Comp in Okinawa, Japan?

magneto_xmagneto_x Spirit of TruthJoined: Posts: 1,339
Is there any arcades and comp in Okinawa, Japan?

Do tell please!
azn anjelz productions
STAFF
Originally posted by Evil Rahsaan

Who are you again? Oh yah...., that's right some random scrub talking shit to everyone over the internet because he's too busy spending his life in his moms basement, jacking off to srk flame wars. Dont try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, i come back from an hour class and you already responded to my post. Dont you have something better to do, besides going though all 8 stages on your dc in mvc2 on level 3 and thinking you are a good player.

TRY BEATING SOMEONE WHO BLOCKS!

Those crazy Dutch sumovabitches..Who would have known?...

-Haiku-
Magneto Rushdown
Sentinal Unblockable
Your Character Dead

Comments

• kinkey21kinkey21 Joined: Posts: 132
    there are a few arcades on okinawa. we gots ST, 3s, mvc2, cvs2, tvc, sf4, t6br, vf5, arcanas, lots of kof, melty blood and all that other shit. but all these are mixed up at all the different places. most comp is for tekken tho
  • m00bm00b Joined: Posts: 613
    Hey Jesse.. what the hell happened to the SEGA on 58? It's a Family Mart now.. I just got back on Saturday night..
    <TG> Leave me alone I'm jerkin' to Boots
    <TG> Still jerking to Boots.. eyesight blurry
  • xero15xero15 Follow me on Twitter Joined: Posts: 4,069
    yo chris you living out in japan now?
    I blame... the new generation for wanting things to be easy :annoy:
    I'm that Spider-man guy... or better yet, just call me Z
    If you don't like change you'll like irrelevance even less.
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    Ah... good times in Oki. SEGA has many of those games. If the SEGA you are referring to is the one by the Naval Hospital... hopefully it isn't, but last time I was over there it had most of those games, but arcades are scattered throughout Okinawa and your best place to play games are by Gate2 street. Lots of Tekken comp mainly.
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
    Yeah.. there's the jungle.. which I'm not a fan of.. and some SFIV machines at the Koza Music Plaza. I don't feel like driving to Round 1 just to check if anyone is there.. DAMN YOU FAMILY MART! You shut down the most convenient arcade for gaijin...
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    They closed Sega on 58? The fuck?
    I'm on vacation until the 2nd.. Let me know if anyone wants to get together and play some matches after then.
  • HeLGeN-XHeLGeN-X Pro Kramer Joined: Posts: 351
    Yo, you probably won't get this message till then, but I will go to Monkey House in Fukuoka, I am living in Sasebo right now which isn't too far from Okinawa and Fukuoka is between both of us...

If you get this message, PM me and let's meet up, otherwise, we can meet up and go to Monkey House and try to enter one of those ranbats for 3S or any other game... Just message me basically for any chilling, Okinawa is driving distance.
    I don't think you know where Okinawa is... Okinawa is a tropical island almost 1,000 miles south of Japan..
    whoaaaaaaaaaaa

hey whats up errybody. been on vacation for about a month. be back in oki in a couple of days.

lets battle
    There has to be more than 3 of us who play on Okinawa.. we're looking at doing a weekly fight night on Okinawa..

Post up if you're interested..
  • JizzonJizzon ...or Thenarus, whichever. Joined: Posts: 650
    I'm definitely down for CvS2 @ Koza Music Town or SFIV anytime we could arrange a meeting. HDR or 3S too, if anyone feels like having a get-together or a base tourney. When do you guys get together, and what do you play?
    It's something we're trying to figure out.. finding a location / time / etc to play..
    As for what I play.. just a 3S / SFIV scrub..
    did i hear cvs2????

i play sf4 and cvs2 but i can get down on pretty much any other sf game.

im usually down to play as long as im not working but that can be very random times.
    Hell yeah CvS2! Well I work nights during the week (usually until 10-11), so any night I can get out on the earlier side of that, mornings, or weekends...I'm definitely down. Let me know when you're free man!
    ok ok sooo im off this tue and wed if anyone wants to battle
    Is that you Roberto? I just ordered 2 new TE-S SSFIV sticks for PS3 from Amazon.. so now all I need is my disc back.. I hope they'll be here before this weekend. When SSFIV comes out here I'll run down to GEO and grab a Japanese copy and then it's on.
    ok ok sooo im off this tue and wed if anyone wants to battle

Where, and what time? I wouldn't be able to get anywhere before 10:00PM at the earliest those two days, unless you want to do something earlier in the day, like around noon or so. Let me know!
    jizzon: if you want lets play at noon today. gullivers on gate 2 has both those games but im not sure where else does.

m00b: roberto=lostnforgotten. also come out at lunch time!!
    Shit, I read this too late! Can you do tomorrow at the same time? I'll go there regardless, so even if I don't get this I'll be there. And by there, I mean Koza Music Town ;)
    JIZZON: yessir

MooB: lets go to gullivers tonight! GOGOGO
    Gotta pick up the fiancee tonight.. just about to leave for the airport.
  • DemarcusDemarcus スピ、本当? Joined: Posts: 770
    I'll be back in Okinawa soon hopefully I can play with some of you, I won't be there too long seeing as how as a final stop I'mma end up back in Kasuka. it's not a military move because i'm not in the military lol just going back home is all.
    I'll be back in Okinawa soon hopefully I can play with some of you, I won't be there too long seeing as how as a final stop I'mma end up back in Kasuka. it's not a military move because i'm not in the military lol just going back home is all.

YO! post up when your coming so we can play. we need as many players as we can get!!!!
    tondashocka is coming to Oki sometime.. finally some people to play with..
    GGS to kinkey21! Thanks for reality checking me in CvS2 =P Gulliver is a sweet little FG arcade, good call on that too.

On another note, anyone wanting to hold console sessions or tournaments, or that has any information about the ones that run (like at Foster), PLEASE POST HERE. I've got a pretty good capture device on the way, so match vids could be recorded. 360 and PS3 TE FightSticks too, which I'm happy to bring along depending on the console to be used.
    Are you off this weekend Jesse? We should do something this weekend console wise. I didn't know that Foster had a scene. Roberto hasn't posted since the last Okinawa thread in summer last year. Since SSFIV comes out on the 28th here.. I think we should get together and play a bit. I'll be at work but I'll toss you the yen to pick up a PS3 copy at GEO if you're off Jesse. Hopefully my new TE's should be in by the end of the week.
    jizzon: goog games dood! nice meeting you. also, foster tournys?! what?

m00b: i have work sat. night but im free til about 6pm tho. dont know about sun yet. and ya i can pick up whatever just let me know

sooo games on sat afternoon
    Saturday's good for me during the day; I could just meet you at Koza or Gulliver, whichever you prefer. 080 4365 1050

As for the Foster tournaments, they used to run a monthly SFIV one out there, but it's been awhile since I've attended one so I don't know how they're doing now. The possibility and interest are sure to be there at the very least (especially once Super hits), so if there isn't anything in development, we should help make that happen.
    I'm thinking Saturday around 11.. grab something to eat and play some SF. Koza or Gulliver's is fine for me also.. just got my cell phone back 090 6865 4124
    Sounds good man. It might be easier/more efficient for us all to park by the USO at Kadena, then carpool. At 11, all of the fast food places are open, so there's Hotto Motto, Coco Ichibanya, McDonalds, and so on; we can figure it out when we meet up. USO @ 1100...that work for everyone?

EDIT: Shit, I totally spaced that I have a final Saturday morning! I won't be able to make it out until around 1300. So...just let me know where you guys will be, and I'll meet you there as soon as I can.
    CoCoooooos!!

i gotta work late tonight and i might have to do some shit in the morning. so maybe around 12or13 for me also. ill call

my# 080-3977-6598
    13 is fine then.. we'll do that. Also news.. both of my SSFIV TE-S sticks came in.. just need a PS3 copy of SF4 since Roberto still has my disc.
    I have a PS3 copy of SFIV we can use. So, Coco's, then game on, sweet.
    So if we don't want to bust yen out we can play at someone's place. My dorm room is kind of small but we can play there. I don't have a 360 or a backwards compatible PS3 so it's SF4 or HDR.
    AEYTCH DEE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Always down for that! Should I bring a chair...? We can discuss everything together as a group at Coco's.
    I've got a couch and a chair... no table though if playing on a table top is your thing.. lap play =\
    Good games to Jizzon and Kinkey.. got beasted in HDR by Jizzon.. Fun games of CvS2.. scrubby R4K Guile for the win..
    GGs 2 errybody!!

i want more hdr matches
    He destroyed our souls.. T.Hawk shenannigans..
    LOL well I've played HDR quite a bit more than the other fighters recently, and T.Hawk is a bastard. Whenever you guys are down for more matches of anything, especially HDR and SSFIV once it hits, just let me know and we'll make it happen. GGS yesterday!
    Little over two weeks and we'll be getting it on til the break of dawn when SSFIV comes out.
    We should take leave for the rest of that week :lol:
    I've been trying to find info online about the SFIV tournaments they used to hold @ Foster...with no luck. I first heard about them on the radio; it was at their club, down below in the diner area. The reason I'm bringing this up is because we should definitely help define a scene out here and encourage people to get in and see what it's about. To do that, we're going to have to be able to advertise and organize, of course!

Venues should be easy enough to secure; for consoles, there are plenty of options with use of base facilities, so long as we can get them secured in advance. Equipment-wise, we have all of the systems and controllers covered, really, and even some TVs we can bring. (Hell, we'll be able to record match vids soon too, yay!) Another nice thing about playing on base is the chance to get "sponsored" by the Club or something; there's probably money or prizes to be had if we know where to look, along with the usual entry pool splits.

The question is, where to begin the search? The Community Center would be a good start, possibly the hobby shops...
    I know there used to be a video game swap on Saturdays at the Schilling... Jesse played in a tourney in the Med Group so there's definitely a lot of other Americans that play.
    maybe when ssf4 drops we should post something on japanupdate.

gullivers is the shit. been goin there like everyday. ranking battles last night for sf4. got scraped.
    wednesdays from 18 til 21 is 300yen free play for sf4. mondays from 18 til 21 300yen free play
    for cvs2, marvel and 3s

going again tonight around 5 or 6.

Jizzon: i wanna hdr lesson
    Are you off tonight? I've been hitting the practice mode in HDR.
    I work nights, so anytime during the day before 1400 works for me. Next week I'll be on days though, so maybe I can make it out to Gulliver's.
    Dude, listing just came out for assignments and I could be getting stationed at Travis. I might see you back stateside Jesse.
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    Time for one of the originals to post I guess. I was in Oki from 2k1-2k8, so I dunno how many other things have changed.

There are basically 3 "regions" for Oki players, the furthest north arcade that gets regular players is Gulliver behind Kadena, the furthest south is Naha(a few out there). You guys in the northern camps, don't bother looking for anything up there, there is NOTHING. I have searched for 2 of those 7 years, so save the gas and go south.

North
    First, Re: Hitech Sega Chatan Plaza(the one on the 58)
    This closed last August, and all of the community there moved to
    Club Sega in American Village(behind Jusco). This is pretty much the hub for Tekken for the northern section of the (arcade inhabited)island, and has been one of 2 consistent SBO qual spots(the other being Game in Naha 1/2). IIRC this year they also have SF4 quals. This arcade has the most people that actually remember me. lol

Dragon Palace
    Has misc FGs, but is notable in having most racing games and was(when I left) one of the last places in Oki to have the Deluxe F-Zero AX cabs. They have long since erased my records off of there if they still have it. =/

Gulliver
    If you get there before midnight, they will let you hang out till they close which depending on who's working and how many are around can be as late as 4AM....lol Good for you gold carders/non-Marines. They should have SF4/T6/VF5 and a selection of old school 2D games.

Yumekuukan

There's an old busted up building on the opposite corner of the 58 from Foster, the one with that bar on the top whose name eludes me atm. On the first floor is an arcade which is pretty much like the Okinawa ver of CF without the amazing players. You can go here if you have nothing better to do around Foster and wanna get some random games in, their selection is pretty random. IF it still exists.

Central
    Amusement Space Eagle and Eagle 2
    These arcades are over by Kinser, Eagle 2 is right off the 58 by Kinser Gate 1(walking distance for anyone down there). Eagle 1 is a little further north, as you're heading back towards Futenma. The exact way to get there is to go north from Kinser Gate 3 on the 58, you'll pass by the 58 Bypass(there's a huge AnW on the right). You'll see a forked path before you continue going off to the left and up the hill to Futenma, you take the right at this overpass(kinda hard to miss, it's the only major road over there), and head uphill for a bit. Once the hill levels out you'll see a Pachislot joint, and right after that you'll see Eagle 1 on the right. Both of these arcades are on the small side, but have solid KOF, T6 and VF players. Eagle 2 is the meeting place for the central area players. These are pretty much the only 2 arcades in that area. Just like the big gap between Club Sega/Gulliver/etc and Eagle, Eagle 2 is the last thing you'll see worth going into until Naha.

South
    Game In Naha/ GIN 2
    GIN is easy to miss if you're not looking, but it's on Kokusai Street dead center in one of the busiest areas of central Naha. Once you find that, then walk about 2-3 blocks further down and you'll find another arcade which I never got the chance to translate the name of. The other GIN is supposedly a block or so south from the first one, but I've never found it. It's pretty buried in the area back there.

Game In Naha is more often than not the Okinawa Qual(final qual) for SBO. They usually have the latest games, several T6/VF machines, and whatever is hot. They are usually VERY busy because of the location. Do NOT expect to get parking nearby.

This isn't a complete list, and I'm just going off of 2 year old memories. Hopefully you guys have JP cellphones and some knowledge of the language, you should be able to find the other arcades using the GPSs that should be built into most models nowadays.

Re: MCCS support/local on base community building
    You guys have it WAY easier than we did, since SF4 came out. But basically you get with the club managers and SMP managers, tell them what you'd like to do, and they should have no problems with you using the facilities. Army-side it should be easier, but I dunno and StridaJin is in Afghan sooooo

Just print out fliers and see who you snag up. I met 2 great players that way, one dude was basically offering his XBox(old one) to anyone that could beat him in 3S.

Good luck guys, and by all means try to talk to the locals. The regulars back at Club Sega are all cool dudes, and will try to talk to you given the chance. Some even know pretty good English! Hell, almost everyone is chill as fuck, I've hung out, drank and played casuals with these guys for years. Don't get stuck thinking you have to stick to the Americans.
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind