Hori Real Arcade PRO V3 "SA" Thread - (Available Now! Check OP!)

Comments

• NotANoob81NotANoob81 Shinkiro Crackhead Eyes Joined: Posts: 907
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002YT9PSI/
    appearently top plate is non-removeable.
    so not so good when u wanna change artwork.

playasia got it for $200 i believe.

and whats up with start button layout!!!

I could care less about putting any kind of art on my stick, but I'm pretty sure the top panel is removable. Yeah, It doesn't have exposed bolts on the top of the panel, but I bet it does have studs and bolts holding it in place.
    Rocking a CRT display until something better comes along.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    I could care less about putting any kind of art on my stick, but I'm pretty sure the top panel is removable. Yeah, It doesn't have exposed bolts on the top of the panel, but I bet it does have studs and bolts holding it in place.

i'm with you on that one and also waiting for this as well.
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I'm trying to find out if it will be sold in the US and when.

I'm definitely waiting for a US release. I'm just sick and tired of crazy international shipping charges for anything over 5 lbs on top of the vendor surcharges. It's just gotten silly. If you want reasonable shipping you have to wait months for it to arrive otherwise you pay ridiculous money for 7-10 day delivery.

I'm hoping another color option becomes available, too. I'm kind of sick of black-colored controllers (painted most of my customized T5's for this reason) and would like to see more off-white controllers.

The V-SA prototype most of us saw was off-white. Why did Hori change the color for the production version???
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    what's wrong with off white? that shit looks cleannn!
  • tktctymtktctym Joined: Posts: 7
    pre order available on play asia for 150$

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-fr-70-3nvh.html
  • vega123vega123 Joined: Posts: 81
    Great find. Based on that we should be able to get it in America by the end of the year, too bad that when you add the shipping charges the total price stacks up to around $200, but I guess it is always like that with pay-asia. Good thing the stick is available though.
  • NDRWPNDYNDRWPNDY ALLCAPS Joined: Posts: 707
    I'm definitely waiting for a US release. I'm just sick and tired of crazy international shipping charges for anything over 5 lbs on top of the vendor surcharges. It's just gotten silly. If you want reasonable shipping you have to wait months for it to arrive otherwise you pay ridiculous money for 7-10 day delivery.

Ha. It's worse up North. Canadians have to pay those 'crazy international shipping charges' for shit that comes from the States even.
  • woopowwoopow Joined: Posts: 20
    I really wish they would stop putting turbo features in these sticks. It would look much nicer and cleaner without them.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
    http://www.hori.jp/products/ps3/controller/realarc_prov3_sa/

Wow, whoever said it doesn't have controller cable storage was wrong. This thing has everything. Nice new pics and everything.
  • MarkManMarkMan BRAND & COMMUNITY ADVISOR FOR TEKKEN | EVO BIZ DEV | ? ? ? Joined: Posts: 5,164 mod
  • kte03kte03 The Hundreds Joined: Posts: 1,013
    Is that beauty as heavy/heavier than the TE? MarkMan, you da man :lovin:
    My avatar is really Dudley in disguise.
    It is lighter than the TE, by almost 2 lbs.

Has a 3m cable too (about 9 feet).
  • ExtraDasExtraDas Now with more Extra! Joined: Posts: 443
    It is lighter than the TE, by almost 2 lbs.

Has a 3m cable too (about 9 feet).

So the case is the light plastic from the cheepo(ish) HORI sticks?
    Thats a slight disappointment. I was hoping for a heavy stick. 3kg+ would have been nice for a stick this size although it might make it less shleppable.

I like the shape and size...guess I'll try to find specs and rebuild it myself out of MDF....that way I get to move that silly start button to a proper place as well.
    Been itching to build another one.

Thanks for the info MarkMan. You indeed are the man :P

FYI guys, I'm hearing from the big H that these things are going to be very limited. They are NOT replacing the current HRAP line, so if you want one, preorder one now. Or wait like everyone else will have to.

*preorders 2 more*
  • bryan1975bryan1975 Joined: Posts: 20
    Ah crap... why??? I just bought my 2nd stick (HRAP EX-SE)...
    I wouldn't worry too much.

If the V3-SA is popular enough, it WILL be redone in a regular Sanwa-less pushbutton version (different color) and/or it'll get released in the EXACT same SA edition just about a year from now in the US!

A bunch of people didn't believe the last HRAP SA stick would get an American release but it did...

Anyway, Hori probably researched this stick release enough to see what design could float and I doubt they'll abandon the new design after one production run unless it's a complete sales disaster.

Still keeping my fingers crossed because of the economy, though...
    Yea, I agree.

I think though, in usual Hori fashion, the initial run will be small.
  • xOrangexOrange Big Bad Bandit Joined: Posts: 8
    The white one is hot! *_*

And extended top plate as handles? lol
  • FunkyFFunkyF Still Scrubby Joined: Posts: 302
    Wow, these look nice.
    [Insert witty signature]
  • Perfect LegendPerfect Legend Messatsu Joined: Posts: 632
    What about the super duper long stick no homo that you can totally open up the entire case with ease.
    Hey guys I am new to this game. Who is the #1 character?
  • hakdizzlehakdizzle FingerCramp.com Joined: Posts: 969
    Hey guys I really want one but play asias pre-orders are done I found some on amazon but I need help navigating.

Hey Markman If you pre ordered more than you wanted You mind if I take one off your hand. Lol Im pretty sure you got more than one.
    FINGERCRAMP.COM IS HERE!!!!

We love games.....
  • werepigwerepig Joined: Posts: 1,215
    so what keeps the top plate on? screws under the graphic?
    so what keeps the top plate on? screws under the graphic?

Well Im thinking its like a ex2 (screws under graphics) but I have also seen pics of the vewlix stick where the top folds out like a arcade cabinet. I hope its the seconds one either way I likes it.

We love games.....
  • kudokudo Joined: Posts: 57
    It seem elegant. I like it. xbox360 one isn't black?
  • mdsfxmdsfx Joined: Posts: 1,975
    It seem elegant. I like it. xbox360 one isn't black?

It's white...ish
    OBEY THE JAM
  • pumpkingpumpking Joined: Posts: 36
    i dont know about hrapv sa but i like the viewlex one alot after i have seen how it opens does it have a place to put the cable like hrapv sa
    and most importently i had seen from srk videos of the te where they tried different buttons and sticks. So do you guys think the viewlex will accept korean and happ/il parts
  • GLockNYneGLockNYne G-Lock Joined: Posts: 121
    I need some $$$
  • protomanSTiprotomanSTi aka paikman Joined: Posts: 1,618
    I need some $$$

play asias done with pre orders anyways
  • HalvieHalvie Joined: Posts: 801
    Got a shipping notice from Play Asia last night. Shipped today via FedEx, and it says it should arrive tomorrow. Would be nice if it actually shows up before Christmas.
  • Itachimaster666Itachimaster666 Metallica!!\m/ >__> Joined: Posts: 222
    omg this looks nice and smexy x3
    how much is this stick worth?
    and is it only for the Xbox360?
    Hinata Is My Wife Shes Mine >.<
  • mR_CaESaRmR_CaESaR Joined: Posts: 729
    Play asia only have the PS3 on pre-order for now, actually there's no more pre-orders i don't think.
    hey whoever missed out you can get it from

http://www.yesasia.com/us/real-arcade-pro-v3-sa-japan-version/1021646254-0-0-0-en/info.html

its 220 shipped to the us. I ordered mine.

We love games.....
    I knew it was gonna sell out fast on PA :x
  • ComradeTaoComradeTao Rock It! Joined: Posts: 1,278
    I might have paid 150, but 220 is out of the question for a non-stick-collector like me lol.

It's killer looking though.
    With God, all things are possible.

The words "Hype", "Community", "Salty", and "Troll" have lost meaning due to overuse.
    ... and 220 is precisely the reason why I'm waiting for a US launch! That's only $80 less than a new 120GB PS3 now. ( ==> And I still want a ceramic white PS3, darn it!)

I paid too much for a few sticks this past year. Okay, maybe the long-gone HRAP 3 SE wasn't TOO bad for $220(!) but I'm convinced Hori's going to re-release this new "V" design in the US anyway. Probably both a regular V non-SA edition and an American re-release of the V-SA.

It'll be the same stick. I don't know why people think the American distributed versions are inferior to the Japanese first-run sticks they pay the extra cash for. Same sticks, same parts, same factory of origin IN CHINA, just different stickers on the baseplate.

It would be nice to see a variant Hori RAP V molded in white plastic like the prototype, though. I was kind of wondering why they changed the color for the production version. Maybe the white V is going to be an Amazon-Japan exclusive (again)?

For the lucky people (with money leftover) who ARE buying the V-SA now please post comments and pictures (if you can) of the stick. I'd like to know if the top faceplate opens from the bottom or flips up like the Viewlix prototype. That's the big mod and servicing concern for a lot of people. At least with the older HRAP design you could retrofit the non-SA/-SE sticks with cap socket screws to open from the top. Having to change everything from the bottom faceplate upward is a pain-in-the-neck.
  • mumumumu Joined: Posts: 132
    It's back in stock! Still at $149.90 like it was.
    Ordered another one for a friend! It'll be a little late for Christmas, but eh, I don't mind! <3
  • Shin_KazShin_Kaz Joined: Posts: 208
    I'd get one if it was 360 :\

anyways I hope the 360 version gets released too and with the same features as the PS3 one (Left Analog/Right Analog/Dpad switch etc which isn't on the HRAP EX), meaning they need to redesign the pcb (and please, make it CG this time godammit :'( )

the viewlix one looks awesome too, I might actually get that and the HRAP V-SA and sell my triple pcb modded HRAP EXv1
  • mdsfxmdsfx Joined: Posts: 1,975
    I hope the 360 version gets released too and with the same features as the PS3 one

Yes, and lets hope they don't throw a 3-inch-high headset jack in the middle of the damn control panel! Yeesh... what were they thinking when they did that?
    OBEY THE JAM
  • SmoZzLeRSmoZzLeR LIGHTNING Joined: Posts: 269
    It's back in stock! Still at $149.90 like it was.

Thanks man. Just bought one.

Man I'm excited to get my hands on this.