Comp in Okinawa, Japan?

Comments

• m00bm00b Joined: Posts: 613
    I didn't know you were here on Oki until 08. I got here in 06. Anyway, I checked out the American Village SEGA and wasn't impressed. We just go to Gullivers now. I was kind of angry when I came back from Afghanistan and SEGA was closed, but I guess it turned out for the better since I didn't know about Gullivers and it has a better selection of fighting games than the old SEGA (minus ST)

Do you know where JOYBOX is on Okinawa? I played BR against this female local and her card read JOYBOX. I couldn't get much more than it wasn't the one in Tokyo and that there is one on island
    <TG> Leave me alone I'm jerkin' to Boots
    <TG> Still jerking to Boots.. eyesight blurry
  • kinkey21kinkey21 Joined: Posts: 132
    saotome kaneda: thanks for posting some good info.

ive been to both eagle1/2 but 99.9% of players are there for tekken and vf.

ive also been to one of the game in naha. not sure if it was 1or2 but it was not actually on kokusai st. its like on the next block. but def. game in naha. at the time they had sf4, 3s, st, vf and tekken. that shits far. gullivers is 2awesome.

lets go to gullivers.... anyone wanna go tonight call me or post up
    SBO quals - Gulliver's, July 10th. Be there. I just want to see the players it attracts.

http://www.tougeki.com/schedule?week_id=&game_id=sf4&area_id=&block_id=F-2

Schedule here. You can translate with google.. but to sum it up

10 July - Gullivers
    11 July - Game in Naha 2
    18 July - Chatan SEGA
  • Saotome KanedaSaotome Kaneda Watch your back Joined: Posts: 5,332 mod
    Disclaimer: I am a Tekken player, so all of my exp was primarily Tekken scene-based.
    I didn't know you were here on Oki until 08. I got here in 06. Anyway, I checked out the American Village SEGA and wasn't impressed. We just go to Gullivers now. I was kind of angry when I came back from Afghanistan and SEGA was closed, but I guess it turned out for the better since I didn't know about Gullivers and it has a better selection of fighting games than the old SEGA (minus ST)

Do you know where JOYBOX is on Okinawa? I played BR against this female local and her card read JOYBOX. I couldn't get much more than it wasn't the one in Tokyo and that there is one on island
    The only prob with Gulliver back when Hitech was around, is that not many ppl went to Gulliver until later in the night. But yes, most of the smaller arcades tend to have a larger selection of FGs. There are 3 little spots off of Koza 4 Corners(one is to the west, closer to Gate 2 on Gate 2 Street, the other is north on the 329, maybe a block down, and another even further, maybe 3 blocks when it starts to go downhill again) that are similar, but Gulliver is the best one concerning overall skill.

Club Sega is horribly mismanaged when it comes to FGs, and I'm still pissed that Hitech closed. Then again, Hitech didn't have all the fucking card games, horse racers, and purikura to support it like Club Sega did so it was a matter of time....

I'll get back to you on JOYBOX. I remember finding it once. I remember it being north of Kokusai Street though, as I had to go there for a Tougeki qual back in '05.
    saotome kaneda: thanks for posting some good info.

ive been to both eagle1/2 but 99.9% of players are there for tekken and vf.

ive also been to one of the game in naha. not sure if it was 1or2 but it was not actually on kokusai st. its like on the next block. but def. game in naha. at the time they had sf4, 3s, st, vf and tekken. that shits far. gullivers is 2awesome.

lets go to gullivers.... anyone wanna go tonight call me or post up
    No prob, I wish I was still there. lol Like my disclaimer says, I'm a 3d FGer, so yeah, my impressions are towards those games.

That was GIN2. That one is way the fuck off the main street, not really worth it for where it is.
    Original Team Sp00ky Member - Only the finest of Poverty™ Gaming Hipster™
    Comic-Z vs Super Metroid Watch if you want to lose your mind
  • JizzonJizzon ...or Thenarus, whichever. Joined: Posts: 650
    Hey team, great games this weekend. Gulliver kicks so much ass!

I went to the BX last night; they confirmed that they will be receiving plenty of 360 and PS3 copies of SSFIV on the 27th :woot:
    YES ggs to everyone this weekend.

also, sf4 ranbat mon, tue, thu and fri this week starting at 8pm i believe

Jizzon: call in sick its ok

:wasted:
    Oh shit. I guess I don't need to buy a Japanese copy..
    I'll be on days next week, just in time for SSFIV and some ranbats. Have a feeling we'll all be seeing a lot more of each other soon :wgrin:

kinkey, I vaguely remember you calling me earlier about HDR; haha sorry if I was out of it (was riding at about three hours of sleep at that point). Anytime you can give me at least a day in advance, I'm down man.
    SSFIV matches tomorrow.. you game?
    Totally.
    What a night! SSFIV's amazing; many thanks to kinkey for picking it up, and moob for letting us jam at his place all day. Great games! I may have nightmares about Rose and Guile tonight, heh.
    ggs everybody. that was fun.

just waiting for my copy so i can practice
    It was definitely fun. Also.. Guile with shades getting Rose Ultra 1'd is probably the coolest thing ever.
  • HeLGeN-XHeLGeN-X Pro Kramer Joined: Posts: 351
    I am talking by plane. Forgot to mention that, it's like around 10000y. I got family there and might visit soon.
    You guys down for setting up at the community center this weekend? I'll go tomorrow or Thursday before work and check their policies, but it shouldn't be a problem. I'd like to jump in head-first and set up a tournament for maybe the end of the month, just to see what kind of reactions we can get. The biggest thing would be advertising...
    ahh i finally got a little sleep.

im down but i have work at 1830 on fri and sat. im pretty sure i work at 1400 on sun.

at the community center dont they usually post fliers for like monthly tournys for fps??
    You guys free Friday night?
    work from 1830 to 0030 but im probably down before or after
    I'll be at work until 2200-2300, after which I'm definitely down for a set. Might be able to get out earlier; if I do I'll give you a call.
    yooo!

lets get some games in! im off today tue and wed
    Moving off base this week. I'll let you know if I'm available.
    cool

just let me know if you need help
    Likewise; we have a four-day weekend, so any gaming or moving you want to do, I'm down for =D
    yooooyoooyoo

lets get some games in this saturday!! i have work at 1830
    !!!bump for games!!!
    GGS kinkey21; we have to get in more matches before you head out man. So happy Gulliver got SF2 back, and they'll have KOFXIII in a few weeks, woo!

Also, oozing head wounds suck.
    Glad to meet Sal and David @ Gulliver tonight! I left there after 0100, and there was still a crowd around the KOF XIII machines. How to learn the game without getting crushed every time...

moob, if you read this, I have some books you let Jessie borrow. That, and we need to get together again and rock some Street Fighter =)

kinkey21, hope all is well for you back in the States. Miss playing you already.
    Still in Florida.. doing BS work. Went to Universal though.. I think the one in California is better. The Simpson's Ride is sweet though..
    David and Sal...when do you guys hit Gulliver during the week? And when are you making it back, m00b?

Gulliver switched their machines around a little bit again. The Samurai Spirits/KOF2002/Garou machine is in the back next to Hyper SF2, they got VF5:FS and the newest Melty Blood, SvC Chaos is on the multi-machine in the back (maybe it was all along; never noticed it until tonight)...and they have fucking RAINBOW EDITION SF2. I can't stop laughing long enough to win a round XD

They still don't have CvS2 or MvC2 back out on the floor yet though, bummer. I do like that they keep their floor "fresh" by rotating through older games.
  • magneto_xmagneto_x Spirit of Truth Joined: Posts: 1,339
    I would love to play when I get there, I will be on Kadena Afb on the 20th of this month for a while.
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF
    Originally posted by Evil Rahsaan

Who are you again? Oh yah...., that's right some random scrub talking shit to everyone over the internet because he's too busy spending his life in his moms basement, jacking off to srk flame wars. Dont try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, i come back from an hour class and you already responded to my post. Dont you have something better to do, besides going though all 8 stages on your dc in mvc2 on level 3 and thinking you are a good player.

TRY BEATING SOMEONE WHO BLOCKS!

Those crazy Dutch sumovabitches..Who would have known?...

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
    I'm back.. when are you working? Still swings? I have something going on Friday night and during the day Saturday though...
    I'm back.. when are you working? Still swings? I have something going on Friday night and during the day Saturday though...

When I get there I'm going to be on Day shift on base.
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF

Who are you again? Oh yah...., that's right some random scrub talking shit to everyone over the internet because he's too busy spending his life in his moms basement, jacking off to srk flame wars. Dont try to deny it, it's pretty obvious, i come back from an hour class and you already responded to my post. Dont you have something better to do, besides going though all 8 stages on your dc in mvc2 on level 3 and thinking you are a good player.

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
    I'm off tonight if you're down for some games! I tried to call you m00b, but it's not wanting to connect; call me back or reply in the next few hours and we can set something up.
    GGS all! I'll keep working on my Chuns for Sunday's Hyper SFII 2on2 tourney. m00b, will you be my Guile buddy for it?
    Yep.. still not sure if I want CE or WW Guile...
  • mikeftbmikeftb Joined: Posts: 8
    Could somebody give me the run down of the local arcades? So far I've been able to find the one by the music store (Kozu music?), but that doesn't seem to be the one most people play at from reading the rest of this thread as they only have SFIV and none of the older games I've seen mentioned.

I'm going to be in Okinawa for today and Sunday, I mainly play SFIV, but I play most other SF games as well.

Thanks
    Cool, welcome aboard the Oki-train, Mike. The best arcade for fighters is Gulliver; go out Kadena Gate 2 and go straight, past Koza Music Town and the police station, past the turn toward the zoo, down the slight hill where the two gas stations are there's a 4-way stoplight. Gulliver is on the corner just past the light on your lefthand side; it has a yellow sign with blue katakana and some neon around it. (You should be able to see the arcade games inside from the road.) If you see a Hotto Motto on your left, you've just passed Gulliver, but on the road roughly in front of that is where you want to park. There's a 2-on-2 Hyper SFII tourney @ 1900-2000 tomorrow; you should spectate or grab a friend (I might have one there who knows how to play). Look forward to meeting you man!
    Wow...I'm new to random team pairings for tournaments. Was a lot of fun though; god the CE characters are sick.

Most importantly, CvS2 is back out! Woo!
    1 week to go, I can't wait to finally be somewhere else. When I get there can someone please hook me up with some play!!! I'll play anything.
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
    Cool, welcome aboard the Oki-train, Mike. The best arcade for fighters is Gulliver; go out Kadena Gate 2 and go straight, past Koza Music Town and the police station, past the turn toward the zoo, down the slight hill where the two gas stations are there's a 4-way stoplight. Gulliver is on the corner just past the light on your lefthand side; it has a yellow sign with blue katakana and some neon around it. (You should be able to see the arcade games inside from the road.) If you see a Hotto Motto on your left, you've just passed Gulliver, but on the road roughly in front of that is where you want to park. There's a 2-on-2 Hyper SFII tourney @ 1900-2000 tomorrow; you should spectate or grab a friend (I might have one there who knows how to play). Look forward to meeting you man!

Thanks for the really detailed directions, I ended up missing the arcade but saw the hotto motto and was able to find it. The staff and people where really nice and helpful, I even got to play in a random 2on2.

I have no idea when I'm leaving, but I'm going to be there this weekend if I can, hope to see some of you there.

Thanks
    I'll definitely be there Sunday at least, if you can make it then. Anybody else...?
    Thanks for all the good matches on friday, and again for helping me find the place.

Hopefully I can come back before my deployment is done.
    Haha yeah, thanks for beating some of the CvS2 rust off me =P Blanka roll cancelling at its finest, well played man. As of right now I still plan on being there Sunday evening if you'd like to meet up.
    About to board my 12 hour flight over there, fun fun. Someone if able hook me up with anything for games this weekend. ^_^
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
  • Philly-onePhilly-one drakefang Joined: Posts: 1,025
    yo Chris!!!
    make sure you visit Korea when you got time!!
    Ima body you for free :D
    Where are you working / staying at magneto? Not sure if Jon is free this weekend but it shouldn't be too hard to meet up and get some games in..
    I'm free for some games; just let me know when works best for you with a call. We can be Team SSS.
    Was sup peeps, I'm staying at Kadena AB, in the Hotel at the moment on base. Its nice to have internet in here. I don't have a ride yet because I guess this week I'm going to try and get a japanese license and stuff. If you guy's are doing something today then let me know. I think this base has some sort of cerfew or something at starts at 12am. I'm not feelin that, lolz. If anyone can hook me up with a ride. Hit me up with a number and I can call ya, either way give me ya'lls number. It would be tight to here from you guys over the phone.

Yo, philly!!! Was sup nig, when I can I'll take a trip up there. msg me your phone number and email and such.
    azn anjelz productions
    STAFF

-Haiku-
    Magneto Rushdown
    Sentinal Unblockable
    Your Character Dead
  • Zero000Zero000 zerozerpzerb Joined: Posts: 959
    oh that's why you're not going to tourneys here anymore. japan
    "yo straight talk
    GARBAGE PLAYERS GARBAGE PLAYERS GARBAGE PLAYERS!!!"

-umthrfkr
    GGS tonight to mag_x and Velez! Man, you keep some great pressure with Abel, Viper, and Balrog...I gotta step my game up!