The Official Qanba Fightstick Thread (New products Coming)

Comments

• shengeeshengee Enjoy the GEE Joined: Posts: 83
    How easy is it to take out the buttons and stick? Plus do you or they sell any PS1/PS2 sticks?

I'm sorry Veikuri, we don't sell PS1/PS2 sticks anymore.

Sheng
    Ultimate Gaming needs Ultimate Stick!!
    http://www.ahcart.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=76
    He's right. On HRAP3, the length is 2 1/4 inches. Maybe you guys can increase the height of it a bit? Otherwise, the sticks look really nice and I'd buy one if I had the money.

Thanks for noticing. I'll look into it.
  • llx8000llx8000 www.qanba.com Joined: Posts: 348
    Hmm, good to know that the height is shorter, I second this request to increase the length a bit more. More comfortable to go with what I'm used to.

we used JLF-TP-8YT , HRAP3 used JLF-TP-8Y ,JLF-TP-8Y has no iron panel , iron panel thickness about 2mm ,so JLF-TP-8YT shorter than JLF-TP-8Y 2 mm , you can remove iron panel from JLF-TP-8YT. The height will increase 2mm
    Hello,everyone, I'm Xianglong , from ShenZhen China.
    our website:www.qanba.com
    If you can not read Chinese, please Using Google translate Chinese into English
  • SePhoBrothSePhoBroth EATS PHO & LOVE IT Joined: Posts: 281
    is it just me or do the buttons on the QanBa Q3 PS3/PC 2in1 Wireless joystick look too close together?

hehe Look at the art, it's not even lined up straight. Everything just looks like a disaster from this company.
    Your facts are in fact your opinion.
    "REAL TALK" where everything said before was not real.
    Why have a secondary when your main sucks?
  • fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    -_- at the Sephobroth comment...
    to me the buttons layout is more than accurate..
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Actually, it's the art playing tricks on the eyes. They look more crescent than perfectly overlapping round.

I take it that with Qanba 2 and 3 changing the stick to a Seimitsu LS-32 is easy? Does it need the SS plate?
    What about the art, what about the shaft height, and what about the bent shaft? Sorry, I just don't see the quality in these sticks.
  • fokkusuhaundofokkusuhaundo true bubble struggle Joined: Posts: 695
    I believe it was intentional for the art around the buttons to be white crescents instead of circle outlines, thus making it look a little off when it actually is lined up the way it should. The goal was probably to make something that looked like the Vewlix panel art but not quite. The shaft height is only 2.5 mm less than the TE's shaft and the bent shaft was from an isolated incident of faulty shipping.
    youはshock!
    PSN: nxsr
  • ExtraDasExtraDas Now with more Extra! Joined: Posts: 443
    What about the art, what about the shaft height, and what about the bent shaft? Sorry, I just don't see the quality in these sticks.

Seems you have a hard-on for the Qanba guys, for no other reason then boredom.

The artwork itself was designed to look exactly the way it looks. It's a take on a Vewlix design without copying original artwork. (This should be blatantly obvious but whatever)
    Shaft hight is spot on for stick used. Remember, not all sticks are mounted at the same hight.
    Button spacing, layout, etc is also spot on.

Your "Jap made stick only" elitism is no excuse to spew BS in their official thread.
    If you owned the stick yourself or had a chance to review it, we'd all gladly listen.
    But disliking it simply because it's made by a Chinese company is not only elitism but racist as well.

BTW, MadCatz and HORI both make their sticks in China, along with every bit of electronic equipment you have in your house right now.
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,830
    Oh yes, did you meet up with shengee yet ExtraDas?
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Just letting you guys know I saw the Qanba 2 on dealextreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32286) it goes for about $133 with free shipping. I got mine in about a month.

WOW im amazed it was worth every cent :) , I used to own a hrap3 but i prefer this a lot more. Thanks qanba!
    Oh yes, did you meet up with shengee yet ExtraDas?

Haven't had a chance yet. Life's been a bit hectic away from keyboard.
    I'm hoping to get it done sometime next week, schedules permitting.
  • uraizenuraizen Joined: Posts: 54
    we used JLF-TP-8YT , HRAP3 used JLF-TP-8Y ,JLF-TP-8Y has no iron panel , iron panel thickness about 2mm ,so JLF-TP-8YT shorter than JLF-TP-8Y 2 mm , you can remove iron panel from JLF-TP-8YT. The height will increase 2mm

Noted, thanks.
    Just letting you guys know I saw the Qanba 2 on dealextreme (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.32286) it goes for about $133 with free shipping. I got mine in about a month.

WOW im amazed it was worth every cent :) , I used to own a hrap3 but i prefer this a lot more. Thanks qanba!

Did dealextreme package the stick safely? I've ordered from them before but never something this big.
    Seems you have a hard-on for the Qanba guys, for no other reason then boredom.

The artwork itself was designed to look exactly the way it looks. It's a take on a Vewlix design without copying original artwork. (This should be blatantly obvious but whatever)
    Shaft hight is spot on for stick used. Remember, not all sticks are mounted at the same hight.
    Button spacing, layout, etc is also spot on.

Your "Jap made stick only" elitism is no excuse to spew BS in their official thread.
    If you owned the stick yourself or had a chance to review it, we'd all gladly listen.
    But disliking it simply because it's made by a Chinese company is not only elitism but racist as well.

BTW, MadCatz and HORI both make their sticks in China, along with every bit of electronic equipment you have in your house right now.
    Seems like you have a hard on for me. You must be bored to or do you own the company? I might be wrong on the art but shaft height? I'm sorry they should at least mention it. I would be pretty piss if I bought one only to realize the shaft height is different from Hori or Madcatz.

WTF are you reading? when did I say I didn't like it because it's made in China or by Chinese people?
    Haven't had a chance yet. Life's been a bit hectic away from keyboard.
    I'm hoping to get it done sometime next week, schedules permitting.

Feel free to shoot me an email or give me a ring, buddy!!!
    Folks,

Thanks for your valuable feedbacks and all the supports. Thank you very much. But take it easy guys! No offense please!

Actually, when it comes to fight sticks. There's really no standard sticks but only BETTER sticks. I admit that our sticks are a little bit low due to the thick metal plate and plexi-glass we used. But in another hand, we made our sticks hard as solid. If it's really bothering you guys, please let us know. Again, we need your valuable feedbacks so that we can enhance and improve ourselves.

OK, It's another year folks, Ahcart.com is having 10% off (Code: QANBA2010) on all fightsticksfor year 2010 until the Chinese New Year (2/14/2010). Free standard shipping within the U.S. continent. Ships international.

P.S. the PS3 Wireless will be accepting pre-order this Friday (1/15/2010). Actual launching day will be 2/6/2010.
    Here's the PS3 Album: Q3 PS3 Wireless
    Actually, it's the art playing tricks on the eyes. They look more crescent than perfectly overlapping round.

I take it that with Qanba 2 and 3 changing the stick to a Seimitsu LS-32 is easy? Does it need the SS plate?

yes you change stick to Seimitsu LS-32 is very easy in QanBa 3 .

Look?
    T2UrdXXjXXXXXXXXXX_!!23208846.jpg_620x10000.jpg
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Only on a Q3? Damn...There is a guy in the Philippines selling Q2's and I was hoping I could try it on with Seimitsus.
    Only on a Q3? Damn...There is a guy in the Philippines selling Q2's and I was hoping I could try it on with Seimitsus.

No. You can install Seimitsus sticks on both Q2 and Q3 series fightsticks.
    I'm itching for MarkMan's review..
    QanBa 2 WUJI PS3/PC 2in1 Joystick (White)

201011419136784.jpg

201011419174408.jpg

http://www.qanba.com/newshow.asp?n_id=79
    Wow! that looks great the white color super clean! do they come in wireless or wired versions?
    Wow! that looks great the white color super clean! do they come in wireless or wired versions?

QanBa 2 WUJI PS3/PC 2in1 Joystick (White) is wired versions
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,850
    I have to admit the White Qanba looks slick!

Is that one and the variant with the HRAP V color scheme available for order at some weblink?

Looking for PS3 versions, btw...
    Anyone that owns one of these sticks that can do a non-biased comparison with a TE stick?

Thanks.

Is the US sales site's pricing whopping $50+ more or am I using the wrong conversion table?

http://store.qanba.com/?product-90.html

http://www.ahcart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_77_78&products_id=226

Or are they not the same product...? :china:

Damn. Your shipping provider must be ripping you off by a ton.
    Anyone that owns one of these sticks that can do a non-biased comparison with a TE stick?

Thanks.

Is the US sales site's pricing whopping $50+ more or am I using the wrong conversion table?

http://store.qanba.com/?product-90.html

http://www.ahcart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_77_78&products_id=226

Or are they not the same product...? :china:

because shipping costs is very expensive from China to USA.
  • tekniqstekniqs Joined: Posts: 681
    i've used one personally and it's a good stick...the stick was a bit loose compared to my hrap but about the same as my TE (well b4 i added springs)...it's pretty sturdy..you can play lap/floor/table and it won't move much (if at all). all in all it's a good stick...the default button config is weird though so you're gonna have to play around with that or rewire it.
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    I played on a friend's stick the other day.

For the most part, it's a pretty decent stick. The weight of the unit is very solid. It's not going to move around on you. The construction seemed very sturdy. The button layout was fine, other than the fact I hate having 8 face buttons. I'm not used to that, so I kept on doing DP > FADC > Taunt, as my pinky kept hitting L2 whenever I would hit three punches. That's clearly not the stick's fault, though. The PCB seemed fine too, at least in the minimal testing I did.

The shaft length was, indeed, shorter than standard, however. If you are a stickler for arcade accuracy, I wouldn't recommend it for that reason alone. If you don't care so much... it's probably not that big of a deal. I was still able to execute more or less fine.

If they could fix shaft length to conform with arcade perfection, I'd compare it directly to a HRAP in quality. In fact, it has a more solid feel than the HRAP. I can't compare it directly to a TE, as they weren't released yet when I moved overseas.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • SpiderjerichoSpiderjericho Joined: Posts: 338
    I received a PS3 and Xbox Qanba2 stick in the mail on Friday. I posted in the other thread but here are my impressions in a nutshell:

Positives:

Sanwa stick and buttons
    Sturdy
    Faux Plexi-glass (or maybe it's real)
    Artwork easy to swap
    Performance similar to HRAP3 or TE

Negatives:
    Short cord (a lot shorter than TE or SE)
    Short shaft (already noted)

Unknowns:
    durability
    innards (I didn't open it up)

I posted picks in the Neogaf Arcadestick thread.

With the prices of OG TEs and HRAPs right now, I'd say it's probably better to invest in them. But if you're a stick collector, this will make a fine addition to your collection. And if you want something to separate or distinguish yourself, this will also fit the bill.
  • jamesepoopjamesepoop making this look easy Joined: Posts: 1,324
    When is the Qanba 3 stick available? I thought it said it would be available for presale last week..
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's blog for review of new arcade parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    Any word on whether the Qanba 3's joystick is set higher than the Qanba 2? I love the look of this new stick but I already find the sticks to be small in the hori/mad catz cases - any smaller would be a dealbreaker unfortunately =\

Also, where is the best place to order one for Australia? Shipping from the US costs about $100..
  • kt6192003kt6192003 Joined: Posts: 36
    Would an s-plate fit on these? Maybe that can fix the height issue.
    Any word on whether the Qanba 3's joystick is set higher than the Qanba 2? I love the look of this new stick but I already find the sticks to be small in the hori/mad catz cases - any smaller would be a dealbreaker unfortunately =\

Also, where is the best place to order one for Australia? Shipping from the US costs about $100..

you can contact me . my MSN: zhongxianglong@hotmail.com
  • ShotgunSteveShotgunSteve Goes by Henners Joined: Posts: 575
    the cheaper Qanba sticks look a lot like the sticks from the company SiTong that was around here lsat spring or so. Is there any relation? These new Qanba's look amazing. :D I want the Qanba 3 for the Xbox 360. Any idea on it's release and final price?
    QanBa Q3 package photo

Deluxe Gift Box Size:43*31*15 CM

35843_25972_22823_23567_IMG_3894.JPG

With windows

35843_25972_22823_23567_IMG_3901.JPG

35843_25972_22823_23567_IMG_3899.JPG
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,968
    Wow, really nice packaging.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
    guys, 'm planning to get an arcade really soon. which is better, this one (Qanba 3 for PS3) or MadCatz's TE stick. please reply thank you. I need input from harcore gamers.
    Depends on what you like.
    If you like solid, heavy MDF cases and a really nice finish, Qanba is pretty much unbeatable. This makes it a bit hard to take on the road/touries.
    TE is a great stick, and well supported in terms of plexi, modding, etc. It's also proven, well tested and from a known and well respected company (Might be debatable, as I still don't trust MadCatz...but they did make a good stick)
    As far as parts go, both use the same Sanwa parts and as such, should both perform the same.

Qanba is much closer to a custom stick then a mass produced one......Including a hacked pad PCB for the XBOX 360 version of it. :P
  • azisazis Megaton Puncher Joined: Posts: 255 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When is the Qanba 3 stick available?

I would like to buy one. Or maybe some.
  • fiolfiol Joined: Posts: 1,419
    QanBa Q3 package photo

Deluxe Gift Box Size:43*31*15 CM

cut

With windows

cut

cut

really nice!
    Lowpstore.com (the best place for arcade stick and stuff) Check it out!
    When is the Qanba 3 stick available?

I would like to buy one. Or maybe some.

QanBa Q3 Will listing Feb 2 in China
    Depends on what you like.
    If you like solid, heavy MDF cases and a really nice finish, Qanba is pretty much unbeatable. This makes it a bit hard to take on the road/touries.
    TE is a great stick, and well supported in terms of plexi, modding, etc. It's also proven, well tested and from a known and well respected company (Might be debatable, as I still don't trust MadCatz...but they did make a good stick)
    As far as parts go, both use the same Sanwa parts and as such, should both perform the same.

Qanba is much closer to a custom stick then a mass produced one......Including a hacked pad PCB for the XBOX 360 version of it. :P

thanks for the quick reply ExtraDas. I think I'm goona go with the TE because it is easily modifiable just in case i don't like the feel for the ball top stick and the 4 gate. Anyhow, for those of you who are getting this Qanba stick, i want to know how you guys are satisfied with it.
    Chow
  • pootnanniespootnannies numb the pain of numbness Joined: Posts: 3,089
    that vewlix ps3 stick looks awesome! will the xbox360 get the same style stick soon?
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
    thanks for the quick reply ExtraDas. I think I'm goona go with the TE because it is easily modifiable just in case i don't like the feel for the ball top stick and the 4 gate. Anyhow, for those of you who are getting this Qanba stick, i want to know how you guys are satisfied with it.
    Chow

As they use the same parts, they can be modded equaly to the same extent in terms of hardware. As the Qanba is made from MDF, it might be even easier to do odd mods as you can drill and screw into it like wood. TE is a plastic case so it's not possible to move the stick location for examle (if anyone ever wanted to do that)
    In real life terms, there is no difference in moddability.
    QanBa Q3 Will listing Feb 2 in China

QanBa Q3 will be available at www.ahcart.com on Feb 2nd as well.
    Hey Shengee, could you check your PM's or email I sent you and let me know what works for you?

Thanks mate
  • Nucking Futs!Nucking Futs! Joined: Posts: 1,278
    Any word on whether the Qanba 3's joystick is set higher than the Qanba 2? I love the look of this new stick but I already find the sticks to be small in the hori/mad catz cases - any smaller would be a dealbreaker unfortunately =\...

Perhaps I missed the response to this question but?
    Current fav's the Hori RAP4 VLX! Like the MickeyD's commercial..."I'm lovin it"
    Hey Shengee, could you check your PM's or email I sent you and let me know what works for you?

Thanks mate

Oh, I'm sorry I did not check the PM. is there a way to set up a notifier for that?
    QanBa "Q3" PS3 Wireless Joystick

Product parameter:

QanBa "Q3" PS3 Wireless Arcade Joystick

Joystick: Original Sanwa Joystick JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W

Buttons: Original Sanwa Buttons OBSF-30-W

Buttons Map: SELECT?PS?START?MODE?TURBO 8 funcation buttons (Vewlix )

Frame Body: Pure black streamlined box body

Product Size: 380*240*60mm

PackageSize: 430*310*150mm

Fixed mode: 6 non-slip pad

Weight: About 5Kg

Accessories: Warranty card (one-year warranty), Manual,Wireless receiver,3 meters USB charging line

Product features:

1. Wireless 2.4G technology, with wireless receiver, as far as effective control of 10 meters distance, without delay with the sudden interruption, transmission signal stability

2. Built in lithium battery powered module, joystick usage time after full power to 40 hours

3. With 3 meters long USB charging line, 2 hours can be filled with power

4. If the joystick in 4 minutes without any operation, it will automatically enter sleep mode. Need to reuse, press SELECT\PS\START button can be wake it up

5.Turbo button can use on STG Games FTG Games,you can choose by yourself

6.Mode button use on some PC Emu Games set

7. Beautiful streamlined box body, more comfortable while playing game

8. Compatible with PS3 thick/thin machines, desktop computers, notebook. When used on the computer, insert the wireless receiver Windows2000/XP/VISTA/7 system will automatically recognize the joystick

9.Internal entire post thrust line design?you can easily upgrade components

Support game:

PS3 Platform: Street Fighter 4?Soul Calibur 4?Tekken 6?BlazBlue?Raiden 4

PC Platform: Street Fighter 4?Guilty Gear XX?Melty Blood?The king of fighters
    Photos of in Beijing game shop
    1265299121294.jpg

1265299176825.jpg

1265298436968.jpg

1265298423418.jpg

1265299193606.jpg