-- Weightlifting & Nutrition Thread -- v9.0 Optimized

Comments

• BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,091
    Well looks like I need to get on this gotch shit
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 21,464
    My situation with lifting has changed used to be able to finagle at least 45 mins at the work gym

Now got shortened to 25-30 minutes, just been doing super sets trying to get as much a pump

I mean doing 6 different lifts at 50 a piece at a reasonable pace is doing okay. I just miss the super heavy weight. Got to save my joints.

Did gotch this morning, so my legs are jello
  • Buster CannonBuster Cannon Cool head, heated heart Joined: Posts: 3,446
    Did Gotch for the first time yesterday morning. Was rough, but I got through it. Woke up today and my shoulders and obliques are legit sore, darn those hindu pushups!
    PSN: AquaTeamV3
    SFV Fighter ID: BusterCannon
    FightCade: AquaTeamV3
    My YouTube Channel
    The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)
  • dialupsuckydialupsucky FINAL SHOWDOWN Joined: Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,655
    oh shit its sucky video time

tumblr_lhcypl03jm1qgcvg9o1_r1_400.gif

your microphone is beat to shit btw. You talked a bit about not lifting as heavy as you want. How heavy you wanna go, how heavy do you lift (for example military press) and lastly, are you the embodiment of dab00gs gotch bible?

Looking good bro, thank you always and forever for being that last line before suicide. Everytime you flick your hair in a video I swear to go I go outside and beat a pensioner within an inch of their life.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    Was it to low or??? I feel like every other video one person says its to hi and echoing and then if i turn it down then people cant hear.. which was it this time??? Sad thing is my web cam and microphone are supposedly pretty good. So I really dont know what the problem is.....

As for how heavy i want to lift? Well id like to lift heavy enough that i wouldnt have to work out as long. But you know I cant. Ive had surgery, my hands are fucked, my body is fucked. I can only lift so much with it even being safe. Like even for something like chin ups etc, my hands give out on me before muscles if you make sense. So its kinda just like, well what are you gonna do. Thats how it turned out. Like I say in the video id like to gain a solid 5 pounds of muscle at the top, and maybe get a instagram butt, but you know im accepting more and more, i just dont think realistic given my health the way it is, and i cant imagine pushing myself any harder when if anything I want to do less. if my health ever changes, or if I ever do TRT of course ill post it, but for the most part it is what it is.. I do think I was a little less ripped this year but thats because health was worse, and well with out pokemon go, I was not walking around as much to lose a little extra.

Thanks for watching.
    Your voice sounds a bit muffled, as far as lifting goes you mentioned it in your video like your lifting x but you wanna be lifting y, or at least that's the gist if it I got.

That IG comment lol, naw we good here this is a temple of science.

hey you know i need to whore myself out more so I made the IG comment. You know sometimes i see people posting these motivation things, or their bodies and its like damn dude wtf, I have a better body than them and I start getting that sorta "Why not me" feeling. Like maybe I need to promote myself a bit more. Ive said before but my fakes have more people than me sometimes.. Actually I had a model competition at the beginning of the summer and I wont name names, but long story short crowd seemed to be cheering for me the most, and I had only entered last min cuz company asked me to, but I was like fuck im the buffiest dude here crowd is cheering for the most am I gonna win? Well I ended up getting second I guess, but after I left a bunch of people in the crowd started coming to me saying that they couldnt vote for me in the system etc, and I thought it was kinda weird cuz it happened like 5-6 times.. to much to be a coincidence ya know.. so when I get home i looked up the guy that won, and hes got like 25K on IG, so obviously much bigger than me and I guess hes a kinda well known fitness model in the area. So I guess the idea is that well fuck, cant have clayton randomly show up outta no where with his disablity gains, and be more buff than our companies main fitness model soooooooo....

Anyway but ya stuff like that has made me think maybe i need to whore myself out there more.

As for lifting X but I want to be lifting Y. Well I mean fuck lets just go with again the idea the heavier you can lift, the less reps you have to do..the less volume. And there is a idea that at the end of the day there is only so much volume you can recover from no matter what. So its just like fuck, it was kinda a generalized statement I would like to be able to lift heavier so I dont have to do so much volume, so I dont have to waste so much time forcing myself to work out when im not busy in the hospital or whatever.. more time to just relax and chill. But I just physically cant lift heavy.. cant do big compound lifts, deadlifts squats all that crap my body just doesnt agree with it. so ya just kinda a generalized statement really.
    If you got beat by the events sponsored dude I don't think having more followers will help you, just chalk it up to local level corruption. But if you gunna sell out just do ransom ass videos of you playing with cats and talking to fat chicks and enjoy the instand surge in popularity.

Also I believe Thurst is getting out of prison soon, perhaps he will have some good IG advice.

• white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

@dialupsucky BTW, if I remember correctly you also suffer from low testosterone right? Since testosterone is significant factor in fat loss, does it make cutting harder for you or do you just eat impeccably year round?

This middle aged dude is insane. I really want to do a muscle up by the end of next year.

It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
    It isn't that crazy really especially because old dude has been doing it for years

You know when i see those jacked old guys

Like joe rogan Or shane mcmahon i just think, trt and hgh are really beneficial

Guys like rich piana though, that is overdoing the building

I mean i compare natural lex luger '93 to full roid luger in '00 to now scrawny stroke having luger it is pretty sad

But sting still looks strong
    Yep I got a lot of low T problems. I havnt taken the shots cuz its pretty much like if you are gonna start youre going to be on it the rest of your life, and I read a lot about people having trouble finding the sweet spot of it actually helping. Some people actually feel worse before they feel better. And I just can never imagine feeling worse lol. Although again im kinda at the point now of I wonder if just the way I train is part of the problem. Like ive seen studies of endurance athletes if you will hvaing lower T than normal people, and being anemic on tests. And although im not a endurance athlete per say, inevitably I have to do a lot of volume since I cant lift heavy, and maybe just with all the stress of being sick and in the hospital, forcing myself to work out while tired, maybe thats giving me these problems. Cuz im taking all these iron supplements and nothing man. Could it just be the crohns or any other auto immune disease problem that I have ya but ya know its been going on for years now and I cant physically or mentally imagine pushing myself any harder so im really trying to find a new routine and do less. And if things somehow get even a little bit better from that, im all for it.

As for my diet, im not a vegan or anything, but I eat generally pretty healthy compared to the normal person. I do have cheat meals etc though and some chocolate everyday. But for what its worth I do it pretty simple and generally pretty boring so I wouldnt say its a fun diet. I wouldnt mind experimenting with a more vegeterianish sorta diet at some point but with being anemic and half the time i eat veggies I feel like im putting so much extra stuff on it just to make it taste good I just havnt been able to do it.

Im not quite as lean as last year just becuase of health problems and pokemon go not being a thing well, just walking around extra through out the week randomly I think helped me keep a extra pound or 2 off through out a portion of the year.
    mother fucker someone went through all my youtube videos and marked them as having sexual content again -_____________- this is why I cant get any following lol
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That was me, I found the content too stimulating. I do the same thing to timbahwolf on IG/FB haha. Though seriously that does suck. I never understood why people would falsely flag shit like that. They can't really be that offended by it can they? Probably a hater. Especially if they went and marked all of your content as "sexual".

Though IIRC sucky also had other health issues. But that's on him to disclose should he feel the desire/need to. We all have our own issues. From autoimmune diseases, hormone imbalance, injuries. Do what you've been doing and keep at it. No one ever knows your full story and background. Let them make assumptions and keep on ignoring them.
    Yep I got a whole bunch of a shit, basically a medical anomaly at this point, dying stuff, all sorts of serious stuff...

And ya ive even had my video game stuff flagged randomly. Sucks cuz in general youtube is awful about checking my shit, so its just like fuck well there goes any money I could make off it. Ive had stuff like sqaure enix said they made some of my street fighter combo videos before its like dude wtf.. videos with a 100,000 views, just all gone, couldnt make anything from it. One of the only things youtube has ever fixed is once some recording artist said it was their song in one of my ryu akuma tag team combo video, and i was like dude its a touhou remix wtf. And they actually agreed, but for most my stuff I just get fucked and they refuse to fix it in the past.
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,575
    @dialupsucky If you're looking to eat some more vegetarian type stuff, look into some Indian recipes. If that was what being a vegetarian was, I'd sign up in a heartbeat and I'm not normally all that into vegetables.

Day 2 of Gotch bible, I doubled the amount of cards I did. It was still hard but a lot easier than it was last week. I also decided to sub out the half moon pushups with regular ones. I'm going to keep adding cards until I get to all 52 (might even add in the Jokers too, who knows) rather than killing myself from the get-go. Either way, it's a great workout and you really have no excuse not to do it other than being lazy.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    well unfortunately I have some anemia issues even with my diet as is and im on iron pills as well.. So I just can only go so far..

As for indian sorta sounding stuff I dunno if it counts but I have tried turmeric or whatever a lot, since its supposed to help for stuff. And I can say in my experience ive never noticed it doing anything even placebo effect wise. ive even tried the turmeric with black pepper combo which i guess is even better? But just never seemed to notice anything.
    edited September 2017
    Honestly you could do gotch bible as the workout

No equipment needed

Just a random card generator app or a deck of cards

Your imagination shapes your workout

And you will always have balance

I always make sure to balance out my 4 movements

I am sick and tired of reading "i have no equipment" your body just needs to move
  • Buster CannonBuster Cannon Cool head, heated heart Joined: Posts: 3,446
    ROUND 2: Fight!

cZ3LTo4.jpg
    PSN: AquaTeamV3
    SFV Fighter ID: BusterCannon
    FightCade: AquaTeamV3
    My YouTube Channel
    The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    did some light weight work Friday despite still being sore from muay thai on Wednesday.
    I posted in the martial arts thread but this is really about fitness.

So I did my first martial arts class in 8 years last Wednesday as a means of getting back in shape and it was great. I was sore all over afterwards. I definitely need to work on my conditioning but I hate traditional cardio work.

In addition to working out friday, I swam laps on Saturday, did 15 mins of benching and deadlifting this morning along with swimming.

And damn I got a date next Sunday, it's been awhile fellas, more than a few months and year to be honest...

Gonna keep at it.

Signing up tomorrow for more muay thai classes.
    Green Karin.
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,072
    edited September 2017
    Fat cutting cycle is going well. A month and a half in, I've lost 10-11 pounds and I've visibly slimmed down. My belly is going away fast but I think my initial 3 month plan will have to be 4 months instead. I've lost about 5 pounds of strength on all my lifts and 10 pounds on squats and deadlifts. I'm not terribly worried, I can get that strength back real fast once this cycle is over. My diet is fucking strict as hell and I can say that in this month and a half I have had one cheat day and 2 cheat meals. That's it. I'm starting to get the craves but I'll see how long I can hold off for.

I've definitely lost some mass but I'm starting to get that ''fit look'' i've wanted for a long time. I take my shirt off and I feel like I look more athletic. It's good. My arms and shoulders have gained a lot of definition and I can now clearly see the division of the 3 major deltoid heads when I flex.

I've also been power walking to and from work, and work itself is physically demanding so I'm probably burning an extra 600 cals with just that.
    well unfortunately I have some anemia issues even with my diet as is and im on iron pills as well.. So I just can only go so far..

As for indian sorta sounding stuff I dunno if it counts but I have tried turmeric or whatever a lot, since its supposed to help for stuff. And I can say in my experience ive never noticed it doing anything even placebo effect wise. ive even tried the turmeric with black pepper combo which i guess is even better? But just never seemed to notice anything.

I wasn't talking about it doing anything other than being a healthy (and better tasting imo) alternative to standard vegetarian stuff which isn't always that exciting. That's all. Anything that makes what you're eating a little more interesting is good.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,901
    bulk szn
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • StockyJamStockyJam beat me like the bitch that i am Joined: Posts: 6,055
    dab00g wrote: »
    It isn't that crazy really especially because old dude has been doing it for years

You know when i see those jacked old guys

Like joe rogan Or shane mcmahon i just think, trt and hgh are really beneficial

Guys like rich piana though, that is overdoing the building

I mean i compare natural lex luger '93 to full roid luger in '00 to now scrawny stroke having luger it is pretty sad

But sting still looks strong

im convinced Sting is a fucking vampire. eternally young. never mention the undead.
  • AlkipotAlkipot Mayoral Upper! Joined: Posts: 2,129
    Honestly you could do gotch bible as the workout

No equipment needed

Just a random card generator app or a deck of cards

Your imagination shapes your workout

And you will always have balance

I always make sure to balance out my 4 movements

I am sick and tired of reading "i have no equipment" your body just needs to move

Been seeing you preach about gotch bible, so I'm interested in trying it out. Quick questions:

- Any breaks between sets/cards?

- What exercises do you recommend?

- I have a pull-up bar at home, can I replace any exercise for it?
    SFV CFN - EvilMuffinMan (Laura, Guile, ABIGAIL!)
    Watch my terrible MvC: I and SFV play here!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkipot
    Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200814218
    1. you go at your own pace. Just make sure to finish the deck. Slow or fast isn't the goal. The goal is finishing the deck. So breaks/rests/pacing whatever as long as you finish. No matter what just finish. It is just as much mental as physical and despite how long you take you will be tired. Otherwise you are not doing it right.
    2. As far as exercises your imagination and pretty much any movement particularly full body movements or even using weights can be thrown in. As far as generic go to. Pushups, hindu squats, jumping jacks, and burpees. You can look up egan inOue on youtube and get some ideas. But those 4 are pretty much legit. But really go on google look up calisthenic and body movement exercises and bodyweight exercises. You can even do this with kicks, punches, double leg shoots, or even do timed static stretches like neck bridging or doing the splits
    3. Again do whatever exercise you want. Your limitations are your imagination and your resolve to finish

Don't be dumb and burn yourself out on the first 10 cards. Pace yourself. Be smart. Saying shit like "lol lame" that is you limiting yourself.

Good luck. Gotch bible can either have man up or go man down.

• NickRocksNickRocks Knock Knock Joined: Posts: 22,901
    Burpees fkn succ everytime i miss boxing i remember burpees
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    Hey if everybody becomes battle ready i am all about pushing gotch bible

You have no idea how much this does for strenth and conditioning.

I sound like a god damn preacher. Fuck
    Hey if everybody becomes battle ready i am all about pushing gotch bible

You have no idea how much this does for strenth and conditioning.

I sound like a god damn preacher. Fuck

You do. I've heard you mention the gotch bible like 20 times per post. I would say it's annoying but it's mostly funny.
    I don't doubt you, i've yet to try it. I think perhaps once this 2nd month is done I might substitute one running day for a gotch day.
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I've been doing Gotch 4 cards at a time, so it comes out to 13 rounds. Flipping all face cards sucks, but it means you'll have light rounds later and vice versa.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
    edited September 2017
    New thing i have been doing is a lot of resistance band stuff, i mean i been using it to help with hips and stuff. But they are pretty good.

I kind of dropped weightlifting for a bit to recover my cns because of how much weight i was pushing.

Yoga is healing though

For the guys who grapple. Add neck bridging to your routine

Also to the crazy conditioning cardio freaks

Take the challenge

http://www.scientificwrestling.com/public/249.cfm

The 3 minute bridge is nuts, but thanks to bridging my neck feels 10x stronger

https://www.t-nation.com/training/building-a-strong-neck

Going to add this to my yoga day

Got a 22" neck, so yeah. I might snore, but you aren't going to choke me
  • DramatixDramatix Could be better. Joined: Posts: 4,607
    How often do you guys consume salad (if you do) or any type of greens? I recently began eating salad and started feeling "cleaner", and I presume it's been the cause of my weight loss (282 to 276) due to Tae Kwon Do and more frequent bowel movements (I also drink a lot of water often so there's that). What I've been eating were:

- Romane lettuce, arugula, spinach, kale, red cabbage
    - Shredded cheese
    - Almonds (lightly salted) and walnuts
    - Dried cranberries
    - Traditional rotisserie chicken I shredded
    - Italian croutons
    - Bacon bits
    - Light drizzle of olive oil with sea salt and ground pepper (I didn't really like the lemon vinaigrette I made)

I have been eating fast food on campus and would eat the salads at school, but I don't know if the greens are washed thoroughly. May have to bring lunch to class but it would just get warmed and wilted.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • thurstthurst What's my age again? Joined: Posts: 11,810 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm more of a wedge or Caesar salad person. Lettuce, meat and dressing.

At Subway I usually get double meat chopped salads. Really filling and not too heavy.
    #teamSkinnyBitches #teamHATE #teamKELLS #OGteamMILEY
  • nikeSBstunna89nikeSBstunna89 WOLVES Joined: Posts: 1,536
    I almost never eat salad. I get my greens in with my morning smoothie.
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 5,036
    My dinners typically consist of a protein + salad. The salad is usually romaine leaves, onion, tomatoe, cheese, and some balsamic dressing. I'll usually cook some fish, pork, or chicken to eat with it.
    I only eat spinach salads but I usually have one with lunch. All it is is the spinach and either olive oil+apple cider vinegar or some lite salad dressing. I'm not huge on vegetables but a raw spinach salad is good and pretty good for you.
    Kale shakes

I drink them

I also eat salads with "power greens"

I also dropped white rice for brown rice, but i am filipino so i could always eat healthier. I just choose not to.
    I don't eat salads at all. I've made it a habit to steam my veggies for the day with my fish. I always lob a chunk of broccoli and tuscan kale in there. Tuscan kale is a bajillion times better than regular kale. It just feels crunchier and more satisfying to eat.

I'm on to my 3rd month of weight loss and the cravings are starting to go haywire. Tips? I had one cheat day where I ate a bunch of oreos and half a bottle of wine, then one cheat meal amounting maybe 400 calories but honestly I haven't really cheated almost at all. The issue is that by now all I can think about all day is eating a fucking box of cornpops and all manners of shit. I've had a carb re-feed day and kept my hunger at bay by eating little portions of pumpkin seeds/plain rice krispy squares but they aren't helping anymore....mouth is watering as I type.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 10,875
    I don't eat salads at all. I've made it a habit to steam my veggies for the day with my fish. I always lob a chunk of broccoli and tuscan kale in there. Tuscan kale is a bajillion times better than regular kale. It just feels crunchier and more satisfying to eat.

I'm on to my 3rd month of weight loss and the cravings are starting to go haywire. Tips? I had one cheat day where I ate a bunch of oreos and half a bottle of wine, then one cheat meal amounting maybe 400 calories but honestly I haven't really cheated almost at all. The issue is that by now all I can think about all day is eating a fucking box of cornpops and all manners of shit. I've had a carb re-feed day and kept my hunger at bay by eating little portions of pumpkin seeds/plain rice krispy squares but they aren't helping anymore....mouth is watering as I type.

I think your diet is too strict. I know you have your own plan but i think you have to pick something you can stick to. Crash diets for cutting weight fast is cool but people dont stay on those programs year round.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file