The Legend of Zelda thread - Master Sword? Light Arrows? Tunics? Nah son. I'm fighting Ganon naked!

Comments

• SonichumanSonichuman You're too sloooww!! Joined: Posts: 19,252
    so i decided to see what Hyrule castle is like.

just a little experimentation i thought, maybe ill find a memory then leave.... oh shit im fighting calamity ganon.

got my ass KICKED. the Divine beasts are helpful. so make sure you finish them. i only have 2 done lol

the upside is that i fought a sub boss, and he cant fuck with the master sword. so this is a must.

Were you trying to find that memory that id is pretty much at hyrule castle? Had the painter guy tell me where that one was and I know Im gonna get bopped trying to get it.
    High Enough

If you haven't seen this before you may have questions...

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,938
    Sonichuman wrote: »

just a little experimentation i thought, maybe ill find a memory then leave.... oh shit im fighting calamity ganon.

got my ass KICKED. the Divine beasts are helpful. so make sure you finish them. i only have 2 done lol

the upside is that i fought a sub boss, and he cant fuck with the master sword. so this is a must.

Were you trying to find that memory that id is pretty much at hyrule castle? Had the painter guy tell me where that one was and I know Im gonna get bopped trying to get it.

yup. i don't know where it is though. but the picture is obviously h.c

there are guardians EVERYWHERE. but i did find a sneaky way in
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,914
    po pimpus wrote: »
    I've only been able to purchase Goat Cheese in the shops at Kakariko and Hateno. There's a wandering merchant that sells it too, but I forgot which one.

Yeah man I checked the shop right next to where Koko was cooking and lo and behold haha.

@ReggieHadoken Yeah the Sheikah clothing is expensive as fuck. I sold a ton of gems to get the mask though....and yes, I'd do it again. I did get the Hylian shirt. So I'm wearing that , some trousers I found in the field and the Sheikah mask. I have them all upgraded from the fountain ferry. I do want to get the rest of the Sheikah outfit and have it upgraded as a set.

I'm in Hateno Village now and bought the Warm Doublet since I never got it from the old man in the beginning. Not expensive. I ended up in the outskirts the other day by accident. I went here proper this time and holy shit...

ambushes for days. Luckily I was on the horse and just ran my way past everything, haha

I'll be back for them.
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 10
    Someone mentioned elemental weapons, I had the big thunder sword , and currently still have the great frostblade, and great flameblade. I haven't used the flame but the frost is very powerful. My strongest weapons currently are Edge of Duality (50), and a couple of ++ ancient weapons which I think the axe is at like 60.

It was funny chopping down trees in one hit with the ancient sword++.
    Post edited by NeoBlood on
    Only have a thunderblade at the moment.
    High Enough

• Mood4food77Mood4food77 Joined: Posts: 9,876
    I havent seen any elemental weapons besides fire, ice, and lightning so That's probably all there are
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,240

yup. i don't know where it is though. but the picture is obviously h.c

there are guardians EVERYWHERE. but i did find a sneaky way in

If you get to the base of where the actual castle is and run around the edge you'll eventually find the bridge it's on. There's a flying guardian hovering around above it. Getting there is kinda a bitch though.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 10
    Finally beat a dungeon today after just wandering around the world. Did anyone find the Zora helm? I found the tablet that gave the clue. I don't have to kill the Lynel up on that mountain near Zora's Domain, do I?

EDIT: N/m, found it. Spoilers if you want to know
    It's up on Toto Lake, north of Zora's Domain. Easy to get if you have Zora's armor.
    Post edited by King9999 on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,615
    where the hell is that fat korok gone to? I had more seeds to give him. I needs weapon slots dammit!
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    How many times you see him?
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Lab Cat Joined: Posts: 22,401
    WVW69kI-EeImRY_gNu

381.gif
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Ed, Zeku | Smash 4: Toon Link Blazblue: Kokonoe
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV Combo Tier List (Season 2.1)
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,414
    edited March 10
    If you have a metal crate those drones are dusted.. just use magnetism. Guardian amiibo gives you 3 a day if you have him.

Got one item from the Zelda amiibo set.

The classic sword from the 8-bit amiibo. It's just a 22 with critical hit but the description leads me to believe it has hidden properties. When I use it I'll check it out.
    Just because I lost... doesn't mean I was defeated
    "Say it loud... I main Rog and I'm proud!!!!" - Plaid Unicorn
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus
    Found the first tower I'm not sure I can climb. Can't find a spot to climb up that isn't blocked by evil goopy stuff.

WVW69kI-V_YAtOL5i2

Can't find an eye to shoot either. Not giving up though, if I have to make a bridge out of broadswords I will. :nunchuck:
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • Plaid_UnicornPlaid_Unicorn Camron should have won an Oscar for Paid in Full Joined: Posts: 10,414
    Found the first tower I'm not sure I can climb. Can't find a spot to climb up that isn't blocked by evil goopy stuff.

WVW69kI-V_YAtOL5i2

Can't find an eye to shoot either. Not giving up though, if I have to make a bridge out of broadswords I will. :nunchuck:

There are multiple ways to approach that tower. Me and a friend did it two completely different ways. It took me like 30 minutes but I figured it out
    "I'll be honest, I don't know why you hang out in Nintendo threads. You seem to hate everything they do." - Po Pimpus

WVW69kI-V_YAtOL5i2

It's definitely climbable without the use of outside objects

WVW69kI-V_YAtOL5i2

There are multiple ways to approach that tower. Me and a friend did it two completely different ways. It took me like 30 minutes but I figured it out

Yeah, just got it like 2 minutes after I posted that :rofl: Took that metal board and carried it all the way around the ruins until I found a suitable spot to make a bridge.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data

WVW69kI-V_YAtOL5i2

Yeah, just got it like 2 minutes after I posted that :rofl: Took that metal board and carried it all the way around the ruins until I found a suitable spot to make a bridge.

lol I climb it. I didn't take out the drones so didn't want to deal with that noise but there is a way to scale it without outside object. Kind of tricky.

One thing I love about this game. Multiple paths to the same end.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,409
    Tip for those with money troubles, go catch frogs/bugs/lizards and cook them with enemy parts to make elixers to sell.

It's easy to get everything needed just as you go around your business in the world and they tend to go for 40-200 rupees each.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,332
    I was looking for some fast money, but I guess I can do that... I just want the house ASAP so I can store my cool shit until I really need it.

I've been playing off and on since release, and I STILL haven't attempted a Divine Beast... Having too much fun just exploring and fucking with random shit.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • ReggieHadokenReggieHadoken Power Up Joined: Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You guys ever have your hunting sessions interrupted by the sudden appearances of enemies? I hate it when that happens. So many times I've had Chu Chu Jellies ruin my hunts.

Well last night I'm out near a new shrine I discovered and for the first time, I see a bull! Mmmmm, mmmmm, MMMMM!!!! Links is gonna get fat, tonight! So I approach it slowly, get my bow and fire arrows read. He looks in my direction! But he doesn't see me. Annnnnnd then the Guardian paroling the area shows up! Until now, every Guardian in the field I've encountered was of the ruined, immobile variety. This is the first one I've see that has functional legs and I already got snipped by one that couldn't walk! Those suckers got stupid range so I ain't even trying to screw with one that can move! And this sucker has mad speed! I ran and ran and ran and that thing STILL caught up!! Each time I thought I was safe, the frantic piano music kicked in to let me know that thing found me again! I had to warp back to a town just to get away! I'll take them on later but right now, I'm not going through the trouble.

So I came across a new enemy type last night. Look like flying members of the KKK. I'm positive they've been in Zelda games before but I can't remember the name. Anyway, this dude was teleporting all over the place and he used lightning based attacks. To make matters worse, I found this guy in the area when I found my first Zora, so of course, that means tons of water. And wouldn't you know it, a thunder storm hits! Lightning strikes the shallow water I'm in and takes away more than half my hearts. Once again, I warp to safety.

But even when this game is beating me up, I friggin' love it!
    edited March 11
    So, you remember that nice 'ol Lynel guy?
    There's another variant of him. It's a Blue-Maned one, and I ran into one while traveling far to the north: it has I think 5 times as much HP, hits even harder, and has even more attacks up its sleeve. If you're looking for a fun fight, try and find him.
    WVW69kI_r5sf1hoz1U
    I beat him first try of course, but damn did it take a while even with my 30+ power weapons. He drops an even more powerful version of the Lynel bow which still shoots 3 arrows at once, along with a few other good items. I wonder what a revived one drops...
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,615
    How many times you see him?

I ran into him once and that wasn't me trying to look for him.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    Yo... I herd u liek Horses...
    There's a STALHORSE in the game...

Yes, you can ride it.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,240
    Yo... I herd u liek Horses...
    There's a STALHORSE in the game...

Yes, you can ride it.
    Did you find the side quest where a girl wants you to get a picture of it?
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• DARKHOKAGEDARKHOKAGE BABY VIPAH!!! Joined: Posts: 546
    Femto wrote: »
    I've only been able to purchase Goat Cheese in the shops at Kakariko and Hateno. There's a wandering merchant that sells it too, but I forgot which one.

Yeah man I checked the shop right next to where Koko was cooking and lo and behold haha.

@ReggieHadoken Yeah the Sheikah clothing is expensive as fuck. I sold a ton of gems to get the mask though....and yes, I'd do it again. I did get the Hylian shirt. So I'm wearing that , some trousers I found in the field and the Sheikah mask. I have them all upgraded from the fountain ferry. I do want to get the rest of the Sheikah outfit and have it upgraded as a set.

I'm in Hateno Village now and bought the Warm Doublet since I never got it from the old man in the beginning. Not expensive. I ended up in the outskirts the other day by accident. I went here proper this time and holy shit...

ambushes for days. Luckily I was on the horse and just ran my way past everything, haha

I'll be back for them.

you didnt have to buy one. if you went back to his cabin after he leaves its in a chest
    ...fingered a chick for the first time? Rookie. I was doing that shit back in '99. Bitches knew me as The FANGERAH! I could finger a bitch all day. ALL DAY son. -Shade
    Brawl Code: 2750-0756-9483
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Currently trying to find the big Korok again so I can offload these seeds. I don't know where this forest is located, assuming he found his way there.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    There's a 2nd spot you find him. Should be close to a stable in one of the north east areas
    I didn't know other Zelda amiibos could be used in BOTW. I'd love to have Link's Wind Waker outfit or OG tunic.
  • NeoBloodNeoBlood kara bank account Joined: Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 11
    Spoiler for where the fat korok goes.
    Lost woods or more specifically...
    Korok Forest in the center of the lost woods, same place you find the master sword.

Is the triforce in this game? What games besides the first let you collect pieces of it?
    You guys ever have your hunting sessions interrupted by the sudden appearances of enemies? I hate it when that happens. So many times I've had Chu Chu Jellies ruin my hunts.

Well last night I'm out near a new shrine I discovered and for the first time, I see a bull! Mmmmm, mmmmm, MMMMM!!!! Links is gonna get fat, tonight! So I approach it slowly, get my bow and fire arrows read. He looks in my direction! But he doesn't see me. Annnnnnd then the Guardian paroling the area shows up! Until now, every Guardian in the field I've encountered was of the ruined, immobile variety. This is the first one I've see that has functional legs and I already got snipped by one that couldn't walk! Those suckers got stupid range so I ain't even trying to screw with one that can move! And this sucker has mad speed! I ran and ran and ran and that thing STILL caught up!! Each time I thought I was safe, the frantic piano music kicked in to let me know that thing found me again! I had to warp back to a town just to get away! I'll take them on later but right now, I'm not going through the trouble.

So I came across a new enemy type last night. Look like flying members of the KKK. I'm positive they've been in Zelda games before but I can't remember the name. Anyway, this dude was teleporting all over the place and he used lightning based attacks. To make matters worse, I found this guy in the area when I found my first Zora, so of course, that means tons of water. And wouldn't you know it, a thunder storm hits! Lightning strikes the shallow water I'm in and takes away more than half my hearts. Once again, I warp to safety.

2nd guys are Wizzrobes. Rush their ass down or you may end up regretting it. That Yellow Wizzrobe you fought summoned the lightning stormed. There's also a red variation that summons meteors out of the sky. I don't know if there's an ice one or not since I haven't run into one yet...but I can only imagine what it would do if you let it.

High Enough

In need of a bunch of ancient materials and don't want to fight Guardians out in the open for 'em? Find yourself...
    The Forgotten Temple. I won't spoil the location though, just keep the name in mind.
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 22,059
    NeoBlood wrote: »
    Spoiler for where the fat korok goes.
    Lost woods or more specifically...
    Korok Forest in the center of the lost woods, same place you find the master sword.

Is the triforce in this game? What games besides the first let you collect pieces of it?
    Wind Waker has the Triforce Hunt in it where you collect pieces of the Golden Power. Zelda 2 has you going after a whole piece, and in ALttP you earn all 3 and make a wish.

Not sure about portable Zeldas I haven't played most of them. Just LA and the Oracle games.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited March 11
    I know I'm behind now, but...

FINALLY GOT THE DAMN MASTER SWORD AFTER FINDING IT ALMOST A WEEK AGO NOW

And what did it take?
    You were right @Foolinfection, 13 heart containers is the minimum you need to acquire it. But I got it.

Location spoiler:
    WVW69kJCFLIo2VBPbZ
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
  • FemtoFemto Joined: Posts: 4,914
    DARKHOKAGE wrote: »
    Femto wrote: »

I'll be back for them.

you didnt have to buy one. if you went back to his cabin after he leaves its in a chest

Fucking wow, haha! It was 80 rupees so I'm not sweating it.
    Iduno wrote: »
    Tip for those with money troubles, go catch frogs/bugs/lizards and cook them with enemy parts to make elixers to sell.

It's easy to get everything needed just as you go around your business in the world and they tend to go for 40-200 rupees each.

Especially after this. I'm gonna head back to the Eastern Ruins and go parts and bug hunting. Gonna hit up the Isolated Plains as well since I never explored the snow area.

Hoping I run into Blood Moon enemies at the Isolated Plains) for some nice drops.

Managed to upgrade my Sheikah Slate as well. Itching to try the bombs, now!
    "Racism died in the 80's and 90's. Period." - ParryAll 11/10/2016
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146396/the-current-state-of-the-world-and-us-updated-first-post/p237

"I was walking home and decided to not get shot at by a Muslim by not interfering and if people want to keep enriching the US with diversity then that's their decision. Also, she was already getting raped. Me interfering would have most likely resulted in the Muslim dude getting killed and then the media picking it up as a hate crime. I just kept walking and I think I made the right choice." - ElderGod http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/208447/the-american-government-thread-youre-fired-no-really-gtfo/p424
    edited March 11
    Sheikah slate with the bomb upgrade is everything. You can just spam bombs switching between circle and square bombs..

Saved so many weapons just spamming bombs over and over.

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,938
    bombs take forever to kill though
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • eviljevilj Joined: Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 11
    evilj wrote: »
    Is this game that good?

Big fan of Zelda but I don't like open world games at all.

This statement makes no sense seeing as how Zelda was pretty much the first open world game. Lol.

If you love Zelda. You'll love this game.

the only non linear zelda game was the first zelda and a link between worlds which is my second favorite zelda. This new game looks like fallout to me which I could never get into.
    Green Karin.
    There are so many koroks
    There are so many koroks
    Apparently there are more Koroks than you need to max out all your slots- 900, to be exact.
    I don't think they expected anyone to find them all... Which is why some madman is gonna do it.

Bought my house. Now I just need to spruce it up... Off to collect more Rupees!

2nd guys are Wizzrobes. Rush their ass down or you may end up regretting it. That Yellow Wizzrobe you fought summoned the lightning stormed. There's also a red variation that summons meteors out of the sky. I don't know if there's an ice one or not since I haven't run into one yet...but I can only imagine what it would do if you let it.

Hold up, Wizzrobes summon lightning storms in this game? These guys think they Storm? Thought I was the only dude with X-Men powers.

I started encountering members of of Yiga clan and those are some fast mofos. Thankfully I've been cooking on the regular so I had all kinds of stat boosting elixirs to help me out.

Talk to Paya shirtless just for giggles. Speaking of which, I've no doubt fan fics are already in the works that ship her with Link.

Anyone got tips for getting rupees? I get the feeling I shouldn't be selling everything just to get rich.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file