Hori Real Arcade PRO V3 "SA" Thread - (Available Now! Check OP!)

Comments

• AnnihilatorAnnihilator Joined: Posts: 20
    Man, has anyone ever even done LED buttons on this thing? I can't find a tutorial, nor anything on Youtube really. Is it important to have a tutorial especially for this stick, or is the procedure the same for TE sticks and this one? According to the first post, this stick uses Sanwa OBSF-30-W snap in buttons. I would like to have these to be transparent with the coverart in the cap, and lit up on push with LEDs.
    Could somebody take me by the hand and tell me where I need to start, what I need, or is there a place to look it up and have exact instructions? I don't want to destroy my stick by just fumbling around.
    I would have asked somebody who has already done this, but I can't find anyone.
  • tROYISMtROYISM not just an alias. Joined: Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Found it here, on a different part of the forum. Now to get to work, my v3 shall be here tomorrow :D
    GOOD FIND :D

I will be modding mine soon
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850
    Man, has anyone ever even done LED buttons on this thing? I can't find a tutorial, nor anything on Youtube really. Is it important to have a tutorial especially for this stick, or is the procedure the same for TE sticks and this one? According to the first post, this stick uses Sanwa OBSF-30-W snap in buttons. I would like to have these to be transparent with the coverart in the cap, and lit up on push with LEDs.
    Could somebody take me by the hand and tell me where I need to start, what I need, or is there a place to look it up and have exact instructions? I don't want to destroy my stick by just fumbling around.
    I would have asked somebody who has already done this, but I can't find anyone.

People aren't responding because the answers are in a tutorial linked from http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/info-thread-read-before-posting-no-buying-selling-in-tt.81882/ ....

You could have read that yourself before asking the question. Sorry to say this, but long-time posters and mods are getting tired of people asking questions to things that were resolved months and years ago. They're beginning to ignore newbies altogether half the time.

If people would just read the FAQs and suggestions the Mods have put up before the new threads...! Well gosh, what I linked you to would probably answer 95% of your questions without even using a Search Engine.

Answer about an LED mod with Sanwas.... Don't bother. Sanwa doesn't make transparent buttons that could be used with LED's. Solids-only. Seimitsu has at least two lines of transparent buttons and so does Rollie Electronics. Rollie's pushbuttons are cheaper than Seimitsu's. Same basic quality, too.
  • tROYISMtROYISM not just an alias. Joined: Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    People aren't responding because the answers are in a tutorial linked from http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/info-thread-read-before-posting-no-buying-selling-in-tt.81882/ ....

You could have read that yourself before asking the question. Sorry to say this, but long-time posters and mods are getting tired of people asking questions to things that were resolved months and years ago. They're beginning to ignore newbies altogether half the time.

If people would just read the FAQs and suggestions the Mods have put up before the new threads...! Well gosh, what I linked you to would probably answer 95% of your questions without even using a Search Engine.

Answer about an LED mod with Sanwas.... Don't bother. Sanwa doesn't make transparent buttons that could be used with LED's. Solids-only. Seimitsu has at least two lines of transparent buttons and so does Rollie Electronics. Rollie's pushbuttons are cheaper than Seimitsu's. Same basic quality, too.

I agree with what you're saying until the very end. Seimitsu buttons are definitely higher quality than rookie. Sanwa and seimitsu are the coke vs. Pepsi of Japan and rollie is like RC cola(good, but not quite as good as the other 2).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  • AnnihilatorAnnihilator Joined: Posts: 20
    Sorry, but how I said, I really tried to find a tutorial before asking. And I wasn't sure if I needed an explanation especially for this stick, or if they are similar and another one will do. I asked again here because I didn't want to buy stuff and then screw up my stick before being clear on if its the right thing.

And I found that one tutorial a while ago too, but thought I need one for my stick. Also I was confused because it didn't use fgwidget or the cthulhu board in the tutorial, which I thought was needed as a LED controller.

Is fgwidget still the thing to go with for LED mods?
  • moltarmoltar Joined: Posts: 1
    [EDIT: Well shit I just got it to work. I had no idea what the little switch next to the select button did. Analog stick modes. Now I know!]

Hi,

I'm having major problems trying to get windows to recognize this stick. Do you guys have an IRC channel somewhere where I could ask someone for help?

Otherwise, I'm on w7 64bit. The drivers that were automatically installed by the OS got everything working apart from the analog stick. When I go into game controller properties, all of the buttons for the pad are recognized properly but the stick is only showing up on the Point of View Hat, and not the x/y axis where it should be. The only red axis bars that show are the Z Axis and the Z rotation. Tried mappying keys in SSFIV AE and again, buttons work but stick doesn't.

Tried installing ds3 tool to calibrate the analog stick as I would a ps3 controller. No luck. Ds3 doesn't recognize the device.

Tried installing JoyToKey. No luck, doesn't recognize.

How do I get this god damn analog stick working? -_-
  • FunkyPFunkyP Chicks with Guns Joined: Posts: 1,545
    The switch next to the select button is default set to DP(digital), switch it to LS
  • Gen-AnGen-An 何で彼女出来ない? Joined: Posts: 616
    Picked up a VX-SA at my local Micro Center yesterday and played some SSFIV:AE. I don't know why but I was having a much easier time doing Yun plinks on it than with any of my other sticks (PS3 and 360 TE, HRAP2 Sanwa button modded, Hori VLX). Probably placebo effect or maybe a less laggy TV since I was at a friend's house. Either way it's a nice stick, going to be getting rid of my MadCatz sticks as Hori just feels better to me.
    Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty
  • BlueberryBlueberry Joined: Posts: 616
    I Got a VX SA for my birthday a few days ago and i must say I'm really happy with it.
    The overall finishing quality is top notch, stick isn't light as some people suggested, I find it to be just the right weight so it doesn't slip around in your lap.
    Coming from a HORI EX2 stick, which honestly pretty much sucked from day one, this is a huge improvement. I know that the price range isn't the same, but i really think that of you are buying a stick and commiting to learn to play with it, it should be a good one, not just some half assed attempt at an arcade stick.

I'm not yet looking forward to modding it, maybe when a button dies and I have to open it to replace it, but I hopefully won't be doing that any time soon.
  • BlueberryBlueberry Joined: Posts: 616
    Guys, has anyone encountered problems with the balltop on the VX SA unscrewing really easily? I can't seem to fix it properly and it just unscrews everytime i play a round, really annoying.

Can anyone help with this?
  • rdPhreakrdPhreak Joined: Posts: 16
    Guys, has anyone encountered problems with the balltop on the VX SA unscrewing really easily? I can't seem to fix it properly and it just unscrews everytime i play a round, really annoying.

Can anyone help with this?

You need to open the case and use a flathead screw driver to sufficiently tighten it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  • WonderTomWonderTom Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi, I just bought the arcana heart version of that stick for ps3, and it doesn't work on my windows 7 64. Oddly enough, the stick is recognized but would'nt install properly. Do you have any idea about some drivers or things I could do to make it work ?
  • 6ixx6ixx Too easy... Joined: Posts: 240
    Just finished my stick. I think it came out pretty good. Big thanks to d3v for the artwork

2n71clf.jpg
  • Kronos KusanagiKronos Kusanagi Joined: Posts: 11
    hello im interesting in buying this stick but i have some dumb questions about it:
    do i need "kitty" for dualmod? and if it can be dualmodded has to be 360 stick?

Because ps3 looks cooler than x360 with black and white buttons
    Games: UMvsC3, MvsC2 SSF4AE, BBCS2, MK9
    PSN: Kronos_Kusanagi
    XBL: KronosKusanagi
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830
    Cannot use Kitty.
    Can Dual Mod either PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • CarefootCarefoot Careful Gaming At its Finest Joined: Posts: 87
    I want to dual mod my HRAP VX-SA for 360, what is the first thing I do and also is it possible to turn this stick into a hitbox?
    Humans less ugly when they burn! :mad:
  • blklightning21blklightning21 Ibuki and Vega Joined: Posts: 1,494
    I want to dual mod my HRAP VX-SA for 360, what is the first thing I do and also is it possible to turn this stick into a hitbox?

My vx sa is dual modded using a madcatz fightpad, i did not follow any tutorials since i have been doing it for years now.
    check this one out http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dual-modding-101.125848/ it was written by our very own nerrage so it should be packed full of good tips and info.

As for VX SA hitbox
    Yes and then some
    http://thegamesurgeons.com/V3%20VX%20SA%20replacement%20Panels2.html
    IMGP3374.jpg
    Modding solutions for you Hori RAP V3/VX SAs now available!!!!!
    Lightning Label Customs -> Arcade Sticks and Custom Metal Control Panels(TE, Hrap, V3, Custom, etc)
    The Game Surgeons -> Game System Repairs
    Thread
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/project-llc-metal-replacement-panels-madcatz-hori-qanba-customs-and-more.126522/
  • Nytemare_RavenNytemare_Raven Hyper Aggressive Joined: Posts: 48
    My vx sa is dual modded using a madcatz fightpad, i did not follow any tutorials since i have been doing it for years now.
    check this one out http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dual-modding-101.125848/ it was written by our very own nerrage so it should be packed full of good tips and info.
    I really want to do the same to my ps3 VX SA using a fightpad, but i really want to know if its possible to keep the turbo panel working or does it just sit there and look pretty?
    Rolling with Blanka since Street fighter 2
    Can make work.
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com

As for VX SA hitbox
    Yes and then some
    http://thegamesurgeons.com/V3 VX SA replacement Panels2.html
    IMGP3374.jpg

That is sweet, when I order it for hitbox without start where do you recommend the start button be put? Or do you like where they put it on this model? And also for the cover size it sounds like the smaller option is better but what are the benefits to the thicker regular vs slim option?

Also as for the tutorial you linked I will invest some time into that but first, hitbox!

edit: How does this screw in btw? I guess I need to drill into my stick right? No biggie.

And the hitbox replacing the directional, how hard is this part of the installation?

And...now to look for ps360 board or some sort...

edit: Also I guess I have to order the 30mm and 24mm buttons for the hitbox as well right while I'm getting parts o.o
    I really want to do the same to my ps3 VX SA using a fightpad, but i really want to know if its possible to keep the turbo panel working or does it just sit there and look pretty?

Like JDM said you can make it work my turbo panel for my ps3 still works, i could have made it work for my 360 as well but i dont use turbo so i did not bother with it. Also the ps button up there is also home when connected to my 360.
    That is sweet, when I order it for hitbox without start where do you recommend the start button be put? Or do you like where they put it on this model? And also for the cover size it sounds like the smaller option is better but what are the benefits to the thicker regular vs slim option?

Also as for the tutorial you linked I will invest some time into that but first, hitbox!

edit: How does this screw in btw? I guess I need to drill into my stick right? No biggie.

And the hitbox replacing the directional, how hard is this part of the installation?

And...now to look for ps360 board or some sort...

edit: Also I guess I have to order the 30mm and 24mm buttons for the hitbox as well right while I'm getting parts o.o

1. i like the start button where it is. if you dont and you would like it placed somewhere else on the metal panel then that would be a custom order panel. this means that you would be able to make your own layout if you wanted or simply keep it the same and move the start button to where you would like it.

2. thicker for thinner.
    thinner is almost flush within the casing so for those who dont like any play on the wrists this is perfect. thicker is there for people who may think that the thinner lexan cover may to flimsy or just like a thicker piece. I used to say that the thinner lexan piece would try to bend around the buttons but because of the way i cut the buttons holes that is no longer a problem, it sits perfectly flat. so i believe it is just comes down to personal preference. I personally like the thinner piece because of the flushness.

3. No drilling at all. I have made this panels in a way that they are simple drop in replacements. Although it may not look like it, underneath the stock sticker of the V3 SA there is a metal panel and it has 6 screws securing it to the case. what i did was find out what type of screws these were and got them as long as they needed to be in order to secure the panel and cover to the case. if you look at the pic closely you can see that there are 6 screws that are securing the panel to the stick. so no need for drilling or modification.

4. I connected all my signals to a db15 connector, however it is really simple to modify the cable. Cut the end of the cable that connects to the jlf. crimp qds on the signals and daisy chain the ground. It is really that simple.
    Lightning Label Customs -> Arcade Sticks and Custom Metal Control Panels(TE, Hrap, V3, Custom, etc)
    Thread
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/project-llc-metal-replacement-panels-madcatz-hori-qanba-customs-and-more.126522/
    Like JDM said you can make it work my turbo panel for my ps3 still works, i could have made it work for my 360 as well but i dont use turbo so i did not bother with it. Also the ps button up there is also home when connected to my 360.

1. i like the start button where it is. if you dont and you would like it placed somewhere else on the metal panel then that would be a custom order panel. this means that you would be able to make your own layout if you wanted or simply keep it the same and move the start button to where you would like it.

2. thicker for thinner.
    thinner is almost flush within the casing so for those who dont like any play on the wrists this is perfect. thicker is there for people who may think that the thinner lexan cover may to flimsy or just like a thicker piece. I used to say that the thinner lexan piece would try to bend around the buttons but because of the way i cut the buttons holes that is no longer a problem, it sits perfectly flat. so i believe it is just comes down to personal preference. I personally like the thinner piece because of the flushness.

3. No drilling at all. I have made this panels in a way that they are simple drop in replacements. Although it may not look like it, underneath the stock sticker of the V3 SA there is a metal panel and it has 6 screws securing it to the case. what i did was find out what type of screws these were and got them as long as they needed to be in order to secure the panel and cover to the case. if you look at the pic closely you can see that there are 6 screws that are securing the panel to the stick. so no need for drilling or modification.

4. I connected all my signals to a db15 connector, however it is really simple to modify the cable. Cut the end of the cable that connects to the jlf. crimp qds on the signals and daisy chain the ground. It is really that simple.

Last question OBDSF 30 vs 24, I have extra sanwa denshis that came with my Hori and I replaced them with white ones. Does that mean all the buttons on this stick are 24 minus the 30 and that I need 8 new 24s or do I just need 1x of OBDSF30? I already ordered my faceplate just curious about buttons.
  • iorywangiorywang Joined: Posts: 298
    can anyone confirm that pcb in V3 SA(ps3 version) is common ground? Thanks.
  • theBAYsicstheBAYsics '93 til infinity Joined: Posts: 646
    does anybody have the pcb pinout for the VX-SA so i can dual mod with a chimp?
    can anyone confirm that pcb in V3 SA(ps3 version) is common ground? Thanks.

Yes.
    does anybody have the pcb pinout for the VX-SA so i can dual mod with a chimp?

Yes.
    hrap3vxpcbedited2.jpg
  • iorywangiorywang Joined: Posts: 298
    Yes.

Thanks, you are the man
  • DwinDwin The Lily Warrior Joined: Posts: 597
    Umm, I just got my Real Arcade Pro VX SA out of the box and it randomly cuts on and off. Can't play anything. is this a documented problem? And more importantly is there anyway to fix it?

EDIT: It's a 360 stick and i've never had problems with HORI sticks like this before. And i'm on windows 7, if that helps.
    Okay, I was wrong.
  • BeWrongBeWrong Hori V3 all the way! Joined: Posts: 312
    just got mine and loving it. wanted to know how you guys change the template. tried one that was provided on the thread and the measurements are kinda off. can someone post am exact template :( please

sitck.jpg
    BeWrong :)
    If you are referring to an art template, try the one on my site
    http://thegamesurgeons.com/Photoshop%20Templates.html
    it is under RAP V3/VX SA title vewlix template(stock)
    Thread
    If you are referring to an art template, try the one on my site
    http://thegamesurgeons.com/Photoshop Templates.html
    it is under RAP V3/VX SA title vewlix template(stock)

thank you very much i'll check on these templates :)
  • theBAYsicstheBAYsics '93 til infinity Joined: Posts: 646
    Yes.

thank you sir!
    already have the design
    v3guiltygear.jpg
    now all i need is to figure out how to place it on my stick :p
    already have the design

now all i need is to figure out how to place it on my stick :p
    http://thegamesurgeons.com/Hori V3 VX SA covers.html
    Thread
    thanks for this ill check if i could find one here
  • DwinDwin The Lily Warrior Joined: Posts: 597
    Thanks for all the help, guys.
    Okay, I was wrong.

actually what i meant was how to remove the buttons and stick. this'll be my first time opening a stick
  • H3r3ticH3r3tic Joined: Posts: 90
    buttons snap in and out. just depress the 2 tabs n push. stick is 4 screws into the metal plate very easy n straight forward. the label for each button is right on the pcb where the colored wires connect.
    buttons snap in and out. just depress the 2 tabs n push. stick is 4 screws into the metal plate very easy n straight forward. the label for each button is right on the pcb where the colored wires connect.

just watched a video at youtube Thanks. so more or less i just need to find a plexiglass cover :)
  • H3r3ticH3r3tic Joined: Posts: 90
    or just need to order one lol. i just placed my order yesterday for one.
  • Bill NguyenBill Nguyen Who Wants Soy Sauce? Joined: Posts: 117
    hrapv3sacustomsoysauce2.jpg
    My very first custom art. Still very scrubbish but hey; its my first:wgrin:
    if the image does not come up here's the link
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3782/hrapv3sacustomsoysauce2.jpg