The Legend of Zelda thread - Master Sword? Light Arrows? Tunics? Nah son. I'm fighting Ganon naked!

Comments

• Citrus_monkeyCitrus_monkey Joined: Posts: 2,017
    So im really stuck here. Not terribly far in the game or anything but here. I need help and I cant find my answer on google:
    How do you get into the gerudo town? I found the crossdressing person but he wants to sell me the clothes for 600 rupees and I haven't even come across half that amount in my whole playthrough yet. I tried traveling to and from the town during day and night, switching up my answers, sleeping in the inn...nothing.
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,099
    edited March 4
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    Had a cutscene that showed what happened when I got my first blood moon. And Zelda talked to me.

Yeah, that's what happened, but I didn't get any mass enemy spawns like what Po described or the cutscene implied. I guess if I had been backtracking through an area I had already been through it might've been a different story though.

Most of the enemies that I killed got respawned and then some enemies that were stronger may have taken up space there. I didn't get suddenly surrounded though because I was Kakariko at the time...dunno what would have happened if I was out on the field.

Also had an octorok make me jump. I was so confused by what was going on. Damn thing took off with the chest I was after.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That colosseum though. I step one foot in and get one shot-ed by a centaur using electric arrows.
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,181
    edited March 4
    Had a cutscene that showed what happened when I got my first blood moon. And Zelda talked to me.

Yeah, that's what happened, but I didn't get any mass enemy spawns like what Po described or the cutscene implied. I guess if I had been backtracking through an area I had already been through it might've been a different story though.

Most of the enemies that I killed got respawned and then some enemies that were stronger may have taken up space there. I didn't get suddenly surrounded though because I was Kakariko at the time...dunno what would have happened if I was out on the field.

Yeah, I was out in the field on my way to Hateno Village when it happened. Was in the middle of raiding a Bokoblin camp as a matter of fact...so I figured any effects would have made themselves known. Didn't notice anything different though.

...also...stumbled across something...interesting in Hateno Village...
    There's a kid with glasses wandering around that'll lead you to a weird horned statue...after talking to said statue you're able to sell your heart containers and stamina vessels for 100 rupees a piece. So you make yourself weaker but get a lot of cash for it. You can buy 'em back for 120 rupees at a later time.

That's...definitely new. Doubt I'll make use of it though.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    title should be retitled Breath of the Wild GOAT
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 22,181
    Show-off time. What are some of the melee weapons you've acquired so far?

Got a couple goodies:
    WVW69kH_2bs3INCpis
    WVW69kH_3I0hTlsnZh

Still pretty early on so these are probably mediocre to what you guys have found, but I like 'em. :rofl:
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen | Guilty Gear: Dizzy, Ky Blazblue: Kokonoe, Platinum MvC:I - Zero, Strider | Tekken 7: Lee, Noctis (Probably)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,099
    I'm not sure but I think I just got owned by a wizzrobe.
    I was trying to activate a tower and it was just prancing around in midair with a wand and then it spotted me and waved at me like we were friends or some shit so I was like ???? Then it disappeared but you could still see it's steps as it moved closer to you so I had a bad feeling. Didn't seem too bad though as it appeared in and out shot a slow beam from its wand at me. But...things started getting progressively worse...I didn't have any arrows since I had just got through trying to kill a giant moblin sub boss named Henix so I couldn't really shoot him with anything so he was just free to do whatever. It looked like he summoned a lightning storm(not sure if he did this or not of if it was coincidental), a swarm of keese, and then summoned an electric keese at me. Had all that covered. Figured I'd try to send his slow shot back at him by parrying it and mistimed it. TOOK OFF 4 HEARTS FOR THE OHKO. I dunno how much damage it actually did though so it could have been more. I'm getting in that tower dammit.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

Show-off time. What are some of the melee weapons you've acquired so far?

Got a couple goodies:
    WVW69kH_2bs3INCpis
    WVW69kH_3I0hTlsnZh

Still pretty early on so these are probably mediocre to what you guys have found, but I like 'em. :rofl:

I've got a couple guardian weapons and something called the blade of duality I think? I know it's got 50 fucking power though lol
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,900
    Man this game looks and sounds fucking tits. Gonna start hitting up the local pawn shops an shit for a cheap Wii-u.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Man this game looks and sounds fucking tits. Gonna start hitting up the local pawn shops an shit for a cheap Wii-u.

I like that it's in a lot of ways similar to the first game, not linear, you can find yourself in places you arent really ready for.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,057
    It may be hype talking, since I've only gotten to the first "real" dungeon, but if the game keeps up this pace, it may very well go down as my favorite Zelda in the franchise.

The level of spectacle is only matched by the incredible attention to detail... Aonuma and his team totally outdid themselves crafting this beautiful game.
    I mean, SHIT, fighting the Divine Beast of Water while riding on the back of a Zora, while it flings ice missiles, swatting them away with arrows, then launching into the air to hit it's weak spots with Shock Arrows... and that's just to get INSIDE the motherfucker, where the actual dungeon begins... MY GOD, MAN...

I don't know how the rest of the game is going to top that, but I have a feeling it will.

This shit might be not just the best Zelda, but possibly one of the best games of all time...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,911 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FYI, lightning strikes are AOE. Damn near got killed by one when it struck a nearby metal chest.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,549
    edited March 4
    So far for you guys, would you say this Zelda would make it harder to go back and play an older 3d one? I don't wanna play this one until I beat SS and MM because I'm worried that it will be weird going back to the old formula. But I doubt it though since I've played series that have switched up and its still fine to go back to older titles.

Just wondering because I may go pick it up, or I think my sister was gonna buy it as a bday gift for me
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,794
    DrellyFish wrote: »
    So far for you guys, would you say this Zelda would make it harder to go back and play an older 3d one? I don't wanna play this one until I beat SS and MM because I'm worried that it will be weird going back to the old formula. But I doubt it though since I've played series that have switched up and its still fine to go back to older titles.

Just wondering because I may go pick it up, or I think my sister was gonna buy it as a bday gift for me

This game isnt zelda. It's the perfect open world game with a zelda skin
    Found a second pinwheel. I didn't think anything of the first one I found, but now that I've found another, I think they do something. I tried using a leaf on it, but nothing happened.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    NeoBlood wrote: »

I like that it's in a lot of ways similar to the first game, not linear, you can find yourself in places you arent really ready for.
    Yea I really like this to. A big world to wander around and get lost in. That's what I look for in adventure games these days.
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,794
    there's a camera. I am now gonna take a selfie with every boss i fight
    Well this was an unexpected find. At least, in the area I was in.
    WVW69kIAYNQm0kY4xE
    Didn't realize they had accordions in Hyrule.

I do like the new Rito designs. Though since there are Rito, Koroks, AND Zora in this game, it makes me wonder where in the timeline this takes place...

There really is something to find in every corner of the world.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,318
    This is already the best Zelda I've played.

Not a huge fan of the series but this game has consistantly gave me that wow feeling. My previous favorite of the series is LttP.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Ooh, I like the fire rod. Gotta be careful not to break this one.
    King9999 wrote: »
    Found a second pinwheel. I didn't think anything of the first one I found, but now that I've found another, I think they do something. I tried using a leaf on it, but nothing happened.
    stand on the stump, shoot the balloons that appear. At least, that was one of them that I did.
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    King9999 wrote: »
    stand on the stump, shoot the balloons that appear. At least, that was one of them that I did.
    I figured out what the pinwheel did when I found a 3rd one. Now I need to go back and find the other two again. I'll try standing on the stump if I can find it.
    edited March 5
    Fighting enemies in the middle of a thunderstorm is quite exhilarating.

...scary as heck, but still. :rofl:

And hey, this Wizzrobe dropped a lightning rod! That's cool.

EDIT: Some tidbits about the lightning rod I just found.
    That's pretty awesome; if you use a lightning rod in the middle of a rainstorm, it amplifies its power like crazy; if it hits something, it creates a massive energy sphere, hitting a bunch of enemies at one time AND doing tons of damage. I was OHKO-ing Lizalfos with ease.

...sadly I also used it up really fast during all that (its durability isn't bad, mind you). At least I took out another Yiga Clan member with it before it broke. :sad:

EDIT 2:

I have to say...between the Rito and the Zoras, I really like the new designs the races got. Aside from being nice aesthetically, it really goes well with the overall art style.

Only one I'm not sure of is the Gorons, but I've only seen one so far, so can't really say for certain. Though then again I never cared for the Gorons to begin with, so that might have something to do with it :rofl:
    Post edited by LordWilliam1234 on
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,787
    edited March 5
    Stopped by a couple stores after work and no dice on the Y USB cable. Was about to go out after a nap, and try Frys. Decided to delete the DLC pack off XCX, and now I'm at 13 gigs of free space?

Downloading the 3 gig install right now. I feel silly.

EDIT:
    I had 8000-some kilobytes. The XCX was 4,000-some kilobytes. Seems weird once I looked up the ratio. Not gonna worry about it now.

I still plan on getting a Y Cable and hard drive to eventually nabbed al the data packs for XCX, but I was feeling bummed that I was going to pay more for the HDD and cable than I did for the game.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Haha. There's two lakes called "Mikau" and "Lulu," and they're right next to each other.

It's a small thing, but it still puts a smile on my face. :)
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    What am i missing with that reference?
    It begins :)
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    edited March 5

...you haven't played Majora's Mask?

eAJWHka.gif

...actually there seems to be a lot of references in the location names. A few I expected, but the others are neat:
    Linebeck Island
    Ralis Pond
    Ruto Mountain
    Ruto Precipice
    Mikau Lake
    Lulu Lake
    Tal Tal Peak
    Tingel Island

And that's with only 4 towers worth of map opened. I imagine there's far more across the continent.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    edited March 5

...you haven't played Majora's Mask?

eAJWHka.gif
    In years lol.

Got it now tho lol.
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,278
    edited March 5
    amiibo function for botw
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing -Steven Universe: Save the Light (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Oni Press), TMNT (IDW)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017), We Bare Bears
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

That video reminded me. Does the game feel the need to tell you what pick up items do every time you boot the game and up and start playing again? That shit really drove me nuts.
    It only does it once, when it's an item you already have, it just has the name of it. Just entered the first dungeon. Found a Guardian dungeon before the main one but it didn't open.

Already broke the wood cutters axe :( I'm now using a skeleton arm. It keeps moving it's fingers, so it looks like it's tickling my ass.

• FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,227
    Only thing so far regarding game play that bothers me is when you'll be on the side of a mountain when suddenly....it starts raining and you keep slipping down until your stamina depletes. So you have to warp out of there and wait for the rain to stop before you try again. Happens way more often than I'd like.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

edited March 5
    On that electricity effect... Using electric weapons or getting hit by lightning while standing in a pool of water is a good way to get bodied(or drop some bodies quickly.

Guardians don't like being shocked, either, by the way.

Also, I just got mauled by a fucking bear... I've died more in this game than I have since Zelda II... I fucking love it.

EDIT: Carrying a lot of metal gear is a good way to get fried in a thunderstorm or take extra damage from electric attacks... Take that shit off to not die... and I figured out what a Blood Moon does, I think- It brings back enemies and minibosses you've killed, makes them stronger, and if you can kill them again, they drop better items and weapons.
    Post edited by po pimpus on
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,318
    Shit didn't know it raise the drop rate. Will have to start backtracking.

Those fucking lighting storms are homing god damn turtle shells when you are steel armored out.

I legit just waited one out in a cave because I felt like every strike was on my ass.

Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    The weather having this kind of effect on player on decision is fucking awesome. The idea that I might want to wait out a storm in a game?

Amazing.
  • DavidstarDavidstar KILLA KUEEN! Joined: Posts: 5,073
    So what timeline you guys think this one takes place in? Personally I'm thinking the Zelda 1 timeline.
    Did you see that Zack? Clear as a crisp spring morning... FK....in the signature. I knew i could count on it. It never fails
    The weather having this kind of effect on player on decision is fucking awesome. The idea that I might want to wait out a storm in a game?

Amazing.

I'm telling you, man. Nintendo went all out on this game. I see now why they placed so much faith in this game.
    I accidentally spoiled myself on the desert area... Holy shit that place is a massive wasteland... Prepare yourself for oppressive heat in the daytime and freezing cold at night- Not even protective clothing can save you- Need those elixirs on deck, yo. Also, SAND SEALS!! Nintendo continues the tradition of taking aquatic animals and making them swim through sand like its water... I love them so fucking much already! Might take a whole fucking day to fully explore it, and even then... Also, lol @ the Lizalfos using actual camouflage to blend in and ambush mofos.

This game is amazing.

• Swedish ChefSwedish Chef Cream of the Crop! Joined: Posts: 8,815
    edited March 5
    I feel like you can sum up 90% of comments about this game as.
    "I was wandering around aimlessly when I found something really cool, then I proceeded to do something really cool and felt real good about myself. I proceeded to immediately get my ass blown out by a random monster on the overworld and felt like an asshole."
    "This game rules."
    TAKING YOU PUNKS DOWN!!!
    ^Bubbleberry_VII you are so godlike for making this.
    Interesting body of water:
    C6KQ-VWVMAAc1WY.jpg:large

Wonder what I'll find there.