-- Weightlifting & Nutrition Thread -- v9.0 Optimized

Comments

• MagnusMadnessMagnusMadness Senior Citizen Joined: Posts: 1,282
    random question...

what technique do you guys use to spot someone who is lifting heavy or attempting a max for flat dumbbell bench?

elbow or wrist spotting? feet/knee position? shoutting encouragement? verbal count of what rep they're on? etc.

i'm still trying to find the best/most stable spotting position for me. although i'll turn down a request for a spot if it's an ungodly weight...i'd like to prevent someone from getting pancaked or sent to the ER

I spot at the elbows...no reason in particular though...

Some people wait for someone to practically drop the weight before they spot them and they just help them finish the rep...that's not what I do...

I give a little help at their weakest point on the rep I see them struggling...after that rep...I don't give a fuck how many they've done they're givin me two more...on the first of those two I again help at the weak point ever so slightly and on the last one I give them as little help as possible to ensure they got a good strong set with a good failure rep.

On a side note...if ur not taking ur sets to failure...ur failing to do ur sets. The only set in my workouts that I don't take them to failure is a warm up set.
    Have no Way as Way
    Have no Limitation as Limitation
    alright guys...let's talk something serious...anybody ever tried steroids??

I haven't...but I've been reading up on winstrol and it seems like a much safer alternative and from what I've read it doesn't support water retention and when you come off it you don't have to take an antiestrogen to balance out your hormone levels. Basically it doesn't share alot of the side effects of more popular steroids and you keep most of the gains you get after your cycle is over.

Any of you guys ever tried it or know anything about it??
    Have no Way as Way
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Tons. Never tried it, never will. I'm not willing to take the risk of obtaining and using AS. Physically they are quite safe (IMO) if used correctly and reasonably, but I just don't feel like taking the risk. On an aside you should have at least 2 years of hardcore training underneath your belt before you start with AS it represents a huge step in the game. As for aromatization, I would still do a post cycle with nolva to be on the safe side.

As an aside, in no way do I condone the use of steriods by any individual, and all information I post is in the interest of science.
    any tips for a little weight gaining for a 120 lbs guy?

i've read the majority of the posts on this threads... unfortunately i'm an engineering student and have work to do (labs/projects/study) pretty much all day, and have to stay in the labs for pretty long hours every day. eating 6~8 meals a day or visiting the gym every day of the week simply isn't possible for me. however i'm not really looking to be brad pitt or anything, all i want is at least a 20-pound gain to 140 lbs. (that'll at least put me into 'average' for an asian guy)

i was actually only 110 before last year. i spent a few months at the gym (not too often, just twice or so a week) and tried to eat more in general (not calculating fat/carbs/proteins) and after that few months i got to 120. but i stopped doing it for a while, and started it again just 2 months or so, but don't really see any gain so far. any suggestions?

thanks.
    Damn, its like all you guys are trying to get big. I'm already naturally big, I just need to get ripped up more.

The only question I have is this . .I can EASILY do 200+ crunches in one sitting. My abs are nice I guess but I'm always hurting the next day, and since I work out each night before I go to bed it seems like I'm always in some kind of pain the next day. Do I need to lower my reps and keep it down to less than 7 days a week?

It may sound like overkill but I'm used to it.
    p republic wrote:
    Damn, its like all you guys are trying to get big. I'm already naturally big, I just need to get ripped up more.

The only question I have is this . .I can EASILY do 200+ crunches in one sitting. My abs are nice I guess but I'm always hurting the next day, and since I work out each night before I go to bed it seems like I'm always in some kind of pain the next day. Do I need to lower my reps and keep it down to less than 7 days a week?

It may sound like overkill but I'm used to it.

Ripped up = low body fat percentage...

If ur existing muscle mass is not metabolizing the fat necessary to make you look more cut...then you should try dieting. 67% of what you look like is what you eat....

As for working out 7 days a week...I don't know what you do...but I can hit every major muscle group of the body in 4 days of working out 1.5 to 2 hours...if I add a 5th day it's to either hit bi's and tri's together with compound sets or I hit chest again. You have to remember that you're muscles aren't getting any bigger/stronger while you're actually working out...it's the rest in between workouts where you're muscles recover and rebuild where they grow and grow stronger...without adequate rest it's safe to say you won't really see that much in the way of results...or at least not as much...

If I did workout a sixth day that day would be reserved for abs and cardio.

The pain ur describing...is it good pain...like sore from a good workout...or a sharp pain that feels like u pulled/tore something??

And as for the asain guy trying to gain weight but can't find time to eat 6 times a day....just try taking weight gainer...maybe two servings a day...that'll put some meat on ur bones...and whatever you do...don't do any cardio...stick to heavy weights.
    Have no Way as Way
  • goodgravygoodgravy Joined: Posts: 41

I haven't...but I've been reading up on winstrol and it seems like a much safer alternative and from what I've read it doesn't support water retention and when you come off it you don't have to take an antiestrogen to balance out your hormone levels. Basically it doesn't share alot of the side effects of more popular steroids and you keep most of the gains you get after your cycle is over.

Well I've never tried steroids, but i've been taking creatine for the last 2 weeks and that stuff makes pretty strong. my bench went from 225 to 250. so that could be an option.
  • RomieRomie Joined: Posts: 208 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Post cycle therapy is always needed after ANY steroid cycle. I don't care who told you, but even if the steroid doesn't artomize, there's still a rebounding effect after the cycle with your hormone levels. Your estrogen levels will increase post cycle if you don't take something like Nolva or Clomid. Not doing PCT is where most people fuck themselves up and start growing tits and get severe acne.

IIRC Winstrol will shut down your natural test in 1-2 weeks. And any cycle with Winstrol under 6 weeks isn't worth anything. So proper PCT is a MUST.

*I don't reccomend anyone under 21 doing steroid cycles. Or anyone with less than 2 years training. You must have your diet down to the dot and know what you're doing. *

It's alright to talk about steroids here, but if anyone wants specifics such as what to take when, doseages, etc. PM me, or Chaos if he's willing to answer PM's.

I've personally done a few cycles before. Although I'm only 17, I had a professional trainer by my side, did tons of research months before I did the cycle, and followed instructions to a dot. At the time I had 4 years of training behind me and I was already naturally 200lbs.

I don't reccomend cycles for anyone who's like 150lbs and just wants to add a few lbs of muscle. 150lbs is nothing. You can gain a lot more weight naturally before you even think about steroids.

*This post was for informational purposes only. Any information here is not to be used as any type of guideline for steroid use.
  • qwazyqwazy Christopher U. Joined: Posts: 456
    i've got a question for anyone that can help.

i've been workin' out pretty religiously for the past three years of highschool, starting freshmen year and i'm a junior now. i've got pretty good definition and i'm satisfied with that, but i've always been pretty skinny and now i wanna fill up. i was thinkin' of takin' creatine but everyone made andro (i dont know the full textbook name, sorry) sound more worth it. i know it's a pro-testoserone (sorry i butched the name, lol) a reliable friend of mine told to just take 1-2 tablets before working out + protein shake and then protein shake after workout. it worked for him so i was pretty convinced but i need to know from you guys if there's anything significant i should know

right now my weight, maxes and workouts go like this;

weight - 145lbs

last maxes
    bench - 190lbs
    dead - 280lbs
    squat - 290lbs

workout (set x reps)
    since i'm in a class i have to do the workouts i'm assigned;

bench - 4x4-6
    dead - 4x3-5
    squat - 4x6-10

those are my core lifts and after i do those, i'll do aux.

hammer curls (5-6x10-15) at about 35lbs
    concentration curls (5-6x10) at about 25lbs
    pull downs (5x10) at about 125lbs
    and a couple forearm lifts.

that's mostly what my workouts consist of.

ok, back to the topic; should i take andro? are there major side effects? better alternatives?

thanks.
    I like you.
  • CrouchingTigerCrouchingTiger MacBauer who? Joined: Posts: 719
    I don't know about using steroid stuff, but you could try not doing isolation exercises. Doing nothing but compound exercises will help you gain mass quickest. Like a 5x5 routine, high intensity.
  • AjilAjil clumpete flast fy master Joined: Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Andro is absolutely worthless for a high schoool junior, and anyone who tells you differently is greatly misinformed. Your endogenous testosterone levels are off the charts already. There is no need for prohormones as your body isn't going to convert much anyway with natural levels so high. And in addition to that andro is a very weak prohormone. Creatine is vastly superior to someone in your shoes, trust me. Let them take andro, you will be better serviced by taking creatine and eating properly.
    mvc3: ironman, taskmaster, tron
    qwazy wrote:
    i've got a question for anyone that can help.

i've been workin' out pretty religiously for the past three years of highschool, starting freshmen year and i'm a junior now. i've got pretty good definition and i'm satisfied with that, but i've always been pretty skinny and now i wanna fill up. i was thinkin' of takin' creatine but everyone made andro (i dont know the full textbook name, sorry) sound more worth it. i know it's a pro-testoserone (sorry i butched the name, lol) a reliable friend of mine told to just take 1-2 tablets before working out + protein shake and then protein shake after workout. it worked for him so i was pretty convinced but i need to know from you guys if there's anything significant i should know

right now my weight, maxes and workouts go like this;

weight - 145lbs

last maxes
    bench - 190lbs
    dead - 280lbs
    squat - 290lbs

workout (set x reps)
    since i'm in a class i have to do the workouts i'm assigned;

bench - 4x4-6
    dead - 4x3-5
    squat - 4x6-10

those are my core lifts and after i do those, i'll do aux.

hammer curls (5-6x10-15) at about 35lbs
    concentration curls (5-6x10) at about 25lbs
    pull downs (5x10) at about 125lbs
    and a couple forearm lifts.

that's mostly what my workouts consist of.

ok, back to the topic; should i take andro? are there major side effects? better alternatives?

thanks.

At 145lbs you're still way too small to be even thinking about taking andro (which is a waste of money anyway). So get that idea out of your head right now. Stick to protien and creatine.

And andro,just like steroids, WILL SHUT DOWN YOUR NATURAL TESTOSTERONE. And just be aware, most andro's on the market artamize heavily. Meaning they convert to estrogen. So andro's are shit, don't use them.
    In all honesty I'm a fat fuck (not obese, just chubby at the paunch/glutes) at 5'11", 220 pounds, and I am also a pussy when it comes to weightlifting and stuff. I can only do about 5-10 pushups before I become tired. I have a medium-semibig body build (fairly wide shoulders naturally) I am so goddamn out of shape >_<

Should I get my ass on cardio and try to lose some weight first then work on increasing my strength? Or should I try to convert my fat mass to pure muscle and focus more on strength training over Cardio?
    Crazymojo wrote:
    In all honesty I'm a fat fuck (not obese, just chubby at the paunch/glutes) at 5'11", 220 pounds, and I am also a pussy when it comes to weightlifting and stuff. I can only do about 5-10 pushups before I become tired. I have a medium-semibig body build (fairly wide shoulders naturally) I am so goddamn out of shape >_<

Should I get my ass on cardio and try to lose some weight first then work on increasing my strength? Or should I try to convert my fat mass to pure muscle and focus more on strength training over Cardio?

You can't turn fat into muscle. You can either lose fat or gain muscle. It's almost impossible to put on muscle and lose a lot of fat at the same time.

I'd put on some muscle if I were you. Since its winter you won't be wearing tight clothes and such, so you won't have much to show off. And then come early spring, start dieting and cutting up in case you want to go to the beach in the summer, so at least you know you would have put on some muscle so you would look bigger when you cut.
    Romie wrote:
    You can't turn fat into muscle. You can either lose fat or gain muscle. It's almost impossible to put on muscle and lose a lot of fat at the same time.

I'd put on some muscle if I were you. Since its winter you won't be wearing tight clothes and such, so you won't have much to show off. And then come early spring, start dieting and cutting up in case you want to go to the beach in the summer, so at least you know you would have put on some muscle so you would look bigger when you cut.

ACTUALLY...me and my roommate both slim down when we lift weights. For one...lifting in the morning is supposed to make u burn more calories during the day...and I've always been told by trainers that ur metabolic tissue is muscle.

I've lost over 20 pounds since I started lifting 6 months ago...I'm trying to gain some of it back in the way of muscle mass now though...getting a lot more strict on my diet. And by that I mean making sure I take in a solid amount of protein on a daily basis.

And about not being able to turn fat to muscle...in a way body fat helps...because the metabolism of a person with no body fat will be working against them alot more than a person with body fat...burning muscle mass in the place of fat...
    Have no Way as Way
    Ahh I see.

And no, the "pain" wasnt anything major, but today I took a break anyhow. I sorta ate a little careless today as well but I'll pay for it tomorrow with some serious cardio.
  • trunkszero157trunkszero157 Catastrophic Inc Joined: Posts: 42
    what exercises could I do to broaden out my shoulders, and whats the best way to gain 70-80 pounds
    Still
    what exercises could I do to broaden out my shoulders, and whats the best way to gain 70-80 pounds

Eat like a madman. I also highly recommend creatine, that stuff makes you gain muscle like crazy, my bench went from 225 to 250 in a month so i'm very satisfied. thats one route i'd take if i were in your shoes.

side note: try adding a protein bar to ur daily meals. :tup:
    Also a question to the weightliftin pro's, how effective is it to take creatine with grape juice vs water? i mixed my creatine with grapejuice for the first 5 loadin days, then i just used water after that, some people tell me the juice has insulin that helps it absorb better.

comments?
    ACTUALLY...me and my roommate both slim down when we lift weights. For one...lifting in the morning is supposed to make u burn more calories during the day...and I've always been told by trainers that ur metabolic tissue is muscle.

I've lost over 20 pounds since I started lifting 6 months ago...I'm trying to gain some of it back in the way of muscle mass now though...getting a lot more strict on my diet. And by that I mean making sure I take in a solid amount of protein on a daily basis.

And about not being able to turn fat to muscle...in a way body fat helps...because the metabolism of a person with no body fat will be working against them alot more than a person with body fat...burning muscle mass in the place of fat...

No, I mean literally, fat can't turn into muscle. There are fat cells, and muscle cells. They can only get larger or smaller, they don't turn into one another. Losing fat would tend ot make people look more muscular, because more of their muscles are showing, making most people believe that they turn fat into muscle.

And about burning muscle. Everyone will burn muscle no matter how big or small they are if their diet isn't proper. Like training or doing cardio in the morning before eating. That's very bad because your cortisol levels will rise and your body will start to break down muscle, don't get me wrong, you'll also burn fat, but you'll also be losing more muscle than you should. That's why bodybuilders eat 5 or 6 tiems a day, so cortisol levels won't peak because they're never hungry, and it speeds up their metabolism because their body is constantly processing foods.

goodgravy:

Grape juice is good to go, if you can handle all that sugar. Just don't use anything citrus based, as it can diminish the effects of creatine.

trunkszero157:

For shoulder width, I'd suggest side lateral raises and military presses. Don't expect to widen them more than a few inches in a few years.

And to gain 70 or 80 lbs of muscle usually takes a couple years. Most people that workout would gain about 20-30lbs a year of muscle depending on their experience.

If you wanna gain something other than muscle, then by all means, eat anything you'd like.
    p republic wrote:
    My cousin asked me this today and I had no clue so I'm asking:

1.Can you work on certian areas of your body and tone them up, then work on other parts until your entire body is where you want it?

I couldnt answer his question because I work most of my body at once instead of "one at a time".

It would be stupid to work on one part of ur body at a time...and you'll look pretty funny too. Some people work out different muscles harder than others for different reasons (maybe it's their strongest muscle group and they enjoy really taxing it...or it's their weakest muscle group and they are trying to build it up) But they still work everything out on a weekly basis.

The worst mistake alot of people make is not working out their legs...maybe they're lazy and don't like working out legs or maybe they think their legs are big enough and don't care what they look like. Thing is..the quads and glutes are big muscles and from everything I've been told alot of testosterone is released when you work these muscles which in turn can help everything grow.

uhh..I hope that helps answer ur question in some way.
    Have no Way as Way
    p republic wrote:

1.Can you work on certian areas of your body and tone them up, then work on other parts until your entire body is where you want it?

I couldnt answer his question because I work most of my body at once instead of "one at a time".

if ur talkin about muscle isolation, then yea a muscle or two a day is good. but like a muscle a year is stupid, and it takes too long. no one has that much time.
    I guess he was doing exactly what you are saying in a way, but I guess you call it being stupid.

I work my legs out, but I have yet to see those lines that runners get. I have big calf(sp?) muscles and my thighs are toned but I dont have the lines in the front, just the back and the sides. I guess im doing the wrong kind of exersise because I never feel the burn in my upper legs, its always below the knee.
    p republic wrote:
    I guess he was doing exactly what you are saying in a way, but I guess you call it being stupid.

I work my legs out, but I have yet to see those lines that runners get. I have big calf(sp?) muscles and my thighs are toned but I dont have the lines in the front, just the back and the sides. I guess im doing the wrong kind of exersise because I never feel the burn in my upper legs, its always below the knee.

yea i have the same problem, i do leg extentions like crazy but still i have yet to see any improvements.
    Squats my man, squats. Full ass-to-grass squats. Those will definately make your legs grow. I stopped doing leg extensions because I felt like I got nothing out of them. Squats, hack squats, front squats, and leg pressing are way more taxing.

Also, what I reccomend to people who say their legs don't grow:

20 REP SQUATS

These things are killers. If they don't make your legs grow, nothing will. 20 rep squats with a 2-1-4 rhythm will bring tears to your eyes (two seconds going up, one second pause at the top, 4 seconds going down).
  • BIG BAD MOGBIG BAD MOG Tough, yet Fluffy Joined: Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What's a good thing to drink after a workout? I heard some type of mix of bananas and soybeans does the trick. Also a friend of mine who does bodybuilding says that you can't really expect to gain much muscle if you're going to try to develop a more defined six pack because of the decrease in appetite you get. Is that true?
    What's a good thing to drink after a workout? I heard some type of mix of bananas and soybeans does the trick. Also a friend of mine who does bodybuilding says that you can't really expect to gain much muscle if you're going to try to develop a more defined six pack because of the decrease in appetite you get. Is that true?

Drop anything soy. Soy promotes estrogen. A 50g protien shake is best.

And yeah, if you're dieting down, you won't gain much muscle due to lower calories.
    Romie wrote:
    Drop anything soy. Soy promotes estrogen. A 50g protien shake is best.

And yeah, if you're dieting down, you won't gain much muscle due to lower calories.

I think that's why I haven't exploded yet.

What do you think about weight gainers?? If they promoted weight gain...would you be able to put on more muscle mass and become stronger in the process?? Cuz I'm having a helluva time going up in weight in some areas now and it's pissin me off...I just started taking my creatine again and I've been considering a weight gainer of some sort.
    Have no Way as Way
  • trunkszero157trunkszero157 Catastrophic Inc Joined: Posts: 42
    I've been considering a weight gainer of some sort.

I have too, I want to know what are the pros ands cons of using it, same goes for the whey protein
    Still
  • ApocApoc SF Bendu Knight Joined: Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    p republic wrote:

Ok, since I didn't see my answer anywhere let me throw it out.

NO! No, you can't tone one part by itself. You can build up a part more than the other but tone is about low fat percentage.

For example. If you have a gut, weighted crunches are only going to build the muscle. If you want it ripped and toned, you need to burn the fat. That means cardio. You can't spot reduce fat.

So again, no. You can't tone a bodypart at a time. You can only build that way. You need cardio and everything will be toned.

BTW, Romie, you rock! Listen to this guy folks, he knows his shiet. I just learned about soy and estrogen a month or two ago. All of SRK should be letting Romie educate them.

Apoc.
    Team USA 2002

Mirc:EFnet:#gamecombos-for your combo and match vid fix! Also, go check Dr.Funkenstein's hub!

"a thug changes, n' luv changes, and best friends become strangehs...word up."- Nas- The Message

The End is near...

I AM the counter.
  • ApocApoc SF Bendu Knight Joined: Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    p republic wrote:

After you build, try going crazy on cardio.

Apoc.
    Team USA 2002

Mirc:EFnet:#gamecombos-for your combo and match vid fix! Also, go check Dr.Funkenstein's hub!

"a thug changes, n' luv changes, and best friends become strangehs...word up."- Nas- The Message

The End is near...

I AM the counter.
  • Perfect CellPerfect Cell Perfect Member Joined: Posts: 30
    Well he's mostly correct. Don't bother taking 50g's protien thou, you'll only abosorb 30g's in 1 setting. So spead it out into mutilple shakes. I suggest 1 scoop of GNC Pro Mega Isolate. Also, unless this kids stacking (and I hope he's not) it won't matter if he takes whey or soy. It's not going to make enough difference to effect what he's trying to get.

btw Madness: are you on a titrate or monohydrate ?
    -I love only myself, and live only for myself. I will prove my existance until there's nobody left to prove it to.
  • AL the greatAL the great jerking off to my av. Joined: Posts: 1,056
    Hey guys i'm trying to lose weight. do you guys recommend any suplements that help burn weight? i hear some dangerous things from my friends long time ago that made him lose conciousness cuz he would lose like 10 pounds a day.

thx for the help.
    ST on LIVE all day everyday. come play me.
    Can someone look at my daily workout? What I want to do is basically cut down my weight and work on my chest, love handles, and abs. I have a horrible diet, I have a cup of coffee for breakfast, eat lunch around 3-5pm which probably entails of a cheeseburger + fries, dinner is usually around 9pm and is probably fast food as well.

I'm 5'9", 168 lbs.

Monday: (Biceps/Back)
    3x10 Barbell Curl (20 lbs, each hand)
    3x10 Dumbell Curl (20 lbs + bar?)
    3x10 Lat Pulls (50 lbs)
    3x10 Wrist Rollers (20 lbs)
    3x10 Seated Rows (70 lbs)

Tuesday: (Cardio/Legs)
    1.25 Mile Run
    3x10 Squat (155 lbs)
    3x10 Leg Press (270 lbs)
    3x10 Leg Flexion (75 lbs)
    3x10 Calf Raises (180 lbs)

Thursday (Chest/Triceps)
    3x10 Bench Press (95 lbs)
    3x10 Incline Press (75 lbs)
    3x10 Military Press (55 lbs)
    3x10 Decline Press (85 lbs)
    3x10 Pec Dec (70 lbs)

Friday: (Cardio, sort of)
    Box Routine
    5 Min Jump Rope
    3x20 Medicine Ball Situps
    3x30 Crunches
    3x10 Leg Raises
    Al: Post your stats. Also is there something you're trying to lose wieght for in a hurry is this a general thing.
    -I love only myself, and live only for myself. I will prove my existance until there's nobody left to prove it to.
    Al: Post your stats. Also is there something you're trying to lose wieght for in a hurry is this a general thing.

Yo here's what i do. i only work twice a week.
    i'm 5'1 and weigh 178 pounds. i worked out heavily for 3 years and stopped for 2 years and now i'm trying to regain it back. thing is i dont have motivation to work out 5 times a day anymore like i used to. and since i turned 20 my metabolism has gone to shit. i'm askin for suplements cuz it's harder for me to lose weight now.

monday and sundays
    run: 1.8-2.0 miles.

bench: light weights and do a burn out till i cant do more for
    the night.

after bench i do all upper body. i rarely do sit ups which i know i should do more.

========
    i just cut back on all soda and have noticed weight loss from it.
    teqnique wrote:
    Can someone look at my daily workout? What I want to do is basically cut down my weight and work on my chest, love handles, and abs. I have a horrible diet, I have a cup of coffee for breakfast, eat lunch around 3-5pm which probably entails of a cheeseburger + fries, dinner is usually around 9pm and is probably fast food as well.

I'm 5'9", 168 lbs.

Monday: (Biceps/Back)
    3x10 Barbell Curl (20 lbs, each hand)
    3x10 Dumbell Curl (20 lbs + bar?)
    3x10 Lat Pulls (50 lbs)
    3x10 Wrist Rollers (20 lbs)

Tuesday: (Cardio/Legs)
    1.25 Mile Run
    3x10 Squat (155 lbs)
    3x10 Leg Press (270 lbs)
    3x10 Leg Flexion (75 lbs)
    3x10 Calf Raises (180 lbs)

Thursday (Chest/Triceps)
    3x10 Bench Press (95 lbs)
    3x10 Incline Press (75 lbs)
    3x10 Military Press (55 lbs)
    3x10 Decline Press (85 lbs)
    3x10 Pec Dec (70 lbs)

Friday: (Cardio, sort of)
    Box Routine
    5 Min Jump Rope
    3x20 Medicine Ball Situps
    3x30 Crunches
    3x10 Leg Raises

Teq: There's no way you're going to see lean gains with that type of diet. Also you can lose that cadio run on Tuesday it's only going to burn the same lean mass you're trying to build along with the fat (which really won't go away anyway). For chest you need to alternate bench/tris bench/tirs if your not alrdy. Try 4 sets of 8-10 rep on the benches. Lose the Military Press. Get on cables alot and work interier pecs more than once. Also, you gotta do some tri extensions. But for real thou you won't see change until you lose that diet.
    Yo here's what i do. i only work twice a week.
    i'm 5'1 and weigh 178 pounds. i worked out heavily for 3 years and stopped for 2 years and now i'm trying to regain it back. thing is i dont have motivation to work out 5 times a day anymore like i used to. and since i turned 20 my metabolism has gone to shit. i'm askin for suplements cuz it's harder for me to lose weight now.

monday and sundays
    run: 1.8-2.0 miles.

bench: light weights and do a burn out till i cant do more for
    the night.

after bench i do all upper body. i rarely do sit ups which i know i should do more.

Ok well first off you shouldn't be working out more than 3 times a week anyway. For you're stats I highly discourage weight burning drugs. I say drugs because they have drug-like side effects that are really only for extreme situations. Try to get down 5-6 meals a day. Egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast, have a 30g shake for snack (if possible) or at least some cottage cheese. Skinless chicken Breast and yam or light starch for lunch, another shake for snack and some lean steak, chicken breast or fish for dinner. That alone should correct the weight problem even without much workout. Give it 12 weeks.
    Ok well first off you shouldn't be working out more than 3 times a week anyway. For you're stats I highly discourage weight burning drugs. I say drugs because they have drug-like side effects that are really only for extreme situations. Try to get down 5-6 meals a day. Egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast, have a 30g shake for snack (if possible) or at least some cottage cheese. Skinless chicken Breast and yam or light starch for lunch, another shake for snack and some lean steak, chicken breast or fish for dinner. That alone should correct the weight problem even without much workout. Give it 12 weeks.

wow thx i'll try that.

EDIT:
    hey i wanted to ask if i feel a tad hungry instead of a meal what kinds of snacks can i eat? like with the shakes you recommend what kinds of shakes are they? and suggest me some healthy snacks too(other than fruits)
    First off I wouldn't even consider fruits to be in the heathly catagory. I'm talking protien shakes, chicken slices (like the lunch meat kind), steak strips (if it's in the buget) can't get enough cottage cheese, I suppose "1" reduced fat muffin/danish a day, pretty much some type of meat slice thats not pork. I would stay away from the protien "bars" thou, waste of time. If you just gotta have a sweet, try to find kettal korn (the sweet glazed popcorn *not carmelcorn) it's actully not that bad on fat/carbs and you can eat like half a big bag to curb that sweet tooth if you have one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file