GATHERING TIME/DAYS

Every Thursday starting at 5:00pm - 11pm inside Lacey GameStar

720 Sleater Kinney Rd SE, Lacey, WA 98503

Email olympiastreets@hotmail.com if you have any questions

SETUPs AVAILABLE
360 (Street Fighter Ultra)
PS3 (BlazBlue/Guilty Gear)
WiiU (Smash)

We bring in our own setups, just your bring sticks!

============================================================================
Post edited by aburnflags on
"Throw him three times."

Comments

• FrAnkDAdAnkFrAnkDAdAnk Commentator Joined: Posts: 4,258 mod
    Ekimris lives in olympia I believe, but if yo're looking for a place on the weekends to play.......and are willing to drive to Seattle @ night......come out to TournamentWars. We have casuals running after the matches are done, and it'd be a great way to introduce yourselves to the community. Plus season 2 signups will be happening shortly. So now would be a good time to check it out :)

/plug.
    New site...new signature....
  • Imperator215Imperator215 Joined: Posts: 907
    Bmckay. That's my dude and he's real cool. Hit him up!
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,387
    Me and a few friends are starting up a fight club for SF4 we need more players! We'll hopefully start meeting up once a week during the weekends in about a month (need to find a place to host ><) if you want in give me a holler we need to get better!
    I've been waiting for someone like you. On my days off, I can help trying to find somewhere to link up. I don't have my own place, so it definitely won't be at my crib. lol.
    Bmckay. That's my dude and he's real cool. Hit him up!

Those matches we had were fun as hell, even though you smashed me up some.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • aburnflagsaburnflags Zero counts as one Joined: Posts: 302
    Whoa awesome. So your in Lacey? Do you know DJ rage quit? I may have found a place I need to check out. I'd love to go up to Seattle I hate that I just moved down from Seattle to Olympia and in my time in Seattle I had no idea there was anyone! But for now I need a place locally since I don't drive I'm sure once we have some matches under our belt we'll head up for a tourney! =)
    "Throw him three times."
  • EkimRisEkimRis Joined: Posts: 256
    Yeah yeah yeah! I'm in Olympia. I live on campus at Evergreen and have been dyin' to get some people around here to play with.
    Whoa awesome. So your in Lacey? Do you know DJ rage quit? I may have found a place I need to check out. I'd love to go up to Seattle I hate that I just moved down from Seattle to Olympia and in my time in Seattle I had no idea there was anyone! But for now I need a place locally since I don't drive I'm sure once we have some matches under our belt we'll head up for a tourney! =)
    Nah, I don't know DJRQ. I don't know many people out there. I'm not actually from Washington. Still learning the ropes.

You don't drive? That's cool. I do. Depending on where you're talking about linking up, I wouldn't mind driving around a while to get there. And if there is a kinda big tourney up in Seattle (NOT TW!!!), I wouldn't mind bringing you up if I go. Gotta see my camp. It's been a long time. lol.
    Yeah yeah yeah! I'm in Olympia. I live on campus at Evergreen and have been dyin' to get some people around here to play with.

I'm down for whatever, homie. Evergreen... I'm trying to remember where that is. I live Off of Rainier Rd. Just past the QFC on the corner or Rainier and Yelm Hwy.

Not that many of the members here would know where the fuck that is.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    Eventually I want to go up to Seattle and battle the teams up there, hell eventually I want to go down to cali and kick some ass there!...But first I want to start meeting up regularly and get better, we still need more people so far we only have four the other people interested in joining are casual which is fine I just want to take us to the next level! =)
    I live Off of Rainier Rd. Just past the QFC on the corner or Rainier and Yelm Hwy.

Not that many of the members here would know where the fuck that is.

Holy crap I think I'm like...just a few miles away, I'm living on rich road off of yelm highway. ><.

Anyway I'm looking into different places that can host while I'm still trying to get a place for myself. You shouldn't have to worry about giving people rides anywhere, and if you do end up driving around we can get you back on gas.
    "Throw him three times."
    What the hell, all you Olympia people been sleeping all this time? I'm totally down to play any time plus I've got a few friends here at Evergreen who play casually (read: scrub level) but I'm sure they'd be willing to work to get better provided there be a small scene around here.
  • Super JoeSuper Joe dance2thafuckingbeat Joined: Posts: 1,001
    Anyone interested in Tekken 6 in Oly-Town? I wouldn't mind driving down to hang out a few times since I live in Tacoma.
    "Terrance, dude I know you so I know your serious and shit about Street Fighter and I know your doing all your shit for the right reasons but its hard as fuck to read your posts dude." Famous Nate
    Anyone interested in Tekken 6 in Oly-Town? I wouldn't mind driving down to hang out a few times since I live in Tacoma.
    You bring a copy for 360, and I'll fuxwitchoo. I'm terribly bad at Tekken, though. So I'm gonna pick Lars to get that top-tier boost.
    Hey hey! We found a place! Thanks to DJragequit's efforts we're allowed to play at Olympia cards and comics on Wednesdays and Thursdays this location gives us some very strict guidelines however, we need to bring our own console, controllers and tv's I've got a heavy and bulky tube tv I'll bring along with my x box 360. Also and this is more important no cussing! Olympia cards and comics tries very hard to be a family oriented place if we get allot of people shouting and a lot of hype we may have to play elsewhere but at least we can get together and do something ya know? So what time is best for you guys and your friends? We'll take any level players and if anyone at the shop wants to play they can come in. I think I'm going to try and set this up for next week and hope we have a good turn out.
    "Throw him three times."
    Hey hey! We found a place! Thanks to DJragequit's efforts we're allowed to play at Olympia cards and comics on Wednesdays and Thursdays this location gives us some very strict guidelines however, we need to bring our own console, controllers and tv's I've got a heavy and bulky tube tv I'll bring along with my x box 360. Also and this is more important no cussing! Olympia cards and comics tries very hard to be a family oriented place if we get allot of people shouting and a lot of hype we may have to play elsewhere but at least we can get together and do something ya know? So what time is best for you guys and your friends? We'll take any level players and if anyone at the shop wants to play they can come in. I think I'm going to try and set this up for next week and hope we have a good turn out.
    That's what's up. I don't know where it is, but I'm aiight with the restrictions. It's whatever. Let me know what I should bring and what kind of space we have/need. If we got a nice card table or some shit, I could bring my monitor, speakers, 360, stick, SFIV, HDR, and Marvel, and Blazblue.

Dope shit, bro. Dope dope shit.

*edit: Forgot I had Blazblue. Lmfao.
    I've been to the store a lot in the past it's a great place for all sorts of geek stuff.

Map here

They should have tables and chairs for us here's a list of what I can bring

TV (non hd)
    xBox 360 (loaded with sf2HD and MvC2)
    Blazblue and SF4
    SE joystick with sanwa stick but default buttons so if you use my stick know the buttons are getting kinda worn down.
    I might be able to bring a fight pad for general use.

We need
    Surge protector (to plug in multiple tv's and systems
    At least 1 more tv and console so we can have multiple matches going on.
    Not necessary for play but I'd really like some way to record the matches so we can observe our faults
    Hype
    "Throw him three times."
    Gross rules but I understand where they're coming from and a place to play is a place to play.

I'll definitely be there at least one of the nights each week. Driving to Gameworks every week is getting old and expensive. Nice work setting this up, I've got a few friends on campus here that might be interested in coming out. They're definitely on the scrub level as far as our community's level of play goes, but if they're willing to learn and get better then they will if there is a place for them to do it.

Just post up what time it's going to be at, I know I'm open for any time.

EDIT: I can also bring a PS3 + TV + SF4 and Tekken 6 and 1 TE stick so if someone else has a PS3 stick to bring that'd make a whole setup.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,252
    I've been to the store a lot in the past it's a great place for all sorts of geek stuff.

Just a heads up Cards & Comics move to a new location earlier this year i think January, so its not the same location as has been in the past.

Is it going to be in the evening?

Also does it have to be SF4? Not really a fan of it, im more of ST remix. Any of you guys play that? If so let me know, i can probably do Thursdays.
    Just a heads up Cards & Comics move to a new location earlier this year i think January, so its not the same location as has been in the past.

Is it going to be in the evening?

Also does it have to be SF4? Not really a fan of it, im more of ST remix. Any of you guys play that? If so let me know, i can probably do Thursdays.
    I play it (terribly), but I'm bringing it, so we can use my setup for it. It's whatever.

We're not doing it tourney style, so I mean, one setup for SFIV, one for HDR/Marvel, MAYBE one for BB/KoFXII/whateverthefuckelse should be fine.
    Ok cool, i never played anyone HD Remix offline. I dont know if i can compete w/ you guys in SFIV haven't played it since 1 month after it came out...

bmckay you still got that free SE joystick you got from Gamecrazy? If i remember you used Viper...
    Well that's kinda why i want the second tv and console so we can have the side casual games but my focus is on SF4 and trying to get better truth be told I don't really have any interest in anything but SF4 and Blazblue. I've tried the 2-d street fighters and they're really not to my liking, Although sf3 seems pretty awesome. Other older 2-d fighters can be fun but not really worth the time and effort to get better at em.

I might be able to get a fight pad for the ps3 but no joystick, while I know DJragequit has a stick for the 360 and while i don't want to speak for him he probably doesn't have any problem bringing his console so if you can provide the tv and we'd let you use our sticks/pads we'd be set, I really wish i had that mod to let my stick be used in the ps3.

The store did move but it didn't go any farther than a crossed the street from where it used to be the google map link should be where it is currently.

I think we're going to try for Thursday's at 3pm till whenever they kick us our or we get tired heh. I'm going over there today to discuss our setup and see what the owner has in mind for us. If you have any troubles showing up or need a ride/directions give me a pm and I'll give you my cell.

Hope to see all you there!
    "Throw him three times."
    Well that's kinda why i want the second tv and console so we can have the side casual games but my focus is on SF4 and trying to get better truth be told I don't really have any interest in anything but SF4 and Blazblue. I've tried the 2-d street fighters and they're really not to my liking, Although sf3 seems pretty awesome. Other older 2-d fighters can be fun but not really worth the time and effort to get better at em.

I might be able to get a fight pad for the ps3 but no joystick, while I know DJragequit has a stick for the 360 and while i don't want to speak for him he probably doesn't have any problem bringing his console so if you can provide the tv and we'd let you use our sticks/pads we'd be set, I really wish i had that mod to let my stick be used in the ps3.

The store did move but it didn't go any farther than a crossed the street from where it used to be the google map link should be where it is currently.

I think we're going to try for Thursday's at 3pm till whenever they kick us our or we get tired heh. I'm going over there today to discuss our setup and see what the owner has in mind for us. If you have any troubles showing up or need a ride/directions give me a pm and I'll give you my cell.

Hope to see all you there!

im going to try to forget what you wrote on the first paragraph.
    Gross rules but I understand where they're coming from and a place to play is a place to play.

I'll definitely be there at least one of the nights each week. Driving to Gameworks every week is getting old and expensive. Nice work setting this up, I've got a few friends on campus here that might be interested in coming out. They're definitely on the scrub level as far as our community's level of play goes, but if they're willing to learn and get better then they will if there is a place for them to do it.

Just post up what time it's going to be at, I know I'm open for any time.

EDIT: I can also bring a PS3 + TV + SF4 and Tekken 6 and 1 TE stick so if someone else has a PS3 stick to bring that'd make a whole setup.

I can bring a stick its american parts though...Do you have HD remix on your PS3? I think people should try to bring extra just incase of no shows or people leaving early...
    The only game I have on my PS3 is Flower.

Which I'm totally down to play if it comes down to it...
    Setup 1
    360, SFIV, 2 SE sticks

Setup 2
    360, ST remix/ Mvc 2/Blazblue (we need 2 sticks)

Setup 3
    PS3, Tekken 6/SFIV, 1 TE & 1 Happ

aburnflags, bmckay, ekimris, djragequit, & myself. aburnflags you said you have 4 people coming, so anyone else bringing anyone? If we only have around 12 people, probably just 2 setups would work best. 1 PS3 & 1 360. That way we dont need to find 2 more sticks...What do you guys think?
    I think I'm going to be bringing one extra person as well.
    The problem with having multiple setups is the lack of tv's as it stands for this first week we may only really need two set ups, bring whatever you have we'll eventually hook it up I'm sure. By the way make sure your consoles and anything you bring is clearly marked.

I was planning on just having setup 1 and setup 2. I have a stick and a fight pad for x360. djragequit will have a stick for x360. So we need at least one more controller for x360. If you bring a ps3 with your stick I may also be able to get a fightpad for the ps3. We'll use whatever we got i guess. As for my friends they may not show up (work and such) so at least for this first meeting it will be rather low key, but i expect in the future allot more people showing up. I'm making up flyers to post around evergreen gaming club and various shops. If anyone has experience making sweet flyers your welcome to help.
    "Throw him three times."
    Wow im getting hype, i haven't been to gathering since X-men vs Street Fighter came out on the Saturn...
    So is this going to happen this Thursday?

Man i put in SFIV for the first time in a long ass time...I remember how much i dislike this game...I tried going back to ST remix & my timing for Gief got all messed up...No more SFIV for me...

Ill be there to play the other games...
    Ok cool, i never played anyone HD Remix offline. I dont know if i can compete w/ you guys in SFIV haven't played it since 1 month after it came out...

bmckay you still got that free SE joystick you got from Gamecrazy? If i remember you used Viper...
    Hahaha, yup, I think got it. I modded it with Sanwa parts (dumb colorful), though. I don't really use Viper, since I found my execution threshold rather quickly trying to do some of her more important close combos. I'm all about Dhalsim now.
    So what's the deal, any updates? Is this going to happen this Thursday? Have you guys talk to Cards & Comics?
    Yea it's happening this Thursday 3:00pm I've talked to the owner of Olympia Cards and comics and she's given us the go ahead. So Thursday bring what you can and we'll use what we can, we really need TV's and controllers. But even if you can't bring anything we will make due with what we have. If this is successful we'll try to do this every Thursday hopefully hone our skills.

Still working on a flyer for us, I'm fairly bad at this ><
    "Throw him three times."
    Oh ok i'll bring a stick...I'll probably be there around 4 something got to pick up my daughter from school...Also will have to leave kinda early as i got free tickets to Twilight:wasted:
    Yea it's happening this Thursday 3:00pm I've talked to the owner of Olympia Cards and comics and she's given us the go ahead. So Thursday bring what you can and we'll use what we can, we really need TV's and controllers. But even if you can't bring anything we will make due with what we have. If this is successful we'll try to do this every Thursday hopefully hone our skills.

Still working on a flyer for us, I'm fairly bad at this ><
    Dang bro-tato. I'll be at work until 7pm. I was hoping my schedule would change to something earlier, but no luck. Depending on how late it runs, I might be able to swing through or something. PM to get my number so I know what to expect.
    I pm'ed you with my number just text me and I'll tell you if we're still around. I saw a TV last time I was at OCC so we're still probably good, at the very least we'll have my pos tv and 360
    "Throw him three times."
    So who is coming? Do i still need to bring my PS3 stick?
    Not sure who all is coming bring whatever you've got tho here's hoping for the best keep in mind we're going to try and do this every week and as of next week i'll have flyers up so we should have people from outside the boards
    "Throw him three times."
    I'm planning on bringing my PS3 and one stick and a tv, so unless you want a setup with a pad (and I sure don't), bring that stick along.
    A pretty good turn out, five people came rcaido's Gief destroyed us! Good showing tho guys lets try to get more people for next time too. Next meeting won't be next Thursday as that's Thanksgiving so we'll do this next on Thursday Dec 3rd keep up the practice guys this definitely helped out my game I haven't really played people off-line so it really opened my eyes to how different it is, plus I had a serious case of the jitters when i started. I'll be waiting for next time guys.
    "Throw him three times."
    ggs tonight. It'll be nice to get some better sticks next time.
    I decided to gut my captain america stick & put it in a smaller stick case...I tried it out last night & seems to be working fine for the PS3 & 360. That was my bad i should have checked it first...

I'll bring two stick next time that way we have 2 setups going at the same time. Im guessing you guys want Japanese sticks?

Cards n Comics is pretty cool, despite that one random trying to munch on aburnflags chips...Anyway is nice meeting you guys we need to meet up again soon. Hopefully we get more peeps next time....bmckay where you at?
    I decided to gut my captain america stick & put it in a smaller stick case...I tried it out last night & seems to be working fine for the PS3 & 360. That was my bad i should have checked it first...

I'll bring two stick next time that way we have 2 setups going at the same time. Im guessing you guys want Japanese sticks?

Cards n Comics is pretty cool, despite that one random trying to munch on aburnflags chips...Anyway is nice meeting you guys we need to meet up again soon. Hopefully we get more peeps next time....bmckay where you at?
    Making cake, homie! What time did ya'll get out of there? I ask, because my schedule is 10a-7p, so most of the fun is already had by the time I get out of work, or at worst, done and gone.
    The place closes at midnight, I assume we can stay until then.

I left a little after 8 because I had some stuff to do, but in the future I'll be sticking around longer if other people do as well.
    Instead of starting at 3 you guys want to push it later to like around 5? I mean if BMK gets off at 7 we'll totally still be around.
    "Throw him three times."
    First draft of the flyer tell me what I should add/remove

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/aburnflags/flyer.jpg?t=1259634194
    "Throw him three times."
    First draft of the flyer tell me what I should add/remove

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/aburnflags/flyerdraft.jpg?t=1258859572

Looks good to me...:tup:
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,213
    So...TW season 2 gonna have some Olympia reps?
    in training...
    I added Olympia cards and comics phone number. When is season two of TW? I'd like to have at least a month or two of refining our skill and getting more people. However even on the first day we we're talking about coming up for TW so...yea you'll probably see us, it would help of some people came down and helped us out =)
    "Throw him three times."
    Any word if more peeps will be coming this time? bmckay you going to make it? Emkris will you bring your PS3?

I just ordered a 360 SE stick so ill bring that too if it arrives by Thursday. So ill bring 3sticks (1 360, 1ps3, & 1 dual mod) this coming Thursday...Hope this time this will run more smoothly & more peeps!
    Any word if more peeps will be coming this time? bmckay you going to make it? Emkris will you bring your PS3?

I just ordered a 360 SE stick so ill bring that too if it arrives by Thursday. So ill bring 3sticks (1 360, 1ps3, & 1 dual mod) this coming Thursday...Hope this time this will run more smoothly & more peeps!
    Like I said, I get out of work at 7pm, so I think I can make it. I mean, it's not far from my house at all.
    Sweet so i posted the flyers all over town two in evergreen one at the game stop by the mall, one at game crazy in lacey and one in the shop where we play. Also DJragequit posted some in tacoma and at game trolls so sweet times hopefully we'll get some new players. If you want to help spread the word too I'll link the edited flyer which has a phone number and I corrected the typos. flyer here

Oh after talking with a guy from gamestop he told me the Lakewood gamestop has a bunch of fighting game fans that show up for various tourneys so if anyone for whatever reason goes by Lakewood drop off a flyer!
    "Throw him three times."
    Thanks for update...I wish i would have kept in touch w/ my arcade buddies awhile back when the fighting scene was still strong...

I think we should bring an extra setup this time though, as its possible we might get a better turn out.

On Wednesday we should do some kind of role call on who is bringing what. Last thing we want is to be unorganized.

I can bring
    2 PS2 arcade stick w/ adapter
    1 Dual Mod PS3/360 arcade stick
    MK vs DC 360
    SCIV PS3
    Virtua Fighter 5 360
    SFIV 360/PS3

Im still waiting on my other SE stick that will be coming in sometime this week, not sure if it arrive in time for Thursday.
    I'm definitely bringing my stick. If it comes down to it, I can bring my copies of Blazblue (for the lolz) and SFIV. Let me know if you want to see my whole setup there. I don't have a problem with packing my shit up and sticking it in my trunk. I did it for NWM, I can do it again. lol.

Whole setup includes (but items can be omitted based on need):
    22" ASUS Monitor.
    Xbox360 w/ VGA Hookup.
    SFIV
    Blazblue
    SSIITHDR
    MvC2 (X360 port)
    Logitech 2.1 Speakers
    Madcatz FightStick SE (Sanwa Edition)
    We for sure need tv's to set up, and a ps3 with games outside of that djragequit and i will be bringing

If Noone else can bring one I can bring that giant clunker TV from last meet up
    2x x360 my console has MvC2 and SF2 HD.
    2x SF4 360
    2x se stick
    2x blazblue
    "Throw him three times."