Olympia Fightclub!

Comments

• aburnflagsaburnflags Zero counts as one Joined: Posts: 302
    First draft of the flyer tell me what I should add/remove

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/aburnflags/flyer.jpg?t=1259634194
    "Throw him three times."
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,419
    First draft of the flyer tell me what I should add/remove

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/aburnflags/flyerdraft.jpg?t=1258859572

Looks good to me...:tup:
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,214
    So...TW season 2 gonna have some Olympia reps?
    in training...
    I added Olympia cards and comics phone number. When is season two of TW? I'd like to have at least a month or two of refining our skill and getting more people. However even on the first day we we're talking about coming up for TW so...yea you'll probably see us, it would help of some people came down and helped us out =)
    "Throw him three times."
    Any word if more peeps will be coming this time? bmckay you going to make it? Emkris will you bring your PS3?

I just ordered a 360 SE stick so ill bring that too if it arrives by Thursday. So ill bring 3sticks (1 360, 1ps3, & 1 dual mod) this coming Thursday...Hope this time this will run more smoothly & more peeps!
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,402
    Any word if more peeps will be coming this time? bmckay you going to make it? Emkris will you bring your PS3?

I just ordered a 360 SE stick so ill bring that too if it arrives by Thursday. So ill bring 3sticks (1 360, 1ps3, & 1 dual mod) this coming Thursday...Hope this time this will run more smoothly & more peeps!
    Like I said, I get out of work at 7pm, so I think I can make it. I mean, it's not far from my house at all.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    Sweet so i posted the flyers all over town two in evergreen one at the game stop by the mall, one at game crazy in lacey and one in the shop where we play. Also DJragequit posted some in tacoma and at game trolls so sweet times hopefully we'll get some new players. If you want to help spread the word too I'll link the edited flyer which has a phone number and I corrected the typos. flyer here

Oh after talking with a guy from gamestop he told me the Lakewood gamestop has a bunch of fighting game fans that show up for various tourneys so if anyone for whatever reason goes by Lakewood drop off a flyer!
    "Throw him three times."
    Thanks for update...I wish i would have kept in touch w/ my arcade buddies awhile back when the fighting scene was still strong...

I think we should bring an extra setup this time though, as its possible we might get a better turn out.

On Wednesday we should do some kind of role call on who is bringing what. Last thing we want is to be unorganized.

I can bring
    2 PS2 arcade stick w/ adapter
    1 Dual Mod PS3/360 arcade stick
    MK vs DC 360
    SCIV PS3
    Virtua Fighter 5 360
    SFIV 360/PS3

Im still waiting on my other SE stick that will be coming in sometime this week, not sure if it arrive in time for Thursday.
    I'm definitely bringing my stick. If it comes down to it, I can bring my copies of Blazblue (for the lolz) and SFIV. Let me know if you want to see my whole setup there. I don't have a problem with packing my shit up and sticking it in my trunk. I did it for NWM, I can do it again. lol.

Whole setup includes (but items can be omitted based on need):
    22" ASUS Monitor.
    Xbox360 w/ VGA Hookup.
    SFIV
    Blazblue
    SSIITHDR
    MvC2 (X360 port)
    Logitech 2.1 Speakers
    Madcatz FightStick SE (Sanwa Edition)
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    We for sure need tv's to set up, and a ps3 with games outside of that djragequit and i will be bringing

If Noone else can bring one I can bring that giant clunker TV from last meet up
    2x x360 my console has MvC2 and SF2 HD.
    2x SF4 360
    2x se stick
    2x blazblue
    "Throw him three times."
    I have a computer monitor i can bring w/ 360 VGA cord. Doesn't have speakers though, let me know if i should bring that too...
    If we end up playing on your monitor we'll need speakers. Also if you have a surge protector we need one since we only really have 2 sockets in the store to work with.
    "Throw him three times."
  • EkimRisEkimRis Joined: Posts: 256
    Are we still starting at 3:00 tomorrow?

I might be able to make it out for a little bit if so, but I'm absolutely swamped with end-of-the-quarter work. I'll bring my PS3, stick and TV, but like I said it won't be around for more than a couple hours.
    i'll see if i can find somekind of speaker, not sure if i have one though as i dont think i want to bring my receiver w/ my tower speakers....If someone has a spare to bring, please bring it or let me know ahead of time before this starts.

So far we got the following...

2 tvs (ekimris, aburnflags)
    2 monitor w/ 360 VGA(rcaido,bmckay)
    3 360 SE sticks (djragequit, bmckay, aburnflags)
    3 Ps3 sticks (rcaido, ekimris)
    1 dual mod stick (rcaido)
    3 xbox 360 (djragequit, aburnflags, bmckay)
    1 PS3 (ekimris)
    ====================================
    Games

4 SFIV 360
    2 Blazblue 360
    1 Virtua Fighter 5 360
    1 MK vs DC 360
    2 SFiv PS3

Someone has Tekken 6 right? What about KOF?
    Djragequit has tekken 6 don't know anyone with king of fighters looking forward to seeing you guys at the shop, hope you've been practicing.
    "Throw him three times."
    Not going to be able to make it out, way too much work to do on my final projects. Sorry, guys.
    It's understandable school totally comes first. By the way we're starting at 5 now which opens up peoples schedules a lot more hope to see you next Thursday 5 pm!
    "Throw him three times."
  • YnosYnos Joined: Posts: 6
    so yall meet up at 5pm thursdays at this card place? here i was thinkin nobody in freakin olympia played street fighter. what are yall in need of?
    so yall meet up at 5pm thursdays at this card place? here i was thinkin nobody in freakin olympia played street fighter. what are yall in need of?

Hey Ynos what's going on man...You from Olympia? Right now, we really dont need anything except for more people to show up. So if you can make it on Thursday Fightclub that would be sweet, bring a friend if you can...

Ggs aburnflag & djragequit...Im going to start practicing & studying some SFIV vids of Gief/Fei...Cant believe we played till midnight last night...
  • YnosYnos Joined: Posts: 6
    yea i live across from spscc and ill try to make it next week if im not busy
    Hey aburnflag, are you still going to bring your TV? Did that other tv work? Anyway, ill see you guys tomorrow. I'll try out that Gief link you sent met...

Ynos, Ekimris, & bmckay you guys going to make it?
    I'll be there this week with at least one, potentially two, people in tow and my setup.
    Hey aburnflag, are you still going to bring your TV? Did that other tv work? Anyway, ill see you guys tomorrow. I'll try out that Gief link you sent met...

Ynos, Ekimris, & bmckay you guys going to make it?
    Yeah, as far as I'm aware. flags has my number, so if you guys need anything, let me know before 7, so I can head home and pick it up. My stick comes regardless.
    I'm leaving now but have something to do first, so will be late, but am bringing 2 people plus a setup.
    Great games guys look forward to doing it again next Thursday.
    "Throw him three times."
    Great games guys look forward to doing it again next Thursday.
    Yeah. Definitely. I had a blast. I know some of the shit I have to work on now, so I think it was helpful regardless of how short it actually was. lol.
    i like the enthusiasm you guys have w/ SFIV. I hope all of you guys can make it next Thursday, as there wont be one for the following Thursday (Christmast eve)...

aburnflags- If djragequit hasn't fixed his car, let me know & ill pick him up if he lives in Thurston County area...

See you guys next week!
    Late response:

Good games on Thursday night guys, I definitely saw huge improvement in Aburnflags' game.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it next Thursday before the holiday break but we'll see what happens. I definitely saw improvement in everybody's game over the course of the night and it's only gonna get better.
    Jan 7th 2010 will be Olympia fight clubs first tournament. Double elimination best two out of three loser can change character. Starting at 8p.m at Olympia cards and comics (4230 Pacific Avenue Southeast Lacey, WA 98503-1115 | (360) 459-7721) if we get a good turnout we may have to narrow it down to single elim due to time constraints. Casuals before the tournament will start at 5p.m Come one come all!
    "Throw him three times."
    So who is coming tomorrow? Did DJragequit fix his car?
    I won't be there tomorrow.
    djragequits car is now in perfect running order so he and I will be there. Sorry to hear you can't make it EkimRis hopefully we'll still have a decent turn out.
    "Throw him three times."
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,214
    Jan 7th 2010 will be Olympia fight clubs first tournament. Double elimination best two out of three loser can change character. Starting at 8p.m at Olympia cards and comics (4230 Pacific Avenue Southeast Lacey, WA 98503-1115 | (360) 459-7721) if we get a good turnout we may have to narrow it down to single elim due to time constraints. Casuals before the tournament will start at 5p.m Come one come all!

Mike, win this.
    in training...
    Yes, sir.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Hey - it's John (came with Mike last Thursday) Just saying hey on the thread and that I had a blast.
    Sorry I couldn't make it tonight I went down to Portland for a bit. Can't wait for the tourney.
  • Tito MelTito Mel just a user Joined: Posts: 185
    hey i was wondering if you guys will be holding a marvel tournament the same day as this event??
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
  • XeroxHandsXeroxHands ♫*Ahhhh* girl look at that Dudley♫ Joined: Posts: 212
    Just dropping in to let people know of 1 more Olympia player (and my group of 3 or so) :)

Also, might be making the drive to Tournament Wars soon if I'm not swamped

Last Edit: We also play over near SPSCC. Large Plasma, swearing allowed, usually too much drinking, 2 TE sticks. Just say what's up if you wanna get some practice in or just wanna mess.
    XBL GT: My XeroxHands
    Add me if you want HD uploads of your match replays
    Tech Hit Tournament Series Staff
  • Tito MelTito Mel just a user Joined: Posts: 185
    Hey Xeroxhands what games do you guys get into??
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
  • XeroxHandsXeroxHands ♫*Ahhhh* girl look at that Dudley♫ Joined: Posts: 212
    Well we're mainly playing sf4 right now. But we also do old snes shit and pc stuff too (quake and modern warfare 2)
    XBL GT: My XeroxHands
    Add me if you want HD uploads of your match replays
    Tech Hit Tournament Series Staff
    Just dropping in to let people know of 1 more Olympia player (and my group of 3 or so) :)

Also, might be making the drive to Tournament Wars soon if I'm not swamped

Last Edit: We also play over near SPSCC. Large Plasma, swearing allowed, usually too much drinking, 2 TE sticks. Just say what's up if you wanna get some practice in or just wanna mess.

Man you guys should come down on Thursdays at Cards in Comics, we could use more people showing up...

Also, when do you guys do your gatherings? I wouldn't mind having an extra day of fighting...Let me know when & the directions...