Ventura County Street Fighter 4 Players Thread

Comments

• Golden SunGolden Sun Not the headbite! Joined: Posts: 139
    Hey Paper we will go to WNF sometime soon for sure and I'd be happy to carpool.
    XBL: G0lden 5un
  • PaperPaper Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,674
    Hey Paper we will go to WNF sometime soon for sure and I'd be happy to carpool.

I'm going to head over to FFA tonight hopefully there will be some people to play mvc3 with.
    D͠e̕͜n̡j̢͝i͡ņ A̴r̶͢͡c̴a̛͢͡d͜͜e
  • PaperbowserPaperbowser Prince of Projectiles Joined: Posts: 112
    There was a tourney at FFA today, apparently its bi-weekly (as in every other week) Hopefully we'll be able to set it up so we can have a marvel tourney at denjin every alternate sunday.
    `0-
    -0`
    `0-
    -0`
    This Saturday night, Marvel @ Denjin??
    This Saturday night, Marvel @ Denjin??

That should be fine, I'm sick at the moment so depending on how I'm feeling I might not show up. I don't want to get you guys sick.
    No worries man, thanks for the heads up. Lemme know if you'll make it or not on Saturday. We can always meet up Sunday if that works out better. And we should definitely try to get those (bi?)weekly marvel events set up too!
    I'm feeling a bit better, should be fine for saturday.

This saturday will be a casual session only, as we have not started the bi-weekly marvel tourneys yet.
    Denjin Casuals tonight
    Ventura players... who plays marvel? No one showed up to Denjin last night for marvel except Paper, myself, and a friend I brought (which was the case last weekend too practically).

We should hold casuals in ventura county sometimes... if anyone has a place we could all meet up that'd be cool. I would offer my house but it's VERY small and I don't think more than 3 people would be comfortable in it. I can provide a 360/a copy of the game whenever needed. Anyone who is down to try and setup weekly/whenever meetups in ventura county, please reply. We can also run some SSFIV if desired (I can provide a copy of that too if need be).
  • lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 235
    I think some friends and I will try to make it out to Denjin this week. We're all from Goleta/SB. I'll post again if we decide on a firm day.
  • aggro cragaggro crag Joined: Posts: 205
    Anyone willing to drive out to SB, we're doing weekly events at La Rumba Bar & Grill. We usually have two or three stations for MvC3 and SSF4. We're trying to make this upcoming event bigger, so we might set up more stations for matches. I have more information on my site. Fighting Games at La Rumba KOcast
    Who's up for a poor man's Wednesday Night Fights? -- Marvel 3 at denjin tonight!
    I'm looking for anyone interested in going to Irvine for the japan relief tourney this Sunday. I'm also looking for a ride.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/japan-relief-fundraising-tournament-april-3rd-%40-university-california-irvine-268504/

edit: Found out ffa is having a tourney same day, prolly gonna go there unless people wanna carpool over to Irvine.
    The Irvine tourney was fun last night, but it hasn't satisfied my lust for Marvel.

Anyone wanna play some MVC3 this week- or even today?
    Marvel on Saturday bros? Where the hell is the rest of ventura at? :(

My buds and I will be at Denjin on Sat for some marvel so head on down for some free wins lol :D
    I've been practicing a lot, I hope you guys have been as well.

I went to the Irvine tourney and played a bunch of top players, spent about 12 hours straight playing Marvel.

Heading down to WNF today to get even more practice.

This Fri/Sat lets get some games going.

Its time to get out of the danger room and get some practical application in this bitch.

Tourney at denjin in a few weeks - http://shoryuken.com/f7/denjin-arcade-3s-mvc3-tournament-4-23-a-270388/
    I've been messing around in arcade/training with a variety of characters yeah. I've been really busy with college so I haven't had much time to do anything serious. See you on Saturday.
    I've been messing around in arcade/training with a variety of characters yeah. I've been really busy with college so I haven't had much time to do anything serious. See you on Saturday.

There's SSF4/MVC3/Melee tourney in Long Beach if you guys would rather go down there this Saturday, though its a bit of a drive.
    That's a possibility but it would depend on what time it begins. My friend has family that live near Long Beach so he might be up for it. I'll let you know.. I need your cell number so we can text instead of talking on here so much lol. Drop me a message?
    Sent.

It starts at noon, registration ends at 1 pm, event ends at 9 pm.

http://shoryuken.com/f7/4-9-11-2gg-smackdown-1-2-csulb-long-beach-ca-mvc3-ssf4-melee-230221/
    Just thought I'd list my route for MVC3 weekly play.

Thurs - FFA has airdasher game casuals
    Friday - Friday Night Fights (Formally WNF) ($5 for tourney)
    Sat - Denjin Arcade Marvel Casuals
    Sunday - Santa Monica Marvel tourney/casuals ($3 for tourney)

My friend and I have room to include people if anyone would like to carpool, we just ask that you chip in for gas.
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,885 mod
    In case anyone in the 805 is interested in Mortal Kombat and/or has nothing to do on monday...

http://shoryuken.com/f7/denjin-arcade-gamestop-mk9-release-tournament-4-18-a-271127/

It's free to enter, and last time they had free sodas and hot dogs.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif
    Just thought I'd list my route for MVC3 weekly play.

Thurs - FFA has airdasher game casuals
    Friday - Friday Night Fights (Formally WNF) ($5 for tourney)
    Sat - Denjin Arcade Marvel Casuals
    Sunday - Santa Monica Marvel tourney/casuals ($3 for tourney)

My friend and I have room to include people if anyone would like to carpool, we just ask that you chip in for gas.
    So WNF is now on Fridays? In that case, my friend(s) and I will definitely go to the next one (can't go today). One of us could drive if you don't have transportation that day.
    So WNF is now on Fridays? In that case, my friend(s) and I will definitely go to the next one (can't go today). One of us could drive if you don't have transportation that day.

Wonderful! FNF starts next week and I'd like to try to go there every week. Hopefully the 100 some people that show up on weds will double on fri!
    Wonderful! FNF starts next week and I'd like to try to go there every week. Hopefully the 100 some people that show up on weds will double on fri!

Valle cleared some stuff up.

FNF is not a permanent change, and WNF will only be held on friday, april 22nd because renovations are being done to The Proud Bird on weds.
    Due to renovations at the Proud Bird next Weds, WNF will be on Friday next week April 22!
    After April 22, WNF returns back to normal.
    Well, that's a downer.. We will go to this one for sure then :)
    Be sure to sign up on the thread if you want to enter the tourney, you can sign up all your friends at once if you'd like.

http://shoryuken.com/f24/level%7Cup-x-tournament-legacy-present-weds-night-fights-%40-src-262869/

Its like $6 to get in and $5 to enter per tournament.

(it's also $2 per taco or $5 for 3) so I'd bring an empty stomach and some money for that!

Be sure not to get marveled out though, we'll be having a MVC3 tourney at denjin the day after that!
  • Kira805Kira805 Joined: Posts: 27
    hay so casuals what up where and what time eny one down.

lets do this
    Kohaku Will Kill Your Family And Devour Your Soul. Look KirbyRog Q("Q)
    lets do this

I posted my weekly route, but if you'd like to come to Denjin Arcade just post the date and time and I'll try to make it down there.
    I wish we could get some more players to come by Denjin for our casual meetups.

if you play MK9/SSF4/MVC3/AH3 I encourage you to come down.
  • IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 575
    RESURRECTION

Hello everyone. I've been playing fighting games for a while, and posting on SRK. I just barely discovered this thread after all this time. I attended the SB gamefest and met some cool folks so i know some of you are out there. Let's get this shit going! I don't know if you guys still head down to the armory or Denjin for casuals but I am more than willing to go, I also have quite a few friends that play and are looking to up their game. I haven't been to Denjin in ages and would love to go.
  • Mr_DobalinaMr_Dobalina Joined: Posts: 38
    Does anyone carpool to WNF? I have been wanting to go for a while but have either had work or didn't want to make the drive out alone. I would pitch in gas money of course, if anyone has an open seat. This upcoming Wednesday I have off, and my local friend will have finished his last final, so it is more of a sure deal this time.

Regular carpools to WNF would be so good. LAX is not too far to venture for some of the best casuals in SoCal.
    RESURRECTION

Hello everyone. I've been playing fighting games for a while, and posting on SRK. I just barely discovered this thread after all this time. I attended the SB gamefest and met some cool folks so i know some of you are out there. Let's get this shit going! I don't know if you guys still head down to the armory or Denjin for casuals but I am more than willing to go, I also have quite a few friends that play and are looking to up their game. I haven't been to Denjin in ages and would love to go.
    Hey man, I'd be willing to meet up at Denjin for some SSFIV/MK9 casuals (and probably some MvC3 as well for fun). Where's the armory located at? I've heard about it but never known where it is. I'm always looking for casuals in Super anytime anywhere! My friends play Marvel/MK9/Super as well.
    Does anyone carpool to WNF? I have been wanting to go for a while but have either had work or didn't want to make the drive out alone. I would pitch in gas money of course, if anyone has an open seat. This upcoming Wednesday I have off, and my local friend will have finished his last final, so it is more of a sure deal this time.

Regular carpools to WNF would be so good. LAX is not too far to venture for some of the best casuals in SoCal.
    Hey man, this wednesday my friend and I might be driving down to WNF for some casuals and/or more so if you'd like to work out some kind of carpool hit me up on here.
    Hey man, I'd be willing to meet up at Denjin for some SSFIV/MK9 casuals (and probably some MvC3 as well for fun). Where's the armory located at? I've heard about it but never known where it is. I'm always looking for casuals in Super anytime anywhere! My friends play Marvel/MK9/Super as well.

Sounds good, let me talk to some folks so we can plan a trip to go meet up at Denjin. I play SSF4/3S/MK9. How many people do you usually bring with you to Denjin and such? The Armory is right off of the Johnson drive exit on the 101. It is a few doors down from Toy R' Us
    I usually bring two of my friends, they both play mk9, one plays super and the other is going to learn super when AE comes out. We can meet up mostly anytime since we are all starting summer after this week. Thanks for the info!
    no problem, and if you or your friends are interested (or anyone for that matter) there is going to be an MK9 Tournament hosted at Mero Games in Camarillo on the 28th, entry is $5. People should go!!!
    Oh damn thanks man. I haven't been to Mero since the last SSFIV tourney they had like a year ago haha. I live like 2 minutes away from Mero too.

I will definitely be there for the MK9 tourney. Also, my friend(s) and I are going to Denjin tonight for some MK9/whatever else (maybe ssfiv or mvc3) if you can make it out or not. :)
    oh really? I never heard of the place until I had a job interview the other day at the Subway a few doors down. I asked the owner about the MK setup in the back and he told me about past and the new upcoming tourney, wish i knew about the ssf4 one!

Sorry I just saw your post about Denjin, hope it was fun!
    Lemme know if you or anyone of your friends are down for casuals. All of my friends and I are on summer break now so we're mostly free most of the time. There aren't enough locals who play in ventura county!
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I do play. I just never get around to casuals with anyone else since I'm usually working.
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.