The Official Qanba Fightstick Thread (New products Coming)

Comments

• VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    Where do you live? There's a thread called "Need a modder?"
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • 9thpixel9thpixel 9 Joined: Posts: 215
    Vicko wrote: »
    Where do you live? There's a thread called "Need a modder?"
    I am in Georgia, USA. I found a modders topic somewhere on the forums that looked super outdated. Not long after I made the post I noticed the one on top of this section of the forums and felt silly, but upon looking through it I was a bit confused by it. I don't mind not being able to physically see the person that does the mod, but everyone posts like they NEED someone in their state to do a mod.
  • VickoVicko Vegas Modder Extraordinaire! Joined: Posts: 2,829
    for GA I recommend @Gummo or @DaRabidDuckie via mail order
    SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year 2015
    Need a stick modded? I can dual mod, repair, and customize your stick or Hitbox for PS4/PS3/XB1/360

www.vickomods.com
    lol
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 77
    I have a Qanba Q1 Can i put IL magnetic stick?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    unaigalder wrote: »
    I have a Qanba Q1 Can i put IL magnetic stick?

NO, it will not physically fit.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • ZeroMaverick09ZeroMaverick09 Joined: Posts: 1
    edited August 2016
    So, I just bought a Qanba Q4 RAF Ice Blue because I read that SFV, MKX, and KOF14 all support legacy controllers. But now I'm reading that they don't support this specific legacy controller? Or some Q4 RAFs work, some don't. Is this true?

Edit: Just tried it with Street Fighter V. Totally works :)
    Post edited by ZeroMaverick09 on
  • jabawoojabawoo Joined: Posts: 2
    I've been using my Qanba Fusion Ivory for SFV on the PS4 and about three times now, it has plain stopped working. Each time this has happened, I have to go back to menu and reconnect it as a legacy controller. Pretty obvious reasons why this sucks; switching to a pad in the middle of a match is the worse lol.

Wondering if anyone else had this issue? Think it's an issue with the cable or something else?
    I'm considering buying a replacement cable from arcadeshock but wouldn't mind some insight before I make the purchase.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,519
    Will the Q4/fusion form factor ever be used again? Really wanted to pick one up for its shell but looks like nobody is selling them anymore :frowning:
  • Onika_Maraj_08Onika_Maraj_08 Joined: Posts: 4
    I have a Qanba Q2 Pro with the LED lights, and i think dust has gotten in under one of my buttons. All the info i can find for disassembly in order to clean/change buttons is for buttons that dont have the LED involved. anyone able to link me to somewhere that would help me clean the buttons? It is my first fight stick and now i am sitting here with it wide open and not sure what to do :(
  • Onika_Maraj_08Onika_Maraj_08 Joined: Posts: 4
    like i dont even know how to put the button back in, all the things I see for button switching/cleaning dont have buttons the have a ball bearing in them? i dont know if the spring goes in first or the ball bearing :(
  • CharlespipeCharlespipe Joined: Posts: 1
    jabawoo wrote: »
    I've been using my Qanba Fusion Ivory for SFV on the PS4 and about three times now, it has plain stopped working. Each time this has happened, I have to go back to menu and reconnect it as a legacy controller. Pretty obvious reasons why this sucks; switching to a pad in the middle of a match is the worse lol.

Wondering if anyone else had this issue? Think it's an issue with the cable or something else?
    I'm considering buying a replacement cable from arcadeshock but wouldn't mind some insight before I make the purchase.

I had this issue, check that you've not got you're DS4 controller to turn off after 5mins, switching it to never turn off seemed to fix it for me.
  • jabawoojabawoo Joined: Posts: 2
    I had this issue, check that you've not got you're DS4 controller to turn off after 5mins, switching it to never turn off seemed to fix it for me.

I actually do have my DS4 set to never turn off but my Ivory still disconnects randomly. I think I'm just going to buy a replacement cable and hope the problem is fixed that way.
    Thanks for the reply!
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Buddy bought the white qanba 2 pro and his trying to get it to work with ki and sfv on pc what does he need
  • unaiunai Joined: Posts: 3
    1 x Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Joystick with cable JLF
    Sanwa JLW-TM-8 Joystick - Green
    4lb Tension Spring for Sanwa JLF
    FA.DAB .20 Ounce Shin-Etsu Silicone Grease Vial
    Sanwa OBSF-30 Snap In Arcade Button X 8 o Sanwa OBSN-30 Screw In Arcade Button
    That working fine with Qanba Q1
  • llx8000llx8000 www.qanba.com Joined: Posts: 348
    like i dont even know how to put the button back in, all the things I see for button switching/cleaning dont have buttons the have a ball bearing in them? i dont know if the spring goes in first or the ball bearing :(
    I have a Qanba Q2 Pro with the LED lights, and i think dust has gotten in under one of my buttons. All the info i can find for disassembly in order to clean/change buttons is for buttons that dont have the LED involved. anyone able to link me to somewhere that would help me clean the buttons? It is my first fight stick and now i am sitting here with it wide open and not sure what to do :(

can you send some picts to us:
    info@qanba.com
    Hello,everyone, I'm Xianglong , from ShenZhen China.
    our website:www.qanba.com
    If you can not read Chinese, please Using Google translate Chinese into English
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 77
    it bought material Sanwa what´s to Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Hex Gate Qanba or Squre Gate Sanwa
  • DubonDubon Joined: Posts: 436
    Wow that thing looks intriguing. I wonder what those white little things at the back are.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,519
    Dubon wrote: »
    Wow that thing looks intriguing. I wonder what those white little things at the back are.

Maybe locks for the flip open mechanism? Like if you pull them away from the case then it lets you access the internals like in the pictures but when they're pushed in they prevent you from doing that. Just a guess.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,862

Guess this was the early prototype from a few years back, looks muuuuch better now.
    You can see it in a few pics.
    Cw4a_1ZUAAE16JO.jpg
    Cw4QLvzVIAANeY_.jpg
    Cw3sVGkVQAEPnL1.jpg
  • oodkoodk Joined: Posts: 316
    look like a stick you can easily customize. Hopefully is not too heavy
  • J.D.E.J.D.E. Joined: Posts: 117
    Is the Qanba Dragon fairly easy to mod?
    "Fight you?? No, I wanna kill you!" - Gohan

• gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,966
    J.D.E. wrote: »
    Is the Qanba Dragon fairly easy to mod?

Fuck knows. It's not even been stated if the PCB is common ground. Remember the original TE2? Lol.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,711
    That price tag though. lol.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,046
    eltrouble wrote: »

$299.99 is nothing to sneeze at, but when you want something that labeled as Premium, you get what you paid for.
    Gone are the days of the Mad Catz overstock sales.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • SontawilaSontawila Joined: Posts: 96
    hey,
    a question regarding the New Qanba Obsidian Fight Stick, does the touch pad have the two buttons found in the PS4 pad? (u know, when u press the lift/right edge of the touch pad)
  • SontawilaSontawila Joined: Posts: 96
    why no love? :(
  • VinushikaVinushika Joined: Posts: 112
    Got the Crystal as a replacement for my Q2 Glow so I don't have to use a Brook board. Anyone else finding the latch on the cable compartment to be a little flimsy? It feels like it's going to crack off any day now, while the Glow had a really solid joint there.

Loving all the extra stuff they packed into it though, especially the multi LED modes so I don't have to be worried about them burning out because I leave the stick plugged in all day.
    Let's fight like gentlemen.
    Sontawila wrote: »
    hey,
    a question regarding the New Qanba Obsidian Fight Stick, does the touch pad have the two buttons found in the PS4 pad? (u know, when u press the lift/right edge of the touch pad)

yes, like DS4 touch pad
    Sontawila wrote: »
    why no love? :(

sorry, reply delayed.
  • Captain_HawkeCaptain_Hawke Joined: Posts: 39
    Darksakul wrote: »
    eltrouble wrote: »

$299.99 is nothing to sneeze at, but when you want something that labeled as Premium, you get what you paid for.
    Gone are the days of the Mad Catz overstock sales.

where those sales really good? I'm kind of sad I missed those days. Wasn't a big stick user back then.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Left behind Joined: Posts: 2,732
    I'm really tempted by getting the Obsidian Stick,especially if the price tag don't change even for foreign countries (I'm in Italy). I don't get it if the stick has a plexi or not, I'm asking this because I prefer to keep my 6 buttons layout without using button plugs. Then yeah,if this will be available in EU.
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 402
    Obsidian look very good

Does look good
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 495
    Agreed. I think it looks way better than the dragon. Just my opinion though.
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 218
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »

same, I love the obsidian and I'm trying to get the money to pre order one and get that free bag. also it's just me but I think the dragon is ugly af.
  • TizTozBriBruTizTozBriBru Joined: Posts: 253
    The stick on the Crystal has waaaay too much travel for me, can it be fixed with a tighter stick or spring or is it part of the Crystal's design? (forgive my ignorance please) Aside from the huge travel i have no complaints.
    EndRant wrote: »
    STEZO_ONE wrote: »

same, I love the obsidian and I'm trying to get the money to pre order one and get that free bag. also it's just me but I think the dragon is ugly af.

Yeah. Would love to actually try out the dragon but it just doesn't make sense to me since I don't have the money for it right now. I've seen some reviews for it and most of them are positive but none of them addresses the fact that you could get a vlx for cheaper now . Can anyone here tell me the advantages of a dragon over a vlx?
    I guess easier to mod and have LED lights
    OK. I noticed a mic port which is pretty cool. The vlx was pretty easy to mod as well. Just unscrew three screws and you're in. I never really understood the led craze. I ordered the obsidian, which comes with leds, so maybe that will change my mind when it comes in.
  • EyeOfThundera822EyeOfThundera822 I met Gootecks & Mike Ross and came off like a complete cringe-worthy fuccboi -EVO'15 Joined: Posts: 229
    It kind of looks like the Q4 panel would fit on the Obsidian/Dragon. Can anyone confirm this for art modding purposes
    PSN - EyeOfThundera822
    It kind of looks like the Q4 panel would fit on the Obsidian/Dragon. Can anyone confirm this for art modding purposes

That's my only concern about the Obsidian, not just for art modding,but because of the 8 buttons. I don't love button plugs,so I'm curious about the possibility to change the plexi if is there. Time will tell.
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 402
    Plexi is not the same as Q4 (more round corner) , pretty sure Tek innovation will propose plexi remplacement soon.
    I have a friend who works with laser cuts, he would do it for me. Can't wait for this stick, if we're lucky it comes in EU before March.
    For the EU customers interested in the new sticks, I've emailed arcadeworlduk and they confirmed they're going to sell them in the near future when Qanba get the EU licenses to release them.

I can't wait,my body (and wallet) is ready.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    oodk wrote: »

Dragon's weight > VLX's weight > Every other officially licensed stick

Looks like the Obsidian's pcb mounting is throwback.. mounted beneath the control panel. Will be a problem for screw-in buttons.

OCfkUbN.jpg
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
    How about the plexi?
  • EndRantEndRant Joined: Posts: 218
    edited February 9
    oodk wrote: »

Dragon's weight > VLX's weight > Every other officially licensed stick

Looks like the Obsidian's pcb mounting is throwback.. mounted beneath the control panel. Will be a problem for screw-in buttons.

goddamnit, can you move the pcb around?
  • PsyjaxPsyjax Joined: Posts: 2
    Looking for a replacement USB cable for the Qraf4, can't seem to find anything in the U.K.