The Legend of Zelda thread - Master Sword? Light Arrows? Tunics? Nah son. I'm fighting Ganon naked!

Comments

• LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,787
    edited March 9
    I NEVER want to stop playing this game.

And if you have the Switch version, you never will. :wink:
    bought a house.

now i can store my good weapons for boss fights woo

...dang it, I completely forgot about that!

Gonna have to go back and see about getting a place myself...
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 9
    Sonichuman wrote: »
    King9999 wrote: »
    Ooh, just found some climbing boots. I already have the bandanna, so I'm assuming there's a climbing shirt to complete the set.

Yo! Where you get them boots? I cant remember where i got the shirt but it wasduring my travels in the bottom right of the map.
    King9999 wrote: »
    Ooh, just found some climbing boots. I already have the bandanna, so I'm assuming there's a climbing shirt to complete the set.

Where'd you find the boots?
    i got the shirt from a shrine. Major test of strength shrine
    I found the boots in a shrine to the east of Madorna Mountain/Lanaryu Range. There's a shrine quest associated with it if you talk to Reed's wife in Hateno Village. You're going to need some mid-level cold resistance as it's high up in the mountains.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,746
    edited March 9
    Haven't had a chance to play in a few days, so kind of combat rusty. I decided to hunt down a memory... Fucking Lynel pushed my shit in good.

Once I get my steez again, I'm coming for his ass.
    With a Cucco in tow...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,911
    edited March 10
    i just fucked up a lynel.

I have stasis+ so, i kept freezing him then running in, hitting him a bunch, then running away lol
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    Man I need cores. Need stasis+ and also want that guardian armor... kill a reborn guardian during the blood moon and a lot of loot dropped... unfortunately no cores
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Permanent Character Crisis Joined: Posts: 21,787
    Finally went back and bought the house. And bought every single extra thing you could for it to boot. Now I can display in style.
    WVW69kI0m6IteySFel

...I do wish you had more personal customization options here (think Animal Crossing) but this is still pretty neat.

I just wish this Bolson guy would stop sitting outside my house all the time now. :rofl:
    SFV: Ed | Smash 4: Toon Link | Pokken: Braixen, DecidueyeGuilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto MvC:I - Zero, Dante
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    [
    Finally went back and bought the house. And bought every single extra thing you could for it to boot. Now I can display in style.
    WVW69kI0m6IteySFel

...I do wish you had more personal customization options here (think Animal Crossing) but this is still pretty neat.

I just wish this Bolson guy would stop sitting outside my house all the time now. :rofl:

who wouldn't wanna hear eeeuugggfhhhhhmmm at all hours of the day?

but really, the house is a must. you can store weapons and get free hearts because you can sleep there for free
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,645

This is where I'm at, haha.

Ran into a Guardian after getting lost and thinking I was going back to Kokoriko Village. I came across the Hinox. I need to get better at adapting. I just blow throw gear and items like no tomorrow. When I win I still lose :bluu:

Any tips on where to find Goat Milk? It isn't at the store is it?
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    Found my second Fairy Fountain, as well as an interesting side quest...really want to see how this one plays out.

Side note I haven't encountered a single Stone Talus, or whatever that giant rock monster is you guys mentioned day 1. Wonder why...I've wandered around quite a bit at this point.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 18,926

Its interesting cause I was really kind of eh about the season pass and now I actually want it cause the game sold me on wanting more stuff.
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I actually do plan on getting the Wii U version when I get a Switch just so I can go through the game again and get the DLC. I couldn't give two craps about saving Hyrule from Ganon because I'm having so much fun.

I've seen some peeps crying that BOTW isn't a "true" Zelda game because of the open world nature. LOL. Da eff is this "true Zelda game" crap these people are on? These are probably the same ones that hated Zelda II because it didn't play like the first one.
    How many elemental weapons have you guys found so far?
    Not referring to the rods; I've found a Frost Spear and a Frostblade so far, both of which, interestingly enough, lower the temperature around you. If you take these into a hot place it helps keep you cool, much like holding a lit torch will help you keep warm. Just make sure they don't break...
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster KIMO! KIMO! KIMO! Joined: Posts: 9,140
    I haven't played since getting the glider. Haven't really wanted to. Not sure why. -shrug-
    Peace to the Mountain
    Amiibo Aficionado

Negro Install

The sky's fallin', baby, drop that ass 'fore it crash.

Currently Playing - Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions (3DS)
    Currently Reading - Rick and Morty (Onipress), Usagi Yojimbo (Dark Horse)
    Currently Watching (Animated) - Ducktales (2017)
    Currently Watching (Live Action) - Sons of Anarchy

edited March 10
    Remember that Lynel that beat me up earlier?

I beat his ass... Then had to do it again because of the Blood Moon...
    Found a couple of shrines and freed Farosh (giant ice dragon atop Mount Lanaryu) from Ganon's curse... This was made more difficult due to the fact that I was out of arrows, and this mission required much aerial attacking- Never again do I wish to be doing jump attacks from 5,000 ft. while trying to not die...

What are you guys doing for arrows? It's getting tiring having to scavenge for the damn things.

EDIT: Also, did anyone figure out the "17 of 24" riddle? I know it has something to do with 5:00 PM and that rock in Hateno bay, but I'm stumped after that...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Lizalfos seem to have a high chance of having arrows on them so I've currently been killing a bunch of them.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,604

I've seen some peeps crying that BOTW isn't a "true" Zelda game because of the open world nature. LOL. Da eff is this "true Zelda game" crap these people are on? These are probably the same ones that hated Zelda II because it didn't play like the first one.
    Zelda 1?

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    I just buy arrows from shops/Beedle whenever I'm in the area. One thing you could do is find some bokoblins and let them keep firing arrows at you. You can pick up the arrows that don't hit you or get blocked by your shield.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 10
    I'm face palming so hard. I had never left kakariko village the back way until just now, so I finally have figured out what all these damn korok seeds are for. lol

Been running thru this game only able to hold on to seven fucking weapons -__-
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 10
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Remember that Lynel that beat me up earlier?

I beat his ass... Then had to do it again because of the Blood Moon...
    Found a couple of shrines and freed Farosh (giant ice dragon atop Mount Lanaryu) from Ganon's curse... This was made more difficult due to the fact that I was out of arrows, and this mission required much aerial attacking- Never again do I wish to be doing jump attacks from 5,000 ft. while trying to not die...

What are you guys doing for arrows? It's getting tiring having to scavenge for the damn things.

EDIT: Also, did anyone figure out the "17 of 24" riddle? I know it has something to do with 5:00 PM and that rock in Hateno bay, but I'm stumped after that...

The riddle said -between- 17 and 24 IIRC, so 8:30?
    On my way to Akkala from Zora's Domain and I spot this flying thing. Kind of curious about it as I"m getting closer as it's not really doing anything and I kinda want to get to the tower that it's nearby. I'm pretty sure the search light that it has is bad juju and then when I get closer it gives me the laser sight........THERE ARE FLYING VARIATIONS OF THESE THINGS!?

The Flying Guardians are harder to kill too... :sad:
    The Flying Guardians are harder to kill too... :sad:

My first encounter went fuckin horrible that and the fact that it feels like because they have air superiority in combination with the AOE of the beam that you're guaranteed to take some damage everytime they fire if you aren't behind something. I can't be letting these things stop me from where I wanna go so this might be the time to start learning how to parry their BS.
    You should probably go see Robbie then come back. His lab is northeast of that tower, IIRC.
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    edited March 10
    the attention to detail in this game is seriously phenomenal. nintendo did it AGAIN. if you're in the desert region and you equip an elemental ice weapon it will keep you cool instead of wearing the drag outfit. but there is a secret shop where you can purchase illegal gerudo clothing for men lol. fucking godlike

Anyway i beat the game, have over 70 shrines completed and almost 30 side quests done and im only at 22 something percent complete lmao. unreal

EDIT: i hope you guys took pictures of all the bosses. i dont think you can 100 percent the hyrule book without them
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
  • DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    wait what? you can buy a house? lol damn i gotta go look for this shit now.
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Zelda 1?

Correct.

I finally made it to Karriko Village! It so easy to get side tracked in this game. I did some dear hunting, expanded my inventory space a bit and got some more rupees. I was looking forward to going into all the homes, but alas... I CAN'T DO ANY LOOTING!!! At least I finally came across some pots I can break (even though no rupees came out *cries*)

And NEW CLOTHES. I've been wearing the same rags since I started this thing! The Skiekah gear is expensive! Can't afford it for now but I'll be sure to come back and nab it when I get the rupees.
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 9,931
    ]
    How many elemental weapons have you guys found so far?
    Not referring to the rods; I've found a Frost Spear and a Frostblade so far, both of which, interestingly enough, lower the temperature around you. If you take these into a hot place it helps keep you cool, much like holding a lit torch will help you keep warm. Just make sure they don't break...
    I have a frostblade, flame blade and a lighting sword. I think that's it I'll check when I get on again.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,604

Zelda 1?

Correct.

I finally made it to Karriko Village! It so easy to get side tracked in this game. I did some dear hunting, expanded my inventory space a bit and got some more rupees. I was looking forward to going into all the homes, but alas... I CAN'T DO ANY LOOTING!!! At least I finally came across some pots I can break (even though no rupees came out *cries*)

And NEW CLOTHES. I've been wearing the same rags since I started this thing! The Skiekah gear is expensive! Can't afford it for now but I'll be sure to come back and nab it when I get the rupees.
    No I mean this game is as Zelda as it gets because it's like Zelda 1. Big open world. Go play. Have fun.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited March 10
    Found my second Fairy Fountain, as well as an interesting side quest...really want to see how this one plays out.

Side note I haven't encountered a single Stone Talus, or whatever that giant rock monster is you guys mentioned day 1. Wonder why...I've wandered around quite a bit at this point.

i wonder how impactful it is to actually get all the fairy fountains, so far it seems like a net loss because of the rupees.

on another note, i got the master sword woo.

my plan is to finish up most of the memories then complete the main quest.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,665

i wonder how impactful it is to actually get all the fairy fountains, so far it seems like a net loss because of the rupees.

on another note, i got the master sword woo.

They're pretty important
    You should probably go see Robbie then come back. His lab is northeast of that tower, IIRC.

Thats was the plan. Im gonn start wandering aound the northwest of the map.

Also does anyone know where you can find goat cheese?
    I've only been able to purchase Goat Cheese in the shops at Kakariko and Hateno. There's a wandering merchant that sells it too, but I forgot which one.
    I can't figure out how to get the last chest in the Sheh Rata shrine. It might be something good...
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is this game that good?

Big fan of Zelda but I don't like open world games at all.
    Green Karin.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    edited March 10
    evilj wrote: »
    Is this game that good?

This statement makes no sense seeing as how Zelda was pretty much the first open world game. Lol.

If you love Zelda. You'll love this game.
    Post edited by Foolinfection on
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,004
    evilj wrote: »
    Is this game that good?

prs.gif

I do believe tat I r teh King.
    edited March 10
    so i decided to see what Hyrule castle is like.

just a little experimentation i thought, maybe ill find a memory then leave.... oh shit im fighting calamity ganon.

got my ass KICKED. the Divine beasts are helpful. so make sure you finish them. i only have 2 done lol

the upside is that i fought a sub boss, and he cant fuck with the master sword. so this is a must.
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro