Ventura County Street Fighter 4 Players Thread

Comments

• IanskieIanskie Keep Watch Joined: Posts: 556
    Lemme know if you or anyone of your friends are down for casuals. All of my friends and I are on summer break now so we're mostly free most of the time. There aren't enough locals who play in ventura county!

You'd be surprised how many players are in Ventura County, very few post in here or are on SRK for that matter. Like I PM'd you, I'll let you know about local casuals as soon as they arrive.
    I do play. I just never get around to casuals with anyone else since I'm usually working.

Sorry to come of as a lurker, but if i'm not mistaken I saw you posting in the AI closing thread about a 3s tourney. Do you play 3s?
  • Kira805Kira805 Joined: Posts: 27
    hay iean lets get these guys involved in owr cyrcles hehehehe mio i know your out there ..... so lets play guys.
    Kohaku Will Kill Your Family And Devour Your Soul. Look KirbyRog Q("Q)
    That's the plan dude!
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,498
    Sorry to come of as a lurker, but if i'm not mistaken I saw you posting in the AI closing thread about a 3s tourney. Do you play 3s?

That I do, although I'm completely ass at all things Street Fighter.
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    ah I see, what do you play?
    I play 3rd Strike mainly and I've been learning SSF4. I joke around in MVC2 and CVS2, though.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    We should play sometime man.

And to Golden Sun, those were some fun Casuals the other day. See you on Saturday!
  • Golden SunGolden Sun Not the headbite! Joined: Posts: 139
    We should play sometime man.

And to Golden Sun, those were some fun Casuals the other day. See you on Saturday!
    Yeah definitely! We will see you then man. Also, let's all go to WNF next week if you're down!
    XBL: G0lden 5un
    ooh, I'll let you know if I can make it out. That would be very fun. How did you guys do this last Wednesday?
    We drove from Cam to WNF and we picked up two guys along the way. If you and your friends would come we could work out two or more cars in the carpool.

Edit: Oh and how did we do, well I got to play Valle, but I lost :P

I only entered super. It was fun!
  • PaperPaper Bowser Joined: Posts: 1,670
    ooh, I'll let you know if I can make it out. That would be very fun. How did you guys do this last Wednesday?

I beat Toxy and a few others in Marvel, I beat AndyOCR and a some randoms and then BARELY lost to Onlinetony last round in sf4.

I didn't even get top 8 ='(
    D͠e̕͜n̡j̢͝i͡ņ A̴r̶͢͡c̴a̛͢͡d͜͜e
  • Mr_DobalinaMr_Dobalina Joined: Posts: 38
    I was also part of the carpool. I only entered SSF4, and I went 1-2. I lost to Choysauce, and was eliminated by AndyOCR. Lots to learn still.
    It's good to see some folks from the 805 head down to WNF. It really isn't that far away too.

@Golden Sun: How did it go at Denjin?
    Since it would have been just Dan and me, and Dan said he didn't feel like going, we cancelled. Maybe we can go tonight, or just hold off til tomorrow for WNF.

Edit: OK it's official, casuals for SSFIV/ MK9 tonight at Denjin. Bring your friends, family and everyone else!
    Good games last night at Denjin, it was nice seeing the arcade after over a year.
    Ien !!!!!!! AE now man lets play VC GET HIPE!!!!!!!! mofo's its time to prove who raighns supreme in Ventura County. SB your welcom too next year ill i will win 1st in your tornament not 3rd and i will beat Marn.
  • Chimpan-AChimpan-A Joined: Posts: 135
    Just wanted to say I'm in Oxnard and down to play Street Fighter whenever. Only problem is I can't host, and since I'm dead broke can't really afford to travel outside of Oxnard. But if anyone in the city is looking to play, or wouldn't mind me bumming a ride with them to Denjin/wherever else, lemme know!
    Ventura County. If you've got that PSN, hit me up.

PSN: Duralath
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Just wanted to say I'm in Oxnard and down to play Street Fighter whenever. Only problem is I can't host, and since I'm dead broke can't really afford to travel outside of Oxnard. But if anyone in the city is looking to play, or wouldn't mind me bumming a ride with them to Denjin/wherever else, lemme know!
    Drop me a phone number I can text you at in a private message and I'll let you know when we have casuals next time.
  • sam1r5sam1r5 Joined: Posts: 5
    Im also down to play. I was wondering where and when you guys meet up.
    Anyone up for a big ass casuals meet at Denjin soon?
    Yup, sent in my ps3 for repairs today, power supply broke day before AE came out, needless to say I haven't played much. I also switched characters, so perhaps you may have a chance now...perhaps.
    How 'bout Friday night?
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Yup, sent in my ps3 for repairs today, power supply broke day before AE came out, needless to say I haven't played much. I also switched characters, so perhaps you may have a chance now...perhaps.
    Psh okay bro I'm make you eat those words ;)

Duralath Friday night sounds pretty good to me!

I'm excited, any chance we can play primarily on PS3? I play pad and for me, using an Xbox controller is basically giving up before the match starts :). I can bring my PS3 if necessary.
    I've no idea if they have pads there, but they have a ps3 with two TE sticks and I am bringing my xbox and friends who both have sticks (one has a TE now) so you should bring a ps3 pad if that's what you use.

EDIT: So tonight we are going to be at Denjin at around 8 for marvel and ae casuals.
    Wish I could of gone, however now that I work full time it's going to be tough. Not to mention that I am bored of sf4 now... I'm just going to HDR and 3s, is anyone down for those games?
    Lol I'll play you at HDR all day man, and I'll try to learn as much 3s as possible since I'll be playing it when OE comes out.
    I was there, but I had to leave early.

Yes. Play 3rd Strike. It's a good game.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    I've been playing 3s off and on for about 5 years so you don't have to tell me twice haha.
    we really need to get together to play sometime man.

and Jon, I'm down to teach you what I know.
    Sounds good Ian! One of these days we can meet up and play on console (don't know if you have it but I have it for 360).

And Duralath who were you? I had no idea you were there haha
    I was on the 3rd Strike cab for a bit, but I had to leave at about 9 PM to meet up with a buddy to go work out. I was wearing the B.J. Penn shirt.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Hey guys, anyone planning on driving up to EVO?

My friends are working friday morning and driving up friday afternoon, but seeing as the SF4/MVC may start at 9am on friday I was hoping to find someone to drive up to EVO with, otherwise I'm just gonna buy a plane ticket.

I have a ride back to SOCAL, I'm just LF a ride up to Vegas.
    Someone, anyone, casuals sometime soon? Don't care where or when, just would like to get some in. Preferably AE and/or MVC3. Also I'd like to play a shitton of 3s casuals in preparation for 3sOE
    Are you available Thursday? I don't have work Thursday but not too sure what's going on.
    I've been meaning to go to FFA soon on a popular night and just play a lot of AE.

WNF started up again, I might go to that soon. You guys free on any Wednesday?
    This Wednesday is a definite maybe to go to WNF so if we go I will let you know for sure man.

And Ian I am free Thursday if you are down! We can play hdr and 3s bro. Just hit me up with a text if you find out what your schedule's like.
    Anyone from the Ventura area heading to WNF tomorrow or anytime soon? Let me know if I can bum a ride with anyone...I'm jobless at the moment so I can't pitch more than a few bucks for gas, but if you have an empty seat anyway it'd be better than nothing...:)
    You kids are playing 3S? When and where?
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Uhm no where right now because Ian's got a new job so he's been super busy lol. I'd be happy to play anyone who can sit down and teach me anything about 3s though.
    You kids are playing 3S? When and where?
    Kids hmmm . this guy. when ever! lets do this.
    my caB OR YOURS http://youtu.be/DKvTF5Ss8mA
    Kira, gimme an address the next time you guys run one of these and I'll do my best to make it out there.
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    SPOis Happening tomorrow (Santa Paula Opera)
    It's time 4 once again Ventura County too join their fellow comrades to prepare 4 EVO2k11! There will be food, salt, upsets, new rivals, booze, boobs (2d of course), BYOC (bring your own stick or fight pad). The adress is: 218S Steckel Dr. Santa Paula, Ca. Heres a link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106367552795390
    3s 2v2s? This might be worthwhile. How much for entry?
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    I don't think anything is going to be for money (but who knows).
    What system are you guys gonna be playing on? Also if I could catch a ride from someone in Oxnard I'd love to go
    The primary systems are PS2 and PS3. There is usually only one Xbox 360.

I could probably get you a ride Chimpan
    I think I may show. Wanna see what the rest of vc is up to. Also, if I show, two buds of mine may come with. That cool?
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    Yeah Duralath, sounds great. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Chimpan you should pm when you get a chance.
    Hey Lan, thanks so much. I thought I already posted again but I guess I forgot, something came up last minute and I can't make it tonight. But thanks again for the offer.