The Legend of Zelda thread - Master Sword? Light Arrows? Tunics? Nah son. I'm fighting Ganon naked!

Comments

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    Ok is there any reason to keep rubies or sapphire etc? I know diamond can get you that special trident but the others?

Not sure if you still need help with this, but the ore can be used to create certain gear in Gerudo Town. The ore is also required to upgrade those items.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,887
    Sadness...We may not get a chance to ever had Robin Williams play this game but but I take that he is with his daughter watching her play in spirit similar to the champions in game. (also new AV)
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,542
    Another issue: Weather effects are cool and all, especially since they force you to approach situations differently. Weather effects kicking in and hard blocking your progress in the middle of a quest sucks. Like lighting the furnaces and being stuck in the middle of nowhere just waiting for the rain to end so you can continue. Or needing to climb somewhere and the game going "nope, you're not allowed until the rain stops". And I would be able to just skip the time until the rain stops, except I need a fire for that, and this Hyrulean mega-rain that magically douses all fire won't let me. So ten minutes of sitting on my ass, I guess.

This is a series that has had time/weather/whatever manipulation at your fingertips since the N64 days. If you're going to have weather or time sensitive quests, you really need to have a decent method of letting me pick the weather and/or time of day other than just waiting for the in-game clock to run or teleporting away to a campfire, manually setting the time, teleporting back (and given how teleporting and horseriding works, you're liable to have to spend at least a couple of minutes getting back to where you were) and hoping the weather decides to play along.

Or at the very least, set the weather during specific quests. You could do it with Zora's domain and the like, so I know you have the tech.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
    Supposedly the longer you're playing in game, the more likely you'll get rain/adverse affects to force you to take a break...at least that's what some dataminers are confirming. Crazy as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me that nintendo does this.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • DimfishDimfish Joined: Posts: 326
    Been avoiding the shit out of this thread since I got the game to avoid the chance of spoilers, but just wanted to drop by to say its been pretty fucking cool so far. About 3 beasts in now, but I've been doing all the side missions I come across so it's taking a while, I've sunk in maybe 80 hours so far. Theres a few complaints I have about things like weather and weapon durability but certain items and abilities have made them not matter as much. Been playing it on the Wii U, game seems fine but man the framerate just fucking TANKS in kakiriko during a rainstorm. Otherwise been loving this game a lot, can't wait to speedrun this shit. Use stasis to mercenary tao my way right into the castle.
  • KeckaKecka Psycho Crushing that booty Joined: Posts: 1,542
    Infernoman wrote: »
    Supposedly the longer you're playing in game, the more likely you'll get rain/adverse affects to force you to take a break...at least that's what some dataminers are confirming. Crazy as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me that nintendo does this.

1) That makes sense, in a stupid sort of Nintendo way. Gotta protect the kids and all that. 2) Your avatar is the best and you have excellent taste in bros. Seriously, you beat me to it, because Sidon is the motherfucking man.
    SFV: Gief, Bison
    Xrd: Fucking nobody and everybody, but I like Elphelt, Sin, Raven and Ramlethal a little more than others
    Garou: Grant, Butt
    KI: Riptor, Aganos
  • Sephiroth73003Sephiroth73003 Joined: Posts: 4,236
    Yeah i was really hoping the set bonus from the climbing gear was 'be able to climb shit in rain'. Getting the thunder helm negates lightning, but like seriously rain is the most annoying thing. More than once ended up in a hole where to climb out would be 3 seconds without rain or run 5 min around to get there the other way .... then it started to rain ...
    SF3: Makoto and Ken
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 19,984
    edited March 17
    It'd be cool if it was possible to set up a tent if you had the right materials on hand, like what you see some NPCs using. So if it started to rain you'd be able to pass the time that way if you're stuck out in the open.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Juri, Chun-li (buff plz)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 17,775
    Dimfish wrote: »
    Been avoiding the shit out of this thread since I got the game to avoid the chance of spoilers, but just wanted to drop by to say its been pretty fucking cool so far. About 3 beasts in now, but I've been doing all the side missions I come across so it's taking a while, I've sunk in maybe 80 hours so far. Theres a few complaints I have about things like weather and weapon durability but certain items and abilities have made them not matter as much. Been playing it on the Wii U, game seems fine but man the framerate just fucking TANKS in kakiriko during a rainstorm. Otherwise been loving this game a lot, can't wait to speedrun this shit. Use stasis to mercenary tao my way right into the castle.

This reminda me...I need to try to drive the Tao taxi service around hyrule every so often.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,789
    There's a weather forecast in the lower right of the HUD that tells you what's coming next.

Also, flint, wood, and a metallic weapon. Set a fire whenever and wherever.

Use your tools, guys.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    There's a weather forecast in the lower right of the HUD that tells you what's coming next.

Also, flint, wood, and a metallic weapon. Set a fire whenever and wherever.

Use your tools, guys.

I dont even bother setting campfires unless i need it for something. Rain usually slows me down if im climbing but it rarely ever stops me. If you are climbing in the rain then the max steps you can make before usually sliding is about 4-5. Anytime you hop Link automatically slides in the rain immediately afterward. So take the 4-5 steps then the hop and slide to go as far as you can in the rain.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Found a horse that looked like Aggro, named it Aggro, I'm done looking for horses.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,139
    Was fighting a Lynel and I decided to climb a hill and hide in some tall grass. That motherfucker teleported right next to me. Scared the shit out of me. Had no idea they could do that.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

Was fighting a Lynel and I decided to climb a hill and hide in some tall grass. That motherfucker teleported right next to me. Scared the shit out of me. Had no idea they could do that.

Yep, once you've put a Lynel in fight mode, you either teleport away, or you fight to the death.

Lol these Zora kids are just too adorable... Now I wanna help this little dude find his mom.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Lol these Zora kids are just too adorable...

I TOLD YOU
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

OK, so I just helped super adorable Zora Finley find her soulmate... and it's some creepy Hylian nerd... Love is blind, I guess.

Oh, yeah, here:

Lost my shit when the Naruto music kicked in...

Yep, once you've put a Lynel in fight mode, you either teleport away, or you fight to the death.

Lol these Zora kids are just too adorable... Now I wanna help this little dude find his mom.

I learned that the hard way. I thought I was slick and tried to run away from the one inside the castle. Naw his lightning arrow kept hitting me. Imma go pick fights with Hinox. Those fat ass guys are easy pickings for me.
    OK, so I just helped super adorable Zora Finley find her soulmate... and it's some creepy Hylian nerd... Love is blind, I guess.

Oh, yeah, here:

Lost my shit when the Naruto music kicked in...

Lost...lol
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When I first thing Epona did hen she dropped out of my amiibo was start eating dude's fresh crop of apples in Kakkariko Village. Probably would have eaten all his apples if I hadn't stopped her.

I can't believe I never noticed the lab in Hateno Village at the very top. I've been in the town numerous times. Finally got the camera and I want those parts to I can upgrade my runes.

The Bokoblins are some of my favorite characters in this game. So much thought and care went into enemies that you mow down on a regular basis. I came across two that were sitting on a ruined bridge, staring out at the water. I almost felt bad for throwing a bomb over at them and knocking them into the water.

So the memory quest came up. I thought I'd go for one of the photos that shows what is clearly Hyrule Castle but getting anywhere near that place is asking for trouble as it it crawling with Guardians. So while trying for another one, I go down by the Floria area and come across a place that has a sizble amount of gems as well as my first encounter with Electric Chuchu Jellies. Protip for anyone fighting elemental Jellies for the first time: Do not use close range attacks.

C7JrlqsUwAEea6b.jpg
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Cuccos should be the last boss of this game.
    Just upgraded an item to max level...damn.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,219
    edited March 18
    Just finished up my first divine beast. It was the one in Rito village. The aquatic kingdom is more like it. Only did a couple sidequests as I really want to get to the other divine beastsvas well.

Fought my first Lynel. Lot of fun but I can't put a dent in it. I will be back though. Just need 6 more shrines then I'll have two stamina wheels.

The rain can suck a big one.
    So, I Solid Snake'd a bunch of goons and a Lynel in this Coliseum and got a measly 100 rupees for my trouble.

Also, was doing the shrines around Hyrule Castle, and the goddamned guardians killed my horse... RIP in Peace, Speedy.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 18
    So, I Solid Snake'd a bunch of goons and a Lynel in this Coliseum and got a measly 100 rupees for my trouble.

Also, was doing the shrines around Hyrule Castle, and the goddamned guardians killed my horse... RIP in Peace, Speedy.
    There's a great fairy that can resurrect dead horses. It's not hard to find, but then again neither is another horse.

Btw I finally maxed out my stamina, tamed the Lord of the Mountain, and had fun taking him to stables and seeing the reactions. He's got 5 spurs of course but it doesn't matter because you never really use any up, you can just wail on him forever. Can't register him, but you can get off for like 20 seconds before he runs off into the aether.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic America was never great. Joined: Posts: 5,292
    the loot you get from the lynel is the real reward imo
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    Imma try for sneak kills...but i suck at being sneaky
    Welp, had to look up a video guide to get the Rota Ooh Shrine. Of course once I saw the solution, I felt like an idiot.

Yiga Clan need to step up their game. These dudes get wrecked by spears SO hard.
    So it's possible to mount these guys.
    C7O5W6qU8AAlxsm.jpg:large
    King9999 wrote: »
    So it's possible to mount these guys.
    C7O5W6qU8AAlxsm.jpg:large

Yup. Kind of slow, though...
    Now go mount a stag, caribou, or stalhorse.I knew about the Horse Fairy... Not too worried about resurrecting Speedy, since I still haven't found the giant horse or Zelda's horse.

Guardians are no longer a problem now, unless they're rolling with other enemies and fucking up my focus.

Flying Guardians are the real assholes.
    Vs. flying Guardians, aim for their propellers. Much easier to kill afterwards, and kinda funny too when you see them on the ground.
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,219
    I went to the most north eastern part of the map and came across a maze for a shrine. Did the entire I thing in my underwear, never once was spotted a by the flying guardians. The one on foot found me but I was able to escape it. Even found a Guardian graveryard and got all the pieces I need, died once on this part. I just kept running since I expected to run some errands but I'm waiting on others. I wonder if I had done it while in 'game mode' if I would've done it this fast. I tried to get the Divine Beast in the volcano but I don't have the right gear to withstand the heat. I did get the shrine in there to activate though.

Was able to find a memory near the volcano as well.

I killed my first Hinox. I would always avoid those suckers because they are so dang huge but I figured I'd fought worse (Lynel) so I may as well get used to fighting these suckers. These are some slow mofos. Know how to use that strength though. It was the first time I ever got clocked by a freaking tree. Was not expecting dude to use that as a weapon.

So my next memory I decided to hunt down is on the Lanryu Road -East Gate. I didn't know the name of the location at first, but I recognized where it was from the photo. I could never forget that place because it was where I first encountered a Lynel. Annnnd another one was there.
    Looks like someone found all 900 Korok seeds already...

...I'm only up to 62. Yet I've found 54 shrines. Go figure :rofl:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

Koroks giving you their golden poops for finding them is funny still. I haven't even dabbled in getting a horse. I do want to ride into battle against Ganon on a bear with wielding my ancient weapon and cool armor.
    Yo, I fought a bear. Toughest wildlife encounter yet. Unless I'm in dire need of bear meat, I'll do my best to avoid them until I power up.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic America was never great. Joined: Posts: 5,292
    edited March 19
    i have almost no interest in finding all the korok seeds but i think finding all the shrines is worthwhile. some.of the puzzles are pretty fun.

theres just way too many korok seeds lol
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
    Bears are indeed tough, but they can't handle getting shot in the head with a high powered bow.

Blood Moons occur every eight in-game days... There's also a guy at the Riverside Stable who will tell you if one is going to occur that night.
    ...this third Great Fairy I found is horny as hell, geezus :rofl:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,174

I want to find out what the 4th upgrade does
    edited March 19
    ...so there's a guy who will buy raw gourmet meat off of you for 100 rupees a piece.

And there's a certain animal up in the mountains that drops 1-2 of 'em each time you take one out...

...welp, one animal is about to go extinct. :rofl:

Also picked up a Savage Lynel Bow with 41 power per arrow, and a Mighty Lynel Bow that shoots 5 arrows at once :wow:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 4,937
    Anyone find that mountain side that has a shit load of Apples? You can get like over a hundred.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 4,937
    edited March 19
    Post edited by Davidstar on
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    Got 26 pieces of Raw Gourmet Meat while exploring the mountains.

Assuming that guy pays 100 for all of 'em...

tumblr_npnqaezmcE1sposb4o5_250.gif
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,986
    I got a question. Does the game have a weight system?
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Shield surfing down the mountain and head shotting monsters with shock arrows on the way down.

I love this game. :rofl:

Uh...define weight system.

If you mean like carrying weight, then no.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

edited March 19

I want to find out what the 4th upgrade does

I've seen it. You can guess what happens based on the great fairies' actions with each upgrade.

You mean like if armor weighs you down? No, but weapons have different weight, affecting your attack speed.

I'm really hoping hard mode remixes all the shrines and dungeons.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,986

Well that was part of it. What about inventory weight? Can you carry as much inventory as you want?

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Well that was part of it. What about inventory weight? Can you carry as much inventory as you want?

There's a definite limit to how much you can carry. Gear inventory can be expanded using Korok seeds, while food inventory is three pages. Not sure how big material inventory is; I'm 6 pages in and haven't hit a limit yet.