-- Weightlifting & Nutrition Thread -- v9.0 Optimized

Comments

• dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,504
    Beard me look younger. Non beard me looks awkward.

I like having a beard. I also like having a buzzed head. Mostly because i am low maintenence, but i just look better since i have a round head.

Bald spot and receeding hairline growing though.

People think i am 23, but nope

I lol
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    thurst wrote: »
    So if you were trying to get a 40 year-old chick into shape, where would you start? As of now, she's in "average" shape with a slight wine gut. The simplest thing I could think of was 5x5, any other suggestions?

Get @Azrael‌ to do his rape face. She'll be in shape in no time by the time she circles the Earth.

Breaking up drinks into longer intervals of smaller doses helps reduce beer belly, so I heard.

I was never fat and hopefully never will be. Unless you have some kind of physical disability like spine injury or something that prevents you from staying in shape, there's no reason why you can't fit a couple sets of M100s every morning and night even if you don't have time to work out.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Lol she's not Korean, I'm pretty sure she's not going to drinking and to be honest, she's not fat. We've been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week since mid November. I started her out with kettlebell squats and deadlifts, but now I got her using the bar.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,667
    dab00g wrote: »
    Treadmill bad on your knees, back, ankles...

Elliptical is the best cardio machine

But hey i get hard seeing a chick do push ups especially hindus and spidermans

Dude I kill the elliptical/arc trainer, my favorite cardio machine. A lot of girls at my current gym basically are just runners. Back in Cincinnati I met a girl who was a just starting as a fitness model. That chick was incredibly hot. love watching her do squats (in a non creepy way). She actually started talking to me because she saw me at the Arnold Classic, so that was pretty cool. Speaking of Arnold Classic, I don't think I truly appreciated a woman in shape until I got there. Like every woman is in great shape.

Also I wasn't into muscular chicks til I met Dana Linn Bailey and Kim Jones. It may just be that she goes ham in the gym.
    mr.sagat wrote: »
    Magnesium, zinc, and t-plus

I have excess testosterone hence me being a bearded and brauny asian.

When i hit 40 best believe i will hit up trt. Trt me is going to be insane

I'm jelly. I couldn't grow decent facial hair if my life depended on it. I don't even have chest hair or back hair, just a few odd hairs on the outer edges of my areolas, straight nasty... :(

mr sagat coming out from the wood works :smile:
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,604 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Not having body hair is awesome, I don't see what you guys are complaining about. Never met a chick that didn't have nothing but praise for the smoothness of my hairless, aerodynamic skin.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    By bar do you mean you are getting it in?

I am a hairy dude, but never had complaints.
  • beezibopbeezibop Sougenmu--> ??? --> Profit Joined: Posts: 458
    Welcome to manhood. :)

Seriously it is the best start.

Today my four movements were

Lunges, jumping jack, over shoulder bridges, and superman pushups

Calisthenics is the best conditioning tool.

If you do gotch bible, you will seriously become a cardio freak without trying.

Yeah it's getting to the point where I'm slowing down because my muscles are getting fatigued rather than trying to catch my breath.
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,667
    I shave my body, people can do whatever they want; but I enjoy having my physique show with a hairless torso. I'm actually thinking about shaving my legs for the same reason, just haven't done it yet.
    I always wanted traps like a battle toad and popeye forearms

4 movements

Pushups, star jumps (fuck you), kossack squats, over shoulder roll

Kossack squats are hell
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,329 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thurst wrote: »
    Not having body hair is awesome, I don't see what you guys are complaining about. Never met a chick that didn't have nothing but praise for the smoothness of my hairless, aerodynamic skin.

hahahahahaha i dont know why this is so funny to me.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Soviet

You should try out the Youtube channel FitMenCook. They have recipes that cover just about everything, and turn popular dishes into healthier versions of the original.

They even go over meal plans to last throughout the week.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RF-WV8uodb0

definitely going to check this out.

my main problem is that I work tremendously long hours, for long periods of time (my work week is five 12 hour shifts), and generally have to prepare a lot of food at once, for work, for several days at a time, with little or no time between shifts to cook again. So I've been eating a lot of sandwiches (and getting in shit for eating bread, even though I've been using whole wheat bread, usually with shit like qinoa or whatever), fruit, pasta, and shit like that. Been trying to find a healthy way to eat meat and vegetables in large filling amounts, with good nutritional value, lol. tried Chicken breasts and vegetables, but its hard to make healthy chicken breasts not taste bland. Been trying to add more broccoli to my diet, lol.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    But what about women with more body hair than you?
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    jebop wrote: »
    But what about women with more body hair than you?

I'm a hairy dude so that's impossible.

But a lot of Euro girls do have body hair. I've never seen it as an issue. I still prefer Euro girls.
    The only thing I dislike are girls walking around like.

goku_ssj3___coloured_by_ezio_anime-d55csm6.jpg

Spoke to a Russian one yesterday, fine as hell. Then noticed her eyebrows were tattoo'd on.
    Soviet

You should try out the Youtube channel FitMenCook. They have recipes that cover just about everything, and turn popular dishes into healthier versions of the original.

They even go over meal plans to last throughout the week.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RF-WV8uodb0

hey, in that video, and a lot of the videos that guy was doing (which were EXACTLY what I was looking for, heading out to buy groceries now!!!), he uses Coconut Aminos for his recipes. I looked around online, as I have never heard of that shit before, and it seems it's a sort of soy sauce substitute. Is this about right? Are there any other substitutes I can use over coconut aminos? I dont normally use a lot of salt, or any at all, when I cook, so my taste buds aren't really dependent on salty flavours for my meals.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

edited January 2015
    ElderGOD wrote: »
    I don't use salt nor sugar when I cook for myself. Got used to it.

yeah I've been the same way for years. I gained my weight because I ate way too much pasta when I was in my 20's and broke as fuck.

I went out and bought a huge chunk of what that guy did in his video, and it came out to way over the 75 bucks he spent. I had to go to 3 different stores before I found ONE PLACE that sold Coconut Aminos (for about 8 bucks a bottle), and coconut oil is like 10 bucks itself, for just a little jar. I got lucky that chicken breasts were on sale, but I still paid about 10 bucks for a pack of 4 chicken breasts. Asparagus came in at 5 fucking dollars, might be due to the season though.

On the plus side, a lot of this shit will last me for ages (Mrs. Dash seasonings, the coconut nonsense).

How are mushrooms, as a health food, out of curiousity? I generally cook with them a lot, and add them to various dishes.

• BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,415
    Mushrooms in general lack nutritional value but I like it as a meat substitute if I'm trying to get real meat to last over a longer stretch of meals.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    BullDancer wrote: »
    Mushrooms in general lack nutritional value but I like it as a meat substitute if I'm trying to get real meat to last over a longer stretch of meals.

i usually add it to meat, to make my meat last longer (lol). Mix it with veggies occasionally, too. I've done portabello grilled on the bbq too. I actually really enjoy mushrooms, lol. Always throw em in my chili.

SoVi3t wrote: »
    BullDancer wrote: »

i usually add it to meat, to make my meat last longer (lol). Mix it with veggies occasionally, too. I've done portabello grilled on the bbq too. I actually really enjoy mushrooms, lol. Always throw em in my chili.

O.O

Yeah, I do the same with mushrooms. I also like to have it with my eggs, depending on what I'm having for breakfast.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 904
    worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhd2G3Ct50Uh63Avpx

What would you guys do in this situation?
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,398
    FDream wrote: »

Oh, we fightin'.

I don't care if that shit is staged or not; it's amazing haha.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Aw, that muthafucka'd eat a flying 10lb plate to his smug-ass grill.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Just made up them asparagus and peppers (added about 1/4lb mushrooms to the recipe, though), I am in awe at how good they taste with these coconut aminos and just garlic and pepper. Easily got enough to last me 2-3 days, and thats if I pig out on them. Made up some chicken breasts, haven't really looked into portioning too much, so just taking one breast a day (got 4). Got some leftover Cuban tenderloin for the 5th day.

• DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,521

I'd be too stunned from the fact he had the audacity to even do that.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,231
    I'd laugh. Like you gotta have some balls to do that shit and expect not to get hit in the head with a weight.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    Dear diary,

After recovering from sickness, and almost hand injury. I feel stronger in the gym, almost back to my usual weights, and doing higher on other things. I've made a different routine for 2015, I've also added in circuit training, boxfit, and Yoga because I always see @dab00g‌ talking about it. Unfortunately, it's not DDP Yoga so I can't post a DaBang.gif.
    Dramatix wrote: »

I'd be too stunned from the fact he had the audacity to even do that.

that mother fucker would never come back up from his next squat.

edited January 2015
    WRONG PHUCKIN THREAD
    I'm having trouble with the catch on the high clean, my shoulders just aren't in good position or my flexibility just isn't there. I think I'll just cut out cleans. I used to just do a high clean press with lower weights but I don't know if that's even worth doing either.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,022
    How often should I really be going to failure?

And which way do I help fix a muscle imbalance? Left deltoids/biceps/triceps hold me back all the time.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    As often as possible, for me at least. As long as you can maintain proper form.

And which way do I help fix a muscle imbalance? Left deltoids/biceps/triceps hold me back all the time.

Probably never. Depends on what you're doing. But going to failure on everything all the time, for weight lifting, is generally a noob mistake.
    Serpent wrote: »
    Probably never. Depends on what you're doing. But going to failure on everything all the time, for weight lifting, is generally a noob mistake.
    Which definition of failure are you using? I'm using the one for sets and form, as clarified by the second sentence of my previous post.

Noob mistake is confusing training to failure with training to muscle failure, avoiding rest, etc.
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,022
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to failure every time I go to the gym.

My problem is, after I complete the first set of an exercise (let's say barbell bench 3x10), then I'll plan to do 3x8 on some other chest related exercise...and then get fatigued early during the second set.

I'm thinking I should lower the weight so I can actually squeeze out 3 complete sets without having to take a big pause between reps. Again, I think I should...but I don't want to.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,499
    I'm going to failure every time I go to the gym.

My problem is, after I complete the first set of an exercise (let's say barbell bench 3x10), then I'll plan to do 3x8 on some other chest related exercise...and then get fatigued early during the second set.

I'm thinking I should lower the weight so I can actually squeeze out 3 complete sets without having to take a big pause between reps. Again, I think I should...but I don't want to.

What I like to do is work up in weight until I can do a max of three reps. That typically lets me know its time to start dropping weight. So usually if I am doing bench I will start with maybe 20 reps and it slowly decreases as the weight goes up. The when I start dropping weight once I get back to 135lbs it feels like 300. You get a great pump and a great workout. But I don't do that every workout. My thing is that a lot of folks focus on how heavy the weight is as opposed to the quality of the lifts are. Form is paramount, and it ultimately leads to lifting heavier. I suggest focus on perfect form for each rep, because you are doing yourself a favor in the long run. If you feel you should lower the weight then you most likely should. Train smart and hard, just don't train hard.
    edited January 2015
    I'm addicted to Muesli.
    edited January 2015
    I'm having trouble with the catch on the high clean, my shoulders just aren't in good position or my flexibility just isn't there. I think I'll just cut out cleans. I used to just do a high clean press with lower weights but I don't know if that's even worth doing either.

I like doing clean and press with kettle bells because it is less taxing on my shoulders

But in reallity why would you need to do the move with the activities you do.

For me it's the explosiveness that helps with grappling.

I tweaked my neck from sleeping weird and will stop doing weight training and do just yoga, nerve gliding, until the numbness stops. Also fucked my shoulder from helping people move.

Honestly hate compensating for somebody's weakness.

So right now i am pissed, sore, and hornery

Dastunna sounds like he is doing prison lifting with no focus on total body balance.

I don't like going to failure. It just feels wrong.

My gym days are split to

Chest/back
    Legs
    Bis/tris
    Legs/shoulders

I change up my lift chest then back or bis then tris then back so i do about 6-8 different lifts only

You sound like your failure is going until your arms are shaking. That's muscle fatigue. Failure means your form is starting to falter so stop, do not "push out one last set"

Because you are overworking. That's why you have a @tekno virus like physique

I like doing clean and press with kettle bells because it is less taxing on my shoulders

But in reallity why would you need to do the move with the activities you do.

For me it's the explosiveness that helps with grappling.

I tweaked my neck from sleeping weird and will stop doing weight training and do just yoga, nerve gliding, until the numbness stops. Also fucked my shoulder from helping people move.

Honestly hate compensating for somebody's weakness.

So right now i am pissed, sore, and hornery

Yeah my shoulders are bad now too. That's honestly the major reason why I haven't been lifting routinely. I don't care about being ripped anymore, I just want to lose some fat that I have. I still look really big without lifting much at all. Maybe I don't need to clean though, I was thinking of just using the snatch since it's a similar movement but without racking on the shoulders. For the press I don't use that much weight so racking isn't as big of an issue.

Weight training is just the easiest way to stay in shape. Calisthenics is better overall but takes longer and is harder to do. I'd probably just do pullups but I can't do those right now, probably I have to weight train up until I can do pullups.