Hori Real Arcade PRO V3 "SA" Thread - (Available Now! Check OP!)

1171819202123»

Comments

• iflexxiflexx Joined: Posts: 9
    Just need someone to let me know if the OBSF-24 is supposed to spin/move/rotate in the HORI REAL ARCADE PRO VX / V3?

I just swapped out my buttons and stick and everything seems to be fine except the start button OBSF-24 is rotating now and isn't solidly locked in like the other buttons... I can't remember that it did this before but perhaps it did? I tried to look if there is anyway to properly lock it in other than just snapping it into the case I can't see anything.

help!?
  • NunoV2NunoV2 Joined: Posts: 24
    I switched my buttons for green/purple ones, the start button (OBSF24) being the purple one and I don't have that problem =/
    Thanks for the info NunoV2! hmm i wonder whats happened... does anyone know how to lock it in? have i perhaps damaged the button?
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Press down on it harder from the top, so the two plastic locking pegs underneath click into place. When getting them out, you need to depress these.
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
    Thanks PointBreak91 buts its weird they are both clicked into place and it still moves...
    Well, it's not like you can't play. Unless you use the start button for another function. It would be worse if it was any other button (except for select :p)
    Yeah it doesn't really affect play but I'm really OCD (especially when it comes to my arcade stick)
    And I'd love to work out why on earth it is happening!
  • donutdonut i get distrac Joined: Posts: 142
    Just need someone to let me know if the OBSF-24 is supposed to spin/move/rotate in the HORI REAL ARCADE PRO VX / V3?

I just swapped out my buttons and stick and everything seems to be fine except the start button OBSF-24 is rotating now and isn't solidly locked in like the other buttons... I can't remember that it did this before but perhaps it did? I tried to look if there is anyway to properly lock it in other than just snapping it into the case I can't see anything.

help!?
    i had the same thing happen recently. swapped in a brand new 24mm and it spins around. weird, but it doesn't really bug me. easy fix would be to just get a screw-in button.
    i had the same thing happen recently. swapped in a brand new 24mm and it spins around. weird, but it doesn't really bug me. easy fix would be to just get a screw-in button.
    I really wander why on earth it happens though!? Surely somebody on this board knows... speak up!
    I've ordered a new OBSF-24 and a PS-14-DN so i'll see how it turns out.
    I'd prefer to just have full sanwa parts though so if anyone can enlighten me how to resolve this issue I will be greatly appreciative.
    Hell, I'll send you a prize even (real talk)...
    I really wander why on earth it happens though!? Surely somebody on this board knows... speak up!
    I've ordered a new OBSF-24 and a PS-14-DN so i'll see how it turns out.
    I'd prefer to just have full sanwa parts though so if anyone can enlighten me how to resolve this issue I will be greatly appreciative.
    Hell, I'll send you a prize even (real talk)...
    Why don't you have full sanwa then ?
  • janne213janne213 Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi everyone.

Im brand new to this whole world of arcade sticks lol, ive played alot in arcade halls as a child but haven't touched a stick in 15+ years.

Recently i decided to buy a stick to play with, and after much looking around i found the Hori Ultimate Marvel vs Campcom 3 Ps3 Stick for good price.

I'm thinking of maybe moding the stick and changing the templete, the only problem is that i have absolutly no idea of how to do such a thing lol.

The templete i would like to have is red Viewlix front used in the Street Fighter 4 arcade machine, only problem is i haven't come across a front that's for the Hori Ultimate stick..

Does anyone know of some good sites where one could find ready to print fronts and what not.

Also is it worth the time spray panting the stick since mine is gray and not black, and my start button is also grey.
  • KSTKST Joined: Posts: 222
    edited April 2014
    Just stumbled upon this thread today. Was quickly scanning through all the pages and checking out all the art and mods. Great stuff guys!
    I thought I'd link this here and try my luck finding this part here as well. If anyone might have this spare part lying around and would like to sell it or be kindly give one away if you're not going to be using it =)
    Since I got a used HRAP V3 SA recently and the compartment was missing from it. Would love to find this part and complete this stick.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/188706/wtb-ps3-hrap-v3-sa-compartment-door?new=1
    Post edited by KST on
    "What can be better in life than a 64 oz of Pepsi, and a piece of pizza, and all the video games you can play." -Southern Hills Golfland 4 Life
  • Milk StoneMilk Stone Joined: Posts: 200
    Anyone have a good template for this stick? Or the original art so I can adapt it to something custom I'm working on?
  • VasshernVasshern Joined: Posts: 8
    Custom Yoshimitsu stick, the art was made by @Felix4u. He did a great job and I suggest you guys send him a message if you want him to make some great stick art for you dcxey874etvs.jpg
  • KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2016
    WP_20160207_003.jpg

The panel on my Hori is starting to warp and peal, are there any alternatives to getting a plexi top? I can't afford one at the moment or the commission for artwork.
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,415
    edited February 2016
    KYO84 wrote: »
    http://s10.postimg.org/adyc0hc1l/WP_20160207_003.jpg

The panel on my Hori is starting to warp and peal, are there any alternatives to getting a plexi top? I can't afford one at the moment or the commission for artwork.

Go bare metal
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • KYO84KYO84 Riddle Solver Joined: Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I was thinking of using some type of vinyl wrap. Does the plexi top from Tek-Innovation set flush with the edge or is it elevated above it ?
    "Better that we die on our feet than live on our knees!" Magneto
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Toronto Stick Modder Joined: Posts: 1,554
    The Tek plexi on my HRAP Kai is just a bit too thick to sit flush when combined with the artwork.
  • aszydaszyd Joined: Posts: 505
    That is one well worn stick! You should keep that artwork as a badge of honor.

• AlerhanAlerhan Joined: Posts: 92
    You can go to tek innovations for the plexi. Its only $14.50 so its not too expensive. Its 1/32 inch so you will barely notice it. I have the same hori just in a different color and I barely notice the 1/32 inch thick plexi being there. That or I'm quite used to having the plexi there and dont feel it anymore.

I dont recommend going bare metal since if you do eventually it will rust since its just a plain steel panel with no protective treatment.
  • carcosacarcosa Joined: Posts: 5
    Could anyone provide me with a hitbox template for the Hori V3-SA / VX-SA please. Impossible to find.
  • worldwarrior45worldwarrior45 Add me for some games World-Warrior Joined: Posts: 34
    edited June 23
    birchboi96 wrote: »
    Only reason i changed it was because the OG art was beat to hell with scratches and the color started fading. Thanks to Syn13 for the template he provided
    IMG_0388.jpg

This akuma mod is sick. My default art is faded to hell and i don't have clue how to use photoshop and templates to make custom art. Where can i get this akuma one. Ill probably be using tek-innovations to print. It says in their guide that i need to send them the template version and the full picture aswell.

Or of anyone is kind enough to PM me some akuma or ryu ones i will appreciate the help

• DanTKDDanTKD Joined: Posts: 3
    Hey guys sorry to rise this thread but a friend of mine has a problem with his stick (Hori V3 Pro), the turbo function went nuts, it doesn´t turn off, no matter what he does.
    So I was wondering, is there something that can be done at the original PCB that totally disables the turbo function? A resistor he can remove or something like it?
    Or the only way will be to remove the pcb full and adapt a new one, like a Brook for example?
    We live in Brazil and this kind of third part PCB can be a little expensive.
    Thanks a lot.
    DanTKD wrote: »
    Hey guys sorry to rise this thread but a friend of mine has a problem with his stick (Hori V3 Pro), the turbo function went nuts, it doesn´t turn off, no matter what he does.
    So I was wondering, is there something that can be done at the original PCB that totally disables the turbo function? A resistor he can remove or something like it?
    Or the only way will be to remove the pcb full and adapt a new one, like a Brook for example?
    We live in Brazil and this kind of third part PCB can be a little expensive.
    Thanks a lot.

If the board is how I think it is, and the Turbo button uses rubber domes for switches, placing a piece of electric tape between the button contacts and the dome will render the button unusable, and the best thing is as its just a piece of electric tape it's completely reversible.
    edited July 3
    Darksakul wrote: »
    If the board is how I think it is, and the Turbo button uses rubber domes for switches, placing a piece of electric tape between the button contacts and the dome will render the button unusable, and the best thing is as its just a piece of electric tape it's completely reversible.

Could it be so simple? I wil tell him to try, everything would be easier if I live at the same city of this friend of mine hehe
    Thanks man. I'll tell here if it works
    Edit: he told me that already toke off the wire that connects the turbo button with the pcb and the problem continues, so it cant't be the contact rubber

Could it be so simple? I wil tell him to try, everything would be easier if I live at the same city of this friend of mine hehe
    Edit: he told me that already toke off the wire that connects the turbo button with the pcb and the problem continues, so it cant't be the contact rubber

Something shorting out on the main board?

Hard to tell, he never modded this arcade, i think i's more likely to be some pcb mal function.

Hard to tell, he never modded this arcade, i think i's more likely to be some pcb mal function.

Not necessarily so, all it takes is a tiny metal filing or even a dead bug to get inside a make a short
  • guiseguise AM2 Joined: Posts: 135
    anyone got a PSD for the vewlix 8 button layout for v3? links in this thread are old and dead.