The Official Qanba Fightstick Thread (New products Coming)

Comments

• TOKiMONSTATOKiMONSTA Girl Gamer! ^_~ Joined: Posts: 352
    surge101: please write an email to zhongxianglong@hotmail.com and state your inquiry. don't forget to include the exact model you own.

tokimonsta: they will work as long as you don't use the short ones.

Could you give me the model # of the ones that are not the short ones? I am trying to buy the PS-14-KNs
    Girls are just as good as guys at video games! Nyah~! ^_~
  • AlMualimAlMualim Nothing is true and everything is permitted Joined: Posts: 7
    Does anybody know if the ice red Q4 RAF has a sanwa start button or is it the same knockoff found in the black version?
    "I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing at the wind. For in much wisdom, is much grief. And he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow."
  • ShingotinkShingotink Joined: Posts: 64
    Does anybody know if the ice red Q4 RAF has a sanwa start button or is it the same knockoff found in the black version?
    Any new stick since November would have a Sanwa start button.
  • Mr SpadoinkleMr Spadoinkle Joined: Posts: 32
    Guys,

I recently picked up a limited edition ice red version of the Q4 whilst on holiday in Malaysia.

Whilst I love the aracde stick, the red door panel broke within a week of getting it home.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement door panel?

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • EnemySightedEnemySighted FBZ BBW Joined: Posts: 13
    hey guys, i'm having a lot of trouble replacing the default start button on the qanba q4raf with a sanwa button, the fit is really tight, it won't go all the way in, any tips?? thanks
    You think your nice?? Go play RYU!!!!
  • ointmentsointments Mr. Clean Up Joined: Posts: 384
    hey guys, i'm having a lot of trouble replacing the default start button on the qanba q4raf with a sanwa button, the fit is really tight, it won't go all the way in, any tips?? thanks

You could try and lightly sand the little nubs off the buttons, all they do really is to make sure the buttons fit tight.

edit: These things, the picture isn't the greatest, but it's the best Google gave me as an example:
    ehg190.jpg
  • DremoraDremora Joined: Posts: 4
    So this might seem like a strange question but is there an American site that sells the Q3 still? The Q3 is my favorite but I can't seem to find it anywhere besides Asian sites which charge over $60 for shipping.
  • EricThe InternEricThe Intern I DROP COMBOSSSS!!! Joined: Posts: 387
    So this might seem like a strange question but is there an American site that sells the Q3 still? The Q3 is my favorite but I can't seem to find it anywhere besides Asian sites which charge over $60 for shipping.

I tried google searching but I didn't have much luck to be honest. Most vendors were over seas and had around that same shipping charge. One thing I did find was in the link below to Canadian Joysticks which it seems you've already found. As for the questions, I can't answer those except that when they say "generic filler buttons" I don't think you'll be getting sanwa's or seimitsu's.

http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/qanba-q3-do-it-yourself-joystick-shell-case/
  • DremoraDremora Joined: Posts: 4
    Yes, I've spent a bunch of time trying to compare costs with that do-it-yourself kit. I'd be interested in building my own if I knew that the shell was of good quality but it's hard to even tell if that one is actually qanba or just a cheap knock-off.

Like, I wouldn't mind buying a separate stick and replacement sanwa buttons if it meant a solid stick especially because I could make it dual-modded super easily right from the get go. Comes down to whether or not that shell is any good.
    Yes, I've spent a bunch of time trying to compare costs with that do-it-yourself kit. I'd be interested in building my own if I knew that the shell was of good quality but it's hard to even tell if that one is actually qanba or just a cheap knock-off.

From what I'm reading, it's a solid wood case and the reply from the customer service people to an earlier comment said: These are new items. For full disclosure, we do spot checks to make sure they don't have any defects before we ship them out.

To me that seems legit enough considering they have many other Qanba products available but you're best bet would be to either wait for a reply from Paxos or go take a look at your Trading Post post as someone pointed you in the direction of an Empire Arcadia Q3 that someone is selling.
  • MotoyukiMotoyuki Joined: Posts: 258
    Arcadeshock.com had them in stock for a few months. Sadly, they just recently sold out around ncr.
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 1,009

Like, I wouldn't mind buying a separate stick and replacement sanwa buttons if it meant a solid stick especially because I could make it dual-modded super easily right from the get go. Comes down to whether or not that shell is any good.

It is the same case as the PS3 Q3 Wireless. Its guts is just removed, and it comes with no Sanwa parts.
  • dicciediccie Joined: Posts: 11
    I got the Q4RAF stick a couple of weeks ago and so far its great apart from one thing.

The problem i'm having is that when i try to press 3 punch or kick buttons at once, i sometimes get a button pressed before the 3 or other times i only hit 2. This obviously means normal moves/super are coming out often when i try to ultra.

I know the button layout is slightly different and this could well be the problem , but i've played quite a lot on it now.

I'm finding that the button presses don't feel "as solid" as on my Madcatz TE. It doesn't feel like there is something rigid behind the buttons, has anyone else felt this way and could it be the problem ?

Also are the Sanwa buttons on this stick are identical to the Madcatz TE right ?
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    Yes they're identical to the buttons found in the Madcatz TE.
    The button layout is also identical (sans the start button being on the face)
    The issue is human error, figure out which button is getting pressed first and adjust your hand.
  • dicciediccie Joined: Posts: 11
    Yes they're identical to the buttons found in the Madcatz TE.
    The button layout is also identical (sans the start button being on the face)
    The issue is human error, figure out which button is getting pressed first and adjust your hand.

The button layout is not the same , the buttons are much closer together than on the TE.

I never had this problem on the Madcatz TE. The button/button that are pressed first differs !
    The button layout is not the same , the buttons are much closer together than on the TE.

I never had this problem on the Madcatz TE. The button/button that are pressed first differs !

Have you tested this out in training with the input turned on? This would be the best way to show if it's human error or mechanical. Go in and try each button separately first. Single presses to see if it shows up as a single press or multiple even if you don't have turbo on. Next try two buttons at once and see if it reads it the same every time or the order changes when pressed. After that, try all three buttons and again, see if you get the same order every time or the change order when pressed.

If you get all three buttons to show in the same order at the same time consistently, then it's something you're doing wrong. If it's all over the place, then it's your stick.
  • PaperTigrePaperTigre すごい!!!!! Joined: Posts: 2,200
    Okay champ, you keep thinking that.
  • learis1learis1 Guardian Cadet Joined: Posts: 818
    Couldn't get my Q4 to work with my generic xbox headset. The console recognizes that a headset is in, but I can't hear anyone nor can they hear me. Anyone else have this problem?
    Mend and Defend

SF5: Fighter Tag: Learis1
    main char: Ryu
    avg lp: 2000

SF4: main char: Fei Long
  • ClamperClamper Joined: Posts: 422
    Anyone know where i can find a replacement usb cord for qanba r4 ? Is there a specific name for the connector that goes in the circuit board ?

Here's an image of it:

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2011/09/26_qanbareview05.jpg

Please, any help would be appreciated.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,968
    Anyone know where i can find a replacement usb cord for qanba r4 ? Is there a specific name for the connector that goes in the circuit board ?

If you can solder then you can use any standard USB cable.

Alternatively use a small 4way terminal strip and splice the wires together like that.
  • Program2Program2 Joined: Posts: 41
    Does anyone know if the black version of the Qanba Q4RAF comes with a Sanwa start button?
    Does anyone know if the black version of the Qanba Q4RAF comes with a Sanwa start button?
    Any new stick since November would have a Sanwa start button.
    I feel like I just answered this question a few days ago.
  • Program2Program2 Joined: Posts: 41
    Thanks Shingotink I appreciate it. I only asked because eightarc told me that the Q4Raf (Black Standard Edition) they are selling does not come with the Sanwa start button.
  • jkuc316jkuc316 In Mashing DP rehab Joined: Posts: 17
    How do u use the headset for the Q4RAF?
    I feel like I just answered this question a few days ago.
    Lol. And you'll probably continue to answer it for a while.
    How do u use the headset for the Q4RAF?
    If you have the standard 2.5 headset that came with your Xbox, I'd suggest just sticking with that. I never touched the headset that came with my Q4 but if you still wish to use the Qanba supplied headset, I think it's honestly as easy as plugging it in and putting it on your head.

26_qanbareview02.jpg
    Thanks Shingotink I appreciate it. I only asked because eightarc told me that the Q4Raf (Black Standard Edition) they are selling does not come with the Sanwa start button.
    I guess they still have not sold out of the old model then.
  • jkuc316jkuc316 In Mashing DP rehab Joined: Posts: 17
    Lol. And you'll probably continue to answer it for a while.

If you have the standard 2.5 headset that came with your Xbox, I'd suggest just sticking with that. I never touched the headset that came with my Q4 but if you still wish to use the Qanba supplied headset, I think it's honestly as easy as plugging it in and putting it on your head.

26_qanbareview02.jpg
    I tried plugging it but it doesn't seem to work. Using PS3 btw
    I tried plugging it but it doesn't seem to work. Using PS3 btw
    Mic jack is for Xbox only. PS3 requires a Bluetooth or USB mic
  • mustbeh4xmustbeh4x Win! Joined: Posts: 67
    Hello everyone, I have a question in refrence to the black q4raf. If the original artwork is removed are you left with an all black plexi cover?
    "Winning isn't everything; it’s the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
    Hello everyone, I have a question in refrence to the black q4raf. If the original artwork is removed are you left with an all black plexi cover?
    I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but the artwork for Qanba's are printed directly onto the stock plexiglass (this was the case with my White Qanba Q4 and I assume that it's the same for the rest of the Q4 series). So if you remove the stock plexi from the stick, you'll be left with with no plexi. Also, trying to remove the printed on artwork failed for me and I had to scrap the stock plexi.
  • Runaway MagnetoRunaway Magneto Joined: Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if I can get a Qanba Q4 or whatever without the Start button on-top? Or isn't Eight Arc's and Qanbas made by same company, and if so is there a way I can just get an Eight Arc with a Handle on it? Info on this would be greaty appreciated! Thanks!
  • paxospaxos Joined: Posts: 289
    eightarc sticks do not qualify for a free handle afaik.
    well if you think that this kind of behavior is right, then go ahead.
    but do not be surprised if this kind of goodwill shown by qanba (or any other company, for that matter) will cease if consumers just misuse it or openly propagate its misuse in qanba's own thread...just my 2 ct.
  • MokoMoko Joined: Posts: 9
    Are there any official Qanba retailers in China? If so, where?
  • Diesel2025Diesel2025 Joined: Posts: 8
    Hey guys I just purchased a qanba Q4raf from amazon through eightarc and after waiting a week for it to arrive i open it out of the box and my entire top row of buttons do not work. Also occasionally the x/square button will fire off without being touched. This is a great disappointment after having paid $140 plush shipping for a stick that doesn't work. I plugged in my Madcatz TE to see if its the game and it works flawlessly. do you all have any idea of how to fix this.
  • relyzSFrelyzSF 2011'er Joined: Posts: 41
    Guys,

I recently picked up a limited edition ice red version of the Q4 whilst on holiday in Malaysia.

Whilst I love the aracde stick, the red door panel broke within a week of getting it home.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement door panel?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have the same problem, is there anyway to get a replacement door panel? or an easy way to fix it?
  • GomezGomez Bad At Fighting Games Joined: Posts: 59
    Finally modded my qanaba arcadestick

photo1.jpg

photo-1.jpg
    Xbox: Gomez SF
    PSN: Gomez-SF
    diesel: please contact your retailer or eightarc.

gomez: very nice, you can post this picture on www.facebook.com/qanba if you want.
  • Nobus3r1Nobus3r1 #RiseUp? Joined: Posts: 5,387
    Was just thinking that (even as a limited edition) a clear smoke (ideally matching the Sanwa and Seimitsu clear buttons) colored Q4RAF 3-in-1 would be really badass.
    House of Bane
    ID: 8V596
  • hc00jwhc00jw Joined: Posts: 10
    Is it possible to rewire the stick so that start and select are swapped around?

I'm thinking this may be advantageous aside from the obvious removing the accidental hitting of the start button (as big or little of a problem as this may actually be), but to make select available in games for fight stick players when this button activates taunt, and even possibly for plinking "safely" without getting an unintended button press on the second button (although this may actually be like the Klingon death grip in practice)?

I don't currently own one of these sticks but am looking to either get a dual modded custom build from b15sdmdesigns or one of these, so am just weighing up the pros and cons of both!