Tekken 6 Q+A and Basic Console Faq

JarekovJarekov Thou Art A BearJoined: Posts: 1,995
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get the Black Ki Aura/Custom Rage Colors
To get the rage colors you need to first play Tekken Roulette, then you need to spin the last slot to lucky. This will bring up super roulette, from there you need to spin so that 3 treasure chests are straight across or diagonal. The Black Ki is still unfound as of right now, but it is most likely in SC mode somewhere.

How do I beat Nancy ( that big ass robot in arcade )
Im not going to explain because i think a video will do much better.

This is with Devil Jin which is easy mode

this is what to follow if your anyone else

What is the best way to make money
Scenario mode. You make at least 100k a mission and if your using a character you don't intend on customizing you can sell the gear you pick up in item drops. Also putting on gear that increases item drops and increases item value really makes this rake in a ton of extra cash.

How do i beat the nightmare train level in scenario mode
I would recommend you stock Alisa and your character with all S or A grade Items. I recommend these skills, Health, Electricity, Fire, Ice, and Attack Up. I handle this mission by taking out the enemies as fast as possible ( thats why these skills help ) you want to stay by Alisa and try to be in the middle of the train, high damage attacks and attacks that knock down on normal hit are recommended. Weather the storm of annoying gargoyles and when Devil Jin shows up take the Gatling gun and blow him off the train.

Video representation for those visual learners

I just made a new character and need good items without getting raped on a level where do i go?
Roger Jr.s stage is perfect for you, even on hard its easy.

How Do I install the data to shorten load times
Go to game options, then additional options and vioula.

Is my character Tournament Viable
Tekken 6 sees almost every character represented in tournament wins and standings, so most likely yes. That being said you might have to be the best player on the planet to make shit work with Zafina.

How do I rank higher than 1st Dan?
Play ranked matches online.

What are the profile ranks?
Beginner
9th-1st Kyu
1st-4th Dan
Mentor
Master
Rogue
Brawler
Marauder
Berserker
Warrior
Avenger
Vindicator
Juggernaut
Vanquisher
Destoryer
Conqueror
Saviro
Champion
Overlord
Sage
Legend
Fujin
Raijin
Yaksa
Raksasa
Asura
Dragon Lord
Tekken Lord
Tekken Emperor
Tekken God

Can Player 2 have customizable outfits?
Unfortunately no

Feel free to ask questions and i will try and answer them and add them to the faq.

Comments

• JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    How excatly do you break throws?
    Watch which hand comes first and then input...
    Left hand forward = 1
    Right hand forward = 2
    Both hands about the same = 1+2

I keep getting my ass kicked how do i improve?
    watch these, if your still failing pm me :)
    (part 1 of 5)
    (part 2 of 5)
    (part 3 of 5)
    (part 4 of 5)
    (part 5 of 5)

Why cant I rank past 1st dan in ghost mode or arcade?
    to get past 1st dan you need to play online and rank up that way.

How do I use my characters weapons ( Bat Gatling Gun Sledge Hammer)
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken6/system_special.php
    And once again for you visual learners

How do I take Photos in Game
    hit the PS button and go to photos, you should see an option their.

What's different between the PS3/360 versions to the PSP version?

- Gold Rush Mode:
    30 second rounds, deal damage to the opponent to earn money, take damage to lose.

- No rank limit in ghost mode

- No Team Battle

- No Replays
    @kaori

ty kind sir
  • VictormaruVictormaru Legendary Sannin Joined: Posts: 734
    There's no way to do that as of now, man. I even tried it using my memory unit on another friend's 360 to see if my friend can use his custom characters from his hard drive and I could load up my custom characters from my memory unit at the same time. I figured it would have worked since that's how Tekken 5 was with two memory cards. I don't know if Namco will ever attempt to fix this in the future.
    "Please don't disappoint me." - Orochimaru
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    in to give props on a very resourceful thread :tup:
    in to give props on a very resourceful thread :tup:

why thank you sir, im trying my best to keep finding stuff to keep updated
    What does the 'Bloodline Rebellion' refer to?

Is it mostly in respect to Lars?

yah yah I just shot an attempt to answer my own question, but notice the doubt :lol:
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    Jin's all like, "Do you love it?"
    And Lar is like, "..."

Then Jin goes and kills Azeal which is suppose to kill him as well and the Mishima Bloodline + Devil gene with him. But of course, when Raven said that he's always right, what he actually meant to say was that he's always wrong.

or something like that, shrug. I got a cow boy hat
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
    What does the 'Bloodline Rebellion' refer to?

Is it mostly in respect to Lars?

yah yah I just shot an attempt to answer my own question, but notice the doubt :lol:

storyline stuff i'll have to investigate into.... im an awful FAQ maker :(

if i could venture a guess it would be in reference to the mishima bloodline and the devil gene. I really dont know though because tekkens storyline has always been so convoluted and strange.
  • XLCowBoyXLCowBoy Join Date: June 1991 Joined: Posts: 599
    Bloodline Rebellion...

Lars = Mishima blood... who started a rebellion against Jin...

It's really very literal and little imagination involved.
    If Tekken had a character that was a ball-sack, and it was playable, I'm pretty sure people would own with it. -FlyMike
    4r5 is drunk...

...and I feared what I thought was correct has been iterated by XL. :sad:

Tekken storyline is pretty funny actually. Just finished reading up on the details of the 1st Tekken.

If you're trying to give birth to a healthy baby and want to be REALLY sure that they are healthy, just throw them into a ravine at around age 5 or so...and if they can manage to crawl back up: :tup:

Also, if one of your parents happens to get murdered (God forbid), and you and your sibling(s) are both trained in killing arts, just assume it was them.

how about them combos? T6 combos are sick...
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    None of you all beat scenario mode?
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
    None of you all beat scenario mode?

what do you mean?
    I haven't beaten Scenario Mode entirely, but only a few of the stages here and there. It is 100% completed already, but not by me =P

I have seen the ending where Jin defeats Azazel and has the Devil Gene 'sapped' from his body.

You refer to Lars' ending though...again, which I have not seen.

but there is always YouTube =)
  • VictormaruVictormaru Legendary Sannin Joined: Posts: 734
    Lars defeats Jin in the final battle. Jin explains how he started the whole Mishima war in order for Azazel to materialize and so that he could destroy Azazel and save the world (turns out Jin was good after all, I guess). Azazel randomly pops out of the ground, Jin runs and Falcon Punches him back inside the whole where he came from and all you see is explosions, possibly indicating the death of both Jin and Azazel. Alisa is brought back to Dr. Boskonovitch's lab, Lee tells Lars that she's going to be okay, then Lars hops into his Escalade and drives away. That's the final CGI.

Watch, in Tekken 7, Lars and Alisa are going to have a child that's half-Mishima and half-robot. If Alisa had died completely, we might've been able to see Devil Lars in the next installment which would have been sick. Just think about it.
    "Please don't disappoint me." - Orochimaru
    can we get this stickied?
    You have to get the Mods' attention first by doing something sexy like:
    sending a PM.

I do that kinda stuff all the time...sending PMs I mean. no homo
    You have to get the Mods' attention first by doing something sexy like:

I do that kinda stuff all the time...sending PMs I mean. no homo

ahh:sweat:
  • KaoriManabeKaoriManabe norcal Joined: Posts: 1,034
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7924076&postcount=46

more bold text for you.
    got the same question twice by the way.

Left hand forward = 1
    Right hand forward = 2
    swag bitch take a picture real hood nigga swagged up to the maximum 10 on my dick with that bitch on my dick
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7924076&postcount=46

more bold text for you.
    got the same question twice by the way.

Left hand forward = 1
    Right hand forward = 2

thanks man, yeah work in progress, ive been super busy trying to find a decent stick for my ps3.... im tired of getting my ass kicked in BB on this dumb ass pad.
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,916 mod
    actually the absolute best way to get gold is to play the mokujin stage and equip both of your characters with max item drop rate and max fight money increase. in case you dont know how to get the moku stage unlocked you have to beat hte leo stage on hard. I average 3 million gold everytime I play moku stage... doesn't get easier than that.
    shut up TGS
  • BunzBunz ☱☰☴☲☯☵☶☷☳ Joined: Posts: 1,495
    Here's a general console question.

I'm looking to buy a copy of Tekken 6 for PSP, but don't know if it will play on my CFW 4.01 M33-2 PSP. Can anyone confirm or deny that a Tekken 6 UMD will play on my CFW?

EDIT: Somehow, I always find answers on my own AFTER I ask. Anyway, Tekken 6 UMD can not run on anything other than 6.0 firmware and above.

Might as well OFW my PSP.

I'm looking to buy a copy of Tekken 6 for PSP, but don't know if it will play on my CFW 4.01 M33-2 PSP. Can anyone confirm or deny that a Tekken 6 UMD will play on my CFW?

EDIT: Somehow, I always find answers on my own AFTER I ask. Anyway, Tekken 6 UMD can not run on anything other than 6.0 firmware and above.

yeah they havent cracked shit above 5.03 and its looking like they never will.
  • KaoriManabeKaoriManabe norcal Joined: Posts: 1,034
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=217741 this thread

- Gold Rush Mode:
    30 second rounds, deal damage to the opponent to earn money, take damage to lose.

- No Team Battle

- No Replays

Rest is pretty much the same thing, enjoy Tekken portable.
    swag bitch take a picture real hood nigga swagged up to the maximum 10 on my dick with that bitch on my dick
  • Dredhead117Dredhead117 "Satsui no Negro" Joined: Posts: 124

I had the same problem on release day. Couple days down the road however, a working ISO popped up. Game runs fine on my PSP.
    I write about stuff sometimes. http://hubpages.com/profile/dredhead117
    I had the same problem on release day. Couple days down the road however, a working ISO popped up. Game runs fine on my PSP.

what model psp and what cfw?
  • Atomic MothAtomic Moth NOPD will be called Joined: Posts: 406
    Is there a way to change the resolution in game? My PS3 is set for my shitty little TV, but T6 still has black bars on top and bottom and small text. Any idea?
  • TriplejjjTriplejjj Joined: Posts: 260
    If you are playing on a standard definition tv there is no way to escape those black bars. SDtv is naturally 480i, T6 is 720p native resolution, so that would happen. Namco should at least have taken a similar route to Capcom with SF4, since there are no black bars with sf. Someone more tech savvy than myself would be better able to explain why black bars are present with some hd games and not in others.
    Fighting game enthusiast
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=217741 this thread

- Gold Rush Mode:

- No Team Battle

- No Replays

Rest is pretty much the same thing, enjoy Tekken portable.

Seriously, why the no replays? Very odd thing to do and takes away a big part of the game.
  • rinoHrinoH Spin them wheels Joined: Posts: 299
    probably too much memory or somethin like that
    what do you guys feel is the easiest character to pick up?

itd be nice to point people towards an easy character to get proficient with.

my vote is bob.
  • *NAKM**NAKM* Street Fighter newb! Joined: Posts: 40

my vote is bob.

Meh, not really. Bob's juggles require crucial timing and spacing to pull off consistantly. Plus a lot of his mix-up strings have high hits that are duckable and hop-kick punishable.

For the most part Lili would be the most beginner friendly character. She has super easy 60+ damage staple juggles. A 10 frame wall splat that's relatively safe on block and decent frame traps for good mix-ups along with decent lows to break turtles' shells. Overall she's an above average character that's simple to use as far as input and all that jazz. Only problem I can point is that she's rather slow and linear making her side-steppable like no other. But on the other hand her electric side-step is the best in the game.

Feng Wei also comes into mind for the same reasons as Lili. Although he's not slow like her so he can somewhat pitbull his opponent if you know what you're doing. Plus B+1+2 stuffs the shit out of almost any whiff and it covers some pretty good range. Very unsafe on block though.
    Meh, not really. Bob's juggles require crucial timing and spacing to pull off consistantly. Plus a lot of his mix-up strings have high hits that are duckable and hop-kick punishable.

For the most part Lili would be the most beginner friendly character. She has super easy 60+ damage staple juggles. A 10 frame wall splat that's relatively safe on block and decent frame traps for good mix-ups along with decent lows to break turtles' shells. Overall she's an above average character that's simple to use as far as input and all that jazz. Only problem I can point is that she's rather slow and linear making her side-steppable like no other. But on the other hand her electric side-step is the best in the game.

Feng Wei also comes into mind for the same reasons as Lili. Although he's not slow like her so he can somewhat pitbull his opponent if you know what you're doing. Plus B+1+2 stuffs the shit out of almost any whiff and it covers some pretty good range. Very unsafe on block though.

feng almost seems good but most of his juggles over 60 dmg are either hard to do or harder to set up right. Fengs non juggleyness is kinda gay, then again you get alot better at spacing and countering with him.

Ive only dicked around for a bit with lili... she seems like a good one.
  • jinxmitchelljinxmitchell Born again n00b Joined: Posts: 1,431
    So just to confirm before I spend the money on a second copy (I already have it for PS3): This translates well to PSP?

my vote is bob.

No man. Believe me. Not at all. I wish he was as easy to pick up as lili, I really do. I love his moveset, but you're always constantly thinking.

After 6 hours of playing Bob against tourney players, your brain will be so drained it's not even funny. Whereas with someone like Lili, her move properties are so forgiving, you can take a few hits, toss a few back, and then throw out a launcher (of which she has MANY) for an easy as pie wall carry juggle.
    If Tekken had a character that was a ball-sack, and it was playable, I'm pretty sure people would own with it. -FlyMike
    No man. Believe me. Not at all. I wish he was as easy to pick up as lili, I really do. I love his moveset, but you're always constantly thinking.

After 6 hours of playing Bob against tourney players, your brain will be so drained it's not even funny. Whereas with someone like Lili, her move properties are so forgiving, you can take a few hits, toss a few back, and then throw out a launcher (of which she has MANY) for an easy as pie wall carry juggle.

this actually sounds pretty good, ive been playing as feng since it dropped on consoles and im looking to pick up a more technical character that isnt devil jin.
    this actually sounds pretty good, ive been playing as feng since it dropped on consoles and im looking to pick up a more technical character that isnt devil jin.

Bob will remind you of a Mishima initially... until you realize that he's not dependent on his cd moves.
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    ...hello.
    I didn't want to post this anywhere else for fear of getting negged..
    What are the applications of mishima "wavedashing"? Seems to me it would just bridge space gaps while air-comboing and comboing in general.

Also, what are the general changes btw Tekken 5 and Six on the fighting engine? I heard there was some sort of "universal pop up move" but I really don't see it.. And did anyone get any new moves?
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
    ...hello.
    I didn't want to post this anywhere else for fear of getting negged..
    What are the applications of mishima "wavedashing"? Seems to me it would just bridge space gaps while air-comboing and comboing in general.

Also, what are the general changes btw Tekken 5 and Six on the fighting engine? I heard there was some sort of "universal pop up move" but I really don't see it.. And did anyone get any new moves?

well thank you for posting here.

wavedashing is a good way to get into someones grill quickly while limiting there options. Example: Kazuya is jockeying for position with jin, theyre sidestepping and back dashing back and forth. Kazuya sees an opening to WaveDash in, with wavedashing Kaz has a 13f launcher at his disposal and he ducks high's during the animation of the WD. this limits jin to trying to time out a jab perfectly, or go for a high crush, the problem with that is while WD'ing kaz also has his hell sweep which whill beat both a high crush or jab.

The big change from 5.0 to 6.0 is the bound system, its basically a way of prolonging combos and adding damage to combos. There are also changes to combo damage scaling i would suggest going to Iamtekken.com for more info on that.

And everyone got new moves from 5.0 to 6.0 if you tell me your character im sure i could tell you his/hers best new moves or most useful.
  • zlejedizlejedi Joined: Posts: 57
    What button configuration does tekken 6 arcade cabinet have?

What do you set on arcade stick ?

Default is IIRC
  • remonsterremonster Joined: Posts: 553
    ^No, it's...

LP RP
    LK RK

Arcade sticks default to the same. I don't know of anyone who sets the 3rd "trigger" buttons, but I've never asked either.
  • SileightySileighty so s-rank Joined: Posts: 444
    So I started playing tekken this week and I can't seem to get Lar's iSW down. I've only been able to do it successfully one time. Would you have any tips that can help me out? The only thing I've been doing is buffering the 4 after fb21.

The combo I'm using is f1+2, db2, db21, fb21, B!, iSW
    Super | C.Viper : Cammy
    3rd Strike | Ibuki : Ryu
    Bloodline Rebellion | Lars
  • bboysanstormbboysanstorm Phong Cách Cọp Joined: Posts: 3,197
    is there any sort of trick when executing moves during side step? it seems so simple, but i cannot execute moves that are during side step execution.
    SangerBanger 4D... xbl: sangief17
    www.youtube.com/Team4thDimension
  • AOS-AOS- C Joined: Posts: 3,269
    I was done with Tekken after I got bored of the tekken 5, so I never got Tekken 6.

Has anyone been able to fully do Jack's Wind up Punch?
    PSN/Steam: AOS- [Gouken, Ryu]
    Wii U (SSB4): Okrapaeli [Mario, Link]
    So I started playing tekken this week and I can't seem to get Lar's iSW down. I've only been able to do it successfully one time. Would you have any tips that can help me out? The only thing I've been doing is buffering the 4 after fb21.

The combo I'm using is f1+2, db2, db21, fb21, B!, iSW

sorry so late to reply im never on here....

all you gotta do is buffer a f. during end of fb21 so as you hit one or right after hit f. and then f. f. as they hit up.... sometimes doing f. f. and hitting the 3+4 at the same time as the last f. or whatever it is works other times i just do f. F. and then 3+4... try both see which works.

@boy just keep practicing it, remember to let your stick go to neutral after you hit up or down.
  • zer0kagezer0kage The Black Knight Joined: Posts: 119
    How do you guys figure out your opponent's habits? In 2d you have lots of tools to prod your opponent safely like the fireball and fast normals which are hard to react punish to?

In Tekken I seem to be alright for spacing, frame/whiff punishes and knowing what to do when I got a good read especially when I know the character I'm dealing against. However, if anything I do feel the way to step up for me is to learn to break my opponent down which I have yet to grasp in Tekken unless it's someone below average in the game.

I do feel looking at movement is one way to figure stuff out..
    我は空、我は鋼、我は刃!!
  • debsdebs lowering property value Joined: Posts: 5,020
    honestly it feels like i have to learn 40 different matchups in order to truly be able to breakdown opponents. i always learn something new from matches.

spacing is definitely an issue as is having a decent ground game. if your ground game and wall game are weak, both offensively and defensively, its over. frames are an issue too. i dunno, tekken seems pretty advanced in comparison to sf.

i'm kinda having a tough time myself on figuring out opponents habits...or rather punishing what i see coming. its probably character dependent but it sucks trying to punish and the punisher gets stuffed. a lot of stuff with alisa gets out prioritized. i hate that shit.

its like the tools are there but you have to know when to use them and when to turtle, back dash, etc. etc.

its kinda frustrating but its worth sticking with the character and game.
  • iori666iori666 Joined: Posts: 95
    You really have to study frames or it will be hard to counter inexperienced characters.
    somebody knows how to unblock Mokujin, Devil jin, Yoshimitsu and Roger Jr in the Scenario mode??
  • ministry77ministry77 Joined: Posts: 238
    Hey all any tutorials or articles on footsies in Tekken?

Thanks
  • NeorussellNeorussell Annoy mode ON Joined: Posts: 1,105
    Tekken 6: Staple Bound Combos
    Don't overthink the combos you do after a bound. Just keep it simple.

NeoRussell
    Whoever created Megaman's Taunt, I salute you.
    www.torontotoptiers.com