Bison Video Thread - Purple Fist of Death (ver. 2.1)

Comments

• KyBadGuyKyBadGuy Joined: Posts: 30
    First to 5 vs Rose.

The longest journey starts with a single step
  • Kriger SternKriger Stern Bison Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,596
    edited November 2013
    KarinUSF4 uploaded some matches from Dakou where he plays Bison against Kaiser's Yun.
    I admit he played much better than I expected.

The link for those interested:

-Daeyrat
  • TuesdayAgainTuesdayAgain Joined: Posts: 194
    edited December 2013
    me playing very lame against Air lol, 27:00 to 38:00 mark. 3 times unblockable against Ryu!

Post edited by TuesdayAgain on
    6-4 Bison favor?

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    edited December 2013
    me playing very lame against Air lol, 27:00 to 38:00 mark

28:53 was that an ultra drop? I keep doing the same thing since trying to use Bison again. x.x In fact, I probably woulda lost in 20 seconds. I play mad stupid online vs Ryu cause I hate him. I still run U2 too, but I doubt Air would be silly enough to throw a FB when you can do it (GUILE PLAYERS HOWEVER). You played good though bruh, also buy some costumes, Bison is blah and we need to at least die with swag!
    KarinUSF4 uploaded some matches from Dakou where he plays Bison against Kaiser's Yun.

Isn't it something mad that he can play 36/39 characters at a decent tournament level?
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    edited December 2013
    jebop wrote: »
    me playing very lame against Air lol, 27:00 to 38:00 mark

28:53 was that an ultra drop? I keep doing the same thing since trying to use Bison again. x.x In fact, I probably woulda lost in 20 seconds. I play mad stupid online vs Ryu cause I hate him. I still run U2 too, but I doubt Air would be silly enough to throw a FB when you can do it (GUILE PLAYERS HOWEVER). You played good though bruh, also buy some costumes, Bison is blah and we need to at least die with swag!

Isn't it something mad that he can play 36/39 characters at a decent tournament level?

Not really, my execution is pretty ass. Although I did notice offline when going from 360 to PS3, it messes up my cr.lp>s.lk>cr.mk big time

some casuals with a Juri

Sakura

I feel like this match can't get any lamer, Bison's strategy is already linear as it is! Deejay s.MK stuffs most of Bisons tools at the right range

• nswrthnswrth Joined: Posts: 2
    How about far standing jab? I think it could stuff s.mk
  • air forceair force psycho frames !! Joined: Posts: 17
    edited January 2014
    I feel like this match can't get any lamer, Bison's strategy is already linear as it is! Deejay s.MK stuffs most of Bisons tools at the right range

How about far standing jab? But it might trade. It has the same startup as DJ's s.mk and its hitbox is high.
    Or try standing lk.
  • Will GentryWill Gentry Joined: Posts: 90

1 thing i noticed is the deejay loved to either press the standing mk or slide at your during your scissor kick pressure in the corner, and you got counter hit several times. I say go for ex-scissors, that should blow up the s.MK. you can FADC if you want. 3 bars to try and keep deejay in the corner might be worth it instead of chasing all the way to the other corner.

other characters fall into this catagory of wanting to press buttons in between scissor kicks too like guile(various buttons), rose(crouch mp), and cody(slide) just to name a few.

On the other hand i think ex-scissors is like -8 on block so keep that in mind too. Just my two cents

Got to play against Hoodaman again this weekend couldn't do anything, it was a small tournament only 15 entrees. I got sent to losers by Hooda then had Balrog, after that I had to face Hooda again in the grand finals again lol

vs Hoodaman

• GangryongGangryong Joined: Posts: 44
    i thnk you had decent spacing but played the match a little wrong.i think bison should go for some more anti airs in this mu and make honda think about his jumpins more. yes you will sometimes lose a round because you chose the wrong anti air, but i think you will win one as well just because you chose the right anti air a few times. honda can't do too much on the ground exept light headbuts wich are risky when you move in and out of their range and jabs buffered into hands, wich won't do too much dmg if you use st.mk too often, also don't use light sissor kick too much, it pretty much loses to everything honda can throw out and is only safe when you made him stop pressing anything. and i think when you manage to corner honda/throw him in the corner you should either do a safejump from a neutral jump position or do not do a safejump at all and keep him there instead of crossing him up.
    edited January 2014
    Gangryong wrote: »
    i thnk you had decent spacing but played the match a little wrong.i think bison should go for some more anti airs in this mu and make honda think about his jumpins more. yes you will sometimes lose a round because you chose the wrong anti air, but i think you will win one as well just because you chose the right anti air a few times. honda can't do too much on the ground exept light headbuts wich are risky when you move in and out of their range and jabs buffered into hands, wich won't do too much dmg if you use st.mk too often, also don't use light sissor kick too much, it pretty much loses to everything honda can throw out and is only safe when you made him stop pressing anything. and i think when you manage to corner honda/throw him in the corner you should either do a safejump from a neutral jump position or do not do a safejump at all and keep him there instead of crossing him up.

Trying to lame it out too much and I needed to use more grabs in that match. I wasn't going for cross up PC since Honda can auto correct it with Ultra on wakeup. Once Honda has the life lead he can pretty much sit on Bison though lol.

Neutral jump HP from Honda is annoying because it can stuff s.HK for free when you try to walk up to it!

Hooda knows the match up well. Here's the one from EVO in his brackets against another Bison player.

• GangryongGangryong Joined: Posts: 44
    i think this bison played the matchup better though. he went for some anti airs and was getting a big lead out of them. and he didn't really lose a round because honda could just sit on a lifelead. it was more like some bad decisions in clutch moments from the bison than anything else.

the point i'm trying to get at is though that don't get discouraged just because you face a decent honda or something. especially in a short set this match can be easily won by bison.
    edited January 2014
    Gangryong wrote: »
    i think this bison played the matchup better though. he went for some anti airs and was getting a big lead out of them. and he didn't really lose a round because honda could just sit on a lifelead. it was more like some bad decisions in clutch moments from the bison than anything else.

the point i'm trying to get at is though that don't get discouraged just because you face a decent honda or something. especially in a short set this match can be easily won by bison.

I don't know about decent, his links are dead on. Probably one of the best Honda in the states. After seeing how well he played against Momochi and Ricky Ortiz. He's been coming out to the local scenes more.
    edited January 2014
    some new footage

Wanda

Tampa Bison

LSY9983

• TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    Dat matchup. Fuck Guile man. I can see this being even worse in Ultra too. GG's Tampa anyway.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Honda/Guile/Rog single handedly made me hate this game, and hate Bison.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    some stuff from Mono

for those who missed SCR 2014

• gagapagagapa Joined: Posts: 98
    edited March 2014
    Some of my matchs on IVGC 2014 Tournament feat Xian, Dieminion, Luffy:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1fleqf_ivgc14-ssfivae-solo-tournament-top-8_videogames
  • Mr. UnknownMr. Unknown Joined: Posts: 63
    gagapa wrote: »
    Some of my matchs on IVGC 2014 Tournament feat Xian, Dieminion, Luffy:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1fleqf_ivgc14-ssfivae-solo-tournament-top-8_videogames

Thanks Gagapa. I was waiting on this.

PSN: MisterScissors
  • Just FokuZJust FokuZ ShadowKhaN Joined: Posts: 409
    First time ever getting this to work, felt great. Any of you use this?

ShadowKhaN SRK
  • DontdodatDontdodat I know u want to Joined: Posts: 653
    I've only done it once (legitimately), when a Honda went for his stop sign jump. Since the distance the Ultra travels is so short it's never been too useful, although I admit I've been practising hold focus to go into it to tempt jumping.
  • Kriger SternKriger Stern Bison Scientist Joined: Posts: 1,596
    -Daeyrat
  • Filla^NegroFilla^Negro XBL Fillanegro Joined: Posts: 1
    it's been a while since i've competed in a tourney, let alone play Dictator. I need to work on my Anti-Air game outside Roundhouse, lol, so don't judge.

been awhile since I played at a tournament, there was 21 entrees this time, I didn't know the Elf Fuerte matchup lol

• sm0ke52sm0ke52 Joined: Posts: 91
    it's been a while since i've competed in a tourney, let alone play Dictator. I need to work on my Anti-Air game outside Roundhouse, lol, so don't judge.

Haha wow LPN looking super free.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    sm0ke52 wrote: »

Haha wow LPN looking super free.

Nice. LPN is a tough ass player.
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • m16ghostm16ghost Joined: Posts: 1,810

That walk up fierce at the end was so crispy
  • Mr. UnknownMr. Unknown Joined: Posts: 63
    Part 3 of Mono's Bison tutorial. Some good character-specific stuff here.

PSN: MisterScissors
    good shit from Phenom lol

• RammaRamma Team Blockstring Joined: Posts: 1,511
    Bison's newest outfit in all 22 colors

He got one of the better ones, IMO.
    PSN/XBL: RammaCricket | CFN: BS_Ramma
    SFV: Cammy/Necalli | Fun Subs: Ryu, Alex, Gief
    USFIV: Cody | Alt: Zangief
  • TheBirdLivesTheBirdLives Still not dead Joined: Posts: 592
    Here's some broken tier whiff punishing from our very own Phenom:

Out played, out spaced, out of luck Honda. GG Phenom.
    Bison 4 lyfe
  • DontdodatDontdodat I know u want to Joined: Posts: 653
    Those ultras from Honda were cringe worthy. I didn't realise how badly Capcom nerfed ex Headbutt until recently and this is a good example of what the Dictator can do.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    Came across these Neurosis vids the other day.

Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • Brodsta_AUBrodsta_AU Joined: Posts: 29
    My match vs. Vega at OzHadou Nationals a big tournament in Australia :)

• Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    Brodsta_AU wrote: »
    My match vs. Vega at OzHadou Nationals a big tournament in Australia :)

Round 2 of the second game was a heartbreaker man. You played so patient and calculated and then got a little nutty going for the kill.

Good shit, though.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
  • lynch03lynch03 Joined: Posts: 521
    edited November 2014

Me vs a pretty good Dhalism. We had 9 matches and I uploaded all of them, this one was the last.

I've been playing this game since Vanilla...played constantly for like 2 years then went totally on and off. Didn't really play last year, so my play is extremely sloppy but I can still pull wins out of my ass lol. A lot of videos are me trolling with other characters tho...which hasn't helped me at all with Bison at least, but have incidentally have given me a somewhat decent Ken and Ryu if I feel like trying.
  • Brodsta_AUBrodsta_AU Joined: Posts: 29
    lynch03 wrote: »

Me vs a pretty good Dhalism. We had 9 matches and I uploaded all of them, this one was the last.

I've been playing this game since Vanilla...played constantly for like 2 years then went totally on and off. Didn't really play last year, so my play is extremely sloppy but I can still pull wins out of my ass lol. A lot of videos are me trolling with other characters tho...which hasn't helped me at all with Bison at least, but have incidentally have given me a somewhat decent Ken and Ryu if I feel like trying.

You destroyed him at the 2:15 mark