CenTex: Killeen - We're Not Dead, We've Moved To Facebok! https://www.facebook.com/groups/146505068

Comments

• ihiryuihiryu Diet Balrog Player !KTB-BC! Joined: Posts: 3,495
    dude srk has been down for me like all day. I kept refreshing it. And I'll be gone for two weeks, so I SHOULD be back in time to make this. I'll check my itenerary later
    "Go f*** yourself." MGX Dudders
  • Shin-RukusShin-Rukus Joined: Posts: 444
    I remember after playing you at the Hastings tournament, I was like damn I hope to see him again one day. So when I saw you again a few weeks ago, I was ready to see how much you improved since then, and after playing you and realized that your game didn't change since then, I was like did he quit the game...

I did bro... If you remember, I was on leave from Iraq, and started playing that game for a week before that tourney, I couldn't find anyone with any actual skill in Iraq, and had to wait to come back home before I could fight anyone again, and EVERYONE surpassed me, but I am taking it back!!!! You and Mr. Ray will no longer be challenges to me after im done!!!!! My SFIV Skills must surpass my T6 Skills
    Currently Playing: Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    MVC3:Akuma, Dante, Cap
    BR:Sho
    SSFIV/AE: Adon, Ken
    SSFIIT: Dee Jay
    Rotendo! Accept my friend request! Also I am thinking of hosting on Friday, if anyone would like to come through, not as cool as Chris's place due to the only having a PS3, but we definitely can get in some SFIV/T6/HD:R/MVC2 and if someone has a VGA Cable, we can get in some 3S/any other CPS3/any CPS2/Any Neogeo
  • Ryu K.Ryu K. Hope never dies Joined: Posts: 318
    ive not had time to practice due to work but eh..we will see what happens
  • UnRiVaLedSk1LLzUnRiVaLedSk1LLz Joined: Posts: 213
    which of balrogs moves are armor breaking?

Always: super, ultra, turnaround, overhead smash, and grand smash
    Depending on range and strength (weak, mid, hard) dash straights can also break
    Many of you say it's hard to get into SFIV but Im guessing any street fighter you guys play is different at first and takes time to learn the new mechanics. Playing sfiv without learning to implement focus is like playing 3s without parry, you're already at a disadvantage. Not saying necessarily you need to use focus but by understanding it can help understand what you and your opponent are capable of.
    Also dont try to rush learning to focus, let it sink in
    shoot it took me about 240 hours to get my balrog to average and from here on out I'll be learning and advancing even more
    just give the game some time guys, if others can move from ST and 3S I'm sure you guys can too
    down for friday after work
    Also to Mr. Rotendo I personally think we're moving a bit too fast, like I feel we as a group need more training and by January I'm doubting that we will all be ready, I know it's more of bringing ppl together but we have to show off to all the ppl if we want them to join us and help out community, combos and flashy moves bring interest, not basic fighting (definetly not saying we shouldn't use basics, just want us to be at a skill level where we can win in style)
  • nmbr1krushnmbr1krush Namijon Joined: Posts: 1,374
    Yall should get in contact with Waco people, they starve for a fighting game scene. Since Killeen is only like 30-40 minutes away.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
    I think Waco is more than that to Killeen...The last I can recall was they were really big into Marvel. But Waco is still a part of 254, but not a part of K-town. Well, I'm sure like the rest of the guys, we welcome everyone who wants to play
  • darkumasdarkumas There's no ESCAPE! Joined: Posts: 387
    I always welcome a challenge :) my game needs alot of improvement. I know alot of the matchups and how to deal with them :) against you guys i sometimes do things that prolly make you wanna pull your hair out but its because i know the match and ive been up against countless amounts of insane matches. so i know what i can get away with when playing a less experienced player :) so dont take it personal.

when it comes to ryu, sagat, ken, rog, bison, blanka, i know those matches in my sleep. the honda's and the akuma's believe it or not im not that familar with nor gen. I know how to fight them but have never really been put in the hot seat against them. so as you can see we all have much to learn.

my number again is 619 253 9460 if you have any questions at all feel free to call. you wanna play and practice some shit hit me up. anyone knows im willing to share whatever info i have with anyone and if i dont know it right then i know where to find it :)

anywhos im jammin right now if anyone wanna get online.
    If we are to become stronger from that which does not kill us, then the limit of one's strength is imeasureable.
    don't worry gavin, one day my honda will make you shit yourself.....cause he's sooo terrible lol
  • Tha ShizzleTha Shizzle Squeeze Just Cuz Joined: Posts: 779
    i think you should try out more characters than just honda. you might find other characters that youd play better with or that youd like more.
    Blazblue CS) Iron Tager Valkenhayn
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
    MvC3) Magneto Dormammu/Frank Wesker
    nah man, honda till I die. I'm telling you man, I'm startin a Honda Army
    lol cant wait man cant wait.

On another subject can anyone make avatars? i need a SICK ASS AVATAR :) im an SF guy for life so it doesnt have to be just a character. but sorta like something that encompasses fighting. if anyone has the ability to make me a SICK ASS AVATAR. please get at me.
    If we are to become stronger from that which does not kill us, then the limit of one's strength is imeasureable.
    contact aberz, he has an account on the site. hes done a couple for me and hell have it done real quick
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
  • DemarcusDemarcus スピ、本当? Joined: Posts: 770
    Pat you know my viper was a beast before I started playing Blaz lol
    Also hopefully you have your capture card by january for the thing rotendo has set up.
    so on my facebook, apparently i'm 100% black lol wtf?
    bored anyone online?
  • pongzterpongzter Joined: Posts: 347
    Scott must be put on the fighters list xP

Pongzter=Scott as you know already (:
  • lets-be-ianlets-be-ian medium hand-> feets! Joined: Posts: 649
    girlfriend is watching the last episode of heroes season 3. i dont believe there is any season 4 on netflix. sooooooooo....... more street fighter for me!!!
    just sayin. im gonna get my photoshop going again so i can make my own avatar perhaps some for ya'll.
    PS how do ya give rep. i just received some but dont know nothin about it.
    SSF4: Gen, Cammy, Ken.
    Tekken 6: Lili, Lars, Leo.
    Thanks to Little_Goten for my awesome twitching avatar!
    I'm starting on the flyers now, what is this tournament called exactly?
    also will there be teams on sf4 or no?
    fuck it time for family guy im going to bed. laterz
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    I'll add you Scott aka Pongzter.

Ray: The fast 'leveling' is the pressure we need to improve out game. The tourney will not happen until probably the 16th (which I believe is plenty of time... about a month) and if you look at what we have accomplished in one week alone, times that by 4! Hell... in one weekend we all damn near leveled up at least twice, some of us three times! I'm not kidding. Tournaments do that to you. You experience and see new things. I even messed with Balrog last night online and was applying everything I've been watching you and Gavin do, won matches, and I don't even know him! Same goes for Jacob, with him playing Dhalsim at my place. We'll talk more later.
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
    I'm starting on the flyers now, what is this tournament called exactly?
    also will there be teams on sf4 or no?

K-Town Brawlers
    Presents:
    The Ultimate Street Fighter!

I don't expect people out there to know about teams or how they run. That idea will be carried forward to the next tournament as it can be advertised during this one.

Jan 16, 2009
    Noon
    @ Hastings
    Sponsored by Bush's Chicken (maybe GameStop too? <I'm working on this)
    hey rodolfo, im down for some sf tonight if you wanna go some rounds
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
    Cool, I was watching Wed Night Fight streams on Justin.TV
    im playin a facebook poker tourney right now ill post once im done
    SSFIV AE) Zangief
    Shin-Rukus: Get at me about the stick (next Friday is payday for me) How used is it and do you still have the box and everything else for it? I'm a stickler for things like that.
    GGs Jacob. Your Bison needs work. You were getting predictable (at least against Dhalsim) The match up is in Bison's favor 6/4. Once I got you to stop jumping so much, I got you grounded and tried playing zone w/tele and mixups which began to work a lot toward the end. EX headstomps > anything! Those were clutch for you in all the close games. Some of my buttons began to stick, so I fucked up a lot. Let's do this again next time! :coffee: :tup:
    girlfriend is watching the last episode of heroes season 3. i dont believe there is any season 4 on netflix. sooooooooo....... more street fighter for me!!!
    just sayin. im gonna get my photoshop going again so i can make my own avatar perhaps some for ya'll.
    PS how do ya give rep. i just received some but dont know nothin about it.

Season 4 is on Netflix and gets updated regularly! You gotta go on your computer to find it and add it to the instant Que, as you won't see it on the PS3's TV List
    Shin-Rukus: Get at me about the stick (next Friday is payday for me) How used is it and do you still have the box and everything else for it? I'm a stickler for things like that.

I do have the original Box, It does not get much playing time, due to the fact that I am always @ Chris's place w/Xbox 360 for real Fighting. I Do have the Original Box, but it also came with Tekken 6, but you are definitely free to it. The only thing it really has with it is the wireless reciever which is still with it.
  • Momo254Momo254 Me Gusta Joined: Posts: 418
    I need to cop a 360 stick for the tourney :)
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Who needs toilet paper when you have the side of your truck?"
  • Maximo254Maximo254 Worst person EVER!!!! >:) Its mod-like!!! Joined: Posts: 1,207
    Don't mean to sound cocky but I'm ready to win! Practicing SFIV a lot more now!

Ready to win? Ha just cause you got 7th at the winter dance doesn't mean nothing. I've step my balrog game up since the last time we battled. So dont go thinking your going to own everybody. Besides we both know your weakness is a mirror match lol
    What you need is a racoon......suckas
    Maximo!!! I need your number bro, you gotta come through on Friday!
    Goten, no Excuses you are coming too bro!!!!
    what time can i come by and get some practice in?
    GGs Jacob. Your Bison needs work. You were getting predictable (at least against Dhalsim) The match up is in Bison's favor 6/4. Once I got you to stop jumping so much, I got you grounded and tried playing zone w/tele and mixups which began to work a lot toward the end. EX headstomps > anything! Those were clutch for you in all the close games. Some of my buttons began to stick, so I fucked up a lot. Let's do this again next time! :coffee: :tup:

Headstomps aren't great, you can just backdash and punish with ultra with most of the cast or depending where he is going to land just Focus. It can be used sometimes on wakeup to get out but you use it too much you run the risk of getting DP'd
  • Maximo254Maximo254 Worst person EVER!!!! >:) Its mod-like!!! Joined: Posts: 1,207
    Maximo!!! I need your number bro, you gotta come through on Friday!
    Goten, no Excuses you are coming too bro!!!!

Yeah I would love to but imma be at work. I won't be off till Saturday evening around 5 or 6ish.
    Anywho so are we doing the usual at chris's house this Saturday or is it going down else where
    Ready to win? Ha just cause you got 7th at the winter dance doesn't mean nothing. I've step my balrog game up since the last time we battled. So dont go thinking your going to own everybody. Besides we both know your weakness is a mirror match lol

7th doesn't mean anything? Ouch

What is going on in here?
    ok home and bored anyone playing anything?????
  • nmbr1krushnmbr1krush Namijon Joined: Posts: 1,374

K-Town Brawlers
    Presents:
    The Ultimate Street Fighter!

I don't expect people out there to know about teams or how they run. That idea will be carried forward to the next tournament as it can be advertised during this one.

Jan 16, 2009
    Noon
    @ Hastings
    Sponsored by Bush's Chicken (maybe GameStop too? <I'm working on this)

will there be free chicken coupons? Might go if Im in that area that weekend.
    Think. Block. Have fun.
  • Momo254Momo254 Me Gusta Joined: Posts: 418
    Advertising at gamestop would draw a lot of people in. Maybe even at the other non-chain gaming stores. :)
    MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Who needs toilet paper when you have the side of your truck?"
    Fri/Sat may possible a no-go for me, unless it's going to be way later in the night. I have two movies to go see, Ninja Assassin, and The prince and the frog....

Scott, this shit better be good, or i'm going to break your leg into eighteen pieces
    I think we should add a 254 AIM/YIM list to the top. Hell or a myspace/facebook/twitter/whatever else list too.

Also anything going on for tonight? Been aching to get a few games in
    I think we should add a 254 AIM/YIM list to the top. Hell or a myspace/facebook/twitter/whatever else list too.

Also anything going on for tonight? Been aching to get a few games in

I dont wanna hear it i been home all damn morning posting who wants to play noone aint saying a darn thing.. ive been playing pathetic scrubs online all damn morning i fear i may have become dumber for doing so. cant imagine someone jumping at me 6 times in a ROW only to get C.FP 6 times in a row. WTF????

Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over over again and expecting a different result each time.
    lol unfortunately I don't own the game to play online, that and I work 10-7 M-S, so I can't really stay at home and play

Lol I'm just messing with you. You know you know you played well out there in Austin.
  • pongzterpongzter Joined: Posts: 347
    Haha, If you liked UP then there's no denying you'll love this one. The VooDoo man is Badass, in my opinion.