The Official Qanba Fightstick Thread (New products Coming)

1616263646567»

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,084
    Get any 1.1 or 2.0 USB cable with a Male Type A at one end.
    The other end does not matter as you are clipping that end off.

You ether are going to splice the new cable onto existing wiring of your stick (inside the case of course) or you are soldering the cable directly to the PCB.

Do not forget your strain relief for your cable inside. Tying a knot in the cable inside of the case will work. If your stick has it use the existing pillar structure to snake your cable around. Or do both.

Some people do is install a USB pass-though, so you have a external detachable cable.
    Some people use a neutrik or Switch Craft Panel mount USB connector. and on the external side use a normal A to B USB cable like you would use with a printer.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • PsyjaxPsyjax Joined: Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info, I had just cut the cable at the fault and spliced it together outside the box. But that only lasted a few months. I guess I have to up my soldering skills, thanks for the strain relief tip. That makes sence.

Pass through is cool but I'm not worried, I just need to keep her going until I can afford a new stick.
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Left behind Joined: Posts: 2,732
    Checking the EU stores not even the Crystal is out yet when was available in US since the end of October/November. At this rate probably we can't get the Obsidian or Dragon before the summer. So much time, I'm gonna check something else at this point.
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    edited February 21
    Psyjax wrote: »
    Looking for a replacement USB cable for the Qraf4, can't seem to find anything in the U.K.

Email pexon and ask them to make a custom cable for you. They're based in UK.
    http://pexonpcs.co.uk/

You will need to take a picture or send them the pinouts and dimensions of the original Qanba cable.
    I *BELIEVE* the original Qanba JST connector is JST XH (2.54mm spacing row)--I could be wrong, maybe @Darksakul would know. That's because the Brook Universal Fighting Board's USB JST connector uses 2.54mm spacing row, with 4 pins, but does not use the shield ground pin, while the original Qanba PCB does, with 5 pins. The qanba USB cable has 5 pins: red, white, green, black, black, in that order.

Alternatively, have someone buy this cable and ship it to you or buy it yourself.

https://arcadeshock.com/products/qanba-replacement-usb-cable-for-q2-q4-controllers

There are USB to JST connector cables out there but you have to make sure the size is correct.

If you get the JST size correct and the pinout wire colors, Pexon will make a cable for you, but it will cost you.
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,520
    Are the crystal, q2 glow and q2 pro top panels identical?
  • ScotchScotch Joined: Posts: 101
    Has anyone came across this version of the Dragon?
    9saFBK2.jpg
  • aliasgregaliasgreg Joined: Posts: 2
    edited April 6
    Hello Guys,

I bought a Qanba Dragon in Import (France here) via amazon.com two month ago and it does not seem to be working anymore (not detected or lights on even if I change USB port on my PC - windows 10).

Would you have any idea what could have hapened or could you please inform me of Qanba customer services email, so I can try to contact them for my issue ?

Have a nice day.
    Greg
  • FalkentyneFalkentyne Joined: Posts: 576
    edited April 8
    Scotch wrote: »
    Has anyone came across this version of the Dragon?
    9saFBK2.jpg

This is pretty damn awesome. Where can this version be purchased? If you can link a place, I might be tempted to finally put my SFvT 360 stick to rest! (my Q4 is modded with a UFB).

*Edit* I PM'd Qanba on facebook and they said this joystick is not for sale....
    Post edited by Falkentyne on
  • aliasgregaliasgreg Joined: Posts: 2
    aliasgreg wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I bought a Qanba Dragon in Import (France here) via amazon.com two month ago and it does not seem to be working anymore (not detected or lights on even if I change USB port on my PC - windows 10).

Would you have any idea what could have hapened or could you please inform me of Qanba customer services email, so I can try to contact them for my issue ?

Have a nice day.
    Greg

Hello,

So I received support from a guy from Qanbashop : I can connect my fightstick again to the PC by pressing the "Turbo" button a for 4 seconds !

Stange trick but welcomed. Thank you to Qanbashop guy who is very nice and accessible.
  • DocabyssDocabyss Joined: Posts: 2
    i was trying to see if anyone fully opened up an obsidian to see if the LEDs on the side panels can be changed.
    was just curious to see if it was even possible.
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 905
    Haven't got my hands on an Obsidian yet, but I've done a detailed modders review of the Qanba Dragon.
    Please show support and like/comment/subscribe if you YouTube and like what you see and want to show support.

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 905
    Confirmed Qanba Obsidian has arrived.

I'll be doing another detailed breakdown & review as I did shown on the above post.

Should take me a week or two.
    SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 904
    Docabyss wrote: »
    i was trying to see if anyone fully opened up an obsidian to see if the LEDs on the side panels can be changed.
    was just curious to see if it was even possible.

I got a sample one that I pulled apart
    A few things to note
    1. Each side panel needs to be removed (7 screws)
    2. Each inner panel needs to be removed (another 7 screws)
    3. There are two PCB on either end (from and back) of the panel
    4. Each PCB has two white LED on it (one on each side)
    5. It is a two wire system (source/ground)
  • elbowslayerelbowslayer Joined: Posts: 2
    I just got Dragon from amazon deal. Its soo heavy! Its so damn stable though so its great for at home gaming, it would be a problem for tournies
  • Anbu87Anbu87 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey everyone,

Can someone tell me if the Dragon or even the Obsidian for that matter would fit on your lap when using a computer chair with arm rests? A DXRacer chair more specifically. The stick will be primarily used on my lap and not a desk/table.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Obshitian @ 18"
    Dwagon @ 20"
    I've used VLX's on my lap on desk chairs with arms you should have no problems. If anything sit upright and scootch up a little to bypass the arm rests you're not using whilst playing.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 915
    edited May 26
    Obshitian.. That bad, eh?
  • Anbu87Anbu87 Joined: Posts: 2
    Obshitian @ 18"
    Dwagon @ 20"
    I've used VLX's on my lap on desk chairs with arms you should have no problems. If anything sit upright and scootch up a little to bypass the arm rests you're not using whilst playing.

Thanks for the info! I was leaning towards the Obsidian simply due to mobility and possibly comfort due to it's smaller size, but I take it that you're not a fan of it? Lol.
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 511 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No I love their lineup sorry I was being obnoxious it was a long half day @ work before this memorial day weekend.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204
  • 62Telecaster62Telecaster Joined: Posts: 8
    I'm looking at getting a Carbon or Q1 with a Brook Converter for Xbox One use...is it possible for somebody with zero modding experience to install Sanwa buttons and a JLF stick to the Carbon without soldering or anything beyond easy drop-in/snap parts?

Option 2 is to grab a Qanba Shop Q1 with Sanwa parts already installed and pay-up on shipping, unfortunately.
    Yes, Sanwa upgrade is easy mode.
  • 62Telecaster62Telecaster Joined: Posts: 8
    Thanks man, I just watched a ton of videos and it seems easy enough. I was a bit confused by the first one that I watched before posting as it mentioned some more advanced mods which I got crossed-up with the JLF drop-in.

Pretty sure I can handle it and it might be fun. New question though...any key know if the Carbon has a separate artwork and panel, or if the artwork is screenprinted onto the panel like the Q1?
    The carbon has a plexi with the artwork infused onto it like the Q4.
  • retrogamer513retrogamer513 Joined: Posts: 11
    Does anyone have the Qanba Q4Raf Ice Red and can tell me if the balltop color is red or vermillion ? I really like the color and I want to buy buttons and a balltop of the same shade for an arcade control panel. Thanks.
    Does anyone have the Qanba Q4Raf Ice Red and can tell me if the balltop color is red or vermillion ? I really like the color and I want to buy buttons and a balltop of the same shade for an arcade control panel. Thanks.

I would say Red. Vermilion has a slight orange cast to it and the Qanba Q4Raf Ice Red is more of a deep crimson.
  • ArtesiaTheDeadArtesiaTheDead Joined: Posts: 1
    Hi everyone~

I recently decided to switch to stick, but unfortunately the stick that I really wanted is only for Xbox 360/PS3/PC. It is the Qanba Q2 Glow. Does anyone know a stick just like this or very similar for the Xbox One?

Thank you !
    There is none. Qanba didn't bother with Xbone. You're better off getting the Q2 Glow and modding it.
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 Old Ass Button Masher Joined: Posts: 261
    edited June 17
    So I've started into a dm Obsidian to ufb on a dpdt switch. Both boards come up like they should but not getting buttons or inputs for the ufb. Curious things; i wire up the stick and up is active untouched or if I put in a button input it's active with no ground wire. I haven't seen anyone else try to dm these yet but wanted to give it a go.

Edit: Obsidian works fine 100% but just ufb.
    Another Edit: I'm thinking I'm missing where I can power up the board from the ufb perhaps but then why are things registering at all then?
    Just a hero for fun
    You might need diodes for every input because of the touchpad. Better off just doing a full pcb swap imo.
  • NeonfinityNeonfinity Joined: Posts: 1
    Any idea when Amazon USA will restock the Obsidian?
  • jpenguin77jpenguin77 Old Ass Button Masher Joined: Posts: 261
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    You might need diodes for every input because of the touchpad. Better off just doing a full pcb swap imo.
    I wanted to keep audio support and touchpad on the Qanba board. But diodes make sense. Thanks.
    Just a hero for fun
  • wannerwanner Joined: Posts: 20
    Anyone in Europe who can enlighten me on the best way to get hold of the Obsidian? Seems impossible without paying a fortune in shipping...
    wanner wrote: »
    Anyone in Europe who can enlighten me on the best way to get hold of the Obsidian? Seems impossible without paying a fortune in shipping...

That just the European market for you
  • MlapMlap Joined: Posts: 1
    Anyone got an english user manual for Q4Raf? Got the white / red version second hand, buttons are wrongly mapped (1-->3, 3-->4, 4-->1 and shoulder buttons switched sides)

Accidentally plugged the stick to my PC the first time on 360 mode, got an driver installation error but now it seems to have installed through after re-plugging. Still mismapped buttons. I got a japanese user manual along the box but there seem to be some steps to set this thing up on PC. (Using PC/PS3 mode now)