oh you can boot people in custom? In ranked there's no way to back out of it once it finds a match I think so I'm forced to waste the other person's time ;_;
    Oh you can boot people in custom? In ranked there's no way to back out of it once it finds a match I think so I'm forced to waste the other person's time ;_;

yea, I think it's the back button but only if you made the party. I mean I'd understand if I played once or so but to just boot someone waiting to play? Make it for only 2 people then jeesh.
  • digimonemporerdigimonemporer Joined: Posts: 2,612
    All I know is that I <3 my character. And his name is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

:razz:
    No signature here. Nope...not one.
    The crazy level differences in the people that it's matching me with is bothersome.
  • MadVash2005MadVash2005 Joined: Posts: 8
    So here's a question to the CS players. I am trying to get over my shock about Rachel but I have three months to do so. How is the rest of the game actually? How is the balancing? Other characters got 'screwed up'?
    Have they buffed some too much or did they nerf others too much (apart from Rachel).
    Did they nerf everyone down to a certain extent?
    Did they make a deeper character out of Noel (which was a character for beginners to combo easy up 'till now)?
    I'm curious about this.

As far as with my mains (Carl and Litchi), Carl's been nerfed greatly. He can't get in as many hits with his 2A5ABB6D-Ada Punch cross-up combo, and the same thing goes with his 2C8D-Ada Clap juggle. However, I think Litchi's been buffed a bit.
  • roninwarrior24roninwarrior24 Custom Title Joined: Posts: 635
    I don't know if this should be here or in the SBO Qualifiers thread, but wow, there are a lot of Bangs and Litchis. Over 40% of the players who qualified are Bang/Litchi mains (the entire F block are Bang/Litchi teams lol). No Tsubakis, no Rachels, and only one Tager and one Hakumen player. I don't know if this is supposed to mean anything or not, but I found it interesting.
  • frostycykefrostycyke Optic..wha? Joined: Posts: 735
    I don't know if this should be here or in the SBO Qualifiers thread, but wow, there are a lot of Bangs and Litchis. Over 40% of the players who qualified are Bang/Litchi mains (the entire F block are Bang/Litchi teams lol). No Tsubakis, no Rachels, and only one Tager and one Hakumen player. I don't know if this is supposed to mean anything or not, but I found it interesting.

Bolded is all that matters! Go Hak!
    PSN-Frostycyke
  • Hatred EdgeHatred Edge Let's end this Joined: Posts: 16,357
    I find that to be hilarious.
    Has anyone thanked you today for not setting the whole world on fire?

They should. I won't. I advocate setting the world on fire. But morons who actually like it, benefit from society, would do well to thank you and men like you for not visiting hell upon them.

"You don't know what it's like to hate. To have your entire life become nothing more than an expression of hate. Nothing else matters. Nothing else can compare. Or taste as sweet."
    That's going to be one boring tournament. Is everybody being tier whores are are Bang and Litchi really that mushc better than the rest of the cast?
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    There goes my incentive to pick up Bang, too bad he's kinda fun... Tager it is >_>
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
  • XenigmaXenigma Joined: Posts: 56
    Only one Hakumen? I find that rather surprising, given he's very high on the tier list. Unless I really like Makoto or another DLC character he'll probably end up as my main; he was my sub in CT, he's gotten a couple of great additions in CS, and watching Spark destroy as him is rather inspirational.

On a related note, one of my friends is a Litchi main from CT, so I'll be interested in playing against him once he upgrades to CS. :)
    I'm excited to try out Makoto. Using Tsubaki now but if she's as weak as people are saying maybe not.
  • ShervinShervin 09'er Joined: Posts: 1,994
    There goes my incentive to pick up Bang, too bad he's kinda fun... Tager it is >_>

bad logic >_<
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

__

I've been told I'm entertaining in Battlefield and my roommate and I often get in fist fights over Nba 2k, watch here:
    no pono
    stick to it with yayoi
    I'm really really starting to like her
    I just wish I could execute all of her combos
    but I'm going to keep working at it
  • SylariSylari Joined: Posts: 1,445
    bad logic >_<

Naw, it's not remotely logical at all, but I'm deciding between three characters, and one of them being apparently insanely overused makes me a bit less interested in playing him.
    SRK's worst Omega Red player.
  • Dances with NinjasDances with Ninjas Kung Fu Treachery Joined: Posts: 814
    Who at ArcSys thought it was a good idea to not let you back out of the COLOR SELECTION before a ranked match? I was under the impression that menus weren't supposed to have an execution requirement.
    "Unless you mean Dances with Ninjas? Whatever. He's the genius champion of our generation..." - TWG Arthur
    lol
    just think of it as teaching us not to mash ^.^
  • ShiawaseShiawase Joined: Posts: 270
    These challenges really help highlight just how much I actually suck at fighting games. Sometimes I feel like I should relegate myself to modding sticks.

Haha this is how I felt when I first started challenge mode. Just stick with it and you'll get better. When I first started I got stuck on Mu-12's 5th mission but after working on it for awhile I'm now on her 7th lol. It just takes time.
  • AndarelAndarel Joined: Posts: 438
    Who at ArcSys thought it was a good idea to not let you back out of the COLOR SELECTION before a ranked match? I was under the impression that menus weren't supposed to have an execution requirement.

Please Arcsys, make the next game's Character Select Screen the same as Persona 3's Shuffle Time. That would be amazing.

Tech skill EVERYWHERE.
    Haha this is how I felt when I first started challenge mode. Just stick with it and you'll get better. When I first started I got stuck on Mu-12's 5th mission but after working on it for awhile I'm now on her 7th lol. It just takes time.

Yeah I've actually found that I've been able to turn on the game and do a challenge on the first or second try, that I was working on forever the night before.

I wish the character select screen would remember who you last picked, so I wouldn't accidentally pick Ragna...
  • AugustAPCAugustAPC Headin' for The Bottom Joined: Posts: 276
    Any word on when Mokoto is going to be released? I've been searching and all I can find is that they're aiming for this month.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,517 mod
    ^ tomorrow for psn
    ^ Wednesday for live
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    ^ tomorrow for psn
    ^ Wednesday for live

That's cool, I read somewhere it was the 7th so I'm glad it's a little earlier. I'm getting her for practically free as I've had 800ms points for probably 3 years now. I think the last thing I bought was a map pack.
  • XenigmaXenigma Joined: Posts: 56
    US PSN gets Makoto tomorrow, since that's when their store updates. Everyone else gets it on Thursday as originally planned since that's when JP PSN updates and XBL updates whenever needed.
    That's going to be one boring tournament. Is everybody being tier whores are are Bang and Litchi really that mushc better than the rest of the cast?

I mained Bang in CT but now I feel like my gimmicks won't work cause he is top tier and the tricks are well known now.

I'm trying to main Mu and finished all her challenges but I still feel like I'm not good with her. Like I don't have a gameplan going in and just try to get 6C counter hits. Even though that move is so unsafe that it comes out by accident a lot when I dash and try to do a combo.
    Av by BIGWORM