VICTORVILLE, CA High Desert area casuals

Comments

• brenttiscoo15brenttiscoo15 brenttiscool Joined: Posts: 900
  • G}{0§TG}{0§T Joined: Posts: 112
    Ok so myself and my crew have been meaning to make it a point and go to Victorville and run sessions with you guys, (you know us from WNFs and other tourneys) but just too damn lazy to make the trip, but it seems as though we may have some free time coming up beginning with the new year so let us know if you guys still run sessions. Better and more importantly, is this thread still alive ???
  • NickOfTimeNickOfTime Time Psychiccer Joined: Posts: 51
    Euro needs to post when he's having casuals so I can actually make time.

I need some more Marvel.
  • the_judgethe_judge Can you feel the love tonight? Joined: Posts: 1,771
    Nope, Victorville was nuked, everyone is dead.
    Except Chris, but he is alive cause he left.
    PC elitist
    Awe that's too bad sad to see it go ;/
    We are still very much alive. We have a group of about 4 or 5 that consistently plays and attends WNF every week. I'm sure you know Chris and myself, along with Euro and Airic. If we had an outside interest wanting to come play with us I'm sure Euro would want to host something. Our casuals have been dead as of late simply because what was once a large scene has dwindled down to the few core players that still care about getting better. If you're still interested, let me know and I will talk to Euro about setting something up.
    Sup Brentt, I mean yeah I'm always down for a session even though I always see you guys at WNF, my crew has never made an effort to go to the high dessert I think it's about time
  • AiRiCAiRiC Joined: Posts: 479
    Yes very much alive I just recently have been leveling up since brentt's departure to Vagina I mean Virginia for a month... So ya just let us know what friday and our worlds best honda will accommodate im sure.
  • FeistFeist Joined: Posts: 458
    Ah hah! The thread is alive!

I haven't had casuals in a while due to the lack of turn out, but I am always open to starting them up again. We need more Marvel players, and new SF players for sure. Just post up if you're interested and I'll see if we can get this thing going again.
    Ghost, where do you live? And when you say crew, how many guys are you talking about and what games do you guys play??
    edited January 2014
    There is about 10+ in total but about 5 us at the core that are always together traveling and playing. Between the whole crew we play mainly AE and Marvel but we also dabble in TTT2, VF5FS, Injustice, P4A, DOA, and even Smash
    Awesome, what city do you guys live in? And do you guys play on stick/pad??
    edited January 2014
    Most of us live in Riverside and San Bernardino and we get together in Moreno Valley, Colton, Fontana, Railto, etc. we all live in the IE
    Ah, that's a bit of a ways out but I'm sure if you guys are willing to make the drive out we'd be happy to have you guys.
    I'm the only one who uses pad in my group and I have a lag-input free converter and the rest have sticks
  • GhostoastGhostoast I'm just a ghost that likes toast. Joined: Posts: 9
    hi guys, ill be visiting the high desert area next month ill be there for a couple of weeks and was wondering if theres a place that holds casuals?
    Alright, sounds good. Ghostoast, what date will you be up here? We have always held sessions on Friday. If possible, maybe we could host on a day that's good for both you and the other Ghost and his friends so we can have a really good turnout. Let me know what you think.
    Yeah sounds good just give me plenty of time to let my guys know and we'll be good to go
    edited January 2014
    Hey, will be hosting again tonight @7pm for anybody that can come. I know it's short notice, but just wanted to see if we could get into the swing of things again. I'll body 75% of you. The other 25% of you use cheap characters, so there.
    Thanks for the early notice clown :p lol jk
  • GhostoastGhostoast I'm just a ghost that likes toast. Joined: Posts: 9
    ill be there on the 12th. idk what my schedule will be like first two weeks most likely visiting family but ill try to find some time to go out there. could you post the location and times?
    Crew battle High Desert what's good?!? Ha, seriously though let's make is happen.
    Sessions happen on Friday nights from around 6pm til whenever everyone leaves. First Friday after the 12th is the 14th, so if you're available maybe we can get something going on that day. And of course we're down to crew battle, we are the best group of players in SoCal ;)
    Haha wow that desert heat must really get to you guys out there :p
    edited February 2014
    G}{0§T wrote: »

Lol let's set a date. Will do late sessions tonight 7:30pm. Gotta do grocery shopping.

Feist wrote: »

Lol let's set a date. Will do late sessions tonight 7:30pm. Gotta do grocery shopping.

Yo Arrow PM me with your number so we can set this up
  • ShineThatLightShineThatLight Bring it on! Joined: Posts: 45
    Hey guys, online warrior from out near Palmdale here. I'd love to come out and catch a sesh, I have hardly any offline experience so I'll mostly just be working on timing and such. I'm only halfway decent at SF4, haven't played a whole lot of many other fighting games.

I'll message Feist closer to the 14th, get details and such.
    Hey guys just to ask, did you want to do the session on the 14th? Cause if so I'm screwed and I'm not going to be able to make it, cause it's Valentines Day and my girl would kill me if I stood her up on that day :/
  • tekniqstekniqs Joined: Posts: 681
    session tonight? I'm thinking of going to Evo this year (lol)...need to grind again
    We can try to set up a session on the 21st if everyone is okay with that date.
    Ok let me talk to my guys cause they wanted to throw something on the 22nd in Colton to ready up for SCR
  • tekniqstekniqs Joined: Posts: 681
    what's going on tomorrow night?
    Hey Ghost, let me know if you guys can make it up this coming Friday, the 21st. We've had a couple of others show interest in coming out and I would like to know how many people to expect for casuals. If you could confirm ASAP, I would appreciate it!
    Hey Brentt sorry man my crew can't make it this Fri. :( but I'm trying to get the day off early that day so I can make it out, and so is AllStarz, just wish you clowns could have told me sooner it would have been a done deal :/ but I should know by Wed if I can make it I'll get at you guys at WNF
    And on a side note, which is laughable, the reason my crew can't make it is because I'm throwing an All-Nighter session this Sat. in Colton (and you guys are of course more than welcome to come) and I had them all take time off in order to make it ahead of time, which was planned a while ago before we found out about your guys' sorry bros :(
  • TruegamerTruegamer SRK VS CAPCOM!!! Joined: Posts: 404
    Ok let me talk to my guys cause they wanted to throw something on the 22nd in Colton to ready up for SCR

So this is happening...
    TVC WILL LIVE ON!!!
    edited May 2014
    Alright guys, I'm not sure how many of you still check this thread often, but I'm gonna post about this here anyways in hopes that some of you see it, but I'll also try to contact you all individually in case you don't read it here. A guy has contacted me about running an event for AE/Marvel/Smash in Hesperia at a Lan center. He doesn't know that many SF players, but knows some Marvel and Smash players. He has reached out to me to help him with the SF side of things so I'm here to see how many of you guys would be willing to come out and support something like this. I know not all of you play SF, a few of you play Marvel but regardless, there will be tournaments for both so I'm hoping all of you can make it out. The current date that we are looking at is Saturday, May 31st. I picked this day because I'm hoping it fits in with everyone's work/school schedule the best. Also, it would be a sort of farewell tournament for AE 2102 since Ultra will be releasing that following week. As for pricing, I'm assuming it will be the standard 5$ venue and 5$ per game fee, but he's working on getting it down to maybe 3$ venue, so we can add that extra couple bucks from everyone in to the pot. We haven't had any events up here since Elvis ran the HDS tournaments years ago, and those turned out to be pretty dam fun, so I'm hoping everyone can make it out to these since we all haven't really hung out with each other in a while as a group. Plus, we can maybe meet some new players that we didn't know from up here. And of course, if things turn out to be successful it can be a recurring thing, so we need to show our support. We've never had any casuals for Smash up here, but I know some of you may have some friends that play that game, so spread the word to them too and tell them to contact me if they want more information. Please message me on Facebook if you have any further questions about the details. Thanks guys!
  • Mayor_of_EarthMayor_of_Earth Joined: Posts: 8
    That would be sick! It'd be great to have something local to go to.
    edited May 2014
    I would love to see this happen. Count me in! Can somebody contact Damien, NickofTime, and Luvcheez? Not sure they read this thread anymore!
    @Mayor_of_Earth Are you from up here? Have you played with any of us before? Sorry if I don't remember, but I just don't recognize your tag lol

@Feist‌ I contacted Damien and Felix on Facebook, but I don't have Nick's contact details. Also, I think the Judge deleted his Facebook or something so I have to find a way to let him know also.
    I'm in phelan, I just don't get out much lol. Haven't played with anyone in this thread, even online. Been busy with school.
    @Mayor_of_Earth‌ But I'm assuming you're interested in making it out to this tournament?? If so, what games do you play?
    Yeah, I am. I play SF4, Injustice, ans MvC3; I love skullgirls but I'm trash at it so idk if that counts lol
    I'm in! May 31 is perfect, and Saturdays in general would work for me if it becomes a weekly thing.

Details on time, address, and what Smash game(s) will be there? I might be able to get someone else to go.
    @NickOfTime‌ As of right now, for Smash it's looking like there will be Melee and Project M. The time has still not been set yet, but it's looking like it will start somewhere in the afternoon between 1-3 PM. The venue is called Titan Computers and Gaming Center, and the address is 12053 Marpiosa Rd, Hesperia, CA 92345.
  • AruSquaredAruSquared Joined: Posts: 2
    Awright count me in.
    Alright, I'll be able to make it easily. Consider me in for Marvel.
    Turns out I can't make it. Family obligations that day.