-- Weightlifting & Nutrition Thread -- v9.0 Optimized

Comments

• StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 5,501
    edited January 2015
    So 2 things....

1. Has ON changed their formula of stuff? I know I saw after the summer last year there multivitamin they scammed everyone out on, same price less stuff, and less total in it. But also the new protien powder ive got from them doesnt taste as good =/ Tastes werid did they switch they switch their formula?

2. On a pretty interesting note that even has my doctors baffled. And shes said shes never seen anything like it. Well so again I have all this low T crap going on. Well if anyone has read my posts or knows my story before ive tried clomid etc tried herbs vitamins etc yadda yadda. And well its raised my total T a bit, but has never risen my free T. Well get this, so for the past few months ive been taken a extra 30mg of zinc and 2000mg or whatever of vitamin D when I go to bed. So my last test? Well, free T has still not risen at all. But my total T skyrocketed to 811. My doctor was shocked as well of course I was. And said shes never seen anyone actually respond that significantly just to adding more zinc and vitamin D. Althuogh of course she isnt sure why my free T didnt rise with it at all which is why I think I still have all the symptoms. But hey pretty interesting, she actually thought maybe I started taking something else. lol And thought that with my total T that high my sex drive should have at least come back a little. But nope not really. Although I just took that as more proof to me that free T is the most important thing.

@dialupsucky‌

zinc+magnesium supplements taken daily have been known to increase testosterone by 30% after 2+months of daily intake.
    Vit D is a cholesterol based hormone....so it can be a result of it improving any 'Pregnenolone stealing' that can be occurring in a hypothyroid sufferer.
    yup, regarding libido & T, free T is what counts

just to give you an update on my situation....
    I completely switched off all thyroid hormone and went on just potassium iodide 50mg/ml a day.
    huge difference.
    I feel very close to pre-Hashimoto days. ie, normal.

here's why I went to this conclusion.

I was reading up on the blood-testis barrier which is similar to the blood-brain barrier...and wondered if maybe the problem with my balls not producing enough T had to do with the fact that synthetic T3/T4 thyroid drugs and desiccated(animal based) thyroid drugs...since they aren't 100% human and akin to your own body's cells....maybe they just cant pass through the blood-testis barrier like the way your thyroid hormone could pre-hashi days.
    which would explain dysfunctional T output even if we get more than enough (foreign-non-natural to our body)thyroid hormone to do the job.

so I switched off the desiccated, which as you remember works far batter at metabolizing cholesterol into the catabolic/anabolic steroids....and switched onto potassium iodide 50ml a day.
    huge difference.
    all memory problems...gone
    all brain fog, lack of concentration ....gone.
    razor sharp thinking like pre Hashimoto days.
    my cholesterol...down.
    I feel my adrenals actually healing up bigtime.
    no more lower back pain and no more fatigue.
    tons of energy.
    keep in mind your b2 & B3 vitamins have to really increase...atp co-factors with the increase of energy.
    I don't multivitamin anymore.
    I take each vitamin separately now.
    since each singular vitamin supplement has a higher dosage level than in their multi form.

in studies using rabbits who had high levels of cholesterol induced onto them.
    synthetic T4 only did not convert their cholesterol into steroid hormones very well. only moderate cholesterol to steroid metabolism occurred.
    desiccated thyroid did convert all cholesterol induction into steroid hormone
    potassium iodide did convert all cholesterol induction into steroid hormone.

I have done all 3. synthetic T4 only, desiccated, and potassium iodide and without question its the iodine that is the key missing ingredient regarding hypothyroid nutrition.

the iodine passes through the blood-brain blood-testis barrier unlike the 'foreign to your body' synthetic & animal based thyroid hormones.
    big difference.

p.s.
    high potassium iodide level can cause goiter but only if selenium supplementation isn't used.
    400mcg of selenium daily combined with the iodide keeps the thyroid safe from thyroid antibodies and from enlarging/goiter. keeps it nice and healthy and normal.

I recommend switching off the synthetic T4 only and just using 50ml of P iodide.

btw, did you ever try the DHT gel?
    I found it to be 1,000x better at increasing my libido than any amount of testosterone. T does nothing really for my libido but DHT is amazing at increasing sperm and ejaculate and desire for sex overall.

also, have you tried 100mg of DHEA?
    I personally cant use it due to my hypoadrenalism being past stage 3. when its that bad(near failing) even adrenal hormone like DHEA exhausts the adrenals. only hydrocortisone/prednisone works to treat adrenals that are that weak. DHEA just makes the adrenal exhaustion worse.
    Post edited by StockyJam on
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,432
    You need the Gotch Bible in your life @Serpent‌

You pick your four movements, then do them.

My cardio is focused entirely on being low impact on my joints
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited January 2015
    -For dhea no. There was a time when my doctors told me to try, but then after we saw taking all these herbs, clomid, etc although raising my total T were also raising my estrogen so they said im to estrogen senstive. I do have arimidex but I dont like to take it since its hard to dose. So they said try to find other means other than DHEA right now...

-DHT stuff nah im not looking to mess with that. Since well thats the main thing that makes you lose your hair. Ive had my levels checked before though and they were fine. Im not looking to raise it to higher levels again cuz of the hair. I already have a hard enough time keeping my hair as it is with all the health crap. Ive actually just this past year started losing some hair on my hair line, but ive also been getting some redness and dry spots at it as well. I know ive gotten other dry spots on my body as well though. Gonna go to a dermatologist about it here soon actually cuz obviously hella anal about my hair lol. I dont think its dandruff or anything since I also have had some dry spots on my body as well. Im wondering if its just a effect of the scerloderma or something getting worse.

-Havnt heard of this potassium thing ill have to look it up. I assume that messes with my levels though? Ive had high potassium tests though before though so wouldnt that raise me and maybe be dangerous or?..

-Not aware on this blood barrier thing either ill have to look it up as well.

-My vitamin D levels still arent good for what its worth ive been taking 4,000 a day. And my test just this past month was 35 with ranges 30-100. So it is winter but youd think it shouldnt be that low since it just started. Again doctors just think since my body is fucked I dont really digest things very well anymore but next time I need a new bottle gonna have to buy a higher dose I guess lol.

-As for the zinc thing again ya its wierd. Again free T with standing as thats never risen this past 4 years or whatever its been now since ive been getting checked more regularly. My total T started out at 300. And all the time using a butt load of herbs, more vitamins, even clomid it raised to 500. Well now with 30 extra zinc at night it raised to 811. But another thought I had was, I wonder if its because my copper balance is fucked. I eat a ton of cashews since its hard for me to eat and its the easiest way to get in more calories. Well i was doing some bro science and just from cashews alone I get like 200% of my daily copper lol. And theres only 30% of my zinc for the day out of those so already just from that my copper zinc balance is way off. So im wondering if thats why taking extra zinc was so effective.
    edited January 2015
    -For dhea no. There was a time when my doctors told me to try, but then after we saw taking all these herbs, clomid, etc although raising my total T were also raising my estrogen so they said im to estrogen senstive. I do have arimidex but I dont like to take it since its hard to dose. So they said try to find other means other than DHEA right now...

-DHT stuff nah im not looking to mess with that. Since well thats the main thing that makes you lose your hair. Ive had my levels checked before though and they were fine. Im not looking to raise it to higher levels again cuz of the hair. I already have a hard enough time keeping my hair as it is with all the health crap. Ive actually just this past year started losing some hair on my hair line, but ive also been getting some redness and dry spots at it as well. I know ive gotten other dry spots on my body as well though. Gonna go to a dermatologist about it here soon actually cuz obviously hella anal about my hair lol. I dont think its dandruff or anything since I also have had some dry spots on my body as well. Im wondering if its just a effect of the scerloderma or something getting worse.

-Havnt heard of this potassium thing ill have to look it up. I assume that messes with my levels though? Ive had high potassium tests though before though so wouldnt that raise me and maybe be dangerous or?..

-Not aware on this blood barrier thing either ill have to look it up as well.

-My vitamin D levels still arent good for what its worth ive been taking 4,000 a day. And my test just this past month was 35 with ranges 30-100. So it is winter but youd think it shouldnt be that low since it just started. Again doctors just think since my body is fucked I dont really digest things very well anymore but next time I need a new bottle gonna have to buy a higher dose I guess lol.

-As for the zinc thing again ya its wierd. Again free T with standing as thats never risen this past 4 years or whatever its been now since ive been getting checked more regularly. My total T started out at 300. And all the time using a butt load of herbs, more vitamins, even clomid it raised to 500. Well now with 30 extra zinc at night it raised to 811. But another thought I had was, I wonder if its because my copper balance is fucked. I eat a ton of cashews since its hard for me to eat and its the easiest way to get in more calories. Well i was doing some bro science and just from cashews alone I get like 200% of my daily copper lol. And theres only 30% of my zinc for the day out of those so already just from that my copper zinc balance is way off. So im wondering if thats why taking extra zinc was so effective.

yeah, of course it'll raise your potassium levels.
    the only thing I know about potassium regarding thyroid disease is people with hyperthyroidism/grave's disease is that they are potassium deficient due to a drop in overall salts(electrolytes). magnesium, sodium, potassium, calcium deficient...electrolyte deficient overall. which when I have taken too much thyroid hormone I cramp up.
    people who are hyperthyroid cramp up due to low electrolyte levels from the thyroid hormone increasing their metabolism so much they cant keep up electrolyte-wise from their diet.

so if your potassium is high...and you are hypo....and hyperthyroid people are potassium low....idk maybe your thyroid hormone isn't moving the electrolytes to its muscle tissues enough.
    have you checked to see how your calcium, magnesium, and sodium levels are?
    especially your sodium. I'd be perplexed if those levels were normal.

you can always take nascent iodine which totally excludes the potassium iodine and just gives you the non-poisonous ingestable iodine.

with an increase in iodine yeah you'll def have to decrease the T4 drug.

the sweet spot for potassium iodide is 50ml/50mg a day.
    I do not know what the proper range of nascent iodine is.

LUGOL'S 5%: Each VERTICAL drop is about 6.25 mg's of iodine/potassium iodide (2.5 mg iodine, 3.75 mg potassium iodide) and 2 drops is about 12.50 mg's of iodine/potassium iodide (5.0 mg iodine, 7.50 mg potassium iodide)
    keep in mind potassium iodide eventually becomes iodine inside the body when it eventually gets converted.
    for most hypothyroid people the sweet spot where you don't need thyroid hormone anymore is 50mg of PI.

here I found this on Nascent Iodine.
    DIRECTIONS: Use 1–10 drops (or more) daily, or as directed by a health care professional. One drop provides 400 mcg (micrograms) of iodine. Sublingual usage (i.e., placing drops directly under the tongue) is an effective means of administration, or drops may be taken in water or juice. Better results may be obtained by taking drops in the morning or early afternoon, as this may help prevent a surge of metabolic energy in the evening that could interfere with sound sleep during the night.

Nascent Iodine is more effectively absorbed and utilized than other forms of iodine. We suggest starting at a low dosage and increasing it gradually. You might begin with 1–8 drops of Nascent Iodine and then increase your dose from that starting point. 10 drops is 4 mg of iodine. Users typically report excellent results taking a daily dose of 1 mg (2.5 drops) to 8 mg (20 drops) of Nascent Iodine. Your needs may vary.

Given the unique potency of Nascent Iodine, Dr. Brownstein’s recommendation of 12 mg to 50 mg of iodine daily can be considered a relatively high dosage when the form taken is Nascent Iodine. Dr. Brownstein notes that the average daily intake in Japan approximately is 14 mg per day. Yet, this iodine is mostly derived from seaweeds in the diet. Whereas he asserts that significant benefits begin to accrue at 12 mg per day (which he describes as having been established as the optimal daily dose for most people) (Iodine 205), we again note that Nascent Iodine is more effectively absorbed and utilized than other forms of iodine (e.g., potassium iodide), including iodine-containing foods such as seaweeds. We therefore suggest a dosage between 1 mg (2.5 drops) and 8 mg (20 drops) per day. If you consume a large amount of ocean vegetables (seaweeds, e.g., kelp), then your dosage correspondingly can be lessened.

so there you go. its more potent than potassium iodide so definitely less than 50mg a day for the Nascent.

but like I said before, as long as you take 400mcg of selenium its totally safe for your thyroid not just in it not causing any increase in thyroid antibodies but also in not enlarging thyroid cells ie goiter.
    and much more importantly,
    it works 1,000x better than any thyroid hormone.
    like you know, I've been on synthroid and desiccated thyroid(Thyroid-S) and its....just soooooooooo much more effective than the thyroid drugs.
    I feel very very very close to normal like before I ever got sick.
    I cant say I feel 100% since I'm still healing up my adrenals which takes time but I def feel a huge difference before and after.
    no brain fog or lack of concentration like the way I felt on the thyroid hormone meds...razor sharp thinking.
    I remember everything and have zero trouble remembering or concentrating.
    energy level is awesome and unlike the thyroid meds I do not experience any hyperthyroid side effects like I would with the thyroid hormones.
    my adrenals feel so much better. the lower back pain is gone and I feel my adrenals getting stronger. which I never really felt before.
    as for my testis I cant really tell if its making a difference since my libido hasn't increased but that's mostly because I'm on very high doses of hydrocortisone which blocks testosterone/androgens in general.

I do advise that you never take iodine before bedtime since you obviously wont sleep.

but yeah, I really truly think the secret is iodine for hypothyroidism.
    its definitely, imo, the correct proper best treatment for hashi or any form of hypothyroidism.
    cuz its def having a major effect on my body.
    I feel very very close to pre hypothyroid days of when I had 100% health. its pretty amazing. wish I had tried the high dose of iodine sooner.

when you are on 50mg a day of potassium iodide you don't take your thyroid meds anymore. don't even need it really. you'll only need to take a very very very small amount. like 1/4 or 1/2 of whatever you take daily but only 1 or 2x a week.
    I use to take 2 grains of thyroid-S a day.....which is about equal to 150mcg to 200mcg range of synthroid...
    now I take about 2 grains every 7 days. that's it. 1 sat and 1 sunday.
    that's all I need now.

but like I said. now I feel almost completely hypothyroid symptom free.
    while before I did feel hypothyroid symptoms regardless of my thyroid med dose.
    and i've had my TSH range from as high as 63 all the way down to 0.04.
    Symptoms remained regardless of med dose.
    and the only way to get rid of the symptoms was to crank the thyroid hormones so high up in dosage it would remove the hypo symptoms but add the hyperthyroid symptoms of excessive sweating, bulging eyes, extreme muscle cramps, etc.
    with the iodine I get none of the hypo or hyper symptoms. i just feel normal.

I wish I could tell you it fixed my libido but like I said I am on a high daily dose of hydrocortisone still and it'll be months before I can be completely off it.
    but I do believe with how much it has improved my brain, muscles, and adrenals...I do believe once I'm off the HC it will show positive results regarding the testis/androgens in general.
    I do notice I don't feel anymore pain in my balls where I once had pain.

btw. interesting fact.
    the highest bodily concentrations of iodine outside of the thyroid are female breasts, male prostate, ovaries, and testes, and adrenals.

well anyway, try the nascent iodide and get it to the dose point where you only need 1/2 of your daily synthroid just one time a week....and do it for a month.
    man you'll def see and feel a huge difference how great you'll feel.
    lol, but you will feel like shit in the beginning as the iodine pushes all the halide toxins out your body. you are gonna feel like quitting in the 1st couple weeks. you'll feel like you have a cold when you don't. but it passes. give it a month. then you'll see.

***KEEP IN MIND TINCTURE OF IODINE IS ELEMENTAL IODINE WHICH IS POISONOUS IF INGESTED AND ONLY TO BE USED FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY***

this is oral injestable iodine I'm talking about here.
    nascent iodine and potassium iodide....not tincture of iodine for anyone reading.

Post edited by StockyJam on
    i mean, when i think back to like...my college days..before getting sick. before Hashis....i had, like everyone else in college, a horrible diet.
    yet, even if you aren't getting enough iodine in your college shitty insufficient diet...you never feel hypothyroid or never develop goiter.
    why?
    the only conclusion has to be that the thyroid isn't just an organ that cranks out thyroid hormone.
    it must also be an organ that does an amazing incredible job of storing iodine for when you need it most. storing it in massive reserves.
    ie, its a miraculous sponge of iodine.
    if it wasn't.
    we would all feel like shit(hypo) during our college years where we don't have a good diet and don't have iodized salt every day. not even close to daily needs.
    once you get Hashimoto's, a damaged thyroid. scarred and broken. now the importance of how much you need iodine and by how much becomes apparent.
    now that the sponge that was able to house and contain tons of iodine that can no longer hold those huge reserves of iodine...then its clear.
    that's the difference i think.
    that its not so much the thyroid hormone that's important...but the iodine not being able to get held in reserve in the body any longer due to a broken scarred organ is what makes the difference
    now that your thyroid is scarred and broken the iodine just passes right through you and all your organs, from your nuts to your brains aren't getting anywhere near the necessary levels of iodine.
    i realize that now.
    cuz i feel....close to normal. now that i get 50mg of potassium iodide i def feel,....close to normal(pre-hypothyroid).
    its miraculous.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    I will forever hate burpees.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • SerpentSerpent Holy Phoenix Joined: Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dab00g wrote: »
    You need the Gotch Bible in your life @Serpent‌

You pick your four movements, then do them.

My cardio is focused entirely on being low impact on my joints

Hmm, PM me a link?
    It's easy

Deck of cards.

Assign. 4 different calistgenics exercises to each suit.

1-10 is the reps

For me this what i do for face cards
    J=all four moves in one shot
    q=15
    K=20

For instance choose

Bodyweight squats
    Jumping jacks
    Burpees
    Dive bombers

And assign them to a suit

I use a card shuffler app since i hate 52 pickup
    ya im gonna have to stay away from the potassium stuff cuz like I said I actually have high levels sometimes. I assume its from my kidneys getting worse as I get sicker that kinda thing. Only time I have low potassium is when im throwing up a lot, not able to eat for periods of time that kinda thing. Anyway ill try to get to all the links you wrote etc thanks
    well, that's why I mention the nascent iodine.
    it doesn't have any potassium or iodide in it. just the iodine.
  • Buster CannonBuster Cannon Cool head, heated heart Joined: Posts: 3,442
    thurst wrote: »
    Any good tips for recovery from soreness (mainly legs) after heavy lifting? I'm making progress on stronglifts, but I need to make sure I'm getting good recovery so I can put forth my best effort on my subsequent lifts. Today was 170 for squats and they aren't getting any easier lol.

How much do you weigh again? If you're talking about pounds then as long as you're eating enough, you'll be alright. If you're talking kilos, then I would bring it down to 3x3.

Super late response, but I'm 185lbs (give or take). Still making progress; squat is at 215 now so I'm a few workouts away from a double-plater. Like you said, I need to focus on eating in a caloric surplus so I can actually make strength gains.
    PSN: AquaTeamV3
    SFV Fighter ID: BusterCannon
    FightCade: AquaTeamV3
    My YouTube Channel
    The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)
    @dialupsucky‌
    one last thing.
    3 things that are known to free up testosterone are tongkat ali, stinging nettle root and boron.
    but the interesting thing I found out is this.
    Boron's highest concentration in the body is in the parathyroid glands.
    now isn't that interesting.
    hmmmmmmmm.
    I wonder.
    ya i got some stinging nettle actually I just have never gotten around to trying it out. Interesting about the boron maybe ill ask my doctor to get it checked out.
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,222 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So 2 things....

1. Has ON changed their formula of stuff? I know I saw after the summer last year there multivitamin they scammed everyone out on, same price less stuff, and less total in it. But also the new protien powder ive got from them doesnt taste as good =/ Tastes werid did they switch they switch their formula?

2. On a pretty interesting note that even has my doctors baffled. And shes said shes never seen anything like it. Well so again I have all this low T crap going on. Well if anyone has read my posts or knows my story before ive tried clomid etc tried herbs vitamins etc yadda yadda. And well its raised my total T a bit, but has never risen my free T. Well get this, so for the past few months ive been taken a extra 30mg of zinc and 2000mg or whatever of vitamin D when I go to bed. So my last test? Well, free T has still not risen at all. But my total T skyrocketed to 811. My doctor was shocked as well of course I was. And said shes never seen anyone actually respond that significantly just to adding more zinc and vitamin D. Althuogh of course she isnt sure why my free T didnt rise with it at all which is why I think I still have all the symptoms. But hey pretty interesting, she actually thought maybe I started taking something else. lol And thought that with my total T that high my sex drive should have at least come back a little. But nope not really. Although I just took that as more proof to me that free T is the most important thing.

@dialupsucky‌

zinc+magnesium supplements taken daily have been known to increase testosterone by 30% after 2+months of daily intake.
    Vit D is a cholesterol based hormone....so it can be a result of it improving any 'Pregnenolone stealing' that can be occurring in a hypothyroid sufferer.
    yup, regarding libido & T, free T is what counts

just to give you an update on my situation....
    I completely switched off all thyroid hormone and went on just potassium iodide 50mg/ml a day.
    huge difference.
    I feel very close to pre-Hashimoto days. ie, normal.

here's why I went to this conclusion.

I was reading up on the blood-testis barrier which is similar to the blood-brain barrier...and wondered if maybe the problem with my balls not producing enough T had to do with the fact that synthetic T3/T4 thyroid drugs and desiccated(animal based) thyroid drugs...since they aren't 100% human and akin to your own body's cells....maybe they just cant pass through the blood-testis barrier like the way your thyroid hormone could pre-hashi days.
    which would explain dysfunctional T output even if we get more than enough (foreign-non-natural to our body)thyroid hormone to do the job.

so I switched off the desiccated, which as you remember works far batter at metabolizing cholesterol into the catabolic/anabolic steroids....and switched onto potassium iodide 50ml a day.
    huge difference.
    all memory problems...gone
    all brain fog, lack of concentration ....gone.
    razor sharp thinking like pre Hashimoto days.
    my cholesterol...down.
    I feel my adrenals actually healing up bigtime.
    no more lower back pain and no more fatigue.
    tons of energy.
    keep in mind your b2 & B3 vitamins have to really increase...atp co-factors with the increase of energy.
    I don't multivitamin anymore.
    I take each vitamin separately now.
    since each singular vitamin supplement has a higher dosage level than in their multi form.

in studies using rabbits who had high levels of cholesterol induced onto them.
    synthetic T4 only did not convert their cholesterol into steroid hormones very well. only moderate cholesterol to steroid metabolism occurred.
    desiccated thyroid did convert all cholesterol induction into steroid hormone
    potassium iodide did convert all cholesterol induction into steroid hormone.

I have done all 3. synthetic T4 only, desiccated, and potassium iodide and without question its the iodine that is the key missing ingredient regarding hypothyroid nutrition.

the iodine passes through the blood-brain blood-testis barrier unlike the 'foreign to your body' synthetic & animal based thyroid hormones.
    big difference.

p.s.
    high potassium iodide level can cause goiter but only if selenium supplementation isn't used.
    400mcg of selenium daily combined with the iodide keeps the thyroid safe from thyroid antibodies and from enlarging/goiter. keeps it nice and healthy and normal.

I recommend switching off the synthetic T4 only and just using 50ml of P iodide.

btw, did you ever try the DHT gel?
    I found it to be 1,000x better at increasing my libido than any amount of testosterone. T does nothing really for my libido but DHT is amazing at increasing sperm and ejaculate and desire for sex overall.

also, have you tried 100mg of DHEA?
    I personally cant use it due to my hypoadrenalism being past stage 3. when its that bad(near failing) even adrenal hormone like DHEA exhausts the adrenals. only hydrocortisone/prednisone works to treat adrenals that are that weak. DHEA just makes the adrenal exhaustion worse.

@TheKingOfParody:

I think I'm catching the main parts of this, but just to be sure I'll explain my own wants.

Basically, I need more energy. Not even so much to do a workout, but to stay energized. I KNOW I can do more than I'm doing, but the body feels like it is dying off on what should be rather easy weights by this point. Also, My memory is HORRIBLE. I don't actually take anything for workouts outside of Hydroxycut extreme right now, but I feel that I should probably get away from that if I can. I'm thinking the answer to both problems is in my mind more than anywhere else. is the Potassium iodide a good idea for me? Thanks in advance.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
    edited January 2015
    You should take multi vitamins. Also look into eating healthier.

If it is an energy thing try out vitamin b complexes.

All these things are available at the grocery store.

Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for more in depth review

Hydroxycut by itself is not at all good

Now you should be looking into multivitamins and a vitamin b complex to keep your energy up.

Basic stuff

And this is drug advice from your helpful pharmacist
    edited January 2015
    @Starhammer get your thyroid checked.
    a average normal healthy person has a TSH at around a 1.
    1-4 is considered normal. just because yours maybe a 5 or something not in between a 1-4 doesn't mean you are hypothyroid. I've heard of people claiming to be a 5 and only feeling well at a 5. everyone is different regarding body chemistry. it all depends on how you feel and if you have hypothyroid symptoms.
    get thyroid tests done.
    that said, even if your are A OK in the thyroid department....everyone is deficient in iodine to some degree unless you are a big seafood eater.
    since they no longer use iodine in bread and use bromide instead. not to mention all the floride in our tap water.

um, take 4 multivitamins a day. Don't worry its not excessive. the RDA=MDA. The recommended daily allowance is NOT recommended since the Recomemmended daily allowance use to be called the MDA. the Minimum daily allowance. Signifying its the barest minimum amount of nutrients to just barely keep you alive. ie, its not the optimal dose of nutrients for normal healthy living.
    So 4 multivits a day isn't gonna really hurt you or anyone.

as for your iodide Q.
    uh...the two biggest gas pedals regarding metabolism and the messenger chemicals that dictate how you burn calories and fat to transform into energy is epinephrine and thyroid hormone.
    they work in conjunction to drive metabolism.
    thyroid hormone makes the body more sensitive to epinephrine.
    epinephrine makes the body more sensitive to thyroid hormone.
    this is why you need adequate amounts of both to have a nice healthy metabolic drive.
    so...
    that said.
    I recommend you get off anything that has any amount of caffeine in it.
    Caffeine just works by causing your adrenals to crank out more epinephrine...hence caffeine's increase in metabolism effects.
    but its an artificial increase and caffeine really burns out adrenals especially in excess.
    you don't need to be off it forever. just take 6 months off.
    in the meantime rest and heal the adrenals with ginger tea.
    ginger has terpenes in it which is the precursor to cholesterol which feeds the adrenals.
    this is why ginger raises your metabolism without leaving you with that burnt out feeling at the end of the day like caffeine does.
    so replace caffeine with a good strong Chinese ginger tea brand. I recommend the packet ginger teas over the tea bag version. you can also buy raw ginger in the supermarket and make it by hand but its a lot stronger though.
    this is just to heal up any adrenal exhaustion taking place from the caffeinated drinks you've been taking.
    so get off everything with caffeine for 6 months and replace it with raw ginger tea. use milk/honey in the tea if you like.

as for the potassium iodide.
    you can take it but if you are not 100% hypothyroid and really really hypothyroid 50mg of potassium iodide is NOT recommended at all.
    that's too high for anyone that doesn't have thyroid scarring.
    take at the most, 12.5mg of iodide.
    with 12.5mg you should get the benefits.
    to make it easy take the tablet brand Iodoral. you can find it on amazon website. or ebay.
    break apart 1 tablet and take 1/2 the first week or two. then increase to the full tablet. each tablet=12.5mg
    always in the morning after waking up. never in the evening or you wont sleep at all.
    your head and overall energy will be good in about a month.
    JUST REMEMBER TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING SELENIUM 400mcg DAILY or the iodine wont work and have a negative instead of positive effect. the selenium is 100% key. SELENIUM KEEPS THE THYROID FROM SHUTTING DOWN FOR GETTING IODINE IN EXCESS. not that 12.5mg is excessive amounts of iodine. it really isn't. but iodine does cause thyroid cell enlargement if in excess. you want the selenium keeping the thyroid fully functional while nourishing it with its much needed iodine.
    also..
    once you start iodine/iodide you cant abruptly stop or you'll feel hypothyroid.
    if you get off it it has to be a slow weening off. a slow decrease of dosage over time to avoid the pituitary/thyroid feedback loops.

lastly.
    eat lots of cheese.
    cheese has immense amounts of tyrosine.
    thyroid hormone=iodine+tyrosine
    epinephrine is made from dopamine, dopamine comes from L-dopa, L-dopa is made from....you guessed it. tyrosine.
    Tyrosine is a main ingredient of thyroid hormone and epinephrine. therefore is a major factor of maintaining a healthy metabolism.
    this is why a slice of pizza gives you that burst of energy. it feeds two hormone glands that control overall metabolism.

oh and eat oranges. 3 to 4 peeled oranges a day. better than vitamin C supplements.

Cheese?

Now you are going to make sure he gets high cholesterol, hypertension, among other complications

Because dude will see "eat cheese" and become monterrey jack from rescue rangers
    edited January 2015
    cheese supports the thyroid, the adrenals, and the brain(dopamine) its high in protein too.
    sure it raises cholesterol...so?
    you can counteract any high cholesterol with omega 3 fish oil.
    I didn't mention the fish oil since he should know that.

don't avoid cholesterol. cholesterol being bad is a fucking myth.
    you need cholesterol to make the steroid hormones. all of them. both catabolic and anabolic.
    don't ever go on any statin drugs.sure they lower cholesterol by negating the absorption of cholesterol...lol, and they also suffocate the steroid producing glands and decrease your metabolism which is why statins don't fucking work. they do more harm than good.
    just use omega 3/fish oil.

eskimos eat a very very high cholesterol content food called blubber. blubber from seal. which is just pure grease.
    even though seal meat and its blubber make up a large portion of their diet, eskimos have one of the lowest cardiac problems and heart disease issues in the world.
    reason.
    their other meal is fish.

so yeah, eat lots of cheese and lots of fish. tuna and anchovies being the best.
    Fear mercury from too much tuna and arcenic from too much sardines

He just said all he does is hydroxycut

Fish oil, krill oil, or coconut oil are awesome ways to get omega

But it also really helps with inflammation
    Along with glucosamine/msm you get good joints

coconut oil and flaxeed oil are great for omega but they also have phytoestrogens which you don't want as a man.
    fish oil is best. I switched off the flaxeed oil after I noticed it was affecting my sexuality.
    yeah I know you can get toxins from fish... but jeez what can you do? lol. everything with a pro is gonna have some con.
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,493
    So I've been smoking hella weed lately. U guys think I can continue smoking and still make gains?
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,392
    Progress picture time!
    10516836_10101274918674973_2526378976142927417_n.jpg?oh=b81166a662b8e768eb15c7cb200404dd&oe=556F82CA&__gda__=1431142303_5657b9460ef0590013663af50a31c851
    10430381_10101274919548223_9208151320697284155_n.jpg?oh=ebadf5d1e15cf3a22a58de77f1b5cdc9&oe=5558D997&__gda__=1433011824_0516dd21cfa1bcbb5e77750f81aa9cf3

I think it was @dab00g who said that all it takes is willpower and discipline. January's progress pictures were not to my liking because as soon as winter break came, I went back to old habits. It is SO easy to just lose track of what you put in your body, and this month I got back on track. When I move forward in my career to become a BCBA (GOD WILLING WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS), I will have to continue the habit of bringing boxed lunches over going out to eat. There will be a place to have a cheat day, but not during the week. There's only 4 months until it's showtime. There can be no shortcuts, no relaxing now. It's time to GET PSYCHO.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I've been smoking hella weed lately. U guys think I can continue smoking and still make gains?

you stupid for this.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • StarhammerStarhammer The Laughing Man of SRK. Joined: Posts: 20,222 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Ask Arnold.

-Starhammer-
    Always think it's strange when black dudes accuse other black dudes of not being hood enough. Like isn't that a good thing?

AV by Rick Ross.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,351
    @Psychoblue nigga you need to post some side by sides of progress, anyway add these to your diet if you got 4 months to get to where your going.

http://roidsource.biz/oral-steroids/d-bol-detail

Get psycho.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • PastramiPastrami Delicious Deli Meat Joined: Posts: 206
    Farm grown fish shouldnt have dat mercury, right? I want to eat more tuna sammiches and fish in general
    [♥slimey... yet satisfying♥]
    Moderation bruh
    I recently took almost a 2 month break from 4chan. How foolish I was, because look what I missed
  • malcybmalcyb Joined: Posts: 123
    I have a similar workout to Jebop, 4 days too. Was bored and stressed Saturday so I worked out. Did my Monday workout. Thinking if I should skip to Tuesday (back), or do Monday again (Bi/Chest).
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    Pastrami wrote: »
    Farm grown fish shouldnt have dat mercury, right? I want to eat more tuna sammiches and fish in general

I keep getting yelled at for eating breads of any kind. Any way to eat Tuna Sammiches, and still remain somewhat healthy? I fucking love tuna sandwiches, and would love to know I can still occasionally eat them.
    Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
    Any kind of bread is a nutritional blackhole hence why people yell at you, it goes to the gut and absorbs all the good stuff from other food (like your tuna) then gets shat out taking the goodness with it. That said unless your aiming for a ultra 80s van damme 5% BF look I wouldnt give 2 damns about it.

It does need to obey calorie law like anything else you put in your mouth and lets be real, if your shifting that beer gut its probably gonna be easier to just hit more varied cardio longer than to cut out bread and sugar from your diet completely.

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    I eat a lot of bread. :/
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,595 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So I think I'mma give Atkins/keto diet a try and was gonna start off with a fat fast to get into induction. Any protips or advice?
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,496
    Anyone know of good exercises for building side delts? Right now I really just do lateral raises, but I don't know what other exercises help build that part of the shoulder.
    thurst wrote: »
    So I think I'mma give Atkins/keto diet a try and was gonna start off with a fat fast to get into induction. Any protips or advice?

Ive been out of the loop for ages but am pretty sure Atkins had a terrible rep.

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/low-carb-diet-side-effects.html

As far as fads go, I think the easiest and safest would be juicing and taking protein shakes to maintain lean muscle mass?

Am gonna troll myself and try this out for a week, that said I wanna be clear on saying I think all these fads are total bullshit, potentially dangerous and the best way to eat is probably paleo or whatever it is your doing now minus the take out and 2L of soda everyday.

http://www.superskinnyme.com/juice-fasting-plan.html

Kinda looks expensive buying up a ton of fresh fruit and veg just to juice, the majority of the food going to the bin unless your gonna get your wife to cook that shit into muffins or what not but ill spring a few bucks and see what happens. I wanna get use out of my blender and make smoothies to snack on and just eat more healthy in the most general sense but I dont think there is much harm in testing this out until I cave on day 2 for a week.

Anyone know of good exercises for building side delts? Right now I really just do lateral raises, but I don't know what other exercises help build that part of the shoulder.

Shoulder shrugs
    Best old school lift

For them goldberg delts and traps
  • Truest StrikeTruest Strike The Power Cosmic Joined: Posts: 444

The upright row is one, but with the lateral raise I'd experiment with angles. Like if you are already performing lateral raises by standing up tall and lifting your arms up to the sides, then try leaning forward instead and bringing your arms a little more in front of you as they rise up. It's like trying to find that balance between upright and bent-over like you would for a rear delt lateral raise.

Then there are different techniques for the lateral raise like drop sets, running the rack, 2 seconds up-4 seconds down, isometric holds, grabbing a heavier weight and cheat it up (a cheat that's controlled if that makes sense) but definitely fighting it on the way down.

You can also get that extra burn by going from cable lateral raise to dumbbell lateral raise and finally either upright row (with dumbbells or a bar).

When I was more into bodybuilding years ago, I used to follow the workouts and advice from Milos Sarcev. It might still be online, but his giant sets for shoulders were brutal.

dab00g wrote: »

Shoulder shrugs
    Best old school lift

For them goldberg delts and traps

I do shrugs every back day. typically I do barbell shrugs of about 305lbs and do 4x25. My traps are pretty big, but it makes me look ill proportioned imo. Man if I was taller, I'd love to be built like Goldberg, but I am 5'8" so I won't have the imposing presence lol.

The upright row is one, but with the lateral raise I'd experiment with angles. Like if you are already performing lateral raises by standing up tall and lifting your arms up to the sides, then try leaning forward instead and bringing your arms a little more in front of you as they rise up. It's like trying to find that balance between upright and bent-over like you would for a rear delt lateral raise.

Then there are different techniques for the lateral raise like drop sets, running the rack, 2 seconds up-4 seconds down, isometric holds, grabbing a heavier weight and cheat it up (a cheat that's controlled if that makes sense) but definitely fighting it on the way down.

You can also get that extra burn by going from cable lateral raise to dumbbell lateral raise and finally either upright row (with dumbbells or a bar).

When I was more into bodybuilding years ago, I used to follow the workouts and advice from Milos Sarcev. It might still be online, but his giant sets for shoulders were brutal.

yeah I remember reading some of Milos' workouts a few years ago. Then I started looking at Charles Glass' method. I will do some research.