Olympia Fightclub!

Comments

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,251
    I have a computer monitor i can bring w/ 360 VGA cord. Doesn't have speakers though, let me know if i should bring that too...
  • aburnflagsaburnflags Zero counts as one Joined: Posts: 302
    If we end up playing on your monitor we'll need speakers. Also if you have a surge protector we need one since we only really have 2 sockets in the store to work with.
    "Throw him three times."
  • EkimRisEkimRis Joined: Posts: 256
    Are we still starting at 3:00 tomorrow?

I might be able to make it out for a little bit if so, but I'm absolutely swamped with end-of-the-quarter work. I'll bring my PS3, stick and TV, but like I said it won't be around for more than a couple hours.
    i'll see if i can find somekind of speaker, not sure if i have one though as i dont think i want to bring my receiver w/ my tower speakers....If someone has a spare to bring, please bring it or let me know ahead of time before this starts.

So far we got the following...

2 tvs (ekimris, aburnflags)
    2 monitor w/ 360 VGA(rcaido,bmckay)
    3 360 SE sticks (djragequit, bmckay, aburnflags)
    3 Ps3 sticks (rcaido, ekimris)
    1 dual mod stick (rcaido)
    3 xbox 360 (djragequit, aburnflags, bmckay)
    1 PS3 (ekimris)
    ====================================
    Games

4 SFIV 360
    2 Blazblue 360
    1 Virtua Fighter 5 360
    1 MK vs DC 360
    2 SFiv PS3

Someone has Tekken 6 right? What about KOF?
    Djragequit has tekken 6 don't know anyone with king of fighters looking forward to seeing you guys at the shop, hope you've been practicing.
    "Throw him three times."
    Not going to be able to make it out, way too much work to do on my final projects. Sorry, guys.
    It's understandable school totally comes first. By the way we're starting at 5 now which opens up peoples schedules a lot more hope to see you next Thursday 5 pm!
    "Throw him three times."
  • YnosYnos Joined: Posts: 6
    so yall meet up at 5pm thursdays at this card place? here i was thinkin nobody in freakin olympia played street fighter. what are yall in need of?
    so yall meet up at 5pm thursdays at this card place? here i was thinkin nobody in freakin olympia played street fighter. what are yall in need of?

Hey Ynos what's going on man...You from Olympia? Right now, we really dont need anything except for more people to show up. So if you can make it on Thursday Fightclub that would be sweet, bring a friend if you can...

Ggs aburnflag & djragequit...Im going to start practicing & studying some SFIV vids of Gief/Fei...Cant believe we played till midnight last night...
  • YnosYnos Joined: Posts: 6
    yea i live across from spscc and ill try to make it next week if im not busy
    Hey aburnflag, are you still going to bring your TV? Did that other tv work? Anyway, ill see you guys tomorrow. I'll try out that Gief link you sent met...

Ynos, Ekimris, & bmckay you guys going to make it?
    I'll be there this week with at least one, potentially two, people in tow and my setup.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,387
    Hey aburnflag, are you still going to bring your TV? Did that other tv work? Anyway, ill see you guys tomorrow. I'll try out that Gief link you sent met...

Ynos, Ekimris, & bmckay you guys going to make it?
    Yeah, as far as I'm aware. flags has my number, so if you guys need anything, let me know before 7, so I can head home and pick it up. My stick comes regardless.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    I'm leaving now but have something to do first, so will be late, but am bringing 2 people plus a setup.
    Great games guys look forward to doing it again next Thursday.
    "Throw him three times."
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,387
    Great games guys look forward to doing it again next Thursday.
    Yeah. Definitely. I had a blast. I know some of the shit I have to work on now, so I think it was helpful regardless of how short it actually was. lol.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    i like the enthusiasm you guys have w/ SFIV. I hope all of you guys can make it next Thursday, as there wont be one for the following Thursday (Christmast eve)...

aburnflags- If djragequit hasn't fixed his car, let me know & ill pick him up if he lives in Thurston County area...

See you guys next week!
    Late response:

Good games on Thursday night guys, I definitely saw huge improvement in Aburnflags' game.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it next Thursday before the holiday break but we'll see what happens. I definitely saw improvement in everybody's game over the course of the night and it's only gonna get better.
    Jan 7th 2010 will be Olympia fight clubs first tournament. Double elimination best two out of three loser can change character. Starting at 8p.m at Olympia cards and comics (4230 Pacific Avenue Southeast Lacey, WA 98503-1115 | (360) 459-7721) if we get a good turnout we may have to narrow it down to single elim due to time constraints. Casuals before the tournament will start at 5p.m Come one come all!
    "Throw him three times."
    So who is coming tomorrow? Did DJragequit fix his car?
    I won't be there tomorrow.
    djragequits car is now in perfect running order so he and I will be there. Sorry to hear you can't make it EkimRis hopefully we'll still have a decent turn out.
    "Throw him three times."
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,213
    Jan 7th 2010 will be Olympia fight clubs first tournament. Double elimination best two out of three loser can change character. Starting at 8p.m at Olympia cards and comics (4230 Pacific Avenue Southeast Lacey, WA 98503-1115 | (360) 459-7721) if we get a good turnout we may have to narrow it down to single elim due to time constraints. Casuals before the tournament will start at 5p.m Come one come all!

Mike, win this.
    in training...
    Yes, sir.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hey - it's John (came with Mike last Thursday) Just saying hey on the thread and that I had a blast.
    Sorry I couldn't make it tonight I went down to Portland for a bit. Can't wait for the tourney.
  • Tito MelTito Mel just a user Joined: Posts: 185
    hey i was wondering if you guys will be holding a marvel tournament the same day as this event??
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
  • XeroxHandsXeroxHands ♫*Ahhhh* girl look at that Dudley♫ Joined: Posts: 212
    Just dropping in to let people know of 1 more Olympia player (and my group of 3 or so) :)

Also, might be making the drive to Tournament Wars soon if I'm not swamped

Last Edit: We also play over near SPSCC. Large Plasma, swearing allowed, usually too much drinking, 2 TE sticks. Just say what's up if you wanna get some practice in or just wanna mess.
    XBL GT: My XeroxHands
    Add me if you want HD uploads of your match replays
    Tech Hit Tournament Series Staff
    Hey Xeroxhands what games do you guys get into??
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    Well we're mainly playing sf4 right now. But we also do old snes shit and pc stuff too (quake and modern warfare 2)
    Just dropping in to let people know of 1 more Olympia player (and my group of 3 or so) :)

Also, might be making the drive to Tournament Wars soon if I'm not swamped

Last Edit: We also play over near SPSCC. Large Plasma, swearing allowed, usually too much drinking, 2 TE sticks. Just say what's up if you wanna get some practice in or just wanna mess.

Man you guys should come down on Thursdays at Cards in Comics, we could use more people showing up...

Also, when do you guys do your gatherings? I wouldn't mind having an extra day of fighting...Let me know when & the directions...
    I'll let people know via pm that are interested. Maybe this weekend
    Im interested hit me up with a pm...
    Fo sho
    well i'm pretty bad at SF4, i usually play mvc2 but i could get down on some MW2
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    sadly we're all hella free on mvc2 :(
    LoL it's okay, like Free Orleans or like Freetos chips??? =) just joking but yeah i'm pretty much free on sf4, but pm me sometime, i stay in lacey
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    Do you guys play HDR?
    Only one guy in our group plays HDR. SF4 is actually the first fighting game I've put serious time into, so everything I know is roughly based on this system.
    Hey Rcaido, will you guys be holding any other tournaments besides sf4 at OCC on Jan 7th?? Plz let me know
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    Hey Rcaido, will you guys be holding any other tournaments besides sf4 at OCC on Jan 7th?? Plz let me know

Better ask aburnflags, he's the guy who organize the Fight Club in Cards & Comics.

But i think sadly its just going to be SF4 at the moment. This is our first tournament & we are just doing this so we can attract more people to our gatherings.

When there are more people & more demand then i dont see a problem having other games available.
    Yea unfortunately none of us are any good with mvc2 tho we certainly play it on occasion when we get bored. For those at spscc you should totally show up Thursday but depending on when it is over there I'd be down to show up also if your worried about cussing apparently it's okay in moderation after 9p.m (which is why I'm starting the tourney at 8 it's late I understand but I'm guessing some cussing will be unavoidable) If my schedule permits I'd love to catch a ride up with you guys to Tournament wars I'd to organize going up as a group.

Speaking of doing things as a group for those interested my friend is organizing a pre new years party (Jan 30th) the main event being playing a game called "UFS" or "Universal fighting system" a card game based on fighting games, him and I used to be way into it but it's totally dead now however he got a bunch of cards on the cheap and wants to do a booster draft (no fee to enter you just don't keep the cards) it's an easy game to learn for those who have no idea how to play, but outside of that he'll have a bunch of fighting games on to play between rounds not to mention his 3 full sized arcade cabinets giving us some old school fighting game flavor, if anyone's interested send me a pm and I'll let you know where it is.
    "Throw him three times."
    I don't know what it is about Oly Cards and Comics but damn I hate that place. I'll probably stop by some thursday to say hi and support the local "scene" or whatever, but I haven't been on good terms with the owner since Mirage was in Standard block lol
    Your a strange guy ace.
    "Throw him three times."
    Dam yeah i'm a regular at OCC and i hate that place also, but yeah i might come around to show some support but i'm free on SF4 =)
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    OCC is nerd heaven, they got some amazing statues...Lots of cool stuff there. I dont see where all the hate is coming from. I think its cool of them to let us use there place to do our gatherings.

Anyway, i sprain my left thumb...Its really hard/painful to play Street fighter. :sad: Hopefully i'll be healed up by the tournament in January.
    I think its cool of them to let us use there place to do our gatherings.

QFT. I know you guys haven't been out to our session yet, but it's not easy finding a place to play down south. If you haven't noticed yet there aren't a lot of players and none of them are at the level of the players up north.

I get the feeling it's minor quibbles that are causing the hate and it would be the equivalent of hating on Best Western for charging 3 bucks instead of 2 for beers despite them giving us the place for free. Granted I've only lived down here for a few months, but I've had nothing but good experiences at OCC, it's a really great place to play despite the "family friendly" rule, but that's really nothing in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure whatever issues you have with the place or the owner are entirely your fault, because so far the staff seems pretty reasonable to me.

Yeah maybe I'm lookin' at this too seriously, but I'm gonna defend the hell out of the only place I have to get any decent practice in without driving over an hour north to a session in Seattle.

Rant over.
    Yeah yeah OCC is all good
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
  • BokkinBokkin Have gun Will shoot Joined: Posts: 2,135
    So I hear there is a tourney comin up? If there are lots of heads (more than 10) I might pop down.....unless this is an Olympia thing.....otherwise it'd be fun to head down and meet some people not always in seattle or lynnwood....more the merrier...... more competition breeds better competition. I know mike and that's about it....
    "I'm a titty fucking kind of guy"
    -MikeHasCookies 2011
    I highly doubt there will be more than 10 heads, so I probably wouldn't head down to this one, Carlos. I'll definitely let you know what the turnout looks like so you can decide if it's worth it for the next one.
    I highly doubt there will be more than 10 heads, so I probably wouldn't head down to this one, Carlos. I'll definitely let you know what the turnout looks like so you can decide if it's worth it for the next one.

Do you think your friends will come down? If so that's 3 right there, bmckay, aburnflags, djragequit, xeroxhands, that one guy who came by, sorry forgot your name, & myself...That makes 9, there might be some randoms too...So bokkin if you can come down & maybe bring some peeps with you, shit would be fun.

I think the Tourney should be on the 14th though, we should have at least one more gathering so we can talk about it or set things up. I mean its going to be like 3 weeks since we seen each other when the tournament finally hits.

I dont even know how much its going to be & anybody here know how to do brackets? Organization & first impressions are key to bringing people back for the second time. What do you guys think? Anybody who's done tournaments before give any tips/ advice?