NEW "Blazblue Continum: Shift" discussion!!!!!

Comments

• AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,790
    A bunch of the changes I've seen are kind of nice. I mean sure I'll miss CS2 Noel, but on the plus side I don't have to keep trying to get that damn Haida Loop down. That, and her new CSX combos look sexy as hell, and still really respectable. It kind of makes me sad to see Makoto fall so far even if I didn't play her, but it makes me happy to see Tsubaki really low.

That being said, a couple of things I've heard/noticed/read lately from a number of Dustloop related things with regards to the tiers that you guys might be interested in. I'm not listing whole tiers, but I'll summarize stuff I know.

S Tier: Apparently this belongs to Valkenhayn and Hakumen. There was some brief things at first with Ragna and a slight debate with Tao, but holes have been found with Ragna, so he's dropped to low A, as has Tao.

A Tier: Hazama's pretty high up here and is typically seen as the 4th best character in the game. Mu is actually seen as mid-high this by a lot of people as when CSX first came out, many were thinking of her as the best in the game. With that being said, this and B Tier are the two that are the most likely to change and flip around over the next few months.

B Tier: Pretty large mix of people such as Lambda, and Platinum. People are speculating that Tager's B tier now, but there's a relative debate on whether people are just having wishful thinking, or if he actually is. Rachel and Relius are question marks here as people are unsure if they're B or C, although the latest list I saw had Relius high C and Rachel low B. A bunch of new Noel mixups and stuff seems to be coming out a bunch as she's seeming less 'nerfed' and more like a different character (kinda like CS1 to CS2 Litchi). Good number of people are saying she's high B, but some people in the 'Vanguard' are saying she has the potential to be low A based on further testing. Arakune seems smack in the middle of the tier, and Bang seems to bounce in and out of here from B to A- depending on who's being asked.

C Tier: Essentially this is Litchi and Relius right about now. People are thinking Jin's probably going to come out of it and get moved into B. People are noticing a lot of Carl nerfs apparently and reporting that he's in here, while some others are insisting the nerfs he got were compensated somehow and that he should be a good bit higher. I've never played Carl so I really have no idea and can only go off what I'm hearing. Also, if the stuff about Tager turns out to be fluff, he'll probably wind up back in here.

D Tier: It's kind of universally accepted that Tsubaki and Makoto are here and here they'll stay. Makoto seems to have been pummeled half to death with the Nerf Hammer, and a bunch of people are reporting Tsubaki got it pretty bad too.

So yeah, that's my take on things from both what I've personally seen, and what I've heard. By no means take it as an "official finalized list". Dunno, hopefully that clears up things for some people.
    Actually, most recent tier list mumblings from folks "in the know" indicate that the most recent arcadia tier list basically only has S,A,B. So sorry about your Tsubaki hate, she might not be completely screwed after all.
    Actually, most recent tier list mumblings from folks "in the know" indicate that the most recent arcadia tier list basically only has S,A,B. So sorry about your Tsubaki hate, she might not be completely screwed after all.

I don't really have Tsubaki hate per say, she's just always been a pain to fight is all. And while I can understand there being only 3 tiers, I find it hard to believe that Lambda/Platinum/Relius are in the same tier as Makoto after they yanked out most of her teeth.
  • LythiumLythium #salty #hashbrown Joined: Posts: 116
    Livewire, where do you find this information? Because it looks like you're kinda just making stuff up. Speculation is fine and all, but it's still just speculation.

Also, have you actually watched any of Extend matches? Everyone looks fine.
    Livewire, where do you find this information? Because it looks like you're kinda just making stuff up. Speculation is fine and all, but it's still just speculation.

Also, have you actually watched any of Extend matches? Everyone looks fine.

There's a couple of lesser known BB boards I go to where this stuff gets discussed, Lythi. And yeah, I've actually watched a good number of Extend matches. It's just 2.5k for Makoto seems so...bizarre to me.

I know you meant well though, but it kind of sounded like you were sort of calling me out though, but I'm not sure why.
  • LythiumLythium #salty #hashbrown Joined: Posts: 116
    Fair enough, I'm just saying. And it wasn't my intent to call you out or anything, but like I said, this is still just speculation. No one really knows yet, especially in North America/Europe, where only a handful of people have played the game, and even fewer are objective enough to make that sort of judgement, I imagine.

Plus, have you seen Makoto's corner damage? Still nuts.

Pun intended.
    Fair enough, I'm just saying. And it wasn't my intent to call you out or anything, but like I said, this is still just speculation. No one really knows yet, especially in North America/Europe, where only a handful of people have played the game, and even fewer are objective enough to make that sort of judgement, I imagine.

Plus, have you seen Makoto's corner damage? Still nuts.

Pun intended.

Okay, that bad joke totally made up for everything. Though...gotta admit, that "Go! Go!" thing she says after combos is a little weird. Reminds me of "Bang Bang!!" from Star Ocean 2.
    I don't really have Tsubaki hate per say, she's just always been a pain to fight is all. And while I can understand there being only 3 tiers, I find it hard to believe that Lambda/Platinum/Relius are in the same tier as Makoto after they yanked out most of her teeth.

Did you watch the recent Makoto combo video? Plenty of practical stuff in there that generates plenty of damage. She's just no longer doing 5k from a midscreen CH j.B. Reports are that Relius is only "pretty good" as well, and certainly, I haven't seen any footage of him that lead me to believe he'd be some sort of dominant powerhouse, so I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe that Makoto can still be solid?

And don't worry, I'm sure they nerfed everything you hate about Tsubaki. The only thing keeping her out of the bottom tiers right now is some fairly monstrous damage possibilities with her install super.
  • CallistoCallisto Level 3 Fireball Trap Queen Joined: Posts: 1,605
    I wouldn't make any real judgements on Relius, I haven't seen anything ridiculous from him either but it's not like anyone really knows how to use him to capacity yet.

XBL: BG Callisto

YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSassageKing
    Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

Did you watch the recent Makoto combo video? Plenty of practical stuff in there that generates plenty of damage. She's just no longer doing 5k from a midscreen CH j.B. Reports are that Relius is only "pretty good" as well, and certainly, I haven't seen any footage of him that lead me to believe he'd be some sort of dominant powerhouse, so I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe that Makoto can still be solid?

And don't worry, I'm sure they nerfed everything you hate about Tsubaki. The only thing keeping her out of the bottom tiers right now is some fairly monstrous damage possibilities with her install super.

Well yeah, I think the main thing that's bouncing Relius around in placement is that he's still really new so people are learning how to use him. And granted aside from the matches I watch, I've only seen 2 Makoto combo videos from CSX, and one of them was the tutorial thing so it's possible I'm missing some new big discovery.
  • KirbyMorphKirbyMorph Joined: Posts: 104
    Unless you are posting an arcadia tier list, its completely made up speculation with no bearing or facts to back it up. Even Makoto isnt as bad as you are making out. No, she cant do corner to corner 8k+ dmg combos anymore, but she still has all her tools for pressure and mixup and rushdown. She still does respectable damage and can break 5k in corner easily. Still has the godlike oki orb. She just cant do multiple loops with different levels of moves anymore and counter assault combos.
    Unless you are posting an arcadia tier list, its completely made up speculation with no bearing or facts to back it up. Even Makoto isnt as bad as you are making out. No, she cant do corner to corner 8k+ dmg combos anymore, but she still has all her tools for pressure and mixup and rushdown. She still does respectable damage and can break 5k in corner easily. Still has the godlike oki orb. She just cant do multiple loops with different levels of moves anymore and counter assault combos.

I said they were things I had read and heard. At no point did I say that it was set in stone "this is how it is" and that it was an Arcadia tier list (and even then, those have been proven wrong on rare occasion too). I even mentioned that I could be wrong on some things so I don't know why you see it fit to call me out. I haven't played the game, so I said it was secondhand information so I really have no idea what you're so pissed about.
  • EshmaseshEshmasesh Unblockable IRL Joined: Posts: 531
    Your tier list is completely wrong, livewire. It doesn't matter if you read discussions on random scrub boards between story mode theory and which girl char is the hottest. Secondhand gossip is not more credible than firsthand. This is entirely why tier list discussions are flat out forbidden on dustloop.
    I make music.

www.reverbnation.com/eshmasesh
    Seriously guys, get off my ass. I posted something based on things from people who actually HAVE the import version of the game. And it was posted with the best of intentions, so I really think treating it as if I was trolling when I wasn't is entirely unnecessary and uncalled for. And since we're speaking of Dustloop, I always thought tier list discussions being banned when people actually have first-hand access to a game and can actually test/confirm/deny/discover things to base their predictions off of was silly anyway. Just because I post something that is DISCUSSION and NOT a tier list or attempt at a tier list as was mentioned (and even if it was, a number of character things do match up with the tier list Arcadia put out), does NOT mean I'm saying, trying to say, or implying in any way that I know more about the game than people who play it every day. I'm as much of a Blazblue player and fan as everybody here is so I wouldn't try and say things with the intent to stir shit, so I think some of you guys REALLY misunderstand my intentions.
  • BKNY FuryBKNY Fury Joined: Posts: 10
    Got BBCS for Xmas. Have fun kicking my newbie ass online!
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,960 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Interesting...............Amazon has Blazblue CS Extend regular and Limited edition listed as the same price ($39.96).
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    Interesting...............Amazon has Blazblue CS Extend regular and Limited edition listed as the same price ($39.96).

Sweet, I was going to pick up the LE of it anyway, but now just got another incentive to.
    It's probably just an error on Amazon's part.
    No matter, really. I just know this game's going to be pretty epic. Even as a Noel player, I say that. Besides, she's still really good anyway, and people are gonna be complaining about Valkenhayn now.
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,960 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    It's probably just an error on Amazon's part.

Yeah...................they put the LE sets back to $59.99.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/godsgarden2
    God's garden stream; it started some hours ago but u might be able to catch some matches....and maybe an I-no cosplayer.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    Hello.

After watching the Basic Mechanics Tutorial posted earlier this morning, I'm considering picking up BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend soon. Totally new to this series, the only other game I've played similar to this is Guilty Gear (GGX, XX#Reload, and Accent Core) and I haven't much gameplay experience with that either (doesn't help that there's a lack of any new GG discussion and that the game is kind of hard to get into by playing solo.....not much free time on my hands to go to tournaments/casuals and all).

Sorry if I'm being a scrubby casual about things, but are there any notable differences in fundamental gameplay from Guilty Gear to BlazBlue? Will whatever I've learned from GG carry over?
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
    A bunch of what you learned from GG should carry over. However, as someone who played Blazblue before Guilty Gear, I'm possibly a little off about some things (partly since even then I haven't played GG all that much), but some basic basic things to keep in mind if you've never played it:

- There's no 'Dust' so to speak, and there's a "Drive" system instead that is different for every character
    - Gameplay is a little bit slower
    - The Burst system is different in that you have 2 essentially, and all that
    - You have "Guard Primers", which when broken put you in "guard break" and temp stun so you can take big damage.
    - You have a "Barrier Gauge" that allows a second kind of blocking
    - Extremely basic I know, but each character has a weak, medium, strong, and Drive attack, which are known as A,B,C, and D respectively.
    There was a Barrier blocking mechanic already in GG. The Rapid Cancels in BB are similar to Roman cancels, but with much less strict timing. BB is a fair amount more defensive than GG.

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

There was a Barrier blocking mechanic already in GG. The Rapid Cancels in BB are similar to Roman cancels, but with much less strict timing. BB is a fair amount more defensive than GG.

Unless you're taking up Ragna in Extend.
    A few clarifications:

Barrier Gauge is separate from the "heat" gauge, which is what is used for Cancels and supers. I think they were the same in GG?
    Rapid Cancels are EXACTLY THE SAME as Roman Cancels. There are no FRCs, however.

I don't really know enough about GG to comment beyond that, except to note that some people seem to think that BB has a less consistent feel than GG. Or if you want to look at it the other way, that BB has more variety than GG. ;)
    Yeah, the GG version of barrier consumed the same gauge that supers/roman cancels did.
    Unless you're taking up Ragna in Extend.

I've played him since CT, I can't wait lol

• SaveTheDaySaveTheDay Joined: Posts: 61
    i'm having trouble lading some of hazama's combos. i can't seem to connect 5b, 5c, 3c, snakes benediction, devouring fang. they always tech out before devouring fang connects. what am i doing wrong?
  • NickExtremeNickExtreme Joined: Posts: 41
    i'm having trouble lading some of hazama's combos. i can't seem to connect 5b, 5c, 3c, snakes benediction, devouring fang. they always tech out before devouring fang connects. what am i doing wrong?

3C > Serpent's Bendection ~ Devouring Fang in the middle of a combo does not combo, unless it stared with a Fatal Counter. It did in CS1, but not in CS2 or Extend. Starting with 3C then Serpernt's Benediction ~ Devouring Fang will work, but fishing for 3C with Hazama is discouraged when you have chains.
    PM me for any help in BlazBlue, I am always open for help and suggestions.

BBCSEX- Valkenhayn R. Hellsing, Iron-Tager, Mu-12, Relius Clover
    UMvC3 - Dante, Frank West, Wesker, Hawkeye, Spencer, Sentinel, Vergil, Thor, Dormammu

I'm not really a Hazama player, so I admittedly don't know all that much, but I know from playing him a little bit when CS first came out, that a lot of his combos are a good deal faster than they look, and that there's something with dash canceling 6C that's apparently really tricky.
    3C > Serpent's Bendection ~ Devouring Fang in the middle of a combo does not combo, unless it stared with a Fatal Counter. It did in CS1, but not in CS2 or Extend. Starting with 3C then Serpernt's Benediction ~ Devouring Fang will work, but fishing for 3C with Hazama is discouraged when you have chains.
    i'm playing cs1 (at least i think i am) i bought it off xbl
    i'm playing cs1 (at least i think i am) i bought it off xbl

Irrelevant where you got it - if you download the latest patch (for free) you are playing CS2 (and you should be.).

Simple test: Go into training mode, pick Tsubaki and press and hold D. If she continues to "charge" indefinitely, you are playing CS1 and should get the patch. If she stops after charging 1.5 "stocks" worth, you are playing CS2.

CS2 is version 1.03 on Xbox, I believe. Just go to the XBL marketplace and download the highest numbered free patch you can find.
    Irrelevant where you got it - if you download the latest patch (for free) you are playing CS2 (and you should be.).

Simple test: Go into training mode, pick Tsubaki and press and hold D. If she continues to "charge" indefinitely, you are playing CS1 and should get the patch. If she stops after charging 1.5 "stocks" worth, you are playing CS2.

CS2 is version 1.03 on Xbox, I believe. Just go to the XBL marketplace and download the highest numbered free patch you can find.
    yeah, i'm playing cs2 thanks for clearing that up. are there any bnb's i should know for hazama in cs2 then?
    Sadly, I am useless with Hazama, so I can't really help you there. Are you doing his challenge mode challenges? Those were all updated for CS2, so they all work, anyway. Not saying they're optimal, but they're at least functional.
    Am I the only one wtf'ing at all the fuckups Arksys made in the instruction manual?

Am I the only one wtf'ing at all the fuckups Arksys made in the instruction manual?

Does that include not putting movelists in?
    The tutorials make up for that, but just the sheer number of typos and such is crazy to me. I know that it's a nitpicky thing and really the instruction manual doesn't serve much of a purpose outside of explaining the game modes due to all the in-game instruction, but it drives me nuts when a reasonably sized company doesn't spend 5 minutes proofreading something before taking it to print.

lol hey Airk, I just now realized you were Quietwraith on XBL, you beat my head in with Tsu during some random ranked matches awhile back and I friendied you after. I'll be doing single-player modes this week but next week I'll hit you up for some matches.

I don't have Extend right now, so only CS2 matches for me yet.
    Ah, gotcha, welp just let me know when you get a chance to pick it up. I got heavy into AE and completely fell out of practice since you blew me up, but I at least have that whole 'S-tier Ragna' thing going for me now I guess.

• sektrsektr Joined: Posts: 815
    Of course EX gets delayed til the 23rd in Canada due to shipping issues, so fucking typical of Aksys same thing happened with CS...
    SSF4: Akuma
    BBCS: Jin
  • KrusivKrusiv Joined: Posts: 486
    yeah, i'm playing cs2 thanks for clearing that up. are there any bnb's i should know for hazama in cs2 then?
    Just go to Dustloop for Blazblue info. You won't find much here on SRK.
    Just go to Dustloop for Blazblue info. You won't find much here on SRK.

Yeah, it's true. Which is a shame because the series is pretty damn legit.
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,574
    so, picked this game up today

its no GG, but I never played GG seriously, so as far as characters go I dont really care for any of these blokes. the fighting is really fun though, simple controls like mvc3 but not as stupid of combos. connecting combos is easier than KOF but its not as pretty of a game. overall i like it and ill give it some good time. the con is that i cannot stand number notation and i see dustloop uses that, and that will likely prevent me from getting into this game hardcore
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    O_O Number notation takes all of 3 seconds to understand. Just look at your numpad.
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    it's something ill never get used to, converting it in my head "oh, 6 means down" or whatever. ill stick to the ingame tutorials
    King of the Post-09ers
    It took me a little too, but I understand why they use it. It's easier to type up, takes up less space writing down, and can generally be put down more quickly than doing it otherwise.
    Yeah it took me longer to get used to SF notations.

writing d.C took me just as much time to write as 8C
    d.C 8C d.C 8C...eh to each their own. Ill look for letter notation on the net.

this default guy the tutorial starts you out with seems to be pretty good...imma try and learn all the characters
    King of the Post-09ers