Olympia Fightclub!

Comments

• Grimm_DemizeGrimm_Demize AKA DrooMighty Joined: Posts: 1,790
    Just to pass it along, if anyone wants to come over to my house to play games, I'm hosting on SATURDAY this time instead of Friday. I haven't gotten to spend any time with my girlfriend in the last few weeks and Friday is our only mutually free day.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
  • XeroxHandsXeroxHands ♫*Ahhhh* girl look at that Dudley♫ Joined: Posts: 212
    I'm sure you all have sticks, but if you're in the market for another one, I see that the Madcatz SOUL Edition Fightstick can be picked up for $100 @ http://www.madcatz.com/soulcalibur/ if you apply the code 'SCV100' at checkout (takes off 59.99 from the total price).

I'm not a huge SC fan but this stick looks pretty cool, especially if you like the original TE design but are looking for something to stand out a little bit more. So if someone was in the market for a new toy, they might wanna jump on this.
    XBL GT: My XeroxHands
    Add me if you want HD uploads of your match replays
    Tech Hit Tournament Series Staff
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,438
    ugly stick art but price seems right
    ugly stick art but price seems right

Yeah the artwork is pretty lazy, but you do get a unique bezel and colored plastic on each side so you could easily incorporate your own red/blue art theme and have it look pretty badass.
  • manoftheleafmanoftheleaf Tech Hit Tournament Series! Joined: Posts: 544
    If someone buys one it, I will mod it! :D
    No my tag is not a NARUTO reference! Its my last name translated from Hawaiian to English!
  • patman777patman777 Yomi! Joined: Posts: 62
    hey guys I'm back can't wait to go to the OCC tonight. I've been Jonesin' to game for the last two weeks pretty bad. Later guys!
    Hey Ryan, you know what you should do?
    Skull girls yay or nay? Im thinking of picking it up, which system should i go for?
    Skull girls yay or nay? Im thinking of picking it up, which system should i go for?

I enjoy the game. So far its proven to be an honest game. It lacks some basic features like an in game move list and endless lobbies however, I find the online play to be very good. Even when I play with the twins and there crappy internet speeds. It doesn't matter what system. I bought it on PSN so maybe you should buy it on the 360? I believe it is well worth a purchase.
    No my tag is not a NARUTO reference! Its my last name translated from Hawaiian to English!
    We are going to plan a BBQ this weekend since the weather is nice. The place and time is still to be determined but I'll let everyone know whats up. So keep your calendar open guys.
    If someone buys one it, I will mod it! :D

I just bought one.
    8-3-2004

"Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A GOD DAMN MINUTE: You played a fuckload of Marvel tournaments. There is not a single fighting game that is blacker than Marvel. They could make Roots: The Fighting Game and have Kuntakente painting the fence on slave owners and it wouldn't be blacker than Marvel." - Pertho
    I wish we all had $450 to drop on this stick for Andrew.

db9cef2f.jpg
    8-3-2004

• Kryzak SulKryzak Sul Joined: Posts: 218
    Vince sorry, that is just too much lag, I cannot do combos at quarter speed.
  • AE8621AE8621 I Fight for Eliza Joined: Posts: 257
    It's all good I know there was a lot of lag but I still had fun.
    That stick is missing a pivotal piece of captain america art.

LiefeldCap-original.jpg
    That stick is missing a pivotal piece of captain america art.

Rob Liefeld is SUCH an idiot
    Im thinking of getting that SC stick, i just realize it has the Sega layout...What else would i need to get this dual mod Josh?

Also, you guys need to go watch The Raid, saw it last night at Regal Cinema in Lacey...Movie is just too hype! Just a warning for the guys who dont know how to read, its subtitled but you dont need to know when someone is getting their ass kick whatever language it is...

All you need is to pass it on to me and I'll get to work. :D

Let me clarify.

If you want it right away I'll have to do a switch mod which will required a little case modification.

If your willing to buy a CHIMP, or IMP v2 then you'll have to spend a bit more $$$ and wait for shipping but you won't need to rely on a switch and your case will be intact for resale.
    Wait so you can dual mod it, even without a chimp?
    I switch modded Jordan's TE (the one I sold him ;) ) just now so yes, you don't NEED a CHIMP, but you'll need to use a dual pull dual throw (DPDT) switch its it place to manage between the pcb's. It doesn't work with all pcbs because some take different voltages and heads, but because 360 and PS3 both use USB then it's possilbe without the use of resistors and adapters.
  • RisingChurchRisingChurch Bass Bass Wub Wub Wub Joined: Posts: 456
    Speaking of which I am going to try and pick that up on Wednesday since I get off at 4 that day.
    I switch modded Jordan's TE (the one I sold him ;) ) just now so yes, you don't NEED a CHIMP, but you'll need to use a dual pull dual throw (DPDT) switch its it place to manage between the pcb's. It doesn't work with all pcbs because some take different voltages and heads, but because 360 and PS3 both use USB then it's possilbe without the use of resistors and adapters.

Can you do this for my TE-S stick? If you can then probably dont need the SC stick then...
    ^ I don't see why not the pcb's are pretty much the same.
    Double's Catellite Lives super should be called Purroboros, pass it on.
    Hey Josh, i couldn't get Skull Girls to work, i guess you can only download it 2x....Thanks though, ill just use my PSN card that i have...
    Yeah, it told me that I'd have to buy it again.
    Argh! Them blinge rat Mao brothers beat you to that booty! I say we Keerhaul there hides and use their tounges to shine our boots!
    Saw 'The Raid' last night in Lacey. I can confirm that it was indeed awesome. Starts a little slow with mostly lame gunfighting, but picks up the pace midway through with some awesome fight scenes.

Reminded me a lot of that fight scene in Oldboy where it's filmed like a side-scrolling video game.

Legit.
    Hey Josh, if i order that SCV stick for the PS3 what are my options to dual mod that?
    If you get a PS3 stick then its the switch mod or a very expensive MC Cthulu mod.
    So which stick version do you recommend to get?
    From a modding stand point Xbox 360 is the best only because it has a security chip that is hard to bypass.

can we get it Dad, please please please?
  • WWDeityWWDeity Humble Huart Joined: Posts: 251

can we get it Dad, please please please?

....no. no. no. no.
    "Huart the Human"
    KAME
    KAMEEEEEE
    KAMMMEEEEHAAAAAAAAMEEHAAA!
  • aburnflagsaburnflags Zero counts as one Joined: Posts: 302
    I know I've shown you all this before, I've probably even posted it on this forum before but damnit I like it and imma post it again.

In other news we may have a new face this Thursday just a meet and greet this week but if he comes back the week after we give him the gauntlet!
    "Throw him three times."
    So pretty much the whole week i was trying to get Skullgirls & then just yesterday, i was about to get my PSN card but i was too lazy to find it...Instead i decided to play HDR. Haven't played that game in about a year...I was really rusty at first but started to find the groove again...Seem the level of competition on PSN has gotten a lot better...So im dropping every game except for ST/HDR again...I'll only play KOF & STxT during Mother Russia days...Everything else does not exist...
  • patman777patman777 Yomi! Joined: Posts: 62
    I'm thinking someone should bring third strike to OCC this Thursday. I want to see how you guyse play Q, Oro, and Sean and see some people pulling off some crazy parries.
    Hey Ryan, you know what you should do?
    Jordan's gonna be in Oregon tomorrow and since I wouldn't have a ride back neither of us are gonna be there, have fun with the new guy.
    I'm thinking someone should bring third strike to OCC this Thursday. I want to see how you guyse play Q, Oro, and Sean and see some people pulling off some crazy parries.

I'm really mad I can't go, now. I'm always down for some 3S.
    8-3-2004