The Official Qanba Fightstick Thread (New products Coming)

Comments

• jkuc316jkuc316 In Mashing DP rehab Joined: Posts: 17
    Is it possible to rewire the stick so that start and select are swapped around?

I'm thinking this may be advantageous aside from the obvious removing the accidental hitting of the start button (as big or little of a problem as this may actually be), but to make select available in games for fight stick players when this button activates taunt, and even possibly for plinking "safely" without getting an unintended button press on the second button (although this may actually be like the Klingon death grip in practice)?

I don't currently own one of these sticks but am looking to either get a dual modded custom build from b15sdmdesigns or one of these, so am just weighing up the pros and cons of both!
    Yes I believe u can
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Absolute noob question, but I just got the Q4raf and plugged it into my PS3 and it comes up as an unrecognized USB device. Is there something I gotta do first to make it register as a controller?
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • GomezGomez Bad At Fighting Games Joined: Posts: 59
    Absolute noob question, but I just got the Q4raf and plugged it into my PS3 and it comes up as an unrecognized USB device. Is there something I gotta do first to make it register as a controller?
    first you gotta flip the switch on the top right corner to ps3 & pc before you plug it into the ps3
    Xbox: Gomez SF
    PSN: Gomez-SF
  • WolfkillerWolfkiller Equal Opportunity Destroyer Joined: Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Did that already. Do I have a defective stick? No lights flash or come on at all when I plug this is. Tried both slots, they both say "unrecognized USB device" when plugged in. Is there some kind of hidden power button I'm not seeing?!
    Shin-Mech-Brian: As I walk through, I look up and see Chun-Li holding my son and she says, "arrest him!" Ronald McDonald pulls up from behind me and put me in handcuffs. I ask why I'm being arrested and he says, "I'm under arrest for killing Santa Clause."
  • ointmentsointments Mr. Clean Up Joined: Posts: 384
    I'm having an issue connecting my wireless 360 headset to the same controller port my Q4 is plugged into.

It used to work before a couple days ago, and it works when my TE, and Paewang sticks are plugged in. Anyone have this issue? I prefer to play with my Q4 if possible.
  • shichishichi srk fadc sleep Joined: Posts: 131
    Did that already. Do I have a defective stick? No lights flash or come on at all when I plug this is. Tried both slots, they both say "unrecognized USB device" when plugged in. Is there some kind of hidden power button I'm not seeing?!
    Have you tried plugging it into a PC to see if it's recognized then? I've had no issues with mine (primarily using on PS3) and I've had it for a couple months.
    Hori VLX | MadCatz FightStick V.S. | MadCatz FightStick Pro SFxSanrio
    PC recognizes it fine. Installed new drivers, etc...
    PS3 refuses to recognize it. Where is this LED light supposed to be at anyways?
    EDIT: Guys at ArcadeShock.com got back to me swiftly today. Shipping it back for a replacement. They said "Something must have shaken loose in shipment."
    Bummer. Should have kept the damn box I guess!
  • KunakiKunaki Joined: Posts: 5
    I have a quick question here...
    Does anyone know where I can get clear buttons for that damn start button?
    I tried myself at some desings for my custom art yet I'd love that clear button.
  • delusional11delusional11 Dat Cycle Crusher Joined: Posts: 551
    I tried myself at some desings for my custom art yet I'd love that clear button.
    http://www.akihabarashop.jp/index.php?cPath=106&osCsid=7c28e587d71bfa71f40d4c5337a9f559

Sanwa OBSC-24
    Dr Sub Zero on Sir Bobby Blake - "Full blown and circumsized. There is no escape."
  • KunakiKunaki Joined: Posts: 5
    Thanks a bunch
    FocusAttack recently introduced a new, cheaper shipping option (First Class) for orders under 13oz. You can find more information on their home page. They ship from PA and their customer service is the best.
  • Mystic KalMystic Kal Joined: Posts: 147
    Hi there,

I'm having trouble trying to take off the balltop from the stock QANBA joystick on the Q4RAF. Is the balltop glued or something? I've modded a few joysticks before and never had a problem taking the balltop off. This one seems to be really stuck on. Any tips or help?
    You must defeat my mashing to stand a chance against me!

My SF channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TackleTackleHeadbutt?feature=mhee
  • VideoGamesNewYorkVideoGamesNewYork Joined: Posts: 16
    We finally got the Qanba shipment at VideoGamesNewYork.
  • paxospaxos Joined: Posts: 289
    mystic: open up the joystick and use a screwdriver at the bottom of the stick unit to fix the rotation
  • Mystic KalMystic Kal Joined: Posts: 147
    That's what I've been trying. But the ball is really stuck on. So bad that I'm starting to damage the bottom of the shaft.
    You must defeat my mashing to stand a chance against me!

My SF channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TackleTackleHeadbutt?feature=mhee
    Try to use a WD40 or any mineral oil and let it suck few hours.
  • r4ytracer4ytrace Joined: Posts: 4
    HI, I am intending to buy a Q3-XS soon, and I have two questions:

1. What are the difference between the Q3 and Q4 apart from the connections? , I'm just wondering as the Q3-XS seems to be more expensive at the place I intend to buy the stick.

2. Is the Q3-XS fully compatible with Windows 7 64-bit? And do Qanba have a custom driver install program etc., or do you just let Windows install it?

Any help is very much appreciated,

Raytrace
  • JambitboomJambitboom Creator of the ATARISTICK Joined: Posts: 110
    The Q4 is a great stick, but like all other fightsticks it has its issues. For one thing, the wire compartment is remarkably flimsy for how much time and effort they put into other design aspects of this stick. I had mine for 2 weeks before it popped off.

The other problem I have is with the felt bottom. Its great for grip, I definitely appreciate the lack of sliding that sometimes happens with other sticks that have a metal bottom. The issue I have is with static shock. I get them every time I touch that stick. What makes me especially nervous is that it temporarily turns off the stick every time it happens, and it takes a second for it to register as plugged in again.

Q4 is a an awesome idea and its great for anyone that wants a duel modded stick out of the box, but there's a flip side of the coin.
    God of the Guitar Stick.
    Engineer of the Atari Stick.

What will be next???
  • paxospaxos Joined: Posts: 289
    r4ytrace: the Q3 is a MDF stick with a high-gloss paint. XS version only xbox / pc. drivers not needed. no 3-in-1 support.

jambit: actually, you're the first person ever to report problems with static charge because of the bottom cover. never had any problems with that whatsoever.
    In response to Jambitboom. When did you buy your Qanba? For what I can count there are at least 4 different models (all the differences are all on the pcb and the wiring inside). In the latest 2 there are so many grounding that I cannot see happen what you describe.
    In response to Jambitboom. When did you buy your Qanba? For what I can count there are at least 4 different models (all the differences are all on the pcb and the wiring inside). In the latest 2 there are so many grounding that I cannot see happen what you describe.
    Hey,

The model I got is the Q4 RAF black, I bought it from your website in February. Everything was packed great so I don't think that this is a problem that resulted from something jarred loose in shipping. It could be that the chair I play from creates a lot of static. As far as I've been able to tell, the shocks occur after I've been playing for awhile(aka after a lot of friction has taken place between the stick and I), or after I've been sitting in the chair for awhile, and always when the system is on and the Q4 is plugged in. I know this is one of the older models, and I haven't opened it up yet, so if you have any ideas that would help eliminate this problem, I'm all ears.
    God of the Guitar Stick.

What will be next???
    r4ytrace: the Q3 is a MDF stick with a high-gloss paint. XS version only xbox / pc. drivers not needed. no 3-in-1 support.

jambit: actually, you're the first person ever to report problems with static charge because of the bottom cover. never had any problems with that whatsoever.
    Now that 2 people have said this to me, I have to wonder if its a problem with my individual stick. Any ideas on why this would happen?
    God of the Guitar Stick.

What will be next???
  • r4ytracer4ytrace Joined: Posts: 4

Ok great thanks a lot for your answer so both the Q4 and Q3 - when they install in Windows 7, they'll just come up as 'Arcade Stick' or somesuch under controllers?
  • DKorDKor Punching Bag Joined: Posts: 94
    Hey,
    ... so if you have any ideas that would help eliminate this problem, I'm all ears.

Wear leather soled shoes. Periodically touch a door knob with a pencil to release the static you're apparently building during gameplay. Or touch an opponent's stick once in a while and pretend it's a super power.

Sorry for the not-exactly-helpful response. I've just never heard of this happening. :)
    PSN: DKoresh
    KOF XIII: Athena / Yuri / Billy
    Mashing and martinis.
  • TortaTorta A piece of Cake Joined: Posts: 721
    Hi, i wonder if the pcb's in the q4 are fully common ground.
    i need this for a dualmod with another pcb :)

thx
    VAMOS
    MCCthulhu >> all

KOFXIII: Ash/King/Vice
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,467
    Now that 2 people have said this to me, I have to wonder if its a problem with my individual stick. Any ideas on why this would happen?

:eek: There's a good chance this is just your environment.

I used to play at a LAN center for several hours a day and experienced the same thing with regards to static. Unfortunately, I think I've even taken it a step further and actually managed the short the stick. Every so often it will disconnect and have to be manually reconnected or it will just press the Start button on its own. I think the area where I was playing combined with the particular material of the sofa I was sitting on at the LAN center was more the cause than the actual stick. As far as the stick goes, it may just be very delicate or sensitive.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • Runaway MagnetoRunaway Magneto Joined: Posts: 8
    Can anyone tell me what website I need to go to in order to purchase the Quanba q4 ELIVEPRO?
    Can anyone tell me what website I need to go to in order to purchase the Quanba q4 ELIVEPRO?
    I'm pretty sure VideoGamesNewYork has them.
  • DKorDKor Punching Bag Joined: Posts: 94
    I'm pretty sure VideoGamesNewYork has them.

They do.
    PSN: DKoresh
    KOF XIII: Athena / Yuri / Billy
    Mashing and martinis.
    Wear leather soled shoes. Periodically touch a door knob with a pencil to release the static you're apparently building during gameplay. Or touch an opponent's stick once in a while and pretend it's a super power.

Sorry for the not-exactly-helpful response. I've just never heard of this happening. :)
    If I can't get it to stop happening then I'll definitely pretend its a super power.
    God of the Guitar Stick.

What will be next???
  • otterotter CFN: otter- Joined: Posts: 4,661
    Do all versions that are currently for sale have a carrying handle on the top? I passed on getting the cool blue because I researched was under the impression that it does not have a handle. I later saw one at a tourny and I was mistaken. Anyway, If someone could tell me which models have it and I'll just narrow it down from there, thanks!
    :eek: There's a good chance this is just your environment.

I used to play at a LAN center for several hours a day and experienced the same thing with regards to static. Unfortunately, I think I've even taken it a step further and actually managed the short the stick. Every so often it will disconnect and have to be manually reconnected or it will just press the Start button on its own. I think the area where I was playing combined with the particular material of the sofa I was sitting on at the LAN center was more the cause than the actual stick. As far as the stick goes, it may just be very delicate or sensitive.

You're probably right about the environment. I started using my leather computer chair while playing and I noticed it significantly reduced the shock factor. I'm going to test it out at my buddy's place to see if I can eliminate it entirely outside of my house, and maybe try different fabrics of pants.

Its actually kind of funny that I'm thinking about changing my wardrobe over a fightstick...or kind of sad....

I am who I am people!
    God of the Guitar Stick.

What will be next???
  • Chris11Chris11 Joined: Posts: 8
    hi everyone, i have a qanba Q4 RAF for my PC and it is worked well for SSF4 AE PC version, but few months ago I unplugged it from my PC and when I trying to plug it into my PC again, it said "unrecognized USB device". It is likely that my PC cannot locate a proper driver for the Qanba Joystick, how could i solve this problem then? Thanks a lot.
  • ShingotinkShingotink Joined: Posts: 64
    hi everyone, i have a qanba Q4 RAF for my PC and it is worked well for SSF4 AE PC version, but few months ago I unplugged it from my PC and when I trying to plug it into my PC again, it said "unrecognized USB device". It is likely that my PC cannot locate a proper driver for the Qanba Joystick, how could i solve this problem then? Thanks a lot.
    Is the slider switch still set to PS3/PC?
    Is the slider switch still set to PS3/PC?

no, my qanba joystick is for PC use only =(
  • seqoseqo Joined: Posts: 230
    Both sides are recognized by pc, such PC/PS3 and Xbox360 are pc compatible, you must have 360 drivers on the xp, seven dont need them!
    arcade stick user
    Both sides are recognized by pc, such PC/PS3 and Xbox360 are pc compatible, you must have 360 drivers on the xp, seven dont need them!

I am using
    Qanba Q4 Ice Blue PC version which is designed for PC use only, therefore should not be related to 360 drivers problems =(
  • llx8000llx8000 www.qanba.com Joined: Posts: 348
    please contact me: zhongxianglong@hotmail.com
    Hello,everyone, I'm Xianglong , from ShenZhen China.
    our website:www.qanba.com
    If you can not read Chinese, please Using Google translate Chinese into English
  • TapperPTapperP Joined: Posts: 86
    Hey, has anyone bought one of the Seimitsu Special Editions from ArcadeShock? I'm interested in this one: http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/qanba-professional-joysticks/qanba-q4-360-ps3-pc-se-edition-all-seimitsu-parts-white-clear-balltop-q4-3in1blksewhibt-detail.htm

I currently own a Madcatz Fightstick which I use on my 360 and PC. It's nice, but the Sanwa stick... the throw feels kinda long to me. I would like something tighter. I play a variety of games, including fighters and shmups.

Would the Seimitsu stick have a tighter feel? And how would the Seimitsu button differ from Sanwa buttons? Thanks.

My big fear with Qanba are the quality control issues I've seen on the forum. I would hate to have a defect. :-/