The Legend of Zelda thread - Master Sword? Light Arrows? Tunics? Nah son. I'm fighting Ganon naked!

Comments

• chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,078
    How bad is the frame rate issue anyway? Like is it just a slight stutter at times or can it screw up your gameplay to the point where you make mistakes? I mean, the game got such high scores I can't see it being THAT big of a deal, is it?
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,753
    So apparently you can shoot fireflies.

I tried hunting for the first time, had a perfect shot, and was surprised when a firefly flew in the way, got shot, and ended up wasting my arrow. :rofl:
    chadouken! wrote: »
    How bad is the frame rate issue anyway? Like is it just a slight stutter at times or can it screw up your gameplay to the point where you make mistakes? I mean, the game got such high scores I can't see it being THAT big of a deal, is it?

It slows down to about 20fps at times, but doesn't usually last long. It's not enough to cause you to make mistakes I don't think.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,005
    chadouken! wrote: »

Going to say the same as lordwilliam. There are framerate drops here and there, most noticeably in towns and when facing 3 or more enemies at once, but other than that they are never really anything beyond a minor annoyance that has not hindered the grandeur of the overall experience in general.

PS: I've played about 8 hours, so I guess by this point I have a fairly good idea of how consistent the drops are.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,700
    Frame rate drops aren't catastrophic, but they are annoying. Haven't had anything bad happen during a fight or while doing something requiring finesse, so I ain't too mad.

Game is still gorgeous on Wii U.
    FINALLY got to sit down and complete the first part and get the fucking paraglider finally. About to take a break, then go seek out Impa. I'm guessing I missed my chance to get the Old Man's cloak from cooking him a spicy meat meal. Ganon is a real asshole.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited March 4
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Frame rate drops aren't catastrophic, but they are annoying. Haven't had anything bad happen during a fight or while doing something requiring finesse, so I ain't too mad.

Game is still gorgeous on Wii U.
    FINALLY got to sit down and complete the first part and get the fucking paraglider finally. About to take a break, then go seek out Impa. I'm guessing I missed my chance to get the Old Man's cloak from cooking him a spicy meat meal. Ganon is a real asshole.
    You can actually get it if you climb to the very top of the snowy mountain right next to the trial that gives you the ice thingy. He'll be up there and give it to you because he feels bad you walked all the way there in the cold. D'awwwww.

• FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Yeah the frame rate issues are just visually distracting more than anything. Doesn't affect game play at all.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    edited March 4
    General progression:
    Got my first mount, after trying to sneak up on these damn horses for a bit one scraggler didn't run, I didn't have any nightshade to boost my sneak and this pack of wild horses was hell to try and get. I needed a mount though, got sick of walking. When I got my first mount he was hell to tame, but the carrots I got from the first village did the trick.. after feeding her one all it takes is a few pats on the back and she is fine, doesn't pull anymore. Oh and when I ran into Hetsu I already had 4 of his seeds. He was able to only expand my inventory slot twice though, as he relocates after the second exchange no matter how many seeds you have on deck.

Shrines:
    I ran into two shrines so far that I have no idea how to complete. I am not sure if its because one of my runes isn't a high enough level (is that a thing?) or I am just missing something. One shrine I am pretty sure I needed to get another pattern down from another shrine further up in the mountain, but I couldn't reach due to my stamina limitations. I am going to head back though, just crafted an elixir with crazy stamina boost. The Shrine in question is in the twin peaks mountain range. There are three that I found in that area, two on the east facing mountain and one on the very top of the other. I couldn't reach the other and I am assuming I needed that ball pattern in there to unlock the the first shrine. The other shrine I couldn't figure out how to get the three balls out of a pool of water into a raised caged in area.

All in all I am pretty satisfied with the shrines level of difficulty so far.

I am having a blast in this game so far. As I progressed further I started to see the frame rate issues others are talking about, but it's not a big deal for me... mostly just a distraction at times. I can literally get lost in scaling a mounting and stumbling across an enemy camp or a tucked away shrine. Next thing I know 2 hours has passed.

*all spoilers are just game play related stuff*
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    General progression:

All in all I am pretty satisfied with the shrines level of difficulty so far.

I am having a blast in this game so far. As I progressed further I started to see the frame rate issues others are talking about, but it's not a big deal for me... mostly just a distraction at times. I can literally get lost in scaling a mounting and stumbling across an enemy camp or a tucked away shrine. Next thing I know 2 hours has passed.

*all spoilers are just game play related stuff*

Same man, plus its almost always a good idea to scale to places anyway. Every high spot I climbed netted me some good weapons or items/rupees. This game does open world right. It's huge but not just for the sake of it. It's absolutely riddled in interesting things to do and shit to climb.

Also, this is a very minor spoiler but bomb as hell:
    There is a town in which you can dye your clothes any color you want with 20 rupees and some item materials. Fuck YEA. I can't wait to obtain the rarest armor in the game and dye it hot pink.

• InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,421
    While I wait for BotW to ship to my house (and for my day off Monday) I'll wrap up this weekend TP HD. At city in the sky so not much left to do. Man the side missions and pre-requisites between each temple aren't fun.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Also ran into a stone Talus senior. Huge rock monster thing. Got wrecked but had no idea on even how to damage him.
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Also ran into a stone Talus senior. Huge rock monster thing. Got wrecked but had no idea on even how to damage him.
    There's a black rock on his back you Z-target with your arrows. Hit it once and he'll fall to his knees and you can climb him to start bashing the fuck out of that rock.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,763
    This game is really good. I got to the one village and found a tower and 3 shrines along the way then called it a night. The horse controls kind of funky gonna take some getting used to. Also found a climbers bandana that helps you climb faster, thank god!
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,127
    will probably play a bit tomorrow since i dont work until 2pm. looking forward to it
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

There's a black rock on his back you Z-target with your arrows. Hit it once and he'll fall to his knees and you can climb him to start bashing the fuck out of that rock.

Damn good to know. I'm going back for his ass.

Also in tales of the shrine.
    Pretty sure this wasn't optimal but I saw a shrine just sitting in the middle of the ocean, so crynosis my ass block by block to get there. Along the way kill these ocean fish that are supposed to boost attack power when cooked right. Finally get to the shrine and it's my first combat shrine. I get my ass handed to me. Mark another one on the map for "I'll be back" mode
    Protip for people who get to the shrine in Hateno village:
    Fuck this motion control bullshit. Flip the game pad upside down to bipass that pice of shit maze. Was the only way I as able to do it.

Protip for people who get to the shrine in Hateno village:
    Fuck this motion control bullshit. Flip the game pad upside down to bipass that pice of shit maze. Was the only way I as able to do it.

Bruh, I was playing that shit portable. It was impossible I had to switch to dock mode and do that shit.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,909
    edited March 4
    Came across that Stone Talus on the way to Kakariko....FUCKING OW. Nearly had his ass one of the times but I started running out of food. I'm gonna go back and wreck him once I get stocked.

Edit: Also first guardian almost snipe vaped my ass when I thought i was out of sight near the Temple of Time. Was climbing up a hill and shit went '!!!!!'. Was out in the open so couldn't get out of sight before the beam came sailing past and took a lil bit off the top. Jesus!
    Anyone come across a Blood Moon yet? That shit is intense if you've murked a lot of dudes like I have... Got murked by the two Moblins and the hordes of Bokoblins I killed all ganging up on me at once.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Found a shrine...that's kind of on a little island while I"m still on the way to Kakariko (yes I"m still trekking there..god damn this game is huge) aaand there's this crazy ass bitch there. I'm not going to get to far involved into what happened because I'm not going to spoil it but I got fed up with her ass and purposefully did what she told me not to do. It was funny at first....and then the funny turned into some regret lol.
    edited March 4
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Came across that Stone Talus on the way to Kakariko....FUCKING OW. Nearly had his ass one of the times but I started running out of food. I'm gonna go back and wreck him once I get stocked.

Edit: Also first guardian almost snipe vaped my ass when I thought i was out of sight near the Temple of Time. Was climbing up a hill and shit went '!!!!!'. Was out in the open so couldn't get out of sight before the beam came sailing past and took a lil bit off the top. Jesus!

Just flawlessed that fucker. Get your self a decent bow and a wooden bomerang.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,421
    Zelda thread: Get ready to get you ass kicked!

Seriously you'll get wrecked if you're not careful.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris

Just flawlessed that fucker. Get your self a decent bow and a wooden bomerang.

I'm definitely going to head back after if gotten some more stuff. I just found some ice arrows and electric arrows. Also found a bandana in one of the shrines. I'll probably trek back there tomorrow since I have a horse now and it shouldn't take too long to get back.
    edited March 4
    Yooo... My dude Link still got that playa card... He's got multiple bitches in Hyrule swooning still.

Some have been lusting after him for over 100 years, in fact...
    Ran into some Lizalfos for the first time...well more like I was planning to assassinate their lil camp and got spotted. Good lord they're faster than I was expecting. Dude sounded the alarm on the tower and his buddy I was planning to drop the bomb on was already out the base and in my grill in half a sec it felt like.
    edited March 4
    The fucking boomerang mechanics are so goddamn awesome... I love it. That, and going Legolas on motherfuckers- leaping with the glider, letting go, and nocking dat bow on some hoes in midair is cool as fuck.

EDIT: HO-LEE FUCK!!!
    THEY BROUGHT BACK FUCKING LYNEL! AND THAT MOTHERFUCKER BEEN TRAINING THE LAST 20 YEARS... 2000 HP, FAST AS FUCK, CAN OHKO YOU IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN FIVE HEARTS, AND ALSO CAN ATTACK AT RANGE WITH SHOCK ARROWS.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,753
    edited March 4
    You guys are busy killing stuff and I'm just out here taming wild horses. :rofl:

...too bad there isn't a Cyan colored one...
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,280
    Liking the game so far but unrepairable weapons with durability feels a bit shit.

Like I got this totally badass glowey sword with 20 attack which is going to sit unused in my inventory all game because it's too cool to break.

Not looking forward to my metal boomerang I got off some lizard fucker breaking either, that shits awesome.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    I wonder how many other subtle nods this game will have...
    WVW69kH-Ha8QFUuAdL
    When you talk to him when there's a full moon

Also I guess there are blue horses out there.

WVW69kH-RAAbvcvVii

I tried taming a jet black one but kept getting bucked off of it, guess I need some stamina boosts before I can go after the single color ones.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    Are you using Twitter or Facebook for your screen caps William?

Also I just rode out of Kakariko to head back to where the Stone Talus was so I can FUCK HIM UP. Things are already not starting out well. I"m trying to find the path down with my horse and a god damn moving Guardian peek a boos from behind the wall and my first thought is 'SHIT'. First shot wizzes past my back and looks like it barely nicks me and I end up getting trapped on a cliff in a panic with no where to go. Damn thing fires again and nearly takes my nose off and causes a fire in the grass ahead of me on the cliff. Horse catches on fire, I catch on fire, Horse bucks and knocks me off and takes off and Link gets up and is now face to face with the thing with 1 and a half of a heart left AND ON FIRE. There is no saving my horse and myself :( So I have to take the first hasty retreat and leap off of the cliff and glide myself down with the guardian's beam nearly vaping in me in midair.

I dunno where this S.O.B. came from but I'm going to go Liam Neeson on him once I get stocked up on some arrows. Stone Talus first....then the Guardian who fucked up my horse.

Miiverse. Save 'em to my screenshot album and link them directly from there.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,060
    caught a black horse, was gonna name it black beauty but the names are ridiculously limited ,so i went with blakthndr.
    i was gliding around when i saw a hole in the ground ,so i was like hey what's in there.
    getting closer i noticed it was a large skull with enemies surrounding it. i gently glided into the eye hole and AMBUSHED THE FUCK OUT OF THEM lading with a falling strike that damn near wiped them all out.
    game's fun.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails

oh that's right you got the wii u version ok.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,280
    I named my first horse Finders in honour of the shepherds pies they were selling which turned out to have horse meat in them.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,127
    you guys are so far ahead of me. I just got done with the bomb shrine. I'm having issues getting to the last 2 shrines. :(
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

oh that's right you got the wii u version ok.

I wish Miiverse had carried over to the Switch. :sad:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    edited March 4
    Stone Talus down. Told his ass I was coming back and he didn't believe me. Guardian better sleep with it's one eye open.

Edit:

Kakariko village warned me about the Yiga clan and I just ran into one today. Not going spoil it though for those who don't know yet. This is going to be really interesting now whenever I happen to come across some random person in my travels.

Edit:

Yiga Clan
    ok...now I'm gonna be even more paranoid now. Bokoblin came down off the cliff side and a random traveler was there and ran all scared like as I dispatched it. Then I went to go check on her and she's all like 'do you wanna chill?' and I'm like sure...then she fucking asks me to close my eyes. Red flags everywhere and I tell her no and then she reveals herself to be a Yiga clan member and starts attacking me with a triple threat of dead bokoblin coming out of the ground. This one actually had more moves than the first member I took down
    Post edited by Sonichuman on
    First Blood Moon occurred...

...and nothing happened. It gave me that whole cutscene to be on my guard but nothing seemed different. I guess because it occurred when I was in a new area and I hadn't slain any enemies in it yet?

Also ran into my first Yiga Clan member.

Looking forward to seeing what other fights the game has to throw at me, it was basic but was still fun. I'm sure there'll be more to 'em as I progress.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    First Blood Moon occurred...

...and nothing happened. It gave me that whole cutscene to be on my guard but nothing seemed different. I guess because it occurred when I was in a new area and I hadn't slain any enemies in it yet?

Also ran into my first Yiga Clan member.

Looking forward to seeing what other fights the game has to throw at me, it was basic but was still fun. I'm sure there'll be more to 'em as I progress.

Had a cutscene that showed what happened when I got my first blood moon. And Zelda talked to me.
    Had a cutscene that showed what happened when I got my first blood moon. And Zelda talked to me.

Yeah, that's what happened, but I didn't get any mass enemy spawns like what Po described or the cutscene implied. I guess if I had been backtracking through an area I had already been through it might've been a different story though.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data