NEW "Blazblue Continum: Shift" discussion!!!!!

1262728293032»

Comments

• RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    writing d.C took me just as much time to write as 8C
    d.C 8C d.C 8C...eh to each their own. Ill look for letter notation on the net.

this default guy the tutorial starts you out with seems to be pretty good...imma try and learn all the characters
    What about when you get into motions with a lot of directions? It's certainly easier to just type 5 numbers than it is to type out down,down forward, forward, etc...
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • NickRocksNickRocks SATSUI NO SABU Joined: Posts: 22,513
    What about when you get into motions with a lot of directions? It's certainly easier to just type 5 numbers than it is to type out down,down forward, forward, etc...
    i never typed out the whole thing, i always just typed d, f, qcf, etc.

anyways, i wont push the issue, the game shows motions which works well for me. it seems like everything combos with this ragna bloke. havent taken it online, as this is my first time playing the game. i like how you can continue your combo as a blockstring
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,306
    i never typed out the whole thing, i always just typed d, f, qcf, etc.

anyways, i wont push the issue, the game shows motions which works well for me. it seems like everything combos with this ragna bloke. havent taken it online, as this is my first time playing the game. i like how you can continue your combo as a blockstring
    Whatever works best for you ^_^
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    Number notation pissed me off for a while at first too, but I got over it. It's not especially complicated, but I remain unconvinced to this day that it has any advantages _EXCEPT_ that it crosses language barriers better than anything that involves abbreviations for english words.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,705
    Number notation pissed me off for a while at first too, but I got over it. It's not especially complicated, but I remain unconvinced to this day that it has any advantages _EXCEPT_ that it crosses language barriers better than anything that involves abbreviations for english words.

That's something I actually hadn't even thought of, and it's probably a good reason to use it to. I think it's done in such a way that it makes things easier for say...English and Japanese players to understand certain things about the same combos, and if you say, speak French or Spanish, then the say....236A>66C>8.D or whatever bit of a combo, would make sense still too.
    That was the part that convinced me that number notation actually had some sort of value other than just being different for the sake of being different. Otherwise, it's kindof a wash and honestly can be easy to make mistakes in - 623 and 236 are a little bit easy to fatfinger, IMHO, as opposed to F,D,DF or QCF (or "DP"). And anyone who thinks 632146A is "easier" than HCB,F+A has been reading this notation for too long. ;)

On the plus side, it's easy to type in if you hit numlock and actually USE your numeric pad for it. ;)
    all i see is 134569532469543948u3 XD

day 2 of playing this....on the ragna challenge combo where im supposed to combo after a wall bounce. i suck at stick dashing though so i keep fucking it up :(
    King of the Post-09ers
    Yeah, and I kind of have to use that for a "left key" since the main one on my laptop's keyboard is broken.
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,645
    sup doods im trying to learn this game add me on psn for free wins

psn: mybodyisinfested
    doing the tutorials...the rapid cancels holy fuuuuck
    King of the Post-09ers
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    So is continuum shift extend the latest blazblu for ps3?
    So is continuum shift extend the latest blazblu for ps3?

Yeah, it just came out last week over here. Though it's been out in Japan since I think...November.
  • JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    ty sir. I was gonna pick it up but was like wtf I dont see any info on it anywhere, then I saw that new clover guy and lost my fucking mind.
    doing the tutorials...the rapid cancels holy fuuuuck

Is that good or bad?
    Is that good or bad?
    it just opened up alot of combo ideas i have in my head.

I can't really do them though as I still have to up my execution XD manual superjumps after a launch and stick airdashes are fucking me up big. Im just trying to get the hakumen cr.C sjB dA adf dA....a fucking command normal after a manual airdash> wtf lol
    King of the Post-09ers
  • CallistoCallisto Level 3 Fireball Trap Queen Joined: Posts: 1,605
    Don't forget that the forward part of up-forward can count as the first forward input for an airdash, so instead of :uf::f::f: you just have to input :uf::f:. And rapid cancels are in fact fantastic when you get used to them, they offer a fair amount of flexibility in what you can do instead of just using Distortions with the meter.

Super jump cancels took me a while to get down, until I realized that when you cancel one move into another you have all damn day to input the sj and it'll come out as soon as it can. I would sit and gawk at the screen to see if 6A connected then try to sj cancel, now I just do 6A29 as one move.

XBL: BG Callisto

YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSassageKing
    Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

• Clyde158Clyde158 Joined: Posts: 3
    So i'm extremely disappointed in extend. They just put one new character & 3 short stories and released it. They did absolutely nothing with Multiplayer or online. Everything is exactly the same. I was hoping for 2vs2 or team battle. It's stale and has nothing to offer. Game developers are terrible at their job.
    I was under the impression that there was 2v2 team battles added to online, it was a major note in all of their press releases.

USF4 Sakura Combo Compendium Companion Blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thesassageking

Technically there are also stories for Mu/Valkenhayn/Makoto/Platinum, bringing the "new story count" to 8 (Those 4, Relius, three "shorts"). There are also supposed to be 2v2 and 3v3 network battles. Abyss mode is also new to consoles (as opposed to handhelds) and there's some sort of Unlimited Mode thing as well.

I tend to agree with you that it's rather light on content for a $40 disc release if you'd already bought the three DLC characters, but if you were hoping for team battles, then, well, your wish is granted.
    Well, there ARE 2v2, 3v3, and 2v4 network battles, Unlimited Mars, balance changes, and a bunch of stuff. It's not much different than say, going from Guilty Gear XX, to Slash, to Accent Core. Plus, I think there's supposedly going to be 2 DLC characters for Extend. Which...we can probably guess right now, lol.
  • Naoto ShiroganeNaoto Shirogane Detective Prince Joined: Posts: 292
    So I finally got my copy of Extend and this tutorial is amazing so far. I'm learning a lot of stuff that I never tried before, like cancelling.

After I get through all of it and maybe go through some of the story mode, I'm going to try to pick a main. So far, it's difficult since there are so many good characters to choose from. I have it down to these three but it might change later on.

1. Rachel Alucard (Looks, Challenge and fighting style)
    2. Makoto (Name and fighting style)
    3. Platinum the Trinity (Looks and random VA)
  • Clyde158Clyde158 Joined: Posts: 3
    o so you can set up 2v2? can someone explain how it works. I feel when they release games like this, they just die off and scare off people.
    So I finally got my copy of Extend and this tutorial is amazing so far. I'm learning a lot of stuff that I never tried before, like cancelling.

Is the tutorial different from original flavor CS? Does anyone know?
    Not really, I think there's a couple slight changes here and there. I don't recall if CS had a note about how to instant airdash in it.

I don't think it did. But right, thanks.
  • xAJxKillerxAJxKiller Joined: Posts: 13
    o so you can set up 2v2? can someone explain how it works. I feel when they release games like this, they just die off and scare off people.
    In a player match. Just go to the top and click right or left depending on which team battle you want to do. After which, go down to your name and tap left or right to pick what team you want to be on.
  • Dr. SwagDr. Swag Joined: Posts: 43
    Just picked this up a few days ago but I haven't really been playing it all. I have some noob questions.

1. Should I always be air and ground teching? Explain when I should do it?

2. Why should I use the Shield guard looking thing(Advancing guard type shit)?

And can I get some beginner tips. :)
    SSFIVAE - Fei Long/Evil Ryu/Sakura/E Honda
    SFXT - Ibuki X Lili
    BBCS:EX - Relius Clover
    UMVC3 - Swagneto, Dorm, Skrull
    #1: Yes, but you should do it intelligently. Not teching in the air lets people continue their combo. Not teching on the ground means your opponent can potentially OTG you into a brand new combo. That said, you shouldn't roll or quick getup heedlessly - get in the habit of neutral teching (button + no directions) and blocking until you understand when it's safe to try to quick get up or roll. Air teching is generally safer, so you should do so ASAP, just be wary of mashing - it doesn't do you any good to air tech, get out of a combo, mash out a jumping attack and get CH'd into a new combo.

#2: Barrier guard has four major applications:
    A) It pushes the opponent back far more than normal blocking, so using it will cause your opponent to eventually need to dash in to get close enough to continue attacking, or to risk whiffing an attack due to being out of range. Either of those events will give you an opportunity to counterattack or escape.
    B) It's crucial to blocking in the air - most ground-based attacks cannot be airblocked without using barrier.
    C) Barrier guarding can prevent you from being guard broken when you only have one primer left - if you barrier guard the attack that would have broken your last guard primer, you lose ~1/3rd of your barrier gauge, but you don't get guard broken.
    D) Barrier guard prevents chip damage. This is handy when you're low on life, or just in general when blocking an attack that does a lot of chip damage.
    GGs Airk! I really need more practice at this. All the games I've been trying to learn are this jumbled up mash of fuckery in my brain lol, was trying to tech throws with SF4 throw buttons and pushblock at times. Also SF4 has utterly ruined my ability to do a clean DP in other games :(

That move Tsubaki has that punches from the ground but counts as an overhead is nasty, if nothing else she has okay mixups it seems, it took me a bit to figure those strings out, and even then it seems like some of her unsafe moves you can just cancel to other stuff and catch people trying to punish. Her 5B still seems pretty decent too. I'll try to get some more work in and we'll play again soon!

Thanks! GGs to you too; I know how it feels to get things mixed up - heck, it happens to me if I just play different characters, I start to launch into completely wrong combos, and blah. @_@

Tsubaki's grounded overhead is...kinda slow, but lots of folks have trouble recognizing the startup; I think I got a little too predictable with it overall though. Her 5B still covers a lot of range, but it's no longer plus on block, so I can no longer safely try to close in if you block it at range (which happened a couple of times!). And yeah. It's possible to do some deceptive stuff with D-move cancels if you have charge, but even the moves I cancel into are minus, so if you just block it all, I'm kinda screwed.
  • Teh_MayorTeh_Mayor All too real Joined: Posts: 79
    Im finally getting serious about this game after a while so im getting extended some time this week and was wondering. I really like Platinum but i really have no idea how to play the game, should i play Ragna first or is it ok to just jump right into Platinum?
    SF4 AE main(s)- Dudley, Cody, Zangeif, Abel, Yang, Fei, Guy,
    UMvC3- I quit
    SkullGirls- Painwheel/Parasoul
    Blazblue- still kinda new but Bang
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Platinum isn't too complicated; I think she's a fine character to start with - you just need to keep track of your items, which is one more thing than you need to keep track of playing Ragna.

Run through the general tutorial (which will force you to use Ragna a little), and the Platinum character tutorial, then attack the first few of her challenges. Odds are, if you've played other fighting games before - and I see by your sig that you have - that it should be fairly easy to pick up and play, just try to remember all the stuff they infodump on you during the tutorial. And if you need a refresher on that stuff, you can check out the Basic Mechanics section of the Dustloop Wiki, or the various System Explanations (down at the bottom of that page). Also, I recommend everyone watch Beginner Mode because it's entertaining and helpful.
  • Teh_MayorTeh_Mayor All too real Joined: Posts: 79
    Thanks man, that was very detailed and helped me make the decision to start with platinum.
    SF4 AE main(s)- Dudley, Cody, Zangeif, Abel, Yang, Fei, Guy,
    UMvC3- I quit
    SkullGirls- Painwheel/Parasoul
    Blazblue- still kinda new but Bang
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Mayu's OcarinaMayu's Ocarina Steven Cecil Joined: Posts: 354
    Just got XBL set up and got newest BB. Been playing for the past few days, doing Trials and Challenge and online together.

So basically at most there was ever 3 people on the whole BB XBL network...wtf? Maybe cause it's the holidays but still...and PS3 had even less? What? 1 person?

Tl;dr if anyone would like train me/with me/add me, my tag's on my signature "Mayu99x". I'm on a hour or more a day, usually. Would like to learn the game decent enough b4 CP comes out but it seems like it'll be changing Jin/the game a lot, so that'll be annoying. Anyway, look forward to playing with y'all.
    XBL: Mayu99x
    SF42k12: E.Ryu | BlazBlue: Jin | UNiB: Linne
    League of Legends: PM me account info if you want to play
    Just got XBL set up and got newest BB. Been playing for the past few days, doing Trials and Challenge and online together.

So basically at most there was ever 3 people on the whole BB XBL network...wtf? Maybe cause it's the holidays but still...and PS3 had even less? What? 1 person?

Tl;dr if anyone would like train me/with me/add me, my tag's on my signature "Mayu99x". I'm on a hour or more a day, usually. Would like to learn the game decent enough b4 CP comes out but it seems like it'll be changing Jin/the game a lot, so that'll be annoying. Anyway, look forward to playing with y'all.

I can tell you right now the "PS3 had less" bit is total BS. From most of what I've heard, PS3 has always had a good bit bigger of a Blazblue crowd and if nothing else, online community. Even on a bad day on Extend on PSN, I can get a full page of rooms listed down in player matches. And that's with searching with Unlimited's disabled and with 2 rounds needed to win.
    Depending on where you are, PS3 may well do worse than the 360; I have a better time finding matches on the 360 in the Northeast. PS3 shows lots of player rooms, but they're all 0 bars.
    Depending on where you are, PS3 may well do worse than the 360; I have a better time finding matches on the 360 in the Northeast. PS3 shows lots of player rooms, but they're all 0 bars.

Really? That's weird...most of the rooms I find on PS3 are like 2, with a low of 1.
  • Mayu's OcarinaMayu's Ocarina Steven Cecil Joined: Posts: 354
    So guys!...I found more players today...
    Yesterday it was 2-4 (4 max)...today it was 3 people with a high of 5. Shoulda bought a Chromebook ;_;.

I love SF4 but lota you guys probably feel me on this, that it's just getting old and I wish they'd do something to spice things up. I know other games have lived on for awhile but I don't want to enter something with high seniority like 3S or GG, even casually. I'd rather play something which is arguably "worse" competitively like BB, but at least 3S a lot of people understand others' qualms with the parry system. But that's neither here nor there. I wonder if P4A is worth trying out? BB seems cooler/more fun. KOF = too much to learn, and MvC3 = same but feels more 'random'. I've considered getting BB and learning Ky or Baiken, as it's getting a new balance patch.
    It's $12 right? Is there people who play it a lot? I mean...anyone should beat the whopping 3 player average BB has...
    XBL: Mayu99x
    SF42k12: E.Ryu | BlazBlue: Jin | UNiB: Linne
    League of Legends: PM me account info if you want to play
  • ffffffffffffff Joined: Posts: 155
    I was planning to learn BB with a friend of mine on XBL, but he bailed for Starcraft and LoL, and I never played too much after that, so I'll add you if you wanna play regularly. Also may get into P4A. I tried GG on PSN, but found it pretty hard to play for a crappy player like myself.
  • Kalyx triaDKalyx triaD Serious Business Joined: Posts: 2,805
    On Xbox One I only seem to find people online in the virtual arcade spot. Lots of people there, nobody in ranked or player battle.

Did better than I thought online thought this isn't my first rodeo with BB. Used Noel a ton but I think Bullet is getting to be my main. X1 pad is shockingly competent here, since I was using the thumbstick for KI and was terrified going with the pad for BB. It worked out.

Rocking Bullet, Noel, Platinum, Izayoi or whateverthehell, and on occasion Ragna and Makoto.
    XBL: Kalyx triaD

YouTube.com/Kalyx