Demon's/Dark Souls Thread. Dark Souls II !!

MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!!Joined: Posts: 2,025
Dark Souls is the sequel, more like successor to the highly succesful Demon's Souls. This time its Namco/Bandai picking up the publishing rights. For those who don't know what the first one was about here's the quick rundown. Now being developed for both the 360 and the PS3
The game will focus on dungeon exploring and the tension and fear that arise when players encounter enemies in this setting. The game is being called a spiritual successor to the Demon's Souls (which was a spiritual successor to the King's Field games). The player will battle using various weapons and strategies to survive in a dark fantasy world. Online features will allow players to share the play experience without need for direct communication.

There will be more weapons, spells, and no classes. It is also said to be 'significantly harder', with more enemies and more difficult encounters. It will include leaving messages to other players, seeing others' deaths, and PvP as well as a new co-op system.[3][4][5]

Game Spot First Look.

Anticipated release end of 2011.
twitter.com/quotesdeezy
facebook.com/mrquotes
BWAHAHAHA!!!
:eek:-x--<

Comments

• YellowS4YellowS4 Joined: Posts: 4,579
    This is the only RPG that matters.

Too bad people that imported the game are region server locked :(
  • SS The True Enemy Joined: Posts: 833 ✭✭✭
    I'd give it consideration if the people I know who imported it are planning to repurchase it.
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭
    I'm plannin on gettin it

o shit, I gotta add you to friend list quotes :o
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
  • P. GorathP. Gorath the crackdown Joined: Posts: 6,614
    King's Field/Shadow Tower > you

Shadow Tower Abyss - ACT LIKE YOU KNOW
  • MrQuotesMrQuotes WOLFFYYYYY!!! Joined: Posts: 2,025
    I'm plannin on gettin it

o shit, I gotta add you to friend list quotes :o

yea man. zidane and chaz are gettin this game too?

HYPE!
    twitter.com/quotesdeezy
    facebook.com/mrquotes
    BWAHAHAHA!!!
    :eek:-x--<
  • Dr. WilhelmDr. Wilhelm Most call me Doc. Joined: Posts: 1,017

Too bad people that imported the game are region server locked :(

^Tell me about it. I imported it a while ago, and can't really afford to buy it again to play with my friends getting the NA release.

But all the same the game itself is fantastic if you're the hardcore RPG/dungeon crawler type and it lives up to the hype of how difficult it is as well. Without careful planning some bosses will slap you around no problem.

Character creation is hilarious too because no matter how hard you try you cannot make your character not ugly looking. I've tried.
    I'm plugging my Twitter account right here.
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intriguing... I found a review posted here:

Each video I'm seeing only shows someone playing as a "knight" character though, and I'm more interested in the magic...
  • MGO_CountMGO_Count EXP Count Joined: Posts: 503
    Day 1 buy for me.
    I'm glad I waited for the game rather than Importing it. Good things come if you patiently wait.
    Back to Fighting! games..
  • KimuraLOXKimuraLOX Livin' between 2 bowling alleys Joined: Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game will FUCK YOU UP if you ain't careful...blocking and rolling is your friend for real, lol...
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Get on my level Joined: Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭
    getting it day 1, can't wait. been waiting for this for awhile, was too lazy to import.
  • ioio Joined: Posts: 1,408
    Finally, it arrives. I just hope it's half as good as the king's field games.
    (you're == you are) != your
    I hope Co-op won't be lag fest.
  • Dr. WilhelmDr. Wilhelm Most call me Doc. Joined: Posts: 1,017
    In my experience with the import lag was never really much of an issue. For the most part it was as if I was playing with someone in the same room.
    I'm plugging my Twitter account right here.
  • Mr. BastosMr. Bastos Sexy Commando! Joined: Posts: 2,132 ✭✭
    I'm getting it on day 1, can't wait
    "I have nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free."
    -Setzer FFVI

"Why did God give me a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to use them both at the same time?" -Robin Williams
  • Seijuro-HIkoSeijuro-HIko Joined: Posts: 211
    Im def going to pick this game up along with Uncharted 2. If you go to the ps3 thread theres more discussion about it.
    Feminists get on my fucking nerves. Them bitches use dildos like all other females.

My style is impetuous, My defense is impregnable
  • ninja_velmorninja_velmor Munchi Joined: Posts: 1,028
    been hype for this game for awhile now. I cant wait. picking it up on day 1 (ehich i hope is Tuesday, and not Wednesday)
    "let strength be granted so the world might be mended....... so the world might be mended":- demon's souls
    "I ain't addicted, i'm committed"- Wiz khalifa
  • matrix9280matrix9280 Not banned Joined: Posts: 2,604
    Are there different difficulty settings? If not then I'll pass. I have better things to do than get frustrated by a video game.
    There are three truths in this world: Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.

If you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.
  • ManxManx Bleeeeerrrgggghh!!! Joined: Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This is a game you learn how to play by losing -- you'll face sudden death frequently. But! Keep playing... and you'll realize how deep it really is."
    Marvel should jump on this and make a Calculator game.
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins untill "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,433 ✭✭
    I'm so ready for this game. I've been playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 but it's not quite as difficult as the 360 version, hopefully this game will be better for crushing my spirit.
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
  • JubeiNinja69JubeiNinja69 Playing To Win Joined: Posts: 1,156
    i'll be playing til uncharted 2 comes out.
    Strategy Zone lurker
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Xstars Joined: Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Btw, can you invite people on your friends list to play with you? Or is the Co-op all random?

Also. Fuck exams and research papers..... I won't be picking this game up until next week after I get all my shit out of the way.
  • King9999King9999 Mega Men Joined: Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea when Canada's getting this game, but I preordered it at VGP. I want to invest time in this game (and reduce my backlog), so I won't be getting Uncharted 2 right away.

I recommend reading this article: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25238
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8754-7747
    PSN/Steam ID: mmking9999
    Download Tile Crusher! http://king9999.itch.io/tile-crusher
    #TheMassacreOfE32013 Never forget...
  • XiiiXiii Joined: Posts: 1,020
    I've got this pre-ordered from VGP as well. In my experience I should be getting it today sometime actually. Also a misconception that's warding a lot of people that should probably be confirmed by someone that's already played the game, but the game isn't difficult really, it's more like you can't run around like every other action game expecting to survive for very long. Every enemy can kill you, but it's not like they have a million HP and are just hard because they're hard. If you know how to kill something, it'll die. First time in awhile, knowledge is power.
    I heard the New Game + will have infinite replayability. Nice
  • [wintermute][wintermute] BZ ALCON #OBL Joined: Posts: 190
    Will it be worth me importing the US version to play with you guys? I have been playing Demon's Souls for a while and it is hands down one of my favourite games right now. I definitely recommend it.
    [wintermute] gets summoned like Shen Long. Most people don't know who he is or forget about him until he appears to answer the meaning of life or whatever question he was summoned for. -- Nameingway
  • zerodotjanderzerodotjander Chinaman, Please! Joined: Posts: 304
    Yeah this game is awesome. I imported it and played it a bit, ended up giving it to a buddy when I heard the US version was coming out. Definitely looking forward to starting up again!
    Looks like everyone hyped up for tomorrow!
    Should I pre-order it last second? lol to get the Art book and soundtrack?
  • orochi1017orochi1017 Cult of Personality Joined: Posts: 869
    Thinking about it, lack of open ended is a bit upsetting, new game plus softens the blow.

Is it weird the supposed difficulty is a selling point to me though?
    It's DaiAndOh or just Dai
    "The purpose of striking a pose is not to become like a wallpaper. That's why we chant loudly when we pose, to draw attention to our magnificence."
    Thinking about it, lack of open ended is a bit upsetting, new game plus softens the blow.

Is it weird the supposed difficulty is a selling point to me though?

No because that's the sole reason this game caught my attention and I'm sure many others. The supposed difficulty.

Tired of good games that fall short of greatness simply because it didn't feel like a challenge and you get no satisfaction from beating it aside from perhaps enjoying the story.
  • Riot GuardRiot Guard Sup Ken? Joined: Posts: 3,880
    Ordered the deluxe today. I was sold with the Trailer's music. I almost care more about the soundtrack than the game. Both will be great though.
  • Mr.NoodleMr.Noodle Rage...Rising... Joined: Posts: 1,656
    I ordered it from Amazon so I'll probably get this game in a week. I'm just going off the hype from this forum so I hope I do like this game.
    Im tellin y'all a story in a gangsta way/ Thats how I roll nigga, AYE BAY BAY!!!!/ DingDang McGee
    I have no idea when Canada's getting this game, but I preordered it at VGP. I want to invest time in this game (and reduce my backlog), so I won't be getting Uncharted 2 right away.

I recommend reading this article: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=25238

that was one good read. Just makes me more and more hype, i really hope i can pick this up tomorrow.
    "let strength be granted so the world might be mended....... so the world might be mended":- demon's souls
    Sooooo does it just keep getting harder and harder every new game+? Like infinitely harder? Or is there a cap? What's the level cap btw?
  • daydaydayday BalletOfDestruction Joined: Posts: 2,191
    I ordered it from Amazon so I'll probably get this game in a week. I'm just going off the hype from this forum so I hope I do like this game.

I got it off of Amazon also, but I got release date delivery and it will be here tomorrow.

I have Amazon Prime and order all my games from them.
    No tax
    Free shipping
    Lower prices
  • KeresKeres (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Joined: Posts: 704
    Had the special edition pre-ordered for a while now.

As a fan of other notoriously hard games (NetHack for one), I am anxiously awaiting getting my face stomped on by this thing tomorrow.
    XBL: AIAB Keres / twitter: @cloudymusic
    SF4/P4A/3S
  • Septimus PrimeSeptimus Prime Grammar Fhrer Joined: Posts: 5,722
    This sounds like something I might have to pick up one day, despite it being an Atlus game. Perhaps after Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank ruin my social life, I'll give this a shot.
    Beef: It's what's for dinner.
    Beer: It's what's for right fucking now.

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice... fuck you.
  • JubeiNinja69JubeiNinja69 Playing To Win Joined: Posts: 1,156
    atlus just brought the game over and localized it. they didn't develop the game if that make you feel better.
    Strategy Zone lurker
    Nope. It doesn't. :smile:

This sounds like something I might have to pick up day one, despite it being an Atlus game. Perhaps after Uncharted 2 and Ratchet & Clank ruin my social life, I'll give this a shot.

Fixed. :wgrin:
    Fixed. :wgrin:
    You are new, so you wouldn't know, but I don't buy Atlus games. Period.

• invertebreainvertebrea Joined: Posts: 39
    sounds pretty sick. should be a good game.
    everyone in this thread needs to read that gamasutra article posted on page one
  • MillionMillion King of Creeps Joined: Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, now that's how you hype up a game, folks...that article made the game sound way too good...heh, I have to get this asap, and I don't even have my ps3 yet....I might actually get it right before getting the system.
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screw this game! I'm so close to get a platinum yet I don't get a drop of a pure bladestone from the phantom skeleton.. T_T

Anyways, I gotta post a warning for all you new peeps before you make a mistake in the game.

This game has some "traps" that would destroy your save if you don't know about them.

For example Yurt the NPC:
    # If you rescue Yurt, he will appear in the Nexus, and soon (after you kill another Boss or two) will start to kill other NPCs there
    # If Yurt is left alone long enough he will kill off important people in the nexus including the spell trainers and vendors.
    # To prevent Yurt from killing NPCs, kill him right after freeing him from the cage or immediately after seeing the two anonymous corpses in the Nexus.

Also from every boss you get a boss soul which you can:
    1.Pick the option "use" to eat it and gain souls (=money)- NEVER PICK THIS OPTION! ALWAYS GO FOR #2!
    2.Convert it into a spell or a unique weapon- You can sometimes convert it into multiple things but you only get one of a kind for each "game run" so always pick the useful one!

Let's take a look at the dilemmas I find the most important from here:
    Hard Demon's Soul

* Boss 2-1: Armor Spider
    * Weapon
    o 2-1 Blacksmith Ed - Lava Bow
    + May be upgraded from any of:
    # Short Bow +7
    # Long Bow +7
    # Compound Short Bow +7
    # Compound Long Bow +7
    * Magic
    o Freke - Firespray
    o Yuria - Igniter
    * Can be consumed for 3,200 soul points

Lava bow is the strongest bow in the game and you WILL need it.

* Dragon Demon's Soul
    o Boss 2-3: Dragon God
    o Magic
    + Freke - Fireball
    + Yuria - Firestorm
    o Miracle
    + Urbain - Rage of God
    o Can be consumed for 26,400 soul points

For this either Rage of God or Firestorm is fine, but I think ROG is more useful.

# Boss 4-1: Adjudicator
    # Weapon

* 2-1 Blacksmith Ed - Meat Cleaver
    o May be upgraded from any of:
    + Club +0
    + Great Club +0
    + War Pick +6
    + Mace +6
    + Pickaxe +6
    + Morning Star +6
    + Iron Knuckles +6
    + Mirdan Hammer +6

# Miracle

* Urbain - Slow Recovery

Pick Meat Clever as it causes knockdown on hit and will help you alot vs Humanoid enemies such as phantoms, Garl Vinland and Old Monk.

Hero Demon's Soul

* Boss 4-2: Old Hero
    * Weapon
    o 2-1 Blacksmith Ed - Large Sword of Searching
    # Claws +8
    # Broad Sword +8
    # Flamberge +8
    # Shotel +8
    # Scimitar +8
    # Falchion +8
    # Kilij +8
    # Uchigatana +8
    # Sais +8
    * Miracle
    o Urbain - One-Time Revival
    * Can be consumed for 36,000 soul points

Large Sword of Searching is a must-have for farming, especially for the crystal geckos (who have limited re-spawns!)

Storm Demon's Soul

* Boss 4-3: Storm King
    * Weapon
    o 2-1 Blacksmith Ed - Morion Blade
    # Short Sword +8
    # Long Sword +8
    # Knight Sword +8
    # Bastard Sword +8
    # Claymore +8
    # Great Sword +8
    * Miracle
    o Urbain - Anti-Magic Field
    * Can be consumed for 48,000 soul points

This is kinda hard since both are great. Anti Magic Field rapes world 3 for free (and useless in the rest of the game besides world 2's Black Phantom), but Morion Blade is for the ultimate bow combo. I'd say you should try to finish world 3 before you decide, and if you are having trouble with the magicians there get the spell. If you succeded w/o it, go for the Morion Blade.

Wriggling Demon's Soul

* Boss 5-1: Leechmonger
    * Magic
    o Freke - Poison Cloud
    * Miracle
    o Urbain - Cure
    * Can be consumed for 6,400 soul points

For god's sake pick Poison Cloud! It makes the hardest bosses in the game a joke!

Pureblood Demon's Soul

* Boss 5-3: Maiden Astraea
    * Weapon
    o 2-1 Blacksmith Ed - Blueblood Sword
    + May be upgraded from
    # Broken Sword +0
    * Magic
    o Freke - Death Cloud
    o Yuria - Relief
    * Miracle
    o Urbain - Resurrection
    * Can be consumed for 48,000 soul points

Pick Death Cloud, which is a stronger version of Poison Cloud but it doesn't work on the hard bosses. But it's a great tool in the levels themselves.

Anyways you should read a lot in the wiki as it has lots of info you must know.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • King9999King9999 Mega Men Joined: Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll never understand Sep's hate for Atlus.

VGP shipped the game...I'll be surprised if I get the game tomorrow.
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8754-7747
    PSN/Steam ID: mmking9999
    Download Tile Crusher! http://king9999.itch.io/tile-crusher
    #TheMassacreOfE32013 Never forget...
    You are new, so you wouldn't know, but I don't buy Atlus games. Period.

I have a 06 account, but I think it's dead and the email I used it is dead. Technically. :smokin:

Missing Atlus? what's up?
    Atlus games has history of reaching crazy prices on ebay.
  • TRTGTRTG Joined: Posts: 38
    gametrailer gave it 8.9 looks like i will pick it up tmr so i can do some random pvp assassination =P
  • AlphaDragoonAlphaDragoon ._. Joined: Posts: 3,076
    If it's anything like King's Field it will be epic. If not...well, at least it'll be decent.
    Spirit Juice on a new SE game:
    "If it's not Xenogears Episode IV I don't give a fuck what Square-Enix does."
  • matrix9280matrix9280 Not banned Joined: Posts: 2,604
    gametrailer gave it 8.9 looks like i will pick it up tmr so i can do some random pvp assassination =P

That's not right. They better have like separate servers for people who are into that kind of thing. I don't want any part of that. If it's like that then I'm not going to even bother with online.

I want to like this game but from what I'm reading/watching it seems like that there's a lot of stuff in the game that's just plain annoying. I guess that what's considered hard nowadays.
    There are three truths in this world: Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.

If you stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.
  • Mr. BastosMr. Bastos Sexy Commando! Joined: Posts: 2,132 ✭✭
    That's not right. They better have like separate servers for people who are into that kind of thing. I don't want any part of that. If it's like that then I'm not going to even bother with online.

I want to like this game but from what I'm reading/watching it seems like that there's a lot of stuff in the game that's just plain annoying. I guess that what's considered hard nowadays.

I'm not sure if they have that, cuz a friend of mine who imported the Asia version kept getting ganked by high levels. But even then he says he loved the game and is considering buying it again solely to play multiplayer. I think you can kick people from your game, and there are probably limits to how many can be in a "room" so just party up and should be no randoms killing the fun or you.

I got my artbook today, and it's nice. Not as big as the Knights in the Nightmare artbook, but still decent and comes with the OST. Can't wait to play this
    "I have nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free."
    -Setzer FFVI

"Why did God give me a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to use them both at the same time?" -Robin Williams