Olympia Fightclub!

Comments

• CPR253CPR253 Joined: Posts: 120
    My thoughts on racism...

<CPR> Man, it was nice to get a free meal on Veterans Day.
    <Mackinzie> Did you know that like 5 million old people try to say they're Vietnam vets?
    <CPR> Really, WTF?
    <Yzae B> Don't nobody give a fuck about that, because ain't no Vietnam vet ever won a major.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,350
    Hey guys my birthday is like in August can you buy me this...Also a bucket Popeyes
  • AE8621AE8621 I Fight for Eliza Joined: Posts: 257
    Dose any one like to buy my hrap 1 arcade stick from me? I need the money to pay sky back.
    Dose any one like to buy my hrap 1 arcade stick from me? I need the money to pay sky back.
    Which Hrap1 is that? How much you selling it for?
    Its my hrap1 arcade stick. I don't know yet still thinking of a price. Also you don't need any arcade stick rcaido you have candy cabs.
    I think i'm going to stop playing fighting games you guys. Today I felt like I am going nowhere with this and feel like I can do something better with myself. Selling my arcade stick was a step to my end of fighting games (also I think of selling it for $80) it was fun you guys but this is it for me.
  • RisingChurchRisingChurch Bass Bass Wub Wub Wub Joined: Posts: 456
    Whaaaaaaaaat? :(
  • aburnflagsaburnflags Zero counts as one Joined: Posts: 302
    Hmm, you decided this today? Like today, today. I see nothing strange about this...Sad to see you go, dibs on the cammy trophy (which I'll win anyway at the tournament) =P
    "Throw him three times."
  • WWDeityWWDeity Humble Huart Joined: Posts: 251
    I think Vince just needs to go to some more Majors, that'll make him happy.
    Or maybe a break would help out too.

Also, I destroyed everybody at Marvel 3 while I was at Comic Con.
    "Huart the Human"
    Man i wanted to go to Comi-con, did you go the 3 days?
    I'll buy your stick and make you play man. :(
    Man i wanted to go to Comi-con, did you go the 3 days?

Sadly,I only had enough money to go on Sunday.But I did get to meet X-23's voice actor (and a bunch of cool famous people) :D

560607_381679591855595_100000406728591_1242712_1448702134_n.jpg

Sorry about the crappy quality. My friend forgot his camera and his phone died pretty fast. So we had to use a Nintendo DS for all of our photos lol.
    "Huart the Human"
    Yeah you guys i'm done done. I'm going to move on but, my brother is going to stay so there some good news, you might not see me there on Thursdays :sad:.
    Yeah you guys i'm done done. I'm going to move on but, my brother is going to stay so there some good news, you might not see me there on Thursdays :sad:.

I think you just need to give fighting games a backseat if you wanna focus more on what you want to do with your life and come back whenever you feel like your ready. We'll miss your Ken shenanigans.
    "Huart the Human"
    No they have no room for the backseat chad going to through all my fighting game knowledge out for school knowledge. The Game Stop tournament was the last time I get to see you in person chad.
    Man, I am almost home. I am cracking that bottle of hard cider open when I get home. :(
    No they have no room for the backseat chad going to through all my fighting game knowledge out for school knowledge. The Game Stop tournament was the last time I get to see you in person chad.

Im sorry, but I just dont understand how you can't play videogames on the side.
    Like, that's what normal people do. They just play the games for fun on the side and occasionally meet up with friends to play together.

Hopefully this is just a cruel April fool's day joke :P
    "Huart the Human"
    That's cool chad, i wanted to see the Walking Dead cast...

Hey guys i talk w/ Vincent, the real reason why he is quitting is that he found a girlfriend...Dont fear guys, i dont think its going to last, she is just using him only for his body...I give 2 months at most...
  • Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    Lol no love for Drew and his chance at that Cammy trophy.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    Hopefully this is just a cruel April fool's day joke :P
    On that note ;) April fool's :party: there is no way I'm quitting my Fighting games, like them to much. I'll keep playing until I'm an old man that has arthritis and telling young kids to stay FREE :rofl:.
    On that note ;) April fool's :party: there is no way I'm quitting my Fighting games, like them to much. I'll keep playing until I'm an old man that has arthritis and telling young kids to stay FREE :rofl:.

Lies, hey guys, Vincent is such a mess...His girlfriend of 8 days just dumped him. She only wanted him for his body like i told Vincent but he didn't believe me...I will open up Mother Russia this Friday & lets all cheer Vincent up...
    I figured the quitting fighting games was an April Fool's joke, but what about the stick for sale?
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    Selling my stick was an April fools joke to. That is my only arcade stick I have. Rcaido stop spreading roomers like a high school girl.
    Selling my stick was an April fools joke to. That is my only arcade stick I have. Rcaido stop spreading roomers like a high school girl.

Its not a tumor...i mean rumor...I went your house last night, you were so heartbroken your tears were coming out of Kevin's eyes...Tears dont lie...'
  • Kryzak SulKryzak Sul Joined: Posts: 218
    Holy shit guys I did it. Gotta keep practicing so i can show this off.
  • XeroxHandsXeroxHands ♫*Ahhhh* girl look at that Dudley♫ Joined: Posts: 212
    Holy shit guys I did it. Gotta keep practicing so i can show this off.

I'm not actually going to type the joke out, but before anyone thinks they thought of it first- I just wanted to say: you didn't.
    XBL GT: My XeroxHands
    Add me if you want HD uploads of your match replays
    Tech Hit Tournament Series Staff
    eh?
    I'm adding to my arsenal of caped villains that I play. You better watch the fuck out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8-3-2004

• Ar3sAr3s XBL: Ari3s Joined: Posts: 187
    Yo this is Kyle.

Gonna be in Seattle this weekend for Sakura-Con so I'm gonna participate in their free tourneys. Watch me choke on stream =P

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    Saturday 4pm
    Xbox 360, Double Elimination

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (2012)
    Saturday 8pm

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sakuracon2012

Good luck to anyone going to the other tourney this weekend though.
    XBL - Ari3s / CFN - Ar3s701

SFV - Cammy
    UMvC3 - Hulk/Dormammu/Sentinel
    USF4 - Decapre/Cammy

http://www.twitch.tv/ar3s701
    sorry guys cant make it out today my dads b day.
    Yo this is Kyle.

Gonna be in Seattle this weekend for Sakura-Con so I'm gonna participate in their free tourneys. Watch me choke on stream =P

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
    Saturday 4pm

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (2012)
    Saturday 8pm

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/sakuracon2012

Good luck to anyone going to the other tourney this weekend though.

I HOPE to god that it turns out a lot better than Comic con's Vanilla MvC3 tourney. It was just a bunch of scrubs who got pissed when I picked pre-patch Sent. But good luck and stuff :)

Also this Saturday at TOS I cant wait to play UMvC3 on a stick with you guys, since I've been practicing a little.
    "Huart the Human"
    17859654.jpg
    "Huart the Human"
    This one's better

tumblr_m1wdj4uH1H1qbp4ido1_250.jpg
    Before this whole Tech-Hit tournament actually happened, I remember debating with Josh on here about the whole deal with The Other Side "replacing" Gabbi's and whatnot. That was before I couldn't do OCC anymore (lol), and I just didn't imagine that there would be any benefit to going all the way up to Lakewood to do something we did down here for free. I'd been to The Other Side before, and while I had fun, the environment was nothing at all like this Saturday. The whole thing really opened my eyes, and gave me a bit of a different perspective.

I'd like to put it out there: I think you were right, Josh. You know that I had my doubts earlier, but they're mostly gone now. Lakewood seems like a far ways off to people like me who don't drive or leave Olympia very often, but seeing that there are really really solid players only 20 minutes up the freeway was a breath of fresh air. We showed up a little late to the whole thing and I didn't get too many casuals in, but I really wanted to. I feel like once we've run this tournament a few times, the South Sound is going to wind up being one big scene. I love meeting new people, so naturally I'm stoked over the whole thing.

My life is booked pretty full most of the time, but if I can, I'd like to go up there and play when a tournament isn't running. That said, I can't really do it myself (I can't come home by myself, anyway), so if any of you guys wind up doing it, be sure to let me know. If I'm free, I'd love to tag along. I'll throw you some gas money, even. I still have yet to be sold on actually getting a membership to this place, but I do feel that if there are good people playing there, it's worth some kind of financial investment to go up and get better. With the way the owners of this place have worked with Josh, I feel like this place appreciates our business. We're a totally new kind of customer to them, and I think that once they get to fully know how our community works, they'll adapt some of their pricing to our unique needs. How they'd do this is anyone's guess, but I imagine it would come in the form of special pricing like once a week for fighting games or something. If we show them that we can put money into their business without the traditional subscription thing, I'm sure that something positive will materialize.

Mostly I just want to get better. I personally haven't put in the effort to go to places like Seattle, or even something like NCR. This place is much more reasonable than those two options. I know we all have fun at Gabbi's, and a lot of us have made huge improvements just from playing casually there, but I can see what Josh meant earlier, a lot of us have hit our ceiling of improvement from that place. It'll always be fun, I'd still go if I could, and I don't think anyone should stop until we're not welcome anymore. I just like this new environment that's free of distractions and concerns.
    8-3-2004

Good post Drew...

I had to leave & couldn't finish watching the end...Who won against you & Chad? Did you reretire?
    Chad mindfucked me and that was the end. Ironically, it wasn't even that Kazuya shit that got me...haha.

Our set was easily the most intense, though.
    8-3-2004

Put the tournament photos on the Olympia fight club face book, some of the photos are good some are bad but, like I care about them there photos.
    All of that EWGF training gone to waste on Saturday ;__;

Hopefully I'll get it down before the next TOS.
    Our set was easily the most intense, though.

Pure silence and no smiles lol
    "Huart the Human"
    i want to dual mod my TE-S 360 Stick, what would be the best option? Chimp or Kitty?
  • manoftheleafmanoftheleaf Tech Hit Tournament Series! Joined: Posts: 544
    i want to dual mod my TE-S 360 Stick, what would be the best option? Chimp or Kitty?

Kitty takes more time but is definitely worth it because you get a universal stick essentially. Chimp is a little more cumbersome, a little cheaper, and definitely worth it if you only want to dual mod it. Other things to consider is if you want it done quickly you could just buy a Madcatz WWE brawl pad and a DPDT switch and you could have it done in a day or so.
    No my tag is not a NARUTO reference! Its my last name translated from Hawaiian to English!