Tekken 6 Tier List?

Comments

• JarekovJarekov Thou Art A Bear Joined: Posts: 1,995
    Yeah fuck tiers in Tekken. It's not a big deal any ways. You're all trying to get counter hits and sidestep each other's shit. Pick a character that can do that and you're good. That's probably what I like most about the game. As long as you are passionate about a character you can do things with them. No point in getting into long winded discussions about tiers like the SFIV thread. That's one of the reasons I started playing this game...to get away from the tier discussion. The character I use just happens to be pretty gdlk tier wise.

lol yeah tiers in sf4 are fucking ridiculous, and playing a character you like and are passionate about is the way to go. In any sf its always been vega for me.... in sf4 apparently he sucks... i didnt notice, i will fuck shit up with vega all fucking day and you can point at your tiers and shove them up your ass.

Tekken sees such a variety of characters placing in tourneys i honestly think it comes down more to player skill then anything else, ive seen some really solid zafina players and shes considered shit tier.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    tiers mean nothing. just study the game to the fullest extent and enjoy.
    yes migual top
  • DillyDilly Joined: Posts: 294
    The only thing about tiers in tekken is that the lower the tier your character is the more you have to know about your opponent's character.
    The only thing about tiers in tekken is that the lower the tier your character is the more you have to know about your opponent's character.

not true...
    you have to know about your opponent's character.

you shoudl be doing that anyways
  • XLCowBoyXLCowBoy Join Date: June 1991 Joined: Posts: 599
    Tiers really don't mean much in T6, but stating that Bob, Steve, and Lars sucks when compared to Kaz was pretty inaccurate to say the least.
    If Tekken had a character that was a ball-sack, and it was playable, I'm pretty sure people would own with it. -FlyMike
    Tiers really don't mean much in T6, but stating that Bob, Steve, and Lars sucks when compared to Kaz was pretty inaccurate to say the least.

Kazuya can be played against most of the cast in a manner that is very efficient and hard to deal with but bob and steve have too many +frame strings and good setups for Kaz to turtle and punish.

Something that might be more productive in this thread to argue is the merits of each character... they are trying to do that on TZ but like everything over their its a disorganised fucking mess. No offense to TZ but its such a bitch to find useful and relavant shit for characters.
    you are right about the disorganization. when t5 first came out i made an ultimate thread to fix that problem. wouldve been nice if everyone just followed the example and help keep shit clean. when i post up on there i just ask the questions that have been answered already and bumping the thread. you get idiots complaining that its already been stated but do i wanna go through 20 pages of bullshit when the OP doesnt edit the first post and update?
    some mods dont do shit either.
    you are right about the disorganization. when t5 first came out i made an ultimate thread to fix that problem. wouldve been nice if everyone just followed the example and help keep shit clean. when i post up on there i just ask the questions that have been answered already and bumping the thread. you get idiots complaining that its already been stated but do i wanna go through 20 pages of bullshit when the OP doesnt edit the first post and update?
    some mods dont do shit either.

its too bad srk doesnt have that large of a following from tekken players.... shits usually pretty organised around here.
    yah i see that here in srk. problem in TZ is so many noobs in there asking stupid reptitive questions and nobody even deletes the post or close threads when its obvious how irrelevant it is. some mods do, unfortunately not all of them.
  • filthyrichfilthyrich iBreakGuard Joined: Posts: 104
    i hope no1 gets mad when i say this....
    but tiers dont mean shit in this game AT ALL.

tiers in tekken 6 (only tekken 6) are popularity contests thats all it is
  • e1j1e1j1 ..... Joined: Posts: 1,794
    Rich has a point. Which is why you'll randomly see a Mishima in top 5 in someone's list. Just let them go...this isn't DR anymore.
    "Go join a fraternity and step your game up!"
    you wanna get some games in and work on some eddie shenanigans and matchups? Im pretty proficient with most of the cast and i want to take eddie to the next level.

Sure. Hopefully the online play isn't too laggy. I mostly play with people around here in person. Memphis actually has a pretty good Tekken scene.
  • *NAKM**NAKM* Street Fighter newb! Joined: Posts: 40
    With a game as balanced as T6BR, a tier list would be virtually meaningless. Tier lists only come into play with a fighter that's insanely unbalanced. Like MvsC2 or any of the MK games. That's where only a select few can compete in a tournament. With Tekken, that problem is non-existant. Every character in T6 can compete. It's just some you'll have to work harder for your win and be more patient.
    Sure. Hopefully the online play isn't too laggy. I mostly play with people around here in person. Memphis actually has a pretty good Tekken scene.

same here... i just need to find new people around here. yeah my connection is always good barring someone eating up all the internet.
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 6,066
    RLX mixups are not good....

Korea also thinks Miguel is good....

*shrugs*

And you dont know what youre talking about.

A mixup is a 50/50 situation how in the hell is the stance not good when it gives a mixup?

Shut yo ass up.
    lol flame war imminent?
    lol flame war imminent?

lol im starting to like this thread, whenever tiers get brought up shit gets hot and heavy.
  • DasvanuDasvanu [VØLTÄG3]+ Joined: Posts: 337

A mixup is a 50/50 situation how in the hell is the stance not good when it gives a mixup?

Shut yo ass up.

I didn't read the previous post, but all mixups aren't 50/50.

They're only 50/50 when you HAVE to guess, because both options are too fast to react to.

But please correct me if I'm getting into something I shouldn't; that's just what I've understood 50/50 situations to be.
    Mains: Whoever has to press the most buttons
    Subs: Poster boys & top tiers
    ---
    It's all fun & games till I put away the TE stick and troll you with C. Viper on Dualshock 3.
    lol im starting to like this thread, whenever tiers get brought up shit gets hot and heavy.

ive gotten banned so many times in TZ due to my love to instigate and feed trolls in a flame war. i love reading them, it is some of the most hilarious things to read in life.

laughter is good for the soul. scientifically it releases endorphins which is healthy.
  • frostycykefrostycyke Optic..wha? Joined: Posts: 735
    scientifically it releases endorphins which is healthy

So does eating chocalate, and having an orgasm.

Quick everyone! watch prime Seinfield, while eating a snickers and rubbing one out to Lili, who is top 3.
    PSN-Frostycyke

Shut yo ass up.

RLX can get predictable. Not to mention all you have to do is generic D+4 to knock Chreddy out of it. The only decent options for getting damage are RLX+3~4 and RLX+4~3. Sadly for RLX+4~3, you can block the first hit and then low-parry the second or just block the whole thing and punish.

It is useful in certain situations with the variety of safe pokes it has but it shouldn't be relied on heavily. It's almost like you kind of have to play Chreddy as if they didn't have RLX.
    So does eating chocalate, and having an orgasm.

Quick everyone! watch prime Seinfield, while eating a snickers and rubbing one out to Lili, who is top 3.

awwww no sex for you so you rub one out for the organism, tsk tsk.
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    so...how bout the Lee wall game?

just goofin. one thing about T6 is that it's going to be hella crazy trying to get everyone's matchup down.
    I don't got those.
    RLX can get predictable. Not to mention all you have to do is generic D+4 to knock Chreddy out of it. The only decent options for getting damage are RLX+3~4 and RLX+4~3. Sadly for RLX+4~3, you can block the first hit and then low-parry the second or just block the whole thing and punish.

It is useful in certain situations with the variety of safe pokes it has but it shouldn't be relied on heavily. It's almost like you kind of have to play Chreddy as if they didn't have RLX.

Hiya NAKM, didn't realize you were on this forum... Still running that nasty lili?

Anyway, chreddy has ways to force the mix-up where a generic d+4 will get beaten out, it's just a matter of setting those options up.. I mean, if you want to get technical, if chreddy isn't at +f I think you can still SW and beat both options, although you'll take 1 hit from the low, but the launch won't happen. I know this worked in DR, but not so sure in T6 so correct me if I'm wrong. You can also hop over if chreddy isn't +f the second you see him/her going into relax.

It's actually still a very good stance, as it's extremely evasive, gives a dangerous guessing game, and the worst that can happen is a float so no one gets a full launch + juggle for the most part.

Shut yo ass up.

You're a scrub....just stop talking.
    It's actually still a very good stance, as it's extremely evasive, gives a dangerous guessing game, and the worst that can happen is a float so no one gets a full launch + juggle for the most part.

:bgrin: So you think.
    so...how bout the Lee wall game?

just goofin. one thing about T6 is that it's going to be hella crazy trying to get everyone's matchup down.

yeah GL with that, im just going to concentrate on matchups with high tier characters.

:bgrin: So you think.

Who can get a full launch on Chreddy during RLX?

Risk vs Reward, when RLX is used properly, is definitely in Chreddy's favor.
    yeah GL with that, im just going to concentrate on matchups with high tier characters.

Do that and you'll have a Raven player wipe the floor with you because you didn't know your opponent.

Every single character in tekken can murder you, and tekken is a game that there are high-level players that use every single character. Mark my words, I'd say there's a 90% chance a Kuma player wins Strong Style...

Seriously though, this isn't a capcom title, people don't just flock to the top-tier in tekken. They use the character they've been using in most cases, and there are players for every single character in the line up that will run through you if you don't know that match up.

YOU JUST DON'T KNOW! lol

Oh and matchups don't make this game. Every character can rape every character, it's all player skill.

Do that and you'll have a Raven player wipe the floor with you because you didn't know your opponent.

Every single character in tekken can murder you, and tekken is a game that there are high-level players that use every single character. Mark my words, I'd say there's a 90% chance a Kuma player wins Strong Style...

Seriously though, this isn't a capcom title, people don't just flock to the top-tier in tekken. They use the character they've been using in most cases, and there are players for every single character in the line up that will run through you if you don't know that match up.

i completely agree, the thing is i dont have time to learn 40 matchups, i can learn ten pretty easily and be ok with that. Learning every character match would be impossible for me anyway, i dont live near an arcade, i can play online( worthless ) and with the few people who live around me who play.
    You can actually use online to learn the match ups if the connection holds up. A lot of people are doing the same. You could have an arcade 2 doors down and still not be exposed to top-level talent of every character, trust me on that.

Online is no where near as useless as people say it is. If you can defend well online, you'll be a beast at defense offline. If you can break throws online you'll be an insane throw breaker off line. It also gets your execution timing down, because you learn to perform stuff purely from muscle memory by playing online.

Is it the same as offline? No... Some really tight window punishment becomes almost impossible.

Can you learn from playing online? Yes.... You can.

Also, you're in chi-town... There's quite a few players out there man... Now that I think about it, I think there's 2 arcades out there with T6.
  • 16 Bit16 Bit High Definition Graphics Joined: Posts: 77
    there's a tournament in chicago area tomorrow http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=114920
    Is it the same as offline? No... Some really tight window punishment becomes almost impossible.

This makes characters like Bob and Nina pretty disadvantaged during OL matchups though. When your character relies a lot on +- frames and HC's, the 2-3 frame delay turns your offline game on its head, forcing you to play differently. Even on 4 bar connections, it makes it impossible to HC stuff, so things like Bob's df1>2 poke, which is a golden HC offline, is actually a risk to do online (since you can't HC, you're throwing out a full df12, whether or not the 1 is blocked).

It doesn't affect everyone to that extent though. I learned Leo pretty quickly because she doesn't need HC's and frame traps as much as Bob does.
    If Tekken had a character that was a ball-sack, and it was playable, I'm pretty sure people would own with it. -FlyMike
  • MastapopoMastapopo REAL TALK, Midol son Joined: Posts: 678

Any character who has a generic hop kick gets a full launch on ch off of all rlx options. This includes lees u/f+4.

As far as prince goes, he could win or tongbal.love or rain. Don't count out mdj if he shows up...
    Hi, I am a Tekken player.
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 6,269
    YOU JUST DON'T KNOW! lol

Oh and matchups don't make this game. Every character can rape every character, it's all player skill.

this is even more a reason this game is so mixed/fairly balanced because everyone plays differently...which means it's really a matter of what you know you can do with your character and just how good does your opponent know their character and their tools.

yes...this isn't SF for sure...
    I don't got those.
    Hiya NAKM, didn't realize you were on this forum... Still running that nasty lili?

Anyway, chreddy has ways to force the mix-up where a generic d+4 will get beaten out, it's just a matter of setting those options up.. I mean, if you want to get technical, if chreddy isn't at +f I think you can still SW and beat both options, although you'll take 1 hit from the low, but the launch won't happen. I know this worked in DR, but not so sure in T6 so correct me if I'm wrong. You can also hop over if chreddy isn't +f the second you see him/her going into relax.

I'm not so confident in it. Generic hopkicks interrupt the process of Chreddy going into RLX which is annoying and obviously crush any lows coming from it. I tend to do RLX before a predicted high string and then punish, but it is useful most against the wall. After I bound my opponent I go for D+2, 3 to disable tech rolls obviously. Afterwards RLX+1, 3~D will keep them on the floor whether they try to stand straight up or roll to the side. Stupid! 0_o

And yeah, Lili is still my main. Although now I have Julia and Nina added so now those three are my top for T6.
    Any character who has a generic hop kick gets a full launch on ch off of all rlx options. This includes lees u/f+4.

As far as prince goes, he could win or tongbal.love or rain. Don't count out mdj if he shows up...

Test first...

Hop kick WHIFFS 4~3, and it only causes a minor float on 3~4 where very few characters can get much to follow up(bruces d/f+1,2 whiffs as they're too low when you land). Just tried it out myself. Meaning, the big 50/50 from RLX is impervious to thou hop-kick. Best case scenario is you go over chreddy on 4~3...

Yes, this includes Lee's u/f+4.

Also, with the way prince has just ran through all challengers, I see him being the man to beat at SS.
    there's a tournament in chicago area tomorrow http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=114920

thanks for that post.

and i dont hit up arcades cuz im a broke ass motherfucker:lame:

And irregardless of rlx mixups being solid Eddie is a fucking good ass character in T6 and he can hold his own against just about anyone. plus hes flashy as hell and everything he does looks baller.

Nope, not entirely true. Really depends on the character.
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Get on my level Joined: Posts: 1,684
    I fear chreddy more than anyone in the cast. fuck those guys.

Yet youre the one who says an AAA tier character has a weak mixup game. RLX is GODLIKE.

Match footage is much more credible than your dollar store opinion.:lol:

For starters, thats not true.

And second, RLX mixups are for pressure strings and wall shenanigans. If you go directly into RLX you run the risk of getting hit. You dont have to worry about getting comboes off a hopkick when you are in RLX while they are grounded. HELLO.:rolleyes:
    Do you want us to prove it scrubs? Because we can. RLX mixups aren't that good. A hopkick beats out every option. Some hopkicks like Law's for instance have low hitboxes. We're not sure if it's every single hopkick but a handfull of them do.
    Do you want us to prove it scrubs? Because we can. RLX mixups aren't that good. A hopkick beats out every option. Some hopkicks like Law's for instance have low hitboxes. We're not sure if it's every single hopkick but a handfull of them do.

alright this arguement is retarded..... e1j1 no offense dude but your taking this too far, your starting a huge flame war over nothing. Chreddy has numerous 50/50 mixups off of RLX that lead to good dmg and possible relaunch setups... period you cant fucking argue that.

theres no point in sitting here and swinging e-dicks and scrub calling over stupid shit. Were a fucking community here, start acting like it.

Were a bunch of people who spend our free time mastering juggles and memorizing frame data, and then we come here to discuss with other people what we know and find people to make us better. Were kind of a bunch of losers so instead of trolling eachother lets get some shit done.

i cant record video so can someone confirm what i already know about chreddy.

/rant end
  • MastapopoMastapopo REAL TALK, Midol son Joined: Posts: 678
    Test first...

Hop kick WHIFFS 4~3, and it only causes a minor float on 3~4 where very few characters can get much to follow up(bruces d/f+1,2 whiffs as they're too low when you land). Just tried it out myself. Meaning, the big 50/50 from RLX is impervious to thou hop-kick. Best case scenario is you go over chreddy on 4~3...

Yes, this includes Lee's u/f+4.

Also, with the way prince has just ran through all challengers, I see him being the man to beat at SS.

I did test this. I'm not sure how you are testing this but let me describe. During the initial start up, hop kicks (Law's, AK's etc.) as well as Lee's u/f+4 beat it clean for a full launch at range 0.

Since you didn't test this right, let me explain how we tested this. Go into practice and have chreddy do b+3,3. Eddy goes into rlx. If you do a hopkick right after, since he is not doing a move the hop kick will will just tag the person in rlx and they'll be pushed back. Part 2, Grab a friend (this is where not having command capture really sucks). Block b+3,3 and have your friend do any rlx follow ups right after it was blocked. Laws hop kick will own them all for free, including 4~3. Granted this situation may seem specific, however if someone is keeps going into rlx to create "mixups" eventually they will get tagged for a full launch if the opponent knows this and anticipates you going into rlx.

I'm pretty sure rip confirmed this in one of the tier list threads on TZ...

I don't think anyone will debate that rlx is a very important part of Chreddy's game, however its best used to generate whiffs / punish. It's a much better alternative to ducking / stepping.

I can create a vid next week with commands displayed in case people want to see this without having to have people over, or they don't understand.

I agree with jarekov, lets try to keep this on topic. Point, counter point. No need to call people scrubs. e1j1, stop being an e-thug.
    Hi, I am a Tekken player.
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Hero for fun Joined: Posts: 3,933
    Shin Oni wrote:
    Plus You're getting a bit of an advantage when Moku runs with Bears/Jack since your limbs are longer. More reach, more to work with.
    I think he only has longer legs. Jack and the Bears look like they have some pretty gigantic arms, their kicks are their flaws though.

Listening to : Nas / N.W.A / ChocQuibTown / David Wise / Kool Keith / Sadistik / Undogmatic

alright this arguement is retarded..... e1j1 no offense dude but your taking this too far, your starting a huge flame war over nothing. Chreddy has numerous 50/50 mixups off of RLX that lead to good dmg and possible relaunch setups... period you cant fucking argue that.

theres no point in sitting here and swinging e-dicks and scrub calling over stupid shit. Were a fucking community here, start acting like it.

Were a bunch of people who spend our free time mastering juggles and memorizing frame data, and then we come here to discuss with other people what we know and find people to make us better. Were kind of a bunch of losers so instead of trolling eachother lets get some shit done.

i cant record video so can someone confirm what i already know about chreddy.

/rant end

Ill stop being lazy and upload my christie match videos when i get back from wal mart.

Somebody spam my pm box so I dont forget.
  • sh1ftysh1fty TheUberCast.com ! Joined: Posts: 325
    Either way, I hate fighting against Chreddy :(

www.theubercast.com ! Give us a listen and support a newly forming podcast!
    And I hate fighting against Alisa.