-- Weightlifting & Nutrition Thread -- v9.0 Optimized

Comments

• jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Ran out of the chicken, FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKIFEOUSGBDDNIPGO
    M[,P]GOIUBYTFURDYCTUVYIBUON'IPOM[[JPIHUIGYFTUDRYESTDRYFTUGYIHU;OJI'PKL;KJNHBGVFYRD

I NEED MORE, I'M ADDICTED! The store is 24/7 but I feel run down since leaving the gym. Yo, someone go buy my chicken, thanks.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • StockyJamStockyJam My nigga Networkingyuppy Joined: Posts: 5,743
    Quick question. Well a couple of questions.

Is Organic really better then conventional? I am talking all produce.

Does removing Red Meat from your diet really benefit you more so than it doesn't?

uh,...organic vs conventional? conventional as in? synthetic?

if you plan on building muscle, Idk how you plan on building it without protein.
    protein as in red meat and dairy.
  • PsychobluePsychoblue the Conductor of the Hype Train Joined: Posts: 2,775
    Time for the monthly progress pic! 2 months until cosplay time! (well, hopefully. It's being made and shipped from the Philippines, if it doesn't get here, then whatever)
    11353_10101317799007443_5102593003595924206_n.jpg?oh=624f3d2dcb4af3e80346714cfe6b4655&oe=558F3E41&__gda__=1435130586_56f7f5c7624e0e0b44612d74a2907541

I consume so much liquid throughout the day (<3 my water) that sometimes the gut will seem bigger than it really is, but I still need to cut as I spent most of February slacking off due to being snowed in and the gym being closed. March is going to be the month where I truly get back on track.

#NoQuittersHere
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 20,981
    Fuck this i need to add zercher squats to my leg day

My pants feel way too loose
    Just wear skinny jeans. Kappa
    edited March 2015
    Fuck no

My nuts need to not be constricted

I wear slim or straight leg
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    [="Negative-Zer0;10146414"]Quick question. Well a couple of questions.

Is Organic really better then conventional? I am talking all produce.

Does removing Red Meat from your diet really benefit you more so than it doesn't?

[/quote]

Organic food has no universally accepted, proven benefits over regular food. If you're trying to support your local farmers or some shit, then go for it, but beyond that just get the cheapest shit.

As far as red meat goes, if you can get the fat and protein from somewhere else, it's probably healthier. That said, red meat is delicious and isn't gonna kill you.
    uh,...organic vs conventional? conventional as in? synthetic?

if you plan on building muscle, Idk how you plan on building it without protein.
    protein as in red meat and dairy.

Seafood and poultry are denser in protein than most cuts of red meat.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    I can see a significant difference in my right peck to my left. Baww shit, gonna work that right side harder now.
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    :lol: Sorry, dirty mind...
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    So this past Arnold Classic was pretty awesome. got to see the NXT tryouts, the strong man comp and just be in the presence of some elite bodybuilders. Got some new found motivation and am back to killing it in the gym
    Going for eighties style big man lifts with dumbells and barbells
    Going for eighties style big man lifts with dumbells and barbells
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,568
    I looked up zelcher squats, you must be rolling with some Goku power level that shit looks crazy.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    edited March 2015
    Zercher squats are easier than both front squats and back squats. Your folcrum can hold a lot of weight

Zercher squats burns your core and your quads.

I do them on leg days. To deload from back squats.

Zerchers, squats, dl's, bench, clean and press. These will make you big.

I want to go eighties and get bulky

Taking a small break from kettle bells since i fucked my wrist.

Curling 100 felt so easy yesterday. I definitely am way stronger than last year. That standing military press had me feeling like ultimate warrior.

Blah. My cardio comes from the warm up routine and grappling.

Will go for that rusev look
    I lost weight fuck.
    Bout to start judo again...also going to put a masseuse on speed dial lol
  • Dj Hyper KidDj Hyper Kid The Nati Kid Joined: Posts: 5,500
    thurst wrote: »
    Bout to start judo again...also going to put a masseuse on speed dial lol

Get started on that grip training bruh. I found that I can join the college's Judo club for free because I am a spouse of a student, lol. Been hitting the gym heavy to get where I want to be. Also been incorporating a lot of wrestling stuff into my Judo mentality.
    Tape up those knees, wrists, and ankles man
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,881
    Is there some truth that your muscle will turn to fat if you quit exercising? It seems like I only hear this from people that were fat to begin with, like it's an excuse to not exercise in fear of just becoming fatter. I would imagine dudes get man boobs from eating like a slob after they quit exercising and playing sports, but gaining fat doesn't directly correlate to how much muscle you had before.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Muscle is muscle. It doesn't become anything other than tasty when grilled.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    Fat is in calories in calories out

Lazy fucks who are prone to be big get big
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 9,704
    I am trying to add beets and cabbage to my diet but i can't find a recipe to use them in to make them both delicious. Might give up and make them both basic salad.

I been tryin Quinoa pasta and this thing is alright.
    “I was trying to take the easy way out by running away from everything. No matter the pain, I will keep living. So when I die, I'll feel I did the best I could.” - Koala
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,881
    Borscht uses beet and cabbage. I've never eaten it though, only heard and learned about it.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    edited March 2015
    Pffft, I had to do my short cardio session after gym. Was shoulders day, which I did but I wanted to a little something after.

6 hot girls asking me workout tips is the reason I missed it.

Tried something different, wanted to cry. Also please tell me I'm not the only one who hates burpees?
    Don't be a wuss

Do m-100 as post workout

3-6 mins and you are good
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,568
    dab00g wrote: »
    Fat is in calories in calories out

Lazy fucks who are prone to be big get big

Cant agree to this more, when am active i hover around 12st when I dont do shit ill go to 16st so damn easy, fuck you genetics.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time

I pretty much did this and some other shit after.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    oh man. must train harder.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 1,085
    ^My rotator cuff screamed in terror just from watching that.

Speaking of which, how do you guys deal with muscle imbalances? Left deltoid is lagging behind the right badly.
    T7FR - Eddy, Bob, Dragonuv, Hwoarang, M.Raven
    I2 - Atrocitus
    SFV - Balrog, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Yuri/Leona
    GGxrdR2 - Chipp
    Work with kettle belles and dumbells

The imbalance is due to one side doing more work than the other
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Simonster is basically the closest to a real life Steve Rogers. Hell, if they had a video of him doing Final Justice, I'd believe it.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • SoVi3tSoVi3t Behind The Iron Curtain Joined: Posts: 29,170
    I been tryin Quinoa pasta and this thing is alright.

I been doing quinoa casseroles (like two boxes of quinoa pasta, then i fry up some ground turkey, tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, tomato paste, red onion, then pour that on top of pasta in 3 large baking tins, then i add mozz cheese on top, and bake for like 20 mins), whenever I get cravings for pasta. It's actually quite good that way. Lasts me a long time, and easy to take to work to have small bowls of, during my shifts.

Official 2011 SRK Sexual Deviant Champion Of The Universe And Contest Winner Extraordinaire And Also Official 2012 SRK Sexual Deviant Since Nobody Stepped Forward And 2013 SRK Sexual Deviant Legend Because My Opposition Is Comprised Of Short Pimply GIF Posting Virgins Who Wouldn't Know What To Do With A Woman If She Sat On Their Collective Faces And Wiggled. Still Sexual Deviant Champion Of SRK circa 2015.
    Destroyer Of Azure, Conqueror Of Trolls
    Defiler Of The Pure, Owner Of Souls

SRK 2015 Thirtiest Member and Current Reigning Champion of the SRK Tournament of Thirst.

All victories are hilariously argued against by various little boys who shall remain nameless
    Understand that my victories can only be disputed by successfully beating me for once.

XBox & Steam -> SoVi3t666

Unofficial champion of SRK GD circa oh-fucking-nine
  • beezibopbeezibop Sougenmu--> ??? --> Profit Joined: Posts: 458
    Food poisoning takes a real toll on your body. Been taking it easy in the gym the past few days.

I've really tried to hone in some good shoulder development and started doing my research; turns out I've been doing everything I do for my delts wrong lol.

Some videos that have helped me target all the heads:

Side delts with lateral raises :

Rear delts with face pulls:

OHP technique :

• TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,670
    edited March 2015
    I'm a miscer but I've never understood the love for Jason Genova. Can someone explain for me?

Also as you guys know, I've been lifting again and it's been about almost 3 months since I got back into it. I'm getting a lot of my size back and I'm already up to 170 lbs (keep in mind, I'm a manlet and I previous bulked to 172 and then cut to 152). I believe I was around 160 when I started lifting again, muscle memory is a hell of a drug since I look really good now. I plan to get all my size back and then cut again for Summer.

My strength is coming back but I've primarily been training hypertrophy instead of powerlifting. I think I lost my drive for powerlifting, I don't think I'll ever be as strong as I used to be + I weight more than when I used to powerlift simply because I have more muscle on me as well. A really big part of my motivation for powerlifting was so I could cut to the 148 lb weight class and set a national record for my deadlift but I don't think I'd ever be able to get that low again anyway so what's the point? Since I'm getting my size back, I'm also trying to work on some of my inconsistencies which are my forearm size and calf size. Anybody have any tips regarding those? I'd honestly be down for an entirely new leg routine since my legs are really strong, just not really big :/ They have size, just not the size I want.
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,580
    edited March 2015
    I finally went back to the gym today, and I must say I felt out of place being at one that was outside of school, since the majority of the people there were very fit (I'm tall and rather slim/built but evidently not formed as a Greek God). On another note, I've recorded my progress and worked with upper body stuff, and can now leg press 60 lbs. over twice my body weight. It's not a great feat as the guy before pressed 900 or so, but it's an accomplishment I suppose. I will say activating the glutes and not just the thighs and hamstrings during hack squats is a feat, though, as well as the core itself. Never could activate the core muscles.

Concerning the upper body, I did low rows, overhead presses, lat pulls, and incline chest presses. I could've went heavier, but I was being self-conscious about looking like the gym-newb idiot.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    edited March 2015
    My forearms are where i have bad thoughts
    Apparently they are huge, i want popeye or mark mcguire forearms

Doing Rock's hercules workout

Don't care about getting cut, just getting strong
    Dramatix wrote: »
    I finally went back to the gym today, and I must say I felt out of place being at one that was outside of school, since the majority of the people there were very fit (I'm tall and rather slim/built but evidently not formed as a Greek God). On another note, I've recorded my progress and worked with upper body stuff, and can now leg press 60 lbs. over twice my body weight. It's not a great feat as the guy before pressed 900 or so, but it's an accomplishment I suppose. I will say activating the glutes and not just the thighs and hamstrings during hack squats is a feat, though, as well as the core itself. Never could activate the core muscles.

Concerning the upper body, I did low rows, overhead presses, lat pulls, and incline chest presses. I could've went heavier, but I was being self-conscious about looking like the gym-newb idiot.

Why don't you just do normal squats?

I could've, but then figured never using a free-barbell rack, I'd probably break my back out of incompetence attempting to squat what I've done before...or started at a bearable weight.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
    dab00g wrote: »
    My forearms are where i have bad thoughts
    Apparently they are huge, i want popeye or mark mcguire forearms

Doing Rock's hercules workout

Don't care about getting cut, just getting strong

That's what people tell me. Apparently my arms are huge but they look like they belong on a baby T-rex.

I could've, but then figured never using a free-barbell rack, I'd probably break my back out of incompetence attempting to squat what I've done before...or started at a bearable weight.

Start doing some bodyweight or kettlebell squats and then move to doing them with the barbell.