Olympia Fightclub!

Comments

• Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    "Wtf Drew, did you just yolo block that?!" - Dark Vilmon
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
  • Arcade EliteArcade Elite AKA: AE8621 Joined: Posts: 8
    Its been so long and I have forgot my old account it all started here for me 5 years ago. Now not meany players stop by and talk anymore. Also It is still nice to see you here DrooMighty
    It really did start in this thread. I never realized back in 2011 that posting in this thread would introduce me to the best crew of all time.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    How is the Texas seen treating you Droo? Also do you got that google fiber internet there?
    My internet is ass. ggs on XBL Ryan, I hope you enjoyed those red focus cancels ;)
    8-3-2004

• OGSFOGSF Joined: Posts: 713
    they have super SF4 arcade edition and ST (Japanese version) at B&I
    "The few prosper, while the rest suffer." - OGSF
    OGSF wrote: »
    they have super SF4 arcade edition and ST (Japanese version) at B&I

Sup mayng?

8-3-2004

• aburnflagsaburnflags Zero counts as one Joined: Posts: 302
    Whoa! It's been awhile since I've seen this thread! Sup Drew, yeah it was good playing you again on xbl it really felt like old times. Right now I'm freaking out cause I have Snake Eyes first round at Evo this year and Gieft is STILL Bodying me at locals
    "Throw him three times."
    aburnflags wrote: »
    Whoa! It's been awhile since I've seen this thread! Sup Drew, yeah it was good playing you again on xbl it really felt like old times. Right now I'm freaking out cause I have Snake Eyes first round at Evo this year and Gieft is STILL Bodying me at locals

If Snake Eyez is cool, ask him how to beat Gieft after the match. Use this to your advantage!
    8-3-2004

anyone have a pools list for EVO? Anyone ever been to the B&I to play SSF4AE and SSF2T?
    anyone have a pools list for EVO? Anyone ever been to the B&I to play SSF4AE and SSF2T?

Do you work at the B&I or something? Lol
    8-3-2004

Nope, just went by there the other week
  • LadyLuckLadyLuck Joined: Posts: 11
    I went to the B&I a couple of weeks ago. When I was there the 2P side for AE wasn't working.
    LadyLuck, didn't you say that you and others play CVS2?
    LadyLuck, didn't you say that you and others play CVS2?

I played CvS2 a lot when I still lived in Olympia. Now I'm bummed out that there's interest. :(
    8-3-2004

We can always bring a PS2 setup at that game place on 56th street in Tacoma, or we can bring it to Dorky's (they have some CRT TVs)
    I moved to Texas unfortunately.

Still, did you ever play CvS2 at the Olympia Tilt, or Gametrax at South Hill? I played heavily at both spots from 2003-2008, MvC2, CvS2 and 3S.
    8-3-2004

Nah, I played CVS2 at a Mindboggle and at a Fun Fun Fun in Fayetteville, NC. and at SVGL, MGL, and Scandia (Rohnert Park), and at Hawaiian Brian's Billiard and Fun Factory on Oahu between 2000 and 2008...
  • WWDeityWWDeity Humble Huart Joined: Posts: 251
    I always forget that this thread is even a thing haha.
    Anyway, I hope to see you at EVO Drew! I'll be leaving tomorrow morning!
    "Huart the Human"
    WWDeity wrote: »

You won't
    8-3-2004

WWDeity wrote: »

You won't

Wut
    "Huart the Human"
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,388
    I never check the NW forum anymore. Who is Lady Luck? Droo I hope you're currently preparing for the move back to Oly, yo. I need someone who's always down to play offline 3S with lol. I bet Mr. Brown would be down for it lol. Why you ain't going to Evo?

"...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
    bmckay wrote: »
    I never check the NW forum anymore. Who is Lady Luck? Droo I hope you're currently preparing for the move back to Oly, yo. I need someone who's always down to play offline 3S with lol. I bet Mr. Brown would be down for it lol. Why you ain't going to Evo?

Money is the reason, really. Real life responsibilities are no joke, it sucks. And man, I do miss me some offline 3S! I play on XBL but it's not the same.
    8-3-2004

• LadyLuckLadyLuck Joined: Posts: 11
    This is Jon Lay or 'Prophet'. I guess I play CVS2 not that i'm hat good though, I'm not really from Olympia I just showed up randomly. I might go to that game store today at 56th street. I usually just end up playing whatever people are playing which will probably be tekken today.
    LadyLuck wrote: »
    This is Jon Lay or 'Prophet'. I guess I play CVS2 not that i'm hat good though, I'm not really from Olympia I just showed up randomly. I might go to that game store today at 56th street. I usually just end up playing whatever people are playing which will probably be tekken today.

THE PROPHET AKA THE THE BEST VIPER IN U.P. AKA THE THIRD MAO BROTHER AKA THE MAN WITH THE $TORM $W@G AKA THE SLAYER OF THE SHEEPSLAYER
    8-3-2004

• JungoJungo Joined: Posts: 2
    Anyone still around in Olympia? I moved out here for the summer since my dad got a new job, and I'm basically spending all of my larger breaks from college over here. Wondering if any local events are still going on. Or at least a way to play some games offline.

I play/can play SF, UMvC3, BBCP, KoFXIII, P4A, whatever. I'm not really any good but I'm trying to get a little better in Street Fighter, mostly. Haven't had a chance to touch Ultra since I mainly play on PC now.
    Jungo wrote: »
    Anyone still around in Olympia? I moved out here for the summer since my dad got a new job, and I'm basically spending all of my larger breaks from college over here. Wondering if any local events are still going on. Or at least a way to play some games offline.

I play/can play SF, UMvC3, BBCP, KoFXIII, P4A, whatever. I'm not really any good but I'm trying to get a little better in Street Fighter, mostly. Haven't had a chance to touch Ultra since I mainly play on PC now.

I don't live in Olympia anymore, but I can tell you that people do still play there quite frequently. A few things are going on right now, though.

1.) a lot of the crew is at Evo and probably won't see this

2.) a lot of the crew doesn't do SRK anymore, they have a Facebook group called "Olympia Mother Russia", it should pop up easily in search

3.) from what I understand, the place that hosts the Thursday gatherings (Olympic Cards & Comics) is being remodeled currently and the gatherings are at somebody's house. There are also gatherings hosted by @rcaido every other Friday, if you introduce yourself and ask real nice you can probably attend one of those.

Vilmon, aka Ryan and @aburnflags‌ here at SRK, he's the main guy at organizing the FGC in Olympia. He is the best person to contact, and he will take care of you.

I've been a part of more than a few FGC scenes in the last 11 years, and I can say honestly that Olympia is by far the coolest. These are great guys.

Hope this helps
    8-3-2004

• JungoJungo Joined: Posts: 2
    It certainly does. I'll look into that group, thanks!
    Hey, we just got back from EVO!
    Jungo wrote: »

We'll be having casual sessions at Olympic Cards and Comics this Thursday from 7 to midnight! There's no venue fee, but the only drawback is to keep your language in check since the store is pretty family friendly. We will most likely be upstairs.
    bmckay wrote: »

Money is the reason, really. Real life responsibilities are no joke, it sucks. And man, I do miss me some offline 3S! I play on XBL but it's not the same.

That sucks dude. I was really looking forward to seeing you again. Hopefully next year tho!!

Also, this is the only picture from EVO that matters.

tumblr_n8mqh6q2MV1tu4gdyo1_1280.jpg
    "Huart the Human"
    You beat some Japanese scrubs in pools, right? I also heard you bodied the whole continent of Europe in casuals.
    8-3-2004

• The_HamptonsThe_Hamptons Joined: Posts: 9
    anything going on around the Kent/Auburn area?
    You beat some Japanese scrubs in pools, right? I also heard you bodied the whole continent of Europe in casuals.

I went to the European room and beat quite a few players but I honestly couldnt tell who was actually from Europe or not lol. I also beat Mabusin from Japan in my pool, so I'm pretty proud! I also played alot of Japanese Kokonoe's in casuals and did pretty decently!! I had so much fun at EVO this year, and I'm really happy that I ended up picking up Blazblue!! I don't think I could have realized how fun fighting games could be until BBCP released.

anything going on around the Kent/Auburn area?

https://facebook.com/events/716461428391071/

Gamebreakerz up in Auburn hosts tournaments at the end of every month! We also have "Battle For Seattle" up in Gamebreakerz at the start of every month too. Depends on which is more convenient for your schedule.
    "Huart the Human"
  • VERLAINEVERLAINE Joined: Posts: 17
    I'm so happy to have found this thread. I want to get involved with the local FGC here in Washington. I got in this state last Monday.
  • TheFinalLineTheFinalLine Joined: Posts: 112
    VERLAINE wrote: »
    I'm so happy to have found this thread. I want to get involved with the local FGC here in Washington. I got in this state last Monday.

Sweet! That good to hear. This Thursday if your close or in Olympia. We are going to play some game at Olympia Cards and Comics. Here is the address.
    4230 Pacific Ave SE, Lacey, WA 98503

We will be near the vending/X-man cab in the store. When you get there just introduce yourself. We are a cool group.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,278
    Everyone is cool except for this guy name Kevin. He is a bit odd, he always has his shirt off & drives a motorcycle.
    rcaido wrote: »
    Everyone is cool except for this guy name Kevin. He is a bit odd, he always has his shirt off & drives a motorcycle.

Yeah but he purged all of the evil from his soul, which became a being named Vincent who lives off of Hennessy and EX Tatsus
    8-3-2004

anything going down this weekend anywhere? CVS2 and SSF2T and maybe some SFIIITS
    anything going down this weekend anywhere? CVS2 and SSF2T and maybe some SFIIITS

Feel free to stop by the comic shop. I'm sure that we'd be down to play some old games with you. Hell, we've consistently had a Guilty Gear setup every week since I returned from EVO.
    "Huart the Human"
    Also, I'll be heading to Norcal Dogfight this Thursday with some of the top anime guys up north. Hopefully, I can pretend that I'm a top player too lmao. I think I'll be staying at DacidBro's house if I remember right.

Also, Drew, have you played Under Night In Birth yet? This game is secretly the best game out right now. It's like playing a slightly more anime Street Fighter game. It really rewards footsies, smart meter management, and good blocking. I've never played anything like it before haha. I'm amazed at how well it's surviving after P4AU released. It's consistently getting the 2nd most entrants at PNW events. I'm also consistently top seed for the UNIEL GBZ tournaments here so I'm probably a little bias lol.
    "Huart the Human"
    Are there PS2's there? If so then I can bring the CVS2 game
  • Tito MelTito Mel just a user Joined: Posts: 185
    Do people still play at OCC? If so, what games and it does it still happen on Thursdays? Also does anyone in the area know how to fix mas sticks? I play CVS2!
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    Yes we still play at OCC on Thursdays, USF4, GG, P4U, and UMVC3 are the games that are being played right now. As for your mas sticks if you can bring one my brother and I can look at it and try to help you out. Also what is wrong with it them anyway?
    I love how all the CvS2 happens now that I'm gone.
    8-3-2004

I still haven't played CvS2 at Gabi's yet with anybody if that makes you feel better lol.

Every week there's always 2 setups min. 1 setup for USF4, and the other for Arcsys games. Marvel occasionally takes up a 3rd spot. We have yet to setup CvS2 on either, but all I know is that I'm supposed to pick Sakura bc you said so, Drew.
    "Huart the Human"
    A Groove Vega/Sakura/Blanka like Ricky
    8-3-2004

• Tito MelTito Mel just a user Joined: Posts: 185
    null
    What time do people usually start playing? Some of the buttons lag when I press them.
    Bang-Bang-Lacey-Gang
    but where would we play? Dorky's? I did see some CRT TVs at Dorky's
  • TheFinalLineTheFinalLine Joined: Posts: 112
    Tito Mel wrote: »
    Some of the buttons lag when I press them.

If it's lag. It could be a number of things. It could be your tv/monitor you play on, if you are using a converter it could be that, something could be wrong with the PCB, parts becoming old/sticky/ect..., but what i really think is if your playing CvS2 on the PS3. Then that could be the real problem. CvS2 on the PS3 port was really bad and it had input lag. That could be whats going on. Your stick could be fine, but a bad port of the game could be your answer. The only way to fix that is to play CvS2 on a PS2 or a dreamcast.

If it's lag. It could be a number of things. It could be your tv/monitor you play on, if you are using a converter it could be that, something could be wrong with the PCB, parts becoming old/sticky/ect..., but what i really think is if your playing CvS2 on the PS3. Then that could be the real problem. CvS2 on the PS3 port was really bad and it had input lag. That could be whats going on. Your stick could be fine, but a bad port of the game could be your answer. The only way to fix that is to play CvS2 on a PS2 or a dreamcast.

Yeah, or he could ask @rcaido to put CvS2 in his candy cab at Mother Russia and get the invite. If Ryan still has that game I know he'll be down to install it and play for a night, he seems to like it. Playing on an actual cab blows even the PS2 and Dreamcast versions away.
    8-3-2004

• rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,278

Yeah, or he could ask @rcaido to put CvS2 in his candy cab at Mother Russia and get the invite. If Ryan still has that game I know he'll be down to install it and play for a night, he seems to like it. Playing on an actual cab blows even the PS2 and Dreamcast versions away.

Yeah i have it hooked up to the Net City cab, no one really plays it though.