Bison Video Thread - Purple Fist of Death (ver. 2.1)

Comments

• jakob002jakob002 Happy Medicine Joined: Posts: 909
    Honda can't really do much against zoning in general. He has some trouble getting in against good zoners.

Bison x Honda probably is 6x4 Honda in 2012, like it was in SSF4.
    Bison CAN outplay Honda, but:
    1 - lame play (downback is your friend). Prepare your unusual AAs too (cr.hp and u1).
    2 - always change sides when you knock him down. Meaty Headpress wins LP Headbutt. Psycho Cross beats EX Headbutt. End your strings with Psycho. Teleport foward after Grabs.
    3 - read those oichos

This is wrong.
    1. Your AA's are chosen based on the ranges he jumps at. Some ranges you can't AA at all and it's best to just block/focus the jump in. I usually try to stay outside of those ranges because that's where Miku is typically looking to jump. I walk into the range and walk out to bait the jump then j.MP st. HK him.

2. After knockdown you want to safe jump EX Headbutt. Make him burn that meter.

3. It's better most of the time to take the ochio than eat the hands. Unless you're certain he's gonna do it just eat.

Neurosis can't beat Mike. He's lost to him in 2 tournaments and a MM at CC. He doesn't know the ranges well enough. Last time I played him our games where back and forth, but I feel like I can win more in a long set once I get more comfortable with his unorthodox playstyle.

I feel like the matchup is 6.5-3.5 in Honda's favor, but that's only if the Honda is aggressive at the highest level. A lame Honda is easier to beat, get the lead early, chill, he'll probably jump, if not lame him out round 1, round 2 he'll have to burn all of his meter to kill you, then round 3 he has no more meter and you have nothing to worry about as long as you don't randomly make a mistake.
    Radiantsilvergun3 said:
    Helps when you'll never be a high level tourney player. It's ok man, I accepted it a while ago myself.
    "Nah. Just look at the HappyMedicine guy. He carries around a Miku Hatsune plushie, hugs it, kisses it, and doesn't give a fuck." - Spirit Juice.

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    This is wrong.
    1. Your AA's are chosen based on the ranges he jumps at. Some ranges you can't AA at all and it's best to just block/focus the jump in. I usually try to stay outside of those ranges because that's where Miku is typically looking to jump. I walk into the range and walk out to bait the jump then j.MP st. HK him.

3. It's better most of the time to take the ochio than eat the hands. Unless you're certain he's gonna do it just eat.

Neurosis can't beat Mike. He's lost to him in 2 tournaments and a MM at CC. He doesn't know the ranges well enough. Last time I played him our games where back and forth, but I feel like I can win more in a long set once I get more comfortable with his unorthodox playstyle.

I feel like the matchup is 6.5-3.5 in Honda's favor, but that's only if the Honda is aggressive at the highest level. A lame Honda is easier to beat, get the lead early, chill, he'll probably jump, if not lame him out round 1, round 2 he'll have to burn all of his meter to kill you, then round 3 he has no more meter and you have nothing to worry about as long as you don't randomly make a mistake.

Ah man just played the best Honda I've ever seen on PSN - Phatkau who is a tourney player. I won only 1 match out of 8/9, when I somehow managed to trap him the corner for that match. But geez, once Honda lands a jab into hands, the follow ups are devastating - another jab into hands (I think), FADC ochio, super cancel. Also, how are meant to counter ochio on Bison's wake up or even Honda's wakeup?! Least expected wake up option you'd think they'd take.

And yeah, anti-airing him at certain distances is pretty difficult. Thanks for the gameplan, makes sense to me.
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • kisaku1218kisaku1218 808 you know Joined: Posts: 607
    This is wrong.

what can I do to punish him doing oricho in full screen? I try ex scissor or head stomp before.....that is annoying thing because I can't build meter when he gets meter, and once I get too close to him I risk losing lead. should I keep closer distance or play safe? any answer will be grateful.
    The seeker of the whay continued.....
    Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/kisaku1218

SF5
  • MilliganoMilligano Free and Donuts Joined: Posts: 264
    Sometimes you have to let him build meter with Ochios full screen. You could headstomp to punish it if you predicted it, but that is way too risky. He can easily LP/EX HB that or ultra 1 it. EX PC is also a pretty bad idea as a Headbutt can just stuff it clean. Often if a Honda is building meter full screen he is trying to get you to become impatient. I would say, if he's building a little meter full screen let him, if you really don't want to then walk forward more and scare him a little.

I agree with the post about the MU being 6.5-3.5 Honda. It is that difficult.

With Honda, Gen, Gief and some others often the only real reliable AA is EX PC. So meter management is super important in these patient matches. Don't go wasting 2 bars on FADC scissor combos.
  • Kriger SternKriger Stern Bison Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,599
    This is wrong.

1 - Yes, AAs depend on range. I thought I didn't need to say that. I guess everyone who reads this forum should already know how positioning is important to AA properly....

2 - Depends on the knockdown. Depends on what you want. Depends on who has life advantage. Depends on your enemy, depends on a lot of things. Don't always go for the same setups. Mix it up. Is he in the corner? Is it midscreen knockdown? What benefits would you get if you simply safejump? Who has life lead? Do you want to make him spend meter? Wanna make sure he has no reversal to defend against your frametraps? Restricting your actions and possibilities eventually restricts your win rate as well.
    An example: Sometimes he has 2 EX meter and 100 extra life. You safejump, he EX HB you. He wastes his meter, but he retains life advantage and one more EX. You still gotta find a way to change that life lead.

3 - You sound like you are...but you're not disagreeing here. I said "read the oichos" because they're a wonderful situation to get that life lead. It's risky, it's dangerous, it's daring, but victory may come from this single punish.
    -Daeyrat
  • B.K.B.K. Droogs Joined: Posts: 27
    40 minutes of the Seth matchup.

Purple stuff.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    1 - Yes, AAs depend on range. I thought I didn't need to say that. I guess everyone who reads this forum should already know how positioning is important to AA properly....

2 - Depends on the knockdown. Depends on what you want. Depends on who has life advantage. Depends on your enemy, depends on a lot of things. Don't always go for the same setups. Mix it up. Is he in the corner? Is it midscreen knockdown? What benefits would you get if you simply safejump? Who has life lead? Do you want to make him spend meter? Wanna make sure he has no reversal to defend against your frametraps? Restricting your actions and possibilities eventually restricts your win rate as well.
    An example: Sometimes he has 2 EX meter and 100 extra life. You safejump, he EX HB you. He wastes his meter, but he retains life advantage and one more EX. You still gotta find a way to change that life lead.

3 - You sound like you are...but you're not disagreeing here. I said "read the oichos" because they're a wonderful situation to get that life lead. It's risky, it's dangerous, it's daring, but victory may come from this single punish.
    How do you read or counter an ochio?
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
    Read is read. You gotta know the player. It's luck.
    Counter: neutral jump + full combo or Headpress (if you're used to the game, it's possible to reversal between light and medium strikes even with charge characters)
    -Daeyrat
  • B.K.B.K. Droogs Joined: Posts: 27
    Reading involves predicting what the player will do based on the options presented. It has to do more with pattern recognition and probability than luck.

Good reads are important because the human mind has a finite limit in terms of response time. Reads allow you to gamble on risks, in this case a headpress or a neutral jump, in order to put yourself at the advantage. Being random or unorthodox makes it more difficult to read a player.
    Purple stuff.
    thanks for the correction

I'd like to add that, despite solid safe play being a good idea, it alone limits someone's potential. Reads, risk and gamble are important to step up your game.
    One should learn when and why take risks...which risks... Probability of success, "amount" of success (damage dealt, damage taken, damage potential from setups).

Cr.LK, Scissors and Kicks can only take Bison so far. Improving from here is essential to go advanced.
    -Daeyrat
  • The Final LionThe Final Lion Jean-Decaux Joined: Posts: 394
    40 minutes of the Seth matchup.

good stuff, although Kim looking kinda desperate from time to time. Pretty bad match up I would say, bison cant really push Seth out from his comfort zone unless he gets a size able life lead in the beginning, also it's really hard to properly space yourself against Seth because that wall jump is so godlike.

pt 2
    Beast to Pray
  • SonOfSpardaSonOfSparda This place shall become your grave! Joined: Posts: 258
    its only me or are Knee Presses little bit different? I can see bigger pushback and even Bison goes more toward enemy if 1st hit is land on hit.
    SSFIV AE: M.Bison (Dictator), Deejay
  • Ov3rheadGregOv3rheadGreg Joined: Posts: 243
    Please visit and subscribe to my Arcade Edition channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ov3rheadGreg
    Knee Press hasn't changed again. The distance between Bison and the enemy has always varied depending on how the first hit of scissors connects and who's the opponent.
    -Daeyrat
    well got some of my vid up, any advise or move choice will be appericiate.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DFD0CDD480CCCBD&feature=view_all

the Green and Copper Bison is me, color number 5.
    I have very little to none match up beside my hommie character: Bison mirror/ Chun li (learning)/ Honda/ Gen/ Rufus(he beats me all the time)/ Makoto (have not play for awhile)

I try to improve, one frame at a time.

SF5
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    thanks for the correction

I'd like to add that, despite solid safe play being a good idea, it alone limits someone's potential. Reads, risk and gamble are important to step up your game.
    One should learn when and why take risks...which risks... Probability of success, "amount" of success (damage dealt, damage taken, damage potential from setups).

I feel like this holds me back sometimes. Since Bison's super safe I play him that way and sometimes I think I lose cos I was too frightened to take a gamble or two.
    Bison 4 lyfe
    If you're not in a tournament, you have no reasons to hold back. Go and try new stuff
    -Daeyrat
  • gagapagagapa Joined: Posts: 98
    you have to practice hold back before tournament

check start at 26sec

HOW DOES THAT SHT POSSIBLE? 0F~1F hit confirm?
    and is not counter hit, so it make it much more harder.

cr.mp INTO cr.lp INTO cr.mk (WTF?) FADC scissor
    cr.lp cr.lk lk lk FADC scissor cr.lp cr.lk. cr.lp cr.mk psycho crusher.

there is something wrong in my input, I can only pull off cr.mp into cr.mk sometime (not even 100%)
    not mention cr.mp into cr.lp into cr.mk, that sounds like 1F or 0F hit confirm to me.....

SF5
  • stabicronstabicron CTRL ALT PSYCHOCRUSHER Joined: Posts: 2,065
    Probably character specific. On hit though cr.mp has more than enough frame advantage to get in a jab. Cr.lp to cr.mk is a 1 frame link and not too hard either *for a one frame link*. You want annoying try standing close fierce into st.lk to st.hk *two one frame links with different timing*.
    Ultra: Bison, Decapre, Oni, Cammy
    Guilty Gear: Sol, Jam, Millia | KOF13: Athena/Kula/Yuri
  • insertaliashereinsertaliashere Joined: Posts: 89
    cr.mp, cr.lp is possible. cr.lk can link, too. But cr.mp has to hit with Bison next to the opponent so that cr.lp/cr.lk can reach and hit.
    On a standing opponent, your jump in has to hit high on the opponent's body, so that Bison lands next to the opponent.
  • Reversing_DevilReversing_Devil CROSSUP PSYCHO CRUSHER! Joined: Posts: 644
    my 3 sets with another Dict player, ggs to him!

new vid of AOI MOMO vs a SIM

Sodium chloride, also known as salt is responsible for the anger or hate a person experiences when he/she is owned.
    Gonna be a special guest for Kawaii Kon in Hawaii! ^__^

!
    Radiantsilvergun3 said:
    Helps when you'll never be a high level tourney player. It's ok man, I accepted it a while ago myself.
    "Nah. Just look at the HappyMedicine guy. He carries around a Miku Hatsune plushie, hugs it, kisses it, and doesn't give a fuck." - Spirit Juice.

• PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Two of the best here (Multi time champs of SF4 meets in Manila since OG SF4 iirc) facing off in casuals.

Against one of the top Vipers
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • PaolochunPaolochun so that I / can say I'm on your side Joined: Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Another Bison from here, old AE

href=" href=" href="
    "The secret to strength is daily training."
    Chun-Li Street Fighter V training mode
  • black_vegetablack_vegeta BVyoutubeGOD Joined: Posts: 790
    Here's a FT 10 with Dogura vs Michael Tan

Please visit and subscribe to my SSF4 AE ver.2012 channel!

http://www.youtube.com/XblackvegetaX
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was watching those on my phone. I was crying at the same time.
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    Look who it is!

Radiantsilvergun3 said:

Kuma vs ACQUA

• MeLLoWMeLLoW Joined: Posts: 1,843

just helping out. questions, let me know.

bison at 2:07
  • The Final LionThe Final Lion Jean-Decaux Joined: Posts: 394
    Dogura likes to slide alot for some reason...
    Beast to Pray
    Dynamic

Shungoku Neurosis

• deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,667
    is that really kim1234 up there? doesn't seem like his playstyle at all....
    RETIRED INDEFINITELY
    is that really kim1234 up there? doesn't seem like his playstyle at all....

Are you talking about Dynamic? If so no, Kim1234 gamertag is Yaza Beach1234. He hasn't played online since SSF4. Dynamic played in the arcades when AE for hit Japan, then he went to console route, playing both on PS3 and 360.

Isy9983

• deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,667
    Are you talking about Dynamic? If so no, Kim1234 gamertag is Yaza Beach1234. He hasn't played online since SSF4.

No up further. the matches against Online Tony
    RETIRED INDEFINITELY
    Shungoku Neurosis

• grouchy_grouchy_ gt: GrouchyBusiness Joined: Posts: 170
    ^thanks for the vids Vegeta!
    favorite bison players:
    1) Dogura/IkomaDevil
    2) Neurosis
    3) a.k.a jojo
    ^thanks for the vids Vegeta!

No problem, I HAVE MOAR!!!! Dogura and Shungoku Neurosis! :D

• MilliganoMilligano Free and Donuts Joined: Posts: 264
    Appreciate the uploads Vegeta. Thanks.